logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Famouss7x7  
#1 Posted : 23 June 2017 11:13:15(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)

UserPostedImage

Artist: Martin Skye
Song: "I Wanna Be Famous"
Songwriters: Martin Skye, Cara Zayn, Ora Robinson,
Shaun Davis
Genre: Pop, Teen Pop, Pop-Rock
Producers: Cara Zayn
Release Date: June 23rd, 2017
EP: Skye's The Limit
Label: Cardinal Records

"I Wanna Be Famous" is the debut single release by recording artist Martin Skye released on June 23rd, 2017 through Martin's official record label, Cardinal Records. The record was written by Martin Skye, Cara Zayn, Ora Robinson and Shaun Davis with production from none other than Cara Zayn. This single comes after Martin Skye entered the industry last year as the fresh faced dreamy modeling star that first got his big break after being signed to Wynter Model Management. He then signed a record deal with record label Cardinal Records after being approached by the label and embarking on an impromptu tour with pop singer, Joshua Grimmie that ran through the month of April 2017.

To the surprise of Martin Skye, labels were actually scouting the teenage model even before hand. Before signing his first deal, Martin was approached by FREEDOM's Nevaeh Martinez, Permanent Reminder's Candice Cortez and Cardinal Record's Benjamin Lancaster. After surveying each contract with Martin's management, Martin ultimately signed with Cardinal Records. The label was essentially new and would offer many opportunities for the budding star, especially as the youngest male soloist on the roster. News of Martin's signing came soon after he signed the contract and was announced via the Cardinal Records official website: "We're delighted to confirm the signing of 'Martin Skye' to Cardinal Records, making this the very first Cardinal Records signing of the new year and hopefully the first of many as we look to continue our growth within the music industry and bring you all some of the most promising young artists and musicians of the industry. The potential of 'Martin Skye' is huge and with a high profile modelling contract to his name, it seems like this multi-talent young man will become one of the big stars in the entertainment industry for many years to come. We're extremely excited to work closely with him on his musical endeavors and support him fully in other aspects of his career."

Martin definitely didn't waste any time and entered the studio to prepare his upcoming debut EP "Skye's The Limit", which will be his first official body of work. Martin has been working on this EP since January of this year and has recently wrapped up the finalization of the EP and hopes to to get the the EP out before summers end. As for his debut single, Martin had written the song with Cara Zayn before even signing his first contract. Martin's management hooked him up with the highly sought after songwriter and they had quite a few writing sessions to come up with this very single. They also sat together to listen to specific song productions that would fit the song perfectly.

"I Wanna Be Famous" is a record in which the title suggests. Martin sings about wanting be be famous and having his name in the bright lights. His days of being a boy in the small town of Pennsylvania, being told what to do and being bullied in school are long behind him as he strives for fame and having his name in the bright lights. Throughout the song he also sings about being told to strive when he was younger, but not too much when he got older, being chained down but wanting to break free and yearning for his name to the topic of conversation. In many ways as this song speaks about wanting to be "famous" it's also in a sense, a coming of age song in some aspects as well.

Production wise, "I Wanna Be Famous" is a smooth concoction of pop rock, mixed with doo-wop, with a slice of groovy dance-pop. On paper, the song sounds as if it's just a mashup, but the production values are so perfectly placed, that the record makes perfect sense. The doo-wop styled opening seems to be stationed throughout the record as Martin offers smooth harmonies, gutsy grunts and a pop record that flourishes with tropical brass and all and all, a very groovy track. Vocally, Martin impresses with a smooth and confident vocal performance on "I Wanna Be Famous", especially during the verses where he sings, sounding focused and quite brash. During the chorus, he picks his vocals up, getting into a higher register and even shows off his belting abilites when he sings "come on" before the song breaks into a groovy instrumental. All in all, Martin Skye makes an impactful start to his music career, showing that he's more than just a pretty face, but a talented vocalist as he makes his very first musical entrance with his debut single. In an industry with Austin Nimmo, Kato, Johnny Carter, Joshua Grimmie, Lincoln, and Alec Cole among the top pop boys finding success on the charts, it will be interesting to see if Martin Skye can find placement and become "famous" like his yearns to be. "I Wanna Be Famous" hits Itunes on June 23rd, 2017.

"I Wanna Be Famous"

Dum Dum de-dum dum dum de-dum dum

“When I was younger they said reach for the stars
Now that I'm older they say don't go too far
They've tried to chain me and they've tried to tie me down
But I've known forever
I'm not cut out for this second rate town

So give me the stars
And give me the sights
Give me the glory
And those neon lights
So give me the stars
And give me the sights
Give me the glory
And those neon lights

Because I wanna be famous
I wanna be the best
Coast to coastin'
JFK to LAX
I wanna be famous
I Wanna be the very best
Coast to coastin'
From the east to the west

That's all that I want
C'mon, C'mon
That's all that I want
C'mon, C'mon

Hollywood is calling my name
And this small town boy won't ever be the same
Destined for greatness
I always knew this
I always knew this

A star in the making
Welcome to the sweet life
It's bliss

Put my name on the posters
And spreads in the magazines
Someday you'll find me on billboards
Because I believe in my dreams

I wanna be the best
Coast to coastin'
JFK to LAX
I wanna be famous
I Wanna be the very best
Coast to coastin'

That's all that I want
C'mon, C'mon
That's all that I want
C'mon, C'mon

Famous, famous
That's all that, that's all that I want
Famous, famous
Famous, famous

So give me the stars
And give me the sights
Give me the glory
And those neon lights
Put my name on the posters
And spreads in the magazines
Someday you'll find me on billboards
Because I believe in my dreams

I wanna be the best
Coast to coastin'
JFK to LAX
I wanna be famous
I Wanna be the very best
Coast to coastin'

That's all that I want
C'mon, C'mon
That's all that I want
C'mon, C'mon

Song sounds like:

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 7 users thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 23/06/2017(UTC), erich hess on 23/06/2017(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 23/06/2017(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 23/06/2017(UTC), Welat65 on 24/06/2017(UTC), kandii on 25/06/2017(UTC), mebeme101 on 26/07/2017(UTC)
Offline Welat65  
#2 Posted : 24 June 2017 03:07:34(UTC)
Welat65

Man
Germany

Was thanked: 2936 time(s) in 783 post(s)
Len: I'm so happy that you got to release music!! I'm so excited for you, your song is so cool! I will be releasing music too now, let's cheer for eachother, okay? I can already tell that you are going to be really successful!
Aliya RoseBarbie DollEzra Allan • MOON • NicoleYumiRealTalk.com (Talk Show)

• VENUS •

UserPostedImage
Offline Famouss7x7  
#3 Posted : 24 June 2017 12:34:43(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Welat65 Go to Quoted Post
Len: I'm so happy that you got to release music!! I'm so excited for you, your song is so cool! I will be releasing music too now, let's cheer for eachother, okay? I can already tell that you are going to be really successful!

Martin: Thank you, Thank you, thank you!! I'm so excited and nervous and just filled with so much happiness that it's finally out. Yes I will cheer for you of course! Good luck :))
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

Online BrownSugar  
#4 Posted : 02 July 2017 02:58:37(UTC)
BrownSugar

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19114 time(s) in 7586 post(s)
Lincoln: Hi Martin!! This song is real fun and I like all the brass sounds in it. It sounds like an old song but it isn't because it is out in 2017. Do you really want to be famous? I feel like you will be after this song hehe.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID