logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline BrownSugar  
#21 Posted : 08 April 2015 00:13:09(UTC)
BrownSugar

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19148 time(s) in 7605 post(s)
Riley: Val, I absolutely adore your music! I know you've only unleashed two songs upon us but they're both brilliant and you've made a fan out of me. As fantastic as Pantomime was, I think that Bruised is even better and I didn't think that would be possible. Love the lyrics. Can't wait for the album!

ooc: Can you just not write a good song for once? The bar is way too high haha. Great work as always :P
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

thanks 1 user thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
GirlSpice on 08/04/2015(UTC)
Offline GirlSpice  
#22 Posted : 08 April 2015 03:13:57(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 7399 time(s) in 2464 post(s)
Osprey037[Reported Failure wrote:
OOC: I always like your lyrics especially here. I feel like I get a sense for the flow of them just from reading them.

Clara: Aaah this song is so smooth and its just good vibes all over. I love it. You sound beautiful and the production is perf.

OOC: That's usually my aim to write something that flows well and something you can imagine as a real song, so I appreciate that considering you're a great songwriter yourself! :)

Valentina: Er mah gahhd, I love you, Clara! That means so much.

Originally Posted by: genocidal king Go to Quoted Post
Katie: VAL! The queen of lyrics, tbh. You did it again! I don't think I can remember anyone in the last few years who was so thoughtful and deep with their lyrics. I can tell you are looking to set yourself apart, and you have done such an amazing job. I just adore this! Again. That's 2 out of 2, how long can your streak last? ;)

Valentina: Girl, you keep creepin' out of nowhere and when you do my heart goes up into my throat and I'm like AAAHHH KATIE COYLE. Queen of life, talent, lyrics and oxygen is telling ME I'm the queen of lyrics? Get out!! Like, right now. Except don't cuz I love ya. Thank you sooo much!

Originally Posted by: BrownSugar Go to Quoted Post
Riley: Val, I absolutely adore your music! I know you've only unleashed two songs upon us but they're both brilliant and you've made a fan out of me. As fantastic as Pantomime was, I think that Bruised is even better and I didn't think that would be possible. Love the lyrics. Can't wait for the album!

ooc: Can you just not write a good song for once? The bar is way too high haha. Great work as always :P

Valentina: Gosh, you Weekend boys love you some Val, huh? Heheh. It's okay if you're too shy to ask me to join the band, I definitely will. I can replace Billy or sumin when he's feeling too sassy to work that day? You're a cutie though, thanks!

OOC: Oh I've definitely written some bad ones, thanks for turning a blind eye. :p Thank you!

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
thanks 1 user thanked GirlSpice for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 08/04/2015(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#23 Posted : 09 April 2015 02:25:01(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
James: You are quickly becoming my best new artist of the year! Whether or not you get the awards, in my heart, you have won it Ms Valentina. I love the change in attitude, vibe and emotion here as opposed to the big sounding Pantomime although I loved that track as well. Here, it's stripped down and vulnerable and I always love tracks like this. It makes it easier to understand the message and the message here is clear. I love everything about this, bravo!
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
GirlSpice on 09/04/2015(UTC)
Offline GirlSpice  
#24 Posted : 10 April 2015 04:19:04(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: Famouss7x7 Go to Quoted Post
James: You are quickly becoming my best new artist of the year! Whether or not you get the awards, in my heart, you have won it Ms Valentina. I love the change in attitude, vibe and emotion here as opposed to the big sounding Pantomime although I loved that track as well. Here, it's stripped down and vulnerable and I always love tracks like this. It makes it easier to understand the message and the message here is clear. I love everything about this, bravo!

Valentina: Oh stahhp, Mr. Urie, you're makin me blush... but that's super sweet of you to say! I really don't wanna be a one trick pony so I'm glad the change in style is to your liking, I had a feeling you'd prefer this one to my first single. Bravo to you too for being... you! :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
Offline GirlSpice  
#25 Posted : 10 April 2015 05:57:49(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Hello, Valentina Hart! Why Hart and not Valentina Abderhalden aka your real name?
Um, hello, you really wanna ask me that? It's a terrible name for a singer! Especially when you're incorporating pop into your music, which is a genre where everything has to be super accessible and straight-forward. People aren't gonna waste their time on Google tryna find what the hell I'm called and how you spell it when they're trying to type my name into iTunes! Hart was short, sweet and romantic in a kinda ironic way, cuz my music is far from being all cutesy and loving and nice like my stage name lets you believe.

You once said you were a clueless hipster when it came to music, what did you mean by that?
It was more like, referring to me being purposely out of the loop and an outsider. When I was in school, I wanted to be the cool girl who only listened to stuff you've never heard of, ya know? Even if the music was shitty, which is a really bad way of looking at music and now I'm just like... girl, you missed out on so much good music cuz you were a lil snob! I think "Pantomime" was the biggest eye-opener and getting signed. It made me realise that mainstream isn't bad, pop music isn't bad, making music that isn't over six minutes long isn't bad you tryhard troll!

How did you change your way of thinking when it came to making your first album?
I worked with a lot of cool producers who orginate from Europe, mainly Swedish geniuses because Sweden is excellent at everything, am I right? It's been super cool to collaborate with different people and have different ideas all come into this one album. It's like a huge mixing bowl of different spices from different people with all these cool alt pop electronic sounds, but the base, the true core of it all is me and my own words. So I kinda left those old thoughts behind and thought, okay! Let's make a record that's not boring or drawn out, but fresh and different and a lil quirky.

You dropped out of the California College of the Arts to do this. Do you think if you had waited to finish your course you'd still be here?
That's a tough one, like, I'm a big vibey astrology supernatural believer kinda girl. So in regards to that, I often think it's all about timing and when the stars align and blah, whatever. But at the same time, if you're truly passionate and have this freakish obsession with music like I do, I think one way or another, you'll find a way to get into it. It's a good question though, cause I often overthink situations and wonder what would have happened if I took another route.

You're only 22 and you've achieved a huge number one single so early on in your career, what else is there for you to achieve?
I've said I reaaally wanna tour, because I feel like a hyperactive free fairy on stage. I saw some gifs of me after I did my first ever show and I never knew I danced like that! (laughs) Someone told me I'm an endearingly awkward live performer, which I'm okay with. Practice makes perfect! Oh, and lots of great albums. Let's see how everyone likes the first until then.

How has it been to hear yourself on the radio?
Sooo weird, I can't even. It's also funny cuz I always used to hear Jennifer Armstrong and SYNCO on the radio and stuff and it's like, wow! I actually know these wonderful girls now! We're like... semi-friends. I think. I mean, we haven't met yet, but we can be friends, can't we? I ship me and Layla from SYNCO, I feel like we're distant lovers. I weep into my pillow nightly cuz she ain't with me. Yeah, it's so cool. But what's cooler is talking to the people who I've been hearing on the radio and knowing that they know me and I know them, does that make sense?

What's both the best and worst thing to happen to you since this all started?
Being mistaken for Vanity all the time. (laughs) Which is great cuz personally I think she's a very attractive woman, but I also just wanna be me, and that can be frustrating when you're not even trying to be someone else, but people still think you're them. It's happened quite a few times recently. Like, not to be all preachy, but it's hard enough for female artists because they're always compared to one another as if we can't all coexist. Even when said artists are often nothing alike musically, the media and pop music fans just love to make this one big competition. Like a survivor of the fittest sorta thing, it's like... no. Plus you think Vanity walks around in jeans and sneakers like me? Get outta here, sir!

How are you adjusting to life as a pop star and what's changed since the success?
Umm, well, more people wanna hear me sing, before it was like "ugh, shut up already!" I got an invite to the Chaos Awards which was insane and took a trip to Europe for the first time ever. I love London! Everyone sounded so cute and I felt like such a nerdy tourist, but I totally was and I was embracing it with my binoculars and city map. I'm starting to get free clothes sent to me now too which is changing my life right now because my wardrobe is so damn old. So at least I'm dressing better? That's a start.

Talk to us about your next single "Bruised", what inspired you to write it?
My whole album is pretty much about my relationship with one guy, which he could probably take as a compliment because he gave me so much to write about, buuut it's not really good stuff. (laughs) So yeah, the album Too True to Be Good is about him and when I found out some harsh truths, it made me realise that the truth sucks and breaks hearts, so the saying "too good to be true" is terrible and awful and a big fat lie. I feel like the best records often have just one person in mind, because it's all raw emotion and real experiences you can put into the music. But "Bruised" in particular is a more vulnerable side to me unlike the first single which I wanted to show, because a lot of the record is very strong female stickin' up for herself and this one is where I really let my walls down and kinda give into what I'm feeling instead of faking a smile. He told me I was a fool for tryna do... this. That's why I talk about my wings getting clipped and the strings on my parachute getting cut, cuz it was like he was always trying to bring me down from where I wanted to be.

In your opinion, what's the best song on your album?
There's this one called... I don't think I'm allowed to say! Eeek. Um, okay, it's called "Harlequin" and it's a bop. I like weirdo pop songs and that's kinda one of the many on my record, but that one especially incoporates a lot of my personality like the theatrical side to me into song. It felt like a real Valentina Hart song, ya know? I like to think only I could pull it off, cept that's probably not true but... let a girl believe in her music, damn it.

You're a proud feminist, tell us why it's something you're so passionate about?
Well I'm a female and a human, and I think if you're two of those things, you should also be able to relate and support yourself and other women. I hate the stigma that comes with the word, they're like "Oh, you're such a man-hating, sexist person" and that's really not the case. We're all birds, fly free! Do you! Men are great. I just feel strongly about this because I believe in equality, not just in gender, but everything across the board. It's not about being better than men or thinking women are more special, it's just fighting for stuff that men have that we as women still don't... basic things, like equal pay when we do the same exact job, we still don't get it and it's messed up! Look at male sports players and how much they get paid in comparison to women, there's a lot of shady stuff.

You seem like a fun girl to hang out with, are you much of a party person?
Oh, toootally. If there's a party, I'm there, I was kinda famous in college for being the drunk party girl. (laughs) I'm super strict now, when I know I've got rehearsal the next day or something, I make sure I don't drink and look after my voice, so I like to have fun, but I'm not stupid. I know when's the right time to let my hair down and when I need to go into serious musician mode.

How important is it that you come across authentic in your music and just as a person?
It's important to me cause I wanna do myself justice, I don't wanna give everyone some made up, fantasy version of myself. I know what I'm doing is authentic though, so I don't really have to worry about that. Like, I take my music super serious, it's my craft and my everything, but as a person, I'm totally not pretentious and I'm super goofy and all over the place, so I get to have that balance in my life and I like showing that to people. I don't wanna sit in interviews with a straight face on all the time and bore you guys to death about things that don't really matter, I'm just having a lot of fun showing everyone what I'm all about, take it or leave it. That's cool if you don't wanna take it, I'll keep me!

Would you call yourself an overall passionate person?
Totally, I think anyone who knows me would describe me as that. It's not a bad thing either, it's not something that I think is a bad quality of mine. I mean, I'd rather be passionate than just feel a load of nothing.

You come across extremely quirky on Twitter, would you agree?
I dunno about quirky, I don't want anyone to judge me off my Twitter page though, it's not accurate, it's just an online representation of myself where you don't see the real me! I mostly use it when I'm drunk or bored or both and that's dangerous cuz I tweet a lot of crap. Better to get it out there than in my songs, right?!

Who's your dream collab partner?
Katie Coyle, duh. If you know me, you'll know I've had a poster of the woman in my bedroom for the past... I don't even know how long. She tweeted me and I flipped the hell out, it was like being touched by Christ. Not that I know how that feels, I'm an atheist.

What's one thing you couldn't live without?
Coffee, just keep my cup full and I'm a happy girl.

Where will Valentina Hart be this time next year?
On a poster on your bedroom wall aaaand on album number two, maybe? I dunno, I like that answer!

"Bruised" is available to download now.
Too True to Be Good is in stores June 22.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
thanks 6 users thanked GirlSpice for this useful post.
Famouss7x7 on 10/04/2015(UTC), snap_itshannah on 10/04/2015(UTC), erich hess on 10/04/2015(UTC), mebeme101 on 10/04/2015(UTC), BrownSugar on 16/04/2015(UTC), genocidal king on 21/04/2015(UTC)
Offline mebeme101  
#26 Posted : 10 April 2015 06:29:05(UTC)
mebeme101

Man

Was thanked: 5703 time(s) in 2512 post(s)
Layla: Omg have I told you that I love you and that you deserve all the love in the world? I probably have but I'm saying it again I love how like real you are like you don't have to put on a show for anybody you could just be Valentina and they still love you also your music is on point mami and I ship us too :P but for real we got to meet I feel like we'd bond over coffee and feminism #GetLaylaAndValentinaToMeet2K15
My Acts

Layla Sanchez|AJ|Brandon Grey|PRÓXIMO|Carmen V|SZ|DREAM

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked mebeme101 for this useful post.
GirlSpice on 10/04/2015(UTC)
Offline GirlSpice  
#27 Posted : 16 April 2015 00:25:55(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
thanks 11 users thanked GirlSpice for this useful post.
freestylechamp on 16/04/2015(UTC), mebeme101 on 16/04/2015(UTC), erich hess on 16/04/2015(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 16/04/2015(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 16/04/2015(UTC), BrownSugar on 16/04/2015(UTC), snap_itshannah on 16/04/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 16/04/2015(UTC), genocidal king on 21/04/2015(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 23/05/2015(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 31/05/2015(UTC)
Offline GirlSpice  
#28 Posted : 21 April 2015 07:56:03(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

THE PANTOMIME TOUR - TICKETS ON SALE NOW
UserPostedImage

Following two number one singles "Pantomime" and "Bruised", plus the announcement of her debut album, Too True to Be Good comes 2015's breakout star Valentina Hart's first ever tour across North America, including a show at Manhattan's historic Bowery Ballroom. Check out the tour dates below to see if Valentina will be visiting your city this summer.

Tickets cost $25.00 - on sale now.

June 10 San Diego, CA - House of Blues
June 13 Anaheim, CA - House of Blues
June 16 Santa Cruz, CA - Catalyst
June 17 Sacramento, CA - Ace of Spades
June 19 Portland, OR - Roseland
June 20 Seattle, WA - Neptune
June 22 Vancouver, BC - Commodore
June 25 Denver, CO - Fillmore Auditorium
June 26 Lawrence, KS - Granada Theater
June 27 Minneapolis, MN - First Ave
June 28 Minneapolis, MN - First Ave
June 29 Madison, WI - Orpheum Theatre
June 30 Indianapolis, IN - Egyptian Room
July 1 Cincinnati, OH - Bogart's
July 2 Columbus, OH - LC Pavillion
July 3 Cleveland, OH - House of Blues
July 4 Chicago, IL - House of Blues
July 7 Detroit, MI - St. Andrew's Hall
July 8 Toronto, ON - Phoenix Concert Theatre
July 9 Providence, RI - Lupos
July 10 Portland, ME - Asylum
July 11 Boston, MA- House of Blues
July 13 Washington, DC - 9:30 Club
July 14 New York, NY - Bowery Ballroom

Edited by user 02 July 2015 00:36:18(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
thanks 6 users thanked GirlSpice for this useful post.
genocidal king on 21/04/2015(UTC), snap_itshannah on 21/04/2015(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 21/04/2015(UTC), Clampdown on 21/04/2015(UTC), DistortedAudio on 22/04/2015(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 23/05/2015(UTC)
Offline GirlSpice  
#29 Posted : 23 May 2015 03:26:05(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Wasuuuup, guys?! I'm here to answer your questions that you've been sending in, um, I dunno what else to say so let's start, shall we?

Which song out right now do you wish was yours? - Michelle, North Carolina
Hey, giiirl. That's a tough one, cuz I don't listen to a lot of current stuff, but I just heard "Echo" by Valerie Hue and her voice, the lyrics, they're gorgeous and I'm like grrr... gimme! She's great.

Is Too True to Be Good a concept record and who/what inspired it? - Rob, Conneticut
Hello to you, sir. How's Conneticut today? Um, well, one guy inspired it and the album plays like a story, documenting the start to end of an awful relationship. So yeah, you could say it's turned out to be a concept record. But I never intended it to be that way, when it came to finally putting the tracklist together it all just kinda slot perfectly in place like a jigsaw.

What was it like to visit London for the first time and are you coming back in the near future? - Liam, London
Hell yeah I'm comin' back, can't say when though. I had a blast, it was my first time ever to Europe and it was such a cool, eye-opening experience, considering I've got a lot of European blood in me. I'm hoping to have some tour dates over there soon, so keep an eye out, Liam... and thank you for the question!

I'm most excited for "Cat & Mouse" on your album because of the title. What's it about? - Caitlin, Minnesota
Caitlin! What's up, girl? It's kinda unusual, right? It's really about constantly being chased by what you know is bad for you, someone capable of hurting you. You've been there and you've felt it, you walked away but it's still chasing and you're constantly hiding and avoiding this person because you know what they're capable of doing to you emotionally. Thinking about the whole situation reminded me of Tom & Jerry. Which makes it a boss ass song automatically, cuz that show is the shit, am I right?

What was the hardest song on the record to write? - Lisa, New York
Hey, Lisa. I'd definitely say "Bruised", it was hard for me to be that vulnerable and to actually be brave enough to put that out to the world. I'm not that kinda girl who admits to being broken and hurt and whatnot, it's just not me... I prefer to write about overcoming things and standing strong, ya know? It took a while to convince myself to let my walls down and just write a song about how I actually felt, I was afraid of coming across as weak. I look at it now and I see myself as a stronger person, because I'm not afraid to address my feelings and be honest with myself, then put all that out for everyone to hear. It was hard, but I think it helped to make me a better songwriter. I hope that answers your question.

What makes your album different to other pop albums? - George, Berlin
Hi, George. Gosh, I feel like I'm being... interrogated! Well for starters it's a little more left-field than traditional pop music. I don't really consider myself a pop star or a pop singer, because there's more to me than that. I have a lot of singer-songwriter influences and I think that comes out in my lyrics. It's not your typical "oh baby I need you" album, actually the only time "baby" is used is on the line "You picked me up like a baby" in "Bruised", so it's not used in the typical way you hear in most songs. It's not a "baby let's party" pop record, it's a piece, a story. You'll see for yourself when it comes out.

What are your favourite songs on the album? - Emma, Manchester
Hey, girl. I really like "Purify" and "Harlequin", they're the start and end of the record, so they really shape the entire piece and document how I change as a person through an awful situation.

It's nice to see a celebrity representing us gamer girls, what are you playing right now? - Kathy, Dublin
Haaaay! Ew, I hate the word celebrity, but I still love ya. (laughs) Right now I haven't had much time for gaming, I'm a busy bee. I played GTA Online with some Twitter friends a week or so ago but I was... yeah, it was a mess. I like games with stories too, I was playing Life Is Strange the other day and it's sooo good. Try it!

What's your fanbase name? - Matt, Colorado
Well, Matt, Matthew... sorry to disappoint, but I don't really dig fanbase names, it's a little meh to me. I like to just call you all cute names, stuff that I'd call family or friends, like my cherubs, my munchkins, my everything!

What's one piece of advice you'd give to others who want to follow in your footsteps? - Kelly, Louisiana
Hey, southern girl. Um, I hate questions like these cause I'm like... why me?! Why are you asking me of all people?! I find it strange, it's like asking a grade D student to help you with complicated math when there's a qualified teacher in the room. (laughs) I would just say always be nice to people, you never know who you might be talking to or what links they have, not just to gain something, but just to be a good person in life. I feel like you'll be rewarded for that, my weird hippie self doesn't believe in karma as such, more like vibes and positive energy and I think you'll get all that in return if you put it out there. There's a lot of top dogs in the industry that actually aren't very nice people, no shade, maybe they are and it's a front, but I don't think it's a cool thing to do and it doesn't make them any more interesting or appealing, ya know? At least I can go about my days knowing I'm a nice person who treats people with respect, so there won't be any demons lurking in the shadows waiting to drag me down when I least expect it. Being nice should never go out of style, right?

I've got tickets to your tour! What can we expect? - Mandy, Illinois
Well then I can't wait to see you, Mandy! This is my first ever tour, so it's like... the teething stage in my career where I work out how my live show works, cuz this is still all so new to me. I'll be performing the whole album, right now I just wanna put on a fun, energetic show for you all. Whenever I hit a stage I'm always bouncin' and groovin' around, so I hope you'll bop with me. By the way guys, I'm signing whatever you want me to after every show, so please come say hi! I don't wanna stand outside the venue looking awkward cuz no one wants to meet me. (laughs)

What was the last gig you saw? - Dave, Utah
I saw Juneau live, it was a dream come true! A Christmas miracle! It was all kinda arranged last minute and I flew out to see them and they killed it. You should definitely see 'em if you haven't already, they have confetti! 10/10 would see again.

I loooove the "Pantomime" video and how you didn't need to show your body to make it a hit... was it a conscious decision to be fully clothed in the video? - Deana, New York
Thanks, honey. I love how we live in a world where that needs to be a question, like... "you're a female! Why aren't you showing your body?" But it really was, cause to me music and image are two different things, they may compliment one another, but it shouldn't change how a song is received. I'm not shaming women who do decide to show themselves off, I could too, but a lot of the time there's just no need, it's like... why? Is this getting me somewhere? I'm doing well enough without resorting to that. Also, I have massive boobs and it's just so much fucking easier to cover the damn things instead of worrying about what's on show. (laughs)

Okaaay, lovely people, I think that's all we have for now. Thank you so much for your questions, and if I didn't get round to yours then send me a tweet and we'll be friends. Bye!
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
thanks 10 users thanked GirlSpice for this useful post.
snap_itshannah on 23/05/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 23/05/2015(UTC), mebeme101 on 23/05/2015(UTC), erich hess on 23/05/2015(UTC), genocidal king on 23/05/2015(UTC), freestylechamp on 23/05/2015(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 23/05/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 23/05/2015(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 23/05/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 23/05/2015(UTC)
Offline genocidal king  
#30 Posted : 23 May 2015 04:09:57(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
Katie: So amazingly cute, Val! This was such a fun Q and A. Loved getting that little insight into your life. You're so different and cool. I love it.
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked genocidal king for this useful post.
GirlSpice on 23/05/2015(UTC)
Offline GirlSpice  
#31 Posted : 23 May 2015 04:15:35(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: genocidal king Go to Quoted Post
Katie: So amazingly cute, Val! This was such a fun Q and A. Loved getting that little insight into your life. You're so different and cool. I love it.

Valentina: Katie, I love you sososoos much it's unreal. Thanks for being born, and... and... for being you. And being great too. :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
thanks 1 user thanked GirlSpice for this useful post.
genocidal king on 23/05/2015(UTC)
Offline genocidal king  
#32 Posted : 23 May 2015 04:30:48(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
Originally Posted by: GirlSpice Go to Quoted Post
Valentina: Katie, I love you sososoos much it's unreal. Thanks for being born, and... and... for being you. And being great too. :)

Katie: Hahaha you're too sweet! I love it! Thank you, Val, and I love you too! You're so cool, a real inspiration for all the girls out there. Really you are :)

Kellin: 10/10? Not bad..not bad at all ;) Thanks so much, Val, and it was an honor to have you there, even if you were trying to make me laugh the whole show :P I'll need to come to your show too, when you go off on tour :)

Ooc: I totally didn't see she had mentioned Juneau the first time I read haha :P
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked genocidal king for this useful post.
GirlSpice on 23/05/2015(UTC)
Offline GirlSpice  
#33 Posted : 26 May 2015 06:44:43(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage
iTunes Instant Grat: "Limit"
UserPostedImage

Valentina Hart teases upcoming debut album Too True to Be Good with instant grat track "Limit", available to download immediately for all those who have pre-ordered Val's record on iTunes.

The release of the song comes after airplay number one "Bruised", which showcased a more vulnerable, emotional side to the singer, the lyrics brutally honest and the sound delicate and dreamy. However, "Limit" takes the listener back to the styles of Valentina's debut single "Pantomime" with both hard-hitting lyrics and beat that pairs perfectly with Val's unmistakably powerful vocals which have helped the young 22-year-old to become one of this year's most promising newcomers. The song itself blends between forward-thinking indie pop and Swedish influenced synth-pop that's both weirdly melodic, yet a refreshing twist on the standard pop we've become used to hearing on the radio.

Although we're yet to hear much from Valentina, "Limit" is without a doubt Val's most impressive vocal delivery on record to date. She sounds much more expressive than debut "Pantomime" and while her vocals have a clean, untampered with sound to them like on "Bruised", her delivery gives off a certain confidence that we've been yet to hear from the Californian songstress. The chorus itself, an explosive wall of synths with an underlying, infectious bassline, features almost shouted vocals from Val and shows a slightly more experimental side to the singer. Whether radio would be willing to play the song or not is another thing, but it gives an indication that there's still a lot we're yet to learn about Valentina as an artist.

Lyrically, Valentina has commented that the album runs like a story, documenting the beginning to end of an awful relationship. As track two of Too True to Be Good, the listener can only assume "Limit" is where things begin to take a turn for the worst in the relationship with lines such as "Cause we've all got a limit / And you keep on takin' me there". The song overall largely deals with escapism, a deep longing to be elsewhere is felt at the real core of the song as Valentina uses her imagination to cope with the situation she's in. While the track doesn't show a solution to what she's dealing with, which likely comes later in the record, it shows the first signs of a relationship going off the rails and plays an important part in the album's story.

"I definitely find writing songs like 'Limit' a lot easier than stuff like 'Bruised' because it's a pretty sassy song, I kinda hope to be called queen of sass once everyone hears the whole record and really picks apart all the lyrics, cause it's some harsh stuff I'm spilling on this guy," Val laughs. "As a strong female who doesn't like to play the victim in her songs, you'll hear a lot of empowering, bold stuff on the record like this track. 'Limit' is really all about being strong enough to realise the total fucking mess you've gotten yourself into and trying to find a way to break out of that, it shows the first signs of this relationship beginning to crumble and kinda starts the story off. Sometimes you become so used to the norm that it's difficult to break out of that, so "Limit" was me addressing that and kinda using my mind for an escape from reality, rather than actually doing what I shoulda done. But it's cool, the album isn't just a total whiny bitch record about the guy, it's also about me owning up to my own mistakes and taking responsibility."

UserPostedImage

Sounds like:

You fill my head with so many words, and I
Keep drifting away to a far away place
I block out the vibrations of your conundrums, and I
Keep leaving my body behind
Stood next to you, my dear
I'm still as far away as I could ever be

We're all searching for control and power
A heart of gold in your hands to hold
And it's beating louder and louder
I'm sweating from your suffocation, but I still feel so cold

We're all looking for an answer to the question
Something to put us on the right direction
But I could slip off the edge at any minute
Cause we've all got a limit
And you keep on takin' me there
And you keep on pushin' me over the edge

You keep me locked in your chamber of love
Feels more like your own insecurity
Now I'm in this predicament
It's like trying to break shackles off my wrists
I lie awake next to you, my dear
And I'm a million miles away from where we are

But don't drag me back, I like being lost
And surrounded by the fantasy in my thoughts
Oh, don't pull me down from the clouds
I like it better when I don't know my whereabouts

Oh, you can't keep me in your confinement
This imagination's my motivation
I know I'm gonna be as far away as my mind believes
And once I hit the ground running
There won't be any barriers to stop me now

We're all searching for control and power
A heart of gold in your hands to hold
And it's beating louder and louder
I'm sweating from your suffocation, but I still feel so cold

But don't drag me back, I like being lost
And surrounded by the fantasy in my thoughts
Oh, don't pull me down from the clouds
I like it better when I don't know my whereabouts

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
thanks 10 users thanked GirlSpice for this useful post.
mebeme101 on 26/05/2015(UTC), erich hess on 26/05/2015(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 26/05/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 26/05/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 26/05/2015(UTC), Atonic Records on 26/05/2015(UTC), genocidal king on 26/05/2015(UTC), BrownSugar on 26/05/2015(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 31/05/2015(UTC), kandii on 01/06/2015(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#34 Posted : 01 June 2015 05:44:31(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 10467 time(s) in 3435 post(s)
OOC: BLESS YOU YOU HOLY SONGWRITER LOL I love Valentina's personality and so far I've absolutely loved all the songs you've written for her. Just adore you lol. I'm so ready for her album, I already know I'm going to be blown away.
thanks 1 user thanked kandii for this useful post.
GirlSpice on 02/06/2015(UTC)
Offline GirlSpice  
#35 Posted : 02 June 2015 03:32:20(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: kandii Go to Quoted Post
OOC: BLESS YOU YOU HOLY SONGWRITER LOL I love Valentina's personality and so far I've absolutely loved all the songs you've written for her. Just adore you lol. I'm so ready for her album, I already know I'm going to be blown away.

OOC: Omg how sweet! Thank you, I appreciate it. :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
Offline GirlSpice  
#36 Posted : 07 August 2015 03:47:25(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

EUROPEAN TOUR DATES

UserPostedImage

Fan Choice Awards winner Valentina Hart is proud to announce her first set of live shows in Europe, adding onto the Pantomime Tour with these first 15 dates outside of North America. Tickets have been out since Monday and are selling fast, so if Val is performing near you, now's your chance to see her perform the Too True to Be Good album live! More dates coming soon.

Tickets cost £25/€35 - on sale now.

August 28 Cambridge, England - Corn Exchange
August 29 Bournemouth, England - O2 Academy Bournemouth
August 31 Manchester, England - The Ritz
September 1 Newcastle, England - O2 Academy Newcastle
September 2 Glasgow, Scotland - O2 ABC Glasgow
September 4 Birmingham, England - The Institute
September 5 Cardiff, Wales - The Great Hall
September 7 Belfast, Northern Ireland - The Limelight
September 8 Dublin, Ireland - The Academy
September 10 London, England - London Palladium
September 13 Brussels, Belgium - Cirque Royal
September 15 Prague, Czech Republic - Lucerna Music Bar
September 17 Stuttgart, Germany - Im Wizemann
September 18 Tourcoing, France - Le Grand Mix
September 19 Utrecht, Netherlands - Tivoli

OTHER NEWS

UserPostedImage

Catch Valentina Hart performing her brand new single "Cat & Mouse" live on the The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon next week.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
thanks 7 users thanked GirlSpice for this useful post.
genocidal king on 07/08/2015(UTC), kandii on 07/08/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 07/08/2015(UTC), erich hess on 07/08/2015(UTC), mebeme101 on 07/08/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 07/08/2015(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 09/08/2015(UTC)