logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline MATTT  
#1 Posted : 09 August 2013 17:41:48(UTC)
MATTT

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 99 post(s)
One of the most anticipated young bands in the music industry named "Mannequin Religion" have their debut album "Dark Dreams" coming out and relatively soon! We are happy to announce that the debut album titled "Dark Dreams" by Mannequin Religion will be out on September 7th 2013, with Songs To Love and Die By. With all the hype surrounding the young duo since the success of their debut single "one." expectations for this album are through the roof. Throughout the rest of the month we will be getting a track by track analysis and live stream of the album! Today, what we have for you is the album artwork, album track listing, and a description of the influence behind the album by Matt and Nicole! You can few all of the following below!

ALBUM ARTWORK

UserPostedImage

ALBUM MEANING

Matt: Our new album "Dark Dreams" is crazy. To me it is about life, death, happiness, sadness and every other human emotion that we have in our body. I think that it's an insanely strong start for us as a new band as well because we bring something that people haven't heard before and kind of an eclectic sound to the industry. As many people heard with our song "one.", we are wanting to do something different. I have a lot more vocal time on this album compared to previous stuff that we did when we had "Suburban Sunrise" going so it's pretty different for me personally, but I love it. It's such a new turn for both Nicole and I musically then other stuff we've done, and it's so different then what is being put out right now by other artists. One minute it's a hard hitting rock and roll album, the next minute it's a pop album, and then out of nowhere it's a pop punk album. So we really embraced our roots, and our new influences with this album and made one fucking epic album.

UserPostedImage

Nicole: "Dark Dreams" isn't an album. It's a story about the craziness of life. Obviously life for Matt and I has been anything but normal the last year and half since we left the music industry and this album really gets in depth with what we've gone through. It's also about connecting as a species, and finally uniting. It's crazy how much we've changed since we first started making music. A lot of our earlier music was very dark, and sad, and now it's a bit happier. We have different tastes in music now as well. Although I absolutely still love Pop-Punk, I've dipped into more poppy radio friendly music which is weird but also awesome so you can hear that in our new music too. With this new album we finally made an album for us. We didn't make this album to destroy every band in the industry, we made it because we love music and wanted to see if we could change what seems to be such a bland and boring industry. The main thing I find really interesting about this album too is that we've record almost all of it on the road. We recording six songs before we actually announced the new band, and then we recorded four more while touring, so fans and anyone that listens to this album will get a real authentic feel and know that we recorded this album in the moment, none of it is pre fabricated bullshit that producers wanted. This entire record is what we wanted it to be, and it's so awesome to be on such a bad ass label to where they would let us do something like that. I also think that once people get a taste of the other music they're going to be blown away by what we've done. The only other thing i can say about it is, I can't wait until September 7th!

UserPostedImage

ALBUM TRACK LISTING

1 Let Me Fall
2 one.
3 Miscommunication
4 Wake Me Up From My Nightmare
5 Dark Dreams
6 Last House On The Right
7 Decisions
8 Follow Me Home
9 Failure In Numbers
10 Vulture

Check in next week for the first track-by-track analysis by Matt and Nicole!

Edited by user 06 September 2013 16:52:37(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

MY ARTISTS

hindsight.
UserPostedImage
thanks 6 users thanked MATTT for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 09/08/2013(UTC), C4AJoh on 09/08/2013(UTC), snap_itshannah on 09/08/2013(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 10/08/2013(UTC), niggajones on 10/08/2013(UTC), erich hess on 11/08/2013(UTC)
Offline Princess_Valentine  
#2 Posted : 10 August 2013 07:27:28(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 2517 time(s) in 1482 post(s)
Kourtney: Can't wait for this!

Ooc: I really love that album artwork. It's so cute! I'm sure that wasn't what you were aiming for lol but it's great. :)
DominicBrown|LeslieNielsen|LexiMarieTaylor|JordanSnow|AllyHansen|AriaKingsley

Offline MATTT  
#3 Posted : 11 August 2013 15:46:44(UTC)
MATTT

Man

Matt: Thanks Kourtney! I'm stoked for everyone to hear it! :)

OOC: Haha thank you :) It wasn't exactly what I was going for but hey! If you like it, that's all that matters!
MY ARTISTS

hindsight.
UserPostedImage
Offline erich hess  
#4 Posted : 11 August 2013 15:51:03(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Was thanked: 17932 time(s) in 10423 post(s)
erica: go matt and nichole. i loved you as suburban sunrise,and i love you now!

nina:seriously,loves. she looves nichole.

Erica:quiet,you! nobody needs to know that!

nina:when i walk in on you,love? yes,people need to know that.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
Offline MATTT  
#5 Posted : 11 August 2013 15:53:01(UTC)
MATTT

Man

Matt: Haha thank you so much Erica! You're support is amazing! I'll be sure to tell Nicole you say hi! XD
MY ARTISTS

hindsight.
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked MATTT for this useful post.
erich hess on 11/08/2013(UTC)
Offline MATTT  
#6 Posted : 11 August 2013 16:55:40(UTC)
MATTT

Man

Track 1 - LET ME FALL

UserPostedImage

Synopsis/Song Meaning

Nicole: Well here we are! Slowly debuting our very 1st album! It's pretty exciting... Alright well here we go! "Let Me Fall" is the first track off of the record and was one of the most interesting one's for us to record. It's nothing like our single "one." it's kind of a poppy track and it features Matt on vocals through the whole song. I mean there are really only three times I sing in the song so I'm sure that his synopsis/meaning is a lot better than mine. But pretty much this song is a really fun track, I didn't write the lyrics so to me it probably means something else then it really does. To me this song is about getting lost within your feelings for something or someone and you don't know what you should really do and kind of getting through crazy ass situations. I don't know what Matt meant for it to mean, but to me that's what it means. It's a really fun and odd track, and it's also a track that "Culture Uncut" said was one of our best new ones. I play piano on the song which is pretty awesome! I've never played an instrument on one of our songs until now so I think that it's pretty damn awesome! It's definitely one of my favorite tracks off the album just because, like "one." it's different and weird! So uh yea, that's my thoughts about the song!

UserPostedImage

Matt: So Nicole somewhat got it right.. Well. To be honest "Let Me Fall" is about falling in love with a hooker. Or well, thinking that you're falling in love with a hooker. Either way you guys get it. It's kind of an embarrassing song to talk about but it's an amazing jam. It's also the first song that I've been able to do full vocals on since the first band I was in, so it's quite unique and quite different then what some fans of our old band might be expecting. You know, we said it when we first started, and I'm going to say it again. We're not Suburban Sunrise anymore. We're not trying to re-do what we did in Suburban Sunrise. We're trying to do something 100% new and 100% different then anything we've ever done before and this track definitely helps us prove that! It's kind of crazy to be doing a "Track-by-Track" again after so long but we hope that everyone likes this album, and likes this song!

UserPostedImage

SONG LYRICS

Hook
You followed me back home
So lost and scared what happened?
You told me you lost your soul?
Tell me what happened? Happened? What happened?
(nicole's vocals)

Verse 1
You said you loved me
Kept me close
I'm in your heart now
Never leaving here alone
Where did you go now?
Screams so loud the neighbors know what's up now
Don't make me end your life this way

Verse 2
You're oh so beautiful
Please hold me down and let your pretty cry out
I walk in on you
And you're having such a melt down
Screams so loud the neighbors know what's up now
Don't make me end your life this way

Pre-Chorus
You like my kiss and breaking my bliss
Go down low hot damn I think I love you anyway
I love you anyway
I love you anyway
I love you anyway

Chorus
I love it
I love you
I hate this
Who are you?
I love it
I love you
I hate this
Who are you?
I love it
I love you
I hate this
Who are you?
Who are you?
I think I love you anyway

Verse 2
Two days later and your still calling me now
I thought this ended
You're breath finally wore out
You're still so beautiful
Even though your life is gone now
You're expecting the best time of your life

Pre-Chorus
I love you anyway
I love you anyway
I love you anyway

Chorus
I love it
I love you
I hate this
Who are you?
I love it
I love you
I hate this
Who are you?
I love it
I love you
I hate this
Who are you?
Who are you?
(matt's vocals)

Hook
You followed me back home
So lost and scared what happened?
You told me you lost your soul?
Tell me what happened? Happened? What happened?
(nicole's vocals)

Chorus
I think I love you anyway!
I love it
I love you
I hate this
Who are you?
I love it
I love you
I hate this
Who are you?
I love it
I love you
I hate this
Who are you?
Who are you?

SOUNDS LIKE

Track 2 - "ONE."

UserPostedImage

SYNOPSIS/SONG MEANING

Nicole: Matt and I both wrote the lyrics for the song, and if you read them or listen to the song you can tell that we both treated this song like it was our baby. One day when Matt and I were hanging out, the topic of starting up another band came up some how and we both thought that if we are going to be in a band again it is going to need to be something different than what we have made in the past. It's not that we didn't like our old songs, it's just that they weren't really who we were. Sure I mean we wrote them and everything but it was kind of like we were going through the motions instead of pouring our hearts into what we love to do. Which ultimately is what this song is about. Well, it's about two things really. With the parts that I wrote they are about finding yourself, and about how everyone is the same, and about how we all need to treat one another as if we were brothers and sisters. To me this song is very important and holds a special place in my heart because it's not some stereotypical bullshit that people would expect from us, it's something new that honestly no one in the industry today has touched. So, not only does this song bring something new into the music industry, it was created to help people become "one." with one another, which is where the song title comes from as well.

UserPostedImage

Matt: Where to start... "one." is our anthem that tells people about how no matter how hard you work to be better than someone or something that it is nearly impossible to be "better" than them. We're all just normal every day people, just because we play music, or your a professional athlete, or if your some world famous politician, your just a person like everyone else. And for me that's really what I want this song to get across to people. When Nicole and I decided that we wanted to start a new band and do something that is somewhat unique, I came up with the idea of creating what would be kind of, laid back Post-Hardcore music, but without the screaming and with something that is new in a genre that is so dull and expected. To me "one." is a song that will hopefully shine a new light in an industry that has seemed to go so dark. I really want this song to show people that we're not messing around and that we are here to start something new!

UserPostedImage

SONG LYRICS

Together we are one!(chant)

verse 1
I've been living my life
Hating everything
I always wanted to feel alive
But in reality I was alone

bridge
I've been living my life
And now I know what I've done wrong
You are my brother, my sister
Together we walk down the road

chorus
We are all one
Together we dont stand alone
Together we are one(chant)
We are the living saint
And the fire between
Where we live is where hide
We'll decide on the inside
Hide in the shadows
And living together

verse 2
We run we run through
All the homes where we once lived
There was so much pain pain here
But now we live as one, together we dont stand alone

bridge
I've been living my life
And now I know what I've done wrong
You are my brother, my sister
Together we walk down the road

chorus
We are all one
We are the living saint
And the fire between
Hide in the shadows
And living together

slow break
I've ran for all my life
From what we truly are
Brothers and sisters
Lovers and friends
Together we are one
Wake up and see the sun
Because today we don't run
Will you stand
Will you stand
Will you stand with me

slow break 2Matt's Vocals
I've been living my life
Hating everything
I always wanted to feel alive

chorus
We are all one
We are the living saint
And the fire between
Hide in the shadows
And living together

SOUNDS LIKE
MY ARTISTS

hindsight.
UserPostedImage
thanks 4 users thanked MATTT for this useful post.
Osprey037[Reported Failure] on 11/08/2013(UTC), kandii on 11/08/2013(UTC), erich hess on 11/08/2013(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 11/08/2013(UTC)
Offline MATTT  
#7 Posted : 25 August 2013 14:25:45(UTC)
MATTT

Man

TRACKS 3-6 COMING SOON!
MY ARTISTS

hindsight.
UserPostedImage
Offline MATTT  
#8 Posted : 28 August 2013 17:08:17(UTC)
MATTT

Man

Track 3 - "MISCOMMUNICATION"

UserPostedImage

SYNOPSIS/SONG MEANING

Matt: First off, sorry everyone for not being too active right now! We're on the road so it's absolutely crazy! We're currently on tour with The Harlots and Miss Way, and then after that we jump onto the "No Venue's Tour" starting with the North American leg! We can't wait! Also, in 11 days our debut album "Dark Dreams" comes out! So when we hit the "No Venue's Tour" you all better be singing along with us! So as a "we're sorry" gift to you guys for not being super involved right now, we're going to be posting tracks 3-5 right now for you guys to check out! So let's get on with it shall we? The first new track you guys are getting is one called "Miscommunication." Basically this song is about not understanding what is going on in the world and being confused as fuck at what people are telling you and just trying to get going and move into a realm where you know what exactly is happening. Pretty much that's what the lyrics mean to me, I didn't write this song so Nicole is going to give you a more accurate description about what the lyrics meaning is. Instrumentally for this song we wanted to go for more of that "Rock&Roll" feel instead of the Alternative/Experimental style we went with, with the two previous released tracks. That's all for me, I'll be back again with the next track below! Let us know what you think of this song!

UserPostedImage

Nicole: So hello everyone! Like Matt said we're really sorry for being inactive, it's really crazy to balance everything when we're on the road. Anyway, enough of that bullshit, let's get onto this fucking awesome song! "Miscommunication" is one of my favorite songs off of the album. It's not my 100% end all say all favorite, but it's easily up there! It's a rock and roll song, I mean what could be better!? Lyrically I wrote this song about aliens. A lot of the songs on the rest of this record are about outer space, aliens, and not knowing what is out there. I guess in a way it's about what Matt said but it isn't entirely. I don't really know what else to say about it so check it out!

UserPostedImage

SONG LYRICS

1st Verse
What the hell is that
Above my head?
Running from
Everything we've never known before

I feel them inside of me
Taking all over my brain

Are you freaking out?
You know you should be
Running from
Everything you never thought was real
But now you are waiting
Slowly your freaking
The things you believe
Are the things that you never knew

Chorus
We are breaking down
Watch the world falling down
You need to learn
That this is real
But what's inside of you
Breaks down every tooth
Now you know
Oh now you know
They're watching me
And starring right at you
Say to me what you want to say
There's something more
We're not alone

Verse 2
Are they watching me?
I'm scared of everything
I can't avoid
They're abducting everything I see
So tell me what you see
I need to know this now

Chorus
We are breaking down
Watch the world falling down
You need to learn
That this is real
But what's inside of you
Breaks down every tooth
Now you know
Oh now you know
They're watching me
And starring right at you
Say to me what you want to say
There's something more
We're not alone
X3

Sounds Like

Track 4 - "WAKE ME UP FROM MY NIGHTMARE"

UserPostedImage

SONG MEANING/SYNOPSIS

Nicole: This song is about a bad acid trip that Matt and I both had together about six and a half months ago. What? You made that Matt and I enjoy having spiritual experiences? Fuck you then! Haha anyway, this is another semi rock and roll song but lands more onto the experimental/alternative side that is really the key style we're going for with this album. I like it, we're actually planning on playing this song live on an upcoming tour that we have coming up next month *wink wink* so we really hope that you guys dig this track. It's one of the heavy hitters on the album, and gets me pumped as hell! It's been the song I listen to before going on stage while we've been on the tour with Miss Way and it's an AWESOME workout song! Dig it or die!

UserPostedImage

Matt: What Nicole said is 100% true. I helped her write the lyrics because we both we're having a bad trip at the same time. The nightmare I was having was that I thought wasps we're stinging me all over and I thought that ants we're eating my eyes. It was fucking CRAZY. It was a terrible experience, and is luckily the only bad trip we've had. I don't have much more to say about it so go listen!

UserPostedImage

SONG LYRICS

Verse 1
What do I see?
Is it with me?
Am I broken?
Am I breaking?

I can't see two feet in front of me
I'm being stung and I can't seem to breath
Why is it so hard to be?

Chorus
Let me break way from everything
I've once known
It burns so much that I've lost all feeling
This has never happened before
Now I can't believe

Verse 2
Can you see the sky?
Have you seen the light?
The shapes are gone
And the fun has worn off
The burn has gotten worse
My brain is about to burst
I can't keep doing this
If I can't even live my life

Chorus
I've once known
Now I can't believe

Break
The shapes break away
Did we agree to stay
My eyes have been ripped out
My bodies torn down
Is my mind still there?
Our sanity's gone
Our sanity is gone now

Chorus
I've once known
Now I can't believe

SOUNDS LIKE

Track 5 - "DARK DREAMS"

UserPostedImage

Matt: We are officially at the 50% mark for the album! "Dark Dreams" is the title track for the album and is also one of the slower/acoustic songs on the album. This song is a tad bit out of place coming after a hard hitter like "Wake Me Up From My Nightmare" but this song is completely weird. Seriously, it's just straight up odd. The song is about a story I read of a man who shot himself while driving. It just kind of grabbed my interest because it's something that doesn't happen that often and I found it really sad. I wrote the lyrics and the music for this one, so it's kind of like my baby. This song would be the definition of an experimental track, especially instrumentally. Enjoy!

Nicole: This is more of Matt's song, so what he said covers it. I just sang half of it for him haha

SONG LYRICS

What did I see today tell me?
So much potential before today
What I saw was very bad
I couldn't stay her anymore
I saw it happen to this man
His mind was left all in his car
He was so sad he couldn't see the wall
Everyone had to stop and look
They had seen him before
Nobody knew his name, or whether he could speak the law
I felt so sad, today

You wouldn't believe me, what I saw today
My brother came home in a coffin from the war
Nobody would stop and stay
They all just laughed, and then they walked away
I felt so sad, today
(Nicole's vocals)

I got up
When down the stairs
Told my mom I liked her hair

She didn't really care what I had to say
She told me I better get away
Grab my stuff, found my head, got outside in minutes flat

When I got back home I had a smoke
The kids through rocks at my door and I couldn't sleep
(Matt's vocals)

You wouldn't believe me, what I saw today
My brother came home in a coffin from the war
Nobody would stop and stay
They all just laughed, and then they walked away
I felt so sad, today
(Nicole's vocals)

SOUNDS LIKE

Alright everyone! Well that's all we have for you this time! We hope you like what you are hearing so far! We had so much fun making this album, and we hope that you all have fun listening to it! Be sure you come see us on tour!

-Matt & Nicole

OOC: Sorry for being so inactive, I've been insanely busy with work and I just started my first semester in college so life is crazy right now!
MY ARTISTS

hindsight.
UserPostedImage
thanks 3 users thanked MATTT for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 28/08/2013(UTC), snap_itshannah on 28/08/2013(UTC), kandii on 04/09/2013(UTC)
Offline genocidal king  
#9 Posted : 28 August 2013 17:14:41(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
Gio Silva: Chaps! It's awesome to hear more stuff from you two. Listening to it on tour each night has been a fucking de-light! Loving being out on the road with you guys. Wake Me Up From My Nightmare is my favourite so far. I love songs with a bit of a darker twist like that.

OOC; Nice work on this so far :) Really nice lyrics.
UserPostedImage
Offline erich hess  
#10 Posted : 28 August 2013 19:59:24(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Was thanked: 17932 time(s) in 10423 post(s)
erica:i love you guys! you just keep getting better. by this time next year? matt and nichole will be mentioned in the same hushed and reverent tones as elvis. i love songs about acid trips.

nina:yeah, if its a harlots song? acid was probably involved. we are like the punk rock grateful dead,love.

erica:never say that again.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
Offline MATTT  
#11 Posted : 29 August 2013 11:15:59(UTC)
MATTT

Man

Matt: Thanks guys! I'm so glad you're digging it so far! :)

OOC: thanks dude!
MY ARTISTS

hindsight.
UserPostedImage
Offline MATTT  
#12 Posted : 04 September 2013 16:18:45(UTC)
MATTT

Man

Track 6 - "LAST HOUSE ON THE RIGHT"

UserPostedImage

SONG MEANING/SYNOPSIS

Matt: Only four more days until the album will be officially released and available for purchase! We're so excited it's ridiculous! The next track that we have for you guys is an odd little one. It's a piano/industrial type track that we really like called "Last House On The Right." I spent a lot of time working on the instrumentals for this song and it's actually one of the oldest songs that we had done for this new record. We finished this song about five and a half months ago so since we finished the demo it's just been fine tuning and making it awesome! I'm really really happy with how the track turned out and I think that ?Nicole is as well. I guess the greatest part of making an experimental album is the fact that we didn't have to stick to one style, we didn't just have to make crazy hard heavy music, we were able to branch out into different styles that we've never touched before and if you go back through and listen to this album you can see and hear that our influences have changed and are now all over the place since our last band and it's a good change. Well, at least I hope it's a good change, for all I know you guys could all hate this album. But pretty much that's all I have to say about this track, it's awesome, dark, and different!

Nicole: Saturday can not come fast enough! I can't wait for everyone to finally be able to own a copy of this album and I can't wait to open up this big ass boxes of hard copies we have in our tour trailer and sell them at shows! So, "The Last House On The Right" is about facing your fears and getting past the unknown and accepting the fact that you can't know everything and that you will never know anything. I wrote the music for the piano parts which is awesome for me because I've never been able to do anything musically with the band before other than sing but it's different for me and I love it. A lot of people don't know or didn't know that I've played piano since I was six and have been playing guitar for the last three years so it's been fun for me to work on the music with Matt even though he is really the mastermind behind how all these songs are turning out. I love this song so much because it has a darker sound then a lot of the other songs on the album. Enough talking! Go check it out below!

UserPostedImage

SONG LYRICS

Verse 1
I'm falling head over heels
Learning things I've never thought existed
I have my eyes open wide
Wondering what I've been missing
I'm not coming down
Stop calling me down

Do you really want to see me die?
Even when I've tried?
I don't know what's life
I'm not coming down
Stop calling me down

Chorus
I'm just busy
Finding my way in this world of pain
Learning new things
Each and every day
We're not meant to live
In this world dark and pain

Verse 2
Can you see what I see?
Or do you look right through me?
Taking all my frustration
Throw into the world, this prison
I'm not coming down
Stop calling me down

When can you see the sky?
And know that every single time
You see what you see it's just in your eyes
I'm not coming down
Stop calling me down

Chorus
I'm just busy
Learning new things
Each and every day
We're not meant to live

Instrumental Break

Chorus
I'm just busy
Learning new things
Each and every day
We're not meant to live

SOUNDS LIKE

Track 7 - "DECISIONS"

UserPostedImage

SONG MEANING/SYNOPSIS

Nciole: I told everyone that my favorite song off the album was in this next batch of songs and well, this is it! "Decisions" is another heavy hitter off of the album and is very similar to the style of "one." and well to be quite honest the rest of the songs from here to the end of the record are heavier and easily my favorites off of the entire album, but this one in particular is my absolute favorite. It's about making decisions that make you happy and make your life positive and happy. I mean, what more is better? It's just a good song to listen to when you want to smile and when you need to cheer up. We've been playing this one on the road as well and it's been a blast!

Matt: I'm pretty much just going to add on to what Nicole said about this song, and it's all about being happy and enjoying life which is something you don't get much of out songs today so it's something new and different. It's a heavier song like she said which always means that we get to rock out and go ape shit on stage which is always awesome to do! And it's been cool, so far on the road this is one of the songs that's been getting the best fan reaction. People are totally into it and dance with it. That's really all I have to say about it so check it out!

UserPostedImage

SONG LYRICS

Chorus
Wake up everyday
Got a big smile on my face
Look outside
Look around
Look at the land
Just go out and give a hand

Verse 1
Walking out of town
Leaving the negativity behind
Wearing crowns upon our heads
Being the best people that we can
When I'm calling out your name
I hear you calling back to me
Now I know what it's like to free

Chorus
Wake up everyday
Look outside
Look around
Look at the land

Verse 2
We all have wooden teeth
Learning how to cut the strings
Out of this prison
Out from hell
There is love deep in our hearts
And splinters in our bones
Now I know what it's like to be free

Chorus
Wake up everyday
Look outside
Look around
Look at the land
This is happiness
To go out and be free

Bridge
We're running and we're burning
From the time that we're kids
Learning how to get past that
And becoming well known

Get on your feet and run away
To a place that you can be
No hate, no faith just you and me
I know this is how we can follow it down low

Bridge 2
We all have wooden teeth
Learning how to cut the strings
Out of this prison
Out from hell

Chorus
Wake up everyday
Look outside
Look around
Look at the land
This is happiness
To go out and be free

SOUNDS LIKE

Track 8 - "FOLLOW ME HOME"

UserPostedImage

SONG MEANING/SYNOPSIS

Matt: Here we are! Only two tracks left after this one! How exciting haha! This is the last one that we're posting for today and it's another heavy hitter. Like Nicole said, the end of this album goes out with a BANG! This is track where we tried to blend, electronic pop with the heavy sound of a few other songs on the album. We haven't been playing this song live yet but we might be on an upcoming tour that we're jumping on September 20th *wink wink*. This is probably my favorite off of the album mostly because of how we blended the styles together. It's something different and awesome!

Nicole: This is definitely another one of my favorites off of the album. I just absolutely love the heavy hitters that we made for this album. They're just crazy, fun, and heavy. This one is probably the most unique hard track on this album just because we mixed it up the electronics and the pop sounds that are in it. Lyrically Matt and I wrote it about a crazy fan that we had back when I first joined him on the musical excursion in 2010. She would follow us around town and find out where we were like 24/7. It was really creepy and freaked us out. Afterwards, we ended up getting a restraining order and never saw her again. But! It makes for an interesting story. Matt actually brought it up again a few months back so we thought it would be interesting to make a song about it! So if she's reading this, she knows exactly who she is, and now she knows that there is a song about her!

UserPostedImage

SONG LYRICS

Verse 1
[i]Every time I go
They stop and stare at me
They stop, and they stare
Know I know, they know
Everything about my life
They stop and thy stare

We are just the same as you
Calm down, just breath, and be you

Chorus
You follow me everywhere I go
Why can't I hide?
Broken down you follow me home
I need a place to hide

We need to find a new home
Far away from this place
you want us alone
Hide in your chest
You follow me home with no thought of whats best

Verse 2
Get on up
And hide away from
Everything you know that we know
You can't fight the pain
That you feel
Now you know how this will end

Chorus
Why can't I hide?
I need a place to hide

Far away from this place
you want us alone
Hide in your chest

Instrumental Break

Chorus
Why can't I hide?
I need a place to hide

Far away from this place
you want us alone
Hide in your chest

SOUNDS LIKE
MY ARTISTS

hindsight.
UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users thanked MATTT for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 04/09/2013(UTC), snap_itshannah on 04/09/2013(UTC)
Offline MATTT  
#13 Posted : 06 September 2013 16:54:04(UTC)
MATTT

Man

Track 9 - "FAILURE IN NUMBERS"

UserPostedImage

SONG SYNOPSIS/MEANING

Nicole: Down to the wire! Time to reveal the last two tracks from the album! "Failure In Numbers" is about pretty much what the title sounds like. It's about society failing as a whole. I wrote the lyrics to this one and it took me about a month to finish it up. I love this song, it's another heavy rock and roll track. We've been opening with this song lately on the past tour and it's a good song to get the blood pumping, and crowd going crazy! It's another song that I love from this album and think the fans will really enjoy as well!

Matt: This is my personal favorite from the record simply because it's a bad ass track! It's the one song that I think will remind people of the very early days of Suburban Sunrise. It's a very heavy Pop-Punk track and it's just an overall awesome song! The lyrics are cool as hell and it's just a fun song to too! Playing this song live has also been epic! Check it out!

UserPostedImage

SONG LYRICS

Verse 1
Here we are again
Never win
Breaking down the walls
Now every one is gone
My eyes are burning tonight
I've lost all my thoughts
And all my heart
Come back home tonight
Tear me to pieces and make me your slave

Chorus
You keep running away
When they just want you stay
So they can steal all you love
And kill you like I do
Tonight might be fine
But we'll regret it in the morning

Verse 2
They tell me it's just failure in numbers
Walk on my corps
As you just fall
And now you know that I can't move on
Just know you were loved
Before this storm

Bridge
And my conscious
Just tells me
To move on

But we're broken
And we're beaten
And poor

This is not the end
We will not defend
All of these lies
That they feed down our throat
X2

Chorus
You keep running away
When they just want you stay
So they can steal all you love
And kill you like I do
Tonight might be fine
But we'll regret it in the morning
X2

SOUNDS LIKE

Track 10 - "VULTURE"

UserPostedImage

SONG MEANING/SYNOPSIS

Matt: Some of you guys might remember this song. We're bringing it back for all of the old fans that have supported us since the very beginning. We changed it up a big, but the song is still the same general idea that people fell in love with back in 2010. It's kind of crazy to think that the original "Vulture" song came out three years ago! This is also THE HEAVIEST song on the record so for all your kids that LOVE heavy music this is the track for you, and! I get to scream on it! ;) I don't really have much more to say other than thank you all so much for your support! The album comes out in two days and I'm actually nervous! I really hope that you guys have enjoyed are track by track and hope that you guys are all excited to own this album!

Nicole: THE LAST SONG IS HERE! Holy cow! Well, "Vulture" is the song from three years ago re-imagined and re-done. We wanted to take a song that all of our fans loved and make it better. We changed up the lyrics, and the style of the track A LOT but we know that our real fans will love this song! Thank you guys so much for sticking with us through this track by track and thank you to everyone who has pre-ordered the album! It means so much to us, you don't even know! Be sure you come see us out on the "No Venues Tour" when we jump on September 20th! Thanks again everyone!

UserPostedImage

SONG LYRICS

Nicole's Vocals = Blue
Matt's Vocals/Screaming = Red

Verse 1
My heart now
It's bursting
I can't seem to live alone anymore
This vulture is watching me
He flies above my head
Waiting for me just to drop dead

Now my hands are trembling down
Hold my head and making me drown
Tearing my skin right off the bone
The vulture waits to follow me home

Chorus
Time wont wait
I find it too difficult
Please let me break away

Time wont wait
I find it too difficult
Please let me break away

Verse 2
Push me off the side of the earth
Where can I find my dear?

I can't sleep
He watches me

Now my hands are trembling down
Hold my head and making me drown
Tearing my skin right off the bone
The vulture waits to follow me home

Chorus
Time wont wait
I find it too difficult
Please let me break away

Time wont wait
I find it too difficult
Please let me break away

X2

Bridge/Breakdown

X2

Bridge
Why can't I stand still?
X2
Time wont wait
I find it too difficult
Please let me break away

Chorus
Time wont wait
I find it too difficult
Please let me break away

Time wont wait
I find it too difficult
Please let me break away

X2

Slow Break/Ending
Why can't I stand still?
X2
Time wont wait
I find it too difficult
Please let me break away

SOUNDS LIKE

BE SURE YOU HEAD TO YOUR LOCAL STORE OR ONLINE RETAILER AND PICK UP MANNEQUIN RELIGION'S DEBUT ALBUM DARK DREAMS OUT THIS SATURDAY!

OOC: Thanks everyone for checking out the album stream for MR :) I hope that you guys like it! I put a lot of time into this RP and seeing the feedback on it so far has made me really happy! Thanks again everyone for taking the time to check it out!
MY ARTISTS

hindsight.
UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users thanked MATTT for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 06/09/2013(UTC), snap_itshannah on 06/09/2013(UTC)