logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline kandii  
#1 Posted : 09 September 2013 05:18:33(UTC)
kandii

Groups: Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 10467 time(s) in 3435 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Artist: Zayne
Album : 365 Days of Solitude
Release Date: September 15th , 2013
Recorded: July 5th , 2O13 – September 1st , 2013
Label: Songs to Live and Die By
Genre: N/A
Producers: inZane

After finally gaining success for his pop/rock mixtapes , Zayne wanted to do something different . He wanted to become something new . On his official website , 2 months after cancelling his DB single , ' Strip ' which depending on the teaser , was going to head into a pop/rock direction , he stated the words , " Just changing faces ... Trying to avoid the phases . " right above the cover art and track list of his now planned debut album . Following that , he even switched his labels from Titanium Records to Songs to Live and Die By . He is really committed to this change in music and didn't second think it . The album only took a good 2 months for him to finish due to him focusing on nothing but his debut album after getting off what seemed to be a chaotic tour .

When making this decision Zayne decided that he would release the album right away . No singles , no promo , just right away . He didn't tell the public about it until late September 7th and had it released on iTunes the following week . It seemed like a bad idea to his manger and his new record label , but he chose to anyway . His reasoning was that he doesn't want this album to be one of those that only gets recognized because the artist has a big name or does a lot of promo . He wants to know he can pop up with an album out of nowhere and still have it top charts . " That would be so boss , right ? " Says the singer in a short interview with Culture Uncut .

' 365 Days of Solitude ' is about a thought or epiphany of Zayne's life , that makes him lose contact with everyone he knows and locks himself inside of his mind for one whole year to figure out what it is that's driving not only whoever he has remaining in his life away , but himself away . It shows his progress as he writes a song for every month , kind of trying to keep track of his emotions . It's almost like an experiment as in January he starts of really calmly describing his problem and then travelling throughout the whole album to see what the outcome is in the last song , ' December ' . Although this album is all about ' solitude ' , Allison features on the track , ' August ' and Yasmine features on , ' December ' . They don't play roles of actual people , but voices inside his head . It makes sense when you think about it , because 365 Days in Solitude would drive pretty much , anybody crazy .

Tracklist
1. January
2. February
3. March
4. April
5. May
6. June
7. July
8. August ft. Allison
9. September
10. October
11. November
12. December ft. Yasmine

Edited by user 09 September 2013 05:27:13(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 9 users thanked kandii for this useful post.
snap_itshannah on 09/09/2013(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 09/09/2013(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 09/09/2013(UTC), genocidal king on 09/09/2013(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 09/09/2013(UTC), Walton on 09/09/2013(UTC), BrownSugar on 09/09/2013(UTC), erich hess on 09/09/2013(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 09/09/2013(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#2 Posted : 09 September 2013 05:28:36(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

Album : 365 Days of Solitude
Track : January
Artist : Zayne
Label : Songs to Live and Die By
Written by : Zane Anoshkin
Produced by : inZane
Length : 3:28

' January ' is the first song off of the album , ' 365 Days of Solitude ' . If you didn't notice , it is also the first month of the year , which the whole track list of the album seems to be based off of . It is the start of a thought or epiphany of Zayne's life , that makes him lose contact with everyone he knows and locks himself inside of his mind for one whole year to figure out what it is that's driving not only whoever he has remaining in his life away , but himself away . It is also the start of Zayne's new era for music . After being known for mixtapes with a pop/rock sound , he is focused on making his debut albums something different so he can , ' avoid the phases ' .
A piano plays to intro the song and follows it is a violin . Both are played by Nina Tarantino , Rum of Rum & Coke . ( She is surprisingly really talented at playing all types of instruments , she just never mentions it ) The violin stops playing just as the intro stops and the first verse begins . Zayne's voice comes in , calm with the piano in the background . He sings about realizing he hasn't changed from that person he so desperately wanted to get rid of . That person was driving everyone away because of his trust issues and stubbornness and so now here he is , alone , thinking about all that he's lost on the way . Right before the chorus' last line , drums begins to come in and they are played by himself . Zayne continues the song in the same tone , not really changing anything , but singing along with the drums and the violin as it comes back in . He goes deeper into how he's in this position by describing his way of thinking in the second verse . In his vision , all the good things in life are all illusions to hurt us even more , but in everyone else's visions are the things that we need , which is why everyone has strayed away from him . In the song you can't really tell if he's saying that he wants to change this or that he's just realizing this or even just simply stating it , but by the depressive tone he puts in the chorus' lyrics , you could only tell . The song then ends in a instrumental interlude that lasts for a little under a minute . You can tell it was kind of meant to be left for some contemplation time between the music and the listener as it starts off semi-loud and ends softly , still managing to stay calm .

Maybe I'm not who I thought I was ...
Maybe I don't like who I think I've become ...
But no ... Looking inside from the out
I'm still the same person from years ago

The same person that you used to know ...
The same person that you had deep feelings for
Still the same person that never had friends , but always potential foes
And because of that , I made you the person who gave up ...
And moved on .

Honesty is the lie I refuse to believe
Love is the hate I refuse to keep ...
Bottled inside my heart like the oxygen I breathe
And that's what drove everyone away from me

Cause I'm still same person that they used to know ...
The same person they had deep feelings for
Still the same person that never had friends , but always potential foes
And because of that , I made all of them the people who gave up
And moved on ...

Edited by user 09 September 2013 05:36:00(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 5 users thanked kandii for this useful post.
genocidal king on 09/09/2013(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 09/09/2013(UTC), snap_itshannah on 09/09/2013(UTC), erich hess on 09/09/2013(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 09/09/2013(UTC)
Offline genocidal king  
#3 Posted : 09 September 2013 05:32:02(UTC)
genocidal king

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
Katie Coyle: Pianos and violins....I'm in love! Damn engagement ring.....I'm just kidding lol! But yeah, I love this. I love when people bring different instruments into their music. This is really lovely.

OOC: Nice work and great lyrics.
UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users thanked genocidal king for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 09/09/2013(UTC), kandii on 09/09/2013(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#4 Posted : 09 September 2013 05:38:00(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
Ansley: Can we just get married like right now? Sorry Katie, you're already taken :P Jk but yes, ditto on what she said. This is absolutely breath taking!

OOC: Also ditto what he said :P
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
kandii on 09/09/2013(UTC)
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#5 Posted : 09 September 2013 05:43:01(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 3959 time(s) in 1352 post(s)
Amy-Jayne: this is amazing Zayne, great work hun ;)

OOC - great work, love the lyrics they are great :)
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked AmyJayneXoX for this useful post.
Offline erich hess  
#6 Posted : 09 September 2013 08:02:51(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Was thanked: 17932 time(s) in 10423 post(s)
ooc:snazzy work,as always.

erich: i think it will be 365 days of zane. this cat is going to be one to watch...even if he does have hair like my cousin from 1995

karoliena:i think that says a lot about your cousin. was she kinda butch?

erich:yes....very.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
Offline kandii  
#7 Posted : 10 September 2013 04:47:27(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: genocidal king Go to Quoted Post
Katie Coyle: Pianos and violins....I'm in love! Damn engagement ring.....I'm just kidding lol! But yeah, I love this. I love when people bring different instruments into their music. This is really lovely.

OOC: Nice work and great lyrics.

Originally Posted by: RoseJapanFan Go to Quoted Post
Ansley: Can we just get married like right now? Sorry Katie, you're already taken :P Jk but yes, ditto on what she said. This is absolutely breath taking!

OOC: Also ditto what he said :P

Zayne : You guys ! This is supposed to be about me in solitude lool ! Thank you so much Katie and Ansley . I love the response I'm getting already .

OOC : Thank you guys lol .

Originally Posted by: AmyJayneXoX Go to Quoted Post
Amy-Jayne: this is amazing Zayne, great work hun ;)

OOC - great work, love the lyrics they are great :)

Zayne : Thanks Amy !

OOC : Thank you :)

Originally Posted by: erich hess Go to Quoted Post
ooc:snazzy work,as always.

erich: i think it will be 365 days of zane. this cat is going to be one to watch...even if he does have hair like my cousin from 1995

karoliena:i think that says a lot about your cousin. was she kinda butch?

erich:yes....very.

OOC : Thanks !

Zayne : I don't know what you guys are talking about . My hair is fucking amazing v.v Thank you , Erich lol .