logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline FiveT  
#1 Posted : 12 May 2020 09:30:58(UTC)
FiveT

Groups: Registered
Man
Italy

Was thanked: 3231 time(s) in 1294 post(s)
UserPostedImage

15/06/2020
Pop, Bubblegum Pop, Dance Pop, Disco Pop, Rap, Ballad, 80s'/90s' Influences
Five Pesky Kids

TRACKLIST:
1-InstaStory
2-Meet Me At Soda Pop
3-Emotions In The Moonlight
4-Heart Is A Muscle That Works Out
5-Yin & Yang (secrets)
6-Valeur
7-I Will Listen
8-That Best Something
9-Reconciliation
10-The Tribe

Squad Goals is the debut album made by The Jollies after almost one year of coming into the music industry and forming the band. Despite the line-up change during winter 2019 with Cj Frankson replaced by Fabriano Galore, the group has kept working ever since June 2019 recording their music after getting a deal by their label Five Pesky Kids run by Weekend.
Zafari Mari, David Hernandez Power, Rose Hemsworth, Natasha Stanovski and, now, Fabriano Galore went on for a year writing songs about personal experiences, ideals and thoughts especially shared as a group. The five in fact wrote the whole album together along with the various co-writers and producers, the band aimed at values like solidarity, team work and equality through their songs.
So coming together the lyrics of the song also fight any type of racism or discrimination, from body shaming to homophobia, using a good amount of feminism too and even social differences as stated in songs like 'The Tribe'.
The idea of five different individuals from different backgrounds, cultures, families and even with different personalities and own styles come together as a whole, which is what is also evident through the strong harmonization that their different 5 vocals can do. You have the strong powerhouse, rocky vocals of soprano Natasha or The rappy, loud and strong 'black' manly vocals of Zafari, The sweet but pleasing and well extended vocals of Rose, The jazzy raspy voice of David with his strong character and personality or the very low tone of Fabriano who can surely sound as a perfect foundation to all the other vocals and knows how to sound deep. So what's also important to note is that they seem to know what vocals fit best for what mood and what parts in a song, like a very sweet melodic ballad like 'Emotions In The Moonlight' seem to give the lead to Rose's pleasing vocals or something edgier like 'Heart Is A Muscle That Workouts' seem to give the right parts to each one of the group adapting the pace to the different vocals.
But vocal coachs may not be the only satisfied people to hear the album, in fact people who love poetry or who are looking for nice lyrics to relate to can listen to the album as the five perfectly co-worked together on writing the songs. Each one adding their own style to make them tracks unique, you can tell the taste in musicals and theatre of Rose who mostly write the ballads and make them sound like a romantic teathrical piece, or the rap parts and 'Slang' words obviosuly invented by the funky Zafari. More eccentric lines were written by David or strong words and sentences by Natasha, leaving Fabriano maybe a little as being the last arrival to the band, but still being a good contribute as being the one who perfectionated schemes, rhymes and all wordplays.
So, even if The Jollies may look like your perfect manufactured band, the five managed to make all the best out of it and are hopeful to show that differences can make a good team and unity is strength.

Edited by user 15 June 2020 21:24:45(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

MY ACTIVE ACTS
Titans (Laurence, Jo, Martina, Den, Tanya)
Kegan Dawson - Actor, presenter, radio speaker, model, showman
Cj Frankson - Youtuber, Actor, model, showman
Rashai Mari - Model, Dj
Igor Stanovski - Russian tycoon, businessman
Claire Becker - Writer, vocal coach, presenter, radio speaker
Augusto Lincoln - Enterpreneur, model, manager
Lukas Paradiso - Model, Actor

The Jollies
Zafari Mari πŸ‘©πŸΎβ€πŸ¦², Rose Hemsworth πŸ‘©πŸ»β€πŸ¦°, David Hernandez πŸ‘±πŸ», Natasha Stanovski πŸ‘§πŸ», Fabriano Galore πŸ‘¨πŸ»

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Creating Sims content here on my YouTube channel! -----> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7Tq0J8bDFMidZWlrFK0gtQ
thanks 10 users thanked FiveT for this useful post.
AmyJayneXoX on 12/05/2020(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 12/05/2020(UTC), erich hess on 12/05/2020(UTC), snap_itshannah on 12/05/2020(UTC), BrownSugar on 12/05/2020(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 12/05/2020(UTC), 2001clay on 22/05/2020(UTC), chaotic_princess on 10/06/2020(UTC), C4AJoh on 19/06/2020(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 19/06/2020(UTC)
Offline FiveT  
#2 Posted : 12 May 2020 09:52:42(UTC)
FiveT

Man
Italy

UserPostedImage

'InstaStory' was released as the band's debut single 14th July, 2019 taking the group to success and stardom. The song was produced by Den Walnut and co-written with the whole group in which line-up there was Cj Frankson instead of Fabriano.

The song was carefully picked and used as the most representative for the sound of the group, with catchy choruses and mostly cheeky lyrics that reflect the new generation's feelings on life and on the world in general.
The lyrics being about the Instagram social network and, especially, its feature of Stories which lets a user post content with videos, images and audio lasting one 24 hours. The group based the lyrics on this feature comparing it to the fast way that most young people live in this new age, with hardly a desire of settling down for long relationships or the desire to not stay in one place for too long travelling, for example.

The structure of the song is quite simple and follows thd usual verse-bridge-chorus scheme of most Pop songs. What stands out though is the group message underlined by their energic performance in singing the song. In this new version, Zafari shows own a good presence and control of vocals, as well as a good technique in the flow of words. He owns this new version with his loud, 'black' voice which can perform on rap very easily and sounding very funky and catchy.
The two girls harmonize well, so you can quite hear one of the two, probably Rose, singing lower and softer to enhance the leading vocals of what seems to be Natasha. They put out a good job giving the chorus all the catchiness it needs to have with good notes' structure, mostly on open chords which keep the positive vibe.
The girls are eventually helped by Fabriano in the new version, who makes the perfect low tone. With the other two members at the end we have the perfect group harmonisation, which sounds like one big enchanting choir of voices that would make a listener feel like at a stadium.
Interesting to point out is the middle 8 part sung almost in a spoken way by David who only mantains the rhythm of the song in his speech but uses an husky, strong tone which captures the song energy perfectly.

LEGEND:
πŸ‘±πŸ»β€β™‚οΈDavid πŸ‘¨πŸ»Fabriano πŸ‘±πŸ»β€β™€οΈNatasha πŸ‘©πŸΎβ€πŸ¦²Zafari πŸ‘§πŸ»Rose

πŸ‘±πŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸ‘§πŸ»
(Instastory) You show me your (Instastory)
Who's seen it my (Instastory)
The way we play it
(Instastory)
The way we live it
(Instastory)

πŸ‘©πŸΎβ€πŸ¦²
One bad word, one bad day
Isn't it the way that you keep
Going on, on and on
2019 and no way
We don't keep busy
We live today
Stand by me
Stand by you

πŸ‘¨πŸ»πŸ‘©πŸΎβ€πŸ¦²
Keep it freely, My bro and sister
Keep that free, onto me
I like me, I keep that
Heart in me
If you want me, follow me
Follow we
Follow the

The way we play it
(Instastory)
The way we live it
(Instastory)
πŸ‘¨πŸ»πŸ‘±πŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸ‘§πŸ»
You seen it my (Instastory)
The way we play it
(Instastory)
The way we live it
(Instastory)

πŸ‘©πŸΎβ€πŸ¦²
Did you want, did you want me for life
Permanently, or just attached
"Forever", on the wall "you and me"
But look, the story here
It is only temporary
Sorry

πŸ‘¨πŸ»πŸ‘©πŸΎβ€πŸ¦²
Keep it freely, My bro and sister
Keep that free, onto me
I like me, I keep that
Heart in me
If you want me follow me
Follow we
Follow the

The way we play it
(Instastory)
The way we live it
(Instastory)
πŸ‘¨πŸ»πŸ‘±πŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸ‘§πŸ»
The way we play it
(Instastory)
The way we live it
(Instastory)

πŸ‘±πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ
Perdone amor, it's like boomerang
I know I've pressed play
I've done it live today
Everyone can see me bae
Like it's last day, the last day on Earth
But who cares, I'm freely happily
No filter for this, not for me
Come check my team
Jollies of a card game, anyone can be like me
Me, me, me, me...

πŸ‘©πŸΎβ€πŸ¦² You seen it my

πŸ‘±πŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸ‘§πŸ»πŸ‘±πŸ»β€β™‚οΈπŸ‘©πŸΎβ€πŸ¦²
The way we play it
(Instastory)
The way we live it
(Instastory)
πŸ‘±πŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸ‘§πŸ»πŸ‘±πŸ»β€β™‚οΈπŸ‘©πŸΎβ€πŸ¦²πŸ‘¨πŸ»
The way we play it
(Instastory)
The way we live it
(Instastory)

SOUNDS LIKE

MY ACTIVE ACTS
Rashai Mari - Model, Dj

The Jollies
Zafari Mari πŸ‘©πŸΎβ€πŸ¦², Rose Hemsworth πŸ‘©πŸ»β€πŸ¦°, David Hernandez πŸ‘±πŸ», Natasha Stanovski πŸ‘§πŸ», Fabriano Galore πŸ‘¨πŸ»

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Creating Sims content here on my YouTube channel! -----> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7Tq0J8bDFMidZWlrFK0gtQ
thanks 8 users thanked FiveT for this useful post.
AmyJayneXoX on 12/05/2020(UTC), erich hess on 12/05/2020(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 12/05/2020(UTC), snap_itshannah on 12/05/2020(UTC), BrownSugar on 12/05/2020(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 12/05/2020(UTC), C4AJoh on 19/06/2020(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 19/06/2020(UTC)
Offline FiveT  
#3 Posted : 12 May 2020 10:10:00(UTC)
FiveT

Man
Italy

UserPostedImage

"Meet Me At Soda Pop"
is the second single released on 11th May, 2020 in collaboration with Coca-Cola. The song was produced by ex Titans Den Walnut and Laurence Vega and co-written by the whole group.

The song, which is also being used by Coca-Cola and its adverts, was chosen for the bubbly and edgy feeling. It's very close to the 90s' sound but still manages to sound modern and current. With lyrics containing references to the music industry and show business in general, the group sings about a huge gathering at the 'Soda Pop', an immaginary bar that everyone can reach. Not only they allude at reaching the bar as in sort achieving thir dreams inspiring others to do so, but they as well make a reference to the current Coronavirus situation locking everyone in house. The song in fact invite everyone to reaxh the bar and escape reality to find joy and fullfilment, also alluding at the end of the virus. Soda Pop bar so turns into the happy ending place, where everyone join everyone else and unite forces together.

The song is quite simple in structure, a well harmonised choir of vocals in the chorus which is definately the distinctive part of the group, it makes you want to stand up and sing, makes you think of what it means to join others in something and feel the power of a group.
The verses sound more like build-up's or slow a little the pace of the song especially during the parts of Zafari and David. Generally the vocals sound different due to the distinctive vocals of the members of the group, but they all share the same mood of trying to leading to lift someone up.
Important notes on being the first song with Fabriano who shows a nice low tone hitting even very low vocals and gives an even stronger foundation to the harmony of the group. His voice sound so very solid and warm.
Another note are the high note hit in the final ad-libs by Natasha which really show the power of her vocals, not ever shown before. She could definately be seen as having the most powerful voice.

LEGEND:
πŸ‘±πŸ»β€β™‚οΈDavid πŸ‘§πŸ»Natasha πŸ‘©πŸΎβ€πŸ¦²Zafari πŸ‘±πŸ»β€β™€οΈRose πŸ‘¨πŸ»Fabriano

πŸ‘±πŸ»β€β™€οΈ
A single soul
Is what it takes, to run away
A simple diva
Could be just fierce, choose your dice
So monopoly, a few drinks and you are with me
πŸ‘©πŸΎβ€πŸ¦²
So one, two, three for me
I got Kiki, I got Gaga, let it be
Who's there to see?
It is B, it is Ri
Ozzy, D and Scotty bee
Oh no, it's Donald ouch
Let's escape, here we go Melanie

πŸ‘¨πŸ»
But you front, and you show
Resentment, stay alert, not out there
You'll be back
And you'll be game
The game

πŸ‘±πŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸ‘§πŸ»πŸ‘©πŸΎβ€πŸ¦²πŸ‘¨πŸ»πŸ‘±πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ
Meet me at Soda Pop tonight
Meet me there at Soda Pop, alright
Because there's nobody, nobody
I tell you nobody
Who doesn't know this place
You'll want to come for the peace
From east to west you see
So navigate to it, and close your eyes

πŸ‘±πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ
And last night I was there, and
God what a monument
El bar de papel, everyone was there
But did I recognize you, no
Even my ex
(πŸ‘©πŸΎβ€πŸ¦² uh oh)

πŸ‘¨πŸ»
But you front, and you show
Resentment, stay alert, not out there
You'll be back
And you'll be game
The game

I tell you nobody

πŸ‘©πŸΎβ€πŸ¦²
No holding back, we will be there
We will rock you there again

I tell you nobody

Meet me at Soda Pop tonight (πŸ‘§πŸ»ohh)
Because there's nobody, nobody (πŸ‘§πŸ»I, you)
I tell you nobody
You'll want to come for the peace (πŸ‘§πŸ»Come and see)

SOUNDS LIKE

MY ACTIVE ACTS
Rashai Mari - Model, Dj

The Jollies

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

erich hess on 12/05/2020(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 12/05/2020(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 12/05/2020(UTC), snap_itshannah on 12/05/2020(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 12/05/2020(UTC), 2001clay on 22/05/2020(UTC), C4AJoh on 19/06/2020(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 19/06/2020(UTC)
Offline FiveT  
#4 Posted : 12 May 2020 10:52:55(UTC)
FiveT

Man
Italy

UserPostedImage

"Emotions In The Moonlight"
was produced by ex Titans Den Walnut and Laurence Vega and co-written by the whole group and Claire Becker.

One of the last songs recorded a few weeks before finishing the album in May 2020, this is the first ballad to appear on the album. With a strong inspiration from theatrical pieces and romantic poetry, Rose was the leading mind behind the lyrics of the song which show a strong sensitive communication on the argument of love and affection. While talking about making love at night, the magic that this moment can give to a person, the feeling of the song is not too sexual, but sounds rather calm, peaceful and romantic. Two lovers are loving each other in any possible way, the two of them during a quiet night with a clear sky and a huge moon - the perfect hymn for romantics and lovers, but it doesn't stop there. The lyrics in fact make reference to a pure love, where the two are free, the presence of the friends who support you is also in this song when you can hear parts about others looking at this love and praise it, everyone can do it the same and feel it, with no distinction.

On a technical side, the song is also lead by Rose, who owns this song with her sensitivity, femininity and sweet vocals. She is soft in singing the chorus and Fabriano harmonises perfectly with his low tone and when they both harmonise it feels like a reference to the two lovers uniting together.
Important notes are also the warm vocals by David and Zafari who manage to give a little personality to the verses, not going too far but almost like introductions to the pleasant vocals of Rose and Natasha finishes the verses of the two and acts as tension bridge to Rose's vocals going a little higher with notes just to take the listener into the mood like two lovers going through that high tension before ending up on a sweet moment. The ending part with David joining the harmonisation of Rose and Fabriano raises the tension and feels like the climax moment between two lovers, especially as Natasha joins with her high notes right at the end.

LEGEND:
πŸ‘±πŸ»β€β™‚οΈDavid πŸ‘§πŸ»Natasha πŸ‘©πŸΎβ€πŸ¦²Zafari πŸ‘±πŸ»β€β™€οΈRose πŸ‘¨πŸ»Fabriano

πŸ‘©πŸΎβ€πŸ¦²
You said today how are you?
I said back, it doesn't matter, I got you
Would you want to hide the blue?
It's ok, it's that blue that was made for two
πŸ‘§πŸ» And I swear to you it's true

πŸ‘§πŸ»
Everytime they stop and stare
Everytime it feels so real
When I look at you I feel at home
When they look they wish they saw
And one day they are gonna know

πŸ‘±πŸ»β€β™€οΈ
What do they know, what do they know
How it feels in the moon glow
How it feels when you let it go
πŸ‘¨πŸ»πŸ‘±πŸ»β€β™€οΈSkin to skin, heart don't stop

πŸ‘±πŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸ‘¨πŸ»
So when you hold me do it slow
When you kiss me so tight, when you make it alright
Just you, you and me for tonight
Did you know how I kept my heart
And when you hold me lose control
No need to block or fight
You know they feel so right
All the emotions in the moonlight

πŸ‘±πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ
And if wolves will howl, will you allow
To let me in and turn off the light
It won't hide the sound of my little, brave heart
It won't ever hide when you get inside my little mind
πŸ‘§πŸ» No need to block it all out and find

πŸ‘§πŸ»
That everytime they stop and stare
Everytime someone can share
When I look at you I feel the same
Even when different, you make me content
And one day they are gonna know

πŸ‘±πŸ»β€β™€οΈ

πŸ‘±πŸ»β€β™€οΈ

πŸ‘±πŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸ‘¨πŸ»πŸ‘±πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ
πŸ‘±πŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸ‘¨πŸ»πŸ‘©πŸΎβ€πŸ¦²πŸ‘±πŸ»β€β™‚οΈAnd when you hold me lose control

πŸ‘§πŸ»πŸ‘±πŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸ‘¨πŸ»πŸ‘©πŸΎβ€πŸ¦²πŸ‘±πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ

SOUNDS LIKE

Edited by user 05 June 2020 23:27:17(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

MY ACTIVE ACTS
Rashai Mari - Model, Dj

The Jollies

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

erich hess on 12/05/2020(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 12/05/2020(UTC), snap_itshannah on 12/05/2020(UTC), BrownSugar on 12/05/2020(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 12/05/2020(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 13/05/2020(UTC), C4AJoh on 19/06/2020(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 19/06/2020(UTC)
Offline FiveT  
#5 Posted : 15 May 2020 01:48:05(UTC)
FiveT

Man
Italy

UserPostedImage

"Heart Is A Muscle That Works Out"
was produced by Claire Becker
and co-written by the whole group.

Written around June 2019, the song was one of the first pieces recorded and immediately had the magic and the chemistry of the group. Part of the lyrics were re-written and changed with the departure of Cj Frankson and the song was adapted to the new dynamic of the band.
Zafari in fact wrote his lines after the song was changed and helped making the song flow with words better, making it as fun as it is. Rose had the romantic idea about the theme of the song, as David wrote the inspiring parts helped by Natasha, who made most of the chorus. Fabriano eventually helped with melody and harmonies.
The main theme of the lyrics is pretty simple, the group talks about heartbreaks and hurt in general, it's not easy they say but it makes a person stronger, so on this concept is born the idea of the heart working out like a muscle, that tears and regenerates stronger than before.

So the song sounds easy on ears and even if not exactly a Dance Pop track, it has a positive vibe to it that easily empowers who listens. The guys with their vocals make a good job to fit with the easy melodies of the instruments and the rhythm of the drums, which follow the classic Pop pattern.
Main focus though is on the vocals, as the background instruments help the mood, but it's Rose that introduces the song perfectly, softly. It's Natasha who lifts the tension before the chorus and David does the same, only a little more in a fun way, almost trying to follow the rap of Zafari, who shows amazing skills with singing a rap adding personality to it as he laughs before finishing his verse with a spoken part, giving a certain rhythm to the song.
Fabriano sings amazingly on the harmonies and in middle 8 part, he shows off his low vocals while having the song take almost a break on the strong sound, a pause where the listener can think, taken next by the other vocals.
Last note is on the chorus, as usual the enchanting choir of a stadium is what makes this song interesting too and shows once again the magic of these five different vocals coming together like a force.

LEGEND:

πŸ‘±πŸ»β€β™€οΈ
Torn apart, ripped out, make it up
It's one way to feel good, back on track
Never stop, do it again, now
Don't lose the feeling when you may find out
The heart can break, you can remake
It up, to a stronger pumping ride

πŸ‘§πŸ»
You make the best of it
You only need to heal
You'll know how to feel
When everytime it's gonna lift you up in air

πŸ‘§πŸ»πŸ‘±πŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸ‘©πŸΎβ€πŸ¦²πŸ‘±πŸ»β€β™‚οΈπŸ‘¨πŸ»
Only stops when it's not worth it
The more you can feel you will grow it
The more you do can make it pop it out
And now will you find out
'Cause more you play you will stretch it
The more you fight they will break it
So when you show it, be aware
That heart is a muscle that works out

πŸ‘©πŸΎβ€πŸ¦²
So be alright, hey yeah, hey yeah
Take it out, work it out, make it out
It is your life, ok not today
But tomorrow gonna pump
It's gonna pump louder than ....
([Spoken] Hahaha, sorry I can't make that rhyme with good old D)

πŸ‘±πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ
Oh, now comes the invincible
Here comes the enviable
So what is in principle
What everytime it's gonna lift you up in air

πŸ‘¨πŸ»
Is this the infinite?
Is it all underneath?
What we all got, inside
πŸ‘±πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ It's good to know the bad
πŸ‘±πŸ»β€β™€οΈ So you know the end
πŸ‘§πŸ» But unless you give it up, this time
Oh

πŸ‘§πŸ»πŸ‘±πŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸ‘±πŸ»β€β™‚οΈπŸ‘¨πŸ»
Only stops when it's not worth it (πŸ‘©πŸΎβ€πŸ¦²hear that now?)
And now will you find out (πŸ‘©πŸΎβ€πŸ¦²alright)
The more you fight they will break it (πŸ‘©πŸΎβ€πŸ¦²And you know)

SOUNDS LIKE

Edited by user 05 June 2020 23:25:46(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

MY ACTIVE ACTS
Rashai Mari - Model, Dj

The Jollies

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

erich hess on 15/05/2020(UTC), BrownSugar on 15/05/2020(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 15/05/2020(UTC), snap_itshannah on 15/05/2020(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 22/05/2020(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 28/05/2020(UTC), C4AJoh on 19/06/2020(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 19/06/2020(UTC)
Offline FiveT  
#6 Posted : 22 May 2020 11:07:57(UTC)
FiveT

Man
Italy

UserPostedImage

"Yin&Yang"
was produced by Laurence Vega

One of the last songs created for the album in 2020, this track shows another side of the Bubblegum Pop given by the band that can take an even deeper turn talking about feelings and inner feelings of a person. The song is in fact about the dark side of someone and their secret and how it can be hard to share them to a friend and give them trust, but the way the group wrote it under the lead of Rose and Natasha this time, it feels like a cheerful and cheeky way to talk about it. The two girls in fact put the first thoughts into the song being then arranged into a funnier and more uplifting way by the Zafari and David who spiced up the song with their ideas and words.
What was created eventually shows a different side to the sound of the group but still remaining in the area of the fun Pop sound. Not to mention that the lyrics seem to aim at empowering people in showing off more of their 'personal truths', to confess their sins and secrets and become free, which is probably a hint written by David for the LGBTQ community.

On the technical side, the group shows the versatility of the different vocals on this track too and it's time here David and Zafari take the lead with raspy, low tones, then followed in a slight raise of tension in the choruses by the nice and pleasing vocal tone of Rose, who can show she's not only a vocalist with a sweet voice but can sustain long notes for quite some time as well.
Fabriano as usual does a good job in harmonizing with a good low vibrato the other vocals and you can hear him enhancing the choir well.
Interesting to note the spoken part of Rose who was once a theatre actress and shows of a good acting part in the middle eight as well as Natasha's high notes that really lifts the low song tone in the end.

LEGEND:

πŸ‘©πŸΎβ€πŸ¦²
Calling, calling, someone answer
What d'you think, might just not happen
Not for real, not right here
In my mind, it's all so clear
Even truth sometimes it hurts
Why can't you let it stop
Even though I know it's good
Even though it's not for you

πŸ‘©πŸΎβ€πŸ¦²
What do I think about you near
I don't know (πŸ‘±πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ well just to show)
If it's good, if you let me know
(πŸ‘±πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ Trust is good do you want some more?)
In my mind it always speaks
Like Ouija Board doing the tricks
(πŸ‘±πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ Tell me ghost, know what's good)
No I'm not, not being so rude

But when you think it's time that, time that
You just go deep down there, down there
And there's no place to show them, them
Or just no time to explain them, there
I will say it's your truth then
Know the Yin Yang we got them, them
We got them all

πŸ‘±πŸ»β€β™€οΈ
Yin Yang we got them
We got them
Secrets

πŸ‘©πŸΎβ€πŸ¦²
You know where is the place to make it all talk
What's the price you just pay to avoid this dark
What I'm gonna say the limit is only the sky, alright
My friend I gotta tell you push it all that aside
Truthful, truthful, don't it matter
A real place can stay safe in your hand

You keep going about what's good or what's not
You know the time can be black or white
(πŸ‘±πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ At times you would say it to me, at mine)
No rules are written for this down this far
But listen good company is always (πŸ‘±πŸ»β€β™‚οΈπŸ‘©πŸΎβ€πŸ¦² good at heart)
Now let me tell you this
(πŸ‘±πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ Come here, your secret's safe with me)

And there's no place to show them, them
I will say it's your truth then
We got them all

πŸ‘±πŸ»β€β™€οΈ
Yin Yang we got them
We got them
Secrets

πŸ‘±πŸ»β€β™€οΈ
[SPOKEN ON A PHONE]
[Hey, how are you?
Oh, that's good to hear
Aw don't be shy
You know, you can trust me
You know, you really know
I got secrets too]

πŸ‘§πŸ»
I know someone said it all
I feel stabbed, how could they let it go
But you know, do you know
Good and bad are there for all
We all got them secrets, don't be afraid no more

And there's no place to show them, them (πŸ‘§πŸ» Will you show them to me)
I will say it's your truth then (πŸ‘§πŸ» I'm good company)
We got them all

πŸ‘±πŸ»β€β™€οΈ
Yin Yang we got them
We got them
Secrets

πŸ‘±πŸ»β€β™€οΈ
Yin Yang we got them
We got them
Secrets

SOUNDS LIKE

Edited by user 05 June 2020 23:24:39(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

MY ACTIVE ACTS
Rashai Mari - Model, Dj

The Jollies

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 9 users thanked FiveT for this useful post.
erich hess on 22/05/2020(UTC), 2001clay on 22/05/2020(UTC), BrownSugar on 22/05/2020(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 22/05/2020(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 22/05/2020(UTC), snap_itshannah on 24/05/2020(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 28/05/2020(UTC), C4AJoh on 19/06/2020(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 19/06/2020(UTC)
Offline FiveT  
#7 Posted : 28 May 2020 12:04:22(UTC)
FiveT

Man
Italy

UserPostedImage

"Valeur"
was produced by Den Walnut and Claire Becker

It is one of the tracks recorded in the beginning of 2020, after the group decided to continue to carry on without Cj Frankson and it was mainly written by the four Rose, Zafari, David and Natasha. The theme of the song is clear and easy to get being another empowering song, this time with a more 'in your face' type of attitude. Zafari and David in fact gave the biggest contribute to the song with their most outspoken and loud personalities.
The main aim of the lyrics is to give power to people and their individual value, through the good and the bad. As stated in the song, everyone is different for a good reason and the world is perfect and balanced because everyone gives something different, which is also the main message the group always wanted to give ever since their beginning.

The most interesting part of the song is the musical and technical part though. The instrumentation sounds interesting with trumpets shining among the vocals and a whole dancey beat keeping the rhythm of the song strong and alive, almost sounding like an 80s' type of song, very close to the Disco music. The guys still remain in the pure Pop area despite the influences and try to give the most catchy, uplifting sound.
David opens the song with a breathy, deep voice, you can tell he keeps a certain rhythm and vibe to it, which is almost the trademark of his vocals with personality as he plays on a three-way notes melody with his vocal. He only introduces the song and the beat which is the main protagonist this time, well led by all five.
Rose manages to serve as usual a pleasing tone for the first part of the song, she sure knows how to keep a listener interested. Natasha follows her in it able to manage tension in her different higher notes. Zafari and Fabriano here sing the same lines, with the only difference that Fabriano is deeper and lower so he takes the middle 8 part to give that tiny break off the powerful beat of this dancey song.
On the chorus part, the group sounds very cohesive with the notes and harmonies, with the usual differences in tones and scales but mostly on the same note patterns giving more importance to the melody of the trumpets in the background, which gives the most in the instrumental break after the first and second chorus.

LEGEND:

πŸ‘±πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ
Tell me, who do you think that you are?
You know me, what do you think of me?
It's crazy, we need a mirror to talk
But can't we just sometimes, speak by our heart

πŸ‘±πŸ»β€β™€οΈ
What matters you were born grotesque
I don't care if you were made like this
Did you pity yourself for being too high
I never understood what is fine
But I know to me it is alright
Whatever you say it is your vibe

πŸ‘±πŸ»β€β™‚οΈπŸ‘§πŸ»πŸ‘©πŸΎβ€πŸ¦²πŸ‘±πŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸ‘¨πŸ»
Take it all right out, or not if don't feel right
You know what's your valeur, valeur
If you wanna shout or if you wanna cry
You know what's your valeur
Do what you feel is right, you are the only one
Explain or not explain, do it when you want
You know what is your valeur

Valeur, valeur, valeur

πŸ‘©πŸΎβ€πŸ¦²
Oh you know me
You know what I can be
It's easy to see
I'm way worse than thee

πŸ‘§πŸ»
But last time you told me it's not right
Who said it what is the rule now?
Take me here and let's go out
We'll be a mess for free, whatever you feel

Valeur, valeur, valeur

πŸ‘¨πŸ»
Oh you know me
You know what I can be
It's easy to see
I'm way worse than thee

Valeur, valeur, valeur

SOUNDS LIKE

MY ACTIVE ACTS
Rashai Mari - Model, Dj

The Jollies

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 7 users thanked FiveT for this useful post.
stephaniewazhere on 28/05/2020(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 28/05/2020(UTC), BrownSugar on 28/05/2020(UTC), snap_itshannah on 28/05/2020(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 28/05/2020(UTC), C4AJoh on 19/06/2020(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 19/06/2020(UTC)
Offline FiveT  
#8 Posted : 05 June 2020 01:09:03(UTC)
FiveT

Man
Italy

UserPostedImage

"I Will Listen"
was produced by Den Walnut and Claire Becker
and co-written by Den and the whole group.

This song was written and recorded around February 2020 and it was confirmed by Den Walnut to be made out of one of his unreleased songs for his last album 'Don't Be A Pain In My Sky'. The lyrics were then later edited and arranged to fit the group sound and theme, making the song less personal and more general, which is more relatable for everyone. The group main appeal is in fact to talk about uniting people and the whole meaning of the song shows another part of that as it hints at friendship and the importance of having someone always there to listen when something is not right.

To underline the feeling of the song, the group in fact used the help of a strong choir in the chorus, which takes the sound to an high uplifting level while sitting well with the background music that has instruments and melodies carefully picked to provoke a strong feeling to the listener. The overall singing of the group this time sounds more coehesive and less focused on the differences of the vocals, which enhances the idea of unity. In the verses they mostly sing lower notes that raise and increase the tension towards the choruses, where the choir explodes.
Another important note is how the middle 8 is almost not existant in the song but there is a nice devolpment of the melody and the chorus that changes words at the end and replaces the usual song structure.

LEGEND:

πŸ‘±πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ
And here it is
The lesson, burning pain that you feel
Something so insecure, you need to cure
Where it is
You gotta know just how to move
What you gonna prove, just cry
Just cry

πŸ‘¨πŸ»
Keep it real
Keep the fear, don't lie to me
Tellin' me all I need to hear
Let it be
Everything you think you feel
Take my hand, I am here
I am here
Right here

Why don't you tell me
Why ain't you gonna be telling me
About the fire, the knife, the poison
I will listen
Friend, lover, family
I will be there
'Cause united we stand
Divided we fall
Away

Oh, Oh oh
Oh oh oh
Oh, oh

πŸ‘±πŸ»β€β™€οΈ
Wake up dear
Don't lie down in this big hole
We can go where you wanna go
It's cool, see
There is so much more in life to feel
Things always change, never same you'll see
The light

πŸ‘©πŸΎβ€πŸ¦²
And laugh with me
After you felt it all you need
'Cause things will make you a better being
Know what I mean
I love you good and bad, you know that
I will be there indeed
I will be there
Right there

Why don't you tell me
I will listen
Friend, lover, family
I will be there
'Cause united we stand
Divided we fall
Away

Oh, Oh oh
Oh oh oh
Oh, oh

Why don't you tell me
I will listen
Friend, lover, family
I will be there
'Cause united we stand
Divided we fall
Away

Oh, Oh oh
Oh oh oh
Oh, oh

Fear is ok to have
I will listen
Friend, lover, family
Nothin' is bad to me
'Cause united we stand
Divided we fall
Away

Oh, Oh oh
Oh oh oh
Oh, oh

SOUNDS LIKE

Edited by user 05 June 2020 09:57:32(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

MY ACTIVE ACTS
Rashai Mari - Model, Dj

The Jollies

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

stephaniewazhere on 05/06/2020(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 05/06/2020(UTC), snap_itshannah on 05/06/2020(UTC), BrownSugar on 05/06/2020(UTC), 2001clay on 15/06/2020(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 16/06/2020(UTC), C4AJoh on 19/06/2020(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 19/06/2020(UTC)
Offline FiveT  
#9 Posted : 12 June 2020 00:26:28(UTC)
FiveT

Man
Italy

UserPostedImage

"That Best Something"
was produced by Den Walnut

This track was written and recorded by the group in the beginning of February, when the group finally found the peace after the long struggle of replacing Cj Frankson in the group and restarting the career from the bottom. The lyrics in fact show the more relaxed feeling of the five, who sound comfortable as they sing about having a good time and not taking things too seriously. What's interesting in the track are the hints and nods at famous comics and videogames, aiming the song to a more nerdy audience.

On the technical side of the song, the trio of Zafari, Natasha and Rose shows versatibility in sharing the lines and hitting the right notes each of the three fitting on the right parts of the song and verses. David and Fabriano give a real imprint on the harmonies especially with the low, bass vocals of Fabriano who completes once again Rose's voice.
David on the other hand gives some cheeky ad-libs at the end, not sounding too high on his notes but quite jazzy and with that distinctive personality that makes his voice different.
On the chorus the group show once again the power of the five vocals coming together, with the perfect harmonization in the different vocals, this time giving a bit more lead to Natasha and Zafari.

LEGEND:

πŸ‘©πŸΎβ€πŸ¦²
Ai, Ai, kryptonite in the air
It's what, it's what we left behind
But this time
Super people are alright
League of Justice, fight for freedom
We'll be fine

πŸ‘§πŸ»
And I am glad (glad)
You got me like the seven Dragon Balls
This time, time
Right now we are
Chilling, make it kinky, a little dipsy
Alright

πŸ‘±πŸ»β€β™€οΈ
But it's you
You
You know how to make it far, far, far
You
You know how you'll never stop, stop, stop
πŸ‘±πŸ»β€β™€οΈ Whoa, oh oh, ah

It's time
That best something now feeling nice
(πŸ‘§πŸ» Alright? Alright!)
It's time
That best something some feeling fine
(πŸ‘©πŸΎβ€πŸ¦² Got it, got it)
It's mine
That best something I can't deny
(πŸ‘§πŸ»πŸ‘©πŸΎβ€πŸ¦² Yeah, yeah, yeah yeah)

πŸ‘©πŸΎβ€πŸ¦²
Mama told me you know how to never stop
I told her, momma I'm rare to find
And rules
Rules don't break me when I'm feeling right
Snap, Thanos
They disappeared

πŸ‘§πŸ»
And I am glad (glad)
You show me how to use the magic wand
This time, time
Right now we are
Chilling, make a spell to really feel
Alright, yeah yeah

πŸ‘±πŸ»β€β™€οΈ
But it's you
You
You know how to make it far, far, far
You
You know how you'll never stop, stop, stop
πŸ‘±πŸ»β€β™€οΈ Whoa, oh oh, ah

It's time
It's time
It's mine

πŸ‘§πŸ»
It's something, it's something
You know well
You know well
πŸ‘©πŸΎβ€πŸ¦²
It's something, that something
You know it, it, it
You know it, it, it
(πŸ‘§πŸ»You know, oh)

It's time
It's time
It's mine

It's time
(πŸ‘±πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ Feeling very nice)
It's time
(πŸ‘±πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ It's good, it's in the air)
It's mine
(πŸ‘±πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ Something you just can't deny)

SOUNDS LIKE

MY ACTIVE ACTS
Rashai Mari - Model, Dj

The Jollies

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

AmyJayneXoX on 12/06/2020(UTC), BrownSugar on 15/06/2020(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 15/06/2020(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 16/06/2020(UTC), snap_itshannah on 16/06/2020(UTC), C4AJoh on 19/06/2020(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 19/06/2020(UTC)
Offline FiveT  
#10 Posted : 15 June 2020 20:55:55(UTC)
FiveT

Man
Italy

UserPostedImage

"Reconciliation"
was produced by Laurence Vega
and co-written by the David and Rose.

The song was written only by David and Rose at the beginning of recordings, when the group had just formed. The two were the first to take part in this project and in both the lyrics and sound the listener can tell a bit of difference from the rest of the album, with little elements of the sound the group was going for before sticking with the pure Pop route. The lyrics talk in fact about themes more mature than the rest of the album but was chosen to make it on the album for being still somehow coherent with the other songs in most parts of the song. Rose and David's songwriting are evident in the theatrical type of lyric (Rose) and the more cheeky, eccentric words chosen by David.
The main theme is the reconciliation of two lovers after a long time of going back and forth and they do it in a deep way with sex, which is hinted at in the chorus through all the metaphors and onomatopoeias.
One fun fact that David and Rose share about this song is how they wrote it imagining to meet the people they loved in their past that had gone for actual fights or arguments.

The sound is pretty much slow and low for the instrumentation and it fits around the almost spoken, soft verses sung by David with his jazzy, raspy vocals. Rose sings the bridges and the choruses' onomatopoeias showing the well extended range of her voice sounding pleasing as usual. The other three guys harmonize well their vocals and it's Natasha that shines during the middle 8 part, breaking the tension hitting very high notes and giving edge to this part of the song as she fits the lines about the climax of the two lovers coming back together in a sexual way.

LEGEND:

πŸ‘±πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ
It's very good to know that you think
About those times you had to learn
The right words to make it up to me
Come here, make believe
Fire to fire can behave, a blaze not so bad
Sometimes you gotta know
How you can make a better hell
Sticks and stones, maybe are not so bad
With a chain wouldn't you make that bleed
But if you use them well, you'll see
So come, come and see
How good you can behave with me
Sometimes you gotta know
Love is good in war

πŸ‘±πŸ»β€β™€οΈ
But I, I
Think I'm alive
When I tremble as you touch
I did not expect as much
We were going for another route
Oh, how I think a surprise is good

πŸ‘±πŸ»β€β™€οΈ
La, la la, du da da
πŸ‘±πŸ»β€β™‚οΈπŸ‘§πŸ»πŸ‘©πŸΎβ€πŸ¦²πŸ‘¨πŸ»
Make me sing for ya, I'll do it for ya
I wanna let it out, don't wanna give up
You wanna survive and I stay alive
πŸ‘±πŸ»β€β™€οΈ
La, la la, du da da
So hear it this time, from you and from I
What we may just want, not going too far
Reconciliation, on and on for us all night

πŸ‘±πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ
Will you get out of your mind this time
You won't feel blown out, neither do I
Anger and not understanding can have better ending
I am just realising
If i don't mean a thing, you just wouldn't care
But since you get angry, desire is all there
But if you want, a distance, block it again
Not going too far, I'll be on my way
Where will you end up, without a desire
To know if things turn around
It's a good surprise
When you will realise
That if you touch fire you feel more alive

πŸ‘±πŸ»β€β™€οΈ
But I, I
Think I'm alive
When I tremble as you touch
I did not expect as much
We were going for another route
Oh, how I think a surprise is good

πŸ‘±πŸ»β€β™€οΈ
La, la la, du da da
πŸ‘±πŸ»β€β™€οΈ
La, la la, du da da

πŸ‘±πŸ»β€β™€οΈ
La, la la, du da da
πŸ‘§πŸ»
It's not a place, you come for peace
When you meet me there
It's not somewhere you feel comfortable and stay
Because you did not expect
For our hate to turn
So perfect

πŸ‘±πŸ»β€β™€οΈ
La, la la, du da da
πŸ‘±πŸ»β€β™€οΈ
La, la la, du da da

SOUNDS LIKE

MY ACTIVE ACTS
Rashai Mari - Model, Dj

The Jollies

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 6 users thanked FiveT for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 15/06/2020(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 15/06/2020(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 16/06/2020(UTC), snap_itshannah on 16/06/2020(UTC), C4AJoh on 19/06/2020(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 19/06/2020(UTC)
Offline FiveT  
#11 Posted : 15 June 2020 21:24:05(UTC)
FiveT

Man
Italy

UserPostedImage

"The Tribe"
was produced by Laurence Vega and Den Walnut
and co-written by the the whole group.

This last song on the album was also one of the very last tracks to be recorded before finishing the album. The group was looking for the perfect ending song and after long listens to the other tracks, thinking deep about the band's message, their own ideals, the five Jollies eventually wrote this song to put it all in one song that would close the album.
The lyrics talk in fact about an imaginary tribe that unites everyone sharing ideals of differences, of everyone coming together and uniting in one tribe. There are hints at Mayans' 2012 prediction which comes from the idea of the tribe and the group tell how 2012 was actually the beginning of this big change that makes everyone work together in a sort of utopian world in the future. No one is better in language, health, wealth, race, religion or sexuality, we are all humans they say in the song, every human is special and strong on something.

On the technical side, the group sounds even more united in the harmonies, using a big choir too to enhance the feeling of the song during the choruses. The verses are well divided between all and they all try to sing a bit high but without going too far, remaining in their all different ranges of vocals but still trying to enchant lines like they were doing a ritual or cheering up on something.
The instrumentation is loud and strong with a well thought rhythm of the drums that make this a good Pop song, not too dancey but uplifting enough to make it be very catchy to the ears.

LEGEND:

πŸ‘±πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ
Woo, they said I wouldn't make it so far
Someone said go back driving the reality car
But look I aim to fly to space
I look to impress them and see the gaze
Because everybody now can be a star
Even Mayans told us back in time
2012, things will change
We are gonna realise

πŸ‘§πŸ»
We all got that special boom
We all got that something cool
We are only victim of
Our bodies and minds
We are our only crimes

You got the money or not
Join the tribe
You got that health or not
Join the tribe
You got that sexual appetite
Join the tribe
You got that belief
Join the tribe
You got that skin or speak
Join the tribe
'Cause everybody is welcome here
We are all special beings

πŸ‘©πŸΎβ€πŸ¦²
Turn your back to a bad appeal
Don't listen then to the bad liar
They don't know how things can work
Do they know how you make it work
You got something you know it's unique
Nobody else it's here like you

πŸ‘±πŸ»β€β™€οΈ
We all got that special boom
We all got that something cool
We are only victim of
Our bodies and minds
We are our only crimes

You got the money or not
Join the tribe
Join the tribe
Join the tribe
You got that belief
Join the tribe
Join the tribe

πŸ‘¨πŸ»
You got the money or not
You got that belief

You got the money or not
Join the tribe
Join the tribe
Join the tribe
You got that belief
Join the tribe
Join the tribe

You got the money or not
Join the tribe
Join the tribe
Join the tribe
You got that belief
Join the tribe
Join the tribe

SOUNDS LIKE

MY ACTIVE ACTS
Rashai Mari - Model, Dj

The Jollies

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

BrownSugar on 15/06/2020(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 15/06/2020(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 16/06/2020(UTC), 2001clay on 16/06/2020(UTC), snap_itshannah on 16/06/2020(UTC), C4AJoh on 19/06/2020(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 19/06/2020(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#12 Posted : 16 June 2020 07:26:28(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
OOC: GREAT WORK!!! I love how cohesive this album is and the amount of effort you put into this with all the lyrics, build up and descriptions :P it all flows so well and I also love the fact that you used soundalikes that are new to me. It felt like I was actually listening to an album for the first time. I really love "The Tribe" and the overall throwback feel to this album. Nice job :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina Lake β€’ Aubrey Mikkel β€’ Sabina β€’ James Urie β€’ Austin Nimmo β€’ Mandy Williams β€’ The Wolverines
β€’ Jerry Holmes β€’ Marina Balan β€’ Miamiβ€’ BYS β€’ Naomi β€’ Suzie β€’ Aaron Styles β€’ Cory Dionne β€’ The Kittens
β€’ Brittany Knox β€’ Dennis Shaw β€’ Gemma β€’ Payton β€’ Cassie Valentine β€’ JT Rodriguez β€’ Jay-C β€’Nick Urie β€’ PRÓXIMO

thanks 2 users thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
stephaniewazhere on 16/06/2020(UTC), FiveT on 16/06/2020(UTC)
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#13 Posted : 16 June 2020 08:03:12(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)
Silver Spoons: Oh baby, you have no idea how proud I am of you and your band mates with this new album! You're all so incredibly talented!

Stephanie Fierce: The JOLLIES have to be my new favorite pop group! The pop gems are just back to back on this album! There's something authentically different that really just separates this album from anything I've heard this year! Great job :)

OOC: Honestly you and Brownsugar are the elite members here when it comes to groups/bands (not to discredit anyone else because I think everyone does an amazing job) but I do have to mention you two in particular! I'm really just amazed at the amount of detail and hard work that went in to this thread. I can definitely tell is not easy having to layer down each member on every song! Amazing job :)

edit - Also have to add the fact that this group does offer a bit of diversity with race and gender and that's something I haven't seen before in a pop group. It's refreshing! :)

Edited by user 16 June 2020 08:04:52(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked stephaniewazhere for this useful post.
FiveT on 16/06/2020(UTC)
Offline FiveT  
#14 Posted : 16 June 2020 19:35:07(UTC)
FiveT

Man
Italy

Originally Posted by: Famouss7x7 Go to Quoted Post
OOC: GREAT WORK!!! I love how cohesive this album is and the amount of effort you put into this with all the lyrics, build up and descriptions :P it all flows so well and I also love the fact that you used soundalikes that are new to me. It felt like I was actually listening to an album for the first time. I really love "The Tribe" and the overall throwback feel to this album. Nice job :)

OOC: Thank you so much, I tried using mostly Italian soundlikes to actually give a feeling of new music and used some 80s'/90s' ones for some retro Pop elements in the songs. It took some time but it was fun to put it all together. I'm so glad of it and I'm really happy you appreciate it. Laugh

Originally Posted by: stephaniewazhere Go to Quoted Post
Silver Spoons: Oh baby, you have no idea how proud I am of you and your band mates with this new album! You're all so incredibly talented!

Stephanie Fierce: The JOLLIES have to be my new favorite pop group! The pop gems are just back to back on this album! There's something authentically different that really just separates this album from anything I've heard this year! Great job :)

OOC: Honestly you and Brownsugar are the elite members here when it comes to groups/bands (not to discredit anyone else because I think everyone does an amazing job) but I do have to mention you two in particular! I'm really just amazed at the amount of detail and hard work that went in to this thread. I can definitely tell is not easy having to layer down each member on every song! Amazing job :)

edit - Also have to add the fact that this group does offer a bit of diversity with race and gender and that's something I haven't seen before in a pop group. It's refreshing! :)

David: Thaanks cowboy, these guys are my second family, you're gonna be part of it, remember that.

Natasha: Oh my... thank you Stephanie, I've said it before and I'll say again how I have grown up with you through good and bad times to grow up as an independent and strong woman, hearing this comment from you it feels surreal but it's like a seal of approval at the same time! Your experience in this industry is huge, so it really means a lot. Thank you.

OOC: Thank you! I'm so glad you recognize the diversity idea in the group, it's something I always wished to see in real music, you rarely get a mixed genre Pop band and I feel there is still a lot of prejudice on men and women working together, not to mention if you put an homosexual member or other members that could face any other discrimination. I experience discrimination in real life too, so it's an important theme for me. I'm trying to show that friendship and work collaborations can work through the differences and can happen without discriminating one another. The five all really represent a different person with different problems or flaws but they all manage to work together and create magic because of how they are. I really want to show how nice it is when different people go beyond the differences and become a force together, which is the idea behind their music too where they all have a role usually in a song, fitting their vocals and how they sing and, depending on the song, they eventually sing together to create amazing harmonies with individual vocals.
I was inspired by some Pop groups or even TV series for this, I love to create dynamics between them, little stories so that is why I love groups. It's a little more hard work, even with the Photoshopping thing but it's so much fun, especially for this group which I really love writing for and can make me able to let out some ideas I always wished to write down some way. :)

Edited by user 16 June 2020 19:38:18(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

MY ACTIVE ACTS
Rashai Mari - Model, Dj

The Jollies

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 1 user thanked FiveT for this useful post.
stephaniewazhere on 17/06/2020(UTC)
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#15 Posted : 24 June 2020 13:09:49(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)
ooc: I actually really admire that you take the time to photoshop the individual members! That’s definitely not easy work especially if there’s a specific aesthetic that you want to give. I think you do a great job overall and The Jollies are the most adorable things lol

The whole relationship with Spoons and David has been a pure joy to RP :)

thanks 1 user thanked stephaniewazhere for this useful post.
FiveT on 24/06/2020(UTC)
Offline FiveT  
#16 Posted : 24 June 2020 20:04:04(UTC)
FiveT

Man
Italy

Originally Posted by: stephaniewazhere Go to Quoted Post
ooc: I actually really admire that you take the time to photoshop the individual members! That’s definitely not easy work especially if there’s a specific aesthetic that you want to give. I think you do a great job overall and The Jollies are the most adorable things lol

The whole relationship with Spoons and David has been a pure joy to RP :)

OOC: Thank you so much! It's so nice you recognise that, it actually isn't easy. It takes years of practice and studying of graphics but when you learn a bit more each time, you can really do anything with it and totally bring your imagination to life. I always feel like it's magic when I finish an image! Tongue

It's been a joy for me too, it made David evolve as a character and get his story going forward, I love it

MY ACTIVE ACTS
Rashai Mari - Model, Dj

The Jollies

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

stephaniewazhere on 24/06/2020(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#17 Posted : 24 June 2020 21:20:28(UTC)
BrownSugar

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19126 time(s) in 7593 post(s)
Dustyn: Such a fun album! Feel honoured to have you with us at Pesky and it was so exciting watching the process all unfold in the studio. Congrats on the number 1!

OOC: Excellent work! It's nice to have another new album from you after some time away. Your work always reminds me of the really pop oriented days of the the forum when I first signed up to this place, which I love!
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY β€’ DUSTYN β€’ OSCAR β€’ RILEY β€’ SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU β€’ CARTER LEE β€’ JAKE β€’ MYLES β€’ ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN β€’ CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE β€’ CHRIS β€’ JASON β€’ LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE β€’ LINCOLN β€’ LAYLA β€’ MERCEDES β€’ MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA β€’ DENEIL β€’ CHICAGO NOBODY β€’ BLOOM β€’ SONNY β€’ VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN β€’ ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS β€’ ALFIE SUMMERS β€’ MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON β€’ KONSTANTIN β€’ FAYETTE β€’ SAYYID

thanks 1 user thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
FiveT on 25/06/2020(UTC)
Offline FiveT  
#18 Posted : 25 June 2020 02:23:21(UTC)
FiveT

Man
Italy

Originally Posted by: BrownSugar Go to Quoted Post
Dustyn: Such a fun album! Feel honoured to have you with us at Pesky and it was so exciting watching the process all unfold in the studio. Congrats on the number 1!

OOC: Excellent work! It's nice to have another new album from you after some time away. Your work always reminds me of the really pop oriented days of the the forum when I first signed up to this place, which I love!

Natasha: Thank ya boss. Definately believed in us since day 1 and kept through when it was all falling apart, it's amazing. So grateful.

Rose: Thank you and the other lovely Weekend boys! It happened, wow!

OOC: Thanks Sean! It finally happened and I'm so glad I'm managing to play again and organize time better, also very glad now I'm able to let out so many ideas and working passionately on other future stuff. It's so much fun!

MY ACTIVE ACTS
Rashai Mari - Model, Dj

The Jollies

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

BrownSugar on 25/06/2020(UTC)
Offline Teethdevoursnake  
#19 Posted : 25 June 2020 03:14:38(UTC)
Teethdevoursnake

Man
United States

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Travis: I haven’t listened to an album from front to back in a long time and the fact that a pop album did that to me is kind of mind-blowing but I’m not gonna fight it, there’s so much originality I like what y’all have done with the genre!

OOC: This is so well fleshed out! The attention to detail is really solid, especially with photoshopping all the individual characters in there, that shit’s not easy lmao. Anyway, I loved reading this and I hope that we can collaborate sometime! :)
thanks 1 user thanked Teethdevoursnake for this useful post.
FiveT on 25/06/2020(UTC)
Offline FiveT  
#20 Posted : 25 June 2020 03:23:51(UTC)
FiveT

Man
Italy

Zafari: Thanks man, we startin' from Pop but we reachin' more genres around it and spread the message out there. Glad ya enjoy our thing

OOC: Thanks a lot! It is a lot of work but it's fun to work by imagination as I said BigGrin
We definately should sometime, hope you enjoy playing on this nice game :)

MY ACTIVE ACTS
Rashai Mari - Model, Dj

The Jollies

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage