logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline kandii  
#1 Posted : 04 May 2014 10:58:53(UTC)
kandii

Groups: Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 10467 time(s) in 3435 post(s)
UserPostedImage
One of today's biggest duos ; they are creative , virtuosic , even riotous and oh , did we mention doppelgangers ? With their nonchalant and yet , outrageous personalities and "revolutionary" artistry , for the last year , Rum & Coke have been the talk of a little town we'd like to call Hollywood !

Rum & Coke

We talking
Racks
On stacks
On racks on racks on racks
Talking Hollywood

With just 2 albums , 3 extended plays and 10 singles , Rum & Coke have managed to sell 15 million records world wide so far in their career which , by the way , has only debuted exactly ONE YEAR ago . Celebrating they're anniversary with the group of people they love and adore most , #Addicts , Rum & Coke takes their #FlashbackFriday to a whole new level ! This is the Perks of Fame Album Release Concert !!!

THE BEGINNING

"In the beginning , there was light ... and Adam and Eve ... and next thing you know everybody got freaky for a couple of generations and God blessed you all with our arrival ." Rum tells the camera with a straight face . Coke nods her head in approval . "True story . I was born first so you know I'm the important one ." Rum's jaw drops and she looks over at Coke . "I thought we were in this together ?" Coke looks at her and then back to the camera . "HA !"

Vara Gallo
Coke

He said to me
Why do you frown ?
You're too pretty for that
You should smile more

Rum was born September 21st, 1992 in Bayamo, Granma . As a young child in Cuba , her Cuban and Barbadian grandmother , Nita , groomed her to listen to classic African-American artists like Nina Simone , Billie Holiday and even Louis Armstrong . Nina was even taught by Nita how to play the piano . But of course , as a 90's baby , Rum's heart always had a special place for Hip Hop with artists such as Tupac , Biggie and Outkast . In 2005 , at the age of 13 , Nina's family moved to Toronto, Ontario . She was then enrolled into R.H.King Academy , where she met Airemese Smith , who would soon be her partner in crime for the rest of her life . For high school , the rapper attended Etobicoke School of the Arts in the music department for her piano playing . For majority of Rum's school life she received A's and B's and graduated high school with a 4.0 after ending 12th grade with all A's . She went on to move to America for college . She was featured in Jessie J's music video , Do It Like a Dude as a background dancer (along with many other videos like Ciara's Work and Ester Dean's Drop It Low which she is not easily identified) and went on to appear in Justin Beiber's Baby music video , alongside Drew Westbrook , and Jennifer Lopez's On The Floor.

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Coke was born February 26th, 1992 in Toronto, Ontario . Ever since a very young age , Airemese loved music and aspired to be a singer . She grew up listening to Aaliyah , Sade , Mariah Carey , Michael and Janet Jackson . Her parents saw the ambition in her and wanted to support as much as they could . At the age of 5 , she was placed into dance classes and the age of 9 , vocal lessons . Coke attended middle school at R.H.King Academy , where she met Rum . High school , she attended Etobicoke School of the Arts in the dance department for ballet . As a child , she was in many commercials and a model . At the age of 17 , Coke graduated high school with a 4.0 as well , skipping 2 grades in her school life . She moved to America for college with Rum . The same year , she was on 3 episodes of Two and A Half Men with the recurring role of Celeste Bernett .

UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage

THE DEBUT

Rum & Coke started off as your typical middle school girl "group" , their name coming from Rum's grandma , Nita . Even though the two had a rough start , getting in many fights within the first few months of meeting each other , they were ultimately stuck with each other for life after becoming best friends and soon discovering they were perfect together when a duo . They entered many talent shows in school and even locally and managed to win most of them , usually coming in second or third if not .

Despite being known locally -- as far as "local" goes in a city like Toronto -- it wasn't until YouTube when Rum & Coke hit a scale of fame they never thought they could actually reach . A global one . Covering artists like Outkast , Tupac , The Fugees , Rihanna and even from time to time , Beyonce , along with freestyling and posting remixes , songs created by them and local gigs on YouTube , within 2 years they manged to get up to 10 million subscribers . It helped that along with the music , they also uploaded vlogs and their thoughts on celebrity gossip and politics . Quickly the two became known for their personalities and musical abilities so much to where they were encouraged to actually make a studio debut . It wasn't until April of 2013 until the duo actually did .

Rum

Did you mean to blow me up ?
I just wanted to be loved
I just wanted us
To be 2 an 1 whole
But I guess that's asking for too much
And I guess that's making a big fuss
The agitations
Altercations
Arguments
Just for the intimation , between us
Did you really mean to blow me up ?
You wanted to be loved
But then you had enough
Couldn't put up
Or pass by
Or Leave me be
Or say why
Never even got to say goodbye
Finished me off
Drowned me in your lies
Uh ,
But , at least its pretty in the sky
The beautifullest way I know how to die

After working on an album for a whole year with no experience in music and no help from anyone , the duo released Venom & Versace just last year . Though the two have openly expressed how much they "hate" their own debut , the record still managed to go platinum and gold along with peaking #10 on all-genre charts . This was only the beginning for Rum & Coke as they left the world of YouTube for the music business . After releasing a follow up -- which was critically praised way more than the actual album -- EP 7 Deadly Sins and peaking #8 , being certified gold , they were signed to Studio60's major sub-label , Tric Jam .

THE PEAK

Rum
Coke
Man

I've come to terms with the fact that nothing is what it seems ...
What you've been taught is that who you are isn't quite good enough
You know you need to be slightly more than , bigger than , brighter than , smarter than , slimmer than , fatter than , there's always something you need to improve
It's just some idea that sometime in the future we just might be able to ameliorate the way we live
Starting with smalls things like who you want to be ...
But never will they mention the goal is to be who they want you to be
They know what's best , right ?
You won't gain anything until you've lost something ...
Wake up from your reverie .
Remember that .

Immediately after the release of their debut and signing onto the major label , Rum & Coke began working on their second album . At the time they were opening for Indie duo DESTINEE&ADELE . It wasn't until July when the album Epiphany was announced and many conspiracies over the album's theme were created , which were soon confirmed by Rum & Coke in an interview just months later . By August , the album was fully recorded but was having a hard time being released due to many difficulties and mix ups . There was even a lawsuit . But once the album finally got out , people went crazy over it . Critics applauded it , fans bought it and soon , it was the first Hip Hop album to ever reach #1 on an all-genre chart .

Despite all that everyone might have thought about Rum & Coke when they first came out , they had literally made history and had caused a ripple in the once quiet industry that is of Hip Hop music . Although now there are more than enough Hip Hop artists out there , none of them compares to how creative , original and versatile Rum & Coke's music is . Once again releasing a follow up E.P for yet another album , Aftermath was even as praised as much as Epiphany , managing to peak #2 on all-genre charts SO FAR , as it still makes it way up and down the charts today .

They've released many singles from the album and the E.P along with the viral video of Failed Escape , which had a budget over 20 million due to clips and references of Alice in Wonderland(1951) , the fantasy set and all the dresses worn by Allison Cooper . There is said to be a video to Trap Life , yet another successful single , but Rum & Coke have yet to release or confirm it just yet .

THE PRIME TO COME

Perks of Fame is the third studio album by Hip Hop duo Rum & Coke . It was made available for free digital download for those who had the Ignorant Art app on April 20, 2014 and to those who had shown up at the Perks of Fame Album Release Concert presented by Coachella . It was then released for retail sale on April 30, 2014 , by Tric-Jam Records and Studio60 Records . Unlike all of their previous project's , the album was produced solely by NinaT (Nina Tarantino ; Rum) . The album was not promoted beforehand and is not to be accompanied by any singles .

Rum & Coke have openly explained how they were literally always working on something new and even now and then more than one project all at once . After their second studio album Epiphany debuted #1 on the charts , Rum & Coke were at their prime as they were talk of the business , being the first Hip Hop act to ever top the album charts . We then saw a rapid growth in Hip Hop music as several new artists and even older ones began to make more urban music and release actual albums like Kidd Amaze , Liyah , Lotus , Sonyae and even more . "You would think at a time like that , we would've been shoving ourselves down your throat ," Says Rum . Despite being the likely cause of the urban music frenzy , Rum & Coke laid low , "quietly" releasing singles , doing very little interviews and touring -- all while working on new music . When asked about their projects to come , the duo refused to go into any details , only ensuring us that "it's coming" .

"We just wanted to sit back , relax and enjoy it . [Laughs] Just wanted to scope out the competition and find where we should go next with our music . We weren't at all worried about keeping the buzz in our name up or staying in the public eye because we knew that if we found a way in the first time , we could find a way again . [The Import/Export World Tour] had only kicked off weeks after our album release and so for the most part , that was our main focus . Making sure to put on a good show every second of the tour . Already starting on another concept project , we figured we should try and create something that was pure Hip Hop and didn't put a strict limit on what we could write about . People continuously tried to discredit us of our Hip Hop sound because we simply weren't talking on "Hip Hop themes" , when in reality , seeing what Hip Hop derived from , we pretty much were.. But just to poke fun at those people who denied the Hip Hop in our music , we made a Hip Hop album that contained nothing but elements of the current "perception" of Hip Hop ."

During their time of enjoying music instead of always releasing it , Perks of Fame quickly began to come to mind as they witnessed what music was slowly coming to . "I remember finally being the fan instead of the star and it was exciting . I was stanning and everything for a lot of artists , sticking up for them on Twitter and musically stalking them .[laughs] But then there were times where an artist would hype up their album with a whole lot of promotion and would have me getting all excited over their new stuff until I wasted my $14 on 9 tracks of disappointment . There was literally nothing worse than that feeling and I could only imagine what that would feel like to my fans if I just gave them an album with the singles I released and some fillers ." Coke explains . "Automatically I'd throw down my iPod and scream "FLOP !" and 2 days later , they're topping charts . And this was a noticeable pattern . Within albums and singles . It was like because their manager showed their asses off with the PR , these artists were earning achievements they didn't even earn . There were even times where it wasn't even the promotion . Just the name of the artist . Perks of fame ."

Though the two had a specific definition for what they meant by "perks of fame" , in the album , the duo managed to expand on the topic , using the saying sarcastically in one part and using it literally in another . They go from talking about celebrities who receive things they don't deserve to losing sight of they really are or at least once were to constantly trying to escape the limelight and even more . The album was only produced by NinaT who for the majority , managed to stay on a Hip Hop/R&B theme , with only a few tracks varying .

"No songwriters , no producers , no features, no singles , no promotion . Just us ."

UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

Coming to DVD May 31st , 2014

Released: April 27th, 2014
Genre: Hip Hop , R&B
Label: Studio60 Records , Tric-Jam Records
Producer: NinaT

Edited by user 04 May 2014 12:54:27(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 7 users thanked kandii for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 04/05/2014(UTC), snap_itshannah on 04/05/2014(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 04/05/2014(UTC), DistortedAudio on 05/05/2014(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 05/05/2014(UTC), erich hess on 08/05/2014(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 12/05/2014(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#2 Posted : 04 May 2014 11:00:44(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

Track : No Hype Needed
Artist :
Rum & Coke
Genre : Hip Hop
Written by : Airemese Smith , Nina Tarantino
Produced by : NinaT
Length : 1:33

Coke

[Verse 1]
Foolishly , they got it all mixed up
What the fuck ?
Good music used to get all recognition
That was then
Now quality comes within the name
Perks of fame
It's become more about the promotion
Than what their actually promotin'
See , they said we was irrelevant
Rum & Coke ain't really runnin' shit
Don't got no hype surrounding us
Ain't even done much promotion
But them sales say the opposite
We been opening doors for you
They check to see if you made it on the Goldstandard
But check for when our albums due

[Hook]
Oh oh , no hype
No hype
No hype
No hype needed
No hype
No hype
No hype
No hype needed
No hype
No hype
No hype
No hype needed
No hype
No hype..

Track : LOST/Ignorant Art
Artist : Rum & Coke
Genre : Hip Hop , Industrial Pop
Written by : Airemese Smith , Nina Tarantino , Michael Jackson
Length : 4:30

Rum
Coke
Both
Deep edited Voice

[Verse 1]
(Fuck your opinion)
You can swallow your pride
I know you're dying inside
For a mention
You just crave attention
Not a critique , maybe in another dimension
Nothing but entertainment
You wont control what I choose to make
Go record something if you want music your way

[Pre-hook]
You talkin' on some shit , you don't know how to do
Keep on talking shit , nobody studyin' you
Stay tryna teach them fine art like it don't come from the heart
A class we forgot to take , call it ignorant art

Like the greatest illusion
Got you feeling deluded
Now you see me , now you don't
Could you be losing it ?

Just when you think you've got the best view , you , you , you..

[Hook]
Can't find us
Just when you think you've found our remains , you can't find us
We're the bitches who still remain , you can't find us
Can't find us

Lost in the music (can't find us) , lost in the music (can't find us) , lost in the music (can't find us)
They wanted to play hide and seek but can't find us
Lost in the music , LOST , lost in the music , LOST

[Verse 2]
Skin head, dead head, everybody gone bad
Situation, speculation, everybody litigation
Beat me, bash me, you can never trash me
Hit me, kick me, you can never get me

[Bridge]
You're ripping me of my pride, oh, for God's sake
I look to heaven to fulfill its prophecy, set me free

[Hook 2]
All I wanna say is that they don't really care about us
All I wanna say is that they don't really care about us

All I wanna say
All I wanna say , all I wanna say

They don't really care about us

[Outro]
Don't you feel stupid ?
LOST
Lost in the music

Oh !
Can't find us
Just when you think you've found our remains , you can't find us
We're the bitches who still remain , you can't find us
Can't find us

Lost in the music (can't find us) , lost in the music (can't find us) , lost in the music (can't find us)
They wanted to play hide and seek but can't find us

[Intro]
Hey !
Oh woah , oh woah !

[Verse 1]
Fine art
Doesn't come from the heart
But this is ignorant art

(I refuse to listen , oh)
The type of shit that'll get you wet , the type of shit that'll make you think
The type of shit that'll create a rebel and drive those critics crazy

All that's within me , baby

[Chorus]
The future's within our seeds
(Shut shit down)
Toxic watering
(Shut shit down)
And they'll bite the hand that feeds them..

Track : Demonstration
Artist : Rum
& Coke
Genre : Hip Hop , Trip Hop
Written by : Nina Tarantino
Length : 1:33

Rum

[Verse 1]
Question
Who are you
To tell me what
I can and can't do ?

[Pre-chorus]
I guess I must've forgotten you in my past life
You know how it is in the fast lane
I guess I'm too busy living the good life
To have time for you and your games
This ain't a game
I do not play
No time for simulations
I would show you the real thing but I'll start with a demonstration

[Chorus]
You can't stop me
Only in yo' dreams
Your mind can't touch
What I'm capable of
Don't underestimate me

Track : #Addict/Murda Bidness
Genre : Hip Hop , R&B
Length : 3:15

Rum
Coke
Both

[Intro]
Let me hear you say "Rum & Coke !" (Rum & Coke !)
Say, "Ruuuuum & Coke .." (Ruuum & Coke !)

Drop that beat !

[Verse 1]
Red bottoms to announce my arrival
Showed my face and it became a Rum & Coke recital

Gotta make sure I authorize a prescription for these rivals
They take my name like a pill , bet money it's vital

These girls popping out the cleavage like it's a show off
Not my fault when I walk out the house , I gotta show off

Gotta make sure I authorize a prescription for these rivals
They stay mentioning my name , it's key for their survival

[Bridge]
Get a little attention and you think you run the game
I guess that's just the perks of fame
I-I-I-I guess that's just a perk of fame

But you don't even know how to play ?
I guess that's just the perks of fame
I-I-I-I guess that's just a perk of fame

[Verse 2]
Can't be the boss without a résumé
Can't be the champion without defeating me
Can't be the King of the hill
When your still at the bottom , tryna flash your dollar bills
I stay on my grind with the mill
All I gotta do is grind , bet money the venue will still pay a couple mill
Yea , you dropped a few hits . Mad 'cause we still at it ?
Rum & Coke stay on ya mind like an addict

You must be an #Addict , m-must be an #Addict

You must be an #Addict , m-must be an #Addict

[Hook]
Rum & Coke ? Killing bitches
All the paps ? Taking pictures
Them #Addicts clutch ? Found guilty !
Hit the scene , kill shit , we in the murda bidness
Who's killing rap ? This bitch is
Go ahead and ask , plenty have witnessed !
Girls , this Rum & Coke , we'll get ya man addicted

[Verse 1]
Rum , tell me sum'n
Where the fuck you came from and what you think you running ?
And why all these bitches scared , why they always running ?
How come yo' rhymes are basic but you stack hundreds ?
See , you don't get it , you ain't with it
See , I'm the junk , the chips , the salt and vinny
And everybody wants to say hello to the kitty
That's why she doesn't trust her man whenever he's with me

[Pre-hook]
N-no , no , no , nobody's focused on you
'Cause when I arrive on the spot you become #2
Yo' Coke , we doing the damn thing
Killing bitches dead , click clack , BANG BANG
It's the murda bidness

[Hook]
Rum & Coke ? Killing bitches
All the paps ? Taking pictures
Them #Addicts clutch ? Found guilty !
Who's killing rap ? This bitch is
Go ahead and ask , plenty have witnessed !
Girls , this Rum & Coke , we'll get ya man addicted

Track : Hold It Down
Artist :
Rum & Coke
Genre : Hip Hop , R&B
Written by : Airemese Smith
Length : 4:04

Coke

[Monologue]
Whaaat ? Of course I'm not in it for the money !
I talk about the money I've made all the fucking time
I show off the stuff I've bought with the money I've made all the time
It's one of the first credentials I bring up when someone says something I don't like on Twitter
But am I in it for the money ? No ! I'm in it for the ... the ...

(Why can't these celebs just be honest ?)
The family , yesss ! Shout out to my homeless brother..

[Verse 1]
I got this cake on my mind , an appetite
That I just can't find myself to fight
But it's alright , ain't like money is hard for me to find
I just park in yo' space and collect these bitches' dimes
'Cause while you're still focused on how to pay your bills
I'm focused on my next meal , you got to be real
You said you could easily blow a couple of mill
I bet you can , I bet you can

[Hook]
Got ice on my hand that doesn't melt
Got that Gucci fragrance on and they love my smell
Got on a clock that refuses to work
I live higher than my net worth , that's why I put in so much work
Cause who ?
Who ?
Who ?
Who ?
Who ?
Who ?
Who ?
Who else is gonna hold it down ?

[Verse 2]
No , it's not a problem for me
To help out the needy , I'm not greedy
I'm not greedy but I collect my interest
Just be glad you get a mention , at least I showed you some interest
You say , you say you can make your own money
I bet , I bet you can
But what happens when you're all alone and can't depend on a man ?
What happens ?

[Hook]
Cause who ?
Who ?
Who ?
Who ?
Who ?
Who ?
Who ?

[Hook]
Cause who ?
Who ?
Who ?
Who ?
Who ?
Who ?
Who ?

Track : Close the Curtains
Artist :
Rum & Coke
Genre : R&B
Length : 4:04

Coke

[Verse 1]
I'm on fire when put on display
Displayed my talents on a stage , not a mistake was made
This is what I was made for , this is why I get paid
Even if you paid for everything but my singing

[Chorus]
But when the curtains close , after everyone has left the show
My life is still up for show
This ain't what I signed up for
I should just be left alone
Didn't you already get what you wanted
When the curtains were open ?

Oh

[Verse 2]
Now you know , there's always one lie
Why do they expect for you to do everything right ?
When it comes to perfection , there's no gray in the black and white
I don't know why I still throw myself on a stage
When my freedom is sacrificed on a stage

[Chorus]
'Cause when the curtains close , after everyone has left the show
I should just be left alone
Didn't you already get what you wanted
When the curtains were open ?

Oh

[Bridge]
You know I'm living for you
And I drive myself crazy for you
I'm out here working for you
Will you only be satisfied when I die for you ?

[Chorus]
Cause when the curtains close , after everyone has left the show
I gave you what you wanted !
Why are the curtains still open ?

[Outro]
This ain't what I signed up for , this ain't what I signed up for
This ain't what I signed up for , this ain't what I signed up for
My life is still up for sho-ow , my life is still up for sho-ow oh !
When the curtains clo-ose !
Why can't you just let them clo-o-ose ?
Oh

Track : Human
& Coke
Genre : Hip Hop
Length : 2:48

Rum

[Intro]
What is life for a nigga like me?
Is it really rest
If I'm dreaming while I'm sleep ?
'Cause last time I checked , I was living a dream

[Verse 1]
1 for the money , 2 for the fam
Always wanted to be the breadwinner , now here I am
3 for the shoes , 4 for the pockets
I've seen a lot of stop signs but I'll be damned if I'm stopping
So stop it ,
I don't give a damn which one of these chickens crossing
You'll get fried in a minute if you think Rum's somebody worth crossing
'Cause you've lost it
And I've done lost touch of what it really means to
Respect the people who you once looked up to
Bob your head to shit you once used to
Just tryna outdo everything you would never try to
I used to look up to Locks and them
Now I'm on the look out for Locks and them
'Cause no matter how many friends I've made , we'll still be put up against
No matter how much I love their work , those comparisons will still box me in
See , I'm always doin my homework , I stay lurkin'
That's how I know I gotta stay at work , straight merkin'

[Hook]
'Cause what difference does it make if I weep ? Jesus wept too
I don't know if what it means to me is the same as you
See , they always want a role model , someone to look up to
Always want a punching bag , someone to criticize too
They always want a replacement , in case they ever get rid of you
Always want an ignorant track or two , so they can avoid the truth
'Cause either you're a higher power or you step down as a human
This life is too cutthroat , it was only made for the inhuman

[Verse 2]
Now how the fuck I'm 'posed to say this?
The tabloids got it wrong , the tabloids got it all wrong again
Even if I'm packing a few bodies
I swear I'm not coming after nobody
Even though I pop a few pills when
I'm feeling kinda low , I swear I'm not addicted
Even if I escape to my happy place
Hiding from the light just ain't my thing
Too much studio time for my own good
Put it all on hold til the critics tell me about my own good

[Hook]
'Cause what difference does it make if I weep ? Jesus wept too
I don't know if what it means to me is the same as you
See , they always want a role model , someone to look up to
Always want a punching bag , someone to criticize too
They always want a replacement , in case they ever get rid of you
Always want an ignorant track or two , so they can avoid the truth
'Cause either you're a higher power or you step down as a human
This life is too cutthroat , it was only made for the inhuman

Track : No Such Thing
Artist :
Rum & Coke
Genre : Experimental R&B
Length : 1:47

Coke

[Verse 1]
You ever seen a flower
That was just so beautiful ?
You tried not to pick it up
But just couldn't let go
Beauty has to be displayed
That's just the way it goes
So even the looks have to pay a price
Ever got a picture
Taken at the wrong angle ?
Even though it isn't what they want
To you , it seemed so damn valuable
But what good is your love
Of something for the people ?
So even raw emotion has to pay a price

[Hook]
Doo doo doo doo
Doo doo doo doo doo
Doo doo doo doo
And art pays the price

[Verse 2]
Have one of your dreams been so good
That you wouldn't wake up
Slipped into your reverie
Wished it wasn't so tough
'Cause the people you live for
Are the ones who make it rough
So your true self pays the price
'Cause while you're somewhere
Stuck in a la-la land
The world doesn't stop spinning
So here , your feet still stands
You lay back and do nothing
As they mold you into the perfect human
And reality pays the price
Because there's no such thing

Track : STONES
Genre : East Coast Hip Hop
Written by : Nina Tarantino , Airemese Smith
Length : 3:34

Rum
Coke

[Verse 1]
Let he who is without sin cast the first stone
Where does that leave the bitches who're in denial of ever doing wrong ?
I just don't understand how all of this went wrong
Cashing out checks instead of them , yep , it's all wrong
Sorry but I don't have no recollection of these sins
The main purpose of this big ass collection of gin
And that vodka , tequila , absinthe with Faust too
Sailing away and selling souls like the puppets do
Who am I ? Nobody .
'Cause if they pretend like I don't exist , maybe they wont get bodied
Like the shadow people , I ain't really tryna scare anybody
But like a thief in the night , I'll steal your limelight in a minute , ask somebody
Damn , I swear I heard God calling me home
Funny , I spoke the word but these fools still ready to throw
I may be scared of the Black Widow but not that black hooded cloak though
Fucked up the way the cookie
(clink clink)crumbles

[Hook]
STONES

[Verse 2]
Let he who is without sin cast the first stone
Out of all I've been through , who would've guessed my greatest match were stones ?
They used to say I was a child of God but I'd like to think I'm his offspring
Still get some , pour a little and smoke weed on the off week
But you better believe I'll start off the new week on my knees
Flying over the backslider title with my tainted wings
Can't you see ? I was made to fly
To land safely is a whole different story
That's why every night I take so long when basking in my glory
'Cause I know there's a stone or 2 waiting to make my bed for me
All these rappers be saying they ain't scared of no nigga
But be doing the most not to end up as a broke nigga
Damn , I swear I heard God calling me home
Funny , I spoke the word but these fools still ready to throw
I may be scared of the Black Widow but not that black hooded cloak though
Fucked up the way the cookie crumbles

[Hook]
STONES

[Bridge]
Mirror mirror on the wall
Who's the one destined to fall ?
Your looking at her now
Are you satisfied now ?
Mirror mirror on the wall
Who's the weakest of them all ?
Your looking at her now
Are you satisfied now ?

[Outro]
Sometimes we dare
Sometimes we don't
You may be scared
But I wont
Sometimes we endure
Sometimes we just stop
You might be surprised
But I'm not

Track : I'm A Loner Anyway
Artist :
Rum & Coke
Genre : PBR&B
Length : 3:54

Coke

[Verse 1]
All my friends
When they used to talk
They said I've changed a lot
And I don't disagree
And I don't miss the old me
They've turned into shadow people
They don't speak , they don't move
They just shadow what I've become
A constant reminder of my past

[Chorus]
But at the end of the day
It's not like I really need them
In a world full of enemies
I put on that painted face , I'm courageous
In time , you realize you don't need another fiend

Oh , oh

[Verse 2]
All my friends
They've started looking at me
In ways I can't define
Are they confused
Are they disgusted ?
'Cause they ain't proud
Ironic , for once I'm proud
A glimpse at the path I walk
(Oh , oh)
No one has my back , just some shadows

[Chorus]
But at the end of the day
It's not like I really need them
In a world full of enemies
I'm a loner anyway

Track : Q&A
& Coke
Genre : Hardcore Hip Hop
Length : 6:49

Rum

[Intro]
I wanna hit line drives...
Wanna lose weight and keep eating...
For you...
Hey, whats up doc?

[Bridge]
Now I was raised in the Q , where no one ever got answers
The people were given shit and the babies were denied pampers
So there rose these group of people who grew too tired to ask
And they were all labeled insurgents when they finally decided to act
You'd hear one thing from the neighbors and a different thing from the news
But what we'd all hear were the continuous shots , like there was nothing to lose
You'd say "Don't you worry your pretty face , it's really nothing .
Just fools being fools . How about you play something ?"

[Hook]
And I'd play it , (Bang ! Bang ! Bang ! Bang ! Bang !)
That's how I mastered this shit
Got y'all clapping for this shit
Shocked at how well I can play this shit
Playing pianos just for you , mothafucka , hope y'all amused
'Cause I played it ,
(Bang ! Bang ! Bang ! Bang ! Bang !) , And I'd play it (Bang ! Bang ! Bang ! Bang ! Bang !)
And I'd play it, (Bang ! Bang !) , And I'd play it , (Bang ! Bang !)
That's why I'm not playin'

[Interlude]
Liberation...leader...
Popular pie plant pictured here...
Wile E. Coyote! Wile E. Coyote!

[Verse 1]
This shit makes the kid get serious
Can't even focus on a bowl of cereal
Have you ever tried to mind your own business
And yet still have to answer to a bullet hole ?
Welcome to the bottom of the jungle
Where you gotta put up with a fucked up food chain
Last you checked , you coulda sworn you were at the bottom
"They're all a danger to society ." the news claims
Ain't nobody gon' say a damn thing
Nobody on the outside knows what's happening
People walk by everyday and hear nothing
But if these streets could talk , they'd be screaming
Little boys ending up like a modern day Abel
'Cause these other little boys were taught to be a modern day Cain
The power of distraction and attraction , yep , it's willing and it's able
And just like that , hope goes away faster than it came
That's why everybody leaves the hood once they get a new chain
Rather live the "good" life where you're bound to eat good , sugarcoated chains
Told myself I was leaving for good , but I'm still killing just to eat right
Passive-aggressiveness won't get you far in this spotlight life
Things we will never learn soon
In the era where we wanna earn soon
What would you do if you were my next homicide ?
'Cause shit , I don't know who'll be the next victim of my hit
Ain't like there's a hit list
Just a field filled with explosive mines ,
I've been waiting for y'all to cross this line
Questions and (answers !) , since you were so (curious !)
Between the Q and (Hollywood !) , I don't know the difference

[Bridge]
So there were mommies and daddies who didn't know how they were gonna pay bills
Instead they thought beating the sense out of each other would bring ideas for their next meal
I'd pretend to wake up early in the morning , lost sleep 'cause of screams
I'd try to ignore the yelling and ask you , hoping it wasn't what it seemed
You'd say "Don't be nosy . Just go play with your toys ."
So I'd go to my room and let my imagination tune out the noise

[Hook]
But I still heard it , (Boom ! Boom ! Boom ! Boom ! Boom !)
That's why I'm still hurting
In front of and behind the curtains
I'm this person
Cracking jokes just for you , mothafucka , hope y'all amused
'Cause I still hear it ,
(Boom ! Boom ! Boom ! Boom ! Boom !) , And I still heard it , (Boom ! Boom ! Boom ! Boom ! Boom !)
And I still heard it , (Boom ! Boom !) , And I still heard it , (Boom ! Boom !)
That's why I wont hear it

[Verse 2]
While you were focused how to get out of taxes
We were focused on how to get out the country
You don't make much when you driving taxis
You don't miss much but it ain't like you're happy
When them fists clutch up , nigga , think of something happy
Just close your eyes and pretend like nothing's happening
Fuck the fact that you can't sleep 'cause you know what's happening
Nita was trying to protect me but we both knew what was happening
2 kids can't raise no kids
2 kids can't pay no bills
2 kids can't put no food on the table
Unless we're talking Happy Meals
But that's just from them "happy deals"
Get rich quick -- rich enough to pay the bills
I mean don't speak on what you don't know of
But if you know this was your reality , why dangle yourself from a balcony ?
Yea , I've been eating good with the big boys (falconry)
Ain't making no noise , after that noise made by the toy (authority)
Wet everybody talking noise and still manage to show poise (majesty)
This is the only way I know , the bumpy road is my choice (savagery)
Questions and answers

[Bridge]
Where there were many deadbeats , there was always one proud padre
Who'd rather live sinful nights instead of surrendering to poverty in the light of day
Sometimes the men in black armor would raid the hood and barge right in
They were so busy tackling papi , they didn't even hear my crying
You'd say "Don't you worry . How about I play a game with you ?
I'll count to 100 while you go upstairs and hide in your room"

[Verse 3]
Hiding from the Feds
Tryna stash the meds
This same routine got you fed up
But at least you're getting fed
Closer to the Son
Further away from the guns
But wouldn't that make less of a mess anyway ?
Wouldn't that just make it easier for the enemy ?
I never let it take control of me
But I never said it didn't take a toll on me
Just another stat to the sanitarium
Meanwhile all the lunatics are selling out stadiums
Uh !
Perks of fame , Perks of Fame
Only for puppets , who're well behaved
If you've started from the bottom
Then you'll end up kissing bottoms
You imbeciles !
That's classism at it's best
Nothing like a well-mannered Uncle Tom
Preach to the streets , stay on beat
Don't fight your leash , just wait patiently
But when it comes to me , I'll rise
I'll fight , no fears , just pain
'Cause after a life of it , there's only so much I'm bound to gain
Only so many people that you could play
Only so much shit the blind can take
They wont know what they're playing against
But guaranteed they'll be playing the game
(They'll be playing the game !
They'll be winning your game !)
Only so many years you can fend for the insane
There's only so much reign an empire can sustain

Track : Flashbacks
& Coke
Genre : Alternative Hip Hop
Length : 1:00

Rum

[Verse 1]
Drown my sorrows with a dry mouth
You had the chance but didn't take me out
Why my best friends ? Why my cousin ? Why not me ?
A few stray bullets wasn't enough , should've aimed your guns at me
'Cause just maybe I'm a bad person , I caused enough hurt
She's done to herself exactly what I've deserved
A knife , a whisper , some pressure , a pain my back's always been destined to feel
In time , they'll linger , just to measure , who am I to dance in the cotton fields ?
When years ago that gun went off and my voice ran off ?
What's the difference between a witness and a snitch ?
The difference between someone bitter and a bitch ?
Am I really hurt if the pain I take is what I put upon myself ?
Is the Hell we are taught to avoid , later in life built by our very selves ?
Fuck, Junior , wake up ! Tell me you're alive , that you didn't die , just held your breath and decided to close your eyes
Just tell me you love me , tell me that I'm , actually worth something , that I can love something outside of dollar signs
I've always striven to be candid , but when I look at myself all I see is all that I've did..
Back then , all they did was warn me of Last Judgement , but you can't fire me , fuck it , I quit !

Edited by user 01 March 2021 06:40:06(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 7 users thanked kandii for this useful post.
snap_itshannah on 04/05/2014(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 04/05/2014(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 04/05/2014(UTC), DistortedAudio on 05/05/2014(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 05/05/2014(UTC), erich hess on 08/05/2014(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 10/05/2014(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#3 Posted : 04 May 2014 11:35:17(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
Honor: Well why didn't you release this months ago and just completely screw me up. I've never liked Hip Hop so much that wasn't in the 90's or early 2000's. I'm also fangirling because you were close to Bieber, J.Lo and Jessie J. I feel like my life is a waste.

OOC: Love each and every damn song on this album :) I think you're on some kind of crack or steroids because you just throw albums and songs together like you're just changing clothes lol.
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
kandii on 04/05/2014(UTC)
Offline freestylechamp  
#4 Posted : 04 May 2014 12:21:11(UTC)
freestylechamp

Man
United States

Was thanked: 6094 time(s) in 2656 post(s)
OOC: Love it, and the part that builds more character for the two of them. I couldn't do that with one person too much work.

Jordan: Man, I don't how you girls got to be so talented but serious it must be nice to just be like "Yea, I did TV, I was a dancer, it was was nothing."

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked freestylechamp for this useful post.
kandii on 04/05/2014(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#5 Posted : 05 May 2014 02:30:21(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
OOC: YAAAS. You really did this, amazing read and great album here. I like how you didn't do the traditional release. Cool idea and this should really make for some great results. These two have really come a long way, look at them now ;) You've done them true justice Semeria :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
kandii on 05/05/2014(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#6 Posted : 08 May 2014 11:45:30(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

Quote:
Honor: Well why didn't you release this months ago and just completely screw me up. I've never liked Hip Hop so much that wasn't in the 90's or early 2000's. I'm also fangirling because you were close to Bieber, J.Lo and Jessie J. I feel like my life is a waste.

OOC: Love each and every damn song on this album :) I think you're on some kind of crack or steroids because you just throw albums and songs together like you're just changing clothes lol.

Rum : Aw , thank you mami ! Don't worry , it's perfectly called for . *Flips hair* My résumé makes girls feel like that sometimes . Lol just playing . This all really means a lot .

OOC : LOL , this is so accurate ! Well ... except for the crack and steroids o.o This is insomnia at it's best lmao . Thanks , Tequila :P
thanks 1 user thanked kandii for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 08/05/2014(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#7 Posted : 10 May 2014 04:07:51(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

Was thanked: 3513 time(s) in 1683 post(s)
OOC: I told you before, your albums are really innovative, I think you made up a style of RPing albums by yourself and I really like it, don't bother if I borrow your idea LOL... good job!

Edited by user 10 May 2014 04:08:53(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

I was gone for a while, but I'm back (not that you care about LOL)
thanks 1 user thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
kandii on 11/05/2014(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#8 Posted : 10 May 2014 05:58:52(UTC)
erich hess

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 17910 time(s) in 10405 post(s)
Mariko: ok,I give in. Yout two work so well together,I am totally ok with you being the object of Aires lust. Hell,go at it with her,if it means music like this.

Erica: make good music,get a pass from mariko.

Mariko: I will throw in an orange too.

Erica: good thinking. Keep scurvy away from rum and coke.

Mariko: we kobayashi have so much to give.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
kandii on 11/05/2014(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#9 Posted : 11 May 2014 03:48:22(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: freestylechamp Go to Quoted Post
OOC: Love it, and the part that builds more character for the two of them. I couldn't do that with one person too much work.

Jordan: Man, I don't how you girls got to be so talented but serious it must be nice to just be like "Yea, I did TV, I was a dancer, it was was nothing."

OOC : Thank you ! And trust me , if I can , you can too lol .

Coke : Lmao thank you , Jordan ! I never really realized how good we got it . Like , I have bragging rights I've never once thought about using .
Offline kandii  
#10 Posted : 11 May 2014 17:00:22(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: Famouss7x7 Go to Quoted Post
OOC: YAAAS. You really did this, amazing read and great album here. I like how you didn't do the traditional release. Cool idea and this should really make for some great results. These two have really come a long way, look at them now ;) You've done them true justice Semeria :)

OOC : Wow lol , thank you so much , Jaime ! I don't know if it's just because they're my first characters but I really do try my best to get them at the top of these forums . Idk why . I'm just weird like that . But this just gave me life AND an ego lmao . ❤

Edited by user 11 May 2014 17:01:34(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified