logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Atonic Records  
#1 Posted : 17 July 2015 15:11:11(UTC)
Atonic Records

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 2278 time(s) in 613 post(s)
UserPostedImage

So if many of you haven't heard, our real life music releasing system has been revamped. Now all new music releases will be released on Fridays worldwide, which is great Idea and might actually stop illegal file sharing, (Which we all love I suppose). But this isn't the news I'm trying to share to you, I would like to purpose this change to happen in our Music Industry RP as well. Why?... well Because many RP releases don't get the attention they need and sometimes they are overshadowed by other player releases, and we all know the hard work that we put behind these releases. So not getting the attention you worked hard for is gut wrenching and sometimes it can make a player feel unnoticed or unappreciated.

If many of you are still confused and don't get how this releasing system will fix that, well let me explain. Let's say that Tinabobina releases a RP song for one of her characters, she worked hard for this release, she even wrote a long description and review for it and even made one of those promotional banners as well. - She releases it and it got some of the players attention and a few likes. The next day another player releases a song for one of their RP characters and it gets a Ton of likes and responses ... but the song is shitty in all honesty and the sound alike was used by other players as well.

Tinabobina sees this and she's like UserPostedImage "Oh Hell No....The song was shitty, yet it got more attention that mine!" which is an indication that she is pissed and also feels unappreciated for her hard work. Many of you might say that the reason her song didn't get much attention is due to not many people being online the day she released her single, which is a good point and leads to another reason why the Friday release scheduling system could work.

If we make Friday our "New music release day" it would give players a reason to go online during the weekend and to just look at all the new releases that were released on Friday without any interruptions of other release done on the weekend or any other day. This would give the releasing players the attention they worked for and desire for their artist, and no problems like the Tinabobina would irrupt again due to no other song overshadowing it.

So if we all agree to this, we will no longer have people doing this anymore.

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked Atonic Records for this useful post.
kandii on 17/07/2015(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#2 Posted : 18 July 2015 04:02:09(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
I don't like the idea at all. Having everyone release on one day will cluster up the forums and will most likely cause people to not want to comment since there's so much going on, at least I won't want to do that. Besides, Friday is the weekend and most people like to not be on here during the weekend or are busy. I usually announce 98% of my releases 2-3 weeks in advance so I can't help that 100 other people decide to magically release on that day as well. Some people also like to just release things without any warning. It sounds more like you having a problem with not getting enough attention with your releases tbh. People comment when they can or feel like it. A comment doesn't necessarily mean your rp was read and not getting a comment doesn't mean that it was ignored completely.

So I'm going to vote no for this.

Edited by user 18 July 2015 04:02:48(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 2 users thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
kandii on 18/07/2015(UTC), Atonic Records on 18/07/2015(UTC)
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#3 Posted : 18 July 2015 05:12:19(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Groups: Registered
Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 3949 time(s) in 1347 post(s)
I agree with Tequila on this one it would make things more messy and it will cause I think personally for me more worry and stress to get all my description and stuff written on time for a Friday, that's why I think keeping it as is is better for everyone because then people don't have to rush around and can release a song whenever they want.

Kinda understand you feel like your getting ignore(we all feel like that at times I am sure), but just because someone doesn't like or comment doesn't mean they haven't acknowledge the effort and work that have put into the RP or song.

So I vote no for this one too.
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked AmyJayneXoX for this useful post.
Atonic Records on 18/07/2015(UTC)