logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline genocidal king  
#21 Posted : 28 March 2014 22:16:19(UTC)
genocidal king

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
ooc: Love the tune and the lyrics. The build up you're doing for her is really cool and much more realistic than all the quick jumps people normally have into stardom :)
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked genocidal king for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 28/03/2014(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#22 Posted : 28 March 2014 22:26:49(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
Originally Posted by: genocidal king Go to Quoted Post
ooc: Love the tune and the lyrics. The build up you're doing for her is really cool and much more realistic than all the quick jumps people normally have into stardom :)

OOC: Thanks :) I want her to have that natural tone for her, take things slow.
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#23 Posted : 29 March 2014 06:39:34(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)

Alina Torres: OMG your voice reminds me so much of Jen Armstrong!! But I aksi love your own unique touch that you have! That song was so up lifting, I'm so ready to put this on my mp3!
thanks 1 user thanked stephaniewazhere for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 29/03/2014(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#24 Posted : 29 March 2014 07:53:54(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: stephaniewazhere Go to Quoted Post

Alina Torres: OMG your voice reminds me so much of Jen Armstrong!! But I aksi love your own unique touch that you have! That song was so up lifting, I'm so ready to put this on my mp3!

Dylan: Oh, no way, what a nice compliment! :) Thank you, thank you.
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

Offline mebeme101  
#25 Posted : 31 March 2014 17:30:16(UTC)
mebeme101

Man

Was thanked: 5703 time(s) in 2512 post(s)
Jacob: Another amazing song from you you're really on a roll huh? Lol just like before I really love this song think I might like this one a bit more which I though would be impossible but I guess not great job again Dylan I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for more music from you :)
My Acts

Layla Sanchez|AJ|Brandon Grey|PRÓXIMO|Carmen V|SZ|DREAM

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked mebeme101 for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 31/03/2014(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#26 Posted : 31 March 2014 21:51:17(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: mebeme101 Go to Quoted Post
Jacob: Another amazing song from you you're really on a roll huh? Lol just like before I really love this song think I might like this one a bit more which I though would be impossible but I guess not great job again Dylan I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for more music from you :)

Dylan: Yay! Thanks :) I'm still freaking out I have a song on iTunes lol, Im such a geek. But Im really happy you liked it!
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline RoseJapanFan  
#27 Posted : 15 June 2014 02:36:29(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage
Genre: Pop, R&B
Length: 4:02
Label: Independent

Background & Description
The next single from singer-songwriter Dylan Shaw, has been dubbed by critics as 'her best yet' even though she maintains her simplicity in nature. 'Just Gotta Take It' is a Pop, R&B track which can easily be a contender among Pop songs today. The song starts with a simple chord which progresses to an R&B type beat, keeping in mind this track and her last two tracks have been self-produced by the singer herself from a simple app on her Apple computer. Dylan's vocals enter the song, singing very much calm and filled with happiness. There's a relatively 'bounce' to the way she sings, gliding effortlessly through the verses with no hesitation or problem. Each line, her vocals would enter the next step, either going higher or lower until the end of the verse where you hear her crisp and clear vocals rounding it out. The pre-chorus is sung with her sweet and delicate soprano vocals, again she glides through it without any effort at all. Here, she sings of knowing the hardships she'll face but they don't scare or dismay her at all. She heads to the chorus, her vocals managing to stay the same as she sings about plowing through and taking what she wants in life.

The second verse, she returns to her low and inhibited voice, there's an air of coolness surrounding her without her trying too hard to pursue it. She stays on the topic of getting tired of all the competition and vows to never change for the sake of it.This time around, she ditches the pre-chorus before the chorus and powers through it again. Her vocals are doubled for the effect of hearing background vocals and Dylan's clear as day vocals in the front. She begins to take this time to show off her impressive pipes, as she gives listeners a taste of her vocal ability in this song. She then comes back to the pre-chorus, as the beat sits anxiously for the build-up, and she gives another impressive performance, showing she has a handle on control for her voice. Again, she sings the chorus, this time as she's ad-libbing and once again showing her vocal range with her unique tone being accented here. She has the certain rapsiness to her voice as from the likes of Lauryn Hill and the sweetness to it as from Colbie Caillat, JoJo and Justin Nozuka.

Lyrically, the song focuses on grabbing life by the horns and getting what you want out of it. There's also a certain mist of pride from the first verse, 'I'll climb the mountains by myself/I'm never begging anybody for help/That's what I was taught not to do.' She goes on to acknowledge it will be a tough road but if you really want something in life, you have to take it. She also knows that she will not waste her talents because she knows at any point they could be taken away from her. The second verse talks about the growing need for competition in the music industry instead of just making music because they love to do it. She makes a promise to never become that way and says her reasoning and purpose for making music is to make others happy. In the chorus, she states she knows she will not be perfect but she accepts that fact and decides to pursue her dreams anyway. The track will be sent to radio airplay on the 21st.

[Verse 1]
I'm not waiting to be given
Any chance, that's not living
So I'll put on my shoes
I'll climb the mountains by myself
I'm never begging anybody for help
That's what I was taught not to do

[Pre-chorus]
And I know it's gonna get hard for me to stand
But there's no if, ands, or buts in my plan
I don't think you will understand
Unless you know that things can be given and taken
Nothing's ever promised to me or man
In the end I'm my biggest fan

[Chorus]
Along the road I know that I will not be perfect
Don't get it twisted, that don't mean I'm not tryin'
Instead I refuse to be used in this game of life, I will never quit
I won't sit around waiting, sometimes you gotta take it

[Verse 2]
Yeah, It seems to be a competition
Nobody sings just for the hell of it
Who's the supreme, today? (Uh)
I won't let that ever change me
God forbid I start talking crazy
Cus this soul was made to make people happy

[Pre-chorus]
Don't get it twisted, that don't mean I'm not tryin'
Instead I refuse to be used in this game of life, I will never quit

Oooh, ooh

[Pre-chorus]
And I know it's gonna get hard for me to stand
But there's no if, ands, or buts in my plan
I don't think you will understand
Unless you know that things can be given and taken
Nothing's ever promised to me or man
In the end I'm my biggest fan

[Chorus]
Don't get it twisted, (Don't get it twisted) that don't mean I'm not tryin'
Instead I refuse to be used in this game of life, I will never quit (I will never quit)

(Gotta take it) Sometimes you gotta ta-a-a-a-ake it
(Gotta take it) And I'm about to take it
(Gotta take it) Ohh, whoo-ooa

Sounds Like:

Edited by user 15 June 2014 08:23:40(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 5 users thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
Princess_Valentine on 15/06/2014(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 15/06/2014(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 15/06/2014(UTC), erich hess on 03/07/2014(UTC), mebeme101 on 04/07/2014(UTC)
Offline Princess_Valentine  
#28 Posted : 30 June 2014 05:15:31(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 2517 time(s) in 1482 post(s)
Lexi: Man you rock! I hope to be just like you someday. :)

Kourtney: Hmmm to be honest, this really isn't my cup of tea..... haha just kidding. I love this! Great job girlie. :)
DominicBrown|LeslieNielsen|LexiMarieTaylor|JordanSnow|AllyHansen|AriaKingsley

thanks 1 user thanked Princess_Valentine for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 30/06/2014(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#29 Posted : 02 July 2014 23:51:48(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: Princess_Valentine Go to Quoted Post
Lexi: Man you rock! I hope to be just like you someday. :)

Kourtney: Hmmm to be honest, this really isn't my cup of tea..... haha just kidding. I love this! Great job girlie. :)

Dylan: Aww, thanks girls! I'm blushing :P
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline genocidal king  
#30 Posted : 03 July 2014 01:42:32(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
Katie: Hands down, the most beautiful girl in all of pop music, and with such a wonderful voice to go with it! Your range is so amazing, and I love the message behind the song as well. Gotta take what you want from this life :P
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked genocidal king for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 03/07/2014(UTC)
Offline freestylechamp  
#31 Posted : 03 July 2014 08:13:53(UTC)
freestylechamp

Man
United States

Was thanked: 6094 time(s) in 2656 post(s)
Sabrina: I actually love me so Dylan she is really talented when are you going to a EP though and have some production package for it.

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked freestylechamp for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 03/07/2014(UTC)
Offline mebeme101  
#32 Posted : 04 July 2014 15:15:53(UTC)
mebeme101

Man

Was thanked: 5703 time(s) in 2512 post(s)
Jacob: Wow where have I been? Love this love hearing new music from you because your music keeps getting better and better and you're quickly becoming my favorite artist I mean you're already my favorite new artist but now you're about to become my favorite haha anyway great job again Dylan keep it up :)
My Acts

Layla Sanchez|AJ|Brandon Grey|PRÓXIMO|Carmen V|SZ|DREAM

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked mebeme101 for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 04/07/2014(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#33 Posted : 05 July 2014 05:16:01(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: genocidal king Go to Quoted Post
Katie: Hands down, the most beautiful girl in all of pop music, and with such a wonderful voice to go with it! Your range is so amazing, and I love the message behind the song as well. Gotta take what you want from this life :P

Dylan: Dude, you're like the goddess of music :P Thank you, your words mean so much, you have no idea!

Originally Posted by: freestylechamp Go to Quoted Post
Sabrina: I actually love me so Dylan she is really talented when are you going to a EP though and have some production package for it.

Dylan: Thanks! It's coming :) Working my finishing touches so it can be great.

Originally Posted by: mebeme101 Go to Quoted Post
Jacob: Wow where have I been? Love this love hearing new music from you because your music keeps getting better and better and you're quickly becoming my favorite artist I mean you're already my favorite new artist but now you're about to become my favorite haha anyway great job again Dylan keep it up :)

Dylan: Aw thanks Jacob, you're one person who has stuck with me from the beginning so I thank you for that :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline Famouss7x7  
#34 Posted : 05 July 2014 05:26:57(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
OOC: Lyrics are awesome here. Love the uplifting nature of the song as well and I like how you've carved Dylan to be different from the other pop artists and not selling sex and singing about other things rather then love and heartbreak in this one. And umm...you mean to tell me Nicki minaj can't get on the sound alike to the song here? Girl byeSpeak to the hand lol
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 05/07/2014(UTC)