logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Online BrownSugar  
#1 Posted : 23 July 2019 06:05:39(UTC)
BrownSugar

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19124 time(s) in 7592 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Artist: Public Warning
Title: All For You
Genre(s): Pop, R&B, Hip Hop
Length: 3:16
Writer: C.L.Alafouzos, M.Dempsey, B.Elliot, D.Harding, Z.Lyons
Producer: Rob Smith, Steven Wolf
Label: Independent - PW Recordings
From The Album: A Moveable Feast

All For You is a song by British-Irish boy band Public Warning. The track was released worldwide on July 22nd 2019 and serves as the group's third single, set to be included on their freshman album, "A Moveable Feast", due for release later this year. "All For You" is a pop/R&B song with elements of hip hop and soul and has been noted for its "funky" and "throwback" soundscape. The song contains multi-layered harmonies from the group at the beginning and end of the song as well as in the background during the chorus. Public Warning vocalise as a five piece harmonic group with each member having a designated role and unique tone, blending their combination of tenor and baritone voices to form a solid harmony. Beau Elliot serves as the lead singer. Elliot again drives the majority of the track with Alafouzos and Dempsey taking on other sections, respectively. This marks the first single release that includes three members singing prominently. The track was produced by Rob Smith and Steven Wolf and written by all five members of the band. Lyrically, the song is about trying to salvage a relationship and asking for redemption after a fight, hoping to prove themselves in the process.

"All For You" is heavily inspired by the 1990's. While the majority of their work takes inspiration from that era, this track leans far more towards an urban and hip hop sound than the rest of their material, with chest pounding beats, a slick bass and layered harmonies. The original demo of the song sampled the beat of De La Soul's "Eye Know" but had to be reworked as they failed to gain clearance for the use of the track. The song opens with the boys harmonising a hook which is repeated. Backing singers Zander Lyons and Declan Harding have no solo segments but are included in the harmony section with Lyons giving the top note and Harding providing the bass, respectively. Beau Elliot dominates the track, utilising his powerful yet smooth voice over an R&B beat that suits his silky tone. Carter Lee sings the pre-chorus segments in his signature husky and raspy voice while Myles offers up the second verse in his "sweet" and "tender" vocals.

Speaking on the track, band member Carter Lee Alafouzos had this to say;

Quote:
"We really love and enjoy "All For You". It definitely shakes things up a little on our album. It still fits in with our soulful 90's sound but this one is a lot funkier and a little more uptempo. A lot of the songs that we do are very understated, rather moody and dark in tone. "All For You" has a little bit more bite and attitude to it. I love that bassline in it! We originally sampled another song but couldn't get it clear so our boys Rob Smith and Steven Wolf put together something that was in the same vein to fit the melody we had and...we just fell in love. Even better than our original idea. It went from being a cool track to "no, this HAS to be a single". The song idea was born out of Beau and his girlfriend Lexi falling out. Beau's had a...troubled life...and sometimes makes the wrong choices that rubs people up the wrong way but he has a good heart, always tries and makes sure to learn from his mistakes. He sat us down and said that he wanted to write about realising when you've "majorly f****d up", in his words words, and getting onto the road to redemption. It's a great song. I'm glad Beau is messy."

Critical reception of "All For You" has been mainly positive thus far. Unlike their first two singles, the track was not sent out select media outlets as part of a promotional five track album sampler in early March 2019, having no reviews prior to its official release. Alexis Goodwin of The Guardian classified "All For You" as a "beautifully-crafted impenetrable pop song". Sam Lansky of the website Idolator opined that Beau Elliot gives "an extraordinary vocal performance" while praising the "watertight harmonies" of the group and their ability to "pull off the throwback shtick while keeping it simultaneously modern and exciting". Kyle Anderson of Entertainment Weekly opined that Public Warning succeeded in "meeting the bar where they set it with their first two releases and then pushing the envelope just a little more". He also branded the band as "effortlessly cool" and commended their ability to make "such breezy yet meaty pop tunes". In a more mixed review, James Roberson of Digital Spy gave the song 3 out of 5 stars and branded it as "disposable" as well as "a pretty good song on its own but a sub-par offering from an act like Public Warning". Adam Compton of The Visitor echoed similar thoughts, stating that "for a band that has given us two of the best, most creative pop singles in years, the US radio-baiting hip hop of "All For You" ultimately falls flat in comparison".

All For You

All
Beau
Carter
Declan
Myles
Zander

It's all for you, ooh, ooh, ooh

Don't you leave me out here brokenhearted
Don't you run away from all of this
Don't finish the good thing that we started
I still have high hopes and underneath it, you know
Nobody loves quite as hard as we do
You already know it's all for you, ooh, ooh, ooh

Day by day, am I slowly losing my mind?
I'm thinking of ways to wrestle the tides
All my vital signs keep on failing
Now I'm dancing towards the end of the line
Wanna make it right but I think I'm outta time

This heavy heart of yours, tethers me to the floor
Mine needs the beat of yours, warm me to the core
As the days pass out in the cold, I fall down furthermore
Can we shake the pride and end our civil war?

I still have high hopes, don't deliver a low blow

Seasons will change and time will pass us by
Still I won't let up, so hard for me to let it die
You're my IV, the drug I'm needing
I'm spiralling, my hands inches away from the fire
Wanna turn it back around, sit on the edge of desire

This heavy heart of yours, tethers me to the floor
Mine needs the beat of yours, warm me to the core
As the days pass out in the cold, I fall down furthermore
Can we shake the pride and end our civil war?

Reach out and touch me, if you really want me to beg
Talk to me, say everything that needs to be said
Give me honesty, you know it has to work both ways
Tell me anything that you want, your desires, I'll make it work
It's all for you

Can Be Compared To:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

thanks 4 users thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
erich hess on 23/07/2019(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 23/07/2019(UTC), snap_itshannah on 23/07/2019(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 31/07/2020(UTC)