logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline JohnnyBBB  
#1 Posted : 07 October 2015 03:32:07(UTC)
JohnnyBBB

Groups: Registered
Man
Greece

Was thanked: 1727 time(s) in 443 post(s)
UserPostedImage
Title: True Love
Released: October 6, 2015
Format: Digital Download
Recorded: 2015
Genre: Pop
Length: 3:33
Label: Just Record Records
Writer(s): Johnny Carter, Beyince Carols
Producer(s): Naughty Boy, Johnny Carter

True Love is a song recorded by American singer Johnny Carter. It was released on October 6, 2015 as the last single from Johnny's debut EP, Deadly Party. Beyince Carols co-wrote and Naughty Boy co-produced "True Love" with Johnny Carter. For the song Johnny used his personal experience as he felt this way a while ago. Upon its release, the song received positive reviews from music critics, who praised the singer's raw vocals and applauded the song for its pop appeal; many of them further hailed it as a highlight of the EP.

Background
On October 5, 2015, Johnny announced that he would release "True Love" as the last single from his debut EP, Deadly Party. The following day, he shared the cover art for the single and asked his fans to post a picture or video on Instagram with their true love using the hashtag #TrueLove. Johnny wrote the song for a person he loved but didn't love him back. He picked the song as the last single from his EP because it's a special song for him and it's written from his heart.

Composition And Lyrics
"True Love" is a contemporary power ballad that features a pop production.
In "True Love", Johnny professes his love to someone with open-hearted emotion and says that he could wait forever. He said, "I wrote this song because I wanted to express my feelings for a person in a special way. Sometimes you're in love with someone and that person doesn't feel the same way about you and you know it but you have hope... You can wait a million years for them to love you and that's what the song is about. You love someone without receiving the love back and that's true love"

Chart Performance
"True Love" debuted at #10 on The Hot Digital Songs Chart, selling 135,000 digital downloads. The following week, the song rose to number #5 after 160,000 download copies were sold. The third week, "True Love" fell to number #7, where it stayed for one more week. On the Top 20 Weekly Airplay Charts, "True Love" debuted at #6; the same week it was the 5th most requested Pop/Dance/Rhythmic track. The second and third week fell to number #8 and #13. "True Love" was certified Gold in November 1, 2015, Platinum in November 29, 2015 and 2x Platinum in January 10, 2016. As of January 17, 2016, it has sold 2,160,000 paid digital downloads.

Lyrics

I wanna kiss you so bad
And show you how I feel
But everything is so complicated
That I can't even speak
I'm constantly thinking of you
And how it'd be to be with you
But then reality kicks in
And my dreams just won't come true

The only thing I want in my life
Is to hold you, kiss you, touch you
To express my love and passion
And to make you feel attraction

I only want to see you smile
Even if I'm not the one you love
I'll just help to build your life
And I'll stare from far apart your world

After many years I'll still have hope for your kiss and love
Maybe later you'll see and realize, what you truly mean to me, my love

Sounds Like:

Edited by user 26 January 2016 03:14:47(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 7 users thanked JohnnyBBB for this useful post.
AmyJayneXoX on 07/10/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 07/10/2015(UTC), Atonic Records on 07/10/2015(UTC), chaotic_princess on 12/10/2015(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 13/10/2015(UTC), erich hess on 13/10/2015(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 19/10/2015(UTC)
Offline Welat65  
#2 Posted : 07 October 2015 04:56:12(UTC)
Welat65

Man
Germany

Was thanked: 2936 time(s) in 783 post(s)
CosmaMendoza: I love this song. The emotions are real, and to be honest, the improvement compared to your previous singles is real. Like, they weren't bad but this one is just a whole new level. Your voice is getting through my skin, like boo you made me tear up lol. This is coming for the top spot. I'm feeling it.
Aliya RoseBarbie DollEzra Allan • MOON • NicoleYumiRealTalk.com (Talk Show)

• VENUS •

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked Welat65 for this useful post.
JohnnyBBB on 07/10/2015(UTC)
Offline freestylechamp  
#3 Posted : 07 October 2015 05:45:31(UTC)
freestylechamp

Man
United States

Was thanked: 6094 time(s) in 2656 post(s)
Kidd: This is one of my favorite song, your voice was strong, the production was on point. You really did your thing on here man, I'm really impressed, now I'm going to hold you to this standard everytime you do a song so you better bring it.

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked freestylechamp for this useful post.
JohnnyBBB on 07/10/2015(UTC)
Offline JohnnyBBB  
#4 Posted : 07 October 2015 06:41:15(UTC)
JohnnyBBB

Man
Greece

Originally Posted by: Welat65 Go to Quoted Post
CosmaMendoza: I love this song. The emotions are real, and to be honest, the improvement compared to your previous singles is real. Like, they weren't bad but this one is just a whole new level. Your voice is getting through my skin, like boo you made me tear up lol. This is coming for the top spot. I'm feeling it.

Johnny: thank you Cosma 😃 Yes, this is one of my favorite and most personal songs. Haha I'm glad it touched you!! Wow I hope so girl 🙏❤️

Originally Posted by: freestylechamp Go to Quoted Post
Kidd: This is one of my favorite song, your voice was strong, the production was on point. You really did your thing on here man, I'm really impressed, now I'm going to hold you to this standard everytime you do a song so you better bring it.

Johnny: Thank you so much Kidd!! I'm really honored and I hope that I can keep up to your expectations. I will work even harder for my next project.
User is suspended until 19/07/2638 13:30:53(UTC) chaotic_princess  
#5 Posted : 12 October 2015 00:18:44(UTC)
chaotic_princess

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 128 time(s) in 52 post(s)

Zinner: Beautiful song Mr. Carter!

thanks 1 user thanked chaotic_princess for this useful post.
JohnnyBBB on 12/10/2015(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#6 Posted : 13 October 2015 02:58:39(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
Aaron: Great song, Johnny! I think this might be my favorite release by you so far even though I like them all :) What I really enjoy is the promotion thing you are doing for the song on social network, very unique and loveable haha. Nice job man!
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
JohnnyBBB on 13/10/2015(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#7 Posted : 13 October 2015 04:02:16(UTC)
erich hess

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 17910 time(s) in 10405 post(s)
Erica: if I loved someone for a million years and they didn't love me back? I'm cutting a bitch. On the face.

Chloe: *quietly* or you'll wait longer until they are single,then make your move.

Erica: huh?

Chloe: mm? Oh nothing. Must have been the wind.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
JohnnyBBB on 13/10/2015(UTC)
Offline JohnnyBBB  
#8 Posted : 13 October 2015 07:08:14(UTC)
JohnnyBBB

Man
Greece

Originally Posted by: chaotic_princess Go to Quoted Post

Zinner: Beautiful song Mr. Carter!

Johnny: Thank you Zinner 😃

Originally Posted by: Famouss7x7 Go to Quoted Post
Aaron: Great song, Johnny! I think this might be my favorite release by you so far even though I like them all :) What I really enjoy is the promotion thing you are doing for the song on social network, very unique and loveable haha. Nice job man!

Johnny: Thank you so much Aaron 😄 I'm glad that you like them all haha. Yeah I'm trying to find different and creative ways to promote my music ☺️

Originally Posted by: erich hess Go to Quoted Post
Erica: if I loved someone for a million years and they didn't love me back? I'm cutting a bitch. On the face.

Chloe: *quietly* or you'll wait longer until they are single,then make your move.

Erica: huh?

Chloe: mm? Oh nothing. Must have been the wind.

Johnny: haha hmm Erica that's actually interested and I didn't think about it.. but I'll have it in mind for the next time 😜

Edited by user 13 October 2015 07:29:50(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified