logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#1 Posted : 06 January 2020 05:05:23(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)

UserPostedImageUserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Name: "Evolve"
Album: Lost in Electronica
Recorded: Fall 2019
Writer/Composer: Stephanie Fierce
Producer: Max Martin, Stephanie Fierce (co-producer)
Length: 4:01
Genres: Pop
Release: January 5, 2020 (Digital Download, Airplay, Streaming)
Record Label: Hot Eye Records

Official Artwork:

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

"Evolve" is the lead single off Stephanie Fierce's 9th studio album "Lost in Electronica" released on January 5, 2020 under her independent imprint Hot Eye Records. The song's sound is a departure from Fierce's more complex experimental sound and marks a return to Fierce's more mainstream pop sound. The song is also the first single to be released by Fierce in 5 years making it the longest Fierce has gone without releasing new music. The song was written by Stephanie Fierce in late September at Roxy Recording Studios located in Los Angeles, CA which is co-owned by Max Martin. The song was written with no demo made for inspiration. The song's lyrics talk about a heartbroken individual who seeks love and affection on the dance floor of a nightclub. The powerful feeling and chemistry you get when you're dancing with a stranger which evolves to something deeper and stronger turning something so painful, with something with more impact. The song also contains a rap verse which resembles the styling of Fierce's Stephy rap persona. A music video was also shot in advance to coincide with the release of the song. The music video is directed by Hannah Lux Davis.

"Wrote the song in about 25 minutes. It was one of the last songs I wrote for the album actually, so it's interesting that it stuck out to me as the lead single because I had two other songs in mind. I really just wanted to write something fun and flirty but the song really does have a subtle meaning behind it as well. Evolve is about growing through pain and coming out stronger from a situation that doesn't seem like the most meaningful. I just want to make people feel really good. I didn't intend on doing a rap verse on this song because it's so glossy and soft but I felt like it needed some edge because that's a part of my personality. I'm never just 100 percent soft".

Snippet of the song's lyrics:

"Feel it in my heart, feel it in my bones
not so far apart but somehow all alone
I want to get out of this
so can we get out of this
Tired of being alone, sitting in my throne

I'm loving the energy,
loving this synergy
this feeling's killing me
but I want more
Didn't even notice
We're growing like a lotus
think we are evolving
Right.on.this.dance.floor"

Recording, Producing and Mixing

The song was recorded late September at the Fierce Recording Studios which is located in her home in New York, New York. Fierce took about 6 hours to record all elements of the song and then sent them to Max Martin for production and mixing. Max Martin took matters into his own hands with the production of the song without Fierce's initial input. This is the first time Fierce was not involved in initial co-production of one of her own songs.

"Recording the song without actually hearing the production was very difficult and I never have done that before. I just pictured the song being very pop friendly and sung like that. I was excited to see what Max Martin would come up with. I took major inspiration from Gwen Steffani and Daft Punk and that's something I told Max to keep in mind. It's an unusual mix of inspiration but it worked out so well in the end especially with the song's sound". - Stephanie Fierce

"Fierce entrusted in me to take over production of the song, we just didn't have the time to be in the studio together but Fierce really wanted this song to become a reality. The song may seem very simple but it also has many cool elements and layers to it. Sonically the song takes references from 80's disco, early 2000's pop and even some Daft Punk influences towards the end. I think Disco is somewhat making a comeback now so the timing of this song is just pure coincidence. At the end of the day, we just wanted to produce a feel good track and Stephanie wanted to go back to the basics. Something that is easy to digest sonically" - Max Martin

After sending the recordings and layers to all of the verses she had recorded in her home over to Max Martin, he began producing the song which is an unusual and non traditional way that Fierce does a song but it worked out in ways she didn't imagine. Max Martin took about 72 hours to produce the song's consistent beat which involves swangy guitars taken from disco sounding elements. Martin send the song back to Fierce to give her approval. Fierce loved the song but felt there was something missing. The song initially did not have the outro which takes huge influences from Daft Punk. Fierce decided to add that section to the song and re-record vocals to it. Due to the fact the song doesn't have much lyrical content, Fierce decided to create humming and moaning sounds.

"When Max sent me back the track, I really couldn't believe how catchy it sounded. Everyone in the room around me was really impressed with how it sounded. They were just grooving and dancing along to it but I still felt like something was missing so I decided to add and outro to the song. Something that kind of leaves you hanging. That's when I became producer of the song because what I had in my head I don't think anyone could get on to the song." - Stephanie Fierce

After sending the song back to Max Martin, he immideately agreed with the new addition to the song and the song went from a short short 3 mintues to 4 minutes. Both Fierce and Martin worked on final mixing for the song and in the matter of one week the song was finished.

UserPostedImage

Music Video

Song: "Evolve"
Premiere Date: January 5, 2020
Directed by: Hannah Lux Davis
Produced by: Fierce Studios (Stephanie Fierce)
Filming Dates: November 1, 2, 2019
Budget: $650,000

Main Cast:

Stephanie Fierce Johnson as Stephanie Fierce
Tina Rodriguez as Fairy Godmother
Windy Williams as Madame
Sophie McShera as Step Sister #1
Holliday Grainger as Step Sister #2
Cate Blanchett as Step Sister #3
Idris Elba as Prince Charming (Cameo)
Timothee Chalamethe as Shofer Driver (Cameo)

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

The video opens up with distant views of a town that's set in a time period of the late 1600's. In the distance appears a house that houses foster children under the care of an evil step mother. The scene cuts to the inside of the home and Stephanie Fierce is seen laying down on a bed resembling Aurora from Sleeping Beauty. An "Evolve" instrumental is heard but very minimally in the background that fades in and out. The scene then cuts to a few women surrounding her. Those women happen to be her step sisters who unfortunately seem to spite her. This is a reference scene from Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty with a modern twist.

Step Sister #1 (played by Sophie McShera): "Is she?..."

Step Sister #2 (played by Holliday Grainger): "I think...she's dead". *All Step sisters gasps dramatically*

Step Sister #3 (played by Cate Blanchett): "And only true loves first kiss will wake her up. " *All Step sisters laugh childishly*

Step Sister #2 "Quickly someone find Timothee Chalamet"

Step Sister #1 "Um..who? *rolls eyes*

Step Sister #2 "You know.....Timothee Chalamethe's. The one who's got a wide *puts hands apart indicating large jawlines but can be taken as a sexual innuendo*

Step Sister #3 "My goodness SHUT UP!!! You are so fucking annoying. *SLAPS SISTER #2* *Sister #1 laughs at the slap*

Step Sister #2 " You didn't have to slap me you bitch!" *rubs hand on her left cheek and she pouts*

Madame: *interrupting* "QUIET!!!! What is the matter with you all! Acting like petty little children! None of you will be going to the ball this evening if you keep all this bickering up."

All Step Sisters Collectively: "Sorry Madame!"

Madame: "Now start getting ready! I have a feeling Mrs. Fierce wont be joining us this evening!" *Smiles evilly, while the sisters laugh and head to their rooms to get ready*

As Madame Williams stops yelling, she hears ruffling in the bed and dramatically turns around and is shocked to see Fierce awaken from her deep sleep. Stephanie Fierce lets out a big yawn.

Stephanie Fierce: Ooof! That had to be the best sleep I've ever had!

Madame: Imposs...

Stephanie Fierce: Don't know why I was asleep for this long *Fierce looks around confused and then notices the clock* Oh my goodness!! the ball, its only three hours away!

Madame: *interrupts* That is right! And this house has yet to be cleaned my darling. Now how you doin?

Stephanie Fierce: Oh no, mother please! I've been..

Madame: It's madame! I'm truly very sorry but unless this house is fully cleaned without a spot on sight you can't go to the ball. You know it will take hours to clean *Smiles evilly* and it just so happen that it is your turn to the house chores.

Stephanie Fierce: Oh no worries Madame I'll get it cleaned up, I promise!

Madame: Well it looks like if you do the impossible then you can go! *Grins evilly* And don't you dare leave this house without it fully cleaned or you best believe I'll lock you in your room for the rest of sorry pathetic little life.

Stephanie Fierce: Yes madame!

The scene then cuts out to Stephanie Fierce who is now portraying Cinderella in a old fashioned maid outfit. Evolve begins playing normally as Stephanie Fierce begins to clean with a feather duster incorporating choreography. The dancing is minimal but flirty and silly mimicking moves of a princess. She comically does a twerk while sweeping with her broom. As she's cleaning smalls birds are seen in the background flying into the house. Fierce puts a gold chain on one of them and pecks a kiss. The birds proceed to go under Fierce's arms and fly her around the room as Fierce lips to the songs chorus. Throughout this scene Fierce is seen cleaning various room looking worn out and dirty. Looking at the clock it seems like she's no where near finished. With the help of her magical animals she's presented with all rooms cleaned. However, she has nothing to wear for the ball and heads out to the balcony where she's seen crying. As she steps out to the balcony she notices a shining light that grows bigger and bigger and out comes her fairy god mother. At this point the music stops right before the rap verse. Stephanie Fierce lets out a loud screams as she is now confronted with her fairy god mother.

Stephanie Fierce: You...you're....you're (Wiping tears)

Fairy Godmother: Your fairy god mother? Yes! My darling! Whom were you expecting?

Stephanie Fierce: My apologies. (Fierce says in embarrassment)

Fairy Godmother: Pull it together wont you! You are Stephanie Fierce! You were destined for slay! wig snatching! Fierceness! *Fierce is seen smiling as she wipes the remaining tears on her face* Now that's more like it! Now you didn't think I'd let you go out to the ball looking like that did you? (Fierce smiles confused)

A magical dust is seen surrounding Steph and fierce's dirty maid outfit is turned into a beautiful sparkled designed dress. Her worn out shoes then magically turn into glass stilettos and a diamond crusted Ferrari F8 Tributo is comically seen waiting outside.

Fairy Godmother: You have also ride in style (Winks as Timothee Chalamethe is briefly seen showing off the new car) One small detail, make sure your ass is back home before the clock strikes midnight my dear!Remember, reality sometimes holds more value than a fairy tale dream. Enjoy this moment but don't let it overtake you!

The Fairy God Mother smiles leaving Fierce confused with her quote and then disappears into the air. The song then cuts back in and the rapping verse begins.The rapping verse features Stephanie Fierce in a long braided ponytail style resembling a mixture of Rapunzel and Cinderella with her new dress and glass stilettos. In this scene we see a more confident Fierce, as she swings her long ponytail around doing more seductive dance moves. The magical animals are seen dancing behind her as Fierce struts out the house and gets into her new car and pulls away. As she pulls up the ball a red carpet is layed out in front of her and many people are stunned to see Stephanie Fierce who is almost unrecognizable with her beautiful new dress and stilettos. Fierce mouths the words with confidence as she makes her way into the dance room where a Prince (played by Idris Elba) is seen overlooking the dance floor. He can't help but notice Fierce and makes his way to her. Unfortunately, Fierce notices the clock in the ballroom is 5 minutes from midnight hour. Frightened by this she begins to run out of the ballroom stairs resulting in one of her stiletto heels to slip out. With very little time Fierce continues to run.

The interlude portion of the song features cut out scenes of all the princesses Stephanie Fierce portrays in their different outfits and hairstyles. One particular new scene is seen of Stephanie Fierce portraying snow white, 8 dwarfs are seen feeding her grapes as she lays does minimal dance moves with her body. As she runs out she doesn't see her car that brought her to the ball so she begins to run out into the forest. She falls to the ground unconscious after what appears a spell is put on her. The scene features a birds eye view shot of Stephanie Fierce lying on the floor where leaves are seen around her. The camera comes in closer to he face and the scene fades out to black. "To be Continued" is seen on the screen and the music video comes to an end.

UserPostedImage
An insight from all the key people that made the music video special.

Director (Hannah Lux Davis)

"We want to inspire the younger generation with this video. We all love to see a glow up moment and that's what this video is. We took that emotion and presented in the video through humor and wholesomeness. You get to see all different sides of Fierce, you see the humble-naive, feisty-diva and then the matured Steph that is today. I think this is the most lighthearted video I've seen her do and it's so admirable."

Set Designer (Jennifer Stock)

"We built all these immersive sets and we were given a descent budget so this is pretty much any set designers dream. But more money, more responsibility . It's very clear that Fierce takes her craft serious because these sets are not cheap to build. Sometimes space can limit production but Fierce owns a huge warehouse that she bought this year. It took us three weeks to build all of the sets and to meet the standards that Fierce wanted them".

Choreographer (Brian Freedman)

"As far as choreography goes for this video, it's very feminine, flirty and fun. We're used to seeing Steph really going hard with choreo in a lot of her music videos but with this video its a little more tame but fun at the same time. There's certain new signature moves that you see in the video that add on to the sexiness of the outfits. We focused on imitating real life Disney princesses but also giving them an edge. We took inspiration from musicals as well, this music video almost feels like a musical with all the acting and dancing. I even had to the pleasure to develop choreography for the CGI characters. That's something I've never done before (laughs)".

Stylist (Britt Bardo)

"There are a lot of looks in this video that are exciting! Steph had certain looks in mind and I had mine which were a bit traditional. So we kind of merged our ideas and created these sexy princess looks that are more fitting for Fierce's persona and are more elevated. As far as fashion we want the fans to really get excited about these different outfits. Each princess that Fierce emulates has her own distinct look but we didn't want to get sued by Disney (chuckles). Even the maid attire from Cinderella is sexy but also humble and pays tribute to the original. I think the most exciting piece in the entire video is the glass stilettos that her Fairy godmother presents her with. It's a classic signature look from Fierce but with a Cinderella spin to it. The stilettos are actually made of glass and had to be custom made to Fierce's exact feet. You probably can retail those glass stilettos at 10 to 15k. They weren't cheap to make and design".

Special Effects (Thomas Wilding)

"I worked on the Avengers movie (chuckles) so going from Superheroes to princesses is kind of crazy I gotta admit. So this is actually my first music video as well. This is the first music video that features live action CGI to the caliber that we're presenting it which is really expensive to make but luckily only about 35%-40% of the 5-6 minute video features it. We're also on a time crunch, one week to be exact to get a final edit in. I like this kind of pressure and I like to see that Fierce is pushing the envelope in music videos even this far into her career".

Producer (Stephanie Fierce)

"I wanted to give my fans something fun and lighthearted. It's the essence of this album. I had this video imagined in my head for years but I didn't know how to execute it. It's all about timing. It's also about the message and making a statement. This era is not about being angry and rebellious. This era is about celebrating yourself, your come up, and having fun. It's very refreshing to take direction from a female director as well. We need to see more women behind the lenses, it's so empowering".

Sounds Like:

Edited by user 06 January 2020 08:00:48(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 6 users thanked stephaniewazhere for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 06/01/2020(UTC), erich hess on 06/01/2020(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 06/01/2020(UTC), snap_itshannah on 06/01/2020(UTC), freestylechamp on 11/01/2020(UTC), chaotic_princess on 10/06/2020(UTC)
Offline TishaJackson!!!!  
#2 Posted : 10 January 2020 13:52:39(UTC)
TishaJackson!!!!

Was thanked: 1322 time(s) in 637 post(s)
Tisha: Things she did... THAT!

OOC: You did that Daniel! I thoroughly enjoyed this from start to end. Well written!
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

thanks 1 user thanked TishaJackson!!!! for this useful post.
stephaniewazhere on 11/01/2020(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#3 Posted : 12 January 2020 08:11:45(UTC)
BrownSugar

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19122 time(s) in 7592 post(s)
Dustyn: Yayy!! So happy to hear new music from you. Feels like it's been a lifetime. I really loved the video too. What a comeback!! I can't wait for the album, queen! x

OOC: Great to see you back and especially with an in depth music video RP too. We don't see many of those any more. Keep up the great work :)
UserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

thanks 1 user thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
stephaniewazhere on 12/01/2020(UTC)
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#4 Posted : 13 January 2020 09:10:49(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)
Originally Posted by: TishaJackson!!!! Go to Quoted Post
Tisha: Things she did... THAT!

OOC: You did that Daniel! I thoroughly enjoyed this from start to end. Well written!

ooc: Thank you! I honestly forgot how to RP and format everything so it was a bit challenging getting it to the standards that I like it to be but it means even more that you enjoyed it!

Originally Posted by: BrownSugar Go to Quoted Post
Dustyn: Yayy!! So happy to hear new music from you. Feels like it's been a lifetime. I really loved the video too. What a comeback!! I can't wait for the album, queen! x

OOC: Great to see you back and especially with an in depth music video RP too. We don't see many of those any more. Keep up the great work :)

Stephanie Fierce: Thank you Dustyn! Your support means everything to me!

OOC: Thank you so much 😊 I’m excited to be back! I’m happy to see a little more action around here as well! We all need to keep the ball dolling!