logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#1 Posted : 24 June 2009 10:46:56(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)
I have to say Ciara is bringing her game up. But Beyonce will always be my favorite!

Look at Ciara's new music video "Work" it is so good.

Edited by user 24 June 2009 10:47:30(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline bikz  
#2 Posted : 24 June 2009 23:50:20(UTC)
bikz

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman

Was thanked: 94 time(s) in 78 post(s)
I saw Ciara live .... I think she was OK. Not great, but OK.

As for Beyoncé - call me mad, but I'm having a listen to "I Am Sasha Fierce" on Napster (not got it, just giving it a chance), and it's taken me by surprise - this is actually rather good. I'm still not keen on her voice when she's moaning over the top, but she doesn't do that so much now, the songs I've heard so far are good. Also, despite not hearing her song before I wrote it and the lyric and instrument plan being completely different, the tune of her song "Halo" is quite similar to the song I wrote of the same name. Creepy. (Heh, Fiercey in RP would be happy with that!)

Edited by user 25 June 2009 00:05:39(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
There is only one Rockstar Game - and it's your home! <-- still true (:
joshy, neon bras and full frontal neck nuzzling | blacked out by sean smith's neck | startled by joshy's furry presence
Offline Lepelbos  
#3 Posted : 24 June 2009 23:56:52(UTC)
Lepelbos

stephaniewazhere wrote:
I have to say Ciara is bringing her game up. But Beyonce will always be my favorite!

Look at Ciara's new music video "Work" it is so good.

Never heard of her, but after watching that vid: wow its a parody on music.
B O S L E P E L R E C O R D S
NEW ALBUMS

UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage
#4 Posted : 25 June 2009 00:01:35(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Lepelbos wrote:

You just don't understand hip-hop, this is dance club hit. Nothing meaninful about the ong but hey I excersice with this song and it "works".
#5 Posted : 25 June 2009 00:03:04(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

bikz wrote:
I saw Ciara live .... I think she was OK. Not great, but OK.

As for Beyoncé - call me mad, but I'm having a listen to "I Am Sasha Fierce" on Napster (not got it, just giving it a chance), and it's taken me by surprise - this is actually rather good. I'm still not keen on her voice when she's moaning over the top, but she doesn't do that so much now, the songs I've heard so far are good. Also, despite not hearing her song before I wrote it and the lyric and instrument plan being completely different, the tune of her song "Halo" is quite similar to the song I wrote of the same name. Creepy. (Heh, Fiercey in RP would be happy with that!)

I so agree with you. I saw Ciara live at the Scream Fest Tour and she isn;t that good fo a singer but at dancing Ciara kills it.
Offline bikz  
#6 Posted : 25 June 2009 00:26:12(UTC)
bikz

Woman

I don't understand hip-hop either then - all this "in da club come on step to da beatz" or whatever is just overused and annoying. I don't like the song in the video at all. (Though I do like her jeans.) Ciara appeared to be singing live when I saw her, which I respect, but she's still a noob in the industry (I think?) and has a LONG way to go.
UserPostedImage
joshy, neon bras and full frontal neck nuzzling | blacked out by sean smith's neck | startled by joshy's furry presence
#7 Posted : 25 June 2009 00:30:02(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

bikz wrote:
I don't understand hip-hop either then - all this "in da club come on step to da beatz" or whatever is just overused and annoying. I don't like the song in the video at all. (Though I do like her jeans.) Ciara appeared to be singing live when I saw her, which I respect, but she's still a noob in the industry (I think?) and has a LONG way to go.

The hip-hop thing, I don't knwo about that. But yeah she is a noob and that's why I'm starting to like her because I feel like she has a lot to offer in the future. I mean Beyonce has done did it all I don't think it could get any better than that for her. What a lot of pople here think that I'm a mayor Beyonce fan and I am fan but not like you think.
Offline Lepelbos  
#8 Posted : 25 June 2009 01:07:48(UTC)
Lepelbos

stephaniewazhere wrote:
Lepelbos wrote:

You just don't understand hip-hop, this is dance club hit. Nothing meaninful about the ong but hey I excersice with this song and it "works".

Just buy a drumcomputer then. This vid is just terrible. Someone with an evening dress in a saltmine, or whatever, in a sand mine. Into the schredder with it. Im sorry.
And indeed, i dont understand hip hop at all. I dont want to. Its all about gangs, tits, fights, cars, bracelets, pussy. Its all so negative. Why dont black people, take black artists from the 60's (Jazz, soul) as an example. They would be proud of them. In that days they were very creative. But now, lately, that hip hop scene, its bloody awefull. Miles Davis rules.
NEW ALBUMS

Offline xNightsidex  
#9 Posted : 25 June 2009 01:20:12(UTC)
xNightsidex

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 20 post(s)
I prefer Beyonce to Ciara (obviously, little surprise in that), and yeah that's logical because of the amount of experience she's had over Ciara. Plus I guage it on that Beyonce has more talent to her in singing and dancing than Ciara does, really.
#10 Posted : 25 June 2009 01:23:23(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Lepelbos wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:
Lepelbos wrote:

Why dont black people, take black artists from the 60's (Jazz, soul) as an example. They would be proud of them. In that days they were very creative. But now, lately, that hip hop scene, its bloody awefull. Miles Davis rules.

oh hell naw you did not just go there with racism and yes your being racist don't try to come up with something or an excuse to what you said because I'm not going to believe you. Your racist and I cnalt stand racist people. I'm sorry but can a mod take care of this becaue this shouldn't be allowed.

Your definitely ignorant in what you said. Hip hop can be about all those stuff but you would never understand, especially if you are not from America.

Can we please get back on topic, I don't want this thread to be about hip-hop, I wan it to be about Ciara and Beyonce. Enough with the racism and the genre put downs.

Edited by user 25 June 2009 01:25:21(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#11 Posted : 25 June 2009 01:29:33(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

xNightsidex wrote:
I prefer Beyonce to Ciara (obviously, little surprise in that), and yeah that's logical because of the amount of experience she's had over Ciara. Plus I guage it on that Beyonce has more talent to her in singing and dancing than Ciara does, really.

I agree with you onthe singing but the dancing Ciara does it better, But Beyonce can sing and dance at the same time so it all balances out I guess.
Offline Lepelbos  
#12 Posted : 25 June 2009 01:45:09(UTC)
Lepelbos

stephaniewazhere wrote:
Lepelbos wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:
Lepelbos wrote:

Why dont black people, take black artists from the 60's (Jazz, soul) as an example. They would be proud of them. In that days they were very creative. But now, lately, that hip hop scene, its bloody awefull. Miles Davis rules.

oh hell naw you did not just go there with racism and yes your being racist don't try to come up with something or an excuse to what you said because I'm not going to believe you. Your racist and I cnalt stand racist people. I'm sorry but can a mod take care of this becaue this shouldn't be allowed.

Your definitely ignorant in what you said. Hip hop can be about all those stuff but you would never understand, especially if you are not from America.

Can we please get back on topic, I don't want this thread to be about hip-hop, I wan it to be about Ciara and Beyonce. Enough with the racism and the genre put downs.

Im sorry if you think im a racist. I AM NOT A RACIST. All i sayd was compared with artists as Miles Davis and a lot more, Hip Hop in these days is very agressive (sex sex sex, gangs, guns)
Calling someone a racist who is not a racist is also not allowed.
NEW ALBUMS

#13 Posted : 25 June 2009 02:10:50(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Look at Ciara's Love Sex Magic Performance in SNL, she can't sing but she can dance.
Ciara and Justin Timberlake- "Love Sex Magic Performance"
Offline bikz  
#14 Posted : 25 June 2009 05:32:14(UTC)
bikz

Woman

It doesn't really matter to me how good a dancer the musician is, when I go to a music performance, I go to see music. If I wanted to see dancing as the main event, I'd go to a dance show. (Good dancing is a nice addition though, it's like having stage effects - not necessary, but improves the show somewhat.)

Ciara's voice has been modified like crazy in that song. Live, she sounds like something completely different. To be brutally honest, I think she would be better off as a full-time dancer. She's not the best dancer I've seen, but she is very talented in that respect. But of course, there's more money in music ....

Back to my thoughts on Beyoncé. I downloaded half of "I Am Sasha Fierce". There's 16 tracks. The first eight I really like, the other half didn't impress me one bit. It's as if she's trying to appeal to two completely different audiences. One contains me, the other doesn't.

Edited by user 25 June 2009 05:35:25(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
#15 Posted : 25 June 2009 05:39:20(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Thats true but, music isn't about singing either.
Offline xNightsidex  
#16 Posted : 25 June 2009 05:48:53(UTC)
xNightsidex

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 20 post(s)
bikz wrote:
It doesn't really matter to me how good a dancer the musician is, when I go to a music performance, I go to see music. If I wanted to see dancing as the main event, I'd go to a dance show. (Good dancing is a nice addition though, it's like having stage effects - not necessary, but improves the show somewhat.)

Ciara's voice has been modified like crazy in that song. Live, she sounds like something completely different. To be brutally honest, I think she would be better off as a full-time dancer. She's not the best dancer I've seen, but she is very talented in that respect. But of course, there's more money in music ....

Back to my thoughts on Beyoncé. I downloaded half of "I Am Sasha Fierce". There's 16 tracks. The first eight I really like, the other half didn't impress me one bit. It's as if she's trying to appeal to two completely different audiences. One contains me, the other doesn't.

Probably intention. Something for everyone and all that?
#17 Posted : 25 June 2009 06:09:19(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

To tell you the truth I only like 7 songs on the album
"Single Ladies", "Halo", "Sweet Dreams"," Ave Maria", "Broken-hearted Girl" "Smash In to You" "Disapear", the rest are just crap especially "Video Phone" It is the worst song Beyonce has ever done. I can't stand "Diva" as well is very annoying and the rest are just boring and wack. "If I were A boy is dumb", I hate the song.

Edited by user 25 June 2009 07:32:50(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline bikz  
#18 Posted : 25 June 2009 07:18:35(UTC)
bikz

Woman

Only like 8 songs as I said. "If I Were A Boy", "Halo", "Disappear", "Broken-Hearted Girl", "Ave Maria", "Smash Into You", "Satellites" and "That's Why You're Beautiful" are good. The rest is total pap. If I did get the CD, at least Beyoncé conveniently put the songs I like together at the beginning, and I can skip over the end. Nice of her! :P
UserPostedImage
#19 Posted : 25 June 2009 07:37:29(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Lets talk about Ciara's album.
Offline Chimp Records  
#20 Posted : 25 June 2009 08:04:13(UTC)
Chimp Records

Beyonce and Ciara would make a good scene :))
UserPostedImage UserPostedImage
Artists Signed To Chimp Records:

Moonwalkers
Raven
Meta
Lycant
Delirium
Eclipse
MC Donalds