logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#1 Posted : 31 August 2013 11:22:57(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)

UserPostedImage

Heather Brook DeSoto (born January 17th, 1985), known professionally as Sunny Monroe, is an American multi-instrumentalist, singer and songwriter. Monroe was signed to a small indie label in late June of 2008 called Black Light where she went under the name Heather Brooks. Born and raised in Detroit Michigan, Sunny was collaborated and written songs for the likes of Jennifer Armstrong, Kourtney Steele, Isabel, and many more. She released a single back in 2010 titled, 'Paint Brush' but it failed to crack the top 200. After her contract, she decided to be independent and to try on her own, being a songwriter and producer for other artists. So far she has worked with over 100 artists and has received tons of praise for her lyrics and songs with artists.

Her journey began on January 17th, 1985 (28), in Detroit, Michigan to parents Valentina and Garret Brooks. As an only child, she spent majority of her time with her parents and they formed a small indie band called 'Trinity'. Together they produced a total of two albums, 'Old Times Ball' and 'Cotton Mouth'. Monroe was 14 at the time and would be exposed to the adult life pretty early in her career. She would began to sneak into bars and clubs after performances and stay the whole night. In 2004, she moved to Los Angeles, California in hopes to pursue a music career and venture out on her own in the world of music without her parents by her side. She would quickly find out how competitive things would be. Upon her arrival, she tried to break into the industry but was rejected many times. She then tried her hand at songwriting and was signed 4 years later to an indie label. She began working with different artists and writing songs for them as well as trying her hand at producing. So far all of her produced singles/written singles have all debuted in the top 10 at least, sparking an interest from other labels. She was then approached by Gia Rose-Hilton to start working with a few of her artists on Studio60 Records which Sunny agreed to do in 2012 and since then has written and produced over 20 different artists' works. She is currently unsigned and still working with various artists. She has also been known to do background vocals on tracks but was uncredited for it.

:.Background Information.:
Birth Name: Heather Brook DeSoto
Also Known As: Heather Brooks
Born: January 17th, 1985 (28)
Origin: Detroit, Michigan
Genres: Pop, R&B, Soul,
Occupation(s): Singer, Songwriter, Producer
Instrument(s): Vocals, Piano, Guitar
Years Active: 2008 - Present
Label(s): Black Light (2008-2010) Unsigned (2011-Present)
Associated Act(s): Isabel, Jennifer Armstrong, Kourtney Steele, Eilidh

:.Songwriter Credits.:
Can't Help Myself (2012, Dancing In The Dark, Isabel) [With Gia Rose-Hilton]
Leave That Girl Behind (2012, Dancing In The Dark, Isabel) [With Gia Rose-Hilton and Isabel Merjos]
Mirror Ft. Jennifer Armstrong (2012, Dancing In The Dark, Isabel) [With Isabel Merjos, Jennifer Armstrong, and Gia Rose-Hilton]
Break Me (2013, TWENTY-THREE, Jennifer Armstrong) [With Jennifer Armstrong]
A Smile To Remember (2013, TWENTY-THREE, Jennifer Armstrong) [With Jennifer Armstrong, and Bianca Moretti]
New To This (2013, TWENTY-THREE, Jennifer Armstrong)
Last Time (2013, TWENTY-THREE, Jennifer Armstrong) [With Jennifer Armstrong, and Pixie Love]
Nothing (2013, TWENTY-THREE, Jennifer Armstrong) [With Jennifer Armstrong]
Trust In Me (2013, TWENTY-THREE, Jennifer Armstrong) [With Jennifer Armstrong, and Gia Rose-Hilton]
Heart On The Line (2013, Kourtney Steele) [With Kourtney Steele, and Bridgit M.]
In Your Head (2013, Kourtney Steele Ft. Eilidh Greene)[[With Kourtney Steele]
Freedom (2013, Serenity Scott)
Do What You Do (2014, Isabel)
Make Me (Your Woman) (2014, Sabrina Franc)

:.Produced.:
Dancing In The Dark - Isabel (2012)
TWENTY-THREE - Jennifer Armstrong (2013)
Heart On The Line - Kourtney Steele (2013)
In Your Head - Kourtney Steele (Feat. Eilidh Greene) (2013)
Freedom - Serenity Scott (2013)
Pixie - Imagine (2013)
Sabrina Franc - Make Me (Your Woman) (2014)

:.For Business Inquiries.:
Facebook: facebook.com/SunnyMonroe
Twitter: @SunnyMusic
E-mail: [email protected]

OOC: Trying something new again. Having a songwriter first and artist second, I'd like to use her talents as a songwriter first, meaning I'd be happy to write songs for your characters if you want, all I ask is that you be patient and don't fret if I don't get to you asap! Just PM me if you want a song written or need a producer.

Edited by user 09 January 2021 00:41:01(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 6 users thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
Walton on 31/08/2013(UTC), genocidal king on 31/08/2013(UTC), erich hess on 31/08/2013(UTC), GirlSpice on 31/08/2013(UTC), BrownSugar on 01/09/2013(UTC), Moquel on 09/09/2013(UTC)