logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Andre Gandra  
#1 Posted : 23 March 2014 07:42:55(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 3513 time(s) in 1683 post(s)
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

Released: MAY 1st, 2014
Recorded: June 2012 – January 2014
Genre: Electropop, Dubstep, Hi-NRG, Disco, new wave, Techno, pop, House, Synth pop, R&B, electrofolk
Length: 63 minutes
Label: FREEDOM
Producer(s): mISTER_b (Drake Anthony), ElectroLightz (Carlos White, David White and Michelle White), Magie Lena, Nevaeh Martinez, Will Rocca, The Vibrant (Dylan Olsen), ElectroLightz (Carlos White, David White and Michelle White)
Writer(s): Magie Lena, mISTER_b (Drake Anthony), Lilly Stuart, ElectroLightz (Carlos White, David White and Michelle White), Tisha Jackson, Abie Lena,
Executive Producer(s): mISTER_b (Drake Anthony), Magie Lena

The debut album by singer/songwriter Magie Lena will be out next march 30th! It took almost two years to be completed amongst so many delays and conceptual conflicts publically revealed by Magie. The album will come with 15 original songs plus two bonus tracks which come to be two singles Magie released a last year in one of her attempts to launch her solo career. It will be publish and distributed by FREEDOM where Magie just signed a recording deal.
The album’s first single was released last week and debuted under the top10 on both digital and airplay charts. It features the iconic R&B singer Tisha Jackson and its music video generated an immense buzz on the internet due to its sexy scenes, most of them performed by both singers caressing each other. There’s another collaboration on the album in a song called “Lie to me” and this time a man was choose to feature vocals with Magie, the singer Elyar. Producer credits belongs mainly to Magie and Anthony Drake (aka mISTER_b), but also Magie worked with ElectroDeath team formed by the trio ElectroLightz (Carlos White, David White and Michelle White), Lilly Stuart (former ElectroDeath mate) and her sibling, The Vibrant (Dylan Olsen), this last one only took credits on production of the songs, another two producers who comes to actually be part of FREEDOM, is Nevaeh Martinez and Will Rocca.
Sonically the album is a mix of a variety of electronic genres such as the classical house beats to the postmodern electro folk. The first song appears to be something between the electropop and the dubstep, especially because of the use of the wobbler effect, other track son the album with some sort of dubstep influence are “Witch’s season” and “Like a Stone”. The maily influenced Disco track of the album comes to be “Children of Eros” but also “Party hard, party crazy” brings some Hi-NRG and new wave elements for the record. Moving on to the house beats, we have strong tunes for dance clubs like “There comes the queen”, “Equality”, “Home” and “Better Alone”, mainly composed of House beats but each one brings with some specific elements of the electronic music. The only mainly representative of Techno is the surreal “Coven”. Moving on to ballads, they are heavily influenced by R&B and they circle around mid tempo tracks such as “Make me whole”, “Like a stone” and “Lie to me” to the slower ones like “Remember me”, “Look Away” and “Behind the Glass”. To end the track listing comes two bonus tracks, released as singles last year as an attempt of Magie trying to release her solo career, they are “Identity” and “Make my walk”.
Themes of the songs are as varied as its melodies. Magie mainly talks about her personal feelings and struggles, but there are songs like “B!tch is Back” who appears to talk about superficial subjects. But the mainly songs of her album talk about break up, loneliness, social injustices, self-understanding, personal themes who reflects Magie’s actual personality. Other songs can also speak about religion, in this case the Wicca cult, but also there are random songs that talks about sex, drugs, fame and money. The name of the record is also the name of the last track of it standard edition, “Remember me” which lyrically can reflect all the themes sung ion the album, Magie explained before about the name of the album by saying: “The name is what it is, I mean literally – short pause – I’ve been trying hard to make this debut an impact one, I’m working hard on those songs and I’ve struggle in the past, so in my mind I was thinking about, will people still remember me? Do I still have fans? All those questions that make sense for someone like me who experienced stardom in the past, it’s hard to deal with so many insecurities and doubts. Even though we’re celebrities, we’re human beings too and I fear not to succeed this time around, I feel like I need to prove myself. So Remember me reflects that aspect of my state of mind”.
Initial production of the record started in 2012, one year after Magie disbanded ElectroDeath, by that time she was worried about what direction she would pursuit in her career till she finally announced that she would rather choose to keep her electronic roots. The first attempt to release an album was last year, where she had just signed a deal with Liberation / Nomad Record and both singles “Make my walk” and “Identity” were released to promote the album which would be called as “Identity”. Too few is known of that record and how it would sound, but rumors that Magie was going to a R&B and Latin way sonically, that was an idea of her Manager, the same who used to manage ElectroDeath. It also seemed that the record was almost finished when Magie found out that the songs she had been worked on didn’t represent the way she wanted to be seen in the industry, so she fired her manager and hired Lilly Stuart’s husband Marcos Stuart, the man behind names such as Abie Lena, Julia Volkova and more recently mISTER_b. This cancelation also generated an uncomfortable relationship between Magie and Liberation / Nomad. So rather than continue in the roster of the label, Magie decided to found her way out of the label. She paid a quite amount of money to relapse her contract with the label.
So she hired Marcos and both started out to full time work on the construction of Magie’s solo career, now Magie was finally being managed by ElectroDeath team and the works on her solo album resumed. Halfway in the works of the album, Macos was searching for a label to support the release, by that time the song with Tisha Jackson was already recorded and Tisha was the main reason Magie was arranged to sign with FREEDOM.
Almost one year and a half after Magie’s first attempt, she finally had an album that represented her as an artist she wanted to be seen. The album will receive a only standard version with 17 tracks, two of them being bonus tracks.

Track listing

1. B!tch is Back (Featuring Tisha Jackson)
2. Party Hard, Party Crazy
3. Children of Eros
4. Witch’s Season
5. Coven
6. Make me Whole
7. Behind the Glass
8. There comes the Queen
9. Home
10. Better Alone
11. Like a Stone
12. Lie to Me (Featuring Elyar Black)
13. Equality
14. Look Away
15. Remember Me
Bonus Tracks
16. Make my Walk
17. Identity

Edited by user 02 May 2014 08:20:03(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

I was gone for a while, but I'm back (not that you care about LOL)
thanks 9 users thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 23/03/2014(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 23/03/2014(UTC), GirlSpice on 23/03/2014(UTC), BrownSugar on 23/03/2014(UTC), snap_itshannah on 23/03/2014(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 24/03/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 24/03/2014(UTC), kandii on 05/04/2014(UTC), erich hess on 02/05/2014(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#2 Posted : 24 March 2014 01:20:01(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

UserPostedImage

Song: B!tch is Back
Written By: Magie Lena, Lilly Stuart, ElectroLightz (Carlos White, David White and Michelle White), Tisha Jackson
Produced by: mISTER_b (Drake Anthony), ElectroLightz (Carlos White, David White and Michelle White)
Genre: Electropop, Dubstep
Length: 2:55
Vocal Feature: Tisha Jackson

BACKGROUND

Starting with Wobbler effects prominent of dubstep which, consists of deep oscillating bass, the track kicks off the record giving the listeners a dark and intimate feeling. Quickly when Magie starts to sing the first verse of it, an electropop drum sequence line comes along, closer to the chorus of the track other effects are added to the track making it sound a little industrial but still pop and radio friendly.
The verses are sung in some sort of a hip hop style, so the urban influence is heavily noticed due to that. Magie sounds breathy and low key, the high notes of the track consists of falsettos when it is ending, Tisha sounds just as Magie but her pitch is a little bit higher than Magie and she is clearly the responsible for the urban influence the song has.
The song is a jam in its full form, drums and bass sets the dark mood tuning it into a club tune, other effects in the singers’ voices, consists of echoes, blenders and in some parts their pitch is changed to a masculine tone.
Additional backing vocals are also performed by Magie and Tisha, overall the track might sound a little unusual, but it’s innovative in a way. It’s not like any other generic electropop song in the mainstream, it has a bit of urban concept which makes it sound futuristic and remarkable.
The song is about pursuing fame no matter what both singers have to do to achieve it. It can reflects in the way Magie decided to launch her solo career, she said in some interview that this time she’ll be outrageous in a way that people will pay attention to her. Some lines in the track describes that: “If I flip my hair like this/Will you be cheering over me?/If I get naked and wet, wet/Will you be still buying me?”. The track also talks about a strong woman as if she is the one who’s gonna bring the sexy back, referring to what Magie wants to reflect with her work, Tisha adds such a personality to the track by singing those lines. Towards the end of the track, the real intentions are revealed: “Rich and famous it’s who I wanna be/A fame hooker made of plastic/It’s all about having a big booty/No one cares about your inner beauty”.

MAGIE COMMENTS

I choose this track to be the lead single of the album, because I think it brings something fresh to the mainstream without losing the commercial appeal. It’s urban and it’s dubstep too which I praise Drake for producing it, he’s been working on with so many artists recently and he’s grown up as a musician since I used to work with him back in 2010, also he kind of develop a relationship with ElectroLightz, I used to call them the fantastic four. Be able to work with this team, with the team behind ElectroDeath is like keeping the dream alive, I fought so hard for that band and to see that half of people behind it are still together and working with the same ethics we developed back then, it’s the best feeling ever. This song reflects the wish I have to pursuit fame, I cannot lie to anyone, as long as I’ll be able to sing, I’ll be pursuing that number one, no matter what I’ll have to do and if I fail this time, I’ll try it again and again.

LYRICS

Magie
Tisha
Both

Open up the drapes
I’m gonna show you how to shake
The crowd anticipates
But they’re not ready for my shape
Outstanding among the mob
Turn the cameras for my shots
I’m the great act
Now it’s mine your stare

The stage is my home
I’ll put on a big show
We’re in a world tour, tour, tour
They come to see me
They all love me
When I premiere,y ou’ll be watchin’ and callin’

That bitch is back, she’s back
Back, back
That bicth is really back
She’s back, back, back
Bitch is back

So if you feel heat
You’ll be with her creed
She’s been gone
But she’s finally back, bitch is back
Bitch is back, back, back
Bitch is back,
She’s back, back, back
Bitch is back

If I flip my hair like this
Will you be cheering over me?
If I get naked and wet, wet
Will you be still buying me?
I’m just tryin’ to make some money
Don’t really care about if it’s funny
Tell me, what makes you horny?

The stage is my home
I’ll put on a big show
We’re in a world tour, tour, tour
They come to see me
They all love me
When I premiere,y ou’ll be watchin’ and callin’

Back, back
She’s back, back, back
Bitch is back

So if you feel heat
You’ll be with her creed
She’s been gone
Bitch is back,
She’s back, back, back
Bitch is back

Rich and famous it’s who I wanna be
A fame hooker made of plastic
It’s all about having a big booty
No one cares about your inner beauty

Bitch is back…
Fame Hooker

Back, back
She’s back, back, back
Bitch is back

So if you feel heat
You’ll be with her creed
She’s been gone
Bitch is back,
She’s back, back, back
Bitch is back

SOUNDS LIKE

Edited by user 24 March 2014 03:54:36(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

thanks 5 users thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
AmyJayneXoX on 24/03/2014(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 24/03/2014(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 24/03/2014(UTC), GirlSpice on 24/03/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 24/03/2014(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#3 Posted : 24 March 2014 02:56:12(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

UserPostedImage

Song: Party hard, Party Well
Written By: Magie Lena, Lilly Stuart
Produced by: mISTER_b (Drake Anthony), Will Rocca, The Vibrant (Dylan Olsen)
Genre: bubblegum pop, HI-NRG
Length: 3:45

BACKGROUND

The second track of the album is a bubblegum pop song with Hi-NRG elements. It starts with breathy vocalizing effects followed by bass line and clap drum sequence. The track has a complex structure with a lot of elements used on electronic music from the 90s. Magie sounds super effected, her voice is changed in a variety of mixers and blenders.
The melody of the track is set to some piano notes added on its chorus, where additional backing vocals accompany Magie’s voice. Magie does other vocal exercises on the track, especially after its choruses where she adds a “bun bun bun bada di bun bun” accompanied only by the clap drum sequence gicing the song an angelic sort of “have fun” sensation.
It’s an elaborated pop track, produced by mISTER_b (Drake Anthony), Will Rocca, The Vibrant (Dylan Olsen), this also marks the first time Drake is working with Will Rocca, dismissing the media “empathy” created between these two genius. The Hi-NRG influence of the tarck is clarified on its bridge when a beat sequence is added to the track and Magie’s voice raise to a falsetto.
Written by Magie and Lilly Stuart, the lyrics are as fun as its beats and it doesn’t talk about heavy subjects but just a time on the camp with a bunch of friends. Magie says that her friends are just like her and they all want to have fun and to be together, she emphasizes some drinking that might happen while she’s with her friends, but the goal of the track is to amplify that friendship has to be fun and innocent.
It’s a drastic change from the previous track of the record, it is more of a sweet tune after the heavy impacting first track. The sexiness is still within this track in lines such as “If you think you can handle the pressure/Come join us in our leisure/Don’t forget your sleeping bag/I can sleep with you my friend”.

MAGIE COMMENT

This one captures in the most beautiful way, what is like to party with your friends. I simply love everything in this song, the sweet Bubblegum pop beats and the lyrics, it’s so sweet and cool and fun to listen to. It’s the first time I worked with Will Rocca and I wish I had worked with him before, when we approached him to join the project he brought something fresh to the studio. People can be so mean nowadays, Drake released his album and comparisons started to blow in the internet, as if he and Will were enemies. But the fact is that they didn’t know each other personally, till they worked together in this album. This song summarizes the spirit we used to have while we were working in the studio. We were at this big party, having fun and partying well, this phrase actually is a phrase that Dylan (The Vibrant) frequently says and we borrow his phrase, he uses to say: “Paty Hard, Party fine, Party Crazy, Party well” when he’s performing as a DJ, he helped produce the song too. I wish people will dance to this track when they’re with their friends, together and as the same.

LYRICS

Packaging stuff
For a weekend in the camp
Grab some beers to get drunk till the sunlight
Bloody Mary as breakfast
Aspirins for the head
We’ll be partying up again, till the sunlight

Packaging stuff
For a weekend in the camp
Grab some beers to get drunk till the sunlight
Bloody Mary as breakfast
Aspirins for the head
We’ll be partying up again, till the sunlight

(I’m with my friends) All pretty and engaged
(We party hard) we party safe, we party well
(We party hard, we nonstop)
(I’m with my friends) Together we all look the same
(We party Hard) we party well, we party crazy
(We party crazy, we party cheesy)

Burst of adrenaline
The other day, insulin
Make your body breathe for the sunlight
Feel the energy
Like my bro’ mISTER_b
Getting sick as the beat burst the sunlight

If you think you can handle the pressure
Come join us in our leisure
Don’t forget your sleeping bag
I can sleep with you my friend

Gimme, gimme more
Gimme more
Gimme love
I just wanna have fun, till the rise of the next sun
You may enjoy the route
I’ll dream just like you

If you think you can handle the pressure
Come join us in our leisure
Don’t forget your sleeping bag
I can sleep with you my friend

SOUNDS LIKE

Edited by user 24 March 2014 03:56:23(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

AmyJayneXoX on 24/03/2014(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 24/03/2014(UTC), GirlSpice on 24/03/2014(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 24/03/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 24/03/2014(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#4 Posted : 24 March 2014 03:46:38(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

UserPostedImage

Song: Children of Eros
Written By: Magie Lena, Lilly Stuart, Abie Lena, Michele White (ElectroLightz)
Produced by: mISTER_b (Drake Anthony), ElectroLightz (Carlos White, David White and Michelle White), The Vibrant (Dylan Olsen)
Genre: Disco, Euro Trance
Length: 3:45

BACKGROUND

Keeping the gloomy tone of the record, comes the inspirational third track, entitled “Children of Eros”. It’s another change on the style of the overall sound the album showed so far, now Magie works with Disco music and Euro Trance beats. Staring loud and fast-tempo, the track has a little long introduction part, where an Euro Trance beat plays in low key as if it would be playing in some Germany nightclub. When there’s the addion of a disco drum sequence that’s when Magie drops the first lines of the track. Other elements presented on the elaborated track are piano, disco influenced bass line and three vocal ranges performed by Magie all combined to form one singing style.
Songs in the record are being so much elaborated, producers worked hard to make the tracks of this project sound exuberant and epic and “Children of Eros” is no difference on that. It has such an inspirational feeling on its melodies and in the way Magie interprets it, also it is extremely sexy, not as appealing as “Bitch is Back” but it is very smooth and sexy.
Lyrically the song alludes the reference of Eros. Eros is the son of Aphrodite refred as the god of sexual desire and love on Greek mythology. Magie talks about her sexual desires and wishes as a strong female who doesn’t fear to talk about intimate aspects of her sexual life in lines like: “Just breathe into my fantasies / Cause this, shows me that you’re truly in love” other aspects of its lyrics is basically about love. Magie is clearly talking about one true love and the way this love is reflected on their own sex, towards the end of the track Magie free sings some lines where she says: “I need you / You need me / We’re Children / Of god Eros / Yeah, Yeah”.
Production credits go again to Drake, the ElectroLightz trio and The Vibrant, main songwriting belongs to Magie and her sibling Abie with additional writing by Lilly Stuart and Michele White (female producer of trio ElectrLightz).

MAGIE COMMENT

This is a feminine song, it is about the feminine side of being sexually in love with another person. It was all written by girls and I like the way it embraces what love can represents for the woman’s sexual perspective, we like to feel safe to feel sexy, to feel in love and this song is about that. Also I play with the analogy of being children of Eros, who I think links the sexual love aspects to religion. Drake produced this one too with ElectroLiths and Dylan, I like the Euro Disco sort of style that this song has. It’s gloomy and it can be played in a nightclub with lots of fake fog and blue deem lights. It’s so sexy and smooth and I like the two different aspects it has. The vocals production belongs to Electrloghtz and I praise them, because they had this idea of three different keys being mixed to form a single tone, it added so much personality to the song, I love this one, hopefully it will turn out into a single sometime.

LYRICS

I’m burning up while you touch my skin
Please kiss my lips
And scratch my cheek
Lick my tongue

We’re in a tidal wave of love
Don’t need to say any of the three words
Just breathe into my fantasies
Cause this, shows me that you’re truly in love

(Lying in this bed for over three nights now
Looking at each other while the roof turns around)

You took my fear and made it disappear
There’s nothing in the world could make me feel happier
Inside this bedroom we shared our deepest secrets
We’re children, We’re children
We’re children of Eros

Your hands touch me and take me to heaven
I wanted be inside this sheet forever
You hold me like if you wanted to get inside my heart
We’re children of Eros

You have your way to conquer me
Just takes one look so I’ll believe
You’re my missing piece

Caressing me as if I was a flower petal
Unlocking me and knowing me well
Smelling my neck making me shiver
I can only wish this will linger

Lying in this bed for over three nights now
Looking at each other while the roof turns around

We’re children of Eros

I wanted be inside these sheets forever
We’re children of Eros

I want you just by my side
(I want you to be forever mine)
I want your love for life
(I want you to be forever mine)
I need you right by my side

Lying in this bed for over three nights now
Looking at each other while the roof turns around

We’re children of Eros

I wanted be inside these linens forever
We’re children of Eros

I need you
You need me
We’re Children
Of God Eros
Yeah, Yeah

SOUNDS LIKE

Edited by user 24 March 2014 03:55:31(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

AmyJayneXoX on 24/03/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 24/03/2014(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 25/03/2014(UTC), GirlSpice on 26/03/2014(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 29/03/2014(UTC)
Offline Princess_Valentine  
#5 Posted : 24 March 2014 10:01:15(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 2517 time(s) in 1482 post(s)
Kourtney: Aww man 2014 is becoming one of my favorite years of my life. So much beautiful music being made and I just find it quite refreshing. So can't wait to hear the rest of your wonderful album Magie. :)

Ooc: Lovely job so far. :D
DominicBrown|LeslieNielsen|LexiMarieTaylor|JordanSnow|AllyHansen|AriaKingsley

thanks 1 user thanked Princess_Valentine for this useful post.
Andre Gandra on 24/03/2014(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#6 Posted : 25 March 2014 00:12:57(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

UserPostedImage

Song: Witch’s Season
Written By: Magie Lena, Lilly Stuart, Abie Lena
Produced by: mISTER_b (Drake Anthony), The Vibrant (Dylan Olsen), Will Rocca
Genre: Dubstep, Synthpop
Length: 3:37

BACKGROUND

Violins set the start for this track. Still in a gloomy tone previously created by the first three songs of the record, this dubstep tune comes to add a fantasy taste to the yet gloomy, smooth and dark tone of the record. It is almost sultry and it has a surreal theme. This is very usual Drake (mISTER_b) track, it comes from the time where he used to produce ElectroDeath. The use of low key beats and burbling bass is such a thing he’s been doing ever since he started out as a producer. Additional production on the track comes from The Vibrant (Dylan Olsen) this young boy produced Magie vocals and yet transformed it into several textures with the use of blenders and mixers. The unexpected aspect of the track probably is that Will Rocca worked on the violins and the synth beats of the track, it makes it a good mixed electronic track.
There’s no doubt the track is such a fantasy dream of Magie Lena’s world, it was written by herself and her sibling, Abie Lena with additional writing belonging to Lilly Stuart. It is about WICCA or witchcraft as you want to call, it does not have another subject, it can be could feature as a soundtrack in some Disney fairytale too. It is about a ceremony that a coven does to bond their magical circle, so they’ll be referred as “one single person” despite usually a circle is formed of twelve people. Magie sings “Tonight we’re witches / Blessed by the dark / Tonight we’re witches / Bond our circle for life” which describes when that type of ceremony happen, usually at midnight in a very dark night with few stars, other lines of the track “The ancient learnings / Will make you understand” also refers the ceremony, where the oldest member of the circle minister the ceremony as he or she must share the elders secrets and their book of shadows.
The album seems to change its subject after this track, it still keeps the dark tone, but the sexy orientation clearly started in its first three tracks are changed to a more spiritual and self-recognition intonation. As much as “Witch’s Season” might sound sexy and sultry, it differs so much from “Children of Eros”, the second one being a little over the edge of the human beings reality.

MAGIE COMMENTS

Like I said before, the album is not only about sex or being sexy, it reflects all aspects of my personality and it’s no doubt to anyone that I am an adept of the Wicca cult as I revealed while I was still with my band. Wicca changed my world’s perception drastically, I see things different today then I used to see when I was not a Wiccan. So it will always be part of me and it will reflect in my work, not only this song but also the other one “Coven’ is just a celebration of my spiritual beliefs and the way it helps me to go through the ups and downs of my life. The main reason I don’t fall in disgrace anymore is Wicca and I’m so proud to be part of such a rich and inspiring cult. Yes I’m a witch!

LYRICS

It’s almost midnight
No stars in the sky
But only a cosmic radiant energy
To burn our minds
And we shall drink, with our sis
Letting the goddess open our eyes making us see

Tonight we’re witches
Blessed by the dark
Tonight we’re witches
Bond our circle for life
There’s more than you can see
There’s magic around here
‘Cause we’re witches, witch's season is free

Don’t fear the unknown, don’t close your mind
Open your perceptions and enjoy what you may find
Your horizons will expand
The ancient learnings
Will make you understand

Tonight we’re witches
Blessed by the dark
Tonight we’re witches
Bond our circle for life

And we may fly above the sky
And we may see the rise of a new time
Disseminate the good, plant the compassion
‘Cause what comes out of you
May return for you, hear the gods sing

Tonight we’re witches
Blessed by the dark
Tonight we’re witches
Bond our circle for life

We’re sisters of the moonlight
We’ll marry the sun God
The witch’s season
Witch, witch, witch’s season
The witch’s season

‘Cause we’re witches, witch's season is free, free, free

SOUNDS LIKE

Edited by user 25 March 2014 00:13:38(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

thanks 4 users thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
GirlSpice on 26/03/2014(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 29/03/2014(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 29/03/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 02/04/2014(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#7 Posted : 29 March 2014 04:20:46(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

UserPostedImage

Song: Coven
Produced by: mISTER_b (Drake Anthony), The Vibrant (Dylan Olsen)
Genre: Techno, Minimal Techno
Length: 4:07

BACKGROUND

The repetitive drum sequence sets the mood of this track, it has two main melodies, the mid tempo minimal Techno drums, which consist of low key notes and muffle sound plus the synthetize keyboard notes combined together form the main structure of the track. It has also a variety of other electronic sounds, such as miscellaneous computed produced sounds and electric guitar. The track comes to be a Techno song with influences of minimal techno music strands. Dues to its mid tempo compass and low key register.
Vocally, Magie is supported by backing vocals, there are also additional effects to her voice, and so it will sound a little more robotized and electronic driven. There’s a peaceful yet hypnotizing tone to her singing, as if she was chanting the listeners of the song. It was produced by Drake and Dylan and yet keeping the dark mood of the record until now, there’s another feeling within this track which appears to be a little comfortable than what was showed on previous tracks.
The song was obviously written by Magie and Lilly Stuart, both girls are Wiccan practicing and they had wrote songs about the cult before. In this track they’re describing the initiation of a new member in a coven which also names the song. Lines such as “I’ll have you in this spring / Coven welcomes a new sis” reveals that narrative, also they’re talking about some clairvoyance by singing “The magic within me / Will open your perceptions”.

MAGIE COMMENTS

I like this one, it’s so special to me, first because of the fact that I’m singing about what makes me feel good when I’m not which is Wicca, whenever I’m able to be with the coven that I belong to, it’s like a magical odyssey to me and as we accept new members it’s like this big party and the universe conspire in our behalf. So this song represents this spiritual aspect of my life. In another point of view, I like this song because of its surreal yet relaxing sound, I’m a fan of minimal techno, I like the groove within it and the sensation of receiving a massage to your muscle, we use a lot of minimal techno in our meditation hours, when our coven is together, also that’s the inspiration behind this song, I was in one of those sections and suddenly the idea of writing that experience came to me and by the way we were listening to minimal techno music.

LYRICS

Meditate, to expunge the negativity
Hum the mantra of the Goddess
She’ll purify your spirit
Cry your tears, Let all the sadness evaporates
Find your state of balance
Say the words of magic

A love will be renewed tonight
A spell will cast the bless of gods
A new cycle of life will start

And we’ll see, we’ll see the wonders of this life
We’ll make, we’ll make the bad, turning kind
Just chant, just chant the magic words tonight
It’s our coven

Leave aside the carnal needs and narcissism
Set free from your vanity
So opened up the universe

Destinies, crossing at the turn of the solstices
I’ll have you in this spring
Coven welcomes a new sis

A love will be renewed tonight
A spell will cast the bless of gods
A new cycle of life will start

As we unravel the mysteries
Men in this world are sick for peace
If only we regret our sins

It’s our coven

Midnight we charm the secret words
And we evoke the power
The words to unite the coven
We unite the coven
You’re welcome to join us
In this odyssey
The magic within me
Will open your perceptions
Will open your perceptions

A love spell

Initiated, WICCA
Bewitched, WICCA

SOUNDS LIKE

Edited by user 29 March 2014 04:23:24(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

AmyJayneXoX on 29/03/2014(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 29/03/2014(UTC), GirlSpice on 02/04/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 02/04/2014(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#8 Posted : 29 March 2014 09:47:41(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

UserPostedImage

Song: Make Me Whole
Written By: mISTER_b (Drake Anthony), Magie Lena
Produced by: Will Rocca, Nevaeh Martinez, ElectroLightz (Carlos White, David White and Michelle White)
Genre: Electropop
Length: 4:49

BACKGROUND

This track is the first drastic change on the mood of the record, going for a more mainstream light sound, despite this is another mid-tempo track it differs so much from previous material of the record. It starts with an acoustic guitar riff intercalated with additional electronic drum and bass. The overall sound is also full of backing vocals.
The sweet driven sound of the song keeps playing all of its 4 minutes of duration, it is light and sweet if it were not for the harsh and sad lyrics and this track would’ve be a quite light sort of ballad. Magie vocals are clean, the cleanest vocal performance of the album so far, the only effect used was echoes on her backing vocals. She abuses of her falsettos and high thin notes. Her singing reminds the listeners to her music when she was an ElectroDeath member, actually this song takes us back to the critic acclaimed album “The Sun Will Rise”.
The production received many collaborations, there was a first recording section done with ElectroLightz, but the song was not appropriate to be in the set list of the record, so Will Rocca and Navaeh Martinez took the song and worked on some new additional sounds for it, to finally become the song that it is today.
Lyrics were written by Drake and Magie, they’re talking about the loneliness and desolation of being a pop star from the perspective of Magie. She talks about regrets and redemption often claiming that she feels incomplete and that’s all her fault, it’s a self-explanatory song, it is about how Magie feels towards people who criticizes or loves her, by her work or even by her persona. “All things that I have done / And consequences, I have ran” this lines it’s a metaphor of everything that she has done and said publically and how such celebrities run away from what they did. It also can be referred as a critic.

MAGIE COMMENTS

Initially this song was not supposed to be what it actually is today, it was another arrangement and we didn’t use half of the original arrangement of it, but it’s such a remarkable sound, you know, the acoustic guitar that introduces this track. I loved it the first time I heard it. I thought about taking this song that Drake wrote for me while I was working on my first album attempt and sort of rewrite some parts and it ended up being “Make me Whole”. I like the philosophic aspects of the lines we wrote, it’s like a self-analyze of how we behave and also how we act towards situations of our lives and being a celebrity amplifies this “consequence” side of our acts, that’s what I ‘m talking about. Will Rocca is just as genius as I thought he was, I’m so glad he added so much for this record and Navaeh it’s a business woman, she know what to do for an album, I praise her for this idea of putting different moods and aspects of my personality in this album, they helped me shape my personality into this music. I’m so happy with the results.

LYRICS

Ticking and hours doesn’t seem to pass
And I still have a whole day to regret
The day darkened or is it just me?
Sensations escape me at the same time I see

All things that I have done
And consequences, I have ran
If you can break this deadly silence, please say a word
‘Cause it feels like I’m in a void

Are you my missing piece?
Make me whole
Can you change me?
And make me whole
I have lost faith
Long ago
So if you bring me sane
You’ll make me whole

You’ll make me whole
You’ll make me whole
You’ll make me whole
You’ll make me whole
You’ll make me whole
You’ll make me whole
You’ll make me whole
You’ll make me whole

Searching around, why I feel so empty
When answers were always inside of me
By leaps and bounds I still stand my ground
Although the cliff ahead and a long trapped shout

Suddenly comes the darkness
If you can shine, ‘cause I’m hopeless
If there’s true in this wasted life
I fear, it’s something I can’t deny

Are you my missing part?
Make me whole
Can you change my mind?
And make me whole
I have lost faith
Long ago
So if you bring me sane
You’ll make me whole

You’ll make me whole
You’ll make me whole
You’ll make me whole
You’ll make me whole
You’ll make me whole
You’ll make me whole
You’ll make me whole
You’ll make me whole

If you can, understand all the signs
Can you make me understand?
Guide me away from this hateful time

Are you my missing piece?
Make me whole
Can you change me?
And make me whole
I have lost faith
Long ago
So if you bring me sane
You’ll make me who – who - whole

Are you my missing part?
Make me whole
Can you change my mind?
And make me whole
I have lost faith
Long ago
So if you bring me sane
You’ll make me who

You’ll make me whole
You’ll make me whole
You’ll make me whole
You’ll make me whole
You’ll make me whole
You’ll make me whole

SOUNDS LIKE
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

RoseJapanFan on 29/03/2014(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 30/03/2014(UTC), GirlSpice on 02/04/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 02/04/2014(UTC)
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#9 Posted : 29 March 2014 10:06:07(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)

Linda Fea: Not this yodeling unoriginal flop bitch trying to make a comeback! Not even your lesbian affair with Tisha can save your career! Your entire record sucks and sounds like a cheap version of Suzie's and Tisha's last albums. Everytime your song comes on the radio (if that even happens, HA!) my ears almost catch cancer! Go back home to your sheep friends!
Offline Andre Gandra  
#10 Posted : 29 March 2014 10:10:35(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

Originally Posted by: stephaniewazhere Go to Quoted Post

Linda Fea: Not this yodeling unoriginal flop bitch trying to make a comeback! Not even your lesbian affair with Tisha can save your career! Your entire record sucks and sounds like a cheap version of Suzie's and Tisha's last albums. Everytime your song comes on the radio (if that even happens, HA!) my ears almost catch cancer! Go back home to your sheep friends!

Magie: I don't know if you can hear my voice, but if you can I don't Yodel... my voice is high and thin and that's all I'm gonna say for you, who actually I never met and I won't like to meet anytime, Ahh I almost forgot... thanks for the hate I appreciate it!

OOC: Magie does not sound like Shakira in this case... LOL
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#11 Posted : 29 March 2014 10:16:11(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Andre Gandra Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: stephaniewazhere Go to Quoted Post

Magie: I don't know if you can hear my voice, but if you can I don't Yodel... my voice is high and thin and that's all I'm gonna say for you, who actually I never met and I won't like to meet anytime, Ahh I almost forgot... thanks for the hate I appreciate it!

OOC: Magie does not sound like Shakira in this case... LOL

Linda Fea: No.. i cant hear your voice, cause all i hear is a bunch of auto tune and yodeling. Meeting me is not the problem, u actually putting out a record like this is. Arent you that chick from Electrodeath, like how dare you

ooc: Never said she did boo :)

Edited by user 29 March 2014 10:17:08(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Andre Gandra  
#12 Posted : 01 April 2014 23:23:27(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

UserPostedImage

Song: Behind the Glass
Produced by: ElectroLightz (Carlos White, David White and Michelle White), mISTER_b (Drake Anthony)
Genre: pop
Length: 3:59

BACKGROUND

Keeping the mood of the previous track, this pop ballad is composed by piano, drums and acoustic guitars. It has a ‘Latin’ pop tone on its melodies which is quite innovative and sets a melodramatic sensation to the track. Violins and some additional percussion are also used to compose the sound of this intimate track. Magie’s vocals are gloomy and on pitch, there are no effect on her voice which is another thing compared to other tracks of the album so far. Backing vocals increase the depressive sensation the song transmit on its choruses. It’s basically a very well vocal produced pop track.
The complex aspects of this track it’s on its lyrics, just like the previous track, this is another self-analysis song, it goes to the core of someone’s soul with lines such as “My last stand / I’m denying who I really am” where Magie is clearly speaking about the time where she was first attempting to release her solo career. She also uses some analogies such as looking in the mirror and not recognizing its own reflection, basically the song is about this sensation that most people have when they’re looking to the mirror in a more sensitive way of seeing its own physical appearance and comparing it to its own personality and actions.
The song was written by Magie and Lilly Stuart, it was produced by ElectroLightz with additional production from Drake. It differs of the hardcore EDM beats other songs of the record might have and also it sets an intimate and simplicity mood to the record who up until the previous track were being quite elaborate and exuberant with such a variety of beats and electronic sub-genres.
Despite being different, it’s one of the best tracks of the record. And it also might give us an insight on what Magie’s really intends with this debut record, the more personal songs she wrote for this project, the more we get to know the girls behind all the sexiness and the empowering female message from her first single.

MAGIE COMMENTS

This is one of those personal songs I wrote for this album. It comes from the bottom of my heart and it takes out of it all the doubts and insecurities of my personality. It’s a self-explanatory track, if you really want to know the state of mind I was a few years ago, you just have to look in the underlines of this track. It does explain me in a way that I thought I would never be able to express myself. Songs like this one makes me want to keep going, despite all the negative attention my music is receiving from some ‘critics’ there must be people out there that will feel the same I felt and that will believe in the same things I believe. I don’t think my music is worthless to any subject or critical thinking thread that some people might like to frame me. They say I’m a bitch and I accept that without hesitation, but I also wanna show the other side of this bitch and perhaps say that it’s ok to feel insecure and to feel sad sometimes. I really hope people will not only pay attention to my confident side, but to my fragile side too, I want them to experience both virtues of Magie’s personality.

LYRICS

I keep looking to the mirror
My reflection has changed
A face unrecognizable
An old soul full of blames

It feels like I’m trapped inside
The mirror glass, on its other side
And Ghosts appear to stoke my fears
From other times and past tears

I can’t recognize
The person inside
Reflected in this piece of glass
I can’t explain it to you
I’m without a proof
That I’m the person behind the glass
My last stand
I’m denying who I really am

All these tapes in my head
I have no chance to forget
Moments I left in the past
Still torments my rest

It’s like if I've seen myself in
A house of glass
In everywhere I look around
Reflections I don’t know how

But I can’t recognize
The person inside
I’m without a proof
My last stand

I can’t close my eyes
To what hides inside
But it does hurt me too

And I can’t recognize
The person inside
I’m without a proof
My last stand

SOUNDS LIKE
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

thanks 6 users thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
erich hess on 01/04/2014(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 02/04/2014(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 02/04/2014(UTC), GirlSpice on 02/04/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 02/04/2014(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 19/04/2014(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#13 Posted : 04 April 2014 22:40:27(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

UserPostedImage

Song: There comes the Queen
Written By: mISTER_b (Drake Anthony), Magie Lena, Lilly Staurt
Genre: Dance pop
Length: 4:25

BACKGROUND

A siren sets the introduction for this track as a warning that something empowering and quite commercial is on the way. This part of the album will shift into a more mainstream dance pop flavor, different from the intimate and dark sound of previous tracks. Drake is so obvious perceived in this track, he was the main producer of it and his industrial pounding beats are just as they should be in the body of this song.
Magie is singing with confident intonation, her voice is clear and loud and strong compared to previous tracks. The pre-chorus receives some melodic piano riffs accompanied by Magie thin falsettos till the chorus finally drops its visceral and spoken lines. Actually the chorus is formed of two singing styles, the first one is almost if Magie was screaming random phrases till she delivers a more melodic and elaborated singing by completing the chorus.
Other break down moments of the track receives some backing vocals and vocalizing by Magie. And talking about how Magie sounds, she might sound quite commercial in this track. It’s a manufactured single, that’s for sure it has the structure that leads Drake to stardom last year, it’s his signature formula.
Lyrically the song can be referred to all “self-proclaimed Divas” and Magie is not other but one of them. It’s a social critic in fact, about the life style of rich and famous and how those people can be empty and desperate, but instead of revealing who they really are, they like to live of appearances, outside just a shell, like the lines “She might look so fine, on the outside / But she's hollow on the inside”. There is also a reference that Magie wrote for her gay fans, where she says “There comes the Queen / (Brought my gay friends they know drinks are on me)” the word Queen is a term of endearment used by gays to qualify a female pop artist of its great achievements.

MAGIE COMMENTS

Drake showed to me the melodies he had created for this track before the writing and I find it very appealing to commercial outlets and radio, I said to him that this could be an instant hit and he just like he always seem to react when we praise him, he started to laugh and look awkward, so I told him I wanted to write that song with him, by knowing what those beats represented to him and we did it, obviously Lilly supervised our writing sections, once she is the writer! But I like what we’re talking about in this song, it gives meaning to the name of this record and the concept behind it.

LYRICS

She is so bad!
She’s like a Bitch, but she’s a damn rich
And she calls herself a fucking queen

Make space for me on the dance floor
Get out the way
High heels, red lipstick and in my bones
Morphine to dance
Brought my gay friends to cover my back
They got style
You must know my name 'cause I'm on track
I’m marvelous

Hey you, bow down for the queen
Hey you, don’t stare to your highness
Hey you, don’t even call her name in vain

There comes the Queen
(Get the hell out of my way I’m gonna slay)
There comes the Queen
(All boys around me, I'll dance for your dismay)
There comes the Queen
(Brought my gay friends they know drinks are on me)
Brought my gay friends they know drinks are on me
(Fuck if you’re not my friend, I’m gonna still slay)
She is the queen

She might look so fine, on the outside
But she's hollow on the inside
A life of appearances with all her vanity
It’s all she has
But she’s the queen

Open Chandon and give my glass
In Gold edge
An addictive in my bracelet
They call it ‘K’
Have you extended the carpet?
For my ego
The party ends as we leave this club
To Tokyo

Hey you, bow down for the queen
Hey you, don’t stare to your highness
Hey you, don’t even call her name in vain

There comes the Queen
(Get the hell out of my way I’m gonna slay)
There comes the Queen
(All boys around me, I'll dance for your dismay)
There comes the Queen
(Brought my gay friends they know drinks are on me)
Brought my gay friends they know drinks are on me
(Fuck if you’re not my friend, I’m gonna still slay)
She is the queen

It’s all she has
But she’s the queen

She’s so bad! She’s so thin
She’s so rich, she’s the queen
Won’t they stop, they just talk
‘Bout your life, ‘do they lie?

What does she do when party ends?
Who's with her and what’s the guy intend?
What happen when she’s not her own queen?
Where’s the queen (Ooh), Where’s the queen (Ooh)
She’s cryin’
Cause she’s a cheap bitch with loads of diamonds
There comes the queen

It’s all she has
But she’s the queen
The Fucking queen

SOUNDS LIKE

Edited by user 05 April 2014 02:51:39(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

erich hess on 04/04/2014(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 04/04/2014(UTC), GirlSpice on 05/04/2014(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 02/05/2014(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#14 Posted : 05 April 2014 02:53:10(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

UserPostedImage

Song: Home
Written By: Magie Lena, Abie Lena
Produced by: Will Rocca
Genre: Dance pop, Industrial
Length: 4:25

BACKGROUND

Bass riffs introduce this sad but fast tempo track. Keeping the mood of the previous track, the structure and the singing in this song is clearly commercial and approachable, despite it sis heavily influenced by industrial electronic music. The melody goes in a crescendo instance, they start slow and low key and they go fasten up and obviously they ended up in the chorus high key. The industrial influence of this track is even more easily perceived than the previous track, but the curious thing is that this rack is produced by Will Rocca.
There’s a shift in the main structure of the track when its bridge starts, the song receives an influence of house music, but it’s subtle, Magie’s vocals are sung in a different style and they receive some effects such as blenders and echoes. Her pitch is raised by auto tune too, so her voice goes from low and high quickly and it sets a tearful tone to the track.
Additional instruments used in the track are piano and synthesizers. Lyrically the track reflects the loneliness of someone being away from people and places that this person loves and feels as if it symbolizes the meaning of roots and home for itself.
The song can reflect a point of view of being a superstar, because most celebrities are always far from home, far from people who they love, their family and often most relationship with musician did not last because of distance matters. “They say you heart belong to your roots / Well, being away made me wish to walk barefoot” These lines represents the idea of always having a place so you can come back and feel like home, the wish to walk barefoot it’s a metaphor to feel the ground as you used to do when you were a child, because when we’re children that’s the time you’re actually in your home, in your city, in your place. The meaning behind this song is really deep and what captures the attention of its listener it’s the lines of it. There are so many feelings within it.

MAGIE COMMENTS

This is one of those songs you write every ten years. It does sort of feel like I did when I wrote “When your heart’s not open”, you know what I mean. There’s a deep meaning behind it, it was written by me with help of my sis and it was a very sad Sunday afternoon by the piano, composing those lines and riffs, while Will was working in a guitar, so we did this song together and we kind of had a common sensation over it, because we’re always so far away from things we love, from things that connect us with our roots, with our born essences. It’s a genetic thing, you might be in a very beautiful place but you won’t feel like that place is your home, because you can’t find the sensation that only your hometown can make you feel.

LYRICS

Low head, wandering through these gray streets
I can’t find a sign, I can’t recognize it
And my heart cries because I miss my love
I miss my love, I deeply miss my love
They say you heart belong to your roots
Well, being away made me wish to walk barefoot
But sand here is not like in my hometown, it’s not like in my hometown
It's not like my hometown

I walk alone, in this city I don’t belong
Another one in the crowd
These people I don’t know
Searching among shadows all around

Take me to my home

Sometimes I look at the sky thinking
If there is someone out there missing me?
The rain reminds me those winter afternoons
There were me and you, there were everyone too
Memories closer to my happiest dreams
I keep on wondering when I’ll be back in
If you can take me out of here and bring me to my home
Then please take to my home

Another one in the crowd

Take me to my home

I am here
You’re there
I wish I was there too
But I’m here
We’re away
But I wish I was there with you
with you, with you, with you, with you

There is my home

Another one in the crowd

I am here
You’re there
I wish I was there too
But I’m here
We’re away
But I wish I was there with you

Take me to my home

SOUNDS LIKE

Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

thanks 3 users thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 05/04/2014(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 05/04/2014(UTC), GirlSpice on 05/04/2014(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#15 Posted : 05 April 2014 04:27:52(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

UserPostedImage

Song: Better Alone
Produced by: mISTER_b (Drake Anthony), Will Rocca
Genre: Euro Dance, Dance Pop
Length: 2:55

BACKGROUND

Magie kick off this clubber song with thin and high vocals, melodically over piano riffs. She leads the song’s first verse solely with her vocals, despite the background beats are sort of increasing as the song reaches the first chorus. But before the chorus there is a pre-chorus and this one is sung in such a style by Magie, she spells syllable by syllable of the words in the pre-chorus and so a melodically synth beat accompanies her and it is increased where she speaks the phrases of the chorus and after every phrase spoken, some euro hardcore dance beats are played as short breakdown moments completing the structure of the first half of the track.
The second half of the track follows the same structure as the first, but the beats are in full form now, Magie is heavily supported by a dance pop sound. Once again the complex chorus and then there’s a hook before the final chorus of the track. That’s when Magie again reveals all her vocal potential, melodies are slowed down to single piano notes and her voice is clean and loud and she sings the lines of the hook before the final pre and chorus takes the vibe back to that euro trash influenced clubber feeling of the beginning of the track.
The song talks about relationships, obviously, “I don’t expect someone to conquer me / I don’t expect someone to suddenly appear” the first two lines set the idea of a break up song. But instead of being a break up song, this song is about after the break up, where Magie already broke up her relationship with that man and now she’s feeling that perhaps she is better alone and not to have expectation can be a quite good idea, this concept is referred in the pre-choruses lines “If this is what I have to do / To feel full, to feel loved then I feel glum / No more trying, no more time / Wasted effort searching for a half”.

MAGIE COMMENTS

So there would obviously be songs in this album that would talk about love, with all its complex and just like it moves our lives, so this song is about not expecting to find love. Because that’s how I feel right now, I’ve had some relationships in the past and I was always someone to be overestimated by my partners and really don’t know why, so I decided that after all it’s better to be alone. I cannot deny that I wished I was married, I’m 27, I could be a good wife and a good mom too, but once I’m single, I have to accept the fact that it’s good to be alone too, I can get away with a lot of things in fact by being alone. I like the unusual structure of this song, it has this big breakdown in the chorus which I think it’s very empowering.

LYRICS

I don’t expect someone to conquer me
I don’t expect someone to suddenly appear
I don’t expect someone to fall in love with me
I let expectations pass by me

If this is what I have to do
To feel full, to feel loved then I feel glum
No more trying, no more time
Wasted effort searching for a half

Actually, I think I’m better alone
I think, yeah I think that I’m better
Alone, alone, alone, alone
Better alone, alone, alone, alone
In the end I’ll be better all alone

I closed my heart, body and soul
I build up an armor on my own
Empty words cannot make me any harm
And when someone approach I tend to run

If this is what I have to do
To feel full, to feel loved then I feel glum
No more trying, no more time
Wasted effort searching for a half

I think, yeah I think that I’m better
Better alone, alone, alone, alone

Alooooooone
Alooooooone
Alooooooone
Instead of trying I gave up
Tired of searching for someone
This is a lesson I’ve learnt
I’m better alone

Better alone, alone, alone
I must say I feel better alone
Sometimes we’re better if we’re all alone

SOUNDS LIKE

Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

GirlSpice on 05/04/2014(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 19/04/2014(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 19/04/2014(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 02/05/2014(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#16 Posted : 01 May 2014 23:43:31(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

UserPostedImage

Song: Like a Stone
Produced by: Will Rocca, Neveah Martinez, The Vibrant (Dylan Olsen)
Genre: Synthpop, Hip Hop
Length: 4:49

BACKGROUND

The second official single off “Remember Me” is this track called “Like a Stone” written by Magie Lena and her longtime band mate Lilly Stuart. Production credits goes to Will Rocca, Nevaeh Martinez and The Vibrant, this last one belonging to the ElectroDeath production team behind the project.
The song prospects Magie to the future of pop mainstream music, it flirts with Hip Hop but it’s mainly a synth pop track with clean and loud vocal productions and by the way one of the best vocal performance of Magie’s debut album. It already starts with Magie and her powerful vocals singing the chorus of the track with barely anything as accompanying her, except a drum hip hop beat which increases its volume and later on it is combined to synth pop melodies.
The song overall is a md-tempo track, with so much melodically inspected introduced due to the emotional vocal performance by Magie. There’s a mid tempo hip hop drum and bass line which works properly in the choruses of the track, while the verses are much more influenced by synth pop, where synth beats provided not only by synthesizers but also classical piano and turn tables set the intonation for Magie’s singing.
There’s a bridge before the final chorus where other electronic elements are added to the song, but still subtle and sensitive to not run away from its main synth pop proposal. Magie does not sing anything in this bridge but she vocalizes some high notes in the end of this bridge, when the song resumes to the final chorus of it.
Lyrically it keeps the “relationship” subject adopted by the last two previous tracks, Magie is again talking about her loneliness and her failure as a romantic, in this track she declares herself as a cold hearted person, despite all her attempts to pursuit happiness in her sentimental life. It pays some reference to her last relationship with Billy, former Reported Failure main singer, by that time she preferred to not go deep in a relationship with him by the fear of a delusion and so she acted safe and rational, which comes to be frequent reference in this song in lines such as “Pragmatic and calculating thoughts / Dominate my mind / Acting self-assured in my life”.

MAGIE COMMENTS

The reason I decided to release this track as the second single is that it’s one of the most personal songs of this record. It goes to the core of my heart and opens up all imperfection inside of it. It’s me, cold hearted, I don’t really wanna be like that, but it escapes through my fingers, the ability to be more passionate and more vulnerable. I think the story of my life sort of made me be hard like a stone, sometimes it’s like I’m in this immense vacuum where I can only find ways out by calculating statics, it might sound weird but that’s how I see everything, like a math problem. I like the melody of this track, it’s quite unusual for this record but it has something that fits it on it. The synth beats are surreal and the Will Rocca hip hop addition raised the level of this track. I’m so happy to have it in this record.

LYRICS

Body boils outside
But there’s only a cold heart inside
Where blood pulses no more
And there was a soul, but it was sold
Pragmatic and calculating thoughts
Dominate my mind
Acting self-assured in my life
My future is being alone
I turned hard like a stone

This fable written long ago
But still some quirks I can’t let go
I let boredom come over my spontaneity
No there’s nothing you can do to change me

I shut myself for love
But I still longing for happiness
I even forgot how much
Cost the selfishness
While I’m avoiding people
I feel nothing but a tingle
And all these opportunities fade into a deep loneliness
Catch me before I fall in this curse
Don’t really wanna be all alone

Body boils outside
Dominate my mind
My future is being alone

Deep inside still lives a sparkle
A wish to see this story untangle
A last flame and if you feed the fire
Perhaps you will melt my heart

I shut myself for love
But I still longing for happiness
I even forgot how much
Cost the selfishness
While I’m avoiding people
I feel nothing but a tingle
And all these opportunities fade into a deep loneliness
Catch me before I fall in this curse
Don’t really wanna be all alone

Body boils outside
Dominate my mind
My future is being alone

SOUNDS LIKE

Edited by user 01 May 2014 23:57:39(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

thanks 3 users thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
erich hess on 02/05/2014(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 02/05/2014(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 02/05/2014(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#17 Posted : 02 May 2014 00:39:32(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

UserPostedImage

Song: Lie to Me
Produced by: Will Rocca, mISTER_b (Drake Anthony)
Genre: Synthpop, R&B
Length: 3:46
Vocal Featured: Elyar Black

BACKGROUND

Following through the final round of songs from this album, “Lie to Me” is an 80 synth pop tune with some R&B flavors clearly added by Will Rocca production hands. But more than just an R&B track, it has a throbbing synth beat from 80’s mixed with en electronic beat something too obviously performed by Drake’s turn tables. To all of that mixture comes Magie’s clean and loud vocals, she did reach her biggest range in this track, which makes it sound sexy and desperate at the same time, adding a nasty flavor to the track overall.
Other instruments presented on the track are electric guitar and it can be heard in the pre-choruses of the track. Magie is not the only singer in this track, she’s accompanied by Elyar Black and his performance is quite memorable, once he’s the counterpart of what Magie sings in the first verse and chorus of the track, both make it very sexually oriented and extremely appealing.
The song is about being abused sexually in a relationship, but not in a way that could be interpreted as humiliating or harassing, it is best seen as someone who’s being fooled by someone else who rather has sexual relations with this person than have a real relationship. Magie is the subject of the song and Elyar is the man who only wants to play with Magie, curiously or not, both singers are extremely good in this track, they sound sexy and as they were really in love.
Additional backing vocals are performed by both singers, in the final choruses of the track and its final lines too, which are shared between them. This track also changes the mood of the album once again, after a round of depressive and desolated songs, now it switched to a more sexy yet sad oriented intonation.

MAGIE COMMENTS

This song was first introduced for me by Neveah, I though she composed it, but Will Rocca is the owner of that R&B drum beats, so I had the idea of taking this track and showing Drake and we worked on that synth beat, I think it’s an instant hit in my opinion. It has a sexy taste on its lyrics and the melodies are just so danceable and smooth driven. I love this osng so much, Elyar added so much to it, he’s such a young guy but with a huge talent, I’m so happy we found him to feature in this track.

LYRICS

Magie
Elyar
Both

Lie to me, ‘cause I’ll lie to you
I don’t wanna hear what you’re thinkin’, fuck you
Stop teasing, ‘cause we’re through
The last thing I want is being deluded
By someone like you

But you know what they say
There’s no smoke without fire
I won’t hear what you say
You’re nothing but a liar
So hear what I say
You erased my fire
Hear what I say

You have your
Seductive games
Always getting what you want
But you can’t treat me like a cunt
So hear what I say

I won’t be who you want me to be
Don’t push it you won’t change me
I’m not the junk you used to pick
I won’t be another one in your list
Don’t try, your mask dropped now
Hear what I’m about to shout

Girl you want me, I know you do
Don’t deny it, you’ll be mine soon
You say I lie, but you lie too
I won’t hear your voice,
‘Cause we’re not through
(C’mon give me what I want)
Imma make you see the lights
Imma make you shine bright
Got your diamonds, make your soul fly
And once you’re mine, you won’t need to worry
I’ll make your dreams reality
You’re losing if you’re not with me

You know what they say
See, I am your man
So let me light your fire
As I grab your waist, I bet you won't call me a liar
I can dominate your nasty desires
You know what they say
See, I am your man
So let me light your fire
Enough with the games
We both think as the same
Surrender for me, and I’ll make you scream

And when you whisper in my ear
My fears disappear
But you’re just lying
And my body is agreeing
How can I be stronger?
If my body wants ya…

Girl you can’t resist me
Surrender for me baby
Are you stopping lying to me?
Girl you can’t resist me
Surrender for me baby

Stop talking, you lie to me

SOUNDS LIKE

Edited by user 02 May 2014 00:58:06(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

thanks 2 users thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 02/05/2014(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 02/05/2014(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#18 Posted : 02 May 2014 00:59:54(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
OOC: Nice job on this album. I won't lie, there were some certain parts of the album I was like 'Huh' lol but overall I think it was a good album for Magie and her phase right now.

Honor: Let me go ahead and tell you that 'Lie To Me' is surprisingly my favorite track on the album. I love the sort of crazy balance you and Elyar have even though I would have never imagined a track with both of you on it. Plus it sounds absolutely fantastic. Overall, I'd give this album a 6/10. I have my favorites and I have my 'Shouldn't be on this album' but then again, this is your first solo album so I didn't know what to really expect. I can tell you were really just trying to dip your toe into different ideas and sounds, which didn't turn out to be completely as messy as most people would think. Nice job Magie.
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
Andre Gandra on 02/05/2014(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#19 Posted : 02 May 2014 01:27:44(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

Originally Posted by: RoseJapanFan Go to Quoted Post
OOC: Nice job on this album. I won't lie, there were some certain parts of the album I was like 'Huh' lol but overall I think it was a good album for Magie and her phase right now.

Honor: Let me go ahead and tell you that 'Lie To Me' is surprisingly my favorite track on the album. I love the sort of crazy balance you and Elyar have even though I would have never imagined a track with both of you on it. Plus it sounds absolutely fantastic. Overall, I'd give this album a 6/10. I have my favorites and I have my 'Shouldn't be on this album' but then again, this is your first solo album so I didn't know what to really expect. I can tell you were really just trying to dip your toe into different ideas and sounds, which didn't turn out to be completely as messy as most people would think. Nice job Magie.

OOC: I totally understand your "huh" LOL, because I do feel that way on certain songs, LOL, I think I was so confused on Magie's direction that I decided to just write and post it... LOL but thanks..

Magie: That's a nice compliment Honor, I can tell you that it's not such a coherent album, as most people do, it has its switches and issues, but I think it serves to introduce my name, so I'll take your 6 with a big smile.

Edited by user 02 May 2014 01:28:40(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

thanks 1 user thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 02/05/2014(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#20 Posted : 02 May 2014 02:16:35(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

UserPostedImage

Song: Equality
Written By: mISTER_b (Drake Anthony), Magie Lena, Lilly Stuart, Abie Lena
Genre: Dubstep, Industrial
Length: 4:28

BACKGROUND

Drake is the producer of this next song and there’s no doubt we wouldn’t recognize his sick beat in this track. There’s dubstep, there’s house beats but most important it takes us right back to what Magie was used to do when she was with ElectroDeath. The heavy drums and industrial sound and bass lines comes along a story of production that Drake sort of built for himself ever since he was producing ElectroDeath.
The song has a huge breakdown and probably the most club oriented track on the whole album, even though some previous song might fit in one night clubs, this one will drive people insane on the dance floor. Magie sings confidently and angrily both feelings in one high tone. The song basically doesn’t have a regular structure so there are no choruses but the breakdown moments.
Obviously with such and industrial sound, Magie would write a song about themes that’s he used to write years ago, so this song is about equality as human right. She is clearly directing this song to all kinds of human in the world who lives under bias, discrimination or anything that afflicts their right of being the person they want to be, but more than just asking for the right of those people, Magie is singing to encourage them to fight, to be strong, to look for their space in this world.
The production of the song belongs to Drake and Dylan (The Vibrante), but the writing credits goes for more than just Dra ke, but Magie, Lilly and Abie.

MAGIE COMMENTS

I feel ElectroDeath every time I listen to this track, it sort of takes me back to the way I used to write music with my fellow band mates, it has that industrial sound that we often used to put on our music and it culminates to a clubber jam, I think it has all the structure and the tips a DJ need to find in a music to play for their audiences. We plan to stream this song on clubs around the world, I like the message this track has, even though it can be quite generic and meaningless on a dance floor, It has some repetitive phrases that I’m sure are going to stuck on people’s head and that is already something that I’m happy about.

LYRICS

Hello, are you fine? Long time I haven’t seen you
Were you hiding from the world?
So good to see you
Come say hello don’t be afraid
No one can hurt you anymore

Good morning to the future ahead of us
We have another chance
Let’s take charge of our lives
Make this place our homeland

Courage, the spirit inside longs for justice
May Gods in heaven teach their prentice?
Courage you brave soldier we must fight to live
Spirit longs for justice
Cour - Courage, the spirit inside longs for justice
May Gods in heaven teach their prentice?
Spirit longs for justice

Justice, equality, peace, equality, Justice

Equality, equality, rights

Don’t wait, don’t let the fire extinguish
If you have a dream for better
Don’t hide, Don’t let bias be your master
Use your brain be wiser

Baby there’s a future ahead of us
We have another chance
Let’s take charge of our lives
Make this place our homeland

Courage, the spirit inside longs for justice
May God in heaven teach their prentice?
Spirit longs for justice
Cour - Courage, the spirit inside longs for justice
May God in heaven teach their prentice?
Spirit longs for justice

Justice, equality, peace, equality, Justice

Equality, equality, rights

Rights and progress
No option to regress
(Equality)
Rights and Progress
Don’t you regress.
(Equality)
Fight for you rights!
(Equality)
Fight for you rights!
(Equality)
Equality!
Equality!
Equality!
Right!

SOUNDS LIKE

Edited by user 02 May 2014 02:17:29(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

thanks 2 users thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 02/05/2014(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 02/05/2014(UTC)