logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline snap_itshannah  
#1 Posted : 07 July 2013 23:39:33(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Groups: Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 6355 time(s) in 2888 post(s)
UserPostedImage
TITLE: Sadness is Sweet
WRITTEN BY: Evangeline Wolfe & Moses Wolfe
SUNG BY: Evangeline Wolfe
GENRE: Indie rock, alternative country, indie folk
LABEL: Unrepresented - Currently looking
From the Album: Stay Strong, Drift On

"Evangeline Wolfe makes her debut release a heartbreak song, targeting something that everybody - except, of course, Evangeline Wolfe, who has never had a boyfriend before - has experienced. It's safe to say that although both Evangeline and her father, Moses Wolfe, wrote the song together, all the imagery of pain and sadness was mostly from the mind of her father, who has experienced heartbreak in more ways than one: First, in the death of Evangeline's mother twelve years ago, and, along with her death, the death of the band he had formed with her. We've all seen the show mothers pushing their daughters to do what they couldn't do in life, but very few times have we ever seen a show father, and I believe that that is exactly what we are seeing now.

Evangeline Wolfe, an absolute nobody until now, uses her voice throughout the song to give a child-like appearance to it. In the beginning of the song, we weren't sure if she didn't know how to control her voice well, or if she was trying to make it sound like that, but she proved to us that she really could sing within the last few verses of the song. Even though it's known that Evangeline's heart has never been broken in the way that she sings in the song, you can be sure that she'll convince you it has with her voice, the very emotion of every word floating off of her tongue and into your ears. Okay, maybe that was a weird image we just gave you, but you understand what we're trying to say, right? The song starts off with a single key of the piano, and then Evangeline begins to sing, sounding like a small angel. She does nothing to try to surprise us or take control of the song until the last few verse, when the song takes a turn from a simple piano driven ballad to a soulful -- almost jazz-like -- song, as Evangeline's voice grows with intensity, growing out of the "little girl" sound she took on at the beginning and becoming a "woman," at least with her voice.

Personally, I love Evangeline and can't wait to see more of her. She's not part of the bigger world of music stars; she's kept to herself since her website went up, and has made no effort to be in the limelight just yet. For once, we have a singer who lets her music speak for her rather than her scandals and actions... Either that, or daddy won't let her leave the house yet. Who knows. All I know is that I want more music from her... and stat." - Allmusic

Yesterday, when you drove away
I felt my heart break
As I waved, I concentrated
On my precious pain

My sadness is sweet
A love so deep
It broke clean in two
A piece for me
A piece for you

It can be your good luck charm
A talisman from fear and harm
It will keep you safe and warm
Until you're in my arms

My sadness is sweet
A love so deep
It broke clean in two
A piece for me
A piece for you

Yours is broken, too, I see
Just before you had to leave
You left half of yours for me
Now both our hearts are complete

My sadness is sweet
A love so deep
It broke clean in two

My sadness is sweet
A love so deep
It broke clean in two
A piece for me
A piece for you
A piece for me and
A piece for you

SOUNDS LIKE:
Jenny Lewis - Trying My Best to Love You

thanks 5 users thanked snap_itshannah for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 07/07/2013(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 07/07/2013(UTC), kandii on 08/07/2013(UTC), erich hess on 08/07/2013(UTC), Osprey037[Reported Failure] on 09/07/2013(UTC)
Offline genocidal king  
#2 Posted : 08 July 2013 00:03:16(UTC)
genocidal king

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
Ooc: I always like the little articles you do alongside your singles. Works really well and very effective. Another nice RP from you :)
UserPostedImage
Offline snap_itshannah  
#3 Posted : 08 July 2013 00:13:22(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

Quote:
Ooc: I always like the little articles you do alongside your singles. Works really well and very effective. Another nice RP from you :)

OOC: Thank you so much! :)
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#4 Posted : 08 July 2013 00:18:37(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 3950 time(s) in 1347 post(s)
Amy-Jayne - I love this song already it's in my head

OOC - nice work keep it up :)
UserPostedImage
Offline snap_itshannah  
#5 Posted : 08 July 2013 00:19:41(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

Quote:
Amy-Jayne - I love this song already it's in my head

OOC - nice work keep it up :)

Evangeline: Heh, thanks. It's always in my head, too.

OOC: Thank you. :)
Offline kandii  
#6 Posted : 08 July 2013 00:32:40(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 10467 time(s) in 3435 post(s)
Yasmine : This song is perfect ! There are only so few of us indie rock/indie folk artist out there and I am so excited that you have joined the team :)

OOC : I absolutely love it ! And I fell in love with the sound alike too so that's how you know this song is good .
Offline snap_itshannah  
#7 Posted : 08 July 2013 00:34:51(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

Quote:
Yasmine : This song is perfect ! There are only so few of us indie rock/indie folk artist out there and I am so excited that you have joined the team :)

OOC : I absolutely love it ! And I fell in love with the sound alike too so that's how you know this song is good .

Evangeline: Heh, glad to be part of the team, Yasmine. :) thanks for it.

OOC: Aw, thank you. Yeah, Jenny Lewis is pretty much wonderful. :)
thanks 1 user thanked snap_itshannah for this useful post.
kandii on 08/07/2013(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#8 Posted : 08 July 2013 08:06:49(UTC)
erich hess

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 17919 time(s) in 10412 post(s)
erich:from the name,i thought evangeline would be like...old. but she is not. i always like that sort of thing in a person.it's like when you think you step in poop,but its actually a long forgotten,yet still viable jello mold? fucking awesome. i'd take care of that boyfriend thing,if i were you. roving bands of satanists love virgin sacrifices. the song is killer and makes me feel bad about all the hearts i've broken.

karoliena: hearts broken by you? the only heart you've ever broken was the one of the guy who sells outdogs outside your building.

erich: it is not my fault! he should circumcise his hot dogs! that is just weird. and trust me,i know weird!
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
Offline snap_itshannah  
#9 Posted : 08 July 2013 08:13:04(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

Quote:
erich:from the name,i thought evangeline would be like...old. but she is not. i always like that sort of thing in a person.it's like when you think you step in poop,but its actually a long forgotten,yet still viable jello mold? fucking awesome. i'd take care of that boyfriend thing,if i were you. roving bands of satanists love virgin sacrifices. the song is killer and makes me feel bad about all the hearts i've broken.

karoliena: hearts broken by you? the only heart you've ever broken was the one of the guy who sells outdogs outside your building.

erich: it is not my fault! he should circumcise his hot dogs! that is just weird. and trust me,i know weird!

Evangeline: Um... heh heh... thanks for the advice? I think? :)