logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Princess_Valentine2.0  
#1 Posted : 04 July 2017 14:05:57(UTC)
Princess_Valentine2.0

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 241 time(s) in 59 post(s)
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Hi, welcome to my official website where you can stay up to date on all my music related news! I'll start bye mentioning some things about myself and what inspires me to continue to chase my dreams. I'm 19 years old and I was born in Honolulu, Hawaii but raised in Phoenix, Arizona. I was born on June 30, 1998 to my loving parents, Malcolm Taylor and Johanna Taylor. My father was an archaeologist and my mom is a veterinarian. I also have a little brother, Nolan Taylor, who was 16 years old before he tragically passed away. I currently live in Los Angeles, California with my son. Since my dad was an archaeologist, we had to move around a lot when I was younger and so my parents sent me to live with my nana in LA to have better educational opportunities. I didn't get to see my parents and little brother all that much but was thankful for them letting me move to LA to pursue my music career.

Living in LA for the past three years has changed my life so much and has really helped me to figure out the kind of person I want to be in life. I've traveled to many places and all have been so wonderful and inspirational to me. With all of the beautiful people that I've met, I realized that I wanted to be someone that makes people laugh and inspires others.

I think some people might think that I'm crazy for giving up a life of traveling to settle down into one place but I feel as though I made the right decision. I have the rest of my life to continue traveling and one could argue that you have the rest of your life to figure out who you are but I rather know now. Each day I get a little closer to solving the puzzle and that makes me happy. When I first started here in LA, I was really scared and shy because I didn't know anyone except my nana. Going to a new school in the middle of the year was terrifying. I'm surprised that I survived it all but I did and I feel so much stronger. If I could get through something as hard as that, I know that I can do anything. Which is why I constantly encourage people to be themselves and to chase their dreams. Never let anyone stop you from achieving your dreams. It's the best gift you can give yourself.

In the upcoming months, as I continue to chase my dream by doing what I love, I'll be posting blogs whenever I can about music, fashion, boys, and pop culture. From time to time, I'll also be posting up random pictures and blogs doing some of my favorite things like shopping, dancing, singing, hanging with friends and family, etc, just to show you a little more of what I'm all about. Soon I hope to tell you all about my upcoming projects that I have coming up this year. I hope you'll all love it but in the meantime lets live life and have fun!

All I want is to help inspire others and even if it's just a few people, I'll be satisfied with that. I've had people trying to bring me down my whole life but now I'm fighting back. You can do the same with confidence and respect for yourself. If you don't love yourself, no one will. Life is beautiful and for the taking. Live it to the fullest! Be all you can be!

As someone great once said, When life gives you lemons, make lemonade!

xoxo,

Lexi

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage UserPostedImage UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage UserPostedImage UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Inquiries

Serious inquiries for booking, press, or business can be submitted via email at [email protected]. Anything that is not business related sent via email will be disregarded.

Want to Send Something to Lexi?

Please send all fan mail to the address below!

6230-A Wilshire Blvd.
Los Angeles, California 90048
Box #1738

Edited by user 31 July 2017 08:50:03(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

DominicBrown|BrielleNielsen|LeslieNielsen|LexiMarieTaylor|J.A.S.M.Y.N|JordanSnow|DerekRamirez|AllyHansen|EthanKnight|AriaKingsley

UserPostedImage
thanks 5 users thanked Princess_Valentine2.0 for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 04/07/2017(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 04/07/2017(UTC), erich hess on 04/07/2017(UTC), Welat65 on 04/07/2017(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 05/07/2017(UTC)
#2 Posted : 04 July 2017 14:07:48(UTC)
Princess_Valentine2.0

UserPostedImage

INTERVIEW: Lexi Marie Taylor Talks Music, Relationships, Fiancé and Son

Caroline Fleming
July 4, 2017

UserPostedImage

Making her appearance onto the music scene over a year ago, Lexi Marie Taylor has made quite a name for herself. She first started out as a music blogger reviewing popular songs via her official website. Lexi, however, was inspired to become an artist herself and managed to do so with the help of her industry connections.

Now, at the age of 19, she's living out her dreams while doing what she loves. The pop singer stole hearts with her debut single, 'Lost In You,' landing her very first number one single. She followed up with releasing her debut E.P, 'XO.' Lexi stopped by iHeartRadio HQ to tell us all about her new E.P, relationships, and life with her son in an exclusive interview.

Lexi Marie Taylor on the release of her debut E.P, 'XO'

"I really loved working on 'XO,' mostly because I poured my heart into each song. All the songs are very personal to me and relate to my life one way or another. I'm always writing songs about my relationships at the time because it's just therapeutic for me especially if things end badly. My debut song, 'Lost In You,' is about an ex of mine who I was with at the time. He's now married to one of my best friends. I'm happy for them and there's no ill feelings about it either. He's with who he's supposed to be with and I'm glad that everything worked out. At the time, I thought we were meant to be together but it didn't end up and that way. I was still fixated on Elyar during one of our many break ups and I only wanted to be with him. I always feel bad over what happened because he was another guy that got caught up in my crazy relationship with Elyar. Fortunately, this guy and I are still good friends and things worked out for the best. I don't really enjoy singing this song as much anymore but when I do it's more for my fiance now.

I didn't write 'Move On,' my friend Carmen V did. It's one of two songs on the E.P that I didn't write. I was able to buy the song from her and I was glad about that. The song really spoke to me because it was during the time where Elyar and I broke up for the last and final time. The song pretty much sums up how I felt then and how I still feel now till this day.

'Dum Dada' happens to be a cover from one of my favorite artists who I love a lot. I love the song so much that I decided that I wanted to record it, but also put a new spin on it and make it my own. I feel as though everything turned out well, and it was great working with YoungHood. I love his music so it was pretty much a no-brainer to have him feature on the song. I really love his verse, and I'm just excited about the song in general. My fans have shown and expressed how much they love it, so it's a win win for me. Being 18 at the time, I just wanted to mix things up and do something a little different. The subject matter is a little more sexier than what I'm usually doing it but it was a taste of what my music will be a little more like now. I'm growing up and I feel as though that I'm old enough to talk about sex in my songs. Originally the song was done with Elyar in mind of course but I don't think about him when I sing it. It's dedicated to Beau now since my feelings have changed and I don't feel that way towards Elyar anymore.

'You Got Me,' is about Beau of course which is obvious in the lyrics. I added this song on last minute because I didn't want the E.P to be all about Elyar when we're no longer together anymore. I wanted a song that would be for Beau so that he and all the world could see how much he means to me. The song pretty much is just about how misunderstood he is and all the bad things people say about him. So I'm just really trying to say how much I love him and how I don't care what people say about him. I know who he is as a person and how he treats me. To me that's the most important thing because everyone always has something to say about celebrity relationships but at the end of the day it's about me and him."

UserPostedImage

Lexi's upcoming music plans

"I'm forever working. As of now I'm back in the studio recording new music. I plan on releasing a couple more E.Ps. Things are still being worked out but I want to split them into chapter one and chapter two. Possibly somewhere between three to five songs on each one. Again the subjects of the songs will be similar to the ones on my current E.P. I just have a lot of emotions that I'm feeling right now and I just need to get them out. So I feel like that's a great thing because my fan will be getting some really great songs from me.

I also plan on touring in support of my debut extended play. There's nothing quite like it and I miss it so much. I absolutely loved touring with Kato and The Exhale. It was pretty amazing, and I've never felt more alive. It's just crazy though because I always miss my son when I go. So I'm trying not to stay away from him too much because I don't want to miss a single second if I can help it. He always cries when I leave him, and it's the saddest part of having to leave. I don't think it'll ever get any easier."

Dream collaborations

"I have a list of people who I've like to work with and some of those are happening now. I can't say all of them as I like to keep surprises but I'll say a few. Not many people know, since I don't flash every single one of my friends off like others, but Johnny and I are best friends. I've known him for years and he's a wonderful friend to me. He's one of the ones that I go to talk about everything with. He's a great listener and always has the best advice. I love him so much and so of course he's one of the ones that I want to work with. I can say for sure that this will definitely happen as we already spoke about it and he wants to do it too. Hopefully it'll happen with my next E.P. Anaísz is also one of my best friends. I love her to death and I'm a big fan of her music. I'm hoping that we can get together soon and get on a song together. We've already been talking about it but it's all just a matter of timing. I would also like to work with Alec Cole. When I moved out to LA, he and I went to the same school before I started homeschooling. Back when I first started out we planned on collaborating together but it never happened. I hope to change that soon if he's cool with it. There's a lot of people I want to work with but I can't reveal them all at this time."

Feelings on record labels

"I actually was approached by a record label before I released my debut single. They wanted to sign me but I decided not to sign with the label though as I wasn't sure that I trusted them. I've seen firsthand how some artists get screwed over by record labels. I didn't want to experience the same. For a moment I was close to changing my mind, but things changed when Elyar was informed by Billy that he would be kicked off his record label due to supposedly budget cuts. Fortunately Riley stepped in and that didn't happen but I was still pissed about the situation. Since then, that one incident completely ruined my faith in records labels. So before I refused to sign with anyone and I wanted to take the independent route. It worked out well for me with landing my first number with no label and I was extremely happy. I didn't have to worry about guys at the top of the label chain telling me what to do and how to do it. I had creative freedom, and could work at my own pace. It was the right fit at the time since I had my son that I wanted to give my unconditional love and attention to and make my top priority. These days my attitude of labels has changed and I decided to give it a try. I signed with Cardinal Records last year and I've been really happy with them. I think that the fact that they are a smaller label that they can really focus on the acts. It's been a perfect fit so far and I really hope that things manage to stay that way."

UserPostedImage

Being in a relationship in the public's eye

"It's challenging at times but I'm used to it now. My first public relationship was with Elyar and we were together since before I was ever considering making music and breaking out into the music industry. During that time, I always had to deal with it because of how famous he was and I was just a regular girl at the time. It was hard at first because I was still in public school when we first started dating. There would always be girls at my school or out in public that were fans of his. I constantly had to deal with being hassled and despised for dating him. There was no in between. Eventually things became worse, and so my family and I decided that I would finish out the remainder of my high school years being home schooled. I was able to graduate last year in May, and since then I've been able to focus on my music career more. These days I'm no longer with Elyar but I do still have a public relationship with my now fiance. Since I've experienced it before I know how to handle things better than before. We keep things private and only share when we're ready to.

Lexi's advice on dating for the first time

"I'm no expert on dating at all as I've only ever dated four guys in my lifetime. I would have to say though that entering into your very first relationship is both nerve racking, and exciting all at the same time. I never had a boyfriend until I met Elyar. It was exciting receiving attention from him, especially since he was much older than me. It made me feel special because I knew that he could have any girl he wanted but he chose me. That very ideal also made it nerve racking too because I was young and inexperienced when it came to relationships. He knew so much more than me, but he was patient with me. I fell quite hard for him, and it's been a roller coaster ride throughout it all.

So for someone dating for the first time, the best advice I can give is just to be yourself and trust your instincts. Not everyone's first time dating is a success but you shouldn't let it discourage you. Sometimes it takes a while to find the right one, and even if you have to go through the not so great guys, it'll be worth it in the end. You'll learn so much from it, and by the time you find the right one you'll be stronger because of it. The way I see it is, sometimes you have to date a few frogs before you find your prince charming."

Dealing with breakups

"Going through a break up can be very hard rather it's the first or fifth time. It never gets any easier and its probably one of the most difficult things you have to go through in life. I've experienced a few break ups and each one was quite painful. What helped me get through it was the support from my friends and music. The most important thing is just surrounding yourself with people that'll help you get through it. I personally just cope with it by going through different staged. The first one I just cry it out and let it all out. After that I use music to help me cope. I'm always able to write new music about what I'm going through and it helps me deal. I also have a girls night with my friends and we just do fun things like dancing and just talking with each other. Their support always helps me feel better about things. You really just have to find what works for you and eventually it gets better."

UserPostedImage

Life without her first love

"When we broke up for that last time, it hurt like hell. I remember trying to make him stay but he kept telling me that he thought we should break up. I was really sad for a while but then I met Beau. He really gave me hope that there was someone better out there for me. Around this time, Elyar and I were just struggling to try and be civil with one another for our son's sake. He would tell me that he made a mistake and that he wanted us to be together again. I kept telling him that it was too late and I asked you to stay but you didn't want to. Over time it became worse because I didn't like the things he was saying about Beau and I knew that we couldn't talk anymore. I feel like deep down people still have love for their first loves but I don't feel anything for him anymore. There's no love there. If you would have asked me this maybe a week ago when things were different then I would have.

He's just really shown his true colors and that's not the guy that I fell in love with when I was 16. He's a stranger to me now and it's sad. I get so fed up with him now because this used to be the same guy that said that he would never hurt or disrespect me. Clearly those were all lies and I've learned that the hard way. I can never forgive someone who calls me horrible things and someone who spreads horrible lies about me and my boyfriend. I know I've made horrible mistakes and I've never claimed to be perfect. I've never disowned those things but I've done that privately. I feel betrayed that he would tell our personal business to the world out of spite and to impress the girl he's with now. It's disgusting to me and I'm never going to forget that. When he gets hurt by this girl like I know he will I'm not hearing none of it. We can never be friends or acquaintances again. I'm past it all now and I want nothing to do with him. Honestly this interview will be the last time that I speak about him. I've moved on with my life and I'm trying to start a new one with my fiance."

Lexi's life as a teen mom

"To think that my son is already 16 months now is unbelievable. He's growing up so fast, and I often wish things would slow down. I want to cherish every single moment with him. I love having him in my life, and he's been the only thing that ever came out of the relationship. When I first found out that I was pregnant, I was freaking out. I was only 16 at the time, and I just knew that this would be the end of everything. I thought that my parents were going to disown me, and that was my biggest fear. At the time, Elyar was really supportive though, and he was there for me every step of the way. Luckily enough, everything turned out better than I imagined it would with my parents. Of course they were mad, especially my dad, but they eventually came around. They both love their grandson so much. I'm glad that I had their support, especially my mom because she was a great helped to me. She's done it all before and I needed her help and advice. Without it I'm not sure how things would have came to be. I consider myself lucky with all the support I had."

UserPostedImage

Being a mom and working on her music career

"A little before Nicolai was born I made up my mind that I wanted to become a singer. When I found out that I was pregnant though, it changed everything and I had to put my dreams on hold. When my son was born, I decided that I wanted to go after my dreams. It was the perfect time since at the time Elyar was on a break from music. I had his help and my parents when it came to watching Nicolai. Of course I tried not to be away from him too much because I found it unbearable to be away from him too long. When I was on tour with Kato it was a big struggle for me, because it hurt so bad being away from him. It affected Nicolai too because he knew that I was gone and it made him cry a lot. Luckily, the sweet Elyar that I knew back then before he became heartless, brought him out to see me a lot. It made things a whole lot easier for me. It becomes hard at times when I have to choose between staying home with my son or working on my music. I'm dealing with it as best as I can, but I sort of can't wait until he gets older and I can take him with me.

For now, I try to keep things short and stay at home with him as much as possible. However, since Elyar and I no longer are a family things have gotten worse because I used to see him everyday and now he has to go between two different homes. I can see that its affected him already and even though he's so young, he's smart and he can see what happening. It makes me sad because I grew up with my parents being divorced and I never wanted that for my own kids that I would have someday. Unfortunately it's something that I can't help because his dad and I aren't together and never will be. I hope that someday when he's older that he will understand the situation and not have ill feelings towards us."

Lexi's recent engagement and future wedding plans

"Our engagement is still so fresh that I'm still in shock that it happened. It was exciting and romantic when he proposed to me though. He's such a sweetheart and I'm lucky to have found someone like him. I become really excited when I think about it or even talk about it with anyone. I'll always remember when he proposed to me. I actually had a feeling that he would and I joked about it. It turns out that I was right. He started out by asking me to go on a walk with him and so I said that I would. He told me out onto a pier in the middle of the night and honestly it looked a little scary. Once we got to the end of the pier, he started saying some romantic things and then he got down on one knee and proposed to me. He didn't have a ring at the time, but I honestly didn't care about any of that stuff. I knew from the first time that we kissed that I wanted to marry Beau. It came a lot sooner than I thought it would but it was fine. I feel like your instincts take over and you know when you've found the one. I've been given a second chance at love and it's great. After everything that I've gone through relationship wise, I'm really not trying to screw anything up with the love of my life. I had a really hard time trusting guys after several breaks ups that I've gone through. Beau came along and really helped me open up to someone again. I was able to completely trust him and let him in. It's been the greatest feeling.

We haven't set a date yet for our wedding. We've discussed that we want to have a long engagement and work on our careers right now. He's very supportive of my career and I am of his as well. We're always there for one another and he also shows interest and respect towards my son. He's really just the best and I've never been happier than I am now. We're young, and still learning about ourselves. We don't want to rush it, just for it to burn out quickly. We rather take our time, and do it right. I feel like that's how love should be done."

Photos: Collene Swanson for iHeartRadio
DominicBrown|BrielleNielsen|LeslieNielsen|LexiMarieTaylor|J.A.S.M.Y.N|JordanSnow|DerekRamirez|AllyHansen|EthanKnight|AriaKingsley

UserPostedImage
thanks 7 users thanked Princess_Valentine2.0 for this useful post.
freestylechamp on 04/07/2017(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 04/07/2017(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 04/07/2017(UTC), BrownSugar on 04/07/2017(UTC), erich hess on 04/07/2017(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 04/07/2017(UTC), Welat65 on 04/07/2017(UTC)
#3 Posted : 31 July 2017 08:59:15(UTC)
Princess_Valentine2.0

Album Review: Eilidh - Head In The Clouds

Lexi Marie Taylor
July 30, 2017

UserPostedImage

Head In The Clouds - Kicking things off is 'Head In The Clouds,' which happens to be the name of the album as well. The 50's inspired track gives us a taste of what's to come with its dreamy-like production assisted by Eilidh's velvety smooth vocals. Eilidh speaks about being in a happy state and this song really makes me delighted to listen to it. My first time listening to it, I thought that oh she's going to open up the album with a slow song, but after listening a while longer, the song starts to pick up. It's really one of those soothing types of songs that you could dance to at your wedding during the husband and wife dance or even listen to it to help you sleep at night. It's quite calming and I have to say Eilidh couldn't have picked a better song to open the album with. I'm a big fan of the lyrics as well, mainly because they speak to me. As a singer and songwriter myself, lyrics are key and though the lyrics are simple, Eilidh still gets the message across while keeping it sweet and simple. The lyrics remind me of that first feeling you get when you fall in love and you don't want to come down from it. Eilidh does a great job of capturing that feeling and I think many people will be able to relate to it. I know I do as I'm currently feeling the same way now. I'm definitely keeping this one on repeat. - 10/10

What You Mean - Moving forward to the next track, 'What You Mean,' which was the debut single from this era, the album changes pace with a more upbeat song. The 90's inspired dance beat is just what we were expecting from Eilidh and that is quality music. This song no doubt showcases her talent by highlighting her vocals quite well. Eilidh is known for her voice and this track really gives you goosebumps from start to finish. I'm instantly reminded of a young Mariah Carey or even Christina Aguilera when I hear Eilidh sing. It's definitely a reminder of why she's truly one of the top women in the industry today. Her music is always on point and the lyrics for this one really speaks to me too. It's almost as if she just knows what I'm feeling and I think that's incredible. Artist should always know their audience and speak on subject matters that they can relate to. At least that's how I see things, but I'm exceptionally loving this one. - 9/10

Sweetest of Dreams (Feat. Deneil) - Keeping things lit, Eilidh hits us with another upbeat track with 'Sweetest of Dreams' featuring my boy Deneil. The song was the third single from this era, and defintely one of my favorite singles for sure. The pop, electro-R&B track is much different from what we're used to by Eilidh and the singles she's released thus far as she dabbles on the R&B side this time around. Hands down this is one of my top five songs as the beat is really catchy and I again love the lyrics. The fact that she also collabed with Deneil is great as well because he's so talented. The two coincide perfectly with one another making this song the definition of perfection. - 10/10

No Boys Allowed (Feat. Aliya Rose) - Next on the album is, 'No Boys Allowed,' which I absolutely love the title. The song is a fun, upbeat pop song with electronic influence and talks about a girl's night. Right away you think automatically that the song will be a girl empowerment song, and though it's not the typical song you would expect, it's still fairly inspiring to girls. It's one of the songs that you can play during a sleep over with the girls or an all girl road trip with your besties. Definitely sets the mood for a girl's night which follows the exact theme of the song. In my honest opinion, the lyrics are great, as they always are from Eilidh, but this song definitely doesn't match up to the songs we've heard so far. - 6/10

Before Your Body - On the next track, 'Before Your Body, which happened to be the second single Eilidh released from this era, Eilidh slays us yet again with amazing production, well written lyrics, and powerful vocals to match. It just so happens that this is another favorite song of my on the album that lands in my top five songs off her album. I'm in love with her vocals because as we know Eilidh can sing her sweet butt off when she's given the chance. The lyrics as well are another strong point for this song and the reason why I think it deserves the recognition that it's given. I'm forever and always drawn to songs with powerful messages and the fact that Eilidh wrote this song about reclaiming your own identity is amazing. As young women and men, girls especially, I feel that we become so wrapped up in relationships that we lose ourselves and forget who we are as a person. In a relationship, you're constantly thinking about the other and having to consider their feelings. We become so involved in being and item that we don't allow the time to spend and rediscover ourselves. That's why I really enjoy this song because it's so true and helps remind you to be your individual person too. - 10/10

Brand New - Eilidh gives us another midtempo Dance track with 'Brand New, and I have to say that I absolutely love this song. The lyrics talk about her guy not acting the way he should be and is being a douche now, which she doesn't like. I think that girls will be able to relate to this one too because it hits so close to home. I really feel as though this album was written for me and maybe even by me too as she just captures some great realistic themes. I can especially relate to the lyrics as I've dated guys before who started off being sweet and then completely turned into someone I didn't recognize. So I've experienced firsthand what Eilidh is talking about and it just makes the song that more enjoyable. Kudos to Eilidh on another banger. - 10/10

First Time - Halfway through the album now, Eilidh gives us 'First Time,' a midtempo love song with a retro sound and influences of power pop and electropop. On this track, Eilidh sings about falling in love for the first time and wanting to treasure it always. As I can imagine, most of us remember the very first time we fell in love, and can remember what that feeling is like. I definitely can and this song really reminds me of something similar to the opening track, 'Head In The Clouds,' due to the fact that both relate back to the same theme. I'm personally not a big fan of the production but it's definitely got a nice appeal to it. - 7/10

Xo - Up next is 'Xo,' which I like as it happens to also be the name of my debut extended play. The track is a progressive house track and is written in the style of a letter as the lyrics suggest. Though the song is fairly short, it's still a really great song as Eilidh's vocals and the production are on point. However, I will say that this one falls into the least favorite category compared to other extraordinary songs on the album. - 5/10

Fragile (Feat. Kato) - This next one happens to be the third collaboration on the album so far featuring one of my favorite people, Kato. The song is an EDM song which features piano and lots of synths playing over the beat. Lyrically, Eilidh speaks on how innocent she's always portrayed and how she is also seen as 'Fragile' and not being able to handle herself, in relation to love. I've always been waiting on an Eilidh and Kato collaboration and now that it's here I'm completely satisfied. Sometimes I feel as though some artists just add other artists onto their songs last minute without properly taking the time to see if the song actually would fit them. This isn't the case, however, with this one as the song turns out to be a great match for both Eilidh and Kato. Sometimes I feel that it's rare to find such great chemistry on a song between two people. When I say chemistry, I don't mean just having the best lyrics, but I mean that amazing feeling you get when a song touches your soul and really touches your life. That's the same feeling I feel every time I listen to this track. It's a win for both in my opinion with both artists equally matching the other. Though I'm not too found on the production of this one either, I have to give credit where it's due as the vocals and lyrics are perfection. I hope to hear more Eilidh and Kato collaborations in the future. - 7/10

Permission - Back with the empowerment anthems, Eilidh gives us 'Permission,' which is a deep house song that has strong influences of 90's and eurodance music. Eilidh sings about not needing anyone's permission to do what she wants and I have two words to say to that... yasssss girl! I'm living for this one as I really love the message behind it. I'm a big believer of doing what I want and not letting anyone stopping me. This song is easily likeable and I'm so glad that Eilidh is sticking to beautiful, uplifting songs such as this one. She could easily be writing about other things that aren't important, but instead she's using her gift to sing about such inspiring things. Girls around the world will surely find this one as uplifting as I do. - 9/10

Reassurance (Feat. Johnny Carter) - Sadly we come to the final collaboration on the album, which probably is a good thing as I like that she didn't provide too little or too many collaborations on the album. This particular song features my baby, Johnny Carter, which I'm all for. It came as a total surprise to see that the two collabed together when I first saw the tracklisting and I love that. Sometimes I feel its best not to tease who you're going to do collaborations with because the element of surprise is way better. Getting back to the song, I adore the production and I think that the lyrics were well written. This is definitely one of those summer tracks that will hit you with those summertime feels for sure. - 7/10

See What I See - Eilidh is definitely here with the empowerment anthems as she gives us another on 'See What I See.' She tells listeners to embrace their flaws and be proud of who they are. Eilidh also remains truthful and honest, and mentions that she also struggles with her self-confidence as well, which I think makes her so down to earth. Some people are not able to share their flaws and see it as a weakness. Eilidh, however, embraces the fact, and that's one of the things I love about her and her music. She's not afraid to speak the truth and be honest in her music. Those who listen to this song, will be able to see that and relate to it. I personally feel that everyone has those moments where they wish they could change things about themselves. No one is perfect but I feel as though those flaws make us who we are and that we shouldn't change them. I'm sure it's probably hard for some people to believe as everyone always things that I'm beautiful, but even I have those moments where I'm pretty hard on myself. I really think that a lot of that comes from my experiences with guys and the fact that in the past I let them may me feel insecure. When I was cheated on for the first time, it really brought my self-confidence down and I've struggled with a lot of insecurities during that time. I kept thinking that I wasn't pretty enough and I was doing something wrong. Now that I'm older now, I see how stupid that sounds and that's why I can just relate to this song so much. Eilidh really captured such a relatable theme and I just love her all the more for using her voice to speak on topics that really matter. - 10/10

Take Me There - The next song is one of two bonus tracks available when purchasing the physical deluxe edition of the album. 'Take Me There' is very electronica with lots of icy synths and a bubbly beat. Lyrically, it's about Eilidh wanting to break out of her shell she's been in for so long. She's singing to her music, asking if it will be able to take her to where she wants to be in life and give her the happiness she's been wanting her whole life. When I listen to this song and hear the lyrics, I admire where Eilidh is coming from. I believe as artist we're always questioning our ability and trying to become better at what we do. I think that it's important to grow as an artist as time goes on. I also think that sometimes we become so lost in the fame and what others want us to do that we don't stay true to the music we want to make. Eilidh really just captures that in this song and I really love that she's thinking about this so early on. Usually when you're still new to the industry you're wrapped up in the fame and fortunate and never think about these things. The fact that she has just shows how mature and down to earth she is. Though I love the message behind this song, it's easily forgettable compared to other songs on the album. - 5/10

Do You See Me Now? - The second bonus track on the physical deluxe edition of the album is, 'Do You See Me Now?' The song is said to be the most emotional song on the album due to the fact that it's about Eilidh's toxic relationship with her mother. Eilidh speaks on yearning for her mother's love but never receiving it. For me, I think that this song is the perfect ending to the album for those who purchase the deluxe edition. Once again, Eilidh delivers with her vocals and delivers an emotional, powerful performance. The song is easily relatable for those who deal with complicated family relationships on a daily bases. I love that she wrote about something so personal in her life and made a beautiful, emotional song about it. I've never dealt with my mom not loving me but as someone who is a parent myself, I know what it's like to love your child. Eilidh speaks on this as she can't understand how a mother can abandon her child, and that's something I'm not able to grasps as well. I feel as though children our miracles and it's our duty as parents to love and nurture them. Doing the opposite of that is unthinkable and I hope that someday Eilidh can find the love she's looking for from her mother. - 10/10

Highlights: Head In The Clouds, Before Your Body, Brand New, See What I See, Do You See Me Now?

Album Rating: 9/10

UserPostedImage
thanks 4 users thanked Princess_Valentine2.0 for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 31/07/2017(UTC), freestylechamp on 31/07/2017(UTC), erich hess on 31/07/2017(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 31/07/2017(UTC)