logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages<1234>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Andre Gandra  
#41 Posted : 11 November 2014 05:00:02(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 3513 time(s) in 1683 post(s)
Originally Posted by: genocidal king Go to Quoted Post
OOC: Great RP here, and I love the idea of doing a B-side for a single as well. Nice work :)

OOC: Thank you! I don't know what happened to B-sides lately, even in the real world.

Originally Posted by: kandii Go to Quoted Post
Anniken: Abieeee! What did I tell you about releasing all this beautiful music all at once?! My heart can't take it! Then again, there's not much my heart can take. If this just the EP then I'm am ready for this album. Sooooo ready.

OOC: I guess you mistook the characters.. LMFAO... but I appreciate you taking notice on my RPs ;)
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

I was gone for a while, but I'm back (not that you care about LOL)
thanks 1 user thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
kandii on 13/11/2014(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#42 Posted : 13 November 2014 01:55:55(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

UserPostedImage

Song: Calling Your Name
Magie
Album: Outcome
Directed by: Uprising Creative

The black and white video starts with aerial shots of a gothic cathedral and its gray sky, while a scary movie atmosphere takes the screen, the ambient introduction sound of the track also serves to give the viewers some creepy sensation towards the dark but beautiful images. So the camera pass through a stained glass of this gothic church and it flies through its main hall until it closes on Magie’s face, she’s closed eyes, but as soon as the first verse of the track starts Magie opens them and starts to lip-sync the first verse of the track. She’s wearing a gothic black dress, her blond hair on her shoulders, there’s a pedestal in front of her, a neon lights cross behind her and she seems to be in some kind of altar. The banks of the church are empty, there are some candles placed in strategic areas of the main hall, also there are some biblical figures as angels and catholic saints, despite Magie is not a Christian, she does seem to use a lot of Christian elements on the video. But for her own religious identity, there’s the symbol of the Wiccan Goddess on the floor of the altar that she’s performing the song and also she’s wearing a pentagram inside of a circle on her neckless, putting all those elements together in this Christian illustrated scenario, it certainly alludes the viewers to think about some interactions between the two religious, which is something that does not happen in real life.

UserPostedImage

Magie’s performance is more rock and roll than any sexy or choreographed performance she ever gave on her previous videos. She fists the air, she dances with her legs and turn around her body, she head bangs her head, she clearly interpreters the track as if she was rock singer, well the song is not all rock and roll, but the scenario and the dark sensation it transmit suits the performance. The first verse and chorus of the track is basically Magie performing it in this altar inside the Cathedral, some scenes are interchanged through the performance, so the video does not have a straight shot, you see Magie singing, or performing, or looking into the camera, there’s close ups and full body shots and also some scenarios closes ups, specially on the angles figures of the church.

UserPostedImage

The second verse shifts the scene to some room, which probably is inside the same church. Magie is sexy as hell, wearing a revealing black dress and lingerie inside. The room has a lot of lights, Magie poses and lip-sync the track, and the light reveals a more delicate version for her personality compared to the altar scenes where she’s performing the track. Here she is more vulnerable but still pleading for help as she has been doing the whole video. At some point she gets really close the camera and opens what appears to be a door, just when the chorus starts, and the video reveals a storm on the outside and an electric spark hits the top of the church starting a fire.

UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

The last verse brings back the main hall scene, the altar, but the whole place seems to get on fire, while Magie is untouched in this altar, still performing, the rest of the place is burning, even the video is still back and white the flames received some color treatments, they are yellow, red and blue but in pastel tones, it does not takes the dark visual aspect of the video and it does not hurt the viewer’s eyes of the contrast that the real color could make with the black and white scenario. This last burning scene also ends the video, Magie performs the track and its final lines and the final chorus among those flames, while her face expression reveals a strong and delivered woman, the flame represents she giving her all and her desire as well. The last shots of the video see the flames vanishing and the church burned while Magie survived the burning untouched, among the burned walls and the crashing roof of the church. She looks to the roof and it seems to be crashing down, but it doesn’t, she than gives another look to the camera and slightly smile.

Edited by user 02 July 2015 22:55:32(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

thanks 6 users thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
erich hess on 13/11/2014(UTC), snap_itshannah on 13/11/2014(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 13/11/2014(UTC), kandii on 13/11/2014(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 04/01/2015(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 19/01/2015(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#43 Posted : 13 November 2014 09:21:08(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 10467 time(s) in 3435 post(s)
Originally Posted by: kandii Go to Quoted Post
Anniken: Abieeee! What did I tell you about releasing all this beautiful music all at once?! My heart can't take it! Then again, there's not much my heart can take. If this just the EP then I'm am ready for this album. Sooooo ready.

OOC: I guess you mistook the characters.. LMFAO... but I appreciate you taking notice on my RPs ;)

OOC: OHHH LORD sorry !! Lmao, I guess my mind was in another place. But no takes backs lol. I love the EP.
thanks 1 user thanked kandii for this useful post.
Andre Gandra on 13/11/2014(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#44 Posted : 17 November 2014 14:49:33(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
OOC: Another great video to add to your rp discography :)

Jennifer: In case you didn't know, huge fan over here! Love the single and video, you always do so well with making sure they go hand in hand and makes me love the song even more. Plus, you look STUNNING ;)
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
Andre Gandra on 17/11/2014(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#45 Posted : 18 November 2014 01:41:37(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

Originally Posted by: RoseJapanFan Go to Quoted Post
OOC: Another great video to add to your rp discography :)

Jennifer: In case you didn't know, huge fan over here! Love the single and video, you always do so well with making sure they go hand in hand and makes me love the song even more. Plus, you look STUNNING ;)

OOC: Thank you, you're always so kind with me, I appreciate it ;)

Magie: Thank you Jen, I'm so flattered that you enjoy my music, 'cause I really admire you as well.
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

thanks 1 user thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 23/11/2014(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#46 Posted : 03 January 2015 23:14:58(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

UserPostedImage

Outcome
Written by: Magie Lena, Sergey Galoyan
Produced by: Sergey Galoyan
Genre: Ambient, Electronic
Label: FREEDOM
Format: Digital
Length: 3:10

The second single of Magie's upcoming album is also the title track of the project “Outcome”. The song will be only available digitally anticipating the release of Magie’s collaboration with Cinzia Ricci, the track was written by Magie and Sergey Golayan, who’s also responsible for the executive producer of the record, after having worked with Magie on ElectroDeath’s first album. The ambient track fuses elements of electronic music and trip hop, it starts with electronic music elements performed in synthesizers, Magie sings the first verse of the track with echoes on her voice while some ambient sounds sets a relaxing and sad mood to the track. As the first chorus starts, the track grows a little with the addition of keyboards and the singing of Magie. The second verse comes with trip hop drum sequence once again Magie’s voice is effected with echoes but the melodies of the track are bigger than its start, as the song gradually goes to the second chorus, its melodies also grows once again, other elements of electronic music are added to its melodies. The final choruses of the track are performed in form to reach the climax of the track, it was gradually growing and prepping its listeners to that moment, as if it would blow or something like that. In the final melodies of it a classic piano adds the outcome flavor for the track and when we think it would blow, it ends subtle with the same siren that started it.
Lyrics are a conversation Magie is having with someone she loved very much. We can’t tell exactly if it is a lover or a friend or a family member, but we can say that this person caused so much pain for her and she’s telling this person that she was not ready to bear the pain of the suffering but she had to go through it. However, by the end of the track Magie still waits the outcome moment, when she’ll finally get rid of that suffering and feel free. She also let us know through the lyrics that even though she suffers and feels like she is stuck, the world around her didn’t stop to turn, which means that the person who caused the pain to her stills lives its life while Magie suffers.
Influences of the track are vividly ElectroDeath’s first record “Don’t Regret”, the industrial sound of the track mixed with the ambient sounds and Magie’s angelical singing contrasts with each other, the sad lyrics also brings other flavors to the track, which was familiar to what ElectroDeath was used to do with their music. The bittersweet sensation of this track certainly makes it a unique one. Magie filmed a video for this track despite it won’t receive airplay or streaming, but it will be available digitally with the pre-order of her second studio album. The Album will be officially released in February 7th.

Lyrics

In the falling night
My mind remembers
You said: ‘please, be fine’
Misleading teller

When truth came to light
You were against the wall
All I wanted was to fight
I couldn’t stand the fall

You even held my hands
Told me it’d all be alright
But, it was me who was
Immersed in your lies

Just, one more day
Is it too much to ask?
Dreams faded away,
Of a life inside his bag

When truth came to light
You were against the wall
All I wanted was to fight
I couldn’t stand the fall

You even held my hands
Told me it’d all be alright
All those foolish words
Built a big lie

Don’t know how to fix
But I know how it hurts
Unconscious fears
Reasons piling dust

Ahead, a bridge to cross
Seconds before the burst
While I await the outcome
The world won’t stop to turn

Sounds Like

Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

thanks 5 users thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
snap_itshannah on 04/01/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 04/01/2015(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 04/01/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 04/01/2015(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 19/01/2015(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#47 Posted : 12 January 2015 06:26:47(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
Nova: Stunning song, absolutely stunning. I can't wait for the video because I know between you and Abie, you two pack a powerful punch with your videos and do a great job at storytelling.
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
Andre Gandra on 12/01/2015(UTC)
Offline genocidal king  
#48 Posted : 12 January 2015 09:43:14(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
Scott: If there was a bar for consistency, yours would be unwavering. Honestly, I've never known anyone to be so good for so many years. This is amazing as always.
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked genocidal king for this useful post.
Andre Gandra on 12/01/2015(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#49 Posted : 12 January 2015 21:36:49(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

Originally Posted by: RoseJapanFan Go to Quoted Post
Nova: Stunning song, absolutely stunning. I can't wait for the video because I know between you and Abie, you two pack a powerful punch with your videos and do a great job at storytelling.

Magie: Then I hope you'll enjoy the video for this song, it's very truthful to the song lyrics. Thank you for the compliments. I'm looking forward to your album.

Originally Posted by: genocidal king Go to Quoted Post
Scott: If there was a bar for consistency, yours would be unwavering. Honestly, I've never known anyone to be so good for so many years. This is amazing as always.

Magie: Thank you Scott, it's been a long journey and I feel like this is the most honest and authentic music that I've released for a very long time, so I'm glad you're taking notice on it.
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

Offline Andre Gandra  
#50 Posted : 13 January 2015 02:47:44(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

UserPostedImage

As the song starts the stage gets lighted all of a sudden and there is Magie wearing jeans a silver shirt some gray jewels, her hair tight up smiling and singing the very first lines of her most recent hit single “Calling Your Name”, the scenario of the stage, the lights her band pretty much takes us back to her roots as if could be a pop rock concert if it weren’t for the hearable electronic influence on the music being performed. Magie has her own style while performing, she knows how to move and how to use the space she has, she moves sexily to one corner to another, she gets near the edge of the stage as well so the fans that were there watching her could jump and scream louder trying to catch her attention, she is a teaser for sure exuding so much confidence and sexiness even though the song claims for a more fragile side of her personality.
The dancing is also something she brings extra on her performances, for this first track of we remember the video we would recognize the contortions she’s making with her body trying to keep standing on those high heels the same time she bends her body backwards holding the mic losing a little breathe on singing but certainly making her fans pleased. With so much charisma for a professional who’s been in this industry for at least seven years as we can remember, the performance if high energy and very entertaining of watching. MTV filmed it with five different cameras placed to capture the best moments of the performance, the lighting of the stage adds glamour to Magie’s stage presence. Magie had a tough 2014 as we may remember, her debut album had a moderate success but a lot of criticism almost ended her attempt for a solo career. Some claimed she was lost in a genre that she didn’t belong, others claimed she was silly blond bitch calling for attention, but what we can’t deny is her capability of putting a show with few elements, she always did, in the past on golden days of ElectroDeath or now with her modest debut.

UserPostedImage

But this is different and it seems that finally Magie found her spot as a soloist in this industry. This special will give the fans an insight at her forthcoming second studio album, this is Magie: For the Record.

“Why Making a Second Album?”

Because I don’t know how to do anything else but music. I was born to be a singer and making music is all I ever known for living. I always tell people that I worked so hard to try to live through music and sometimes it might sound a little bit selfish but it’s the truth. I could not be anywhere else but in a studio and just because my first attempt wasn’t so well received as anything else I have done, it would not stop me, I believe that there is room for everybody in this industry as long as if we have people listening to the music we make, obviously I won’t ever be able to please everyone, the hate will always exist, but that’s not what matters for me. So this second album was just the continuing process of me being the singer I always dreamed to be.

“What’s different?”

The sonority of this record is nostalgic, something I didn’t try with my first album, so it’s different in that aspect, I got to work with Sergey Galoyan which was one of the first producers that I worked in the past, I wanted to go back to my roots, to the music I used to make when I was 20 years old and he was a big part of that music, he’s Russian so I traveled to Russia just to take him back to L.A. so we could work together once again and I think he is the main responsible for the shift on the melodies of this album compared to the last one. I think the writing is still the same, the themes are always based on my complicated mind and the way I see the world and human nature in general, but there’s also a difference on that aspect too compared to my first album, I think that it’s less emotional driven, it’s more of analytic and pragmatic than any song on my first album, but the main difference in on the sound.

UserPostedImage

“How do you describe the sound of this second album?”

We bought the concept of what was ElectroDeath. Calling Sergey to work with me again was intentioned, ‘cause he was the main producer of ElectroDeath first two records and I wanted that’s sonority again. The industrial electronic music that we made, the fusion of Glam rock and progressive house is what I was trying to find, then we had the task to make it update and fresh, it’s like you take an formula or recipe and re-make it all over again, adding other flavors and that’s what we made. We added ambient sounds and other electronic music elements that are perceived when you listen the songs with headphones and I recommend the fans to do that when the album comes out. There’re a lot of surprises on each song that really makes the difference, not that they’re not perceived on speakers, but they are more intuitive on headphones. In the end we also wanted the fans to have a nostalgic sensation on some of the songs, like the single “Outcome” which also names the record, it has a sample of “Don’t Regret” a song from ElectroDeath’s first album.

“Now that you mentioned Outcome, why dos it name the album and what about the themes of the songs of it?

Outcome is the exactly moment when we wait the next turn, the next big moment, that’s why I named the album to this song, because it not only summarizes the other themes this album has, but also because I wanted a strong word to describe what this album means to me, to my career, I’ve been working so hard my entire life for this dream to be a singer and I never felt like this before, like this album will be the next ‘move’ for me, I was waiting for something to change me or things surrounding me, but then I realized that I should be the force to make things different for this time. So the songs are very self-analytic, I’m analyzing everything that happened with me in this past year, the changes I’ve seen, you know, I’m turning 30 this year, it’s a big deal for a woman to be 30 years old and all of these thoughts and fears and self-understandings are represented in the songs of this project. It’s mature and intimate but yet it’s less emotional than my first album.

The scene shifts to another performance, this time it’s for the newly released single “Outcome”, the track had a longer introduction in this performance and while the ambient electronic melody that introduces it was being played, the stage was all dark, Magie was standing behind the a pedestal with her mic on it. The moment the first verse came the lights were on and Magie was already singing the first lines of the track, her interpretation towards the words she’s singing is quite serious and powerfull, she doesn’t look like a fragile woman, she does look like a strong grown woman, she slightly smiles through the performance, most of it because of the overwhelming cheers her fans give to her, she has quite a devoted fan base, some of them old just like her, coming from her glorious ElectroDetah’s time.

UserPostedImage

The song has not a regular structure despite it has a chorus, it does sound like another verse, she remained behind the pedestal the whole performance, the lights are white and blue, it added a glam look to the performance, she was also the center of it, her thin high voice on pitch, the breath control she has it’s not surprisingly once she’s been doing this for a while, it’s expected for her a level of professionalism on her performance and she didn’t fail to bring it. Towards the end of the song, there’s a melody break which culminates being the climax of the track where all melodies come together to suddenly end in a subtle, for this last part of the performance, Magie is open armed looking to the roof while sparks fall behind her forming a curtain, the look is really stunning and it alludes the ‘burst’ which is sung during the final chorus of the track, the fans are amused by the incredible performance.
The last part of the interview it’s an intimate conversation about Magie’s private life. Magie always had a frank relationship with her fan base towards her personal life, she was always a target for paparazzi and gossip magazines, so she always tried to be the most honest she could for the safety of the trust her fans have on her. During the scenes of this last part, personal pictures of Magei and her family and friends are showed plus personal footages as well, of trips she had with her family, backstage moments with her sister and her friends such as Tisha Jackson and Cinzia Ricci and also some funny silly imagery of her chilling out with her team and meeting fans, that’s when we realize the relationship Magie has with her fans, she’s showed hugging them, laughing with them and even getting emotional with special gifts she receives from them, the last part of this special Magie talks about her foundation and footages of her working with the people she helps is revealed for the first time.

UserPostedImage

On her family…

I’m a family girl, I love my family and ever since the death of my father when I was teenager I bond with my mom and sister in a level that I can’t live without them by my side. We live together at the same house, we fight and argue a lot but that’s just how Lena’s family work, I mean, we are loud and messy people, we like to discuss and me and Magie we do that all the time, it’s funny and it’s how we show our love for each other. We’re not the type of people who often says ‘I love you’ but we do care so much about each other. Abie is on tour and that’s quite a lot of work for her, believe me, she’s a lazy girl, I call her every tow days just to ask how much hours she had slept, she gets very angry on the phone and call me a ‘Bitch’ and turns off, seconds after she calls me back and says ‘I’m only calling you back, ‘cause I want to know about my dogs’ although I know it’s a lie, she loves me. – Magie laughs widely – We’re that kind of girls, my mom is also a very frank person, she doesn’t hold anything that she have to say to you, she’s a young lady, she only 45, she started out a family with such a young age, so she’s more of elder sister for me and Abie than a mother and we love her for that because we can be frank with her as well. In the end we realize how much important family is for us, I couldn’t be the woman I am today without the support of them, I love them very much, I’m even going to tour with Abie for the first time, my mom is traveling with her while I’m working hard on this record and despite they call me everyday and we the skype conversations I can’t wait to join them on the road.

On her friends…

It’s hard to have friends in this business, most of the people want to take advantages from you, I suffered that long time ago, so now I’m very carefully on choosing my friends. I have the most incredible friends of my teenage years with me until today, they’re part of my team, they work with me and they are the people I trust the most to take care of my career. Lilly Stuart is certainly one of them, I love her so much, and I’m godmother of her eldest son, which I love so much as well, so I’m almost part of her family. Then we have some celebrities friends, believe me it’s hard to make friendships with celebrities, some of them are more of colleagues in casual meetings, but I’m fortunate to have really good friends among them, one of them obviously is Cinzia and it’s for a long time now, we often call each other, we have some dinners and parties that we causally go together which I always like, Cinzia has a fabulous taste to choose restaurants, I don’t know if it’s because she’s Italian, I’m so happy to have her friendship. I also bond with Tisha Jackson, actually me and Abie, we met her through our managers and it happened that we are now friends, we get along with each other for a few times and we have a group on whatsapp that we always comments on what’s going on in the word and even silly news about our own lives, Tisha is such fun spirited girl, you have no idea how cool is to be her friend.

On her fans…

UserPostedImage

My fans mean the world to me, they really do, I love them so much, I try to be the most dedicate I can with them, because without them none of this life would be possible and they tend to be so devoted with me, they’re always supporting me on twitter or facebook, they fight hard for me, especially with my last record where I had some criticism, they were the first to defend me and that was just so sweet. I always tried to be the most honest I could with them, I always opened my heart for them, so I try to use the social networks once in a while to update them with news about my life and of course about my music. My team always manage to have meet and greet during my performances with fans that they pick in the venue of the concert, if I could I would hug and talk with all of them, but it’s impossible to make, so we try to manage meetings with at least 40 people per show, it’s free, but some venues the fans are able to buy special tickets to get free access at the backstage of the tour, that’s something I can’t control because it’s promo packs and it’s a label’s thing, but I try to compensate their money giving them the attention they deserve too. Because in the end the reason of all this is them.

Magie has a foundation founded in 2010 when she had a huge breakdown and openly told she was suffering from a severe case of depression and addiction to anti-anxiolytic which culminated to her attempting suicide by taking a large amount of these drugs. She was admitted to a rehabilitation center and spent three months there, where she had to overcome her own struggles, themes that where incorporated into ElectroDeath’s third album by that time. The fact is that she decided to open a foundation that would work with people who suffers with depression and specially with people who attempted suicide, the majority of people who Magi’s foundation work with is age averaged 15 to 25 years old. The ‘Light a way’ foundation now has centers to all over USA and Latin America including Brazil, the people who receive help from them participate in a variety of activities and receive medical accompanying, some of them live in the institutions, especially in cases where the family of the patient abandon him or her.

UserPostedImage

Working with these people has changed me deeply, I was a person who cared so much for superficial things, like beauty and having the best that money can buy, all of that suddenly wasn’t making me feel complete and after I had a huge broke up I breakdown, all I could think of was the many ways I could kill myself and that was not heathy. But it’s in the past, after almost seven years I look back now and I see a young girl naive and emotionally hurt, I learnt to control myself in that way, I don’t take anti-anxiolytic anymore. The ‘Light a way’ foundation is something that brings to me joy and happiness, to see people recover from their own struggles, to help them to find a healthy ay for their lives, is just refreshing and spiritual, I’m so happy that after so many years we grew fast and we’re able to offer help for people who suffering the same I did.

Before the end of this special, there was one last personal question the fans and the press wanted to know, is there a man on Magie’s life? The answer is negative, but she jokes about it…

Men fear me, they always get shy when their near me, I’m the one to take the first step, so I haven’t been dating lately, otherwise you would know about, as always you know it first even than me.

UserPostedImage

Edited by user 13 January 2015 03:31:21(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

thanks 4 users thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
erich hess on 13/01/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 13/01/2015(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 19/01/2015(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 31/01/2015(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#51 Posted : 30 January 2015 22:43:25(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

UserPostedImage

Song: Outcome
Magie
Directed by: Daniel Askill
FREEDOM

The conceptual video for the top three single ‘Outcome’ was directed by Daniel Askill and it represents the spiritual state of its performer with a variety of symbolism and body expressions with a climax ending. It starts with aerial shots of a steep slope and its own rough sea while the first melodies of the track set the mood for the artistic aspects of the video, also the cameras has a dark and cold filter on it. The scene shows this immense cliff bathed by the revolting waves and on the highest ascent Magie stands wearing a blue dress, no make up looking apathetic to the infinity of the ocean in front of her.
What happens after the camera closed on her face was filmed in a single take, the performance of the first verse of the track, which consists of Magie singing the lines of the song and the camera circling around her, from up to down and from one side to another as she moves her body in the top of that cliff. The scene is quite of surreal, because no human being would be able to stand in such dangerous place writhing its own body and not falling down and this was the intention of the whole concept behind the video, Magie is trying to find a position for her to just stand, she wants the most comfortable one, but she keeps on changing each new line she sings matching the interpretation of the words she’s singing.
The chorus of the track breaks in and Magie stops moving her body and the cameras shows the revolting sea, Magie points to the horizon of that immense sea as if she was seeing something that no one else was seeing, with the sun among the clouds, she turns her head to her right sightly and as the chorus ends she resumes back moving her body and singing the second verse of the track. For this time around a thin rain starts to fall down, some heavy dark clouds cover the sky and Magie dances at the top of that cliff as if she was trying to fall down but some invisible force pulls her up. The level of technic on Magie’s dancing is really impressive, she leans her body backwards almost touching her head on the ground the same time she turn around and touches her feet with her hands. The scene is very artistic, the photograph of the video also was produced in order to give the viewers some art conception as if that whole scene was a painting in the wall of some museum.
The second chorus starts and Magie sits on the floor of the cliff, the rain vanished and her hair didn’t look wet, it was just like the rain didn’t affect her, she remains that sad apathetic look on her eyes, but a strong wind begins to blow and she finds it difficult to stand up, so she remains the first part of the chorus sit on the floor as the sky gets cleaned of the heavy dark clouds and the sun begins to shine, but its bright is blue. The final part of the last chorus starts, Magie stand up and walks to the edge of the cliff, she stops and keeps looking to the sea which now is really calm and clean, the camera still flying through the scenario now closes on her eyes raising and turning to show her back, when she finishes lip-syncing the final line of the track she jumps, the jump is in slow-motion, the water splashing as she enters the sea is very artistic conceived.
The last melodies of the track ends and in a completely silence, the video kept showing the calmly sea, until a big explosion happen and water is splash to everywhere, the explosion raises a mushroom cloud made of water, the scene is also a little brighter even though the blue tone on the scene. As the mushroom cloud vanishes, the sea gets revolting once again and all of a sudden the video cuts to black.

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Edited by user 30 January 2015 22:59:55(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

thanks 7 users thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 30/01/2015(UTC), freestylechamp on 30/01/2015(UTC), erich hess on 30/01/2015(UTC), snap_itshannah on 31/01/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 31/01/2015(UTC), GirlSpice on 31/01/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 29/04/2015(UTC)
Offline GirlSpice  
#52 Posted : 31 January 2015 22:27:27(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 7399 time(s) in 2464 post(s)
Valentina: Oooh, you lil daredevil! What a beauty of a location and a gorgeous video, tell me your secrets on how to look like a flawless goddess, puhlease?? YOU are the reason I don't do Woman Crush Wednesday's on Twitter, kinda cuz it'd just be you every week... sorry I'm gettin creepy now, bye.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
thanks 1 user thanked GirlSpice for this useful post.
Andre Gandra on 01/02/2015(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#53 Posted : 01 February 2015 00:34:51(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

Originally Posted by: GirlSpice Go to Quoted Post
Valentina: Oooh, you lil daredevil! What a beauty of a location and a gorgeous video, tell me your secrets on how to look like a flawless goddess, puhlease?? YOU are the reason I don't do Woman Crush Wednesday's on Twitter, kinda cuz it'd just be you every week... sorry I'm gettin creepy now, bye.

Magie: Thank you sweetie, Believe me, music videos make us look gorgeous, but 70% of all that beauty are make up and special effects ;)
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

Offline Andre Gandra  
#54 Posted : 16 April 2015 08:32:27(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

UserPostedImage

Written by: Magie Lena
Produced by: Sergey Galoyan
Genre: Ambient, Trip Hop
Format: Digital, Airplay, Stream
Length: 3:50

The official third single of Magie’s second studio album is the song entitled ‘I’ll always be here waiting’. After having release two very successful singles to promote the record, Magie decided to release a third song as she gets ready for her first headlining world tour, still not the biggest tour she was used to perform but she’s going solo this time traveling the world with her own crew and team of dancers.
The track is a fusion of Trip Hop and Ambient sounds but also it has elements of oriental music performed by instruments such as Mandolin and flutes. Opening the track there’s an electronic synth beat progressively growing, later comes a flute riff and soon after the trip hop drum and bass sequence starts setting a relaxing mood to the track. Magie is on her field as for her vocal performance, she’s singing it in a high key tone with a little husky on her voice at the end of each line. Other elements of the track, are performed by electric guitar, keyboards and ambient sounds, when the first chorus starts, the guitar get heavy and rock ‘n roll driven, Magie’s vocal receives backing efforts and so a Glam Rock style can be subtly perceived. The sae structure of verses and chorus repeats with a little variation on Magie’s singing style and so after some minutes the track enters on its hook, where the oriental and ambient elements fused with trip hop shines over Magie’s vocalizing. The track slows down to a piano riff and Magie’s last verses sung, until the last chorus comes and ends the track in this mid-tempo rock fusion until it vanishes.
The lyrics of the track is about waiting for its love interest or for the person who’s loving and it’s not near you, it could be a friend, a family member or a boyfriend, it’s up to listeners interpretations. But also Magie is talking about a craving that burns on her heart and the lonely nights of her looking at the sky and wishing to fly away to meet this person, so perhaps this person already passed away, it’s a sad theme but there’s also a sensation of meditation in the inner lines of the track, even more evident because of the mantra sort of like instrumentation of the track.
The single is going to be available for airplay and streaming, but also it will receive a digital release, different from Magie’s previous single ‘Outcome’ which was only released digitally. A music video was shot in Chile at the desert, it will premiere on Vevo next Sunday. Magie is rehearsing for a world tour, she’ll be announcing next April 25th, the world tour will travel Europe, USA, Asia and South America, it will focus on small venues other than big arenas.

Lyrics

I saw a star glowing in the void of the night
Its light reflected in my eyes
And then my heart's craving start to burn
I wish you were here, my love

I'll wait to see you again
I'll always be here waiting

It’s such a duality sensation
Finding my limitation
But it’s a tenderness reminds me of you
Then I’m sure you’ll comeback soon

At dawn I wished to fly away to that star
So far away and further far
But these concerns hold me feet on the ground
And you’re the only one who can take me up

Sounds Like
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

thanks 7 users thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 16/04/2015(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 16/04/2015(UTC), snap_itshannah on 16/04/2015(UTC), erich hess on 16/04/2015(UTC), freestylechamp on 16/04/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 19/04/2015(UTC), kandii on 01/06/2015(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#55 Posted : 16 April 2015 12:22:51(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Was thanked: 17932 time(s) in 10423 post(s)
Erich: magie is always so....passionate and emotional. If I wrote a song about waiting for someone,it would be as well written as, " I'm waiting for you. Where are you?". Also,this is a VERY busy song. Wot,with all the instruments and all. But magie wrangles them in. Probably because you don't fuck around with a woman in a belly baring shirt and a falcon. You just don't.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
Andre Gandra on 16/04/2015(UTC)
Offline TishaJackson!!!!  
#56 Posted : 16 April 2015 12:29:33(UTC)
TishaJackson!!!!

Was thanked: 1323 time(s) in 638 post(s)
Tisha: I wanna work with you again!

OOC: Artwork is great!
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

thanks 1 user thanked TishaJackson!!!! for this useful post.
Andre Gandra on 16/04/2015(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#57 Posted : 16 April 2015 23:55:26(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

Originally Posted by: erich hess Go to Quoted Post
Erich: magie is always so....passionate and emotional. If I wrote a song about waiting for someone,it would be as well written as, " I'm waiting for you. Where are you?". Also,this is a VERY busy song. Wot,with all the instruments and all. But magie wrangles them in. Probably because you don't fuck around with a woman in a belly baring shirt and a falcon. You just don't.

Magie: That Falcon is real, I was really scared at first but when it lended in my arm I was feeling really confident, you have to try it Erich.

Originally Posted by: TishaJackson!!!! Go to Quoted Post
Tisha: I wanna work with you again!

OOC: Artwork is great!

Magie: We're going to work together again, for sure!

OOC: Thanks, I think Shakira is perfect on that picture.
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

Offline Andre Gandra  
#58 Posted : 29 April 2015 02:10:02(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

UserPostedImage

The I'll Always be Here Waiting world tour is the first concert tour and first international tour by Brazilian born recording artist Magie Lena in support of two solo studio albums, Remember me (2014) and Outcome (2015). The tour will travel across North America, Europe, and Latin America. It will begin on May 14, 2015 in Paris, France and will conclude on October 12, 2015 in San Juan, Puerto Rico.

On January 12, 2015, about a week later the release of "Outcome", the second single from Outcome (The album 2015), Lena confirmed plans of a tour in support of the upcoming album on her MTV for the Record Special. Although before she started her first headlining world tour, she would again support her sister Abie Lena on her Immortals World Tour, however Lena also stated that she had signed her tour contract and would be visiting continents other than North America.

From February 16 'till March 22, Magie was the opening act for her sister on Europe leaving the last city of the leg in Sweden, these dates serving as a warm up for what is coming next on Magie Lena's career. She then, traveled back to L.A. where she spent the rest of March and April rehearsing for her first headlining tour, the show will be a classic pop opera concert, not so extravagant compared to what Magie was used to perform during her ElectroDeath times, but it will focus on vocal performances and dancing, Magie said "My fans want to me sing and dance, no matter how many costume changes or video projection this tour will have, they wait for me to shake my ass off and give a good vocal performance, so that’s in what the tour will focus. I have also a lot of material to sing, two albums and some old songs everyone wants to listen to, the fans will be amused!” Supporting acts for the tour are going to be local DJs and singers; the tour is going to be sponsored by Live Nation and FREEDOM.

Europe

May 14, Paris France Zénith de Paris Rixton
May 15, Paris France Zénith de Paris Rixton
May 19, Berlin Germany Max-Schmeling-Halle
May 21, Stockholm Sweden Ericsson Globe
May 22, Oslo Norway Oslo Spektrum
May 25, Milan Italy Mediolanum Forum
May 28, Amsterdam Netherlands Ziggo Dome
May 29, Amsterdam Netherlands Ziggo Dome
June 1, London England The O2 Arena
June 4, Manchester England Manchester Arena
June 8, Glasgow Scotland The SSE Hydro
June 9, Birmingham England Barclaycard Arena
June 12, Antwerp Belgium Lotto Arena
June 13, Cologne Germany Lanxess Arena
June 16, Barcelona Spain Palau Sant Jordi

North America

July 16, Tampa United States Amalie Arena Prince Royce
July 18, Sunrise United States BB&T Center
July 21, Charlotte United States Time Warner Cable Arena
July 23, Louisville United States KFC Yum! Center
July 25, Washington DC United States Verizon Center
July 26, Hershey United States Hersheypark Stadium
July 29, Philadelphia United States Wells Fargo Center
July 31, Albany United States Times Union Center
August 2, Uncasville United States Mohegan Sun Arena
August 4, Manchester United States Verizon Wireless Arena
August 6, Montreal Canada Bell Centre
August 7, Ottawa Canada Canadian Tire Centre
August 9, Toronto Canada Air Canada Centre
August 29, Las Vegas United States Mandalay Bay Events Center
August 31, Fresno United States Save Mart Center
September 2, Boise United States Taco Bell Arena
September 4, Portland United States Moda Center
September 6, Sacramento United States Sleep Train Arena
September 8, Mountain View United States Shoreline Amphitheatre
September 9, Chula Vista United States Sleep Train Amphitheatre
September 11, Los Angeles United States Staples Center
September 18, Houston United States Toyota Center
September 20, Birmingham United States Legacy Arena at the BJCC

Latin America

September 22, Lima Peru Jockey Club
September 25, São Paulo Brazil Allianz Arena
September 27, Rio de Janeiro Brazil Parque dos Atletas
September 29, Curitiba Brazil Pedreira Paulo Leminski
October 3, Buenos Aires Argentina Hipodromo de Palermo
October 6, Santiago Chile Pista Atletica
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

thanks 2 users thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
snap_itshannah on 30/04/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 30/04/2015(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#59 Posted : 30 April 2015 04:13:58(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

UserPostedImage

Song: I'll always be here waiting
Magie
Directed by: Jaume de laiguana
FREEDOM

A caravan is crossing the desert on their camels; they are wandering in the middle of the afternoon as the sun above their heads is hot and bright. The intro melodies of the song is playing the same time these three man in this caravan are looking for an Oasis or any other place than that terrible and dry desert. The video has two main segments, the one with the caravan which consists of a story and the other one which is Magie walking towards the camera while a big sky is behind her the same time she lip-sync the songs lines.

UserPostedImage

As the afternoon passes, the sun goes down and the night arrives in the desert, the men in the caravan are worried because of the cold temperature of the night and they had wandered the whole day looking for water but they didn’t find anything, so their thirst got worse at night.
They found a place to spend the night, where they set up their tend and trying to sleep while the stars in the sky begin to shine brighter than the regular, awakening them. Outside their tend they see the brightest stars shinning above the others and so they decide to follow that star, because it’s bright was undeniably comfortable to look at. On their camels, once again they travel in the midst of the night, following the star in the sky. The scene keeps on interchanging to Magie’s lip-syncing the song’s lines in another scene.

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

The night was ending and the morning sun was raising in the desert, men in the caravan spend the whole night following that star, but now with this morning light the star was vanishing due to the suns intensity, but suddenly a falcon started to fly over their heads, while they couldn’t understand why that falcon was flying above them. So one of these men took out of his pocket a small Tarot card of a God, which comes to be the Mother Nature, obviously this Goddess has the face of Magie, this men then looked at the little paper and closed its eyes, in order to understand the Mother’s Nature signs, and suddenly they all knew that they should follow the Falcon.

UserPostedImage

Suddenly the Falcon was gone, they found themselves alone again, but now worst than they were, because they didn’t sleep or either rested for sometime, they arrived at a place with a three, but no water or any other part of the Oasis they were looking for, but suddenly an intense blue light started to shine and their hope was back, imagining that the blue light belong to the Mother’s Nature, although she didn’t appear. But their lives were saved, because an Oasis appeared in that place, they now could rest and fill their canteens and most important, know that their faith in Mother’s Nature was not in vain.

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

The last scene of the video, shows the caravan enjoying the Magical Oasis, while they drink water, rest in the grass and admire the beautiful landscape, the Falcon appears flying above them again, they all look to the majestic bird as it flies way to land on its owner hands, the video ends with Magie holding her Falcon while she looks to the horizon where the caravan is enjoying her magical Oasis, she slightly smiles to the camera and the video ends.

UserPostedImage

Edited by user 02 July 2015 23:07:23(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

thanks 2 users thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
snap_itshannah on 30/04/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 30/04/2015(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#60 Posted : 14 July 2015 02:38:35(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

UserPostedImage

Writer(s): Magie Lena, Lilly Stuart, ElectroLightz
Producer(s): Sergey Galoyan, Magie Lena, ElectroLightz
Genre: Dance pop
Formats: Digital, Airplay, Streaming
Length: 3:15
Release: July 19th

“Try the Lucky” is a song recorded by Brazilian singer Magie for her second studio album, Outcome (2015). It was written by Magie Lena, Lilly Stuart and ElectroLightz, whom also produced the song alongside with Russian producer Sergey Galoyan. After the release of “I’ll always be here Waiting” single which also coincided with the announcement of the same named world tour, Magie had been away from twitter and Facebook, until she announced a couple of weeks ago that they would be releasing a fourth single of her most recent album.

During the production of this record, Magie tried to go back to her musical roots by contracting Russian producer Sergey Galoyan who co-executive produced the entire record alongside with Magie. She also called her ex-girl band mate Lilly Stuart to write with her ending with additional production and writing finalization by ElectroLightz whom also are old friends and producers of the ElectroDeath Team cop. Which is a management and production team who take care of careers like mISTER_b and Abie Lena.

It is a dance pop and future pop influenced song that features infectious beats and adorable choruses. The drum sequence takes reference from electronic industrial music mixed with electropop turned into a future pop fast tempo tune. The lyrics of "Try the Lucky" has Magie singing about losing pragmatically and logically, expressing the desire to let the occasional situations take charge of her life instead of her always have thoughts about what to do and when to do. The song received mixed to positive reviews from critics. Some praised it for being lyrically clever and praised its choruses, while others dismissed the effected vocals and continuous drums. The song will hit radios and digital markets next Sunday while it is already free to stream.

Talking about the track, Magie revealed that it is strictly personal to herself by saying that “I always had this struggle with myself on what to do and how to do. It feels like I have to measure the consequences and all of the possible failures and success of my actions, then I'm always thinking and trying to figure out the best way possible to keep up with my objectives and that's not a bad way to live your life, but sometimes, you really have to give a chance to somethings that aren't so controlled and super analyzed. So Try the Lucky brings that perception I had while I was making this record, I was truly trying to not have a plan, I was trying to get caught by the moment, so that’s how some of these songs came out, it was me and Sergey at the studio finding that occasional situation that would lead into a song like this, and it is so cool that it bought me to the original sound I once used to make.”

Magie currently performs the track on her “I’ll always be here waiting” world tour, in a medley with the track “Apathy”. An accompanying music video for the song, directed by Antony Mandler, will premiere one week after the official digital and airplay release of the track.

Lyrics

These thoughts repressing me
Form a swirl of inconclusive ideas
Threaten my sanity
Transforming doubts in terrifying fears

It is time to relieve
Time to let the lucky (come in)
Put myself at its mercy
Stop the logic and try the lucky

Refute the arguing of my mind
I never had all the answers anyway
Sometimes we have to walk like blind
Than seeing the same stones on the way

It sounds like a big cliché
‘Cause it’s easy to act deliberately
And even though I try to be different
Life can be fun inconsequently

It is time to relieve
Put myself at its mercy

It is time to relieve
Put myself at its mercy

Try the lucky…

Sounds Like

Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

thanks 5 users thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
freestylechamp on 14/07/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 14/07/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 14/07/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 17/07/2015(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 17/07/2015(UTC)