logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Raphaela  
#1 Posted : 09 May 2009 16:27:22(UTC)
Raphaela

Groups: Registered
Woman

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 63 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Edited by user 16 June 2009 11:48:13(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

I own:

Andrew Guinnard (Post-punk/acoustic)
Lucy Tankeray (Pop diva/weird)
Offline Raphaela  
#2 Posted : 09 May 2009 16:31:37(UTC)
Raphaela

Woman

UserPostedImage

June 15th - New website design launched/Birdies award.
June 21st - Album Artwork and Tracklisting posted.
July 16th - Stalingrad released/notes from the road.
July 25th - Album released!
July 28th - Chart info.
July 31st - Some more news.
August 16th - Final single digital release.
August 18th - Charts.
August 25th - Important date.
November 12th - DVD.
January 16th 2010 - Favorite Son's career after The Prisoners.

Edited by user 16 January 2010 14:45:23(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

I own:

Offline Raphaela  
#3 Posted : 10 May 2009 04:34:30(UTC)
Raphaela

Woman

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Edited by user 16 June 2009 13:50:10(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

I own:

Offline Raphaela  
#4 Posted : 04 June 2009 05:51:14(UTC)
Raphaela

Woman

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Tracks:

Charging, Comrades!

The song begins with a drum beat that reminds of soldiers marching. Soon you can listen to a male voice shouting "March!" in Russian. After a couple of seconds, some guitar chords are heard and soon after Favorite Son screams "Yes, sir!", also in Russian, the song begins. You can clearly tell that the guitar is the main instrument they worked out on this song. It's no longer the typical 3 chords, it has some small guitar solos on the middle and a 2 minutes guitar solo in the end.
Fat Chance's vocals are more spoken than sung. A little bit of screaming here and there, but just it.

Mommy, I Think There's a Communist Terrorist Under my Bed

Satirical song about the period when the world was under the "communist threat", Cold War as if you still hadn't guessed.
A bit poppy, but still with a small guitar solo in the middle. There's a funny dialog between a mother (played by Extraordinary Girl) and her child (played by Eduardo's adopted son). Good choice for a b-side.

Ops, I Think I Killed my Leader

Seems like sarcasm is their thing. This one is a bit more Hardcore though, with their 3 chords style back.
No solos on this one. Well, it's only 1:47 long so you can't expect many things. A good song nevertheless. Also funny lyrics.

UserPostedImage

Tracks:

Stalingrad

Epic Punk song about the battle of Stalingrad in Russia. It begins with the sound of one gun shot, soon more shots are heard and the song begins. Fast drum beats and exploding guitar riffs are featured in the song from the beggining to the end. Catchy lyrics also. Short guitar solo next to end and you can hear the bass is a little distorted.

Storm the Gates of Kindergarten

Poppy, catchy, funny. 3 words on how to describe this song. No solos on this one, you can clearly see that they weren't working really serious when they wrote it. Lyrics about some kids on Kindergarten that want to start a revolution against the teachers.

Circle Pit

Cover of the song Cicle Pit originally by Refused. Almost identical to the original version.

Edited by user 16 July 2009 14:37:44(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

I own:

Offline Raphaela  
#5 Posted : 13 June 2009 08:47:43(UTC)
Raphaela

Woman

UserPostedImage

16/07/09

Writting from the cyber cafe down our hotel, couldn't sleep so I came here. Portugal was amazing, I already loved the Portuguese people and now I love them even more.
We had a great time, when we were giving out autographs on today's concert, some people even cried! I admit, I cried with them.
Makes me wish to kill everyone's babies and continues the band!
Jokes ;)
Heading to Spain later today. As I imagined, the illegal download of our album is already online. I must say I even liked that, made us feel less guilty for not releasing the album on time.
See you all Spanish people in 3 days! Be there, tickets aren't sold out yet.

-Favorite Son

28/07/09

It's me again...writting from my laptop this time! The guys are all asleep and as usual, I couldn't. All I think about is my little daughter, but I'm sure my dad is taking great care of her.
About the tour, going great, just did a concert on Switzerland yesterday and heading to Italy later today. Our album did great and we're pleased. The charity we donated the money too is also happy.
Today a kid came to us with what seemed like our album. In the end, he just burned the songs on a CD and printed the cover. Congrats on the work anyway, we were pleased to sign the "first physical copy" of it.
That's it for today, more updates follow in August. I'll see if someone else writes in here, you're probably tired of me.

-Favorite Son

Edited by user 29 July 2009 13:47:20(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

I own:

Offline Raphaela  
#6 Posted : 16 June 2009 12:53:21(UTC)
Raphaela

Woman

"We finally updated the design of this thing. Also, the website became our official website now, but we don't want to spend money on buying a new domain, so the url is still the same.
On other news, we won our first Birdie YAYAYA! So, thanks everyone that voted for us, we really appreciated it.
Uh, that's all. All sections of the website are pretty much self-explanatory and the Tour Diary shall be updated on a weekly basis when we go on tour, I guess.
Thanks again guys!

-Favorite Son"
I own:

Offline Raphaela  
#7 Posted : 22 June 2009 11:22:38(UTC)
Raphaela

Woman

"First of all, I'd like to thank everyone that went to the Mashfest, the crowd was really great and we had an amazing time there. Headlining is fun!
Today I'm going to reveal the album's artwork and tracklisting! We expect to release it on July, some days before the world tour kicks off. Digital release, don't forget. Artwork:

UserPostedImage

And tracks:

01. Patriot Act?
02. Charging, Comrades!
03. Drowned in Blood
04. Letters from Yesterday
05. Stalingrad
06. The Morning will Never Come
07. The Sound of Freedom
08. Hell Seems like a Good Place
09. It's All About Hate (When it Should be About Love)
10. Glory Days Shall Come

We're in talks with the guys on The Lost, but I can't say anything else. An official announcement is coming.

-St. Jimmy"
I own:

Offline _Python_  
#8 Posted : 22 June 2009 18:20:02(UTC)
_Python_

Man
United States

Was thanked: 106 time(s) in 73 post(s)
"I'd love to get this release, inform me when it comes out."
--Flander Hondison--
UserPostedImage
Offline Raphaela  
#9 Posted : 23 June 2009 02:02:52(UTC)
Raphaela

Woman

_Python_ wrote:
"I'd love to get this release, inform me when it comes out."
--Flander Hondison--

"Thanks a lot Flander!
We've been working harder than we ever did on this album, so I hope people enjoy it as much as we do.

-St. Jimmy"
I own:

Offline Raphaela  
#10 Posted : 16 July 2009 14:26:30(UTC)
Raphaela

Woman

YAY! Tour finally kicked off yesterday. Amazing concert on Lisbon and another amazing one at Porto, love you all Portuguese guys and girls!
The diary was updated today also, with a few random noted from the road.
Our Second Single was also released a few days ago in case you hadn't noticed, and here is the tracklisting with a short description:

UserPostedImage

Stalingrad

Epic Punk song about the battle of Stalingrad in Russia. It begins with the sound of one gun shot, soon more shots are heard and the song begins. Fast drum beats and exploding guitar riffs are featured in the song from the beggining to the end. Catchy lyrics also. Short guitar solo next to end and you can hear the bass is a little distorted.

Storm the Gates of Kindergarten

Poppy, catchy, funny. 3 words on how to describe this song. No solos on this one, you can clearly see that they weren't working really serious when they wrote it. Lyrics about some kids on Kindergarten that want to start a revolution against the teachers.

Circle Pit

Cover of the song Cicle Pit originally by Refused. Almost identical to the original version.

Download it here!

Also, it's confirmed that The Lost will do a collaboration with us on the last single of the album. More details to come.

-Favorite Son
I own:

Offline Aj  
#11 Posted : 16 July 2009 21:36:26(UTC)
Aj

Man

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 28 post(s)
Recording with you guys was amazing, we have to do it again sometime! Love Ya'll!

Your Biggest Fan, Liam
Offline Raphaela  
#12 Posted : 25 July 2009 17:20:47(UTC)
Raphaela

Woman

As almost all of you probably noticed, the album is already available to download for a small price! I know it leaked weeks ago, but do whatever you want, the money won't go to ourselves as previously stated.
So, I'm here to give a short description of each song, buy it (or download, your choice) for the full experience ;)

01. Patriot Act?

Has a melodic hardcore feeling, like Bad Religion and alikes. Lyrics about when Favorite Son's grandfather enlisted on the Russian army and wasn't really sure of what that act meaned. He was proud to be Russian, but didn't know if it was the right way to show his love.

02. Charging, Comrades!

The song begins with a drum beat that reminds of soldiers marching. Soon you can listen to a male voice shouting "March!" in Russian. After a couple of seconds, some guitar chords are heard and soon after Favorite Son screams "Yes, sir!", also in Russian, the song begins. You can clearly tell that the guitar is the main instrument they worked out on this song. It's no longer the typical 3 chords, it has some small guitar solos on the middle and a 2 minutes guitar solo in the end.
Fat Chance's vocals are more spoken than sung. A little bit of screaming here and there, but just it.

03. Drowned in Blood

Beautiful ballad of how he felt after a couple weeks on the battles. All the blood and corpses everywhere, with nowhere to escape. Pretty much fight and shut your eyes or die in the horror.

04. Letters from Yesterday

A song about how the letters he received took so long to get to his hands. They were all checked first, before given to soldiers, invading his privacy. He used to get pictures of his wife 3 months pregnant, when she was already about 5. Heavy song with powerful guitar solo next to the end.

05. Stalingrad

06. The Morning will Never Come

Probably the heaviest song of the album, one of the heaviest they ever made! Screams most of the time, followed with St. Jimmy's fast drum beats, and the bass distorted once again. It even gets to be a little Crustcore, also with a guitar solo. Lyrics about the pessimism when on war, that you fear you won't be alive to live the next morning.

07. The Sound of Freedom

A little poppy song, old fans probably will skip it. Had everything to be a single and have a video, it'd attract more fans, but the band doesn't seem to be doing this album to please the major audience. Lyrics about all the sounds you hear on battlefields, from gunshots to people screaming and begging for their lives, the sound of freedom.

08. Hell Seems like a Good Place

Another pessimist song. Not heavy though, another ballad. As the name suggests, hell seemed like a much better place after all those years killing people and watching you friends die. Worse than that, missing all the times he could be with his son and wife, safe at home.

09. It's All About Hate (When it Should be About Love)

When he enlisted on the army, he did it for love to his country and family. He didn't expect to find so much hate and deaths on the way, the majority fighting for the minority.

10. Glory Days Shall Come ft. The Lost

One of the best punk songs of all times, not trying to be a cocky fucker. Couldn't have ended the album with a better song. About all the hopes and dreams he had when the war was near the end. Based on the last page of his diary, 3 days before he was murdered by a nazi soldier. 5 minutes long, a bit heavy in the beggining, catchy chorus and crazy guitar solo on the end. The Lost add their unique sound to the song, making it even more unbelievably epic and great. Awesome collaboration.

That's all. Our next single will be released in August or something, and I have no idea when an actual CD is coming. Sorry folks, you'll have to wait for that.

-Fat Chance
I own:

Offline Raphaela  
#13 Posted : 29 July 2009 11:49:03(UTC)
Raphaela

Woman

Chart time!

I'm here to inform the chart positions our releases got to the curious fans.
First, Charging Comrades! haven't got such good positions, but we can't really expect much from a digital release album.
Nevertheless, the highest charts it got were #129 (UK), #293 (USA) and #283 (Worldwide), selling almost 105,000 copies so far.
Stalingrad was a bit better, #131 (UK), #267 (USA), #158 (Canada), #119 (Australia & New Zealand), #108 (South America), #83 (Asia), #179 (Europe) and #78 (Worldwide), selling 292,000 copies so far.
Our album did great though! Impressive charts, thanks everyone. #40 (UK), #76 (USA), #34 (Canada), #32 (Australia & New Zealand), #28 (South America), #22 (Asia), #47 (Europe) and #18 (Worldwide), selling something around 145,000.
We're a lot happy with the results, physical releases shall come around October, and new single in August, so be ready!

-Favorite Son
I own:

User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#14 Posted : 29 July 2009 12:05:32(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)
Stephanie Ortiz: Congrats on the album, it did great!
Offline Raphaela  
#15 Posted : 29 July 2009 13:42:04(UTC)
Raphaela

Woman

stephaniewazhere wrote:

Thanks Stephanie, we share that view!
We were kind of worried because of the style change, but it all worked out in the end.
I bet your releases do better though *laughs*

-Favorite Son
I own:

User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#16 Posted : 29 July 2009 14:07:34(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)
Raphaela wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:

Thanks Stephanie, we share that view!
We were kind of worried because of the style change, but it all worked out in the end.
I bet your releases do better though *laughs*

-Favorite Son

Stephanie Ortiz: Awww, thank you so much. I like the new style actually, my favorite song is "The Sound Of Freedom". Its what I'm into. :)

Edited by user 29 July 2009 14:10:05(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Raphaela  
#17 Posted : 31 July 2009 15:53:12(UTC)
Raphaela

Woman

Various news to all.
First, we have a date to release the last single (digital release, still), it'll be on August 3rd! Only a few days away. Awesome collaboration we did.
Speaking of collaborations, it's been confirmed, we'll be working on a song with Alex Sin on his next album, called XO. Great times working with great artists, to end the band with style!
Oh, and the Tour Diary was updated, forgot to write last time.

-Favorite Son [Guitar/The Prisoners]
I own:

Offline Raphaela  
#18 Posted : 17 August 2009 06:43:47(UTC)
Raphaela

Woman

So, we had some problems regarding the artwork of the single. But, it was released now! 13 days late, but finally made it to the stores.

UserPostedImage

Glory Days Shall Come

One of the best punk songs of all times, not trying to be a cocky fucker. Couldn't have ended the album with a better song. About all the hopes and dreams he had when the war was near the end. Based on the last page of his diary, 3 days before he was murdered by a nazi soldier. 5 minutes long, a bit heavy in the beggining, catchy chorus and crazy guitar solo on the end. The Lost add their unique sound to the song, making it even more unbelievably epic and great. Awesome collaboration.

I'd Like a Human Hamburger, Please

Oh the sarcasm. I really like this song, I think it deserved more than just a b-side. A little ska melody and lyrics about some sort of Mc Donald's that sells human hamburgers.
Our vegan/vegetarian roots.

Supporting Caste (Propagandhi Cover)

We needed to add the biggest influence of our album somewhere. So, here's the cover of this epic Propagandhi song!

I know, I suck at describing songs. A big thanks for the guys of The Lost for helping us out, it turned out amazing!

-Extraordinary Girl
I own:

Offline Raphaela  
#19 Posted : 18 August 2009 13:51:11(UTC)
Raphaela

Woman

First week charts!

UK - #25
USA - #50
Canada - #70
Australia & New Zealand - #35
South America - #41
Asia - #35
Europe - #34
World - #20

We're so happy with the results, only 2 digits numbers! Hell, we made the Top 50 in all regions except Canada. Fucking Canadians...
Haha.
Thanks for buying our record. Oh, someone will update the tour diary soon.

-Favorite Son
I own:

Offline Raphaela  
#20 Posted : 26 August 2009 11:06:07(UTC)
Raphaela

Woman

September 12th...is the date you have to watch. We'll be in London that day, so it's a great opportunity to finally release our album as a physical copy.
We were talking and the only single to be released will be Glory Days Shall Come as a special LP edition. We owe that to our friends from The Lost.
And then that's it, no Greatest Hits album, no more collaborations (except the guest part with Ratner's Star, but that'll be just me, not the whole band), we're done with releases. Catch us on the tour for the last time.
I cry :'(

-Favorite Son
I own: