logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Andre Gandra  
#1 Posted : 22 July 2014 10:52:57(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 3513 time(s) in 1683 post(s)
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

The Grim History of Love is the fourth album by Brazilian born singer / songwriter Abie Lena. The album was produced by longtime collaborator Rick Rubin and Gia-Rose Hilton, the last one being responsible to collaborate with the singer on her third studio album. Abie started out writing material for this album while she was traveling the world with her family after she finished the No Venues tour last year.
Instantly the lyrics were taking form of a Pop Opera, telling the story of a ghost and its tragic love story. Entirely recorded in L.A., Abie first showed the idea of making a conceptual album in a form of a pop opera for her team when she came back of her trip around the world. Later on when she had almost all the song composed and written, she decided to call Studio60 representatives to show her plans for the album. Immediately Gia-Rose Hilton gave the green card so Abie could freely work on the project with whomever she wanted to.
Names attached to the project are Ricki Rubin and Gia-Rose Hilton as mentioned before, Lilly Stuart, Magie Lena, Drake Anthon Zaslavsky, as part of ElectroDeath production team and Julia Volkova who had a minor participation on the production of the album.

Background and Production

Back in 2012 Abie discovered she suffered of diabetes and so she had to check into a rehab to reeducate her habits so she could have a better quality of life. That experience lead her to produce her third album “The End Starts Now” which received worldwide critical acclaim revealing the increasing artistry showed on its lyrics and production. After she finished the promotion of that album, Abie decided to take a break from music, which by the way would take one year long. She went on a world trip with her family where most of the places they visited were countries on Asia such India and China. After six months of traveling Abie found herself writing again, that was when she decided to come back home and dedicate herself to that creativity moment, once back in 2011 she suffered of a writer’s block case.
Back home she called some people to work with her based on the ideas she had while she was traveling and one of these people were the longtime collaborator Rick Rubin. They recorded an amount of 17 demos at her home studio, when finally Abie decided to call Studio60 to show them the material she had for a fourth record release.
Most of the lyrics of the project were write when Abie was already in the recording studio, which means that Rick and Abie first had composed the melodies of the album. However, the story of making a conceptual album about a single character was born in the studio. Some people claim that Gia-Rose Hilton was responsible to encourage Abie to do a Pop Opera album.
For the writing sections of the record, several people were invite to join in, most of them chosen by Abie herself, due to the freedom obtained from Studio60 after Abie was named as the executive producer of the project. This is first time Abie executive produces her own music. Abie’s sibling, Magie Lena, was the first to collaborate in the writing sections of the record, something she has done before, Lilly Stuart co-wrote all of the tracks of the album and even Drake Anthon Zlavsky (mISTER_b) collaborate in the writing sections of the record. The production part was also responsible mainly by Abie, but it received a big help from Rick Rubin who was invited by Abie to co-executive produce the project and Gia-Rose Hilton who produced more than half of the songs on it.

Music

The album starts with the haunting instrumental track “Nowhere” composed of classical piano, it last one minute and forty-seven seconds repeating the same riff. However, it shifts as the song reaches a climax with additional melodies performed by xylophone and subtly ending to give space for the first singing track of the album “Where Immortals Live”, it bears similarities of “Nowhere” but it is wider and braver. It has electric guitar, bass and drums playing with dream pop genre and adding a dramatic mood to the album, something Abie is used to do. The vocal performance is the best part of the track, Abie sings it almost lyrically, with falsettos and contraltos, her voice receives some treatments but nothing that would take off the majesty of the emotion delivered on it. There a solo of electric guitar in its bridge turning the track into a classical surf rock song, it certainly introduces the listener to what is coming next.
“The Pact”, “Redemption” and “The Break Up” are almost a follow up to each other. Both are indie pop tracks flirting with vintage guitar riffs and blues bass melodies. Abie’s vocals are warm and undeniably ironic, one of the highlights of Abie entire career are her vocal performances, perhaps that’s the reason we love her so much, she manages to transmit the exactly feeling the lyrics of the song are talking about. The subtle differences among the tracks are obviously its guitar riffs, the first one has some flavor on it, and the second, probably was made in a dream where Abie was a member of Led Zepelin. The last one received a special treatment, thanked to the synthesizers of nowadays, they mixed Abie’s vocalizing with electric guitar, and it almost turned into a power ballad. Abie added a bunch of textures to her vocals, performing herself different tones of backing vocals for the three songs, they manage to add some classic elements to them. We have seen she act like this before on her last album, so there is no surprise for us until now.
Piano and acoustic guitar introduces “Casual Meeting” and due to the storytelling of the lyrics, Abie almost raps the track singing its lines. Obviously she has classy while doing it, and the choruses of the track are warmly and sad as. There is even a “la la la” vocalization in the beginning and at the end of the track to increase its vintage sound, and this track finishes the first part of the record.
As it is a conceptual album with three distinct segments, there are other instrumental tracks and here comes another one called “Transcending”. Certainly now we are about to go in a different direction compared to Abie’s traditional music skills. It has electric guitars, a pop drum sequence and some cool electronic effects, it is still indie pop, but it received a pop rock element. Abie told before on interviews that she did not want to be linked to a single genre and she clearly proves it in this track. Keeping the pop rock influence of “Transcending” comes “Burial”, “He Grieves” and “Something Before”. The first has different guitar riffs on it, a subtle drum sequence and an impressive sexy vocal performance by Abie, her voice is so versatile that she managed to perform with the sexiness required by a rock track. Following “Burial”, it’s “He Grieves” and other than just adding some pop rock flavor, this track goes deep in the genre. Certainly, a song that could find a place on Rio! In the Boulevard repertoire. It is mid tempo thanks to its slow drums, there is at least two different electric guitars, a bridge and a solo of drumming in the end of it, Abie sounds sad and very passionate. To end the “pop rock” shift of the record we have the hopeful “Something Before” which uses piano and acoustic guitars to lighten up the rock sound of it, but it still bears some elements of the previous track as if both tracks were supposed to be a single one. It is quite usual for a conceptual album to have songs connect with each other with very subtle differences. The big differences are some extra instruments added to “Something Before” like violin, harmonica and mandolin, responsible for setting the mood of the album to a more lyrical oriented sound and so Abie does it with her vocal either, with falsettos and contraltos.
“I’m sad” ends the second segment of the record quite simply but undeniably desolating and intimate. It is the darkest song of the album and the most minimalistic too. It is composed of guitars and slowly into its length, a slow tempo drum sequence adds an extra flavor of depressiveness, Abie sings it in a low key, with breathy warm vocals with some variation in the bridge, where she raises her key a tone.
The instrumental track “The Other Side” is short and composed of mandolin, which is a musical instrument in the lute family. It was played in fast tempo setting a very disturbing mood to the track and ending with ambient sounds. After the introductory track for the third and final segment of the record, comes probably the highlight sound of the entire track. We have seen Abie flirting with dream pop and orchestral pop on her last album and in this record she fully used the genre to end the segment of the album.
With a sight radio effect added to her voice, Abie sing the track “Lost in Hell” in low key tone and it sounds as scary as she could ever sound, accompanying her initially, there’s an electronic ambient sound till a classical piano enters and turns the song into a baroque pop lyrical masterpiece. There is additional backing vocals orchestral performed although reports tell that Abie did all the voices of the orchestra. The track grows as it reaches the end ending several other elements such as drums, violins and other lyrical influenced elements and subtle electronic ambient sounds. Up next, it is the innocent “Ghosts” starting right after Abie singing the first line of the track, it is a very complex progressive track, it has some lullaby feel on its sound, especially because of the piano riff, but there are also orchestral vocals, violins and percussion. Some sight electronic sounds added to turn the backing vocals a bit spooky. Abie reaches some high notes on the bridge of the track.
The next track “Angels Calling” has several similarities from “Ghosts” but it is a little more edge when it comes to vocal performance and orchestral melodies and harmonies. It begins with an electronic sound, it’s definitely scary and epic, also very emotional and cinematic. “The last Goodbye” is the most experimental track of the entire album. It is an indie electro song formed of industrial sound, it can be compared to bands like Portishead or Depache Mode, it’s also very ambient driven and Abie’s vocal style is thin and high, she abuses of falsettos and adds backing vocals in its choruses. The second verse is very enigmatic, Abie whisper the lines of it, yet it is very disturbing and scary. The track ends with Abie repeating a phrase until it fades away.
After three segments, the album comes with a sort of an epilogue, which consist of another short introduction track and finally a final track. “After Death” is a carol vocalized by Abie, its very desolating, Abie has an incredible range on her voice, we never listened such level of control as we listen in this short carol, it’s very impressive. Setting the mood for the final track, and the fully orchestral pop “Old Soul” has harp, strings and piano and obviously Abie amazing vocal performance, the best one of the entire record. Despite it might sound sad and quite desolating due to the previous track, it has such a hopeful sensation on its melodies and that is how it ends the record.

Concept

Abie wrote all the songs of the record as a storytelling that she imagine while she was traveling in India. It’s a story of a ghost who’s reviving all of its moments in real life and obviously her dramatic love story. The first segment of the album after “Where Immortals live” tells the story from the moment she meets her love and falls in love with him. The second segment is about her death and about the grieving feelings of her lover towards her death. Then the third segments is the actual moments where the first track of the album was talking about, both spirits freely on the other side meeting again in opposite sides, till it finally ends with an epilogue that represents the summary feelings that this female ghost bears for eternity.
Several influences is used its lyrical content. Mostly philosophies of spiritualism and Christianity about life after death, marriage, betrayals, sins and later on reincarnation. Other influences used to write the lyrics are elements of dramatic theatrical, with the usage of skilled language and lyrical analogies.
All of the songs from a chronological line of the story, it’s easy perceived all the acts that both characters make while they’re human beings and after they die, focusing on their feelings and the consequences of their actions.

Length: 60 Minutes
Label: Studio 60
Producers: Rick Rubin, Gia-Rose Hilton, Drake Anthon Zlavsky (mISTER_b), Abie Lena, Julia Volkova
Writters: Abie Lena, Lilly Stuart, Drake Anthon Zlavsky (mISTER_b), Rick Rubin, Magie Lena
Executive Producer: Abie Lena

1. Nowhere
2. Where immortals live
3. The Pact
4. Redemption
5. The Break Up
6. Casual Meeting
7. Transcending
8. Burial
9. He grieves
10. Something Before
11. I’m sad
12. The Other Side
13. Lost in Hell
14. Ghosts
15. Angels Calling
16. The Last Goodbye
17. After Death
18. Old Soul

Edited by user 03 September 2014 22:05:51(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

I was gone for a while, but I'm back (not that you care about LOL)
thanks 6 users thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
Famouss7x7 on 22/07/2014(UTC), freestylechamp on 22/07/2014(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 22/07/2014(UTC), snap_itshannah on 22/07/2014(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 22/07/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 08/09/2014(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#2 Posted : 22 July 2014 11:13:15(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
Gia: As the kids say these days, "Let the slayage begin" ;)
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
Andre Gandra on 22/07/2014(UTC)
Offline Clampdown  
#3 Posted : 22 July 2014 13:51:18(UTC)
Clampdown

Man
United States

Was thanked: 1095 time(s) in 398 post(s)
Noel: Gia, I have never heard that saying in my life and I still consider myself a kid dispite that fact I'm almost thirty. I probably should start saying it. "Slayage." It's so hardcore! \m/
Active Bands/Artists:

Some Kind of Planet

Other characters:
[b]Leon Peralta - Main writer for Coast 2 Coast Music

thanks 1 user thanked Clampdown for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 22/07/2014(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#4 Posted : 23 July 2014 02:59:07(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

NOWEHERE

"Once, my mother told me that we all go to heaven when we die. I was only seven years old when she told me that and as the time was passing by, I was getting older, she would tell me that I would go to heaven if I follow the Lord’s path he shall be mercy of my soul and I would find a place in heaven when I die. I was born Christian and I was raised a Roman Catholic Apostolic, but the funny fact of all that is I that never believed in a real God. My story starts sad and it ends sad, there was no God in the middle of my transition, there was no heaven for my soul to rest, all that I was said my entire life was a lie but I confess I was not impressed, in fact I was aware of all the things I would face after the day I left that living life.
Everyone wish to be immortal, we live our lives trying to be remembered forever, that’s the real immortality and its funny, because I never wished to be immortal, but I am immortal, I live forever and that’s so painful and so wearing. But I cannot complain, it could be worse, despite I didn’t find a heaven, I did hear about hell, they say your biggest fear becomes your hell, I can’t even imagine what is like to eternally live in hell, but I can wonder, because I feel that I’m on the edge.
Sometimes I visit the old house I used to live, so I remember my mother, she was the closest thing I had I could call love, she was always teaching me and warning me, I was so naive to believe in her words, now I know that she suffered as much I did, she didn’t want that situation for my life, but there a thing in this world that I believe and that’s called fate. Unfortunately my fate was imperfect. I had to die to find the truth and now I have to live to handle that truth, the truth that hurts the soul, the truth that torments this eternal life.
I will tell you my story, the story of a ghost, of a forgotten spirit, that’s who I am now, don’t fear me, because I you cannot be as scared as I live my days, that I don’t even know if they’re actually days, such a mortal word.

My story starts when I’m immortal."

Sounds Like

Edited by user 23 July 2014 03:15:21(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

thanks 2 users thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
AmyJayneXoX on 23/07/2014(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 23/07/2014(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#5 Posted : 23 July 2014 03:15:04(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

WHERE IMMORTALS LIVE

“Suddenly being a ghost is just the best moment in my entire existence, if I balance what I achieved when I was human to what I can do now, I feel freer, like I never felt before. I once was cursed to be beside someone that never loved for real, but I gave to him all that I had, my body and my heart and my mind was given to him in a pact we made. But he was not sincere, he didn’t want me the way I wanted him and for so much time I fought to make that miserable life work, but I failed.
So I can feel the pressure out of my shoulder now, I might not know to where I’m going or why do I still have conscience of my past live, but I don’t feel that obsessive love anymore, I don’t even miss my children, because I know they’re doing fine. It’s a strange feeling and its funny at the same time, because I remember when I used to breathe, well I don’t need to breathe anymore, it’s weird not feel the air filling your lungs.
But I see him, I’m a curious soul, I visited him, he is barely breathing too, I know he’s gonna die soon, I can see his life fading away, he saw me and he asked me to run away, I think I understand his fear, he regrets everything. I just fear that this regression he’s feeling right now, it’s not safe for his soul, after all he might pay for breaking our pact, and I’ll be here to watch, because that’s the burden I’ll have to bear even though I’m at where immortals live.”

Lyrics

Quote:
For so much time I searched
Something that would break this curse
Something I could trust
And so I failed and I fell in my own lust

When I had flesh
And love was subdued
Nothing was free, not even me
And neither you

But now I can fly away
Beyond the suffering
Where humans can’t breathe
Where immortals live

You’ll meet me
In your restless dreams
When you’re open and fragile
And no air is in your lungs

Hurts to know there’s no coming back
Torments my soul that you’re still there
You’re the remnant, the glimpse of penance
I had to see when you left me

Now, At night you pray
For someone to take my remembrance away
Darling, I didn’t want no other place
From you, just far away

And even if I could
Touch the ground
I would despise you
And your love unsound

‘Cause now I can fly away
Beyond the suffering
Where humans can’t breathe
Where immortals live

You’ll meet me
In your restless dreams
When you’re open and fragile
And no air is in your lungs

Sounds Like

Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

thanks 3 users thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 23/07/2014(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 23/07/2014(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 01/08/2014(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#6 Posted : 23 July 2014 03:29:32(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

THE PACT

“This is the story that I lived when I was human. I was a young naïve Born-again Christian, lived in a family whose beliefs where in the laws of the Lord. He was older and smarter than I and also undeniably charming and handsome, I still think there is not another man in the whole world like him. Perhaps we were destined to be together, that was what I first thought when I met him.
He took my virginity in the second night we hangout, his soft skin touching me, I was boiling inside for carnal desire, I wanted him so badly. I fooled him that night; I knew that if my father found that we sinned, he would obey him to marry me. I had love enough for both of us, but he was not going to stand a life that he was obeyed to live so I offered him a pact.
Some people like to fool itself; I guess I am one of them, after all I was just certifying that he would not leave me until I was dead. We married in a summer night and we sold our souls in that honeymoon, by blood, he was obeyed to stay with me till the end of my time even though he could sleep with other women to fulfill his carnal desires, I was the one he would always come back too.
At first it worked pretty well, I could live with his cheating, because I knew he would come back to me every night, but then, she appeared! He should not have taken part on the Pact."

Lyrics

Quote:
He was bohemian
She was a born-again Christian
He profaned the holiness
But she desired that day

But hey, who could deny
Such lovers being unite
Under deem light

He was persuaded by their sin
She was happy to marry him
But how love overcomes obligation
When it isn't spontaneous

Then she decided to love by both of them
She was blind
And he was stuck to that life

Seven years has gone so fast
Both wished take back the past
Watched by the eyes of the Inquisition
They had no other place to run

So they made a deal
A pact with each other, bound by their blood
They finally would be free

They would keep up appearances
They would show perfect decency
But it was fake

They would be the perfect couple
They would hide any imperfections
They were imperfect

They would pretend to love until death
They would even have children
But love was sad

So that was the agreement
They were giving up their ambitions
Selling their souls
One would wander
Until the other by time would die

Hummmmmmmm
Hummmmmmmm
Hummmmmmmm

Sounds Like
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

RoseJapanFan on 23/07/2014(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 23/07/2014(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#7 Posted : 23 July 2014 07:40:40(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

REDEMPTION

“She was the reason for the failure of our pact, she didn’t want just a single night with him, she wanted more and so she used all her skills to conquer him, to take him away from me, away from his family. In a short time he was not carrying about me anymore, he was completely under her spell, I wasn’t strong enough to fight for him, she won all over him.
I was sure she had to pay, she needed to be seen as the evil one of our triangle, so I told everyone I could about the whore that she was. but I was certain that she didn’t know about the pact, he was connected with me for the rest of my life, we made a deal, it didn’t matter if he was in love with her.
For sometime I could control the situation in my favor, at least I thought I could, I was always making our children turn against him, I was searching for support in everywhere. His conscience was helping me too, he thought they were sinners, but I was getting tired of fighting for someone who never loved me, when I regained conscience and acted rational, I decided to give up on him once and for all. They could find redemption.”

Lyrics

Quote:
I stopped to think about you and me
I noticed your indifference, crystal clear
You said things and I believed in everything
Now you tell me all of this is a sin

Seemed so pleasant, we were both having fun
In that stained mattress by our vile actions
The more I indulged myself, the more you fell
We destroyed matrimony and now we’ll burn in hell

Throw all of your stones
Make me your martyr
You may come out unscathed
Don’t bother if I’ll be alright

As long as I find redemption
You can throw all of your stones
Don’t bother if I’ll be alone
I’m sure I’ll find redemption

Certainly I was the loser of this game
You had what you wanted and now I’m with the shame

Seemed so pleasant, we were both having fun
In that stained mattress by our vile actions
The more I indulged myself, the more you fell
We destroyed matrimony and now we’ll burn in hell

Throw all of your stones
Make me your martyr

I’ll pray to Buda
I’ll learn from Baba
I’ll take me to the spiritual plane
Then I shall be redeemed

Oh, this affair only brought me pain
In the end, pleasure is expensive
But we all have a second chance to improve
I’ll find redemption
I’ll find redemption
I’ll find redemption
I’ll find redemption

Throw all of your stones
Make me your martyr

I’ll pray to Buda
I’ll learn from Baba
I’ll take me to the spiritual plane
Then I shall be redeemed

Sounds Like
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

AmyJayneXoX on 23/07/2014(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 25/07/2014(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#8 Posted : 23 July 2014 07:51:47(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

THE BREAK UP

“I had a perception of a life beside that man, I was certain that we would made to be together, but what was going to happen with my happiness by living a situation like I was living? It clearly was not the plan I had for myself, even though there was a pact, even though people would point at me on the streets, I had to end that situation.
In our darkest moment, when we are facing a change, we search for forces in the most obscure places of our soul; I had to be strong, for my children, for my family, for myself. I had to learn how to love me first and how to say goodbye to what was pushing my vibe down.
I did not have to worry about the pact, because he broke the agreement first and if anything bad would happen with me it would happen with him first. That was the deal; the first one to break it would suffer the consequences. I was finally taking the trails of my life although I felt my heart falling apart at the Break Up.”

Lyrics

Quote:
I finally figured out
Although I was already flouted, you were my dearest doubt
Now it’s time, to start again
But this time you’re not in my plans
I’ve grown I’ve changed

You never loved me
And you were the first to break the agreement
I was a fool
But love is not always blind and this is my statement

Go and move on with your life
I release you, this time
So go on and live on your own
Move on with your life

I’ll be fine, I’ll be good
I’ll be safe, I’ll be good
I’ll be well, so so well
I’ll be good

I’ll be well, so so well
I’ll be good

If this all mean, we don’t owe,
Nothing for each other
Then we’re not bound by unbreakable bonds

I'm tired of being left behind
I hope she’ll be better than I ever was
You cannot hide your flaws

You never loved me
And you were the first to break the agreement
I was a victim
You and she definitely were made for each other

Go and move on with your life
I release you, this time
So go on and live on your own
Move on with your life

I’ll be well, so so well
I’ll be good

I’ll be well, so so well
I’ll be good

Sounds Like

Edited by user 16 August 2014 05:48:35(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

AmyJayneXoX on 23/07/2014(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 25/07/2014(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#9 Posted : 23 July 2014 08:01:49(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

CASUAL MEETING

“Time passed so fast, I was old when I was at this restaurant with my children, celebrating my birthday, suddenly I looked to the other side of the table that I was sited and I could saw him and her together. Do you know the feeling of being punched in the stomach? I guess I could felt that way. It was a chock for me to see that he married her.7
We had a pact, we had a deal, he would come back to me, but he broke it. They were happy, kissing each other, I wanted him to see me, what a jerk he was, what a fool I was. I got sick after that night, I did not know why, but now I think it has something to do with the pact, after all we shared blood on that matrimony.
I was getting even more sick, till I couldn’t stand anymore, in my bed I was falling apart, I was dying slowly, I knew it had to be that way, something was telling me that I would receive the relieve that I was searching for and that he needed to pay. Would it be a revenge? I did not think that way, I was guilty too, but I was true to our vows.
I died in a Sunday morning, with the sun over my head, I could see my body lied down in that bed and I was standing in front of it, I was not sad, I was free that was my first impression and here I am in another casual meeting."

Lyrics

Quote:
Last night amid bad food, cheap drinks and foolish talk
I found you sitting in front of me near the other wall
I felt the ground ran off my feet I couldn’t walk
Until she came and sat opposite you
It’s strange for me to see and not to kiss you
‘Cause I still feel the taste of your kisses in my mouth
I asked my friends, I needed to get out
‘Cause every time I see you my heart falls apart

When, when
Will I have courage to say?
When will I be brave?
As you watch, you watch me
My heart leaps when I see
You straight looking at me

If I could I would devour you
This wish inside my heart is cruel
When I’m alone I think in you
And all things that we gone through
If we could regain the time lost
I’d put my trust in this love
But now you’re not available

Suddenly your eyes, found my eyes
I felt all the resentment that lingers behind
Lasted only a second but seemed an eternity
As a distasteful dramatic stupid movie
You looked down and I looked around
Cause both of us couldn’t stand each other's presence
Unhealed wounds ache in our souls
Missing all the words that were untold

Tears, tears
Rolling down my face again
Just when I didn’t need them
As you watched me, you watched me
There was still a remnant of our love
But then, you kissed her

If I could I would devour you
This wish inside my heart is cruel
When I’m alone I think in you
And all things that we gone through
If we could regain the time lost
I’d put my trust in this love
But now you’re not available

Sounds Like

Edited by user 25 July 2014 03:00:29(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

AmyJayneXoX on 25/07/2014(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 25/07/2014(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#10 Posted : 23 July 2014 08:03:41(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

TRANSCENDING

"Why did she leave me? we had a pact, we had something connecting us through death, now she is in this transition and I'm here in this worldy life, destined to live upon my sins, it's not fair. Who is the woman who lies beside me every night, she is not her, and she will never be, why did I break up the holy matrimony?
So many questions and no answer to ease the pain, to make me feel better, I'm gonna have to grieve, I know it's a burden, I know I'll have to pay for my sins."

"Have you heard he is suffering? I can see him crying every night, alone away from his new wife, he cries for me, but what a poor soul he is. It is just remorse, I am sure of it; I can see his heart up from here. I have believed in love my whole worldly life, but now I don't believe it anymore. Look at him, he can't love his new wife anymore, but he didn’t love me as well, it's just his conscience making him suffer, while I'm transcending."

Sounds Like

Edited by user 25 July 2014 03:00:55(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

Offline Andre Gandra  
#11 Posted : 23 July 2014 08:09:46(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

BURIAL

“The marching of a black parade, ‘she is dead’ they scream, some of them cry, some of them grieve, quietly, she was innocent, and she was a born-again Cristian. Will she find heaven? Only by the measure of her good acts and the judgment of God.
She was a good mother, a good wife, but she was divorced, no husband will cry over her tomb, but look over there, does he come to say goodbye? Followed by the eyes of everyone, he is such a sinner and he will burn in hell. God will not have mercy of why he did to her; she is dead because of him.
Her family is suffering; her children can’t stand the burial.”

Lyrics

Quote:
Black raindrops fall off the sky
While they carry out the coffin
People march through the street
Some of them cry

She had all the reasons
But she didn’t have the ‘whys’
Of the questions
Yet she threw herself in lies

So they grieve
‘Cause she’s dead
He laments
The pain in his chest
She’s gone away
He needed to stay
Their love was a mistake

Extend the carpet and let she passes through it,
Her spirit flies away
If she was ever happy one day before this nightmare
Let her memories remain
Doesn’t matter she was doing the same as him
She was the one who felt the pain
There isn’t anybody that can withstand the suffering
So she is dead…

Yeah!
Her illness was too much love
Humm yeah!
Now he’s the one in pain
Oh, She was just too good to stay…

Sounds Like

Edited by user 25 July 2014 03:01:28(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

Offline Andre Gandra  
#12 Posted : 23 July 2014 08:19:38(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

HE GRIEVES

Lyrics

Quote:
I see you behind the glass
The same beauty of yore
Eyes closed and skin bright as brass
But it’s not like it was before

If I could do the sunflowers sprout in the moonlight
If I could change the weather in storm nights
If I could create a rainbow on winter mornings
If I could stop the needy longings

I would do
Just ‘cause you asked me to
I would make
Just to see you safe
I would deter
Just ‘cause you deserve
I would be what you want
Just ‘cause you deserve

We don’t know,
What’s beyond the pain
And now that you’re gone
Alone I’ll remain

If I could take back the time and fix you
If I could take back the time and change you
If I had the perception that I have now
If I knew I loved you long time ago

I would be
Whatever you need
I would change
Just to see you safe
I would deter
Just ‘cause you deserve
I would be what you want
Just ‘cause you deserve

And your shadow follows me
And your face haunts me
And your memory dominates me
And your innocence condemns me
My conscience fools me
If they will blame me
‘Cause I was afraid
And that’s my weakness
And I cannot grieve

So I ask you in this pray
I ask you to forgive me
My heart is heavy
My mind is messy
And I feel like I didn’t tell you goodbye

Sounds Like

Edited by user 25 July 2014 03:02:08(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

Offline Andre Gandra  
#13 Posted : 23 July 2014 08:45:37(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

SOMETHING BEFORE

“This is the present, I’m a ghost, I’m on the other side, but I was something before”

Lyrics

Quote:
When the wind cross through you
And you won’t feel a thing
It’s just that you don’t have skin
And you speak but no sound
Comes out off your mouth

Just a pale and forgettable memory
Wandering through the centuries
Am I a ghost, or am I just in a transition
I don’t have a shape, but I have a vision
I was something before
I was something before

In the middle of a life I was stuck
Forces that wouldn’t let me burst
There was anger but it was long ago
There was a glimpse of reality I was bonded

I don’t a shape, but I have a vision
I was something before
I was something before

Uncertainties that brought me here
Erased all my memory
Till the end of the times I will wander
Without knowing why I still exist

I don’t a shape, but I have a vision
I was something before
I was something before
I had something before
I had something before

Sounds Like

Edited by user 25 July 2014 03:02:38(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

Offline Andre Gandra  
#14 Posted : 25 July 2014 02:50:02(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

I’M SAD

“It was meant to be this way, I feel death approaching me, she is gonne, but our pact remains and deep in my mind I know what I have to do, just like I know why I am sad.”

Lyrics

Quote:
I’m sad
But I cannot say why
I just wanna lie in bed
In my warm blanket

I’m sad
Seems everything is meaningless
And its senseless living
It’s all pretend

I see everything black and white
I take happy pills to control my mind
Nothing fills the void inside
So, just leave me alone tonight

I’m sad
Although I don’t look like
And I can still be interesting
But I have a hole in place of a heart

I’m still sad
So let me be alone
As I’ll sing this song
With verses so sharp

Even the sun shines in my window
And birds sing on the top of the trees
I can’t hear a sound or smell the willow
So I close my eyes to sleep

Don’t wake me in the morning
‘Cause I wake up with bad mood
Just don't come to my room, let me sleep in peace

Yes, I’m sad
Should I just kill myself?
‘Cause this is as boring as living
So who can tell?

I’ll still be sad
Even if I live a hundred years
And you'll be laughing at my wrinkles
I’ll be old and sad

The day passed
Another day comes
I’ll remain sad
Sad, sad, sad

Sounds Like
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

Offline Andre Gandra  
#15 Posted : 25 July 2014 03:13:05(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

THE OTHER SIDE

"When we don't have a shape and we don't know where we are,
When our conscience tell us nothing but confuses our sanity in a lack of time
There is no sign; there is no direction to go
We fear and we laugh the same time we fall

Darkness is everywhere
Light is nowhere
What was hope
Now its despair

Our eyes cannot see but we still have a dream
Our soul is damned but we are not ashamed
And it’s useless, if you brought the worldly pride
Cause you made the pass, you're on the other side"

Sounds Like
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

Offline Andre Gandra  
#16 Posted : 25 July 2014 03:21:04(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

LOST IN HELL

“He made the pass
He took his life
He was scared
It was the time
His soul is down
His dreams are standing
I hope he crawls
To the burning sands
Cause when he’ll wake
He’ll know it well
He is lost in hell”

Lyrics

Quote:
How will I find you?
With all this blackness blinding my vision
Where are you?
As much as I cry, my cry is lost in the vacuum
And it’s cold down here
I walk but I go to nowhere
But if you could hear, my tormented tears
I’m afraid you won’t
Remember me ‘cause, I’m lost in hell

Ahhh, Ahhh, Ahhh
Ahhh, Ahhh, Ahhh
Hummm, Hummm, Hummm

And if you could feel, my tormented fears
You would know that I
Died for remorse of a suffered life

Vultures
Surround what is left of a worldly life
Unhealed ulcers
Make me feel the pain, the same pain you felt alike
Still I can’t find you
Don’t know if I’m blind, or is it dark?
But if you could hear, my tormenting tears
I’m afraid you won’t
Remember me ‘cause, I’m lost in hell

Sounds Like
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

Offline Andre Gandra  
#17 Posted : 25 July 2014 03:31:18(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

GHOSTS

“I was watching when he did it; he took those pills till he couldn’t breathe anymore. I thought about doing the same several times, but I was already sick, I was already dying, so I just thought I would let life leaves me freely.
He is a poor soul now, he does not live near my spirit, he is in somewhere no one wants to be, a place where desperation and desolation are the only friends. Call it hell; call it whatever you want to, I call it burden. It is funny that we said, “Till Death tear us apart” but we were living apart from each other, was it supposed to be that way? Sometimes I wonder if we were meant to suffer in life and now suffer after death.
I still love him, I still fear for him, but it is coming the time for me, I have been wandering through this world in this shapeless form waiting for this day to come, the day he would come to the real world. Now that he is here, I can go on, the pact is finally over the freedom is ahead and I will never look back.
It is the last time I will visit my children, the last time I will visit that world, because I am ready to not be a Ghost anymore.”

Lyrics

Quote:
No going back for what you did
And I thought I was the pessimist
But we were both declared guilty
Our souls were thrown away in this declivity
But I found the eternal relief

Although I can’t help your damned soul
I feel broken, our pact has fallen
And you’re worst in the end

And time does not make sense here
And distance is vast between you and me
Can I enlighten you someday?
So you might see me again
After all we are the same

Not even dead we’ll be together
Oh, Oh

Love, Love
What do we mean by love?
Love, Love, Love

Not even dead we’ll be together
So why did we meet? If there was no purpose
And now we’re just ghosts

Sounds Like
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

Offline Andre Gandra  
#18 Posted : 25 July 2014 06:09:20(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

ANGELS CALLING

“I was going to find the eternal relief”

Sounds Like

Quote:
It’s of human nature the selfishness
It’s easier to be deceived with false conjectures
And so a lifetime is gone
What once had and was neglected now tremendously longs grief

Angels are calling my name
My prayers finally attended
Angels will call your name

Is there a way to defy the thin membrane of reality?
So I can go back and this damned soul shall be redeemed
‘Cause now I know that love can restore what was broken
If it is true, you and I can live again…

Angels are calling my name
My prayers finally attended
Angels will call your name

Sounds Like

Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

Offline Andre Gandra  
#19 Posted : 29 July 2014 00:01:53(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

THE LAST GOODBYE

"I was trapped in a dream that started out when I was human and lasted when I was ghost, although some people will think it would rather be a nightmare than a dream, I still enjoy seeing the good side of it. I was a woman who loved a man desperately, we were bond by this pact of blood and finally the terms of that pact lead us to this end.
I was rewarded in this final moment, I don't know to where it will lead my soul, but I was called and after this I will no longer remember what happened before, it was a century of pain and remorse and regret and now I understand that I had to suffer and I had to go through that to realize how strong I am. so Farewell to my children, farewell to my family and as I see you now my dear love I finally tell you that this is my last goodbye."

Lyrics

Quote:
A breath of life to this mortuary
A second chance to touch you
His face isn’t the same
His music is out of tune
It’s as if nothing had existed
The emptiness in his eyes is disconcerting
I lost him
I lost him

So I caress his cold hand
And I seek a reaction in this inertia
He avoids looking at me
I couldn't go any further

It's unfair you still suffer
It’s unfair I still longing
‘Cause now we’re dead

How much you’ve changed to me
I can’t recognize you were here
Remember, when we used to believe
None of this existed, although it was
Always real

(Spoken)
I always believed that suffering was a matter of life
I’d never believed if someone told me that time
You and I would still hurt after life
But as I understood, now I depart from here
And I hope you’ll understand someday
And you may find peace for your soul

How much you’ve changed to me
I can’t recognize you were here
Remember, when we used to believe
None of this existed, although it was
Always real

They’re calling my name and this is my last goodbye

Sounds Like

Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

thanks 1 user thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
Famouss7x7 on 01/08/2014(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#20 Posted : 29 July 2014 00:04:03(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

AFTER DEATH

"She's gone, I'm back, what a sad fate for me, to live again, to be born again, to reincarnate even though after I was dead."

Sounds Like
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

thanks 1 user thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
Famouss7x7 on 01/08/2014(UTC)