logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline BrownSugar  
#1 Posted : 22 April 2019 14:03:39(UTC)
BrownSugar

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19112 time(s) in 7584 post(s)
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Artist: Chicago Nobody
Title: filth and dreams
Genre(s): Electropop, art pop, experimental, indie house +
Length: 35:49
Writers: Chicago Nobody
Producers: Chicago Nobody
Format(s): Digital Download, Streaming
Label: Independent

kill your darlings
monday mourning
make daddy mad
in touch with myself
dream in color
good ol' americana
can't stand the taste of beer
romano blood
don't kill the vibe
filth and dreams

Filth and Dreams (stylized as "filth and dreams") is the debut studio album from Italian-American singer-songwriter and producer Camillo De Marco, known professionally as Chicago Nobody. The album was released on September 2nd 2019. Chicago Nobody released the project independently onto digital and streaming platforms only with a limited physical release being earmarked for the future. filth and dreams was written, composed, mixed and produced entirely by Chicago Nobody himself, utilizing the recording studio in the university he attends. Primarily an electropop record, filth and dreams has been labelled as "experimental" and "art pop" as it also incorporates multiple elements of trap, synth-pop, R&B, indie house, electronica, hip-hop and garage house just to name a few.

Inspired by his time at university and life as a 23-year-old, filth and dreams has been described as Chicago Nobody as a "loose" concept album. The project touches on a wide array of subjects and themes such as; sexuality, morality, capitalism, pop culture, politics, self love, youth and discovery. In a post on Chicago Nobody's Tumblr page he said the following about the project:

Quote:
"Dear friends, family and the little following I have amassed online - who I may as well dub as good friends too - I have decided, after much deliberation, to share my work with you and the world. Over the last year I have worked on and compiled a bunch of songs that started out as nothing more than a creative outlet. As a musical engineering student and a creative soul, I am constantly buzzed when it comes to the art of music and forever itching to express myself through it. When I should have been knuckling down on essays, I was tucked away in the studio composing these songs. At first I was just testing waters, wanting to delve into the mechanics of it all and getting a kick out of making my own songs. I was dorking out. After sitting with the tracks, sharing them with some dear friends and receiving glorious feedback, I began toying with the idea of sharing them with everyone. Being an amateur, I was fearful. Having a fragile ego, I was terrified. I don't know if I can handle intense criticism. I don't know if people even care to hear my thoughts. I'm still questioning things but after months of back and forth with myself, here we are. It's out.

Life in your early 20's is a weird time. Older people view them as the glory days and younger people perceive them as their time for liberation. I guess they're right in a sense but it's still complex as fuck. Being a youth in 2019, navigating the world, discovering the goal posts set for you by said world, making your own decisions, not having the safety net you once had as a kid, taking ownership of your entire life...it's scary. You can be as smart as anything as a kid or a teenager - being educated on certain topics, feeling some kind of way about injustice and witnessing things happening to other people which may give you an idea on how to react if the same thing ever happened to you but, until you actually reach adulthood, you never quite understand. I thought I knew it all until the rug was pulled from under my feet at 200 mph. Suddenly I was in university, had fees to pay, people to answer too, serious consequences if I strayed or failed to comply, had to adjust to speaking to other adults and remind myself I was one too, navigating the dating world, trying to find the weird balance between finding myself while giving my time and money to the "man" and making choices that have a lasting impact on my life and who I am. There's no preparing. There's no tutorial. There's no trial round. You're just thrown in and what happens, happens.

This album is a little summary of what I've experienced and how I view ways of the world. It might seem rather "DEEP" and "EDGY" given the lengthy description I just gave but, in reality, it's life through the eyes of a 23-year-old guy. It's what I live through whether that be drinking with my best friends and dealing with severe hangovers or exploring my sexuality and delving into the dating world, or even those late night thoughts I have about how fuck up the society we live in is. It's my voice. It's my thoughts. It means nothing to most people. It's the ramblings of a Chicago nobody."

While Chicago Nobody is unsigned and a relatively unknown artist, filth and dreams quickly garnered traction through word of mouth and social media platforms. With no prior singles, media hype or promotion, the album came as a surprise release and many consumers flocked to the record to explore it in its entirety. Recordings of tracks found their way onto Twitter and Tumblr, being shared repeatedly and launching a flurry of activity. At Metacritic, which assigns a weighted mean rating out of 100 to reviews from mainstream publications, the album received a score of 87, based on 7 reviews, indicating "universal acclaim".

Edited by user 10 September 2019 11:56:07(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

thanks 7 users thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
AmyJayneXoX on 22/04/2019(UTC), erich hess on 22/04/2019(UTC), C4AJoh on 27/04/2019(UTC), FiveT on 01/07/2019(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 13/07/2019(UTC), snap_itshannah on 03/09/2019(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 31/07/2020(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#2 Posted : 22 April 2019 14:27:19(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Title: kill your darlings
Genre(s): Garage House, Trap-Pop
Length: 3:14
Writers: C. De Marco (Chicago Nobody)
Producer: Chicago Nobody
From The Album: filth and dreams

Kill Your Darlings (stylized as kill your darlings) is a song recorded by Italian-American singer-songwriter and producer Chicago Nobody. It serves as the opening track for his debut album filth and dreams. The track was written, arranged, mixed and produced entirely by Chicago Nobody himself. kill your darlings can be classed as a garage house and trap-pop song, using a heavy bass, finger-snaps and a kick-drum. The song essentially consists of "two parts" with the beginning having a moderately fast tempo and falling into the dance and garage house category while the ending of the song switches to a slower tempo, utilizing more trap inspired elements. The song has been described as "tongue-in-cheek" by Chicago Nobody and states that is "an extreme case of burying your head in the sand". The lyrics reference his studies at university, the toll that the workload is taking on his mental health and bank balance, and his burning desire to escape it all.

"I feel like "kill your darlings" was the perfect way to open the album. It encompasses a lot of what I touch on throughout the record and sets the scene for where I was at the time of making this album and what I was using for inspiration. It's all very tongue-in-cheek, of course. I'm not telling every single student to forget about their degrees and their courses but it's an embellished story of how I feel at times. Sometimes you don't want to work yourself until you're run into the ground. Sometimes you don't want to deal with the severe pressures put on you. Sometimes you don't want to stress out over that looming assignment and the future. Sometimes you just want to tune out and live in the now. I found myself feeling extremely low due to expectations, deadlines and pressures. It almost felt like it wasn't worth it anymore. I wanted to create a song about that burning desire for a great escape. It's an extreme case of burying your head in the sand and allows people to vicariously live that out."

- kill your darlings -

Cheap champagne spilling down our designer clothes
Spending our last lonely dollars on that Uber home
Got a good while before I have to pay off that loan
Right now is all that matters

Early start, might as well stay up and see it through
Cold in here, can I squeeze in and lay with you?
Put the world to rights with our fairy tale rule
Fix anything but our own disasters

Brush your hair and keep your head on straight
Isn't that the type of shit the parents say?
But you know what happens when the cat's away
I worked last night so now it's time for play
All these dreams and papers I've been amassing
Have got my silly little twisted head pounding
Too many hopes on my plate yet I'm still starving
Fuck priorities, it's time to kill my darlings

Uh, yeah
Want liberation? Kill your darlings
If you really love them, kill your darlings
Dutch courage should help with the parting
Come with me and kill your darlings

Expectations throw me up then drop me to my knees
So incessant, I no longer feel it when I bleed
Trapped inside a cycle in the land of the free
Am I sounding like a pessimist?

Are you coming out tonight to bathe in the afterglow?
Don't worry about the cash, I can beg, steal and borrow
Our bright lights have been dimmed by the shadows
Emancipate, this is an exodus

Brush your hair and keep your head on straight
Isn't that the type of shit the parents say?
But you know what happens when the cat's away
I worked last night so now it's time for play
All these dreams and papers I've been amassing
Have got my silly little twisted head pounding
Too many hopes on my plate yet I'm still starving
Fuck priorities, it's time to kill my darlings

Uh, yeah

On the edge of seventeen, I had many aspirations
(Kill your darlings)
As reality settled in, it took a toll on my patience
(Kill your darlings)
No matter what train I'm on, never know it's destination
(Kill your darlings)
At the end of the day, it's only my time I'm wasting
(Kill your darlings)

Uh, yeah

Can Be Compared To:
UserPostedImage

thanks 6 users thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
AmyJayneXoX on 22/04/2019(UTC), erich hess on 22/04/2019(UTC), C4AJoh on 27/04/2019(UTC), FiveT on 01/07/2019(UTC), snap_itshannah on 03/09/2019(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 31/07/2020(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#3 Posted : 22 April 2019 16:21:13(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Title: monday mourning
Genre(s): Dance-Pop, Electropop
Length: 3:56

Monday Mourning (stylized as "monday mourning") is a song recorded by Italian-American singer-songwriter and producer Chicago Nobody. It serves as the second track for his debut album filth and dreams. The track was written, arranged, mixed and produced entirely by Chicago Nobody himself. monday mourning can be classed as a dance-pop and electropop track filled with "pristine" and "sultry" chords. The song takes on a far more upbeat and "pop" style approach to production in comparison to the darker sounding "kill your darlings" which opened the album. "monday mourning" has been described by Chicago Nobody as "feel-good pop with a darker undertone" and dubbed it as a "satirical jibe" at the party antics of him and his friends. The lyrics reference the dreaded morning after following a night of drinking and other recreational activities. The title is a play on words, switching "morning" for "mourning" as the track contains many death and grieving references.

"Ah, "monday mourning" was a track that came a little later on in my sessions. I had been in the studio that week but felt a little dry. Nothing was coming. It was my good friend Jack's birthday on the Sunday and we all got together, let loose, made a few questionable decisions and a lot of mistakes. By the time Monday morning came, I felt exactly how I did in the song. I felt like death but I didn't regret it. I laughed at how stupid we all must look from an outsiders point of view. All of us were wrecks but we knew we'd all be doing it again pretty soon. It sparked the idea for the song. It's a bit of a satirical jibe at me and my friends. We never learn and pay for it come Monday. Of course, I waited until the Tuesday to write and begin working on the song. I spent the Monday in bed doing some mourning. I truly live and breathe the art, huh? I also wanted the track to sound more upbeat in comparison to the first one. Although they aren't directly linked, "kill your darlings" could seem like the precursor to "monday mourning" as the former is all about temptation and wanting to let loose while the latter is about the morning after. I thought it'd be nice to have two very different extremes, two very different sounding songs but still have a shared theme or thread."

- monday mourning -

Pulling back the sheets like it's a CSI moment
Don't you know that in Hell it gets quite lonely?
Killed a few dreams last night, hire a hearse
Hair of the dog, down it along with the remorse
Don't think I'll learn, I'll just brush off the dirt
Keep it going until I run dead out of luck

Spinning head as I lay on the glitter covered floor
Close my eyes and it's like I'm partying in Studio 54
I love to pretend that it's a victimless crime
When it's really fucking over this little mind of mine

We tear it up just like we're animals, yeah
Tongues tasting all the pink like cannibals, yeah
Take a pill, sell our souls to touch those pearly gates
But we crash from the clouds, all fall down in a blaze
We're untouchable until our heads hit the concrete
Now it's Monday morning, fuck it, I'm going back to sleep

There's no doubt I have to make some apologies
Those damn sugar rushes always get the best of me
But for now I'll unplug, I'll call them all back
Busy mourning, drapes closed, all dressed in black
Feels like with every time, the ice wears more thin
It's more of a rush to sink than swim

Spinning head as I lay on the glitter covered floor
Close my eyes and it's like I'm partying in Studio 54
I love to pretend that it's a victimless crime
When it's really fucking over this little mind of mine

I don't mind breathing in the secondhand smoke
I kinda like the scent, it's a nicer way to choke
Things aren't OK but don't worry, I'm great at pretend
One of these concoctions will surely help us mend

Same time, same place, same stupid shit, I'm on it

Can Be Compared To:

Edited by user 22 April 2019 16:24:00(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage

AmyJayneXoX on 22/04/2019(UTC), erich hess on 22/04/2019(UTC), C4AJoh on 27/04/2019(UTC), FiveT on 01/07/2019(UTC), snap_itshannah on 03/09/2019(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 31/07/2020(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#4 Posted : 22 April 2019 17:33:07(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Title: make daddy mad
Genre(s): Hip Hop, Trap, Pop
Length: 3:01

Make Daddy Mad (stylized as "make daddy mad") is a song recorded by Italian-American singer-songwriter and producer Chicago Nobody. It serves as the third track for his debut album filth and dreams. The track was written, arranged, mixed and produced entirely by Chicago Nobody himself. make daddy mad can be classed as a hip-hop and trap track filled with "blaring synths" and "sharp" hi-hats. The song is noted for its "dark" and "brooding" sound courtesy of its heavy bass as well as Chicago Nobody's "eerie" and "mumbled" vocal delivery. "make daddy mad" has been described by Chicago Nobody as "braggadocios as it is sinister" as well as "unabashed statement of confidence, verging on cockiness". The lyrics see Chicago Nobody take on the role of someone's new boyfriend who is far from the kind of guy one would want to introduce to their parents. He often taunts and teases, seemingly enjoying the idea of angering the father. The track is noted for addressing Chicago Nobody's bisexuality as well as including an explicit reference to penis size.

"The third track, "make daddy mad", is probably my favorite track on the album purely for the shock value of it alone. My favorites change all the time but this one always remains high on my ranking for many reasons. This was the first piece I truly loved. The session in which it was birthed was the first time I stepped out of the box and decided to be as wacky as I wanted. I played it safe in the studio for a while, a total noob, but this song gave me true liberation and carved out the template for the entire album. I just threw in everything that I loved like it was some sort of gumbo; pop, trap, R&B, indie rock. It just worked. I also think that the left of field lyrics helped make the song become what it is. With that production, you couldn't have saccharine lyrics. It's as braggadocios as it is sinister. Basically, I based it on a bad experience with an ex-girlfriend's parents. I was 19 at the time and it was my first real relationship but the parents did not like me at all. I was too rough around the edges, not smart enough and really just not the "Mr Perfect" they had in mind for their daughter, as unattainable as that is. I embellished the story and turned it into something real badass. It's unabashed statement of confidence, verging on cockiness. Speaking of cockiness...there's a line in there that I know will raise a few...eyebrows."

- make daddy mad -

Never met a strong person who had an easy life
Rough around the edge but you can't deny my shine
My flag doesn't wave a symphony of red, blue and white
Not into one team, I'm loving all of the sides
Black leather, drive you crazy on my motorbike
I'm not what your parents had in mind

I've kissed strangers with no names
I've took trips and missed out days
My hot blood goes up in flames
You wouldn't believe the things I say

Oh, would I make daddy mad? (mad, mad, mad, mad)
Would he think that I'm wicked bad? (bad, bad, bad, bad)
Would it put him in a casket, straitjacket? I'm just asking
Oh, would it make daddy mad? (mad, mad, mad, mad)
If he knew that you liked it like that? (that, that, that, that)
Would he do something drastic, turn to ashes if I blast it?
Oh yeah, let's make daddy mad

And no, I don't have any type of law degree
I play the guitar and sing around town for my keep
I'm not a bad guy but it's clear I'm far from sweet
I'd fuck the boy-next-door, nine inches deep
My mind goes to all crazy places when I fall asleep
No, they don't want you to ride with me

Yeah, I've done things when in Rome
Been lost in places no one should ever go
I bet your dad would just love to know
That I'm the one you're bringing home

Your momma shudders to think
That one day you might get a ring
Your father doesn't want to see
The day that I join the family

Your momma shudders to think
That one day you might get a ring
Your father doesn't want to see
The day that I join the family

Can Be Compared To:

Edited by user 22 April 2019 18:54:17(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage

Offline BrownSugar  
#5 Posted : 22 April 2019 18:53:47(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Title: in touch with myself
Genre(s): Synth-pop, electropop
Length: 3:44

In Touch With Myself (stylized as "in touch with myself") is a song recorded by Italian-American singer-songwriter and producer Chicago Nobody. It serves as the fourth track for his debut album filth and dreams. The track was written, arranged, mixed and produced entirely by Chicago Nobody himself. in touch with myself can be classed as a synth-pop and electropop track filled with "whopping bass" and pop beat scattered with digital "bleeps and bloops". The song is noted for its unusual structure, with varying verse and hook lengths and positioning. It also sees Chicago Nobody deliver the lines in a sing-rap style in which his Italian-American accent comes through strongly one. "in touch with myself" has been described by Chicago Nobody as a "sexual liberation" a "club ready song". The lyrics reference Chicago Nobody exploring his sexuality and body with willing new participants.

"Despite being one of the most accessible in terms of production, I'd say that "in touch with myself" is one of the oddballs of an odd album. The structure is on its head, I'm sort of rapping on there, it's about threesomes and anal sex and it was inspired by pop songs from 2006. Yeah, it's a weird one. I wanted to write a truly liberating song that was really sex positive without being too smutty or corny. I had to find the right balance of innuendo and ambiguity, sexual and sensual, it took a while to perfect. I'm very open minded and think that the stigma and taboo surrounding sex is bizarre. There's nothing more beautiful than exploring the body you have. The idea came to me when I was listening to pop songs circa 2006. A lot of Timbaland produced stuff. Sexyback and Promiscuous were like the blueprints and inspiration when it came to make this one. Those songs were so sexy yet cool and edgy at the same time. I wanted to recreate that but bring it into 2019 and incorporate it with my alt-pop style. I drove myself mad for the longest time but I got there in the end and it's one I'm very proud of."

- in touch with myself -

Touching you, touching me, gotta get in touch with myself
Exploring all the corners that no one has ever delved
Tapping into my mind and all its pink folds
Let's get unconscious and see what this bliss holds
I'm testing all my limits, what gets me overwhelmed?

I'm always toying with the verge of obscene
Think it's time I made it more than a fever dream
Let me drop the pin to my elusive location
In the rough and tumble, let out or frustrations
Three is a crowd but I could do with an audience
Rush of blood to the head, fuck with my common sense
I ain't go no time for explaining tonight
I just wanna buckle up and enjoy the ride
Under the cover of darkness, we're feeling bold
Yeah, might fuck around and give up all control
Fingers clenching on whatever, toes up at the ceiling
Melting into the silky strokes and finer feelings
Been a little denied now I'm loving my skin
And if that's so wrong then I'll stay living in sin

There's nothing dirtier than a clean bit of filth
And when it comes to Judgement Day, I'll plead the fifth
Not gonna lie, I used to think that God was a myth
But I touched the clouds tonight and Heaven is sick

Oh mi, oh my, this is becoming more than physical
Oh mi, oh my, I can't make sense of it all
Oh mi, oh my, I think that I need to come up for air
Oh mi, oh my, I'm scared to let go but I'm halfway there
Fingers clenching on whatever, toes up at the ceiling
Melting into the silky strokes and finer feelings
Been a little denied now I'm loving my skin
And if that's so wrong then I'll stay living in sin

Oh mi, oh mi, oh my
Oh mi, oh mi, oh my
Oh mi, oh mi, oh my
Oh mi, oh mi, oh my
Oh mi, oh mi, oh my
Oh mi, oh mi, oh my

Can Be Compared To:
UserPostedImage

Offline BrownSugar  
#6 Posted : 22 April 2019 20:24:05(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Title: dream in color
Genre(s): Electropop, alt-R&B
Length: 3:46

Dream In Color (stylized as "dream in color") is a song recorded by Italian-American singer-songwriter and producer Chicago Nobody. It serves as the fifth track for his debut album filth and dreams. The track was written, arranged, mixed and produced entirely by Chicago Nobody himself. "dream in color" can be classed as an electropop and alternative R&B track which incorporates loose twangs of an electric guitar with sparse industrial and digital sounds against a failing and falling bass inspired by late 80's hip-hop. The song is noted for its subdued and isolated sound as well as Chicago Nobody's soft and tender vocals. "dream in color" has been described by Chicago Nobody as "the love song of the album" and "the most tender moment on my chaotic record". The lyrics explore themes of young love and infatuation. The couple in the song have nothing to hide from one another and they are deeply in love with every single aspect of their partner, for better or worse.

"I feel like this is one of the most important records on the album. I'm naturally quite a satirical and somewhat pessimistic writer. That's just where I automatically go to. That's my pen. With "dream in color", however, I tapped into a deeper place - my softer side. I can be full of bravado at times and even though I am really enjoying the single life, I'm a sucker for love. It doesn't even have to be romantically. It can be towards friends and family. I love to shower people in adoration and show them how much they mean to me. This song is an interpretation of my inner mushy teddy bear. I know what it's like to be so infatuated with someone. You want to live and breathe them. You want to become one. It can be quite an intense experience but I wanted this track to convey the love more than the obsession so that's why I used softer words and production. The beat is so sparse and calming plus it's filled with gorgeous words like "rose", "honey", "gold", "blossom", "bloom", "swirl"...it's so relaxing on the ears. I think it is the perfect song to come in halfway through the album and switch things up. A palate cleanser, if you will."

- dream in color -

Nothing could come close to a love like ours
No otherworldly force, no alignment of stars
We just keep on going until our mouths run dry
Screw with the cosmos with our spinning, blurry eyed
Hold on tight like it's the end of the world
Watch the beautiful shapes and patterns swirl

Back and forth, switching like a kaleidoscope
Breathing heavy when we move in close
Tender lips feel like the inside of a rose
You melt me down, this is getting out of control

Baptize me, leave a spectrum after your rain
I've got that honey gold runnin' through my veins
You said you've experimented with every shade and hue
That's fine with me 'cause I love pink and blue
Nervous brown eyes widen as we blossom for each other
My bloom is just for you, you make me dream in color

Riding that wave until we're higher than life
Throws of turquoise brighten up the winter nights
Standing on the rooftop, freezing cold, making plans
Still smell the scent of summer with you in my arms
Under the water or in the middle of the flames
We're still intertwined, won't let it fade to grey

Back and forth, switching like a kaleidoscope
Breathing heavy when we move in close
Tender lips feel like the inside of a rose
You melt me down, this is getting out of control

Paint me up, I'm dreaming in color
Paint me up, move in closer
Light me up, I'm dreaming in color
Light me up, move in closer
Breathing heavy when we move in close...

Paint me up, I'm dreaming in color
Paint me up, move in closer
Light me up, I'm dreaming in color
Light me up, move in closer

Can Be Compared To:
UserPostedImage

Offline BrownSugar  
#7 Posted : 28 April 2019 19:20:26(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Title: good ol' americana
Genre(s): alt-R&B, art pop, electronica
Length: 3:39

Good Ol' Americana (stylized as "good ol' americana") is a song recorded by Italian-American singer-songwriter and producer Chicago Nobody. It serves as the sixth track for his debut album filth and dreams. The track was written, arranged, mixed and produced entirely by Chicago Nobody himself. "good ol' americana" can be classed as an alternative R&B song with influences of electronica, also bordering on art pop due to it's experimentation with effects. Natural sounds such as crickets chirping, insects and birds tweeting have been infused into the background to give the track a more vibrant undertone. The song is noted for Chicago Nobody's soft and tender vocal delivery, exploring his falsetto range for the majority of the song. The lyrics tap into the political climate of the United States of America, showcasing the viewpoints of a young liberal man and how he feels overshadowed by the system in which the country operates. Issues such as misogyny, racism, homophobia, gun control and general bigotry are touched upon and how they are not as prioritized as celebrity culture, winning wars and old patriotic sentiments.

"Here, we sort of break away from the student life and my own personal bubble. "good ol' americana" looks at the bigger picture but the content within the song is still very true to me. I'm a firm believer in equality. I'm a feminist, I'm an activist, I'm queer, I'm young and educated, I'm everything that Fox News hates. I think the way in which we operate as a country is pretty fucked up, especially since that Mr Waternoose looking ass got into power. The scum has risen to the top. I feel like as well as hate and targeted harassment, there is also a HUGE blanket of ignorance clouding serious issues. Out of sight, out of mind. It's a power game. It's all about winning. It's all about being the biggest and the best. It's all about keeping up appearances, looking strong and stable on the outside. All the issues with minority groups are glossed over. They're not important...or so they think. The government and a bulk of the media don't realize how embedded and internal these issues are. Like termites, these issues are going to eat up their beloved country from the inside out. They better start paying attention. This song is a nod to that ignorance. No matter how pressing the issues, they aren't seen as important as celebrity scandals and general dick swinging. Our issues seem to be burrowed and not held as highly in the zeitgeist of Americana."

- good ol' americana -

I'm holding onto Heaven with all the best intentions
Though it seems someone new is playing God each day
Someone's lover, someone's color distort many visions
Being led by the blind, no wonder that we stray
Your favorite poster boy made some bad decisions
Forget our carnage, we've got a hot topic today

The Fathers wrote the script for our scenes
Uncle Sam only wants us to follow that one dream
Ain't no freedom comes with being young and hip
Test the limits, fall on our faces, it's a trip

It's a fucked up world as the flag hits the sky
All the young dreamers stagger home and question why
People block us out, so strung on some patriotic high
Red spills out for the sake of white and blue lives
Keep the colors flowing for good ol' Americana
Don't ask questions, don't burn down their Nirvana

I don't want her in the kitchen or him behind bars
But if I dare speak, I'm shackled to the chain of fools
War is only ever an option when it's one big ego spar
Call us cowards, exalt us when we die in our schools
Thousands fall but a pop music girl is the cover star
Try to change the world, they go and change the rules

Do you think that this is worth it?
Could you solemnly swear that it was?
Even when you add up all the cost?
Will this lead you to some higher glory?
I think it's twisted and unholy

Can Be Compared To:

Edited by user 28 April 2019 19:21:12(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage

erich hess on 29/04/2019(UTC), C4AJoh on 03/05/2019(UTC), FiveT on 01/07/2019(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 10/07/2019(UTC), snap_itshannah on 03/09/2019(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 31/07/2020(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#8 Posted : 30 June 2019 05:52:54(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Title: can't stand the taste of beer
Genre(s): Dance, Garage House, Electropop
Length: 2:57

Can't Stand the Taste of Beer (stylized as "can't stand the taste of beer") is a song recorded by Italian-American singer-songwriter and producer Chicago Nobody. It serves as the seventh track for his debut album filth and dreams. The track was written, arranged, mixed and produced entirely by Chicago Nobody himself. "can't stand the taste of beer" can be classed as a dance song with elements of synthpop, electropop and garage house interjected to create a very layered soundscape and one of total club euphoria. The shortest song on the album, "can't stand the taste of beer" is noted for it's "punchy" and "packed" delivery, with stacked production and Chicago Nobody's fast bullet point listing vocal delivery adding to the straight-to-the-point snappy nature of the track. The lyrics are seen as a response to the cynical "baby boomer" views on his generation; often seen as "lazy", "sensitive" and criticised for their more liberal and free-spirited mindsets. He also dubbed it as "an anthem for the lost youth".

"Stress levels of the youth today are at an all-time high. Our economy is fucked, it's hard to find a decent job, many of our degrees prove utterly useless in the end and we feel nothing but pressure, pressure, pressure. Pressure to look a certain, to earn so much, to achieve certain grades, to match up to ridiculous standards. We end up feeling lost. We feel like failures. We don't feel good enough. This is one for the lost youths out there. It's our little anthem. It's something I've experienced and have noticed in a lot of my friends and fellow students. I had to write about it and it came out so naturally, practically off the dome in terms of melody and lyrics. The chorus doubles as a message to us living through these awkward years and those who are judging. I'm trying to relate to those going through the struggle and questioning those who seem to have a lot of shit to say...as if they're so perfect. Pretty sure nobody's life has gone exactly to their plan. It's impossible. This one is just a bit of fun to take the sting out of what can be a very depressive scenario. If you're feeling lost, play this and let's get even more lost together."

- can't stand the taste of beer -

I can't stand the taste of beer
But I'm all for another reckless idea
You're by my side, I clutch an empty cup
So keep on pouring and I won't say stop
Wake up naked and dazed on Hartigan beach
Covered by the limitless sky within our reach

No we're not lost, we're just finding our way in this world
Standing up tall, we're letting all our truths unfurl
We're all rebel hearts with big heads full of stars
We're one more shot away from finding out who the fuck we are

Do you ever wonder what happens to all our wishes?
Do you even think further than tomorrow morning?
Do you dream of that ring and being wrapped in kisses?
Do you leave it all until that four minute warning?
Do you care?
Do you dare?

I can't stand crawling out of bed
Ain't no demon quite like the heavy head
But days like these slip by like sands to the tide
Party by the shore while we're young like the night
Not so fresh-faced but our eyes still glisten
Standing on the edge, making the whole world listen

No we're not lost, we're just finding our way in this world
Standing up tall, we're letting all our truths unfurl
We're all rebel hearts with big heads full of stars
We're one more shot away from finding out who the fuck we are

Do you care?
Do you dare?

They call us all sorts but they'll never really know
Never know just how far our powers go
They talk a lot of bullshit but they'll never understand
Never understand how far our minds expand
They don't care
They don't dare

Do you care?
Do you dare?

Do you care?
Do you dare?

Can Be Compared To:
UserPostedImage

erich hess on 30/06/2019(UTC), FiveT on 01/07/2019(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 10/07/2019(UTC), snap_itshannah on 03/09/2019(UTC), C4AJoh on 02/11/2019(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 31/07/2020(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#9 Posted : 10 July 2019 02:06:32(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Title: romano blood
Genre(s): Electronic, synthpop, alternative pop
Length: 4:03

Romano Blood (stylized as "romano blood") is a song recorded by Italian-American singer-songwriter and producer Chicago Nobody. It serves as the eighth track for his debut album filth and dreams. The track was written, arranged, mixed and produced entirely by Chicago Nobody himself. "romano blood" can be classed as an electronic song, mixing in elements of synthpop and dubstep into the layered production. The song is noted for its dark, foreboding bass and eerie synth lines as well as the confession and storytelling lyrical content. The song opens up with a spoken word section of three lines from Chicago Nobody before delving into a nonchalant, airy singing style. The song is by far the most personal on the album, talking about his parents and family drama. "romano blood" is about Chicago Nobody's strained relationship with his father and how he relates far more to his mother (Sylvia Romano) than his father (Gabriele De Marco) despite sharing the same surname. It tells the story of his father's adulterous ways, his mother's meekness, his parents' move from Italy to America, the departure of said father and the resilience and strength that Chicago Nobody has built up over the years living with his single mother.

"I think that "Romano Blood" is my personal favourite on the album. It's definitely the most personal by far. I'm a very honest songwriter. I talk about what pisses me off and what my dreams are. I talk about failed relationships, sexual stuff, stories about my friends and all sorts. Talking about my family and upbringing is as close as it gets though. It's a very raw topic and it's hard to sugarcoat and mould into a pop song which is why the structure is wacky. It's just a list; a step by step guide to all the fuckery my mother has had to endure. I love that woman so much. She made me the man I am today. I have a massive sense of loyalty towards her. After everything she has been through and sacrificed to raise me and my siblings...I'm forever indebted. I just want to make her proud. This song is a declaration; I'm a Romano. I don't care what my birth certificate says. I will continue to make her proud, help to provide for her and live out the dreams that she put away in a box. She didn't get to go to university, she didn't get to utilise her incredible vocal talents and she didn't get to have much of a youth, really. This is one for her and my maternal side of the family."

- romano blood -

If my mind doesn't fit my youth
If my legs aren't wrapped in your roots
It doesn't matter, it's my truth

When she was sixteen, she fell for his charms
Dropped her entire life to wrap around his arm
She had little babies, wanted to settle down
He wanted the world, dragged them all around
He twisted and pulled it all apart
A puppet theatre of his own sick art

She was so happy, doesn't know what her worth is
She was so happy, well, at least on the surface

Vernazza wasn't big enough for his ego
Illinois was the plan, she flocks wherever he goes
Now a Chicago nobody, she stayed in at nights
He networked the city, did nothing but womanise
Her talents and dreams all swallowed down
He sunk it in from city to village to town

She was unhappy, couldn't break the circuit
She was unhappy, but freedom made her nervous

I tell him what he doesn't want to hear
Her voice is silenced but mine is loud and clear
I'm a bitter pill and yeah, I can be subjective
But these facts I shoot are known and objective
So what if my passions and humour leave you bored?
So what if my jaw and nose are just like yours?
There's no De Marco running through my veins
I'm my mother's child, fuck your DNA

I have Romano blood in me

When I was seven, he left us all behind
His choice to flee but I made sure to cut the ties
When it all runs dry, he knocks on the door
She tells him that he's not welcome any more
I'm so proud that she's found the words to say
I'm so happy we've lived through his hurricane

Set us free, ooh
Your path will always be different from mine
My thoughts are where you always draw the line
Never going to compromise with my own damn life
I looked at the bigger picture and it set me free
Set us free, ooh
Set us free, ooh

Can Be Compared To:

Edited by user 10 July 2019 02:07:17(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage

erich hess on 10/07/2019(UTC), FiveT on 10/07/2019(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 10/07/2019(UTC), snap_itshannah on 03/09/2019(UTC), C4AJoh on 02/11/2019(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 31/07/2020(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#10 Posted : 11 July 2019 01:51:14(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Title: don't kill the vibe
Genre(s): Synthpop, dance-pop
Length: 3:29

Don't Kill The Vibe (stylized as "don't kill the vibe") is a song recorded by Italian-American singer-songwriter and producer Chicago Nobody. It serves as the ninth track for his debut album filth and dreams. The track was written, arranged, mixed and produced entirely by Chicago Nobody himself. "don't kill the vibe" can be classed as synthpop and dance-pop song, leaning more towards a commercial appear than a bulk of the other songs on the album which lend themselves to a more alternative, darker styling. The song is noted for its crunchy electronic beats, punchy bass drum as well as the return of Chicago Nobody's fast-spoken, almost rap like vocal delivery which was showcased earlier on his album. "don't kill the vibe" has been described by Chicago Nobody as "an anthem for the misfits" as well as "total escapism for three minutes". The lyrics set the scene of a party and all the different types of people in attendance who are very much welcome and encouraged to be themselves. The main themes are acceptance and living in the moment, forgetting about all the troubles and worries for the night.

"This is probably one of the most mainstream pop moments on the album but it still has a bit of a quirky edge. They are some of the punchiest and crunchiest beats I've made. I basically wanted a song that enforces love and inclusion. I have a few drinking and partying songs on the record but they have slightly twisted undertones. This one is just a straight up celebration of everyone. Forget all your troubles, forget about a dress code, forget about not fitting in. You're welcome and you're loved and that's it. I was inspired by the first university party I was invited to. I will never forget it. It was so...real and human yet spectacular. The huge spectrum of people in attendance with all sorts of looks, backgrounds, dreams and goals all sharing the same space, getting along and putting out these wonderful, positive vibes into the ether...it was magical. I wanted to try and bottle that moment, that feeling, that vibe and put it into a song. It's one that a lot of people can enjoy and I know it'll go down well at parties and live shows."

- don't kill the vibe -

Here's to the girl looking like revenge
Here's to the boy way out of his depth
Make room for another beauty school dropout
Say hello to another dickhead chasing clout

There's a corner of nervous first timers
Centre stage is another wannabe rhymer
Tip my hat to all the OG hell raisers
Work my way past all the crazy ass shakers

Show some love to all the shades of queer
Raise a glass for those who didn't make it here
Down a shot, down all your troubles away
Fuck the demons, we're dancing with them today

Clap your hands for the ones who got it locked
Wrap your arms around those who've had enough
A fist bump for the stoners blazing up
Come in a little closer, raise that cup

Put it in a box, let's find a new obsession
Swallow it down, let's seek a new addiction
Intoxicate me baby, as we're vibing

Your wheels could be coming right off
Stuck between that hard place and a rock
Just don't kill the vibe tonight
Your hopes and dreams could be shattering
Welcome to the club, grab a drink
Ya-ya-ya-yee
Ya-ya-ya-yo
Don't kill the vibe tonight

Can I get an amen for all the wicked?
Throw it back for those trying to hit it
Take a moment to love all the heartbroken
Forget a guest list, leave the doors open

Here's one for all the dreamers and heroes
Double up for all the misfits and zeroes
All the showstoppers go and take your bow
Peace out, time to get lost up in the crowd

Put it in a box, let's find a new obsession
Swallow it down, let's seek a new addiction
Intoxicate me baby, as we're vibing

Ya-ya-ya-yee
Ya-ya-ya-yo

Ya-ya-ya-yee, ya-ya-ya-yo
We getting comatose, not making any sense
But it feels alright on the night
Ya-ya-ya-yee, ya-ya-ya-yo
We getting comatose, not making any sense
But it feels alright on the night

Ya-ya-ya-yee
Ya-ya-ya-yo

Can Be Compared To:
UserPostedImage

thanks 5 users thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
erich hess on 11/07/2019(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 19/07/2019(UTC), snap_itshannah on 03/09/2019(UTC), C4AJoh on 02/11/2019(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 31/07/2020(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#11 Posted : 03 September 2019 08:58:26(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Title: filth and dreams
Genre(s): R&B, synthpop, punk, electronic
Length: 4:00

Filth and Dreams (stylized as "filth and dreams") is a song recorded by Italian-American singer-songwriter and producer Chicago Nobody. It serves as the titular, tenth and final track for his debut album filth and dreams. The track was written, arranged, mixed and produced entirely by Chicago Nobody himself. "filth and dreams" can be classed as an R&B song infused with electronic and punk influences to create a very diverse and experimental soundscape. The song is noted for its gentle digital beats, Prince-esque funk guitar riffs, subdued finger snaps as well as the versatility of Chicago Nobody's vocals. The majority of the song is sang in a gentle, fluttering manner and builds up to huge belts and riffs - showcasing his wide range and juxtaposing the whispered vocals that opened the album. "filth and dreams" has been described by Chicago Nobody as "a freedom song" as well as "equally sad as it is hopeful". The lyrics tell the story of Chicago Nobody and his love interest throwing caution to the wind and creating their own utopia on Earth, living by their own rules and experiencing life to the fullest no matter how unconventional things may be. The song also doubles as a generational anthem, citing how mindsets nowadays are different to the ones who set up today's system.

"Well, this one was the title track and closing number for a reason. "filth and dreams" perfectly sums up the entire album and lyrically, it reflects me too. I wanted a song that tapped into the mindset of the majority of today's youth but could also work in a number of different ways. On the surface, this is a love song about wanting happiness and total bliss despite outside interference. It also has a deeper meaning of just wanting a better future for us all. We all deserve to live a happy life, as hippy-dippy as that sounds. We're running on an ancient system and something's gotta give. In order for things to change and be rebuilt, everything must come down first. This is about wanting that change, going against the grain and doing the best you can in the hope that it will work out for the better. There's always fear and uncertainty when you do things that are unconventional, that aren't the status quo. "filth and dreams" is equally sad as it is hopeful. You want to push on and be that change, that exception to the rule but maybe the others around you don't have the tools to let you survive."

"I took a jump and leap of faith when making this record. I'm studying music and sound technology at university. Writing, recording and producing your own album while you're entering your final year of a course isn't a conventional thing to do, even if it is related to what you're studying but, hey, that's me! This final song and entire album is all about being yourself: living, taking risks, experimenting, making mistakes, achieving goals, chasing dreams and having absolutely no regrets. I wanted to get things off of my chest and create art. I initially intended it just for personal use. I was eventually convinced to put it out there into the big bad world and...here we are! A risk that paid off. Never let anyone fuck with your filth and dreams."

- filth and dreams -

Didn't ask to be born into the world we live in
Cruel cities and the heartbreak more wicked
Our pink skin too soft for what we're bracing
Don't wanna be ashamed, have so many confessions
We're all a little unholy so fuck your blessings

No time for any second guessing
No time to worry about how it's ending
Just kiss me once and let the cage doors fall
Kiss me twice, I swear that we could have it all

I wanna roll around in all of our filth and dreams
I wanna steal the keys to every-fucking-thing
Murky waters but I'll take the dive, stay by your side
No looking over our shoulders this time
I wanna run with you, playing kings and queens
Reign over our own lives, we'll roll with the tide
And I hope we get it right this time

We'll never get another ride

Wanna take our time to do whatever it is we want
Bathing in sunshine while rolling around the block
Or gripping on for life as you roll and make it rock
Future is uncertain and the past seems to haunt
But we have right now and if you have it, flaunt

No time for any second guessing
No time to worry about how it's ending
Just kiss me once and let the cage doors fall
Kiss me twice, I swear that we could have it all

I had a dream once
It was so simple
Nothing but us, nothing but love
No complications, no Monday blues
Our minds, they soared free
Our hearts chased our filth and dreams

I had a dream once...
It was so simple...

Can Be Compared To:
UserPostedImage

thanks 5 users thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
erich hess on 03/09/2019(UTC), snap_itshannah on 03/09/2019(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 04/09/2019(UTC), C4AJoh on 02/11/2019(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 31/07/2020(UTC)