logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline JohnnyBBB  
#1 Posted : 01 May 2015 03:42:17(UTC)
JohnnyBBB

Groups: Registered
Man
Greece

Was thanked: 1727 time(s) in 443 post(s)
UserPostedImage
Title: Deadly Love
Released: April 30, 2015
Format: CD Single, Digital, Airplay, Stream
Recorded: April 2015; Jungle City Studios (New York)
Genre: R&B
Length: 3:58
Label: TBA
Writer(s): Chris Lopez, Johnny Carter
Producer(s): Boots, Chris Lopez, Johnny Carter

Deadly Love is the debut single from American singer Johnny Carter. It was released on April 30, 2015. The song was written by Chris Lopez and Johnny Carter; both of them collaborated with Boots during the production process. Deadly Love is an R&B song, its sound is operatic, with piano chords, and various rhythmic effects. Lyrically the song talks about feeling trapped in a dangerous, passionate and deadly love. Upon its release, Deadly Love received mostly positive reviews by music critics who praised the song for being mature, his vocals and its production and its addictive Pre-Hook and Hook.

Background
Deadly Love was written by Johnny Carter and his best friend Chris Lopez, who is also a new photographer and did the photoshoot for the singles' cover art; both of them collaborated with Boots, who is known for his work with Beyoncé, for the production. In April 2015, Johnny Carter started writing a song with his best friend Chris Lopez, the song was supposed to be more sexy and fun, but the subject changed in the process. In April 25, 2015, before the song was recorded Johnny updated his Twitter account teasing his fans and saying that the single would be released really soon. Deadly Love was recorded at Jungle City Studios, located in New York City under the guidance of Boots. It was later mixed by Tony Maserati and it was eventually mastered by George Smith. In April 27, 2015, Johnny posted an outtake from his photoshoot for the cover art by Chris Lopez on his personal accounts (Twitter, Instagram) announcing the release date of his debut single (April 30, 2015). In April 28, 2015, a preview of the song was posted on Johnny's website.

Composition
Deadly Love was written by Chris Lopez and Johnny Carter, the two of them with Boots produced the song. It is a midtempo R&B song, having smooth and silky vocals and a decisive R&B aesthetic.
Lyrically, "Deadly Love" talks about being trapped in a dangerous, passionate and deadly love, with the singer declaring: "Na na na, your love is killing me, na na na, your love is deadly". In an interview, Johnny stated that, "Deadly Love is about feeling trapped in a relationship or a situation, where you give your everything but the result isn't exactly what you expected. Many times you can't think clear and you don't feel free".

Critical Reception
The song received generally favorable reviews from music critics, who praised Johnny for being mature and the song's production. Maria Limber of Billboard was positive, declaring that the singer wanted to create a more mature image for himself and that he was in the right path. Dylan Clay of Music Book was negative towards some of the song's lyrics but he complimented Johnny's vocals. Josh Dallas of Musical Journey stated that the song was sexy with a magical tone. Michael Perry of MTV News wrote that the lyrics were too explicit for Johnny's age and it was impossible to connect with the song because of this, but praised the production and his vocal performance.

Chart Performance
"Deadly Love" debuted at #4 on The Hot Digital Songs Chart, selling 225,000 digital downloads. The following week, the song fell 1 position to number #5 after 235,000 download copies were sold. The third week, "Deadly Love" fell to number #15, the next week with sales of 235,000 it rose to number #7. On the Top 20 Weekly Airplay Charts, "Deadly Love" rose from number #12 to number #10; the same week, the song was the 2nd most requested Urban track. "Deadly Love" was certified Gold in May 24, 2015 and Platinum in June 7, 2015. As of June 28, 2015, it has sold 1,360,000 paid digital downloads.

Remix
A remix of "Deadly Love" featuring Kidd Amaze was released on May 30, 2015, one month after its release. The Remix debuted at #3 with sales of 290,000 downloads on The Hot Digital Songs Chart. The second week the Remix peaked at #2 with 175,000 downloads sold. The third week the song fell 1 position to number #3 with sales of 310,000 downloads; the same week the song was certified Gold. On the Airplay Charts, it debuted at #7. The following week, the song rose 2 positions to number #5; the same week, it was the 3rd most requested Pop/Dance/Rhythmic track.

Lyrics

Dark Lights
Candles on fire
I'm ready
Are you?

It's making me sick
I can't even breath
Your love is dangerous
It's unfair to play like this

Na Na Na
Your love is killing me
Na Na Na
Your love is deadly
You suck my love, my life out of me like a medicine
You're like a drug for me, deadly, deadly, deadly love

Your love is deadly
I can't understand it
How a girl like you
Can make me fly away

Dark Lights
Candles on fire
I'm ready
Are you?

All I wanted was to feel your lips
You rub slowly on my body
Trying to seduce me
Your love ain't good for me but I still love it

Na Na Na
Your love is killing me
Na Na Na
Your love is deadly

Your love is deadly
I can't understand it
How a girl like you
Can make me fly away

I'm your prisoner, your slave
How can you destroy me, little by little
I'm not sure of what to do
I don't want it but I do
I know I can't control it

Na Na Na
Your love is killing me
Na Na Na
Your love is deadly

Your love is deadly
I can't understand it
How a girl like you
Can make me fly away

It's making me sick
I can't even breath

Sounds Like:

Edited by user 29 June 2015 06:57:45(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 10 users thanked JohnnyBBB for this useful post.
mebeme101 on 01/05/2015(UTC), freestylechamp on 01/05/2015(UTC), snap_itshannah on 01/05/2015(UTC), Osprey037[Reported Failure] on 01/05/2015(UTC), erich hess on 01/05/2015(UTC), dohaihoangnam on 01/05/2015(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 01/05/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 01/05/2015(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 03/05/2015(UTC), kandii on 01/06/2015(UTC)
Offline mebeme101  
#2 Posted : 01 May 2015 04:25:37(UTC)
mebeme101

Man

Was thanked: 5703 time(s) in 2512 post(s)
Brandon: Dang all these young people are releasing very mature music I blame that cable television smh no but seriously I don't think it matters I don't look much at age when it comes to music unless you're like 12 and swearing like a sailor but anyway this track is really good the lyrics are excellent, top notch production and your vocals were great man can't wait to see what you do next good luck with your career :)

ooc: Great job on all of this the lyrics were great and everything was just great waaaaay better than me when I first joined hell probably even better than me now lol keep it up :)
My Acts

Layla Sanchez|AJ|Brandon Grey|PRÓXIMO|Carmen V|SZ|DREAM

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked mebeme101 for this useful post.
JohnnyBBB on 01/05/2015(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#3 Posted : 01 May 2015 04:39:24(UTC)
erich hess

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 17917 time(s) in 10411 post(s)
Erica: sorry,I lose it when I hear the word " suck". Herds of disembodied penises roaming free and wild come to mind.

Nina: you don't even have access to a penis,love.

Erica: your mom has access to penises!

Nina: I'd hope so.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 2 users thanked erich hess for this useful post.
mebeme101 on 01/05/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 01/05/2015(UTC)
Offline JohnnyBBB  
#4 Posted : 01 May 2015 06:00:20(UTC)
JohnnyBBB

Man
Greece

Originally Posted by: mebeme101 Go to Quoted Post
Brandon: Dang all these young people are releasing very mature music I blame that cable television smh no but seriously I don't think it matters I don't look much at age when it comes to music unless you're like 12 and swearing like a sailor but anyway this track is really good the lyrics are excellent, top notch production and your vocals were great man can't wait to see what you do next good luck with your career :)

ooc: Great job on all of this the lyrics were great and everything was just great waaaaay better than me when I first joined hell probably even better than me now lol keep it up :)

Johnny: Wow. Thank you so much, It means so much to me!!

OOC: oh my god thank you. that's the first song that I wrote with my best friend, so I didn't know if it was actually good..

Originally Posted by: erich hess Go to Quoted Post
Erica: sorry,I lose it when I hear the word " suck". Herds of disembodied penises roaming free and wild come to mind.

Nina: you don't even have access to a penis,love.

Erica: your mom has access to penises!

Nina: I'd hope so.

Johnny: Haha umm.. xD is that a good thing?

Edited by user 04 May 2015 02:58:02(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked JohnnyBBB for this useful post.
erich hess on 03/05/2015(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#5 Posted : 01 May 2015 06:26:17(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Was thanked: 17917 time(s) in 10411 post(s)
Erica: I'm not sure. Its been ages since I've been in the mood for one of those.

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
Offline Welat65  
#6 Posted : 01 May 2015 06:43:03(UTC)
Welat65

Man
Germany

Was thanked: 2936 time(s) in 783 post(s)
Ezra: That's a good song for a debut. I like it! Keep it up!
Aliya RoseBarbie DollEzra Allan • MOON • NicoleYumiRealTalk.com (Talk Show)

• VENUS •

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked Welat65 for this useful post.
Offline BrownSugar  
#7 Posted : 01 May 2015 07:10:15(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19124 time(s) in 7592 post(s)
Scott: If the love is making you sick and you find it hard to breathe, you better go get tested. That ain't right. Jokes aside, I am pleasantly surprised with this single. Granted, it's not the best song in the world and I'm a little bit unsure of how you wish to present yourself as an artist. I mean you're 16 years old and to come out with a song so..."mature" as some would call it is a risky move but a bold one nonetheless. I don't doubt your vocal talents and the production is top notch. Really interested to see where you will go from here. Good luck with everything :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

thanks 1 user thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
Offline JohnnyBBB  
#8 Posted : 01 May 2015 07:22:00(UTC)
JohnnyBBB

Man
Greece

Originally Posted by: BrownSugar Go to Quoted Post
Scott: If the love is making you sick and you find it hard to breathe, you better go get tested. That ain't right. Jokes aside, I am pleasantly surprised with this single. Granted, it's not the best song in the world and I'm a little bit unsure of how you wish to present yourself as an artist. I mean you're 16 years old and to come out with a song so..."mature" as some would call it is a risky move but a bold one nonetheless. I don't doubt your vocal talents and the production is top notch. Really interested to see where you will go from here. Good luck with everything :)

Johnny: Thank you so much for your comments. To be honest, I don't know how I want to present myself right now.. I'm just doing what it feels right for me. Thank you again :D
Offline snap_itshannah  
#9 Posted : 01 May 2015 14:20:40(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 6355 time(s) in 2888 post(s)
OOC: Oh my gosh, great job. This is ten times better than anything I posted within my first month of being on here - and I know a lot of people on here would absolutely say the same for themselves. You're already fitting in really well. So awesome, welcome! Great job on your first song. Can't wait to see what else you do with your character. :)
thanks 1 user thanked snap_itshannah for this useful post.
Offline Clampdown  
#10 Posted : 01 May 2015 14:57:55(UTC)
Clampdown

Man
United States

Was thanked: 1095 time(s) in 398 post(s)
Leon: Ya got no shot in this business, kid! Nah, I kid. You have so much potential, can't wait to hear what else you've got up your sleeves.

OOC: Guh-narly! I never did anything this well written when I started out. You've got a great running start. Welcome to the forum.
Active Bands/Artists:

Some Kind of Planet

Other characters:
[b]Leon Peralta - Main writer for Coast 2 Coast Music

thanks 1 user thanked Clampdown for this useful post.
Offline freestylechamp  
#11 Posted : 03 May 2015 03:37:58(UTC)
freestylechamp

Man
United States

Was thanked: 6094 time(s) in 2656 post(s)
OOC: your first song makes it look like a natural, I'm very impressed with it.

Kidd: this is hot, no lie. The music and the lyrics, someone need to catch you now on the ground, for real. Hey you know I got a record label too, if you want to come with me?

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked freestylechamp for this useful post.
JohnnyBBB on 03/05/2015(UTC)
Offline JohnnyBBB  
#12 Posted : 03 May 2015 05:42:49(UTC)
JohnnyBBB

Man
Greece

Originally Posted by: freestylechamp Go to Quoted Post
OOC: your first song makes it look like a natural, I'm very impressed with it.

Kidd: this is hot, no lie. The music and the lyrics, someone need to catch you now on the ground, for real. Hey you know I got a record label too, if you want to come with me?

OOC: Thank you :D

Johnny: Haha thank you! Ohh that would be great!!! :D

Edited by user 04 May 2015 02:59:40(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified