logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline TishaJackson!!!!  
#1 Posted : 28 May 2020 07:16:54(UTC)
TishaJackson!!!!

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1323 time(s) in 638 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Artist: Tisha Jackson
Song: It’s My House
Album: TBA
Written by: Tisha Jackson, Matthew Burns, Michael Tucker
Producer(s): Tisha Jackson, BloodPop, Burns
Genre: Electro-pop, House

2020 has been quite the year for Princess of Pop Tisha Jackson. She scored her fifth No.1 single of her career to critical acclaim, making her the first act to have a No.1 in three different decades (00’s,10’s,20’s). Today, May 27, 2020 Jackson releases her follow up single, “It's My House”. Jackson is currently gearing up for the release of her tenth studio album and release of a new film this year. So far we’ve seen Jackson return to her electro-pop sound that she debuted with in the late 2000’s. “It’s My House” is an electro-pop/ house track. The song was written by Tisha Jackson, Matthew Burns, and Michael Tucker winter of 2020 in Miami, Florida. Jackson recorded the song at South Beach Studios. Jackson recruited BloodPop and Burns to help her produce the songs because she was a fan of their work.

“It’s My House” is a declaration for Jackson. Tisha Jackson debuted on the scene in 2007 and has not stopped working and churning out hits since. Many of those who she started with careers have faded away. Now thirteen years into her career, Jackson can call herself one of the best selling female artists of all time, selling over 200 million albums worldwide. She’s released two of the most critically acclaimed and musically relevant albums of the past decade with the releases of 25 and FOR DREW. FOR DREW is currently still in the Chart Heat Top 20 albums three years after its release. Jackson’s career has stood the test of time, and this song is about that. In “It’s My House” Jackson sings, “I’ll never ask you to bow down I’ll only ask you to put some respek on my name” The song could be considered as a dig to her peers or newcomers but it is not. The song works as a reference for Jackson holding down Pop music for the last few years. A lot of people consider her the blueprint for what it means to be a pop artist in music today. In “It’s My House” Jackson gives thanks to the artist who paved the way for her like “Janet and Michael Jackson, Whitney Houston, and Mariah Carey”, however she is claiming her place in Pop music with this track and demands to be respected as such.

Jackson on the meaning behind “It’s My House”

Quote:
“It’s My House is a tricky song because you don’t want to come across as disrespectful to those who paved the way for you. Artists like Janet and Michael Jackson, Mariah Carey and Whitney Houston paved the way for me. I live in the house that they’ve built. They showed me what it means to be artistic, how to express myself through music, how to be a force in music, and how to be musically adventurous and being able to cross all genres. They were the blueprint for me. I have worked my ass off in this industry. I have worked for everything I got. To be successful and actually have the career you want, to be living your dreams are due to two things, always putting in the work and never stopping, and God. That’s what this song is about. It is about owning your power and knowing how powerful you are. I believe you can do so humbly. And I mean it's not like it’s a lie, I have built the house that a lot of these new artists and some who even debuted alongside me lived in. I don’t have the luxury of disappearing for almost a decade to come back with a No.1 brought by payola, or release mediocre music and have lyrics with no substance and sell based off my name or me being considered a legendary act. No. I am constantly trying to set a bar and I feel like that’s what any true artist does. I am always in dance rehearsals and my last tour ended in 2016. I take singing lessons three days out the week even when I am not recording because I want to keep my voice in shape. I write songs all the time. It’s My House is me owning that. And this song is not only for me. I wrote this song for artists like GirlSpice, Cassie Valentine, Isabel. People who I am similar in age to or started in the industry with and have paid their dues and put in work. We did this. This song is for us!

[Verse 1]

I’ll never ask you to bow down
I’ll only ask you to put some respek on my name
I paid my dues to those who came before me
But now it's time you parvenus pay up
You’re reaping the benefits of seeds I bestowed

[Pre-Chorus]

Foundation laid by me
I built it brick by brick
And yet you’re still climbing
I’m at the top, I know you can’t see me
This is the house I built

[Chorus]

Won’t ask you to bow down
But this is my house
I built it (you live here, here here)
Thanks to me (me, me, me)
But this is my house
THIS IS THE HOUSE. THAT I BUILT.

[Verse 2]

I’ve seen them come and go
Went from dewey to decrepit with the quickness
Some had decade drought without a hit
Career on quarantine before it was a thing
Dust yourself off and try again on album 10
I’ve built this house
Come and visit as you may but I own it so you must pay
Sing like the rent is due
Keep playing I’ll put your ass out by Fourth of July

[Pre-Chorus]

Foundation laid by me

[Chorus]

But this is my house
But this is my house

[Bridge/ Tisha Talks]

COME INTO MY HOUSE
ALWAYS A VACANCY
NO ONE HIM , THEM , OR MISS CAN STOP ME
THIS IS A NEW HIT
T, REIGN WONT LET UP BITCH TSUNAMI
COME INTO MY HOUSE
ALWAYS A VACANCY
NO ONE HIM , THEM , OR MISS CAN STOP ME

[Pre-Chorus]

Foundation laid by me

[Chorus]

But this is my house
But this is my house

[Outro]

Laid the foundation down
I built a house
Won’t you come and live in it
Put that on my name you will show me respek
THIS IS MY HOUSE.

Edited by user 28 May 2020 07:18:06(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

thanks 9 users thanked TishaJackson!!!! for this useful post.
snap_itshannah on 28/05/2020(UTC), erich hess on 28/05/2020(UTC), 2001clay on 28/05/2020(UTC), BrownSugar on 28/05/2020(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 28/05/2020(UTC), kandii on 28/05/2020(UTC), FiveT on 28/05/2020(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 28/05/2020(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 31/07/2020(UTC)
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#2 Posted : 28 May 2020 08:32:10(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)

Stephanie Fierce: Is this what you call "pushing the boundaries?" LMAO. I'm sorry but I have to laugh because this shit is a hot mess. I think you're upset at the fact that you asked my team if I could do a "Vs battle with you on Instagram?" which is desperate and laughable. However you have to have memorable hits to do that and I don't recall any song from you that are memorable, award winning or anything of that nature.

Not that it matters but I don't recall you having a #1 hit in the 2000's? so lying to the public about your success is kind of try hard. Also, why would I need payola to sell my albums, when you're the one scouting for people to check out your music. Oh yeah, I have inside scoop on stuff :)

Just know that if you ever come at me directly instead indirectly like you're doing, I will come at you 10X harder. So try me.

OOC: Great job on the RP :)
Offline kandii  
#3 Posted : 28 May 2020 09:50:28(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 10467 time(s) in 3435 post(s)
Romeo Lafavre: People don’t value walking legends until they’re no longer walking. Here’s the story: love her or hate her, Tisha Motherfucking Jackson! That’s it! Hard workers have nothing to prove.
thanks 1 user thanked kandii for this useful post.
TishaJackson!!!! on 28/05/2020(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#4 Posted : 28 May 2020 11:05:54(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
Payton: Ayoooooo dis some pop heat u feel meh? Gott dat baddd bittie vibe on dis am feelin it on duh real mah. U always dropping dat heat nomattA wat!!

OOC: Nice to see new Tisha material. I enjoyed these lyrics and the song overall :) Tisha always serving bad bitch energy. Let’s go! Bring on the album :P
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

Offline TishaJackson!!!!  
#5 Posted : 30 May 2020 16:18:38(UTC)
TishaJackson!!!!

Was thanked: 1323 time(s) in 638 post(s)
Originally Posted by: kandii Go to Quoted Post
Romeo Lafavre: People don’t value walking legends until they’re no longer walking. Here’s the story: love her or hate her, Tisha Motherfucking Jackson! That’s it! Hard workers have nothing to prove.

Tisha: You are too sweet! I definitely agree with the latter of your statement!

Originally Posted by: Famouss7x7 Go to Quoted Post
Payton: Ayoooooo dis some pop heat u feel meh? Gott dat baddd bittie vibe on dis am feelin it on duh real mah. U always dropping dat heat nomattA wat!!

OOC: Nice to see new Tisha material. I enjoyed these lyrics and the song overall :) Tisha always serving bad bitch energy. Let’s go! Bring on the album :P

Tisha: You already know we have some heat coming baby!

OOC: Thank you! Hard at work on this new album/era. So excited!
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage