logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline kandii  
#1 Posted : 08 August 2015 02:00:48(UTC)
kandii

Groups: Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 10467 time(s) in 3435 post(s)
UserPostedImage
Single: 40 oz
Artist: Drew Westbrook
Label: Studio60
Release Date: August 7th, 2015
Genre: Jazz Rap
Written by: Drew Westbrook
Produced by: FancyN
Length: 4:28

Picture this: Here you are sitting in a hotel suite all alone. It's morning now, you had a wild night last night and you woke up to the aftermath, empty bed, scattered sheets, messy room and the remains of leftover drugs. You get up and walk around the room in order to at least try to clean up the drugs, the last thing you need is for the maid to discover the coke and heroin laying all over the place, who knows the kind of trouble it'll bring if word gets out that you and your girlfriend who's been to rehab once already are feeding each other narcotics and tearing up hotel suites. It's only an hour before the maids do their daily round of hotel keeping so you figure you have enough time. You take a look around the room one more time before you begin scraping specs of crushed crack off of the counter tops, removing the needles off of the coffee table and picking up the spilled pills from the floor and throwing it all in the trash.

But what if someone looks through the trash? You can't have that. You pick the bag up out of the trash and began to tie it together, putting on a shirt and slippers, getting ready to head outside and take it out to the dumpster before realizing you didn't check the balcony for anymore of your forbidden garbage. Walking over to the back of the room and opening the curtains, immediately the sun hits you. You slowly slide the screen door, grabbing the warm handle and stepping out towards the edge, taking a quick glance at the amazing view and then looking down at the slow LA traffic. You stare for a minute but snap out of it, turning around and getting ready to clean up the patio.

You shuffle around with the garbage bag as you shake your head, filling it up and realizing there was so many drugs laying around that it was starting to feel a little heavy. What were you thinking? Where did all of these drugs come from? When did y'all start using this much? You knew from the start this wasn't a good idea. This was wrong, everything about it is wrong and you're the one to blame, the way you let it get this far when you promised yourself you'd keep it under control. Thinking too much into to it, you stopped cleaning up and dropped the bag. The party you had last night was too crazy and now it's making you think. You turn around and begin to head back into the room but you stop in your tracks, a half full bottle of malt liquor wrapped in a brown paper bag sitting neatly and perfectly balanced on top of the railing of the balcony. You slowly walk towards it and hesitantly reach out to it, screams in your head already nearing just as the beat of the song rolls in. Now hit the play button to 40 oz and see where it leaves you.

Drew Westbrook

[screams drawing closer]

I ain't waving, I'm drowning

Drowning in her own tears, drowning in your own fears
Sitting here tryna wipe her eyes, but not even for you is this shit clear
You weren't supposed to save her, simply because she didn't need it
Went to rehab for no reason, now all of a sudden she needs it
You say she talked you into it, but nigga you let her do it
Telling yourself this is temporary phase that you'll pull through, but you've been going through it
Going under, playing the victim card on your mindset
Shame that before you listen to yourself you'd rather listen to what a mime says
You're a wise fool, but that just makes you even dumber
You know right from wrong, you just don't give yourself the choice
You know hot from cold but somehow still expect an Indian summer
You know good from evil but it doesn't seem important enough to you to voice
Everything you touch you ruin, every leak turns into a river
Nothing but cheap ass liquor, all you're good for is fucking up livers
Only with you because you're the fire escape, and you know this relationship wont go far
Can't wait until she realizes that you ain't shit, sees you for the monster you really are

Sinking deep, sinking deep, sinking deep, get ready to reap!

House keeping!
[knocks]
House keeping!
¡Abre la puerta! ¡Abre la puerta tengo que limpiar el cuarto!
¡Es que no hay mucho tiempo tengo que limpiar el cuarto!
¿Está usted en la habitación?
Estoy entrando en la habitación!
Sir? Sir! ¡¿Qué estás haciendo?! Consiga abajo desde allí! Usted caerá!

How come you weep? Is it that you know you've sown too far?
You reek of a guilty conscious, I'm surprised the coward has gone this far
And if you jump now, even you know you're going easy on yourself
Drew the man? Drew the card? You're a fucking fail!
On demand to be discarded, don't lie to yourself
Draw some blood and hear the horns, watch as the sharks rise from hell
Don't know what you've stepped in but you're full of shit from this industry
Can't fight your own battles anymore, somehow you've become your own enemy
What does it matter if these four walls is the only place you actually have some real hegemony?
If you don't fuck up for the mics, I'm sure you'll do it under your own steam
Tryna put some power in your own hands but you're just swimming with the stream
You made it past the streets but headed straight off the beam
You think you're better just because you talk fancy and can pronounce amnem...monemomneee.....amenome?
Look fuck that shit! And fuck you too! I can't wait until you die!
But what you deserve is much worse, you deserve to sit and suffer through life!

All this blood on your hands, and now you got Ti taking lines off your lap
All those guns you done triggered, all those lives you ruined selling crack
You're no better than any other of them niggas who waste a whole record deal glorifying a street life they never lived in their every single rap
You try to call them out every now and then but you're still a hypocrite and that doesn't change any of the facts
You can't make up for that body count
[gulps down liquor]
...Even if you haven't lost count
I guess you shouldn't participate in drive-bys if you were expecting to keep count
I guess you shouldn't look them in the eyes as you gutted them insides out
Cause now every night you stay up thinking of the exact facial expressions made when a soul leaves a man
All you see is trigger fingers
[gulps down liquor] every time you catch a glimpse of your hands
Malt liquor, just a strong combination of petty ass lil boys, you ain't no real man!
You can write a nice lil' song but you ain't no hitman!
Thinking you deserve more recognition, you don't deserve shit, man!
Keep asking for forgiveness, you'll get it as soon as that little girl gets back her dad, no sooner than!
You lil' pretentious bitch! Should've cared about the future when you were tossing bodies into ditches
How the fuck is it fair that niggas like you get to live a life prosperous of bottles and bitches while all the bystanders you wronged settle for 40 oz and stitches?
Shit..

Edited by user 08 August 2015 02:07:10(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 11 users thanked kandii for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 08/08/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 08/08/2015(UTC), Atonic Records on 08/08/2015(UTC), erich hess on 08/08/2015(UTC), freestylechamp on 08/08/2015(UTC), _Python_ on 08/08/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 08/08/2015(UTC), GirlSpice on 08/08/2015(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 09/08/2015(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 09/08/2015(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 10/08/2015(UTC)
Offline _Python_  
#2 Posted : 08 August 2015 03:33:18(UTC)
_Python_

Man
United States

Was thanked: 106 time(s) in 73 post(s)
((OOC: I seen 40 oz and I clicked the shit out of the link. I had thought of Music Maven.)
UserPostedImage
thanks 3 users thanked _Python_ for this useful post.
erich hess on 08/08/2015(UTC), kandii on 08/08/2015(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 09/08/2015(UTC)
Offline Welat65  
#3 Posted : 08 August 2015 23:54:56(UTC)
Welat65

Man
Germany

Was thanked: 2936 time(s) in 783 post(s)
Rani: I'm really feeling this track. I like the production, it's kinda creepy but suits to the lyrics. loving the way you spit these lyrics, it has a nice vibe to it.
Aliya RoseBarbie DollEzra Allan • MOON • NicoleYumiRealTalk.com (Talk Show)

• VENUS •

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked Welat65 for this useful post.
kandii on 09/08/2015(UTC)
Offline freestylechamp  
#4 Posted : 09 August 2015 00:55:41(UTC)
freestylechamp

Man
United States

Was thanked: 6094 time(s) in 2656 post(s)
Kidd: Everyone in music has that moment where it's a signature moment. I remember my moment like it was yesterday with I did a song with Liyah and Parish called here to party. I think this was your Signature moment, it touch on a lot of different things but really made listen and repeat it over and over and over again. The song feels important to you and one of the hard things in rap music is to take a song that is "socially" positive and make it so and have people understand how you feel.

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked freestylechamp for this useful post.
Offline erich hess  
#5 Posted : 09 August 2015 02:28:06(UTC)
erich hess

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 17916 time(s) in 10410 post(s)
erich:im calling false advertising. that clearly is not a 40.hell,it isnt even a 32 ounce. and heineken? fuck that shit! pabst blue ribbon! well,before the god damned hipsters got to it. now i cant even look a cashier in the eye when buying pabst. i always feel i gotta shout "i was drinking this stuff while the rest of these morons were still in short pants. fuck,i was in short pants at the time. in fact,im in hot pants right now. see? my dong is peeking out to say hi.". all that aside,i find the best way to get drugs out of a hotel room is to grab a big sauce pan,and batter it with a spoon. this is the universal mating call for any and all druggies. they will have that room stripped of drugs in 3.5 seconds. also,they may walk off with all the copper wiring in the walls. you got to watch those sneaky bastards. the modern drug user is much like the modern drunkard. they have taken something that was once elegant and refined....and turned it into something akin to a state fair hog fucking.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 2 users thanked erich hess for this useful post.
kandii on 09/08/2015(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 09/08/2015(UTC)
Offline Princess_Valentine  
#6 Posted : 09 August 2015 11:13:41(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 2517 time(s) in 1482 post(s)
Lexi: I pressed play and now I can't think straight. Thanks a lot Drew! Lol I'm kidding. Love the song. You're seriously the best at what you do.
DominicBrown|LeslieNielsen|LexiMarieTaylor|JordanSnow|AllyHansen|AriaKingsley

thanks 1 user thanked Princess_Valentine for this useful post.