logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

12 Pages«<23456>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline genocidal king  
#61 Posted : 14 July 2016 10:30:58(UTC)
genocidal king

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
You definitely should go to an event when they're nearby. Have you been to any before? For all its faults, WWE shows are great fun. I've been to one Raw and one Smackdown and they were both ace. I paid off the last instalment on my holiday for Wrestlemania in Orlando next year as well this week so I'm hyped for that. Hoping I can get to Raw the night after Mania as well and the NXT Takeover event that will inevitably be on that week but it'll be a scramble and a half for tickets when they're released.
UserPostedImage
Online erich hess  
#62 Posted : 14 July 2016 10:37:10(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Was thanked: 17919 time(s) in 10412 post(s)
Nope. I've nearly been,but something always comes up: usually something with abbys band or something like that. I can't go without her. They come to Miami rather often,so eventually we'll get there.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#63 Posted : 14 July 2016 10:37:11(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Groups: Registered
Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 3949 time(s) in 1347 post(s)
My boyfriend went to a Raw show once when he was younger, I would love to go see one
UserPostedImage
Offline genocidal king  
#64 Posted : 14 July 2016 19:58:59(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

My thoughts on the first Cruiserweight Classic episode. SPOILERS, if anyone hasn't seen it yet.

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

SPOILERS below

Overall, I love the way they presented this show. I love when WWE realises the power of variety, it's what made NXT so different after all and a success in the end. I was a bit worried since this is at Full Sail, they would just have it like NXT with a different ring apron, but they changed a lot which was cool as hell. The entrance way in the corner and the lack of a ramp gave it a more ROH/indie feel, which I imagine is exactly what they were trying to go for, while the way they talked pre-match, the way they had the refs act pre and post-match and the general presentation of the whole thing was really cool. Had that feeling of "legit competitive sport" around it that most WWE TV doesn't have in this day and age, which is well cool to see. I like it. On to the matches!

Alejandro Saez v Gran Metalik - I generally don't like lucha style wrestling, so I wasn't expecting this to be a great match. Turns out it was far better than I expected it to be. I thought the two had some good back and forth, and the rope walk splash and shooting star press to the outside were both really cool moves. I liked the corkscrew Saez went for as well. Kinda expected him to win since he was so hyped up and they kept going on about him dropping down to hit the weight limit, but Metalik was cool, and he looked like he will bring a lot to the table in this competition. Also that's as close as you're getting to a planting piledriver on WWE TV ever again, and that's always a good thing.

HoHo Lun v Ariya Daivari - Holy christ, what the fuck was this mess? Daivari looked strong and accomplished, and put across some really good offense that made him look dominant...and he lost. Lun looked like he had started wrestling about 20 minutes before the CWC kicked off...and he won through to the next round? His selling was terrible, he had no charisma or ring presence and his style was just so bizarre. Shaking everything off to win with a transitional, pretty weak looking German suplex was wank as well. Midway through the match I was wondering how this kid even got on the roster for this event, and then he goes on to win? Garbage. Hopefully Noam wins and armbars him to death in round two.

Clement Petiot v Cedric Alexander - This was better again, but two matches in a row where they went with the heel/face dynamic that you really really don't need in tournament wrestling. However, that's WWE for you, and this match worked well in spite of it. I liked the early work from Cedric and the way Petiot cut it off with some aggressive shit in the middle of the match. They looked like they knew each other quite well, and the work they were both doing was pretty solid. That lumbar check finisher looks pretty ace as well, and Alexander could turn out to be pretty good in the tournament if he gets the right opponents.

Kota Ibushi v Sean Maluta - Yes! This was properly good. Did not expect Maluta to be this good, even with a guy like Ibushi to guide him through the match, but he stepped up and went toe to toe with Kota, which was great to see. When he landed that superkick near the end....the impact...I actually thought he was going to win off that, which was great. There was no way Ibushi was ever losing, but that superkick hit so hard I genuinely thought for a second he might. Other than that, the back and forth was great, and I loved how they made Ibushi look super strong without it being a squash at this early stage. The two of them looked great, that springboard moonsault to the outside was fantastic, and the pele kick that came before it looked brutal. Maluta ate all of that. Ibushi hitting the most impactful powerbomb in many a year was also ace. Easily match of the night, and a very very strong first round encounter overall. Ibushi is surely winning this tournament. He is so much more polished and accomplished than everyone else in this tournament so far.

Overall, I enjoyed the show. Two solid matches, one ace match and one utter, utter garbage mess of a match, but as a whole it was a good show. I'd like to see these matches get more time, but I guess we'll see more of that as the tournament progresses and there are fewer guys left in.

Edited by user 14 July 2016 20:00:43(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked genocidal king for this useful post.
erich hess on 14/07/2016(UTC)
Online erich hess  
#65 Posted : 14 July 2016 23:53:49(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Really dig your breakdown of the show.

I agree on all counts....except I like the lucha style.
I really expected them to even use the the nxt mat. They really went all in for this thing,which is really what they needed to do. They even looked to use different lighting.which I liked as well. They have a great announcing team that just calls the Match and informs us of the wrestlers backgrounds and whatnot. I love...raldo? Raulo? Whatwvr his name is . he really makes things feel like a legit sport. And how could you not like Daniel Bryan?
The pre and post match things were great. I haven't seen a foreign objects check in years!

I had a feeling hoho was going to in,even though I think Daivari out did him all around. The wwe just signed some thing for Chinese distribution,there was no way the first Chinese competitor was losing...(in spite of being from Hong Kong.)

Ibushi and Maluta was great.they both looked like a million bucks out there.

Nakamura and balor was great. Some of those hits sounded like they HURT. I do like how that match was the show. It was great,not that anyone doubted it would be,but still not as good as nakumara and Sami zayne. That was the best matc I've seen in ages.

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
genocidal king on 15/07/2016(UTC)
Offline freestylechamp  
#66 Posted : 15 July 2016 01:32:12(UTC)
freestylechamp

Man
United States

Was thanked: 6094 time(s) in 2656 post(s)
That was a great breakdown for real cause I don't plan to pay to see it, I'm too enlvoved in lucha underground, which I think is what I would want to see more in wrestling, women fighting men cause sexy star is killing it.

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Online erich hess  
#67 Posted : 20 July 2016 23:05:49(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Eva Marie is still employed as a wrestler? I assumed she was total divas exclusive. And really? Alexa bliss and carmella?! Alexa seems barely more competent than Dana Brooke. (Though very easy on the eyes. Rowrz)....and carmella? Carmella also not on the same show as enzo and Cass? The Fuck out of here with this nonsense.

So pretty much Finn and American alpha were the only worth while folks from nxt. Mojo,I like you buddy as a hype bro,but that's going to be an albatross around zacks neck If they make that a thing on the main roster.

I'm ok with nia jaxx. She seemed to have gotten a lot better recently and there wasn't much else for her to do at nxt.

Still? There was a perfectly fine Austin Aires to call up.some chick called bayley too,she seems to have a minor following in nxt.

Also,my daughter is pissed Braun left the Wyatt family. I'm sure she's the only one who cares. Also? If thAt remainder of the draft was any indication? Maybe there are reasons for scripted promos. Kalisto? Jeez. I think the guy gets nervous when a Mic is around. Cesaro though? That was golden!
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline freestylechamp  
#68 Posted : 20 July 2016 23:27:54(UTC)
freestylechamp

Man
United States

I didn't like the draft. only because of this one guy who booked it better than wwe because he is a smart ass. *ding*

The roman reigns and Seth Rollins together means Dean Ambrose gets his shine and I like that. would have like Raw to just have divas and smackdown get counterweights cause I think that is going to happen. to pick Big Show? Big Show? why just why let him be a free agent. Bray Wyatt get his time to be a main eventer make it happen WWE put a championship on Bray Wyatt Do it. DO IT!!!!! I thought Alicia Fox left but I glad to see she is back, Raw is three hours long putting women division strictly on Raw it would be more time for women to actually do a story line. WHY DIDN'T THEY PICK BAYLEY!!! GRRR!!!

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked freestylechamp for this useful post.
erich hess on 20/07/2016(UTC)
Online erich hess  
#69 Posted : 20 July 2016 23:53:04(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

True and Mick Foley is a big supporter of women wrestling. It would have made sense. But I do like that Becky is away from sasha. I love sasha,but Becky would never be out of her shadow. Becky is amazing and needs her time in the Sun.I like Alicia and hopefully she will be more than a stand in for a Bella twin.

Brock also shouldn't have been drafted. He does what? 5 matches a year? Fucking useless.

Oh Adam,that lovable scamp. I dig king Ross over at their channel.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline genocidal king  
#70 Posted : 21 July 2016 06:10:35(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

As much as Blampied is a smarmy shit, I do feel like I'd rather have him and everyone at WC booking WWE right now than actual WWE. That draft was a pile of complete and utter dry wank. Not even any pay off. The lack of anyone's reaction to being drafted made it feel boring, the rushed nature of it made it seem just like a panic, and some of the picks make no sense, both kayfabe and shoot. Who the hell is picking Big Show before Kevin Owens? And what the hell is the point of announcing a cruiserweight show on one brand and sticking Kalisto on the other one? Bizarre. Other things also annoyed me. But I'm too warm to keep typing. Britain is shit when it remembers summer exists every few years.

Still, we get to watch some mega talented tiny folk throw themselves around a university gym hall with scant regard for their own well being later on the Network, so it ain't all bad.
UserPostedImage
Offline genocidal king  
#71 Posted : 21 July 2016 06:23:36(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

P.S. I found out this morning that Cesaro blocked me on Twitter. No idea when or why but I must have said something some time ago that really got to him haha.
UserPostedImage
erich hess on 21/07/2016(UTC)
Offline freestylechamp  
#72 Posted : 21 July 2016 06:28:25(UTC)
freestylechamp

Man
United States

Really? I'm too afarid to follow Sasha Banks on twitter or instagram I just glance at it every now and then when I have the chance.

P.S. just check it Good Lawdy Sasha don't hurt em.

Edited by user 21 July 2016 06:41:23(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Online erich hess  
#73 Posted : 21 July 2016 06:33:05(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

I'd expect that sort of thing from Kevin Owens.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Online erich hess  
#74 Posted : 26 July 2016 00:02:45(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

That battleground match between Sami zayn and Kevin Owens. Fantastic. That moment between the two helluva kicks..
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline genocidal king  
#75 Posted : 26 July 2016 08:29:26(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

What a match. The ending was perfect as well. Sami realising that he has to hit Owens with everything to keep him down for 3. Perfect. Everything about it was ace, aside from the terrifying botch on that asai moonsault. I was sure he had given himself a sore one there.
UserPostedImage
erich hess on 26/07/2016(UTC)
Offline genocidal king  
#76 Posted : 26 July 2016 10:19:46(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

"The WWE Universal Championship...."

Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh

No, Mick. No.
UserPostedImage
freestylechamp on 26/07/2016(UTC)
Offline freestylechamp  
#77 Posted : 26 July 2016 12:11:20(UTC)
freestylechamp

Man
United States

We knew the flag show wasn't going to be without a title but come on you know everyone in the department was wondering why they could just say world heavyweight title. Hell you could have called it the TV title if you just picking name out of a hat Mick.

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Online erich hess  
#78 Posted : 26 July 2016 12:15:03(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

That name is horrible.

We just got a holy Shit chant for a women's match....
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Online erich hess  
#79 Posted : 26 July 2016 13:14:37(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

I gotta say....raw upped its game. I really liked having Corey graves there and the post match interviews. Squash matches to build nia jaxx and Braun, NOT having Finn lose to Roman. (Though I'd been almost ok with this,if the club came out and beat on Roman. )

The New intro song and logo are nice too. As is having the announcers table off screen.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline genocidal king  
#80 Posted : 26 July 2016 19:07:29(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

WWE proving that they knew all along what makes a great wrestling show. That was ace. Sasha and Finn winning was amazing. And that Rollins/Balor Summerslam main event...at last, it finally feels like a new era.
UserPostedImage