logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Famouss7x7  
#1 Posted : 13 July 2020 15:49:59(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Artist: The Stat Nerds
Title: Move Like Fire
Genre(s): Electropop, Synthpop, Dance Pop
Length: 3:11
Writers: C.Hudson
Producer: Orion Washington
Label: Studio 60 Records
From The Album: Ambition

Move Like Fire is an official single release by pop boyband The Stat Nerds released on July 13th, 2020 as the first single release by the band in six years. Move Like Fire also serves as the leading single to their upcoming studio album titled "Ambition" that is slated for a late summer release. Move Like Fire also comes after the The Stat Nerds settled their legal dilemma with their previous management team after the Studio 60's complete revamp with new staff and conditions. The record itself is a tasty slice of uptempo pop that speaks of being fired up by the presence of another as they "move like fire", raising the chemistry between the two so much so that they'll "burn it down". The song features a stuttering synth-driven chorus that sees the boys come together vocally in one of their catchiest yet vocally powerful releases to date.

Leading up to this moment, the Stat Nerd's made themselves known as of one of the most controversial, yet outspoken groups to debut, with the talent to back up the outspoken nature of members such as Christopher Hudson and Jerry Holmes. They've been known for their glistening pop releases such as "Ready For The Weekend, "Want Ur Love" and "Out With a Bang" and "This Life". Despite the catchy tunes, the band has faced numerous label issues from the very start of their career. In 2011, the group experienced some label issues with their then label, Shooting Aces Records where they quietly released their album "Want To Be" and then quickly signed with Studio60 to release four #1 singles, including their coveted Christmas #1 "Drummer Boy". Preparation for the follow up of their first album were aided by the releases of the said singles, but management and label issues plagued the boys once more which led to another lapse in time before the release of a new single.

The boys returned once more with 2014's "Out With A Bang", which was named as a single from their upcoming album, still without a title at the time. Out With a Bang featured a roaring 'fun' beat that mixed some elements of R&B and disco-pop and suggestive lyrics. Out With a Bang proved to be a hit on radio and with fans, debut at #1 on Chart Heat. Despite the anticipation built up with Out With a Bang, The Stat Nerds took time off to continue recording the album amidst label issues and focused on other solo endeavors. During this six year period Christopher took part in Celebrity Big Brother and subsequently became the host of the show up until it's final season. Group member Brian went on to be apart of a #1 hit dance single "Halcyon" with Khalil Ferreira, Jerry shocked the world by coming out of the closest and getting married to Billy and Dennis embarked on a successful trek as a fitness ambassador. Jerry Holmes also took part in 2020's Celebrity Big Brother 7 in it's final season.

While Jerry was in the Celebrity Big Brother house, Studio60 relaunched with management, giving way for The Stat Nerd's to reintroduce themselves and finally release new music and the mystical album that is now called "Ambition". Leading up to the release of "Move Like Fire", the boys took to twitter to announce the single via their official group website where they also announced that their album is titled "Ambition". This instantly garnered hype from fans and pop spectators who have been craving new music from the tandem. A few days later, Jerry Holmes called in to ThatMusicSite to give more insight on the new single and album:
The album AND single is imminent. I know you think I'm bluffing, but when the album drops we've be back here as a group to say...we told ya so... I don't want to say too much about the new single since it's coming out really soon, just know that it'll make you want to Move like....FIRE. Move Like Fire will give you a taste of what's to come on the mystical album you speak of. I think one of the good things that came out of this whole break, was the fact that it gave a chance to really hone in on our sound and create something that's cohesive and indicative of THE Stat Nerds and how we've grown over the past 9 years. So when our fans hear it I know their wigs will be snatched.

"Move Like Fire" sound wise is a synth-pop driven record that features a hypnotic, stuttering chorus with fun electronic pop smoothness. The record starts off with a captivating start, Dennis is heard first on the record and sings about someone that catches his interest. Dennis' naturally agile alto voice is easily recognizable and mixes well with the pulsating beats. Shortly after, Christopher is heard offering his "perfect for pop" vocals that captivate the listener. As Christopher sings "I'm warmed up for a twelve-round thriller/So starry-eyed and out of sight/Here we go, I'm ready to ignite" the beats grow increasingly catchier, with growing synths behind Christopher's vocals and snapping beats exasperate the catchiness. The song then breaks into the chorus that offers disco influenced beats that are hypnotically catchy and synth driven. The boys come together for this part to sing the catchy chorus that has the boys sing out lyrics such as Put us out, put us out, put us out/With the way that you/Burn it down, burn it down, burn it down". Dennis then the ending lines of the chorus before Brian is heard for the first time over the record. Brian has a higher tone then the boys and his vocals are silky and smooth. Following Brian's vocals, Jerry is heard and his soulful voice offers some contrast to Brian's voice. Jerry sings the pre-chorus before the catchy, pulsating chorus repeats where the boys sing together and Christopher sings the final lines of the second chorus. The bridge offers of captivating R&B style bridge, that offers some electronic and trap-pop beats aided with synths. Here, Dennis and Christopher trade lines before the song rises once more for the final chorus where the boys sing, followed by Dennis finishing out the chorus and the boys joining together for one final time to sing "Burn it up, burn me up, b-burn it/Burn me up, burn it, yeah" before the song comes to a finish.

"Move Like Fire"

Dennis
Christopher
Jerry
Brian

I knew you'd be here tonight
Thought I'd go out and take the leap
Wildest dreams but I feel it so vividly
Try to play it cooler than ice
But you melt me with the deadly heat
Dripping down, what's coming over me?

Fight with myself, wanna take it slow
But I'm so lost in the inferno
Feel like I'm walking barefoot on coals
Hot under the collar, need to lose these clothes
I'm ready to taste that sweetest vanilla
I'm warmed up for a twelve-round thriller
So starry-eyed and out of sight
Here we go, I'm ready to ignite

Getting so hot in here, like a thousand degrees
Careful if you light the match, this is pure gasoline
Alarm's been raised, they'll wanna
Put us out, put us out, put us out
With the way that you
Burn it down, burn it down, burn it down

You move like fire, ah
Yeah, you move like fire, ah
So come on burn me now, burn me now
Burn me now, yeah

Burn it up, burn me up, b-burn it
Burn me up, burn it, yeah

Play with fire, pay the price
Yeah, I can never get over my curiosity
And you know exactly just how to tease
Wanna mix some sugar and spice
Burns going down but tastes so sweet
Nobody's watching, we can sneak another treat

Fight with myself, wanna take it slow
But I'm so lost in the inferno
Feel like I'm walking barefoot on coals
Hot under the collar, need to lose these clothes
I'm ready to taste that sweetest vanilla
I'm warmed up for a twelve-round thriller
So starry-eyed and out of sight
Here we go, I'm ready to ignite

With the way that you

You move like fire, ah
Burn me now, yeah

And it hurts so good, it hurts so good
Swirling in embers, let's raise the roof

With the way that you

You move like fire, ah
Burn me now, yeah

Sounds Like

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 9 users thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
2001clay on 13/07/2020(UTC), BrownSugar on 13/07/2020(UTC), erich hess on 13/07/2020(UTC), snap_itshannah on 13/07/2020(UTC), FiveT on 14/07/2020(UTC), freestylechamp on 14/07/2020(UTC), C4AJoh on 15/07/2020(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 19/07/2020(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 25/07/2020(UTC)
Offline 2001clay  
#2 Posted : 13 July 2020 15:52:58(UTC)
2001clay

Man
United States

Was thanked: 3543 time(s) in 1268 post(s)
Tika Mays: I Love This Song No Question to Ask
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

My Character:
Jade Trembay,
Ava Tuffin,
Gabby Love,
Jamel Jones,
Tamar Gilbert (TikaBKilla),
Rose Harris,
Liam Russell,
Natalie Mays,
BabyCrush
FRESH MIGUEL CA$H
Face2Face,
Murda Bling,
Cosmic Blue,
Camille Preston,
Chanel C. Fox,
Aubrey Cassidy,
Sophia Delaney,
Midnight20,
Sally Parkwood,
Tika Mays,
Diego Lopez,
Samantha Stevens,
Crescendo,
Paige Wesley,
Mr DJ Hurricane,
Keshia Love,
Stardom Boys,
Milian,
Sau'ron,
Alexis Brooke,
JasmineCharm,
Christina Moreno,
iCandy,
Slim Money,
Fatima Amari,
David Dankworth,
Ciara Lovett
Offline Famouss7x7  
#3 Posted : 14 July 2020 01:07:38(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Originally Posted by: 2001clay Go to Quoted Post
Tika Mays: I Love This Song No Question to Ask

Jerry: Thank you Tika! Loving your music as well (;
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
2001clay on 14/07/2020(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#4 Posted : 14 July 2020 03:17:38(UTC)
BrownSugar

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19124 time(s) in 7592 post(s)
Billy: Jerry is the best one. Let's face it. Good track you've got here. I mean...it's no "Attention"...but what is?

OOC: Weird seeing a new TSN song on the feed despite me writing it and us knowing it's been coming for a while lol. Very surreal. Felt like this project would never see the light of day with both of us busy with our own acts and the unpredictability of forum attendance. Glad this is all coming to fruition now! Was fun working on this one. A little bop if I do say so myself ;P
UserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

thanks 1 user thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
Famouss7x7 on 14/07/2020(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#5 Posted : 19 July 2020 16:22:16(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Originally Posted by: BrownSugar Go to Quoted Post
Billy: Jerry is the best one. Let's face it. Good track you've got here. I mean...it's no "Attention"...but what is?

OOC: Weird seeing a new TSN song on the feed despite me writing it and us knowing it's been coming for a while lol. Very surreal. Felt like this project would never see the light of day with both of us busy with our own acts and the unpredictability of forum attendance. Glad this is all coming to fruition now! Was fun working on this one. A little bop if I do say so myself ;P

Dennis: Haha, lets not get ahead of ourselves (;

OOC: I’m so happy with the results and glad we finally got around to it and the rest of the things we got cooking up. Honestly, sharing a band with you has been a breeze and it’s made for some interesting storylines and moments. Can’t wait to show the forum what else we been working on. ;P that mystical album is coming!!
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 19/07/2020(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#6 Posted : 01 August 2020 01:07:23(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
Serenity: Uh hello, come on vocals! Everyone did such a nice job and the beat is so crazy catchy, I can't wait to hear the album. I would really love to work with you guys sometime :)
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 2 users thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
Famouss7x7 on 01/08/2020(UTC), BrownSugar on 01/08/2020(UTC)
Offline RadioVine  
#7 Posted : 01 August 2020 01:30:30(UTC)
RadioVine

Was thanked: 1056 time(s) in 339 post(s)
RadioVine: JESUS FUCKIN CHRIST! Sorry I had to open this like that because fuck my niece well my producer child that I happen to call her my niece.. plays the dumb fuck out of this and it’s been in my head for the last few weeks! I don’t to hate her or love her for putting this great tune in my head! Because darlin— it’s real hot.
UserPostedImage

PRE SAVE NOW!

thanks 2 users thanked RadioVine for this useful post.
Famouss7x7 on 01/08/2020(UTC), BrownSugar on 01/08/2020(UTC)