logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Andre Gandra  
#1 Posted : 11 December 2013 23:02:02(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 3513 time(s) in 1683 post(s)
The Energy

Studio album by mISTER_b
Recorded: January 2012 – November 2013
Release Date: December 22nd (USA, EUROPE, OCEANIA)
December 28th (ASIA, UK)
Label: Studio60
Producers: mISTER_b , Lilly Stuart, ElectroLightz, The Vibrant
Writers: mISTER_b , Lilly Stuart, ElectroLightz, The Vibrant
Executive Producer:mISTER_b

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Track Listenning

1. Recovery (Feat. Isabel Merjos)
2. Involuntary Memories (Feat. Gemma Urie)
3. Offer my Pain (Feat. Dominic Brown)
4. The Reason Why (Feat. Kourtney)
5. Anything but Me (Feat. Magie Lena)
6. Atlas (Feat. Cinzia Ricci)
7. The Energy (Feat. Billy Khan)
8. Riot (Feat. Sonyae)
9. What’s Next? (Feat. Vara Gallo)
10. Sunglasses (Feat. Serenity Scott)
11. Rising Tide (Feat. Kato)
12. Whatever the Time (Feat. Amy Jayne)

Edited by user 20 December 2013 05:28:47(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

I was gone for a while, but I'm back (not that you care about LOL)
thanks 7 users thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
Famouss7x7 on 11/12/2013(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 11/12/2013(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 12/12/2013(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 12/12/2013(UTC), Hellspawn on 14/12/2013(UTC), BrownSugar on 14/12/2013(UTC), Osprey037[Reported Failure] on 16/12/2013(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#2 Posted : 11 December 2013 23:26:38(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

"Thank you"

First let me thank God, for giving me an open mind and an open heart too! That way I could survive over this life's struggles. Thank also my parents, although I never met them, they're with me as an energy I felt all my life and it’ll never vanish. Thanks to my Grandmother, for being basically everything I call as my home, said to know she's not with me anymore, but happy to know she made the person I am today.
This project is basically my life for the past two years, time I took to gather all my beliefs and inspirations to create this album and it is finally here, it is finally on its full form and I got a lot of help through the way.
Lilly Stuart, Magie Lena, I'll never thank you enough for that night you girls met me in that club! My life changed that night. Thank you, Thomas for giving my very first opportunity of being a DJ.
Thanks to ElectroDeath Team, ElectroLightz, Carlos, David and Michele, you guys are nuts, but in an incredible happy way, let's hang out together to search for more "outta this world' music. Thanks, The Vibrant, you're such a powerful songwriter and an incredibly professional producer, I 'm sure there's a long road ahead of you.
To my manager Marcos Stuart, although you always say that you don't know a thing about making music, you do know about making an artist to rise in this business, also thanks for making me sign with a big label.
To people at Studio60 who believed in my potential by signing me when no one really seemed to care about my music.
Thanks to all the collaborators who borrowed their images and voices to this project, I'll never be able to form such a group of people like I did in this album, you were all unbelievably amazing!
Finally thanks to the folks in the whole world who bought "Recovery" and made this dream come true out of the blue! I'm still getting used to receive the love you're giving me, it's surreal.
I dedicate this album to all the souls in the world who'll feel the energy.

Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

thanks 5 users thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 11/12/2013(UTC), BrownSugar on 12/12/2013(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 12/12/2013(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 12/12/2013(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 12/12/2013(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#3 Posted : 12 December 2013 02:05:46(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

UserPostedImage

Genre: Electronic Dance
Length: 4:32
Writer (s): mISTER_b, Lilly Stuart, Electrolightz
Producer: mISTER_b
Voice: Isabel Merjos

Production and Songwriting

The opening track of the record is the hit single “Recovery”, it opens up the album with a very positive vibe presented on its Lyrics and melodies. The track was produced by mISTER_b, it was composed over a piano riff which is better heard in the introduction melody of the song. It later grows to a more house oriented beat but it’s not as hardcore as a house track is, so it fits more on a electronic dance vibe than a hardcore club house vibe.
The songs had two strophes, two pre-chorus and three chorus, in its two strophes the melodies are slower than what is presented on its choruses, it is formed of piano and synthesizers, the pre-chorus has a crescendo melody which gets faster as the chorus is about to be performed, this segment is composed of the same elements as the strophes but with some other additions of bass and some house beats.
The choruses are performed as the full form of the song, they also receive an extra drum sequence and make it sounds faster than any other part of the song. After the choruses there is a breakdown moment where the song comes in full shape with loud house beats and fast drum and bass sequences. It all sounds very uprising and soft in a way although it is heavy electronic oriented.
As the track goes reaching its end, there is addition of several other elements not always from electronic genre but also from other genres, such as a choir and violins, these elements brings the track’s climax where before the final chorus is performed, all melodies are sort of slowed down to just Isabel’s vocals and right after it, the track goes back to its full form melody presented on its breakdown moments, finishing it with the very first piano riffs used before as an introduction to the track itself.
Isabel’s vocals range is long and high, she delivers a more emotional driven performance, required by the empowering lyrics of the track. The strophes of the track are performed in low pitch, but the choruses are high and loud and that’s where Isabel shows her strength through her own voice. It defers from her previous work, probably because of the house elements the song bears and so the vocals are a little more elaborated than vocals performed on general pop songs.
The song was written by mISTER_b, Lilly Stuart, Electrolightz and its lyrics content are about encouraging people to get better from life struggles, by saying that hope and love can remember us of recovering from hard sufferings and depression, mISTER_b knows what he is talking about, he suffered quite a bit on his life, he lost almost every family member he ever had in his life, he even was married sometime ago and it tragically ended up due to drug abuse from the side of his former wife, so he is in his right to write such an empowering lyric. He received some help on the writing credits for Lilly Stuart and Electrolightz but their part were more involved with the composure of the melodies and notes of the song. The actual lyrics of it were most part written by mISTER_b alone.

Working with Isabel Merjos

Initial conversation of working with Isabel Merjos, started out when Isabel was making her last studio album and mISTER_b was starting out his career as a producer; he was then invited to the executive producers of Isabel’s management team to work on a song for her record at that time. He wrote a song but it ended up being recorded by another singer, he ended up producing a song on the record for Isabel and after it the talks of working together again remained for such a period of time till Isabel went too busy and mISTER_b decided to wait the right time to work on a song with her again.
It was in the mid of this year that production of mISTER_b debut album started out strongly, so the first name choose to be feature on the project was Isabel Merjos. The time was perfect, Isabel was pursuing her acting career, she had no intentions to release any music this year so it would be a cool experience for both of the artists to collaborate and give Isabel fans a treat for a lack of year without any music releases from her.
The recording process took over three days, mISTER_b had to travel to L.A. to meet Isabel so both of them could work on the song and made it sound as great as it did in the final cut. Isabel not only recorded the song alone, she also had to record the song with the Millennium Choir who borrowed their voices used in the final climax moment of the track.
mISTER_b is about compliments for Isabel, he said that she’s one of the sweetest girls to work with and that despite she’s such a huge singer in the business with probably one of the most loyal fan bases of the industry, she‘s still down to earth and complacent with the producers ideas which in a world full of egos it’s hard to contain some people’s complaints.

Quote:
“This is a unique track, there’s nothing like this one in the rest of the album and that’s why I think it is so special and it had to be the first single. I think it did succeed due to its theme which is so approachable to everyone in the whole world, it has this sense of us letting our emotions heal our hearts. I really believe that the best way to recovery is just letting your heart feel the sadness and then expunge it from you in order to feel better. Obviously I had the beautiful Isabel on the track too, it helped QUITE A LOT on the charts I admit, but I got tell you something I didn’t told before about this collaboration, when I was announcing the collaboration with Izzy and sitting the dates for the single to premiere and the video and everything, her fans were treating me to release the song as fast as I could. Her fans are so passionate about her, it’s unbelievable how hard they are to please and I really feel special right now after the success the song did, it feels like I passed on the test.”

Gray sky is above us and
It pours all past hurts
Wait ‘till the healing begin
And your wounds will stop to hurt
Let forgiveness wash your soul
‘Cause there’s so much life to loose
While your expectations are low
Life will pass in front of you

While breath is in your lungs
Your voice can still be heard
As your heart’s about to burst
Let go off resentments
Let the pain remember your heart can still be cured
Let Love, show you don’t need to take any pill

Let the hope, light the way for your full recovery
Let Love be for your heart the only remedy

Walking on thin ice, climbing
Slowly One step at a time
Aiming for the top, be sure
Victory is a matter of time
For all the joy to come
It’s worth to start a fight
Life’s not always a bed of roses
But persistence brings the good vibes

While breath is in your lungs
Your voice can still be heard
As your heart’s about to burst
Let go off resentments

Your full recovery
I’m your remedy
Your full recovery
I’m your remedy

Edited by user 12 December 2013 02:07:38(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

thanks 6 users thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
Famouss7x7 on 12/12/2013(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 12/12/2013(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 12/12/2013(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 12/12/2013(UTC), BrownSugar on 14/12/2013(UTC), DistortedAudio on 20/12/2013(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#4 Posted : 12 December 2013 03:02:01(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

UserPostedImage

Genre: Electro House, Techno House
Length: 5:15
Writer (s): Lilly Stuart, mISTER_b
Producer: mISTER_b, Electrolightz
Voice: Gemma Urie

First melodies of the track consists of a clock ticking followed by a lullaby piano riff and this combination goes till a drum sequence is added to the song, when Gemma Urie starts to sing the first lines of the track. This initial drum sequence sounds like an army march. This simple and mid-tempo structure goes till the first chorus of the track and its remained verse, that’s when Gemma stops her singing and the clock ticking become evident again seconds before the full form house oriented beats drop into the song and make it sound fast and ready for a dance floor.
This full form house oriented melodies are the fasted they can, they’re composed of synthesizers, bass, drums and electro house riffs. Some moments after the drop of the fast house sequence Gemma comes back to sing the chorus again, the track has not a single chorus, every time Gemma appears to sing the chorus of that track, the lines are changed and right after the chorus comes a short verse, some sort of accompany phrases to add a bigger meaning to the short actual chorus.
After the first chorus, the structure of the song, once mid-tempo turns into an up-tempo hardcore house track and so the influence of Techno House comes for the first time in the record, once the three times repetition of its melodies and the choruses of the song turn it into a more euro club oriented vibe, heavily influenced by Techno music.
Although the track turned from a mid-tempo to a fast-tempo song, it goes back to a mid-tempo switch as it reaches its final climax. All the melodies are completely changed from the first mid-tempo introduction and also the fast-tempo techno breakdown moment, here the track is composed of synthesizers and piano, it does keeps its crescendo method, where different melodies are added to it, making it sound bigger and faster every second.
The song reaches its climax when Gemma comes back to sing the two final verses of it. The melodies are in full shape, but nothing compared to what it was before in this track, that’s what makes this track so special and different, it has not a single tempo, nor a repetitive sound neither one singing style, Gemma finishes the last strophes of this track on falsetto, a contrast to the strong vocal performance she gave when she was singing the pervious strophes and choruses of the track.
Lyrically it was mainly written by Lilly Stuart, but it received some lines from mISTER_b and it is clearly perceived once the track was written from a girl’s perspective. Basically it’s talking about loving someone but not having this person by your side and so the time passes by and the feeling is still strong due to memories remained into your mind. On the switch moment of the track it is clearly the wish to get free from all those feelings and those memories, after feeling broken for some time, you just want to let go all the negativity that relationship brought to yourself.

Working with Gemma Urie

The idea of inviting Gemma Urie came from Lilly Stuart, one of the members of ElectroDeath production Team (the same team who used to produce ElectroDeath and now produces other acts). She thought it would be a perfect idea to match the softness and sweetness the track has. It is not a ballad but it does have a sort of ballad feeling on it which perfect matched to Gemma’s kind and unusual tone.
mISTER_b and Gemma recorded a song in two days, Gemma also did some other extra vocals on other songs of the album as backing vocals, it was a courtesy she decided to attend when mISTER_b asked her to do, due to her incredible unique vocals.

Quote:
“I like this track so much, it is so heartbreaking for me to hear it. First we have this huge breakdown right in the middle of it, which is insane and extremely loud and hardcore and no one can really expect it due to its slowdown beginning and then we have this switch sound on its end, which makes thing even more unusual. I also enjoyed Gemma’s unique voice tone, you’ll be able to recognize her in every song she’ll sing, it is so beautiful and special, it’s an iconic vocal range. And finally we have the lyrics, which are so passionate and desperate, it’s so different from the self-confidence showed on “Recovery”, it is vulnerable and fragile, it exposes you somehow, I also like the very final two phrases, they’re very meaningful for me.”

If I break this castle of glass
I’m afraid there won’t be any less
Than just remnants of a soul with cracks

Still feel the warm of your skin
Just like as if you were still here
Still can taste your lips in my mouth
Your shadow is all around

Cannot take you out of my mind
Even though you’ll never be mine

I miss sleeping in your chest
How can I ever forget?
Forget what we once had…

I must take you out of my mind
This time there won’t be another time

I saw the look in your eyes
The same way of telling lies
But I know the truth inside…

Guess you were never my, mine
But it was left me to tell you goodbye

All memories, I can’t fight
Tears rolling my eyes
But our time just passed by…

Blow, the wind will take me home
Between cracks of a broken soul
I hope that you may go
Like the hands of a clock wall

I let go your energy
To set free my sprit
I’m shredding my heart
Of involuntary memories

Edited by user 12 December 2013 03:05:10(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

AmyJayneXoX on 12/12/2013(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 12/12/2013(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 12/12/2013(UTC), snap_itshannah on 12/12/2013(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 12/12/2013(UTC), BrownSugar on 14/12/2013(UTC), DistortedAudio on 20/12/2013(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#5 Posted : 13 December 2013 03:38:11(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

UserPostedImage

Genre: Electro House
Length: 3:59
Writer (s): mISTER_b, ElectroLightz
Producer: mISTER_b, Electrolightz, The Vibrant
Voice: Dominic Brown

The third track of the album it’s the most intimate and dark song of it. It starts with a depressive piano note and this note accompany the first verse of the track sung emotionally by Dominic and his high notes. The song has a similar structure presented on the track who came before it, but there’s some differences, while the track before was more elaborated sonically, this track is minimalistic, it does not mix so many sound textures as the track before does. So we have a piano melody in its begging, an increasing synth beat on its chorus and a hardcore techno beat on its breakdown.
There are backing vocals added on the chorus of the song and Dominic delivers and emotional powerful performance on it. He rises his voice and reach high notes and his voice is louder than the beats accompanying it, there’s no drum or bass line in this sequence increasing the depressive feeling the song transmits to its listeners.
The Breakdown is a crazy fast minimal techno beat with some house influences, specially noticed on its drum sequence. In a second the song changes its tempo and turns into a really fast deafening techno minimal melody, half minute after it comes back to its slow down piano ballad and that cycle starts again.
The second verse remains equal to the first one, but in the chorus of the song there’s an addition to a drum sequence, it is still slow but it does improves and changes a little bit the whole aspect of the song. The breakdown is louder than the first one, some beats were raised to high pitch, but it is still the same idea as the first breakdown was.
Lyrically, it’s the darkest one of the whole album. It talks about being stuck in a relationship that doesn’t evolve and finding out that the other person you’re in love with is not what you expected to be, so you can understand this part as you may want to. In order to express the depression sung in the song, Dominic Brown evokes so much passion and sadness on his vocal performance and he does an awesome job.

Working with Dominic

The idea of working with Dominic, is another old story. mISTER_b is still hired to produce music with Dominic for his upcoming album, but while that doesn’t happen, it was a natural choice from mISTER_b’s management team to invite Dominic to sing one of the song of this project.
Initially mISTER_b was to given a different song for Dominic to sing, in respect of Dominic personality and ideals, but when Dominic arrived at the studio, mISTER_b was initially working on this song, and Dominic stayed the whole section where mISTER_b was writing and producing the sound of this track. Instead of listening the song mISTER_b initially did for Dominic, he decided to sing the same song mISTER_b was producing that day.
Overall the song took almost two weeks to be done, and Domic did around five sections to record his vocals and also all the additional backing vocal presented on the song.

Quote:
“This one is just very personal to me and I must say I never thought Domini shared the same feelings I had when I wrote this track. It comes from a very private moment of my life and the person this song is about, know of what I’m talking about on it. Crazy things is that everyone can relate to this kind of music and sometimes we need to express our darkest thoughts and feelings and there’s no other better way than writing or singing a song like this one. Dominic recorded all the vocals for it, he was very interested about this track, by the moment he listened to it, I was very impressed, because initially I had a completely different plan for Dominic’s collaboration in this project. It’s one of those things that happened naturally, I can think about some destiny’s issues, sometimes we plan something and it didn’t work as we wanted to, but then what really happens ends up being the right thing, you know, it happen with this track, it’s an incredibly happy accident.”

I saw birds
Kissing dead flowers
I saw dirt
Build up after so many hours

Nothing significant has changed
We kept the same fake plans
But I was immerse in your conflicts
And I had already lost it

Lying beside you
I thought it was for truth
No one taught me to loose
But I’m learning to
Give me back my words
Things you shouldn’t have heard
Let me pour with the rain
Let me offer my pain

I saw the dark
Take over the sunny days
I saw the war
Kill me in many ways

You held my heart in your hands
I only had a memory to restrain
And I still offered my love for you
I was drowning into you

Lying beside you
I thought it was for truth
No one taught me to loose
But I’m learning to
Give me back my words
Things you shouldn’t have heard
Let me pour with the rain
Let me offer my pain

Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

thanks 5 users thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
Princess_Valentine on 13/12/2013(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 13/12/2013(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 14/12/2013(UTC), BrownSugar on 14/12/2013(UTC), DistortedAudio on 20/12/2013(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#6 Posted : 14 December 2013 02:30:53(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

UserPostedImage

Genre: Synth pop, Electro House, Dubstep
Length: 3:38
Writer (s): mISTER_b, ElectroLightz, Lilly Stuart
Producer (s): mISTER_b, Electrolightz, Lilly Stuart
Voice: Kourtney

A synth pop riff introduces this track with Kourtney coming singing along with it the first verses of the track. Kourtney has a pure clean vocal performance in this first verse which serves to give the certain harmony the song requires in contrast to its synth beat. Later on there’s addition of some house beats increased by Kourtney’s high notes vocals, as she sings the song’s pre-chorus verse. When it finally drops it full form EDM sound, it’s clearly perceived the influence of dubstep beats on it.
At the chorus of the song, Kourtney does not sound as clean as she sounded in the first verse of it, she’s accompanied by heavy bass, whistles and house beats, loud and up-tempo. The high level of emotion showed before in the track, sort of disappeared to give space to a more club oriented lack of emotion melody.
But then the song slows down a little and its heavy bass and whistle are switched to a more progressive house sound, where Kourtney sounds clean again, but still harder than the first verse of the song. But quickly after this switch, the drums come together with the bass and drop that breakdown again, but Kourtney remain singing over it.
Further into the track, it goes back finally to its first synth base melody, where only Kourtney and that repetitive synth beat are played, and all that emotional vocals heard in the beginning of the track are back in full form. The differences between this part of the song and the first part, is a piano riff added to the synth beat, giving it a little more harmony than just Kourtney’s vocal performance.
The track gets closer to another chorus and all the drums and bass and house beats come together to drop the breakdown moment of the track, now for the second time. The drums are not so dubstep oriented as they were before, they’re more influenced by the house beats, and so the breakdown is soft than before. Kourtney kept singing the songs verses all over the breakdown and through it mISTER_b did some incredible mix to the base melody of the track, making it sounds up-tempo and futuristic in its final seconds.
Kourtney determines the harmony of this track with her thin and clean vocals, she sounds louder than the song’s beats making the song more of a vocal performance than the sound itself.
The main theme of the track is about lies and basically a person is asking its love interest or whatever other relationship that demands loyalty from one to another, the reason why of all those lies and fake stories which probably this person is feeling while trying to understand the acts of its beloved one. When you live with someone you think you know, but in the end you really don’t know who this person is, that’s the main theme of the track. It was written by mISTER_b, Electrolightz and Lilly Stuart and they also produced the track together.

Working with Kourtney

Kourtney was one of the first acts to be invited to join the project, the same time mISTER_b was in talks with Isabel to do collaboration on his album. mISTER_b thought about a song that would praise Kourtney’s vocal range, once that he thinks she has a beautiful voice that must not be covered by too many production on the melody of the song.
Despite the track ended up being highly produced in that aspect, he kept Kourtney’s vocals louder than his beats. It took one day to record this track and three days to approach Kourtney to travel to New York. She spent one week in New York to record the track to watch over the production over it, till it was completely done and mastered.
Additional backing vocals of the track were performed by Gemma Urie, mISTER_b found out that both vocals matched perfectly together and so there was no need for Kourtney to record any backing vocal to the track.

Quote:
“I love when a singer has that distinct tone to his or her voice and Kourtney has one of those young adult tones to her voice even though she’s a little older to have a voice like that and this makes her so unique and versatile to work with. She did a wonderful job with this track and I wanted to this song be more of the vocal and the sounds, despite I think I failed in this task, because while we were working together, Kourtney told me that I was one of her favorites DJs because I use to do crazy things with electronic beats, so I kind of didn’t want to disappoint her and so I did crazy stuff by mixing dubstep, house and synth pop. The lyrics are more straight forward than the firs tracks of the record, we’re not making analogies and sounding poetic or anything like that, we’re really being honest and frank and I like the bravery of really saying the truth to people you love, even those words are not what they want to hear, you know, I’m a very honest person and I do expect people to be honest with me too. That’s what this song is about.”

Truth never hurt more than lies
Please can you be sincere this time
I have believed in this whole life
Come and tell me why
You took me in a crazy way
But I won’t survive one more day
I believed in you all this time
I deserve the reason why

Will you say the truth for me?
I am tired to believe, take me back to reality
Will you show yourself for me?
Will you drop your mask for me?
I can’t stand anymore lies
So please tell me the reason why

Stop pretending there’s no more time

I had put my trust in you
I never doubted your candour
So I’ll take a while to understand
Don’t ask me to comprehend

No, I’m not playing the victim
But you’re acting as a stealer
When everything makes sense
You have stolen my innocence

Will you show yourself for me?
Will you drop your mask for me?

Stop pretending there’s no more time

Tell me who you really are
Show me your truly heart
‘Cause I can’t stand anymore
I bear it for too long, so tell me who you really are

Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

thanks 6 users thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 14/12/2013(UTC), BrownSugar on 14/12/2013(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 14/12/2013(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 14/12/2013(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 16/12/2013(UTC), DistortedAudio on 20/12/2013(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#7 Posted : 16 December 2013 10:17:33(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

UserPostedImage

Genre: Tech House, Synth Pop
Length: 5:12
Writer (s): mISTER_b, Lilly Stuart
Producer (s): mISTER_b, The Vibrant, Electrolightz
Voice: Magie Lena

Fifth track of the album and we have a very known partnership, mISTER_b invited his fairy Godmother to sing a song on his so long expected debut album. Well, the point here is that Magie did sung, but a few lines, this track if more of a club oriented track, it has five minutes of pure tech house beats with a few progressive house elements and believe me this influence is only perceived at the end of the track.
The track already starts with a tech house drum sequence and this sequence is basically the base sound of the whole track, it sets the tempo and the compass of the track, it is fast and repetitive. Almost one minute inside the track, finally some house beats are added to the main structure of the song, they also took the place the drums were before, so there is only the house beats and no drums. Seconds after that mellow sound, the drums are back with additional elements of tech house. Then the track has its first switch moment, where all the melodies and elements presented till that moment, come together in form of a breakdown and so it goes for another almost one minute.
Finally after two minutes and a half, Magie appears singing the chorus of the track with her thin and acute voice, additional effects to her voice includes echoes and backing vocals, she sounds a little breathy and low, melodies accompanying her consists of initially a slowdown synth beat which increases to a switch moment as introduction to another breakdown moment of the track, where all the beats come together and again the song goes back to its full speed form. But also Magie sings another verse of the track over the fast techno house beats till she sings sort of a pre-chorus for what seems to be the final chorus of the track.
So on its final seconds the track stops for a synth beat oriented slow down moment, this part of the track sets the end of it, but it didn’t end all of a sudden, the synth beat is switched to a drum house beat presented in the introduction part of the track and this sound goes until it ends subtly.
The track was produced by mISTER_b, The Vibrant, Electrolightz, and written by mISTER_b, Lilly Stuart. Overall it does not serve as a pop track but as a track ready to be mixed by DJs all around the world for clubs and parties, it definitely has a potential to become a hit among clubbers. Themes of the lyric are about being truth to its own vows and beliefs and never forget from where you came from!

Working with Magie Lena

mISTER_b works with Magie Lena for almost three years now, he started out producing music for her while she was still a ElectroDeath member, and by the way their last album released was almost entirely produced by him. Reports that mISTER_b was working with Magie again in the begging of this year, were confirmed when Magie released her very first single as a soloist, but it failed to reach the expectation build up around that release, so Magie decided to cancel all other released she had planned to.
But mISTER_b is still a name who’s expected to work with Magie in a near future, while that doesn’t happen, Magie agreed to sing a song for mISTER_b’s album and no other better themed song than the one mISTER_b wrote specially for her.
This track was one of the first, or actually the third song, more specifically, to be recorded for the project, it took overall two weeks to be recorded, produced and mastered, Magie did three recording vocal sessions, mISTER_b traveled to Brazil where Magie lives with her mom, and they recorded the track on Magie’s private studio.

Quote:
“Magie is my fairy Godmother, whatever piece of music I release I must have her collaborating with me, Lilly is my second fairy Godmother and she is also one of the best writers I had the privilege to work with, Ahh and she’s my boss too LOL. Anyway I like this song a lot and I wrote it from what I heard from Magie in this year, it’s not easy for an artist like her to actual comeback to the scene and I remember we had this pop album almost finished and she was already in the initial stages of promoting it, when she decided to cancel everything.
In respect to her decisions and as an explanation for action, I did this track. I really love her vocals on it, they sound really good and very emotional, I also like the effects over her voice, it’s hard to mix a voice with additional effect that actually works in a way to praise the singer’s voice and I think that it worked just that way with Magie.”

You can blame me for
The person I am
But you can’t judge me for
How I should behave
You know I can’t be
Anything but me
Ohh You know I can’t be
Anything but me

I grew up in a small town
Trying to build a life
With my ancestors’ vows
Being truth to the inner person
I never gave up
On overcoming troubles

So can you accept me?
Just as the way I’m used to be

Where all my roots belong
I’ll know there is
A place where I call home
Keeping my feet on the ground
I’ll never break
With my own vows

You can blame me for
The person I am
But you can’t judge me for
How I should behave
You know I can’t be
Anything but me
You know I can’t be
Anything but me
No I’ll never become
Someone I’m not
Ohh, no I’ll never become
Someone you want

Ohh You know I’ll never be
Anything but me

Edited by user 16 December 2013 10:20:12(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

thanks 8 users thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
Famouss7x7 on 16/12/2013(UTC), BrownSugar on 16/12/2013(UTC), Walton on 16/12/2013(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 16/12/2013(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 16/12/2013(UTC), snap_itshannah on 16/12/2013(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 18/12/2013(UTC), DistortedAudio on 20/12/2013(UTC)
Offline Osprey037[Reported Failure]  
#8 Posted : 16 December 2013 14:03:18(UTC)
Osprey037[Reported Failure]

Was thanked: 1780 time(s) in 805 post(s)
OOC: There's always been something about your albums that makes me really enjoy them. I appreciate the straightforwardness of the lyrics and descriptions. Well done as always.
UserPostedImage
I might give Satan a swirly
thanks 1 user thanked Osprey037[Reported Failure] for this useful post.
Andre Gandra on 17/12/2013(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#9 Posted : 18 December 2013 11:28:24(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

UserPostedImage

Genre: Electro House, Progressive House, Complextro
Length: 4:03
Writer (s): mISTER_b, The Vibrant
Producer (s): mISTER_b, The Vibrant
Voice: Cinzia Ricci

Keyboards, synthesizers and an electro house beat start this track with Cinzia Ricci singing instantly as the first beat of the track is played. Right after a few lines sung by Cinzia we already perceive the Complextro influence on the song’s melodies and tempo. Complextro is typified by glitch, intricate bass-lines and textures created by sharply cutting between instruments in quick succession, a variation of Electro House music something between house beats and dubstep. That’s exactly what we hear of this song in its first verse, there’s a loud heavy drum sequence mixed with a variety of bass glitches and synthesizers over Cinzia Ricci’s voice.
The chorus of the song follows the complextro structure on its first part but later it is influenced by an up-tempo progressive house beat, lighter than the whole context of the song, but still loud as its start. After the chorus an usual breakdown, but not a typical one, as seen before in the record so far. It is more evident the influence of complextro house beats, it almost feels as a dubstep song, but it’s not so hardcore as a regular dubstep song is.
mISTER_b plays and enjoys playing with complextro, he uses different pitches and bass beats, he also composed a driven drum sequence where he intercalates with some glitches over the bass and the progressive house beat. While Cinzia sings the song, the melodies accompany her intonation, she sort of works as an introduction to the heavy loud breakdown moments the song has.
The last verse of the track resumes to be exactly as the first verse of it, beats are slowed down, synths are louder and Cinzia’s sings it clear and high, then it goes to its complextro form, presented in the first segment of the track, so finally the final chorus comes and ends the track, but while it is performed the progressive house beats and the complextro played happily by mISTER_b are mixed together, giving a finish touch to the song, who subtly ends with Cinzia singing the final words of the chorus just like she started out the track.
Vocally, Cinzia is a pro for EDM tunes, she know how to control her voice over heavy beats and even manages to add some personality to what seems to be a more robotic singing style. Lyrically, the track is about freedom and that is about a person who finally discovered its own freedom and so everything for this person seems to work pretty fine, with open eyes and feeling the universe as an acceptance territory this person wants to reach heaven as a metaphor for happiness. Most of people might link this track as a cult to rave parties.
The track was originally written by The Vibrant, but later was remixed by mISTER_b who also re-wrote the whole track under The Vibrant supervision.

Working with Cinzia Ricci

Cinzia Ricci established herself as an EDM singer two years ago and since then she has been reference to electronic music in the world, for times being referred as the queen of EDM. She’s a longtime friend of mISTER_b, ever since she started to work with ElectroDetah on music she met mISTER_b and the wish for both of them to work together immediately was born.
Cinzia traveled to NY, to record the track with mISTER_b, they spent four days together working on her vocals and once the track was done mISTER_b sent the track for her via e-mail. Reports the connection between them was so good, that both agreed to meet up again to work on future music.

Quote:
“This track emanates such a freedom energy, that’s what people sick on rave parties, and despite all the drugs and everything which by the way I’m not supported, I do believe that this type of music can make people feel this freedom! I do feel free when I play these kind of music they have such an influence on my life in a level that I just don’t see myself playing anything else but insane EDM beats. This song I did with Cinzia, is about this passion, the same passion she shares with me, EDM music is being her life since she was a struggling artist, I met her when she was launching her career, I saw she become a star, and that’s so cool to have someone we can connect as an artist. We had a blast together recording this track, she has a perfect voice to work on this type of music, I also used some complextro influence in this track which I’m very proud and kind of cheeky to have actually used it, it’s not my field, but it went pretty well in the final product.”

Suddenly the sky is out of clouds
My eyes are no longer locked out
I can see a new path in front of me

So, the universe becomes my home
In everywhere I go it welcomes my soul
Taking me on a ride till my mind is in peace

So ride as fast as you can
Run to a place like heaven
I just wanna get away

If believe is being a fool
Then I’m just a holy fool
Come and take me away

Never let the darkness embrace me
As the light is over, I’ll be away from here
I’ll find heaven and the stars are my atlas

Energy in me
Energy in me
Energy in me
Energy in me

Energy won’t fade, I’ll cross the seven seas
Air in my lungs, I'll swim in the deep
I’ll find surface and the stars are my atlas

So ride as fast as you can
Run to a place like heaven
I just wanna get away

If believe is being a fool
Then I’m just a holy fool
Come and take me away

Edited by user 18 December 2013 11:31:19(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

RoseJapanFan on 18/12/2013(UTC), Walton on 18/12/2013(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 18/12/2013(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 18/12/2013(UTC), Osprey037[Reported Failure] on 18/12/2013(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 18/12/2013(UTC), DistortedAudio on 20/12/2013(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#10 Posted : 18 December 2013 21:17:32(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

UserPostedImage

Recorded: 2012
Genre: Tech House, EDM
Length: 6:20
Writer (s): mISTER_b, Electrolightz, Lilly Stuart
Producer: mISTER_b, The Vribrant
Voice: Billy Khan

There’s a long intro in the song which starts off with a single house drum beat that goes increasing by other elements as the song rolls. The tempo is fast and the beat is strong, it is non-stop till finally Billy starts to sing the first verse of the song. The melodies are slowed down to magnify Billy’s vocals, and he sounds melodic and mysterious, singing the song’s lines, when he reaches the pre-chorus the tempo of the song changes and so it’s beats are fasten up a little mixed with other house elements such as whistles and tremblers.
The Chorus receives a drum treat but it is still slower than the break beat after it, where mISTER_b abuses of whistles and synthesizers and he raises the volume of the song to make it harder and faster and almost deafening, it is something ready for European clubs, heavily influenced by the EDM 90’s music scene. Other elements used in this break down are made of electronic beats prominent of the tech house music.
When Billy Khan is about to start the second verse of the song all the beat slows down to a mid-tempo low key performed by keyboards, till he starts to sing again and the song takes it full form from when it started out, but there’s a couple of differences from its first two minutes and a half, now mISTER_b is playing it harder and not so slow down as the first verse was, Billy still keeps his melodic tone but with much more excitement to accompany the song’s beats. The second chorus is much thicker than the first and so the breakdown beat come destroying your ears with extreme hardcore house beats in full form of what was presented in the song up until now, there are a lot more techno influences in this second breakdown than the first, because of the repetitive sounds over the main structure of the song.
Reaching the end of the track, the beats go back to its introduction form, where only drums and trembler are played with some addition of bass, it goes for almost another minute till it culminates again into a tech house intro due to addition of synthesizers and keyboards, but it is quickly finished with echoes effects. Overall observation over Billy’s voice is that he doesn’t sound pop as he is used to sound on his former band, he might sound intuitive and robotic in this track, but in a good way once he has to deliver a more mysterious intonation to his vocal performance.
The song was composed by mISTER_b, Germnay producer trio Electrolightz and Lilly Stuart though it was produced by newcomer Irish producer The Vibrant and of course mISTER_b himself. Lyrically it talks about the experience of writing a song and also producing it, lines that describes it are “When is all quiet I start painting the scene” and “Into walls of my imagination coming out to this song happen”. It also refers to a state of mind of someone creating a smash hit which is driven by the person’s dream of reaching his audience soul with its song, it’s a term of endearment usually used by DJs as a goal for one night concert, where they plan to reach everyone’s souls with its beat.

Working with Billy Khan

Billy Khan from Weekend was invited by mISTER_b to record vocals for a song on his upcoming project, initially this track was supposed to be an instrumental EDM song, but the idea of writing lyrics over the already done melodies appeared to be a perfect opportunity for mISTER_b and his production crew to release this track as a mainstream single.
So instantly they decided to invite on of the Weekend's members to record the track and as the sound of its hardcore tech house beats, Billy Khan seem to be the perfect choice to sing it, once he has a strong personality, something the song demands in term of its commands sort of lyrics.
They took one day to record the track and another day to finish it and mastering it. When it was done the whole team of managers and producers who worked with mISTER_b, agreed in releasing this track as a single and not only that was decided but also the idea of naming the album with the title of this track.

Quote:
"I wanted to create a tech house track and actually I did create a couple of tech house tracks, it’s something as a producer, we’re not allowed to make with other artists, especially in the mainstream, because you have to make the song sound a little commercial and I understand that, is not often that people want to listen in a pop radio station a song with hardcore repetitive beats, it perhaps will make them feel crazy a little bit, but I wanted something over the edge for this record.
‘The Energy’ came to me called as ‘dream catcher’ and it was totally different from what it is now, it was a Electrolightz track and it had that ‘House Diva’ beat on it that I changed to something more industrial and tech driven. The lyrics were changed a bit too, somehow this track became what I call ‘the summarize track’ because it has almost all the aspects that this album will bring to the scene, so I wrote a more personal lyric where I’m talking about being a producer and a DJ and trying to live the dream, the so called ‘American Dream’ of a pop star, but I go further on it, I really expect to reach people’s souls with these beats.
The best part of the song for me is the chorus sung by Billy, he did a marvelous job on changing his singing style to fit the song’s meaning, I think is so cool for us as producers to encourage other singers to push the boundaries and do different stuffs from what they’re used to do. I’m a fan of Weekend, I rely am, the guys are amazing singers and they have some huge hits, but I admit Billy is my favorite one, I don’t know yet why, if it’s because of his quiff or because of his misbehavior or outspoken personality, but he was very polite and professional at the studio, we recorded this song in a single afternoon, I didn’t need him to sing more than twice, because he is skilled with his voice.
I really hope people will transcend with this music, when they hear it alone or in the club I want them to make a trip with me to outer space, travel beyond their own imagination, that’s what I plan with this album, I want to be recognized as the dreamer who makes people forget about the world around them and focus on the world beyond them. Will I ever achieve that, I really don’t know, maybe you’ll tell me."

Dream catcher
Filtering my nightmares
All night wide awake
Waiting for thoughts cease
When is all quiet I start painting the scene
Letting emotions revive this dream

Vibrant
Vision of other dimensions
Later I’ll be
Dreaming with heaven
Into walls
Of my imagination
Coming out
To this song happen

You call me crazy
‘Cause you don’t understand
But I'm chasing
Making this dream happen

So keep on waiting
I’m 'bout dropping that beat
You’ll be moving
You’ll feel the energy

You’ll feel the energy
Just feel the energy
Do you feel the energy?
Do you feel the energy?
Now feel the energy

(bREAKdOWN)

Just feel the energy

Reaching to my soul
This beat is crazy
Taking me out of control
I’m surely agreeing
When people say with music you transcend
I have no doubt my spirit is on a journey

I’ve never
Felt so close to a miracle
I’ve never
Heard a melody so lyrical
Out off of the walls
Of my imagination
It came out
To this song, become

So keep on waiting
I’m 'bout dropping that beat
You’ll be moving
You’ll feel the energy

You’ll feel the energy
Just feel the energy
Do you feel the energy?
Do you feel the energy?
Now feel the energy

(bREAKdOWN)

Just feel the energy

Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

thanks 4 users thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
AmyJayneXoX on 18/12/2013(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 19/12/2013(UTC), BrownSugar on 19/12/2013(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 23/12/2013(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#11 Posted : 18 December 2013 21:50:45(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

UserPostedImage

Recorded: 2012
Genre: Dubstep, drumstep, rap rock
Length: 3:21
Writer (s): mISTER_b, Electrolightz, The Vibrant
Producer: mISTER_b, The Vibrant
Voice: Sonyae

A dubstep track produced by mISTER_b and the newbies producer duo The Vibrant brings the new hip hop sensation voice Sonye. Written by mISTER_b, The Vibrant, and longtime ElectroDeath team producers the trio Electrolightz, a team who’s being working together for almost seven years now, nowadays they’re known as the ElectroDeath Team.
Different from the house oriented vibe presented on the record until now this song bring a new approach for mISTER_b, but also reminds us the old style he was used to produce, especially when he was making ElectroDeath’s last album “Bittersweet” where he used a lot of dubstep influences like the beats presented in this track. The song’s structure is something apart too, it does not have a regular tempo, but it does have a chorus and a rap on its end. Its base beats are composed of electric guitar riffs, drums and heavy loud bass, other elements are showed throughout the three minutes mainly being industrial electronic beats. Some critics claimed that the song bears some rap-metal influences widely known from bands such as Faith No More and Slipknot.
Sonyae might sound different from anything she has released up until now. She’s used to sing hip hop songs like her single “Alive” but in this particular song she pushed boundaries of her own style sounding a lot more aggressive and less pop than she would ever sound. Lyric is an expressively critic to society and it’s censored methods on several subjects, but none specific subject is revealed, so for listeners it can be bias, poverty, politic opinions and all of the things that people don’t like to talk about on certain areas.
Some lines determine the intensions of the lyrics such as “We talk things that might hurt you, we touch in the wound we’re in a riot!” meaning that they want to spit the true tea of some “forbidden” subjects and “For those who wants to change, come join the game, we’re ‘bout to gain” can be interpreted as a recruiting to all people in the world who wants to change, it also means that the winning is just a matter of time.
Vocals of the song were performed by Sonyae who does sing the song and even raps in the song too. She sounds confident and sometimes challenging, her tone is not perfect as she would sound on others songs, but it was done purposely so the song would sound aggressive and a little industrial than pop.

Working with Sonyae

Once mISTER_b was credited initially as a dubstep producer, it was expected some track oriented to his old root genre and this track is one of them. The idea of having Sonyae featured on the track came from Lilly Stuart who manages and produces mISTER_b, she convinced mISTER_b to create a rap over the sick dubstep beats he had composed and so they invited Sonyae to provide vocals for the track as one of her alter egos personality.
The recording process took three days but song was put on hold after Sonya provided her vocals, mISTER_b thought he needed to work on the sound of it to increase the hardcore feeling Sonyae had imposed with her riot vocal performance.
So this track was one of the last tracks to be completed, Sonyae was called back again to provide additional vocals for it, once it was almost finished.

Quote:
“Most of people, especially the ones who accompany my career as a producer, will relate this song to old productions I made when I first started to work with ElectroDeath, it also comes from my underground times where I was just a struggling artist singing on small clubs of New York city.
I was always trying to be heard and so my songs would sound loud and its lyrics would sound controversy because I was trying to make people see the parts of the society that we usually deny. Some songs on this album might sound like this one, but I’m a different man from that period of my life, because I’m older and I learnt that there are other ways of trying to make the difference in this world than just shouting out loud random songs, but within me there’s still that young visionary man trying to talk about things that most of the population in the world don’t like to talk about.
When I approached Sonyae even before she had her stardom, she was crazy enough to come and sing those verses for me, she was trying to be hard too and that was the perfect opportunity for me to share with someone else the same feeling. We had a good chemistry in the studio and I remember that we recorded this song in a single hour and all imperfection and screams we did in the studio that hour, made it sound a lot rougher and crude which turns it into a makeable song.”
I hope I’ll be able to work with Sonye again. She has all of those alter-egos on her that makes any producer happy to write songs for her, because she can be a different person and still be herself".

Drop it
The fuck of what they’ll think ‘bout
Free it
Let’s make ‘em bitches cry ‘bout
Say it
Don’t let ‘em make you swallow this shout
Change it
See Imma about to turn the fuck around

Do you feel the masses pressure?
Do you feel them coming against us?
I don’t care the consequences
I just can’t stand the sameness
Time to make the revolution
Time to bring a damn solution
So do you handle the masses pressure?
Will you stand while they come against us?

We talk things that might hurt you, we touch in the wound we’re in a riot!
For those who wants to change, come join the game, we’re ‘bout to gain

(Rap)
Hear this out:
Comin’ for a cause, damn let’s blow all the fuck up
Don’t be sittin’ and waitin’ like stupid cunt
Can’t ya hear the sound
Boom!
The inner monster came out
If you fucking keep staring me then you’re my enemy
Step please!
Sick of all the shit they make us eat
It’s all about the vomit we’re gonna make ‘em swallow in

Drop it
The fuck of what they’ll think ‘bout
Free it
Let’s make ‘em bitches cry ‘bout
Say it
Don’t let ‘em make you swallow this shout
Change it
See Imma about to turn the fuck around

Fuck, you say, join the game!
We talk things that might hurt you, we touch in the wound we’re in a riot!
For those who wants to change, come join the game, we’re ‘bout to gain

Edited by user 18 December 2013 21:51:36(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

thanks 3 users thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
AmyJayneXoX on 18/12/2013(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 19/12/2013(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 23/12/2013(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#12 Posted : 20 December 2013 02:39:46(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

UserPostedImage

Genre: Dubstep, Techno House, Electro-Industrial
Length: 4:22
Writer (s): mISTER_b, Lilly Staurt
Voice: Vara Gallo

This mid-tempo track follows the previous track in its style and proposal. Despite it differs from the rap verse the previous track has, it is still heavily referred as a dubstep song. It starts with a Tech-house beat which right after some seconds is increased by a mid-tempo hip hop drum sequence influenced. The same time Vara Gallo starts to sing the song’s first verse, she sounds very emotional, but with some effects on her voice to form a more industrial “feel” to the track overall.
The song follow sits coarse and other sounds are being added to it, making it sound louder but not faster, the mid-tempo seems to last the first minute of the track. Right in the chorus of the track the Techno-house beat is louder and so the drum is not so smooth driven as it was in the first verse of the track, here it is more dubstep oriented with glitches and very low tones. Vara’s vocals remain the same as the first verse, atmospheric and sometimes mixed with some ambient sounds, but her notes in the chorus are a little higher the firsts strophe, so far she’s been on her comfort zone as a singer, the track could be anything that she would be doing as her own music.
The dubstep influence of the track kicks off after the first chorus, but it does not come alone, it does come heavily influenced by electro-industrial beats, so expect to hear low glitch bass, keyboards, sequencer and drum machines, all together but keeping the mid-tempo ‘hip hop’ style the track has since it’s slow begging. These instruments form the breakdown of the track which starts in an ascending marked time till it is vividly heard and so it is played for almost one minute and a half, just the beats, no singing but some vocals effects by Vara, sampled although it. Right at the switch from the breakdown to the second verse of the track, there is a turntable beat mixed in a way to increase the tempo of the track as if it would drop a bomb drum sequence, but instead of that, all the melodies are resumed to the very first low sound showed as an introduction to the track in its first seconds.
Vara performs the second strophe of the track and its sound does follow the same structure as before except of the use of other elements such as more synth beats and effects on Vara’s voice. The track kept its mid-tempo all of its four and a half minutes, the drum sequence almost sound as a glitch-hop sequence but the bass and the synth made the difference so the track would have a more industrial influence.
Theme for the track is basically the moment when a couple break up and all the hard feelings it brings to that moment, the wish to kill the person who was supposed to be loved and the questioning of why is that happening to them and also predictions for the future, once they were used to live together and by talking about that, it is in fact the main theme of the track, what comes next after a break up, what is left after a break up. There are also some reasons for what happened to the situation turn into a break up, but they are not explicit on the lyrics, they’re more in the inner lines of it. The track was written by mISTER_b and Lilly Stuart and produced by mISTER_b alone.

Working with Vara Gallo

Initial conversation with Vara Gallo didn’t happen, she was actually choose out of the blue, when mISTER_b was composi9ng this track, in fact this track was supposed to not receive any vocal performance, but when he and Lilly Stuart started out to write random phrases over it, it went so well that they decided to write lyrics for the track.
So when the lyrics were done, mISTER_b talked about calling Vara Gallo, because he is a fan of her work, Lilly did the contact with Vara’s manager and the day after the call, they were together recording the track. It took four days to record all the vocals, especially because of the effects and the backing vocals used in the track.

Quote:
“I’m fan of Vara, she’s such an unusual female singer, not what we usually expect from females in the mainstream market, she has a strong personality and a little bit of misbehavior and I love this in a woman. She’s not worry to follow anything that’s tendency out there, expect of what she really believes in and I respect that.
I also enjoy her music gifts, she’s a master of industrial music and I was always a fan of electro-industrial music, ever since I was an underground artist. I did the melodies of this track and me and Lilly went on to write a very heartbreaking sort of rage lyric, I mean it’s sad but there’s fury and rage on it and Vara seemed the perfect choice to sing it, because she could deliver the right intonation to the notes of the track, you know.
She was such a sweetheart in the studio I must say I thought it would be hard to work with someone with so much personality like her, but she’s a pro when she’s recording and she took all my advises, obviously I was very polite with her, but she’s cool man, she really is!”

Logically, you would lower your head
Inevitably, I kept looking at you
Ferociously, I wanted rip out your head
Graciously, you made me feel cruel

So what now?
Are we done now?
What’s next?
What’s left?

I loved you in that crazy night
You used me like an amusement park
I gave to you my all
You just gave me your half
And now I just wanna kill you
And you keep on coming back

(Break Instrumental)

Perfectly, we would be together
Honestly, I could make your life better
Deliberately, I was making up a fantasy
Deceptively, you guided me in this fancy

I loved you in that crazy night
You used me like an amusement park
I gave to you my all
You just gave me your half
And now I just wanna kill you
And you keep on coming back

So, what’s next?
And what’s left?

Edited by user 20 December 2013 02:41:02(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

thanks 3 users thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
AmyJayneXoX on 20/12/2013(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 20/12/2013(UTC), snap_itshannah on 20/12/2013(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#13 Posted : 20 December 2013 04:14:05(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

UserPostedImage

Genre: Electro-House, Progressive House
Length: 5:32
Writer (s): mISTER_b
Voice: Serenity Scott

Drum and bass line sequence introduces this track, with an up-tempo beat and a switch composed of synthesizer and keyboards culminate into an electronic guitar riff. All of that happen in a half minute, till Serenity starts to melodically sing over that electronic guitar riff the first lines of the track. She sounds clean, high and on pitch. Not much alteration on the sound of the track till the chorus starts and some elements such as synth beats, bass and a progressive house drum begin to pound, building up to the first breakdown moment of the track.
The breakdown is fast and light at the same time, the progressive house beats are very up flirting and the melodic aspect of the beats are also very hopeful and empowering. There are some synth beats over the fast driven drums which gives the song a different look from its suspicious beginning. After one minute the breakdown approaches a switch composed of a ascending house beat to later slow down all melodies to that single electronic guitar riff and so Serenity starts to sing the song’s second strophe. The structure of this second verse is the same as before, but there are some subtle differences from the first strophe of the track which is additional backing vocal performed by Gemma Urie and a different switch to the second breakdown moment of the track which by the way it’s the climax of it, this switch is longer, it has a low key ascending house beat which leads to a drum alone sequence, but again it culminates into the biggest loud breakdown of the track with all elements of that progressive house influence together, drum, bass line, synthesizer and keyboards.
To end the track mISTER_b did what every DJ does with its most hardcore tracks, he ended up with an ascending house beat switch moment, where he can use it to mix with another track when he’ll be performing his set on clubs around the world. Serenity’s vocals are the most pop capable as they could ever be, she has her pitch perfect her falsettos on the chorus and her high notes in the pre-choruses of the track.
Lyrically the track is clearly an allusion of the habit that most clubbers have to wear sunglasses no matter what place they are when they’re going to an electronic music party. Even though it is in a inner underground club on in a open field such as is done on Tomorrowland and Dream Valley Festivals. mISTER_b gives a reason for the se of sunglasses on parties when they’re usually done at night, the massage is about connecting people wearing those sunglasses in one only energy. It was written and produced mISTER_b alone, the only track in the whole record he did alone, and it was also the last track to be included and recorded for the album once he composed and wrote this track after he played on Brazilian’s Dream Valley Festival last November.

Working with Serenity

mISTER_b decided to invite Serenity to perform the vocals for this track in the final stages of the production of this album. All other tracks were already completed but he took a while to compose and write this last one and immediately called Serenity’s management team and invites her to sing the track for him.
It as needed a pop singer to provide the required vocals for this track, he needed someone with total control of its pitch because they would only have one day to record the track and so they spent one day recording the track together. Later the track was sent to Gemma Urie so she could add some backing vocals and this recording process was made via phone between mISTER_b and Gemma once both didn’t have time to meet again.

Quote:
“This one is very special to me. I played in Brazil’s Dream valley festival last November for 20 thousand people and you can’t imagine what I felt that night man, it was one of if not the best experience I had my entire life! I felt such a connection with the audience and they were staring at me with their sunglasses that gave me an idea to write and compose a song about that connection.
It took three days for me to complete this song, the first day to write it, the second day to record it and the third day to master it! Obviously it was not made in a row, let’s say there’s a lack of at least one week between each day spent to record the track, due to schedule matters with Serenity Scott, but it did only took three days to be created and completed. The track was born almost like a dream that had come out of my mind in a crazy night.
Serenity is just as crazy as I thought she was in a good way, I played the instrumentation for her like midnight of a Tuesday on the phone, she was so excited after hearing it, really midnight! We manage to schedule the date for recording and we did a one day recording section, she is a pro so she didn’t need to sing the song so much time. After that day I sent the song to Gemma for additional backing vocals, I did that recording via Phone, she was recording in a studio but I was not there, anyway, after that I had the track ready to be mastered."

I see in brown tones our auras
And our essence, learnt from our parents
We raise our hands
Connecting as a constellation
I see on their faces the same expression
The same feelings, I see through my lens

Put on your sunglasses
And see through its lens
Our own essence
Our own inheritance

And if you can’t see
It just like me
I’ll let you see
Through my sunglasses’ lens

Our souls were touched by this energy
You can fly if you believe
Just have faith
Don’t let it waste
I see people going beyond
Crossing the limits of their own souls
I see everything
Through my sunglasses

So open your eyes
See in black and white
Your own essence
Your own inheritance

And if you can’t see
It just like me
I’ll let you see
Through my sunglasses’ lens

My sunglasses’ lens
My sunglasses’ lens

Edited by user 20 December 2013 04:37:11(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

RoseJapanFan on 20/12/2013(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 20/12/2013(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 23/12/2013(UTC), Walton on 23/12/2013(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#14 Posted : 20 December 2013 05:19:41(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

UserPostedImage

Genre: Electro House, Deep House
Length: 4:22
Producer: mISTER_b, ElectroLightz
Voice: Kato

Coming from an up flirting mood, introduced by the previous track it seems that the album will end in a very good way, if we’re talking about feelings. This Deep House track is a light at the end of the tunnel and even a soft spot among so many hardcore loud tracks this album has until here. Composed by a drum plus bass sequence with chord instruments prominent of its deep house influence, this track is starts out with an almost half minute introduction melodic sequence setting the right mood for Kato provide his warm and melodic vocals.
The Deep house influence comes from not only for Kato’s lounge vibe vocal performance but due to its chromatic chords underlying sequence mixed with bass and drums, it sets a smooth almost ambient mood to the track. The first strophe of the song keeps the same sound the song was introduced, at the chorus the melodies are resumed to only those chromatic chords sequence and so Kato performs the first half of the chorus over that sound till the melodies come together again and he can perform the other half of the chorus over the full form sound of the track.
There’s a bridge between the first strophe of the track to the second strophe of it, this bridge is basically the base beat sequence that accompany the track till its very end. The second strophe starts with barely no sound but only an ambient lounge house beat with Kato singing over it and so this structure last almost the whole strophe till Kato sings the first half of the second chorus and so the melodies are back full form again.
The last verse of the track has Kato’s in a falsetto singing lines over a chromatic chord beat, till it drops finally the final chorus with the track in its full melody cycle. The track has a lounge overall feeling, the chords set a more soft mood to Kato’s voice and he also sings with a breathy voice and warm intonation making it even more lounge and relaxing than any other track of the record.
Lyrically, it’s the most romantic track of the record, it’s a love declaration for the beloved person by telling that person that after they meeting its own life has changed for better and all the negativity and insecurities of yore are not in its heart anymore. A very happy state of mind in a relationship, hardly different from any other lyric content on the album. It was written by mISTER_b, Electrolightz and Lilly Stuart, produced by mISTER_b and Electrolightz.

Working with Kato

Kato was one of the first to be invited to sing a song for mISTER_b’s debut album, right after Isabel was invited. Knowing that Kato was in a good place emotionally talking, mISTER_b thought about Kato singing this track he did for lounge parties, a DJ is not only made of hardcore sick beats but also by light smooth beats and passionate lyrics and this song is a reference to that.
It two days to record Kato’s vocals and another three days to actually produce the track, Kato traveled to NY to work with mISTER_b, these two days. Additional backing vocal were all performed by Kato once mISTER_b found hard to find another man with the same tone as Kato’s voice has.

Quote:
“I like the lounge vibe this track has, it sort of let all clubber in trance after so many hardcore beats. As DJ and actually thinking as a DJ this track can ends a whole set in one night, like as alight moment on the party which is very acceptable after you play songs like ‘Recovery or the Energy’, you really want to let people leave the craziness of those beats behind and go home relaxed and in a peaceful state of mind.
Kato has a unique voice for a man, I like his tone a lot and it was very fun to work with him, he’s much like me in his behavior, I mean he’s very polite and kind and I’m just like that too, he’s in a good moment of his private life right now, so this track fits perfectly for him.
I like the chords of this track, it’s an old style that not most of DJs use nowadays, with so many softwares out there, I really wanted to have that early 2000’s feel in this track and I think I did it.”

Out of the blue
So naturally
There came you
Surrounding me
I feel in love
For all you are and were
Girl you’re the one of all my dreams
One that disappeared with my insecurities
I guess for now on we’re bound for life

You revolutionized my life
Every new sun shines even brighter
You fill my heart like a rising tide
I’ll never want you out of my side

You dominated my mind
All I can think is having you by my side
Just tell me you’re my valentine

I’ll take your hand
And drive you safe
I'll save you from this world's intents
Now all my desires are on its place
You opened my eyes
And showed me the good side
Girl you’re the one of all my dreams
One that disappeared with my insecurities
I guess for now on we’re bound for life

You dominated my mind

I love you
You love me too
Hearts together
You and me
Forever
I found my second half
For now on we’re unite

You dominated my mind

Edited by user 01 April 2014 00:27:58(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

RoseJapanFan on 20/12/2013(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 20/12/2013(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 23/12/2013(UTC), Walton on 23/12/2013(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#15 Posted : 20 December 2013 05:25:40(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

UserPostedImage

Genre: Electronic House, Progressive House
Length: 5:49
Producer: mISTER_b, Lilly Stuart
Voice: Amy Jayne

Heavily influenced by progressive house, this track keeps the soft spot to the recorded started by previous two tracks. It is the final track of this album and there’s a meaning to it. The song starts with a subtle house beat without drums, till it breaks into a smooth and easy going progressive drum beat. Amy Jayne worked on her R&B influenced vocals to sound a little less groovy and a bit more robotized. There are echoes effects and backing ground supporting Amy’s vocals and she sounds gracefully but there are no high notes for her to raise her voice, so basically she sings the whole track in a single tone.
At the choruses of the track Amy loses her breathy vocals and incorporates a more strong and emphasized tone to her voice. She even vocalizes in a moment of the chorus but she’s supported by backing vocals in that particular moment. The chorus takes on a switch from the song’ former base beat, it has piano and its slower till it breaks into a hardcore EDM beat till finally the second verse of the song starts again.
Towards the end of the track, it again switches its structures to incorporate a new progressive house beat. Its tempo and melody is different from when the song started out, it almost could be used to become another song’s introduction but once it is the last track of mISTER_b’s album it ends suddenly.
Lyrical content is about keeping the good vibrations and to have hope that everything will be fine. It didn’t fit as a empowering song, it feels more of a love song, lines like ‘the waves will bring to me you back’ clearly reveals that the song is about love being chased but then in the chorus the line ‘whatever the reason you may say’ maybe refers to a break up, and after all mISTER_b’s is saying through Amy’s voice that he’s going to be ok and no matter what happened and he also says ‘I feel the energy conspiring on my behalf’, as if he is a true believer.
It was produced by mISTER_b’s, electrolightz and Lilly Stuart, members of ElectroDeath Team, writing credits belong to mISTER_b’s and Lilly Stuart.

Working with Amy Jayne

Amy Jayne was invited by Lilly Stuart to sing a song on mISTER_b’s and so it was accorded that the track would also appear on Amy’s last album too. She took three days to record the track in NY with mISTER_b.
The song took over one week to be produced and mastered and additional backing vocal belong to Gemma Urie in a section she recorded when she was still working with mISTER_b for this album. The track had to be released before the schedule due to the agreement from Amy’s management team to have the track on her album, so it was released as a b-side before the record was fully out.

Quote:
"This song closes my record and it also was the last track I recorded for it. I invited Amy Jayne to sing it and she showed up and did a wonderful job with her vocals, it ended up being one of my favorites from the album.
This song comes from my own soul, like I’m a positive person even all odds I do believe that there must be a light side and that’s what I’m chasing for my life. And I mean all parts of my life, the relationships, my work, my family all of it, I’m always in a good vibe cheering that everything is going to be just fine.
I like the sound of this track too, it’s just simple and smooth and also its sweet, it’s not heavy EDM, despite its break down after the choruses, so I like the fact that it closes the album in a very positive way, just like I started out the album in appositive way with ‘Recovery’.
I enjoyed working with Amy, she’s a cool girl, trying to make her way through the pop scene and I really hope she’ll manage to succeed as much as she deserves for all the hard work she’s putting out right now, not only on my track but with her album too. We’re struggling to becoming stars so it was a perfect choice for me to have her, because just like she’s seeking her number one spot, so am I too."

I feel the energy surround
Conspiring on my behalf
The waves will bring to me you back
And I no longer have to worry
If you don’t remain, I’ll let the waves
Bring someone new

Whatever the time, whatever the day
You should know I’ll be ok
Whatever the reason you may say
I’ll be ok (Ohhhhh)
I just need to wait
Everything will be ok…

I’ll be ok (Ohhhhh)
I just need to wait
Everything will be ok…

The sun lights my destiny
I’m safe as long as I follow it
Even if the road is painful
The waves will bring me back on track
And wind will blow up in my heart
I’ll fly away forever

I’ll be ok (Ohhhhh)
I just need to wait
Everything will be ok…

I’ll be ok (Ohhhhh)
I just need to wait
Everything will be ok…

Edited by user 20 December 2013 05:26:44(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

Offline RoseJapanFan  
#16 Posted : 20 December 2013 05:38:44(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
OOC: Excellent album rp from start to finish, LOVE the covers and the lyrics so much :) Thanks for allowing my characters to be apart of this! It's definitely great to have collaborative albums like this where it can involve more than one user/act.

Kato: Thanks a lot for letting me be apart of this movement, sick album.

Isabel: I love it soooo much :) Each song is so great, this album will be on repeat for a while! Love ya Drakey! <3
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
Andre Gandra on 20/12/2013(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#17 Posted : 20 December 2013 05:55:15(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

Osprey037[Reported Failure wrote:
;351247]OOC: There's always been something about your albums that makes me really enjoy them. I appreciate the straightforwardness of the lyrics and descriptions. Well done as always.

OOC: thank you so much, you're always making incredible RP's too, it's so cool to have someone like you enjoying my stuff ;)

Originally Posted by: RoseJapanFan Go to Quoted Post
OOC: Excellent album rp from start to finish, LOVE the covers and the lyrics so much :) Thanks for allowing my characters to be apart of this! It's definitely great to have collaborative albums like this where it can involve more than one user/act.

Kato: Thanks a lot for letting me be apart of this movement, sick album.

Isabel: I love it soooo much :) Each song is so great, this album will be on repeat for a while! Love ya Drakey! <3

OOC: I'm so glad you enjoyed it! really thankyou so much for the kind words and I thought it was really funny actually to have this amount of caracters involved in this album, it made look so cool and easy to be made, hopefully we'll get mor albums like this one in the forum.

mISTER_b: Anytime mister Kato, pleasure working with you and Isabel thanks for being part of it too, you helped me reach that number one and I'll be forever thankful for that, HAHA also you're one of the few people who call me Drake LOL.
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

thanks 1 user thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 20/12/2013(UTC)
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#18 Posted : 20 December 2013 06:19:45(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 3961 time(s) in 1352 post(s)
OOC - amazing job with this, thanks for having Amy be involved this is a great debut for him :)

Amy-Jayne: yay I am glad this is getting released at last, you worked so hard on this I had a great time working with you, it was a pleasure I look forward to working with you again if the opportunity rises :D
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked AmyJayneXoX for this useful post.
Andre Gandra on 20/12/2013(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#19 Posted : 22 December 2013 05:07:06(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

Originally Posted by: AmyJayneXoX Go to Quoted Post
OOC - amazing job with this, thanks for having Amy be involved this is a great debut for him :)

Amy-Jayne: yay I am glad this is getting released at last, you worked so hard on this I had a great time working with you, it was a pleasure I look forward to working with you again if the opportunity rises :D

OOC: Thank you so much, it was a pleasure!

mISTER_b: Thank you Amy, indee it was hard work for sure, but people like you make the work easy! Sure let's call some people and create magic in the studio again!
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

Offline Famouss7x7  
#20 Posted : 22 December 2013 11:46:13(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
Cinzia: Absolutely stunning and amazing work by an amazing produer. You are really opening doors back up for people like myself who will be returning next year. Just to see someone pushing the genre like never before gives me the goose bumps and makes me appreciate you so much as a person, and a DJ. Really an epic album here, you deserve every amount of success you are garnering. Cannot wait to work with you again :)

OOC: Amazing work! I really loved this from top to bottom and glad you used two of my characters. Looove this album lol.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
Andre Gandra on 22/12/2013(UTC)