logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Andre Gandra  
#1 Posted : 10 April 2015 00:21:22(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 3513 time(s) in 1683 post(s)
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

It’s been five years since Abie Lena released “Fake Plastic Life” as the debut single of her yet untitled debut album “Love and Heartbreak”. Abie has a total of four studio albums and one live album released with an impressive 25 million copies sold, not forgetting to mention the 18 singles and another 20 million copies of sales. It would be enough for an artist of this generation finally release a greatest hits compilation, but beyond sales and chart positions, Abie conquered something that not all of this artists generations conquered, which is respect. Often called to be a young woman with an old soul, Abie has paved her way through stardom in genres such as soul, jazz and R&B, most recently she ventured into baroque pop as well, but all of her music tend to be extremely trustful to her personality and her lyrics her own diary.
This compilation brings the best of Abie Lena, the music her fans wants to listen, the music that her admires enjoys listening, the music that even if you’re not a fan, you’ll recognize it. Mixing big hits and the favorites B-sides of her career, this collection will take its listeners to a travel into the creativity and talent of a powerful singer. Songs from her first record, where a 19 years old Abie was struggling in love, later to become a more coherent and dense record like her second “Seasons”. Moving to one of the darkest periods of her life, where she deals with life and death on “The End starts now” and finally arriving on her most artistic work to date which was hear last album “The grim history of love”.
This collection also brings a new track produced exclusively for it, it’s called “Worst side of me” and a BlueRay disc featuring Abie’s videography a ride on her extensive catalogue with her music videos all of them highly profiled by other artists and some of them with over 100 million views on VEVO. So take a moment and celebrate this incredible journey with Abie Lena.

Tracklisting

1- Phoenix
2- Dead for a Reason (Feat. Tisha Jackson)
3- Where immortals live
4- You make me die
5- Cold Spring
6- Again
7- Broke up!
8- Seasons
9- I'm sad
10- The same tear
11- Something Before
12- The break up
13- Baby hit the road
14- Fake plastic life
15- Pimp's tears
16- Old soul (mISTER_b Trip Hop Remix)
17- Worst side of me
Bonus Track
18- Heartbreak

Edited by user 06 May 2015 08:09:37(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

I was gone for a while, but I'm back (not that you care about LOL)
thanks 11 users thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
snap_itshannah on 10/04/2015(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 10/04/2015(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 10/04/2015(UTC), Osprey037[Reported Failure] on 10/04/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 10/04/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 10/04/2015(UTC), BrownSugar on 10/04/2015(UTC), GirlSpice on 10/04/2015(UTC), erich hess on 10/04/2015(UTC), freestylechamp on 12/04/2015(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 15/04/2015(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#2 Posted : 10 April 2015 02:25:26(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

UserPostedImage

Recorded: 2012
Genre: Baroque Pop, Alternative rock
Length: 3:56
Label: Studio60
Writers: Abie Lena, Lilly Stuart
Producers: Gia-Rose
Album: The End Starts Now Phoenix Edition

Facts

• This track was featured in the re-edition of Abie’s third studio album;
• It opens the EP and it was schedule to be released as a single to promote the material;
• The plans to release it as a single were canceled soon after Abie ended the No Venues tour and decided to work on another album;
• There’s a music video filmed for this song, but it was never released;
• Abie used to open her set list at the ‘No Venues Tour’ with this track;

Song Description

This haunting track is built up over sedated strings and canned percussion, where violins, piano and a choir performed by Abie Lena introduce the song. The percussion first appears in the chorus of the song, but it is soft and low just like Abie vocals too, it all gives a desperation mood to the song but within the mood, there’s a sensation of hope and also an old 1920’s influence.
Abie range reminds us the firsts single of this album ‘you make me die’ where she goes from low notes to high notes in a single line, always sounding sexy yet haunting and mysterious. The millennium choir provides the violins performed in the song, which was responsible for all other tracks of the album.
Gia-Rose, produces the song but Abie Lena and Lilly Stuart wrote it around 2012 where Abie was working on this album. Its lyrics talk about overcoming from an abusive relationship where one of the parts of it only wants satisfies its sexual desires, so Abie is grieving about not having the love of her partner as she wanted to have, she clearly declares in the song that she’s being used as a sexual object. The song has a hopeful message where Abie eludes that even though she’ll burn and turn herself into ashes, she’ll arise again as a phoenix, meaning that she’ll get over him and that she’ll overcome that situation and the love she once had would disappear anytime soon.
Certain parts of the song show another side of Abie Lena’s grieve, where she sings ‘leave me here alone, under the dark moon it’s where I know myself’ meaning that she’s used to feel alone and only being by herself she’ll know how to deal with that no corresponded love feelings.
The track was not included in the standard version of the album for Abie claiming that this song it’s a little outta reality due to its fantastic analogies, which includes mythological creatures such as the phoenix. Now it serves as the first track of a bonus edition of the album, which is expected to be released next November 23 rd.

Quote:
‘Phoenix is a very theatrical song, I like that aspect and I really think that it can open my listeners’ views, because it is wide, it’s big and sad but epic, if you can comprehend me. It calls a strength inside of us that most of us don’t even know about, I’m so empowered whenever I perform this track and my fans always complained to me that it was not released as a single, unfortunately we decided to already move on to another chapter instead of having a promotion for this track, but I think that even though it was not a single, it is so popular among my fans, they always claim for it when I’m on tour and I feel so happy when they sing along with me, it makes the moment remarkable like in an opera house.’

Lyrics

Now that I've realized I lost the game
Although you still roll the dices, I fall from grace
There are still carnal desires
But I can’t play the role of a liar
I think of you every day
I know you told me you don’t think the same

Leave me here alone
Under the dark moon, It’s where I know myself
Let me be alone
Away from your core, Here I’ll be myself
And when I burn, Oh when I burn
Don’t you blow my ashes!
‘Cause when I burn
I’ll arise just like a phoenix

Now that I've realized I’m late
Story has been told and I still chase it
How could I have fool my mind
That you and me would be paradise
When all you showed was nothing beyond…
…than what my body wished too long

Leave me here alone
Let me be alone
Don’t you blow my ashes!
‘Cause when I burn

This night let me run naked
Let me get rid of these flames
This desire burning is being my secret
No one knows it but you gained it

No I can’t, No I won’t
My heart faints, when you ignore me
You don’t seem to be the one so, let me burn

Leave me here alone
Let me be alone
Don’t you blow my ashes!
‘Cause when I burn
Oh when I burn
Don’t you dare to blow my ashes!
Oh I will burn
To later arise like a phoenix

Sounds Like

Edited by user 10 April 2015 02:28:57(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

thanks 7 users thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
Welat65 on 10/04/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 10/04/2015(UTC), snap_itshannah on 10/04/2015(UTC), Clampdown on 10/04/2015(UTC), GirlSpice on 10/04/2015(UTC), erich hess on 10/04/2015(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 15/04/2015(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#3 Posted : 10 April 2015 05:55:25(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

UserPostedImage

Single Released: April 26th 2014
Genre: Alternative Hip Hop, Trip Hop
Length: 3:50
Writers: Abie Lena, Tisha Jackson, Gia-Rose, Lilly Stuart
Producers: Gia-Rose, Abie Lena
Album: The End Starts Now

Facts

• This is the second single released to promote Abie’s third studio album;
• It features Tisha Jackson as a guest vocalist;
• Tisha’s managers approached Abie before asking her to collaborate with Tisha in a song, the song was supposed to be on Tisha’s album but ended up being included on Abie’s;
• The track was global success, it peaked at number 2 on Airplay Charts and at number 1 on Digital Download charts, it has sold over 2,5 millions of copies;
• This was also the first track Abie wrote during the discover of her illness, she has diabetes;
• Abie and Tisha performed the track live in the Final season of The Voice UK;
• The video for this song has surpassed the 100 million views on Vevo;

Song Description

First song of Abie’s third album introduceed a new sound for her, with ambition, she invited Tisha Jackson to sing with her right at the very first song of the record, leading her fans to a new world of dramatic melodies and over produced sounds.
The Song was produced in the alternative hip hop and trip hop genres. It first starts with and orchestral violin and choir and on its background can be hear fireworks till it breaks down to a Hip Hop bass beat. The main structure of the song is composed of various sounds and instruments, mixing hip hop and trip hop elements with orchestral sounds. In the chorus, Abie and Tisha half-sing, half-raps the lines. Abie employs an alternative rapping technique (probably influenced by the presence of Tisha Jackson on the writings of the song) sung above a hip hop beat and heavy bass lines, it sounds like Abie or Tisha were almost "chatting".
Other elements presented on the song are the choirs, loudly on the choruses of the song and harmonies provided by the duet which both of the singers are performing throughout the song. The singers also add ironical tones to their voices, but they also sound somehow morbid, especially because of the trip hop sounds among the other sounds in the song.
Lyrics are about someone who comprehends that its death is closer and so this person starts to ask himself about things that were done, when this person was alive, that weren’t good enough to leave a mark or even make other people remember its life. But at the same time the song also talks about the wish of each human to make a difference in the world, this is represented when the line ‘Tell them I died for a Reason’ is sung.

Quote:
‘I remember being approached by Tisha’s managers, she was making a new album and she thought about working on a duet with me, obviously I said let’s do this right away and we were at the studio working together, it was two days of work, I already had this song recorded only by me, but I felt that if I wanted to walk in a new field in terms of music, a field that I was not used to, it would be perfectly good for me to accompanied by someone skilled like Tisha, so I showed her the song before we met to record and she loved it, she changed some lines added her flavors and I like to think that this is one of those duets people eill always remember, its powerful and mysterious the same time, I remember the time we performed on The Voice, it was a marvelous period of my life, I had just recovered from my illness and I was so ready to work, I wanted to be everywhere playing my music, and the radio and other markets they were all so receptive for this track, I couldn’t be happier and of course I had Gia behind the production, I must say she was a bit of worried and I told her that Tisha was going to be featuring on the song, but she knew what I was doing and it turned out really great.’

Lyrics

Abie
Tisha
Both

Clock is ticking and the silence
As I’m drawing my fate in this absence

When love isn’t enough
Alone you can’t hold on
Your faith is vanishing on what is coming next

The sky is falling
Days are browning
Kids are watching the black parade pass

Inside my heart I feel desperation
And desolation
I breathe with the air of the night
Can you make me a speech when I die?

Tell them I lived with dignity
Forget the ups and downs, don’t let them know my vows
Tell them I lived with integrity
Forgive my deviations, hide my indiscretions
Tell them I was a good girl
Everyone will believe if you say the words
Tell them I died for a reason

I now cross the limits of our existence

Skin is turning cold
They dig a deep hole
There, they’ll throw out my soul

Through generations there’ll be declarations
Of my legacy and my intimacy

I can’t hear your voice, but I hear a noise
It says I must go
But before, can I tell them how it’s the end?
Well, It seems I can’t be more resistant…

Don’t be afraid my friend
Death is not the end
It’s a new start for a new age

Worries and duties, stories of ruins
If you say I’ll stay, If you ask I’ll pray
But my soul is leaving my body today
Oh it’s not so sad
No you don’t need to despair
Sell my things, sell my rings
Unhook yourself, sell my wealth
But keep my photo in your wallet

I’m watching you even though the distance

Don’t think I’m crazy
‘Cause I just see the haze
They came to get me

My last wish is
For you to live
Hear no sound from cardiac monitor

Love isn’t enough
Alone I can’t hold on
Far away goes my soul

Love isn’t enough
Alone I can’t hold on
Far away goes my soul

Love isn’t enough
Alone I can’t hold on
Far away goes my soul

Love isn’t enough
Alone I can’t hold on
Far away goes my soul

Sounds Like

Edited by user 10 April 2015 06:01:18(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

thanks 6 users thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
GirlSpice on 10/04/2015(UTC), erich hess on 10/04/2015(UTC), snap_itshannah on 10/04/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 12/04/2015(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 15/04/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 16/04/2015(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#4 Posted : 10 April 2015 06:27:24(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

UserPostedImage

Recorded: 2013
Single Released: June 9th 2014
Genre: Dream Pop
Length: 5:42
Writers: Abie Lena, Lilly Stuart
Producers: Abie Lena, Rick Rubin, Gia-Rose Hilton
Album: The Grim History of Love

Facts

• This is the first single of the fourth studio album;
• The single did not peaked at number one as previous first releases of Abie, but it did peaked in the top five of both main charts, digital and airplay;
• The music video for this song was the most expensive video Abie did before;
• It’s also the first single that is not themed about Abie’s personal feelings;

Song Description

A crying electric guitar riff opens the track setting the melancholic mood of it. Right after comes Abie haunting vocals which reminds us her third record on hits like “You make me Die” or “Dead for a Reason”. One minute after the duet between Abie’s vocal and the surf rock electric guitar riff, the chorus of the track comes in full shape, with additional backing vocal, soprano’s notes and a slow-tempo drum. The chorus is made of four verses of two segments, the second segments adds another flavor to the track with violin, and it certainly makes it sound epic and melancholic. The second strophe goes just as the first and then another chorus comes and after it there’s an electric guitar solo that cries as much as Abie’s vocals.
After the solo, there’s a slowdown moment, where only Abie’s voice is heard accompanied by some effects such as eco and additional backing vocal, the song goes slowing down as it is reaching the end, Abie lowers her voice and so all the other elements of the track does as she does. Abie’s vocal performance is remarkable, but the melody of the song helps Abie soprano’s note to sound more reliable and melancholic. There’s not much of high notes on the track, but it has some personality and obviously a tremendous level of emotion evolved on her timber.
Theme of the track deals with the main character of the story behind the concept of the album. It is about transcending to a life after death and still grieving for a love left behind, but it’s obviously not a good love, the character of the song is actually feeling relief of being away of all that hate and negative feelings that love brought to her when she was alive. Also there’s some allusions to whether or not this person, now dead, it’s a spirit or something else.
The main story of the record will come attached to it.

Quote:
‘I was so inspired when I wrote this track and I remember the first time we listen o it when it was finished we already thought about releasing it as a single, it was immediately arranged to be released but unfortunately it leaked two weeks before and I remember Gia on the phone with some guys arguing with them really mad at what was happening, we were so frustrated because you work really hard and you wait for the right time to release the single, you book promotion and all of that stuffs and someone takes that out of you, it’s really upsetting. But in the end I think it made its way through my fans, it’s a fan favorite, perhaps not one of my biggest selling singles, but they love it when I perform it on tour and I have to say that I love singing it, it’s a good chemistry.’

Lyrics

For so much time I searched
Something that would break this curse
Something I could trust
And so I failed and I fell in my own lust

When I had flesh
And love was subdued
Nothing was free, not even me
And neither you

But now I can fly away
Beyond the suffering
Where humans can’t breathe
Where immortals live

You’ll meet me
In your restless dreams
When you’re open and fragile
And no air is in your lungs

Hurts to know there’s no coming back
Torments my soul that you’re still there
You’re the remnant, the glimpse of penance
I had to see when you left me

Now, At night you pray
For someone to take my remembrance away
Darling, I didn’t want no other place
From you, just far away

And even if I could
Touch the ground
I would despise you
And your love unsound

‘Cause now I can fly away
Beyond the suffering
Where humans can’t breathe
Where immortals live

You’ll meet me
In your restless dreams
When you’re open and fragile
And no air is in your lungs

Sounds Like

Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

thanks 5 users thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
snap_itshannah on 10/04/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 12/04/2015(UTC), erich hess on 12/04/2015(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 15/04/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 16/04/2015(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#5 Posted : 10 April 2015 07:12:23(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

UserPostedImage

Recorded: 2013
Single Released: March 26th, 2013
Genre: Indie Pop
Length: 4:46
Writers: Abie Lena, Gia-Rose, Rick Rubin
Producers: Rick Rubin, Gia-Rose Hilton

Facts

• This song spent two weeks at number one on the airplay charts and it also topped the digital charts, it has combined sales of over 3 million copies;
• It was used as the lead single of Abie’s third studio album, despite initially this song was not meant to be on her album;
• Originally Abie was invited to write a song for a special compilation her record label was managing to release, but for unknown reasons the compilation was not released and so Abie took back the song and smartly used it as a lead single;
• Even though the music video consists of Abie committing ‘suicide’, it has being watched for over 300 million times, above any other video of her videography;
• This is also one of Abie’s signature tracks, the success it did expanded Abie’s fan base turning her into a pop star;
• Abie performed this song countless time on TV and on Festivals and on her owns world tour, it is the single that has more live performances online than any other song of her catalogue;
• She also revealed, that this song was about her platonic feelings towards the doctor who was taking care of her health when she fell ill;

Song Description

It was written and composed by Abie Lena, Gia-Rose and Rick Rubin and it was produced by Rick Rubin and Gia-Rose. The song features dramatic theatrical lyrics about a no corresponded love where Abie struggles due to her feelings for someone who didn’t care about her. According to the singer, the song is "About the desperate feelings of someone wishing to love again, but it also can represent the fear of me dyeing without living a long love story”. A lot of themes in this album are about her fear of death, once she already said that she felt death approaching her in a young age, so she made several analogies of seeing herself dyeing without living situations along the time she wishes to live.
Production of the song started in October of last year and Abie said that she was working on something more dramatic and theatrical than her previous work, this is literally perceived in the first melodies of the song which are composed of violins and electronic ambient sounds plus orchestral percussion, also Abie is singing in an all new style, with melodic vocals and performing lyrical notes.
There’s an intonation of apocalyptic sensations throughout the song, another way of Abie to represent her death fears from the days she was in the rehab.

Quote:
‘You hear a lot of things from people in this industry about reaching stardom and keeping the fame you conquered and one of them is that you have to write a song that will make people think about you even though someone else is singing it and I never understood what that means until I wrote this track. It’s one of those signature songs you make one time and suddenly they’re going to haunt you forever, I mean I still love this song, but I also feel forced to perform it because my fans wants to listen to it and I own them and I respect them so that’s the goal, but I’m glad this song came out in a moment where I needed something to take the spot out of my personal life and it did it wisely.’

Lyrics

Fear took over me now
Blood is all over this doubt
Everytime a new opportunity appears
Sooner I’ll see crystal clear
See myself on the ground
Please can you be sweeter
I’m not asking you to lie
I’m just not prepared to stand or to hear
Let me deal with me from here
And maybe I can survive
From your indifference

You don’t want me, you don’t love me
And I’m a fool of waiting you in this make believe
Love hurts so much, death is near to approach
I’m sorry if you feel pushed I didn’t mean to have this crush

Let me taste your pity in my lips
Let me hear your contempt in my ears
I want you anyway
Don’t make me beg, don’t make me creep
‘Cause every word

You make me die

Drained my last drop of hope
Around my neck you pull the rope
As I go deeper in your world
Slowly I’m losing my soul
Guess my life had been stole
By yourself honey

You don’t want me, you don’t love me

I want you anyway
‘Cause every word

you make me die
you make me die
you make me die

Let me breathe your absent air
Let me touch your cold heart in this lair
I want you anyway

You don’t deserve me, you don’t need me

I want you anyway
‘Cause every word

you make me die
you make me die

Sounds Like

Edited by user 10 April 2015 07:14:27(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

snap_itshannah on 10/04/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 12/04/2015(UTC), erich hess on 12/04/2015(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 15/04/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 16/04/2015(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#6 Posted : 12 April 2015 03:31:02(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

UserPostedImage

Recorded: March 2012
Single Released: May 25th 2012
Genre: Neo-Soul
Length: 4:17
Writers: Abie Lena
Producers: Abie Lena, Rick Rubin
Album: Seasons

Facts

• This song belong to Abie’s second studio album “Seasons”;
• It peaked at number one on digital and airplay charts selling over 2,5 million copies;
• Abie was already working on her first world tour when she discovered she was suffering of a severe case of diabetes;
• It is considered one of Abie best vocal performances giving her a few awards including one chaos awards;

Song Description

The song starts with a simple piano melody, nothing too much elaborated, just to emphasize Abie’s amazing vocal performance on this song. The first strophe of the song we have Abie singing in a very soft style, but you have to understand that the whole song bears some kind of free style singing, Abie sings while feeling the song’s melodies. The sad and dark tone behind her singing is something to cling about too, she has never sounded so dark before.
In the pre-chorus of the track, Abie raises her voice a little bit, showing us the desperate feelings she’s hiding inside her heart, but is still subtle to what is about to come. In this moment another piano riff is added to the original melody of the song, this makes the song sound bigger than when it started, in general the song has this crescendo melody which is combined to Abie’s vocals, making it sound as a power ballad. The chorus is more elaborated vocally speaking, here Abie give us a tip of her powerful voice, but it’s still slow and soft.
The second strophe starts the additions of bass and drums and other strings, giving the song a neo-soul influence, also Abie’s vocal is more incorporated than it was before, she still sounds morbid but there’s some kind of fire growing inside her heart desperate to be released. The pre-chorus starts again Abie sings it with more confidence and louder than before till it culminates on the second chorus. And now we can start to see that amazing strong voice range Abie has, it is not fully loud or high like she did before, but it’s stronger than it was in the entire song and that desperate hopeless feeling is starting to come out of her heart.
The song than enters in a hook moment, where Abie sings in a crescendo style the last strophe of the song, she starts soft and calm till she delivers all her breath to an amazing high note, which she holds till the start of the last chorus.
In the last chorus Abie is fantastic, her vocals are strong, high and she’s singing the song like she was suffering for a very long time, but now she’s delivering all the pain and suffering she held inside her. Melodically the drums in this part of the song are more rock and roll style, but it is almost unperceived, because we clearly can say that this song was made to praise Abie’s voice. The song ends with Abie almost whispering the name of it.
The song takes reference from the spring season, which Abie compares the warming up sensation and her cold heart. She reveals throughout the song that she’s cold because someone that she loved a lot did something to hurt her and then left her alone, so she is saying that there’s a hate inside her that wants to get out somehow, by the end of the song she makes an analogy of killing the person who broke her, so she could get free of all this hate, but of course it’s an analogy, she’s trying to say that to get over situations we must kill the memories and the things that pushes back.
Quote:
‘Cold Spring is a hard song to perform live, I mean almost all of the songs on “Seasons” are hard to sing, we really pushed the limits of my vocal potential with the production of this album, again its another fan favorite and I like singing it really loud, despite it is difficult to handle the notes, I think that’s very powerful live.’

Lyrics

Flowers burn, but there’s no sun
The winter is gone, but the cold returned
Despite I'd tried, I can’t deny
You took my heart, you left a scar

And I’m trying to survive
While I feel the hazard
You’re so mean to reveal the truth behind yourself

The cold winds frozen my love
The exactly time you’re gone
And I’m still trying to see the tones
Of this cold spring

Well I thought, yes I fought
Against my will, to make this real
You don’t deserve, but I ignored
All the warnings signs, I made up a disguise

And I’m trying to survive
While I feel the hazard
You’re so mean to reveal the truth behind yourself

Of this cold spring

There’s a fire burning inside of me
And it’s boiling my darkest wish
And I don’t want your sorry
I’ll pull the trigger just see you disappear

Of this cold spring

Sounds Like

Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

snap_itshannah on 12/04/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 12/04/2015(UTC), erich hess on 12/04/2015(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 15/04/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 16/04/2015(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#7 Posted : 12 April 2015 03:53:26(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

UserPostedImage

Single Released: June 9th 2013
Genre: Orchestral Pop
Length: 4:49
Writers: Abie Lena, Rick Rubin
Producers: Rick Rubin, Gia-Rose Hilton

Facts

• The only song on Abie’s third album recorded the same time she was working on her second studio album;
• It peaked in the top five of both charts and sold over 1 million copies;
• The video for this song was filmed at the Royal Albert Hall in London;
• Abie wanted to release this song as the first single of the record, but she took the advice of her sister and released “YMMD” instead;

Song Description

et’s go back to the very old Abie Lena, the one from ‘Love and HeartBreak’, once you get there let’s increase it orchestra, violins and choirs and make it very theatrical, like a Broadway show, then we have ‘Again’. This poetic track is performed over an elaborated orchestral melody which fuses piano, violins of all kinds and sounds, plus a beautiful choir. The melody of the song is almost a funeral march if it weren’t for the bridge where a light is seemed at the end of the tunnel. The bridge of this song delivered as an incredible vocal performance by Abie, where she raised her voice till the end of the song where she vocalizes a note from the ones she used to do when she started out.
Following the interpretations of the album’s titled ‘The End Starts Now’, this time Abie is singing about the end of a relationship, although we don’t know for sure if it is a romantic relationship or a family relationship or even a friendship relationship, the fact is that this song is about broke up, but acceptance too. Abie is taking the blame for her, but at the same time she compares the situation with an assault and even says that she’s suffering. The song grows to a more confident feeling, when it reaches its end, where Abie says that the person is better without her and that she won’t die because of that. Another interpretation for the song could be the end of something that was pushing you back.
The song was a collaboration between Abie and Rick, but Gia took part on the production of it too. After this song, there’s a switch of themes and sound on the record, Abie will gain more confidence and she’ll sing about different interpretations for ‘The End Starts Now’.

Quote:

Lyrics

It’s all my fault
I made our life bitter like salt
I understand why you halted
I dug my own vault
So It’s all my fault
Between us were edified walls
Without worries, we spoke loud
Now I’m suffering this assault

Light my world again
Heal my wounds again
Save my soul
Give me hope
Again
Light my world again
Heal my wounds again
Save my soul
Give me hope
Again
Again

Why does this have to hurt?
Why can't we decline our lust?
And all our story is being buried
Nothing can save us
I killed both of us
And you’ll never want me back

Light my world again
Heal my wounds again
Save my soul
Give me hope
Again
Light my world again
Heal my wounds again
Save my soul
Give me hope
Again
Again

Light my world
Heal my wounds
Save my love
Again

Swimming to the surface
Breathing the air of sane
Leaving all the regrets
Moments I want to forget
And we’ll be alright
Time will heal our heart
Without me you’re better
And I won’t die

Light my world again
Heal my wounds again
Save my soul
Give me hope
Again
Light my world again
Heal my wounds again
Save my soul
Give me hope
Again
Again

It’s my fault
So, heal my soul
Again

Sounds Like

Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

snap_itshannah on 12/04/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 12/04/2015(UTC), erich hess on 12/04/2015(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 15/04/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 16/04/2015(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#8 Posted : 12 April 2015 04:08:31(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

UserPostedImage

Recorded: 2010
Single Released: 2011
Genre: Soul, Pop
Length: 4:47
Producers: Rick Rubin, Abie Lena
Album: Love and Heartbreak

Facts

• The third single overall released of Abies debut album;
• It is the very first top 3 hit single of Abie, on radio it reached number 2 and it sold over 1,5 million copies;
• The lyrics of this song describes the breakup of Abie Lena’s parents from her mother perspective, her father had brown eyes;
• Initially Abie avoided to perform this song live because of the feelings she has for her past father, but she overcame it;

Song Description

This is a based piano and vocal song, the harmony is given by the strong and well produced vocals by Abie with so much of personality and emotion, sometimes slow, sometimes strong and aggressive, The chorus of the song is sung in a very high note, Abie’s emotional state although the song transfer to the listener in a very sad and broken heart intonation, the piano melody is continuous in the whole time of the song, it starts and ends the song alone, and as Abie sings, this piano melody follows Abie’s vocals range and intonations, on the third chorus of the song Abie sings very soft and thin, and so the piano gets very thin and soft.
Quote:
My dear Lord, I travel back time now, it hasn’t been a really long time I didn’t listen to this song, I mean, the CD version of it, great moments I had with it, despite all the emotional side of it. I think its beautiful and it’s honest and it’s raw as well, I like it so much, now I can relate to it in other interpretations, but I did wrote thinking about the breakup of my parents, it was really hard and I remember that my mom used to say that my father didn’t cry the whole moment they were ending their relationship, I never had the opportunity to ask him if he ever falt like crying, he passed away one year and a half after this.

Lyrics

I looked at your brown eyes
And I realized that you’re leaving me
I looked at your tearful eyes
Yet you were so strong to hold your cry
Why has to be this way
My love wasn’t enough to bear the pain

Your voice was shaking but you handle it well
My heart was breaking slowly hearing every word
You were saying “We broke up!”

Don’t bother I’ll be alright
But please baby just, don’t you cry
I will live by my own
I’m not that young I have grown
It will hurt untill I forget

Remember the days we lied
In the grass talking about a future life
Remember when you said to me
That you loved me and we would marry

Your voice was shaking but you handle it well
My heart was breaking slowly hearing every word
You were saying “We broke up!”

I will live by my own

And someday we'll stop to think
In all those sweet memories
The pain would be just a scar
And our love would be sleeping

I will live by my own

Sounds Like

Edited by user 12 April 2015 04:12:28(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

Welat65 on 12/04/2015(UTC), erich hess on 12/04/2015(UTC), snap_itshannah on 12/04/2015(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 15/04/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 16/04/2015(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#9 Posted : 12 April 2015 04:24:00(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

UserPostedImage

Recorded: March 2012
Genre: Soul, Pop
Length: 4:31
Producers: Julian Morello, Abie Lena

Facts

• Abie didn't want to put this song on her second album but she was convinced by Julian Morello who produced it to do so;
• This track was not released as a single;
• Abie says that this is probably one of her most personal songs ever;

Song Description

This song is a piano ballad, with influences of soul music and a long introduction melody in the beginning of it. The piano introduction part is slow and subtle, extremely sad, till is finally breaks to a faster piano melody, and this fast melody makes the path to Abie start singing the song.
The first strophe we have Abie singing like if she has lost the hope, she’s not sad and not desperate, she’s just accepting the fact that she is alone and she lost all the hope of her heart. The piano here is fast and dramatic, but it’s still simple and subtle, all of this makes Abie sounds clear and clean, but she’s also subtle as the melodies of the song.
The chorus receives another piano base melody to that one the song presented when it started. Abie sings a bit louder than the first strophe and also she’s harmonic. Second strophe Abie takes the tone of the first strophe of the song and again transmits that lost feeling to its listeners. But the melodies are the same as the chorus of the song. There’re variations of Abie’s singin style g, she’s all free style in the entire song. Before she starts the chorus again, she sings a pre-chorus that was not presented in the first strophe of the song.
The second chorus also introduces the end of the song, here Abie goes along with that harmonic intonation to her voice till the song ends. There’s a break melody helped by the amazing crying style of Abie vocals, than Abie repeats the song and by the end of it, she keeps singing short phrases to end the song even more desolated than when she started it.
Lyrically the song is all about drama, Abie is alone and desolated, she lost her hope and she’s feeling alone and forgotten, so she keeps making analogies of the seasons changings and her life is still stuck.

Quote:

Lyrics

Leaves are falling from the trees, it’s almost winter
There’s no sun to warm my skin
I’m tuned at this and there’s nothing to interfere

Do you think you can save my life?
Can you wake me up?
I’m tired of sleeping awake
Nothing for me seems to be real

Words and wishes
Things I left behind
Fear and hopeless
Things I have in my mind

And no one helps me
And no one leads me
And no one saves me
And no one tries…

I can’t remember how it was before
The fog is all over it
As the times goes passing by
I’m becoming colder

I could walk in front of cars, or scream out
Nobody would look or hear me
They’re too busy to think about

Seasons change and I’m still the same
Seasons change and you’re still opaque
Seasons change and we’re far away
Seasons change and they fade
Seasons change and I can’t change my fate

Words and wishes
Things I left behind
Fear and hopeless
Things I have in my mind

And no one helps me
And no one leads me
And no one saves me
And no one tries…
No one tries…
No one tries…
No one tries…

Sounds Like

Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

Welat65 on 12/04/2015(UTC), erich hess on 12/04/2015(UTC), snap_itshannah on 12/04/2015(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 15/04/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 16/04/2015(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#10 Posted : 12 April 2015 04:38:19(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

UserPostedImage

Recorded: 2014
Single Released: December 2014
Genre: Indie Pop
Length: 3:59
Producers: Abie Lena, Rick Rubin

Facts

• This single peaked inside the top 10 od Digital and Airplay charts;
• Abie choose to release this track on Xtmas, because she likes the controversy;
• The meaning of this song has something to do with spirituality and the story of a character imagined for the album;

Song Description

‘I’m sad’ it’s an indie pop acoustic track with sounds of percussion and bass. It sounds like a fairytale track which could be served for any Disney princess trash version film, it It’s haunting, depressive and extremely apathetic, it starts off with guitar riffs and later on a slowdown drum is added and also some elements of bass and percussion completes the melodies of the track. Even though you realize through its lyrics that it is about the loss of happiness in its rawest way, it is sung in a way that could represent the accretion of losing its happiness. Abie’s voice sounds low key, relaxing and warm, it’s her echoing effect that leads the listener to feel an ironic tone on her singing, but it still sounds pretty and in the end quite tormenting. Abie is tormented in this track, following the storyline of the record it’s the exactly moment when the man realizes his fault on his ex-wife’s death and this track sort of works and a suicidal letter even though Abie didn’t clarified of specified the suicide of this character.

Quote:
‘In this last album I tried a lot of different sounds and textures and instruments and this song was so enigmatic to me when I wrote it, I'm happy the way I'm working right now, because it was always a bi dream of mine to make a pop opera album and this last accomplishment was just surreal and so artistic driven, I felt like I was painting a scene, like really doing art on its purest meaning.’

Lyrics

I’m sad
But I cannot say why
I just wanna lie in bed
In my warm blanket

I’m sad
Seems everything is meaningless
And its senseless living
It’s all pretend

I see everything black and white
I take happy pills to control my mind
Nothing fills the void inside
So, just leave me alone tonight

I’m sad
Although I don’t look like
And I can still be interesting
But I have a hole in place of a heart

I’m still sad
So let me be alone
As I’ll sing this song
With verses so sharp

Even the sun shines in my window
And birds sing on the top of the trees
I can’t hear a sound or smell the willow
So I close my eyes to sleep

Don’t wake me in the morning
‘Cause I wake up with bad mood
Just don't come to my room, let me sleep in peace

Yes, I’m sad
Should I just kill myself?
‘Cause this is as boring as living
So who can tell?

I’ll still be sad
Even if I live a hundred years
And you'll be laughing at my wrinkles
I’ll be old and sad

The day passed
Another day comes
I’ll remain sad
Sad, sad, sad

Sounds Like

Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

Offline Andre Gandra  
#11 Posted : 15 April 2015 07:49:52(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

UserPostedImage

Recorded: January 2012
Single Released: July 3rd 2012
Genre: Pop Rock, Country, Blues
Length: 4:03
Producers: Julian Morello and Abie Lena

Facts

• Second single taken from the album 'Seasons', peaked at number one on digital and airplay, sold over 3 million copies;
• Abie always claimed this to be one of her hardest songs to perform, because of the powerful vocals;
• This song was not supposed to be released as a single but Studio 60 asked it to be released and Abie agreed;

Song Description

Produced by Julian Morello, the first time he’s working with Abie Lena, the song starts with a country styled acoustic guitar and Abie saying that she no longer recognize her lover and that she’s been broken because of him, right in the first lines, she gives all the intonation that the song bears.
The acoustic guitar plus Abie vocals, goes till the pre-chorus of the song starts, where comes drums and piano and bass, transforming the song into a country ballad. Abie sings the song sadly enough to make us remember of a lover we no longer have.
The chorus of the song comes in full form, and even Abie raises her vocals a little bit, while she sings the desperate and hopeful lines of the chorus, here Abie wants to make clear she’s recovering and she wants to change and she’s even trying to.
The second strophe slows down the melodies of the chorus, but keeps the drums and the bass with the acoustic guitar and in fact this structure gives us the exactly feeling of listening to an old country song. Again come another chorus, but right after it ends, comes the song final strophe where violin is added and Abie finally drops all her usual vocal potential to sing the last lines of the song, actually this final strophe is basically the same notes of the chorus, but the lines are different, now Abie is strong enough to be mean, and wish the same worst feeling she’s feeling to her past lover.
Being the first time Julian is working with Abie Lena after he took part of Studio60, he did an wonderful job by leading Abie t a new field of genre, she has never experimented before, and let’s say that Abie is usually linked to dramatic and extremely sad songs, so in this one he made a great job by uniting the queen of broke up songs with the massive broke up melody, the country music.

Quote:
‘I think this is probably my most known single, It's always a pleasure to perform it, because the fans help me to sing it’

Lyrics

How did we end up like this?
You left me alone, running away with my bliss
And still, I’m trying to recover myself
Please can someone throw water in this hell?

Despite everything you did to I've lost my faith
I still believe, I'll retrieve
All my missing pieces
And someday you’ll taste the same fear

Catch the fire of my soul
And burn all the memories, leave blank my world
All the hate and rage that are drowned in your soul
Won't let you be happy till you let them go

Despite everything you did to me and all the hate
Even though I’m broken and I've lost my faith
I still believe, I'll retrieve
All my missing pieces
And someday you’ll taste the same fear

Long ago I used to feel
Like you were everything I thought to be real
I'd never thought I could be such a fool
By placing my trust in you

Despite all the hurt and even now I'm all alone
I know you’ll be worse than me
I know someday you'll pour the same tears

I still pour these tears

Sounds Like

Edited by user 23 October 2020 12:42:59(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

thanks 4 users thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
snap_itshannah on 15/04/2015(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 15/04/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 16/04/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 06/05/2015(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#12 Posted : 15 April 2015 08:02:41(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

UserPostedImage

Single Released: Octover 8th 2014
Genre: Indie Rock, Soft Rock
Length: 3:24
Writers: Abie Lena, Rick Rubin, Lilly Stuart
Producers: Abie Lena, Rick Rubin, Gia-Rose Hilton

Facts

• Third Single of Abie's last album managed to peak under the top 5 on charts and selling over 1,5 million copies;
• Abie is known for her versatility, but she never sung a rock track before this song;
• The video for this song is another Vevo Certified, Abie plays a ghost on it;

Song Description

“Something Before” is an indie rock track with influences of soft rock composed by Abie Lena, Rick Rubin and Gia-Rose Hilton and written by Lilly Stuart, Rick Rubin and Abie Lena. The song lyrics are connected to the storyline of the conceptual history of the record. This part of the song represents the conscience of the main protagonist of the story and its new form not as a human being but as a ghost as we can clearly perceive on the lines “Am I a ghost, or am I just in a transition / I don’t have a shape, but I have a vision”, other interpretations of the song is up to its listeners, Abie was always a singer to write about death and after death subjects, she often says that those are her biggest fears in life and that she’s afraid that she doesn’t have a former opinion on those matters. Musically the song receives influences of Indie rock and Soft Rock sounds, the fusion of instruments such as piano, acoustic and electric guitars, piano and drum combined form an almost spiritual jam sessions taking us back to 70’s rock and roll, except the violin, mandolin and other string instruments added to its sound which turns the song to something different and edge, but keeps the spiritual mood it has. The song overall has a sense of spirituality, the lyrics are obvious enough to represent that, but it combines perfectly to its sound. Abie voice sounds clear, soft and smooth in the begging but it progressively grows, to a wider range exploding into higher note sin the choruses of the track. Backing vocals add another texture to some parts of the song, making it sound a little epic.

Quote:

Lyrics

When the wind cross through you
And you won’t feel a thing
It’s just that you don’t have skin
And you speak but no sound
Comes out of your mouth

Just a pale and forgettable memory
Wandering through the centuries
Am I a ghost, or am I just in a transition
I don’t have a shape, but I have a vision
I was something before
I was something before

In the middle of a life I was stuck
Forces that wouldn’t let me burst
There was anger but it was long ago
There was a glimpse of reality I was bonded

I don’t a shape, but I have a vision
I was something before
I was something before

Uncertainties that brought me here
Erased all my memory
Till the end of the times I will wander
Without knowing why I still exist

I don’t a shape, but I have a vision
I was something before
I was something before
I had something before
I had something before

Sounds Like

Edited by user 15 April 2015 08:06:20(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

snap_itshannah on 15/04/2015(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 15/04/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 16/04/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 06/05/2015(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#13 Posted : 15 April 2015 08:13:29(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

UserPostedImage

Single Released:September 7th 2014
Genre: Indie pop, rock, jazz
Length: 3:35
Writers: Abie Lena, Lilly Stuart, Magie Lena
Producers: Rick Rubin, Abie Lena, Gia-Rose Hilton

Facts

• The most successful single of Abie's last album, managed to peak under the top 3 and sold over 2 million copies;
• The performance at the FCA awards was highly commented because of the kiss between Abie and Jude Law;
• The video of this song caused so much hype, because Abie is kissing actor Jude Law, she later revealed they were longtime friends;

Song Description

In May 2014, Lena revealed through Twitter that she "was working on her fourth studio album" with Rick Rubin which was later revealed to be a Conceptual Album. In July 2014, it was announced that the album’s lead single would be a special track produced to be a lead single called “Where Immortals Live”, after the leak of the song, reports made clear that another track would be released instead regarding the leak of the first planned lead single, rumors that this track was “The Break Up”. However they kept the plans and released the first planned lead single. The plan to release “The Break Up” as a single was postponed and now revealed as the official second single of the conceptual album.
"The Break Up" is an indie pop fusion with jazz and elements of pop rock, which Lena described as "not an ordinary break up track, because even though I have a couple of songs written with this theme, the aspects of this one is a little more upbeat than any other track that I’ve written." Produced by Rick Rubin, Abie Lena and Gia-Rose Hilton, the instrumentation infuses a 808 drum sequence, bluesy guitar riffs and an 80’s power ballads sensibility in other instrumentation of the track. Abie was responsible for the vocal production herself, first time she ever produced her own vocals with total artistic freedom gained by her record label. Rick produced the main instrumentation of the track but Gia-Rose added her “commercial touch to the track, making approachable and radio-friendly” as mentioned by Abie.
Lyrically, the song follows the story of the main character called “Ghost” while it was alive and had its big break up. The song starts with Lena singing, "I finally figured out / although I was already flouted / you were my dearest doubt". Abie’s vocals are surprisingly sexy and warm, she almost whispers at some parts. Regarding the lyrics, Rick Rubin said "it's Lena’s most impersonal song in quite some time. In fact, almost every track of this album has no connection to Abie’s personal life, because we literally were writing music based on the story we created towards the conception of this project." The song pays reference to Abie previous works, especially her early debut album and her very first single “Fake Plastic Life” which was pop and jazz fusion. Abie has told that despite this record bears a conceptual story; it also summarizes Abie’s artistic work up until now, by adding all the elements and genres of music that she worked before on her previous albums.

Quote:
The performance at the FCA was a big moment, I cannot forget to mention that Jude Law is a huge part of this song and I really like the reception of people over it, they were not like overeacting, they were enjoying the artistic aspects of it, so I guess that it's a remarcable single

Lyrics

I finally figured out
Although I was already flouted, you were my dearest doubt
Now it’s time, to start again
But this time you’re not in my plans
I’ve grown I’ve changed

You never loved me
And you were the first to break the agreement
I was a fool
But love is not always blind and this is my statement

Go and move on with your life
I release you, this time
So go on and live on your own
Move on with your life

I’ll be fine, I’ll be good
I’ll be safe, I’ll be good
I’ll be well, so so well
I’ll be good

I’ll be well, so so well
I’ll be good

If this all mean, we don’t owe,
Nothing for each other
Then we’re not bound by unbreakable bonds

I'm tired of being left behind
I hope she’ll be better than I ever was
You cannot hide your flaws

You never loved me
And you were the first to break the agreement
I was a victim
You and she definitely were made for each other

Go and move on with your life
I release you, this time
So go on and live on your own
Move on with your life

I’ll be well, so so well
I’ll be good

I’ll be well, so so well
I’ll be good

Sounds Like

Edited by user 15 April 2015 08:16:42(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

Offline Andre Gandra  
#14 Posted : 15 April 2015 08:25:48(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

UserPostedImage

Recorded: 2011
Single Released: September 22nd 2012
Genre: Blues, Jazz, Pop
Length: 3:40
Writers: Abie Lena and Julian Morello
Producers: Rick Rubin

Facts

• The third single of 'Seasons' peaked under the top 3 on digital and airplay charts and sold over 1,3 million copies;
• A music video was supposed to be filmed to promote this song, but Abie was not feeling well and the filmming were canceled;
• The video of this song caused so much hype, because Abie is kissing actor Jude Law, she later revealed they were longtime friends;

Song Description

Switching from the sad songs of the album comes ‘Baby Hit The Road’. It starts with a percussion-driven jazz melody which later is incorporated with backing vocals and electric guitar. Abie has an incredibly ironic and funny tone on her vocals. There also the addition of bass and piano leading the song to a softer blues.
Right after the first chorus of the song, there’s a break moment where another electric guitar is introduced and then it goes with the song till finally Abie reach the pre-chorus of it and it comes back to the original structure presented before.
In the stripped-down piano bridge Abie's vocals carry a twinge of sweetness before the chorus starts strongly and surprisingly ironic. The final chorus is louder than the other ones, but it’s because of the full melody structure the song took before it ends in the piano.
Abie give us a very unique style while singing this song, she’s sounding ironic and acidic, it’s like if she’s laughing the same time she’s singing the song. Lyrics are about Abie getting all of her confidence and self-acceptance back, she’s telling her boyfriend to never comeback anymore because she’s sick of him and now she only cares about her and even more she’s telling him that he was not good enough for her and that’s the reason they broke up, a little too selfish for Abie, but still very original.

Quote:
we were going to shoot the video for this song and I wasn't feeling so well, we had to cancel the filming and some weeks after I found out that I was really sick, It's sad that a single like this didn't receive a video to promote it, I think this song is really cinematic. but whatever

Lyrics

You think you know
You said I was too young and immature
But you don’t know
Just because you lived longer, or 'cause you are old
No I don’t agree
Baby I think it’s better if you disappear

Take your things I’ve sick of your lies
I’m so over you
And you don't need to try
You don’t have
Anything I could use for
And baby I don’t want to see you anymore

Baby hit the road
Don’t want you anymore
Baby hit the road
Don’t want you anymore
Baby hit the road
Don’t want you anymore
Baby hit the road
Don’t want you anymore

You look at me
With punishing eyes as if you could judge me
You think I’m a fool
Just ‘cause I didn’t have a story like you do
You should know it's my choice
I rather be a fool than be all coiled
Haven’t you realized, you’re not that much?

Take your things I'm sick of your lies
I’m so over you
And you don't need to try
You don’t have
Anything I could use for
And baby I don’t want to see you anymore

Baby hit the road
Don’t want you anymore
Baby hit the road
Don’t want you anymore
Baby hit the road
Don’t want you anymore
Baby hit the road
Don’t want you anymore

And today I ask, someone will show you
That love isn’t just taking all for you
If you were humble, there weren’t all these tumbles
You really don’t know how to love
But someday you’ll see it, someone will make you feel it
That you don’t know anything

Baby hit the road
Don’t want you anymore
Baby hit the road
Don’t want you anymore
Baby hit the road
Don’t want you anymore
Baby hit the road
Don’t want you anymore
Baby hit the road
Don’t want you anymore
Baby hit the road
Don’t want you anymore
Baby hit the road
Don’t want you anymore
Baby hit the road
Don’t want you anymore

Sounds Like

Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

Offline Andre Gandra  
#15 Posted : 15 April 2015 08:40:16(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

UserPostedImage

Genre: Soul, R&B
Length: 3:14
Writers: Abie Lena, Magie Lena and Yulia Volkova
Producers: Abie Lena, John Hill

Facts

• The official first single of Abie Lena, successfully launched her name to stardom, peak under the top 10 and sold over 1,5 million copies;
• It was written by Magie Lena and Julia Volkova and initially it was supposed to be a dance-music;
• John Hill only worked with Abie on her first studio album, he is main responsible for her jazz and soul roots;

Song Description

The song starts with Abie singing the first strophe of it followed by simple jazz beats, composed of Sax, a very known drum melody sampled from an old Marvin Gaye's Motown hit “Ain’t no mountain high enough” and a piano riff. This simple melody follows Abie amazing vocal performance till she reaches the first chorus, where the song receives backing vocals, based on old gospel songs, and a faster drum sequence. Abie's singing gives the listener an ironic and sometimes sarcastic intonation. The song follows the same structure ‘till the end, the only changes keep on Abie’s singing sometimes high, sometimes low, sometimes rusk, in an unique style.

Quote:
I should call John Hill to work with me again in the future, I think we did some amazing songs together like this one. I love my soul and Motown roots, it's still inside of me, even though my last albums are abit far away from those influences, but I guess I'll be back anytime soon, maybe...

Lyrics

Life has passed by my eyes
Like a bullet cross the sky
And Now I know I lost the chance of my life
When time is not a friend
And we tried to pretend
I locked in my old box all of our remembrances
Well, you seem very well
You got yourself a fairy tale
Living a good life and I'm at this hell
Do you still remember what we were?
The times we spent together
In few days before my heart tore

Our love was a summer’s heat
And as heat it cools quickly
You have a new life, I have a disguise
Fake, like a plastic Life

I just want you know there is no regrets
Since you're gone I started all psychic therapies
But it’s fine after all Guess I was not made to love
So many times I spend looking at the clock
Even if I waited for you, probably we would get through
I always took the first steps when you should had
I have said so many prayers, for you to change your head
But all I got back was a kick in my ass

Now I live alone
Faking a smile on my own
Just to not show I'm hollow

I heard you think I’m all right
Well that’s what I show outside
Didn’t you think, I have pride?
But I live alone
Faking a smile on my own
Just to not show I'm hollow

Sounds Like

Edited by user 15 April 2015 08:44:03(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

Offline Andre Gandra  
#16 Posted : 15 April 2015 08:50:23(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

UserPostedImage

Genre: Soul
Length: 4:08
Writers: Abie Lena,Yulia Volkova
Producers: Abie Lena, John Hill

Facts

• Another top three single with sales of over 1,3 million copies;
• This song tells a story of a whore, Abie played the main character on the music video;
• This song received critical acclaim and gave Abie the attention of nothing less but an incredible and respectfull singer;

Song Description

The song has a piano and jazz drum sequence increased by an old Guitar, making it sound like a funeral march, this melody keeps playing till the first chorus starts where the song receives a really sad and tragic violin orchestra, also there are some backing vocals added after Abie sings the phrases of the chorus making it repeat. Before a short stop on the melodies the song comes back to its original funeral march to continue the second strophe and the same goes like the first till the chorus again. The song has a break down melody where a classical church piano enters followed only by that old jazz drum sequence, this is the most sad and tragic part of the song. Despite all the darkness surround this song’s melody, it is a fast song, and the lyrics are really funny to hear, it is about a hooker giving up of her lovers, cause she is sick of that life, to make the song funnier Abie sings in a ironic tone, her voice is not so clear like the first song, here we can perceive some old effects on her voice, just like in old radios.

Quote:

Lyrics

He comes with the twilight
With his white shirt and jeans tight
He entered the door, I was high

He asked: "what is wrong?"
I said It was so fun
I've accepted my role

He'll come back to his wife
I'll drown my sorrow with his lies
Waiting him till the next twilight

He and I are sinners
In this bed we made her tears

Don’t fill me baby, with your lies
You cannot hide
In every morning you will
Comeback to your … wife

I'd had loved you more
Yet you don't deserve
I know, so well, your lust

But in me you could trust
You may leave me to stay with her
But I told you, I accepted my role

Don’t fill me baby with your lies
You cannot hide
Comeback to your...

You cannot hide
Comeback to your … life

You’ll
Comeback
to…
You’ll
Comeback
to…

You cannot hide
Comeback to your...

You cannot hide
Comeback to your … life

Sounds Like

Edited by user 15 April 2015 08:53:26(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

Offline Andre Gandra  
#17 Posted : 15 April 2015 09:05:44(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

UserPostedImage

Single Released: March 25th 2015
Genre: Trip Hop
Length: 4:08
Writers: Abie Lena,Lilly Stuart
Producers: Abie Lena, Gia-Rose Hilton, Drake Anton Zaslavsky

Facts

• This was the last single released of Abie's fourth studio album and it was also released as an EP;
• This remix peaked at the top 5 on airplay charts and the EP peaked at number one on Digital Charts;
• The video for this song is a live performance streamed on Abie's Vevo account, the meaning of this song suits the release of this Greatest Hits;

Song Description

For this remixed track, Drake worked with trip hop beats, so bass and synth in a mid-tempo tries to maintain the melodic aspects of the original version of this track, but he also added a very dramatic piano riff through the track and Abie’s vocals are heavily effected, expect when she performs the chorus, where Drake decided to leave it clean and hearable.

Quote:
I love what Drake made with this track, it's unbelievably good, sad and epic and so hypnotic, he certainly is a genius with his music, I think that we gained so much with his debut, his skills are incredible, when he first showed me the results of this track, I was so into the mood of this song, that I almost cried, it's incredible and I'm proud of the success it's making.

Lyrics

The cold embraced me
And the silence stifled my reason
It’s better not feeling anything
Too strange to accept
But sweet and affectionate
Within its fragile glass dome, it’s insecure

Don’t try to revive what’s dead long ago
Don’t judge me for being so cold
‘Cause you can't see the scars of my aching soul

Don’t wish forgiveness
Gave up the lust
All I hope is one day return to dust

‘Cause you can't see the scars of my aching soul

‘Cause you can't see the scars of my old soul

Sounds Like

Edited by user 06 May 2015 07:54:40(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

Realms Of Darkness on 15/04/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 16/04/2015(UTC), snap_itshannah on 06/05/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 06/05/2015(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#18 Posted : 06 May 2015 07:38:42(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

UserPostedImage

Recorded: 2015
Produced by: Abie Lena, Drake Anton Zaslavsky
Written by: Abie Lena
Genre: Art Pop, electropo
New song
Published by Studio 60

Song Description

"Worst side of me" lasts for a duration of 3:52 (three minutes and fifty two seconds). It as an electropop song, however it explores Abie’s art pop sensibilities. The song features Abie's "brooding croon" over minimal synthesizers and rattling drums. It can be compared to Abie’s previous album “The End Starts Now” which saw the use of mainstream pop genres like hip hop, mixed with classical and indie elements. The minimalist style presented in the song also can be compared to other tracks of her second studio album “Seasons” and the song of the same name, despite it does not have any influence of soul music, it has an apathetic tone that’s present on songs that Abie makes a self – analyses of her own persona.
Vocals are controlled and low key on the verses of the track, in the chorus, there’s a spark to her voice which raises the key of the track and also adds some falsettos.
The lyrics are straightforward and works as a warning to anyone who wants to understand what’s going through Abie Lena’s mind. She is often categorized as fragile and sad woman, but it appears that she has some rage in her, a rage that she tries to maintain asleep on her inner personality and that she doesn’t want it to be awaken for no circumstances, but she warns to not be tempted to show her devil side. It is a shift to her most depressed work and perhaps a clever way for her songwriting, which saw some criticism in her last album due to her often low self-steam.

Lyrics

I woke at dawn, I’m restless again
Another sleepless night
Staring the ceiling above my head
Wasting my time
Voices breaking the silence
Are taking off my solace
The noise brings me back conscience

I look for serenity but I am anxious
One at a time, I give up my dreams
And spit my poison
You said that I’m an angel
But I’ve fallen for so long time
You think you can untangle
But I’m trapped in my own lies

I run from you
It’s only me hiding from the stir
For it’s the only way
By which you'll be safe
Don’t tempt me, 'cause there is
A reason why you hadn’t seen
The worst side of me

So you retreat, it’s better stay away
You wouldn’t fill the gaps
Of my heart in pain
Don’t dare me, ‘cause there is
The worst side of me

Wherever I go these shadows follow me
What it’s touched by my fingers tend to
Spontaneously bleed

You said that I was good
But good is not enough
You think you can unveiled me
But I’m a lost cause
Your persisting advances
Your urgency decisions
Your virtuous patience
Has awaken the wost side of me

So, I run from you
It’s only me hiding from the stir
For it’s the only way
By which you'll be safe
Don’t tempt me, 'cause there is
The worst side of me

Then you retreat, it’s better stay away
You wouldn’t fill the gaps
Of my heart in pain
Don’t dare me, ‘cause there is
The worst side of me

Don’t tempt me, ‘cause there is
The worst of me
The worst side of me

Sounds Like

Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

thanks 3 users thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
snap_itshannah on 06/05/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 06/05/2015(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 07/05/2015(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#19 Posted : 06 May 2015 07:50:52(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

BONUS TRACK:

UserPostedImage

Genre: Pop, soul, blues
Length: 3:51
Producers: Rick Rubin

Facts

• This is the opening track os Aie's first studio album and it is the first track Abie recorded as a professional singer;
• It was supposed to become a single, but it was never released;
• Abie auditioned to Studio 60 by performing this song.

Song Description

With a pounding piano riff mixed with a heavy blues influenced drums sequence makes the base melody of the song. The song is increasing by harmonic backing vocals making it sound bigger and louder in the chorus and pre-choruses of it. Abie sings with a sarcastic tone in her voice, which by the way makes the song sounds epic in the high note parts, especially in the first lines of the chorus, where Abie holds a 5s note strong and high. The song is an up-tempo song. Abie has a simple writing process, her songs are really clear to understand, she said one time that her songs came straight from her heart, explaining that she sings what she was feeling in that moment, that’s the reason her initial lyrics are so straight foward, compared to her most recent works, this track reminds us the old soul of miss Lena's debut.

Lyrics

Take my heart I don’t want it anymore
I lost the count of times it felt in love
Every time I have a breakdown
I spend a big time just to take me from the ground
No, I’m not giving it to anyone
I’m just throwing away in the garbage it deserves
So take my heart away from me
It makes me weak

Starting from here, I’ll never love again
Don’t care if you'll call me cold ‘cause now I'm unchain
Because I have enough of entanglements

I’m gonna break free
From this ultimate sin
yes my heart was torn away
So let it be thrown away

There's so much to lose when you're open
You give your love and you want to receive the same
Those three words were never so longed
From a person that has a heart of stone

Don’t care if you'll call me cold ‘cause now I'm unchain
Because I have enough of entanglements

I’m gonna break free
From this ultimate sin
So let it be thrown away

I’m gonna break free
From this ultimate sin
So let it be thrown away
thrown away, thrown away, thrown away

I’m gonna break free
From this ultimate sin
So let it be thrown away

Sounds like

Edited by user 06 May 2015 07:52:20(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

thanks 3 users thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
snap_itshannah on 06/05/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 06/05/2015(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 07/05/2015(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#20 Posted : 06 May 2015 08:08:40(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

Thank You

After five years, it was time for me to celebrate this journey with a special album like this one, special because it was made to please the most important person, who’s responsible for all of the achievements and success that I’ve accomplished through all these years. This person is you! The Fans, so I start thanking you first, because it seems that I owe you all of this life that I’m living, which is like a dream that I never thought it could be real. So thank you and for that, I love you all so much!
You can’t make incredible music, without an incredible producer behind you and there were a few people who participated into my musical journey, people who gave smart tips, people who wrote key words for the song, people who composed smash riffs and people who dedicated a big time of their lives to work hard with me in a studio for hours, days and weeks. For all of those folks, I say thank you!
Rick Rubin, John Hill, Lilly Stuart, Julian Morello, Gia-Rose Hilton, Julia Volkova, Tisha Jackson, Drake Anton Zaslavsky.
My band, who’s always with me on tour or on studio on in my private world, at home, talking about plans and dreams for the future, I feel guilty for taking you inside my world for over five years where we couldn’t rest enough, it was hard and lots of work, but it was fun because you were all with me! So thank you so much.
My family, my mom and my sister, you are the sources of my hope.
I wish I’ll be back, but I have to admit that I’m getting old, just like the song… But I’ll never forget the incredible journey we were in together so far… before I go, I just want to ask you, the fan, to wait a little while now, I’ll promise to comeback!
I love you!

Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

thanks 1 user thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
Welat65 on 06/05/2015(UTC)