logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline 2001clay  
#1 Posted : 25 April 2020 15:38:29(UTC)
2001clay

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 3546 time(s) in 1270 post(s)
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Meet Tika Mays the first artist to be in the Big Diamond Records

iHeartRadio

Well Hello Tika Mays and welcome to iHeartRadio

Tika Mays

Hey and thank for having me. I meaning it my first time since I left Virgin Records

iHeartRadio

So how the Big Diamond Records Label treating u is it like a princess or just treat u like hot mess?

Tika Mays

Well I wouldn’t say like a hot mess they treat me like a family member even though they were hard on me but to be honest I don’t care if they hard on me I just listen and follow. That it nothing Different. (Laugh)

iHeartRadio

Well there u go there your answer. So let get to some important questions was it hard to being bullied by your look and your appearance?

Tika Mays

Yes it is and some people don’t get it I mean the way that I go through and to being bullied it kinda make me stronger after what they said to me like you never gonna make it or why would they want you to do this part and that part you know some people try to put u down and to make them feel happy and u wouldn’t believe when I said it the unthinkable but it true. So I said u wait and see and believe I let u walk all over me but I not like these ugly little pretty bitches like u so until then watch ya mouth please and after I said it without regrets they didn’t even bother me so that why I got confidence since I was like in 8th grade so when I enter in high school everything changed so yeah.
iHeartRadio

Well U show them like who the boss anyway has u been in a relationship or u just being single.

Tika Mays

Actually yes and it was a good love I mean yeah real good love but thing went like wait a minute like time out we went from Love dubby to like I hate u things so it went not good so I had to break up with before thing get toxic so we ended like a neutral so fellas I’m a single so yeah.

iHeartRadio

So who is your influence and why?

Tika Mays

Well my influence is Beyoncé,Usher,Jennifer Lopez, Stevie Wonder,Joss Stone u gotta love her soul voice & Christina Aguilera who is my biggest influence of all because whenever listening to radio I started to sing well and I try to imagine if I had my own song on the radio and Being on stage and sing that all.

iHeartRadio

So tell me about how u got sign to Virgin Records and then left after some issues going on with something and what happens to your unreleased album?

Tika Mays

Well I was doing some schoolwork to get it down which I hate schoolwork. Sorry Not Sorry. Anyway I do upload the video sometimes when I do some covers and original songs that I wrote and maybe I did some funny video as well but to be honest I didn’t know when the record label discovered me on YouTube I mean it shock me that someone like the video and that how I got this deal cuz I really been waiting for hold time so to this deal was amazing.

iHeartRadio

Oh

Tika and radio presenter both laugh about some jokes but Tika continues to talk

Tika Mays

So label and I just had a talk about album and they said u gonna fly off UK then New York and last is LA to record album I mean which it fine I just work with amazing producers which is Wyclef Jean, Pharrell Williams, Kardinal Beats, Stargate and DJ Premiers also amazing writers which is The Dream, Babyface and some other amazing writers on my album and to be honest before boyfriend can get release as single I originally want Anybody Girl to be single. Anybody girl it like u tryna be your lover and try to impress ur man but he just doesn’t see u as his lover which that’ll be a good song for women anthem bout how boys can be so for me that my favorite song but boyfriend is just too much of bubblegum pop thing. I want it something different than other people so I tell Label that I want anybody girl to be single but they rejected as a single they will prefer anybody girl to be on album instead but what they really wanna go for is boyfriend and I wasn’t happy for that choice it make me think like.... what? So I dealt with it for while and I just thinking like if this song doesn’t do the justice then oh well I guess didn’t like that song anyways & it didn't do so well in some countries so kinda please wit it kinda not so i was oh well there a another single coming and i gotta pick new song and yeah.

iHeartRadio

so after release of boyfriend and it didn't do so well like you say (laugh) do stick around with label before they even drop u or u left the label.

Tika Mays

actually i stick around to finish up my debut album cuz it gone good until the label say something about album title needed to be changed which i was oh ok they say that my title for album is gonna be not just simple girl cuz really when we look at u u don't look like one so that gonna be your new title for album. i wasn't care about title i was happy bout that title cause really i don't look like a girl next door thing i more like a innocent wild child so yeah but what really is worried me is my music and image and genres and my outfit. my style was like an pop/r&b,realest person u ever met and my outfit was a little bit expose but something to cover it up and when i hear the bad moment from label i was starting to think like oh sh*t i knew that was coming.

iHeartRadio

So what did they say about something needed to be changed of something like your image and..

Tika Mays

The image was a problem for me is they want me to be the bubblegum pop girl and change ur outfit from hot mess to look pretty and your album is gonna have new track with is a pop. Well honestly I’m not happy about that choice because I’m always Pop/r&b girl not bubblegum pop I mean if hard to see yourself as the new pop girl so I thought long and hard and I told record label of Virgin is that I not gonna do it and I wanna be released from the contract and they did and so it was hard but at the same time I’m free from Virgin Records and the album tho is shelved but some people leaked it and i didn’t even bother bout that leak stuff but what really is matter to go home to see my family and I really miss them so I still visit them sometimes I just be chillin at my home and do nothing to be honest so being independent was a little bit hard but I haven’t released independently cuz I just started so I just post on YouTube instead so yeah but when the Big Diamond Records noticed me on social media so they said we really want u to fly out from LA To NY for meeting and we want u to be our first artist to be signed their so i flew there & it please me to say that i had a single "Ready To Fly"

Edited by user 12 April 2021 07:20:15(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImageUserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

My Character:
Jade Trembay,
Ava Tuffin,
Gabby Love,
Jamel Jones,
Tamar Gilbert (TikaBKilla),
Rose Harris,
Liam Russell,
Natalie Mays,
BabyCrush
FRESH MIGUEL CA$H
Face2Face,
Murda Bling,
Cosmic Blue,
Camille Preston,
Chanel C. Fox,
Aubrey Cassidy,
Sophia Delaney,
Midnight20,
Sally Parkwood,
Tika Mays,
Diego Lopez,
Samantha Stevens,
Crescendo,
Paige Wesley,
Mr DJ Hurricane,
Keshia Love,
Stardom Boys,
Milian,
Sau'ron,
Alexis Brooke,
JasmineCharm,
Christina Moreno,
iCandy,
Slim Money,
Fatima Amari,
David Dankworth,
Ciara Lovett
thanks 5 users thanked 2001clay for this useful post.
stephaniewazhere on 29/04/2020(UTC), erich hess on 29/04/2020(UTC), FiveT on 29/04/2020(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 29/04/2020(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 01/05/2020(UTC)
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#2 Posted : 29 April 2020 04:06:21(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)

OOC: Welcome! :) for a new Roleplayer you are doing the thing! Love what you have done with Tika Mays! Looking forward to whats to come!
thanks 1 user thanked stephaniewazhere for this useful post.
2001clay on 29/04/2020(UTC)