logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Gildermershina  
#41 Posted : 12 June 2009 06:40:27(UTC)
Gildermershina

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 76 post(s)
forkboy wrote:
Gildermershina wrote:
old.gregg wrote:
I only eat white meat and fish. For a pretty simple reason - I don't like red meat. The taste, the texture, doesn't attract me in any way.

I quite like some of the meat substitutes you can get, too, a lot of them taste really nice.

A veggie burger is okay, but man, I just want to taste meat in my mouth.

HOMO

HOMO ERECTUS
UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#42 Posted : 12 June 2009 07:25:42(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)
Gildermershina wrote:
forkboy wrote:
Gildermershina wrote:
old.gregg wrote:
I only eat white meat and fish. For a pretty simple reason - I don't like red meat. The taste, the texture, doesn't attract me in any way.

I quite like some of the meat substitutes you can get, too, a lot of them taste really nice.

HOMO

HOMO ERECTUS

Gosh you all remind me of World History class, you know that lesson you get at the beginning of the year, you know when they explain all those Homo words. Homo Sapien, Homo Erectus, Homo homo, homo. All I remember is something about being a human and being smart.
Offline xNightsidex  
#43 Posted : 12 June 2009 07:47:07(UTC)
xNightsidex

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 20 post(s)
Gildermershina wrote:
xNightsidex wrote:
I personally am a Pescatarian purely for dietary and personal health preference issues. Red meat is proven to be very bad for the body, whereas white meat such as fish has been tested as beneficial in adequate amounts.

Plus I don't really like the taste of red anyway. Nice and simple.

Red meat had also been proven to be very good for the body. Depends what criteria you're using.

Mainly with digestion and metabolism. I'd find the correct sources but in honesty I'm shoddy and lazy, but if I recall it takes far far longer for red meat to break down and digest and consequently it has an effect on the metabolism causing it to slow down.
Offline Gildermershina  
#44 Posted : 12 June 2009 08:25:32(UTC)
Gildermershina

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 76 post(s)
xNightsidex wrote:
Gildermershina wrote:
xNightsidex wrote:
I personally am a Pescatarian purely for dietary and personal health preference issues. Red meat is proven to be very bad for the body, whereas white meat such as fish has been tested as beneficial in adequate amounts.

Red meat had also been proven to be very good for the body. Depends what criteria you're using.

Mainly with digestion and metabolism. I'd find the correct sources but in honesty I'm shoddy and lazy, but if I recall it takes far far longer for red meat to break down and digest and consequently it has an effect on the metabolism causing it to slow down.

Yes, but they have lots of fat, protein, iron and such, which are extremely important, so like I say, depends on what you're asking about. Lettuce for example is considered good for you, but if you ate only lettuce for a month, I'm pretty sure you'd end up quite sick.
UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage
#45 Posted : 12 June 2009 08:30:06(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

I love all of you pervs.
Offline forkboy  
#46 Posted : 12 June 2009 08:34:26(UTC)
forkboy

Was thanked: 107 time(s) in 82 post(s)
stephaniewazhere wrote:
Gildermershina wrote:
forkboy wrote:
Gildermershina wrote:
old.gregg wrote:

HOMO

HOMO ERECTUS

Gosh you all remind me of World History class, you know that lesson you get at the beginning of the year, you know when they explain all those Homo words. Homo Sapien, Homo Erectus, Homo homo, homo. All I remember is something about being a human and being smart.

We are Homo Sapiens Sapiens. Homo Erectus is a direct ancestor. Homo Neanderthalensis were basically distant cousins we seem to have killed off about 30,000 years ago, which is odd because scientists reckon they had a bigger brain than us, and were stronger than us. So perhaps we just got lucky. They left Africa way before our own species did.

Of course, the above requires belief in evolution.
#47 Posted : 12 June 2009 08:39:58(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

forkboy wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:
Gildermershina wrote:
forkboy wrote:
Gildermershina wrote:
old.gregg wrote:

HOMO

HOMO ERECTUS

We are Homo Sapiens Sapiens. Homo Erectus is a direct ancestor. Homo Neanderthalensis were basically distant cousins we seem to have killed off about 30,000 years ago, which is odd because scientists reckon they had a bigger brain than us, and were stronger than us. So perhaps we just got lucky. They left Africa way before our own species did.

Of course, the above requires belief in evolution.

Sounds like a good thread on the debate section.
Offline xNightsidex  
#48 Posted : 12 June 2009 09:17:05(UTC)
xNightsidex

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 20 post(s)
Gildermershina wrote:
xNightsidex wrote:
Gildermershina wrote:
xNightsidex wrote:

Yes, but they have lots of fat, protein, iron and such, which are extremely important, so like I say, depends on what you're asking about. Lettuce for example is considered good for you, but if you ate only lettuce for a month, I'm pretty sure you'd end up quite sick.

Well yes, very very true, but so long as the supplement is coming in elsewhere in the diet of those nutrients cutting out red meat results in, of course you should be fine. Vegetarians would obviously lose a lot of those by logic, but then there's manufactured and natural food both existing for the replacement of it.