logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline freestylechamp  
#1 Posted : 14 January 2014 09:43:56(UTC)
freestylechamp

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 6094 time(s) in 2656 post(s)

UserPostedImage

Tittle: Hate That I Love You
Written: TJ Cousins
Album: Kidd At the Adult Table
Format: iTunes, Radio Airplay, YouTube, Digital Download
Label: Permanent Reminder
Produce By:Matt Young, TJ Cousins
Directed By: TJ Cousins

It has been a while since he have heard anything on the radio of Kidd Amaze but that might be ready change as we got a Music Video as well as a new song to give us something exciting. Since he has finished his mixtape "Listen and Be Amazed" his has sold over 250,000 copies so far nothing but small thing to keeps up occupy like the little youtube battle that he had with his own label head Matt Young, Even so it has been a wild and exciting ride and while there been rumors of everything around Kidd late of last year, their seems to be a lot of potential for great things this year for the fellow rapper and this song is sure to surprise.

Song Description
The song starts off with the slow ballad with the piano and it is very soothing and emotional so the first surprise you notice right away is Kidd sings on this song, Which I like I can't help it if you can sing then sing no need to rap all the time right? The real surprise is that doesn't feel like a rap song to me even with the little rap near the end, this has all the making of a good classic R&B song. So much so if you haven't hear of Kidd Amaze before as a rapper you would think he was a R&B singer which shocked a lot of people by how well he was able to transition so well. No off or bad notes, Nice range and with a little power in his vocals too.

Lyrics Description
Believe it or not Kidd Didn't write this song for him but rather wrote it for a female singer to do to get him some extra work while he was on his mixtape. Fun fact After his mixtape was done and no one took the song he re-wrote it to fit his style. The story about a person in a bad relationship where he or she is with someone who is a danger to themselves and everyone around them and what it does to the person that cares for them. At first the person refuses to admit their feelings for someone so destructive. and The Crazy one doesn't believe that they can be in a normal relationship, saying how they like to push the others buttons just to see how they would react only to feel sick to know that the person is still around after all the wrong that is done to them. It is a nice song but the way it ties into the video makes it amazing.

Music Video Description
What makes the song the me is the music video that was shot all over the country as he was on tour. The Video has a lot of subtle imagery with the little thing Kidd and his "girlfriend" go through the biggest twist of it was at the end it wasn't his "girlfriend" but it was kidd think "Music Industry" is like.

Quote:
I don't a lot of people are going to get it. Even though I leave a good amount of hints to it leading up to the climax of the video. I'm think are just going to put themselves in my shoes and see if they are in a relationship like that, and do they need to look in the mirror a realize what is going on and that is good too but that is one of the reason why I wanted to do a video for the first song so people that get it have that big "Aha," moment and then looks at all us musicians and actors and really think about what that life is like and to be happy with what you have in your own life.He have all made choices in our lives and it goes without saying that you made your choice by wanting a certain life for yourself.

I thought the song was good, it wasn't anything out there that I don't think he tried once and then said yea I going to throw this out there. Kidd shows not only his talent for songwriting but also a good job at directing his own music video for the first time. Is it too late to just have him do a singing CD cause... I don't not going to get into that but a good job and I look forward to his next work.

Video
The music video starts off with Kidd in the bed with his eyes open. Everything is on a gray-scale as he slowly gets up from the bed with his shirt off and boxers as he walks to the bathroom. He turns the light on to his spacious bathroom and walks over to the double sink to splash water in his face. While he is washing his face the narration starts “You know everyone want’s this lifestyle. So many times you hear the old cliché that the grass is always greener on the other side. What they don’t tell you is that grass is grass wherever you go, but what is the yard that the grass is in, well that is a different story isn’t it.” As the Narration is going on Kidd as finished washing his face and by the end he goes to the doorway and sees a young girl in his bed sitting up with a smirk on her face as she is using the sheet to cover up. The music starts and it flashes back to three weeks ago where the girl in question is at a party with Kidd and they are having a good time drinking and having fun in their separate groups.

Tell me whatcha say now?
Tell me whatcha say
Come again
You know we already been through this
Every day but you don’t get the jest
Just how much longer and
I’m going to witness
The way that you break down

Once the party is over and they are walking back to the car they get into an argument over something until she has enough and walks into the middle of the street to incoming traffic and Kidd pulls her out of the way before she is hit by a car. Later they are in the car no saying a word.

Don't take it personal
But you’re the worst
You know what you've done to me
And although it hurts I know
I just can't keep runnin' away

Fast forward Kidd is by himself in the living room looking out of his window and in the reflection you see that she come over to hug him with his t-shirt on.

[Hook]
I don’t love you (x4)
But I want you
I don’t need you (x4)
But I want you

During the second verse you see Kidd holding her hands and talking to her about something but she isn’t having it and pulls her hands away from him. She looks highly disappointed and walks away but Kidd gets up and follows after her to the open kitchen trying to talk to her but she isn’t listening to him and throws a glass vase that was on the counter at him but it misses and hit the wall behind him.

So what do we do now?
What do we do
You know we going to go through all of the drama once again
In public all you do is this act and pretend
Like nothing between us is ever wrong
You wanted this all along
Just drag me with you
You glad I’m still with you

He grabs on to her wrist and pulls her close to him making her tense up. He lets her go and goes into the bedroom and she stays in the kitchen to clean up.

Please don't take this personal
But you tied you me down
And hurt yourself so I can stay around
Got me looking like I’m the clown
And I been through worse than you
I just can't keep runnin away

I don’t love you (x4)
But I want you
I don’t need you (x4)
But I want you

During the rap she stands in front of the bedroom doorway and she is saying what Kidd is rapping as she looks at him with a smile on her face.

You try to escape, really you like the attention
The fire that burns inside gets hotter with all the tension
You wanted to be here you couldn’t leave if you wanted to
Loving the fact of the dangers and all of the taboo
You knew that I was unstable; I can’t help but be fickle
Seeing the pressure get to you always gives me a little tickle

As she comes in and lies across the bed as he gets up and goes into the bathroom to get away from her she turns to have her stomach of the bad looking at him as he leaves

Then somehow you still are able to stay in control
You still believe that you can somehow make me whole
I don’t know if your naïve or your just really thick
Seeing you have all of this faith in me is kinda sick
I don’t want to feel what you feel I rather be free
But if you still think I can be tame then show me

He stands in front of the door the doorway with all the good and bad things that has happens to them. he looks stressed but decides to press on and it as the camera watches him walk toward the bed.

So just what, what are we going to do now
Cause I can’t just stay right here
I’m have break myself away you

Kidd opens his eyes he is surrounded by golden records and pictures of famous artist like Isaac, Ryan, Serenity and others. He looks down and he is in a strait jacket looking up and the girl is standing above him holding a golden microphone saying the last part of the song.

I don't need you (x4)
And I don’t want you
I don't hate you (x4)
Cause I, Cause I love you
I don't need you (x4)
But I love you
I don't mean to (x4)
But I love you

The song is finished as she puts the microphone to Kidd mouth, it quiet but before Kidd can say anything you hear the beginning to another song of his “Can I Live?” and it quickly goes back.

sounds like
[spoiler][youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zp0LxWEj4uU[/youtube]

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
thanks 4 users thanked freestylechamp for this useful post.
AmyJayneXoX on 14/01/2014(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 14/01/2014(UTC), erich hess on 14/01/2014(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 14/01/2014(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#2 Posted : 14 January 2014 10:23:48(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
OOC: Nice work on this :) Good video.
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
freestylechamp on 14/01/2014(UTC)
Offline Tman  
#3 Posted : 14 January 2014 10:28:11(UTC)
Tman

Man
United States

Was thanked: 117 time(s) in 82 post(s)
Luke Starr: I'm not a big expert but if you ask me I'm thinking that Kidd Amaze is going to be one of the greatest rappers of our time.

OOC: Love what you did here.
Active People:

James 'Deadeye' Baulschoff
Raymond Lyzakyan
Lucas Kyargo
Zeke Azako
Matthew Ray Vaughn

Inactive People:

John Baulschoff
John Buck
Sam Bell
Christina Baulschoff
Geoff Rodriguez

thanks 1 user thanked Tman for this useful post.
Offline erich hess  
#4 Posted : 14 January 2014 10:59:29(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Was thanked: 17917 time(s) in 10411 post(s)
mariko: kidd is everything right with the hip hop world...imagine if he and rum and coke worked together....with issac and a chloe! *passes out*
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
Offline freestylechamp  
#5 Posted : 14 January 2014 11:18:21(UTC)
freestylechamp

Man
United States

Was thanked: 6094 time(s) in 2656 post(s)
Originally Posted by: RoseJapanFan Go to Quoted Post
OOC: Nice work on this :) Good video.

OOC: Thank you,

Originally Posted by: Tman Go to Quoted Post
Luke Starr: I'm not a big expert but if you ask me I'm thinking that Kidd Amaze is going to be one of the greatest rappers of our time.

OOC: Love what you did here.

Kidd: Is there any doubt I'm not the greatest right now? I'm joking thank you

OCC: Thanks, I'm glad people liked it

Originally Posted by: erich hess Go to Quoted Post
mariko: kidd is everything right with the hip hop world...imagine if he and rum and coke worked together....with issac and a chloe! *passes out*

Kidd: if only I could I do a song with them they should do a god of thunder remix and put us on it. I heard you wanted to rap too.

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked freestylechamp for this useful post.
erich hess on 14/01/2014(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#6 Posted : 14 January 2014 11:40:18(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Was thanked: 17917 time(s) in 10411 post(s)
mariko: oh no! i can not do that! my sister can,a little. i could just be in the back ground,arms crossed and saying "word".
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.