logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Famouss7x7  
#1 Posted : 10 March 2020 04:45:55(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)

UserPostedImage
Artists: Nick Urie
Release Date: March 8th, 2020
Genre: Pop, Pop-Rock
Format: CD Single, Digital Download, 7” Single
Producers: Julian Bunetta
Songwriters: Nicholas Urie
Album: The First Time

“Cupid” is the official debut single released by recording artist Nick Urie. Cupid will be released on February 27th,2019 from Nick Urie’s debut EP entitled “The First Time”. Cupid serves as the first official single by the 18 year old songwriter after entering the music business just earlier this year as the fresh faced younger brother of fellow musician's James Urie, Maddie Urie and Matt Urie. The record was written sololey by Nicholas Urie and was produced by by Julian Bunetta while recording for Nick Urie's debut EP was taking place.

Leading up the release of "Cupid", Nick Urie entered the music industry earlier this year. Prior to the his official music annoucement, the young musician spent most of his years writing music. It wasn't until his parents felt he was old enough and finished with high school, that he would follow in the footsteps of his older siblings. In January of 2020, Nick Urie was featured on "FADER" as an artist to "look out for" prompting some attention to be shift to the up and coming star. The FADER feature garnered Nick a social media following that continues to grow quickly. Over the next few weeks Nick began teasing new music and captioned one specific photo stating "get ready for me", which earned Nick thousands of likes. In ate January, Nick started an soundcloud account and posted some demos of earlier works from studio session back at home which gave listeners a tease of his fresh, crisp vocals that Nick is surely to become known for now that he's set release an EP later this year. Cupid was recorded in late 2019 with producer Julian Bunetta and finished in January. Nick made sure to take his time while writing and recording the record because he knew that he had extra pressure on him to deliver a quality track. The song was recorded in the U.K and was "inspired by Brit-pop". Cupid was officially announced on February 27th on Instagram and Twitter and will impact radio stations on Sunday.

"Cupid" is a pop record with some alternative undertones. The song talks about being "shot by cupid" and falling head over heels for another individual. Essentially, it's the perfect love song and focuses on Cupid's "arrow" being in "in the heart of mine". The song opens up with silky acoustics. The guitar riffs really set the tone for the song and rides along with mid-tempo beginning of the song that is rather reminicient of 90's Brit-pop. Nick's crisp, light vocals mixed perfectly with the guitar riffs and smooth backing beat and it doesn't take long before the song picks up. After the opening lines of the tracks over the calm guitar infused beats, that speaks about sharing a kiss with his love interest, the song unleashes into the pre-chorus that has Nick really shine vocally. He sings about saying goodbye and goodnight, because he'll be in their dreams tonight. The song doesn't take long to break into it's big chorus, where Nick sings (Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah)|(Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah) repeatedly over a big backing beat that includes synths, drums, and guitars. The chorus stands out because it takes off right after the pre-chorus and can take the listener by surprise. The second chorus speaks about the love interest and even hints at sex when Nick sings "That we that made one with each other /Heart beating like no other /Nothing like the first time /Nothing like the first time which sounds like losing virginity. The record clearly doesn't try to be entirely PG and speaks about things that come with falling deeply with someone. The chorus unleashes once more and the beats slow down for the bridge where Nick sings about how slow time goes when he's not with this significant other. The guitar beats speed up once more and the track unleashes into it's chorus once more until the song comes to a finish.

Quote:
You know, it's crazy that I'm finally releasing my debut single. I'm extremely nervous about it but I'm really happy with it. The song talks about Cupid and love and I must say...this song is a true story. And the fact that it's a true story really helps connect with it even more. Just one night, I let my heart flow and wrote how I was feeling and here it was, my debut record. I hope people enjoy this and I'm excited for the world to know more about me. There's so much more to come. My debut EP, "The First Time", is dropping soon!

Cupid’s arrow is your eyes
They struck me and I touched the skies
Took my hand
Held it tight
Were were reminiscing through the night.
Never wanting to say goodbye

Nothing like that last time
That we shared a kiss in the room of the boys house
Or the first time, that you caught me staring into your eyes
Had me so high, never wanting to come down
Just want your heart beating with mine

So say goodbye and say goodnight
But I’ll be waiting in your dreams tonight
Hold me close and hold me tight
And I’ll always be there by your side
(Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah)
(Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah)
(Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah)
(Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah)
Yeah, 'Cupid’s arrow in this heart of mine
(Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah)
'Cupid’s arrow in this heart of mine

And I die
When I look into your eyes
I just can’t seem to catch up with the time
No matter how I try, try to kill the time
My thoughts keep going back to days with you
Got me so high, never wanting to come down
Just want your heart beating with mine

Nothing like the first time
That your eyes locked with mine
Lip lock as we soared through the night
Nothing like the last time
That we that made one with each other
Heart beating like no other

So so say goodbye and say goodnight
(Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah)
(Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah)
(Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah)

You don’t know
That when you go
The days pass by so slow,
And the weeks go by
One day at a time
But I just can’t seem to get you off my mind

We say goodbye and we say goodnight
(Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah)
(Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah)
(Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah)

SOUNDS LIKE:

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 9 users thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
erich hess on 10/03/2020(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 10/03/2020(UTC), BrownSugar on 10/03/2020(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 10/03/2020(UTC), snap_itshannah on 12/03/2020(UTC), Atonic Records on 13/03/2020(UTC), C4AJoh on 11/04/2020(UTC), FiveT on 03/05/2020(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 31/07/2020(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#2 Posted : 12 March 2020 01:56:13(UTC)
BrownSugar

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19117 time(s) in 7588 post(s)
Carter Lee: The TALENT!! Loving the throwback styling. Can't wait for the EP, sweetie x

OOC: Great work here! Love the lyrics and the style. Always love seeing new work being dropped on here, especially from new characters :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

thanks 1 user thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
Famouss7x7 on 12/03/2020(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#3 Posted : 30 March 2020 07:52:25(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
Originally Posted by: BrownSugar Go to Quoted Post
Carter Lee: The TALENT!! Loving the throwback styling. Can't wait for the EP, sweetie x

OOC: Great work here! Love the lyrics and the style. Always love seeing new work being dropped on here, especially from new characters :)

Nick Urie: Fun Fact - you were the first person to hear this song for very obvious reasons. Thank you -sweetie x

OOC: Thank you! :P
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 30/03/2020(UTC)
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#4 Posted : 31 March 2020 04:45:43(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 3949 time(s) in 1347 post(s)
Amy-Jayne: Aww this song is so cute and I totally get the message of this song, sometimes you can definitely just be slapped in the face by the certain someone.

Ooc - Absolutely adore the lyrics to this, so well crafted!
UserPostedImage