logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

8 Pages«<5678>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Famouss7x7  
#121 Posted : 31 August 2020 07:34:24(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
When Cristina’s name is heard she heads onto the stage. She really didn’t think she would get this one. “WOW! FCAs. Thank you! Thank you to all who voted for this record. Also a huge thank you to Cara Zayn for co-writing this gem with me. We will share this one darling! I’m loving the show tonight and this just added that extra dessert. Thanks again!” Cristina smiles and heads off the stage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
erich hess on 31/08/2020(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#122 Posted : 31 August 2020 07:40:14(UTC)
BrownSugar

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19135 time(s) in 7597 post(s)
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

The rustling of the crowd slowly subsides as the darkened stage very gradually lights up just enough to reveal Joshua Grimmie and his backing band. The audience cheer and applaud for Grimmie as he marks his return to the FCA stage following the infamous "STEVE!" performance a few years back. Very light smoke trails sweet the stage, covering Joshua's feet. "FCA, it's been a while, huh?" Joshua says with a chuckle as he very gently starts to strum his guitar, playing a very low, gentle and tender melody. His band then follow suit, delicately playing to aid Joshua's very quiet and sparse plucking. He begins to speak again while continuing to play on. "You know, moments like these truly humble me. Sometimes, and I know a lot of people in this room can relate, sometimes I get caught up in this industry. I get so wrapped up in the worry. Lost in the fear. Irritated by the noise. I often forget how lucky I am to be in this position. It's such a privilege not only just to be able to perform on such an iconic and prestigious stage and be nominated for wonderful awards, but to be able to share my art and my messages with the entire world. Not everyone has this opportunity and I'm so grateful I get to share it with you," Joshua smiles and looks out into the large crowd, still playing away at the soft melody, in awe at the size of the place. His elated expression soon turns into one of mischief as he raises an eyebrow and moves closer to his microphone. "And as I love to share experiences, I'd like to dedicate this moment and this song to none other than Adam and Elyar Black...and anyone else who fucked my boyfriend behind my back! I am sure there are a few of you in this room tonight. I've heard of the saying "keep it in the family" but this is just fucking ridiculous!". Joshua laughs and the crowd erupt at the revelation that he has not only broadcast to the entire audience but, in the grand scheme of things, to the entire world.

Spilled my last drop into the ocean
Dried my eyes, calmed from the commotion
Tired of giving negativity my devotion
You fucked with my trust so leave my emotions
What did I ever see in you?

UserPostedImage UserPostedImage

Joshua begins to sing his #1 hit single, "SURPRISE!", although the tender melody continues to play as it seems he is treating us to a more stripped down, ballad-oriented rendition. The official version of the song is far more upbeat with heavy production and it doesn't allow the listener to truly appreciate Joshua's voice like this performance does. A lot of people only focus on his personal life and his story-telling lyrics, often not paying attention to the fact that he has a great voice. He is naturally very raspy with a very powerful chest voice. However, as he sings tonight, he is using a much softer head voice, verging on falsetto but not quite as high. His emotive performance really emphasise the lyrics within "SURPRISE!".

As he sings his verses, a montage of images appear behind him on the huge screens, showcasing a plethora of pictures of him and his ex-partner, Johnny. The audience audibly gasp as two recreated text "screenshots" appear, showing messages from "Johnny" to "Adam" and "Elyar". A strategically placed shrimp emoji covers an explicit picture that was sent out by Johnny to other men. The cameras pan around the room to find the shamed ex-lover but his seat is now empty.

I had to clear and rewire my head
Stuck on loop with all the words that you said
Tainted every crevice, needed a reset
Couldn't even rest up with what you brought to our bed
Don't act like you never knew

UserPostedImage

Joshua and his band stop for a few seconds, just taking in the screams from the crowd as they react to the truth bombs that have been dropped on stage. Joshua yells "GO!" and with that, an unexpected flash of light fills the stage, acting as a lightning strike. The projected "walls" behind Joshua start to crumble and reveal a thunderous "sky" behind him, filled with dark clouds and rain. The official studio version of SURPRISE! kicks in, all electric guitars and production blazing for the chaotic, kooky, mental-pop crossover chorus. Joshua's voice regains more of its harsh, throaty power as he bellows the epic chorus. It's evident that he believes every line he is singing. If the lyrics and prior pictures didn't send the message out correctly, Joshua's gusto will. He's not one to be stood on.

Do you really wanna know?
Well, if you really wanna know,
I just fucking hate you!
Does that cut right through to the bone?
Does that stick in your throat?
I'm not losing any sleep over you
You thought I'd run and jump,
Well...surprise!

UserPostedImage

As he comes out of the chorus and winds down into the verses, more smoke fills the stage, acting as fog. Again the dark skies in the background, it almost looks as if Joshua is out in some sort of swamp area at night. It then starts to fit into place. With all the harsh nature elements being used, it's symbolising the dark times and storms that Joshua has weathered over the last few years. The boy has had it rough and yet, here he is, performing at the FCA and going strong. By this point, the song is in full swing. The early 2000's, Britney-esque verses have almost everybody up on their feet, dancing along to the insanely catchy melody. SURPRISE! may be brutal lyrically, but it is an earworm of a song. The audience are simultaneously bopping while their jaws are dropping.

Don't worry, I'm not a walking disaster
These tears are just from dying with laughter
Climbing the snakes and moving the ladders
Rules to you, they just never seemed to matter
Guess it was just one big joke

Always thought that I had a thick skin
But I found it so hard to take it on the chin
I know they say that "he who without sin..."
But I really hope you get a taste of your own medicine
Praying that it burns in your throat

UserPostedImage

Joshua then runs down the catwalk, getting much closer to the audience and getting them involved for the huge anthem-like chorus. The song was a huge success, becoming Joshua's first #1 single and one of the biggest hits of 2020 thus far. Practically everyone in the room knows it and is seen singing along with him. He jumps around gleefully, feeling the hype from the crowd while also effortlessly belting away and setting that guitar alight. SURPRISE! already has a massive soundscape but in this live performance, the wild song is only amplified. It truly feels like one big "fuck you!", dedicated to anyone that the audience members wish to send that message to. While it's a very personal track for Joshua, the overall message still empowers others and can be interpreted in other ways if they so wish. "Sing with me, Fan Choice Awards!!" Joshua commands, before raising his microphone up the air, picking up the sound of the audience as he runs back to the main portion of the stage.

I just fucking hate you!
Well...surprise!

UserPostedImage

Placing his microphone back into the stand just in time for the chorus to repeat again, the "hole" in the "wall" behind Joshua crumbles again and grows even wider. Brighter lights fill the stage, giving off very cold and winter-like vibes, aided by what appears to be "rain" and "snow" that fall down on top of Joshua and his band. It is a very light but persistent fall that eventually does start to cling to Joshua's vest and slightly dampen his hair.

Wanna know exactly where to go?
It's dark out and getting frosty
And no, I'm no longer sleeping alone
Not holding onto hope and my phone
Clinging onto his gorgeous body
Speaking of, he's coming around tonight
Ain't that a surprise!

UserPostedImage UserPostedImage

As Joshua enters the bridge of the song, the projection of the dark skies fades from the between the hole in the wall. As he sings, a black and white picture of Adam Black, followed by Elyar Black with the question "WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?" written in huge white capital letters over their faces appear behind Joshua. He's truly naming and shaming. The original lyrics were a dig at Johnny Carter, and while still very much that at the core, these specific lines in the bridge can also apply to Adam and Elyar, as it can be interpreted that they conspired against Grimmie considering they had "beef" prior to this scandal.

Who the fuck do you think you are?
Did you want me to fall apart?
Did you just want to dim my star?
But you can't break this golden heart
Oh, I bet that was a surprise!

Never complained when I came out on top
So why do you now want me to stop?

Joshua winks after delivering the last two lines, containing a sexual innuendo, and points out into the crowd as if addressing someone specific. The camera then shows Grimmie's current boyfriend, Dae Ho Park, as he sings the words "came out on top", again being very suggestive. Another pang of light floods from behind Grimmie and he jumps up, thrashing his guitar as he lands, leading straight back into the huge chorus again.

UserPostedImage

I just fucking hate you!
Well...surprise!

Throughout the choruses, the entire "wall" behind Joshua completely dismantles and while the "rain" begins to fall even heavier on him, the entire colour scheme brightens up. Instead of imposing, dreary and glum colours, the stage is now a beautiful hue of red and orange, representing the sun setting on a difficult chapter and a new horizon on the way. The heavy rainfall also symbolises Joshua washing away everything that was clinging to him from that time. "You know I like to get wet, Liverpool!". Oh, yeah...it can also be referencing another pop culture story regarding Joshua. He knows fine well what he's doing. He winks and sweeps his wet hair back before belting out the chorus for once last time.

Wanna know exactly where to go?
It's dark out and getting frosty
And no, I'm no longer sleeping alone
Not holding onto hope and my phone
Clinging onto his gorgeous body
Speaking of, he's coming around tonight
Ain't that a surprise!

UserPostedImage

Who the fuck do you think you are?
Did you want me to fall apart?
Did you just want to dim my star?
But you can't break this golden heart
Oh, I bet that was a surprise!

UserPostedImage

The bridge section returns, this time being used as an "outro" for the song. Joshua holds onto his mic stand and closes his eyes as he sings the word, visibly gritting his teeth as he delivers them. This has been a hellish experience in his life but he's now taking ownership of them. Seriously. Who DO these people think they are? He's sending a message out. Don't mess with Joshua Grimmie.

After delivering his final lines, he smiles from ear to ear and places his hands on his chest, feeling so humbled yet overwhelmingly loved as the crowd cheer in support of him. A divisive figure, young Joshua very rarely feels adoration like this. The love is wonderful but it's the support and the fact that people have listened to him that truly tugs at his heartstrings. With the release of Johnny's last album and Joshua having a mental breakdown, which resulted in him acting very....questionably, the last year felt like one big Joshua hate train. It was easy to point the finger and a huge false narrative was being spun. The release of SURPRISE! and this FCA performance has got to be the biggest Uno reverse card in history. Joshua is now living his best life and those who publicly wronged him have now been introduced to Ms Karma.

UserPostedImage

"Surprise, motherfuckers!" Joshua says provocatively while doing a "mic drop" gesture before heading off the stage, leaving everyone behind in the chaos as he casually walks off stage, pushing his wet hair back from his eyes.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

thanks 9 users thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
2001clay on 31/08/2020(UTC), freestylechamp on 31/08/2020(UTC), erich hess on 31/08/2020(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 31/08/2020(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 31/08/2020(UTC), kandii on 31/08/2020(UTC), PANIC! on 31/08/2020(UTC), FiveT on 31/08/2020(UTC), C4AJoh on 31/08/2020(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#123 Posted : 31 August 2020 07:46:10(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Naomi, although in disbelief still claps for Joshua's controversial performance

Nick stands up and claps for one of his favorite artists amazing performance
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
2001clay on 31/08/2020(UTC)
Offline 2001clay  
#124 Posted : 31 August 2020 07:46:29(UTC)
2001clay

Man
United States

Was thanked: 3545 time(s) in 1269 post(s)
Trinity Love were shook from Joshua performance but they smile & clap
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

My Character:
Jade Trembay,
Ava Tuffin,
Gabby Love,
Jamel Jones,
Tamar Gilbert (TikaBKilla),
Rose Harris,
Liam Russell,
Natalie Mays,
BabyCrush
FRESH MIGUEL CA$H
Face2Face,
Murda Bling,
Cosmic Blue,
Camille Preston,
Chanel C. Fox,
Aubrey Cassidy,
Sophia Delaney,
Midnight20,
Sally Parkwood,
Tika Mays,
Diego Lopez,
Samantha Stevens,
Crescendo,
Paige Wesley,
Mr DJ Hurricane,
Keshia Love,
Stardom Boys,
Milian,
Sau'ron,
Alexis Brooke,
JasmineCharm,
Christina Moreno,
iCandy,
Slim Money,
Fatima Amari,
David Dankworth,
Ciara Lovett
Offline Famouss7x7  
#125 Posted : 31 August 2020 07:47:34(UTC)
Famouss7x7

UserPostedImage

"This next award has been hotly contested. we've got the loud an proud." karoliena says before nodding towards payton. the crowd seems to love every time she mentions him and goes appropriately mad with the clapping and yelling, "to the subdued,but still a force of nature acts,like tisha jackson and kara romero. i am speaking of course,about the favorite urban act. let us see who the people picked..." karoliena teases before purposely opening the envelope slowly. as a dominatrix,she loves to prolong the pay off.

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 8 users thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
2001clay on 31/08/2020(UTC), BrownSugar on 31/08/2020(UTC), erich hess on 31/08/2020(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 31/08/2020(UTC), freestylechamp on 31/08/2020(UTC), FiveT on 31/08/2020(UTC), C4AJoh on 31/08/2020(UTC), PANIC! on 01/09/2020(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#126 Posted : 31 August 2020 07:48:30(UTC)
Famouss7x7

UserPostedImage

"Our winner may not want to stroll too far from the stage. because up next? favorite urban single!" karoliena says brightly while holding the envelope and tapping it on the podium. she doesnt want the release just yet. "now we have some stalwarts of the urban genre here. deneil comes to mind. the second khan to win big brother!" karoliena claps while retaining a small small smirk. "you know,i almost joined that season too. i guess it is for the best. i dont take losing nicely. so we all know why we are here. i've teased you all long enough.." karoliena laughs to the crowd before drinking another martini and motioning for a stagehand to bring her a new one. "the favorite urban single of this hellish year is:"

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 8 users thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 31/08/2020(UTC), 2001clay on 31/08/2020(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 31/08/2020(UTC), erich hess on 31/08/2020(UTC), kandii on 31/08/2020(UTC), FiveT on 31/08/2020(UTC), C4AJoh on 31/08/2020(UTC), PANIC! on 01/09/2020(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#127 Posted : 31 August 2020 07:50:08(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Was thanked: 17923 time(s) in 10416 post(s)
erica is silent in her chair with her mouth wide open. "hole lee fuck!" she finally exclaims. she looks around for wherever adam and elyar could be. she never knew they were involved with joshua's life. "i... dont think anyone's been publicly burned like that in a long time." she says softly.

nina find this hilarious and is laughing loudly. " fucking love it.did the brothers know they were fucking the same man? whew." she sighs with amusement.

one one hand,erich nearly has fallen in love with joshua. the balls this took... but at the same time,he feels guilty. that could easily be selene up there saying that to him. he motions for another whisky and starts drinking again.

mariko makes a face of disgust. " ew. why are these two always so gross?!"
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
Offline 2001clay  
#128 Posted : 31 August 2020 07:51:28(UTC)
2001clay

Man
United States

Fatima clap for Orion & Deneil
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

My Character:
Jade Trembay,
Ava Tuffin,
Gabby Love,
Jamel Jones,
Rose Harris,
Liam Russell,
Natalie Mays,
BabyCrush
FRESH MIGUEL CA$H
Face2Face,
Murda Bling,
Cosmic Blue,
Camille Preston,
Chanel C. Fox,
Aubrey Cassidy,
Sophia Delaney,
Midnight20,
Sally Parkwood,
Tika Mays,
Diego Lopez,
Samantha Stevens,
Crescendo,
Paige Wesley,
Mr DJ Hurricane,
Keshia Love,
Stardom Boys,
Milian,
Sau'ron,
Alexis Brooke,
JasmineCharm,
Christina Moreno,
iCandy,
Slim Money,
Fatima Amari,
David Dankworth,
Ciara Lovett
Offline Famouss7x7  
#129 Posted : 31 August 2020 07:55:34(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Cristina Lake wasn't a huge fan of the public sabotage, but she still respected Joshua's vocal ability and overall performance skills.

Cassie was seen clapping for the winners in the urban category

Jerry was seen clapping for Deneil. "YES!!!"
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline freestylechamp  
#130 Posted : 31 August 2020 07:57:47(UTC)
freestylechamp

Man
United States

Was thanked: 6094 time(s) in 2656 post(s)
A lot of the people still buzzing of Joshua's Performance.

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline erich hess  
#131 Posted : 31 August 2020 07:58:13(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

the hesses approve of deneil and orion. the two acts were nothing short of the future.

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
Offline BrownSugar  
#132 Posted : 31 August 2020 07:58:54(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Deneil coughs and wafts the air around him, as he's just come in from the fire exit area after having a little "smoke" for encouragement. Barely having time to digest it, he has to run up to the stage to collect his award. "Fucking 'ell fam! I just keep winning this year, eh?" Deneil says with a cheeky wink towards his fellow CBB7 alumni. "Cheers!"

During Joshua's performance, Dustyn tries his best to hide his gleeful smile, not wanting to be caught up in any drama but seeing his ex dragged like that?Yeah, he's getting a little kick out of it. Billy doesn't hide his happiness, cheering Joshua on. His energy is only amplified when his baby brother wins an award. Billy's a little drunk.
UserPostedImage

Offline PANIC!  
#133 Posted : 31 August 2020 07:59:34(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

Was thanked: 2741 time(s) in 1013 post(s)
Ryan Ross Hernandez Returns at the Fan Choice Awards VII

UserPostedImage
August 30th, 2020 at the M&S Bank Arena in Liverpool, England, UK

Once the crowd noise settles down, a softly strum acoustic guitar is heard echoing through the arena with the lights dimmed, before a single spotlight shines at center stage revealing Ryan Ross Hernandez standing in front of a mic, his head hanging down as he plays. It is the first time in over five years that Ryan is taking part in a televised performance, the last time coincidently enough was at the Fan Choice Awards in 2015. Many feel he steps on stage tonight with a chip on his shoulder as this is the first time he hits the big stage since entering his forties, now at forty-two years old. Pink lights start flashing around the arena in quick intervals, a bouncy piano key starting to play in sequence. Ryan takes the mic off its stand and lets his guitar hand behind his back, the lanky, tall-haired guitarist steps out from the limelight. A drumbeat starts going in the background, as Hernandez bops his head to the rhythm, a camera zooming in on his face as the lights reflect off him, bringing the mic to his mouth and sighing out before starting to sing.

'Cause you make my earth quake
Oh, you make my earth quake
Riding around, your love be shakin’ me up
And it's making my heart break
'Cause you make my earth quake
Oh, you make my earth quake
Riding around, your love be shakin’ me up
And it's making my heart break

Don't leave, it's my fault
’Cause when it all comes crashing down I’ll need you

After his quick cover of Tyler, the Creator's "Earfquake", everything falls silence for a few moments, the camera zooming out so the audience at home can see a full view of the stage. Ryan returns to the mic stand at centerstage, he adjusts his acoustic guitar and starts to play a recognizable melody, before starting to sing the chorus of his last recognizable and controversial hit single from over four years ago "The Younger Heart" live for the first time ever.

How many times do we gotta fuck before we can call it love?
'Cause somewhere between the cracks of sunshine that hit your tanned skin
As you sleep so soundly, so peacefully
And the way your lips kissed mine
Between moans the night before
It makes me believe that this could be the start of us
Falling into something
Something that we could call love

He skips over the first and second verse of the song, the lights raising more as the drums lightly come into play along with a quiet bass in the background. Hernandez finally looks up leaning closer to the microphone stand as he jumps to the bridge of the song, his feet bouncing along to the music.

Maybe it's for the best now
After all this time has passed between then and now
I fell in love with someone who left
And I'm the only one to blame once again
While I heard through mutual friends
That you went back to your ex-boyfriend
And I just smirk because you deserve to find the love we were never able to make
Some nights I still wonder what could have been
Sometimes romance is all about timing, which we never got right
I think you were swallowed up in some guilt of a past ghost in our lives

How many times do we gotta fuck before we can call it love?
'Cause somewhere between the cracks of sunshine that hit your tanned skin
As you sleep so soundly, so peacefully
And the way your lips kissed mine
Between moans the night before
It makes me believe that this could be the start of us
Falling into something
Something that we could call love

Hernandez steps away from the microphone, a string section appearing on the side stage as they add another layer to the song live, perfectly accompanying the guitar, bass, and drum structure that was already in play. Once we reach the coda, Ryan returns to the microphone, the last five lines of it seemingly improvised on the spot as they were not part of the studio version that most would recognize.

Maybe I'm a selfish piece of shit who could not set his eyes on somebody else
Maybe you got scared of actually falling in love with someone like me
Maybe you never got over that other guy whose name I still can't place
Maybe there's no one to blame here and life just got in the way like it usually does
But maybe we were just a phase in each other's lives
You learn from it and keep on changing
I'm sorry for coming back when you already had me buried, younger heart
Now I just hope for your happiness from afar
'Cause I don't have the mental capacity to be your friend
And those words are not meant to hurt, they are just the truth
Can you believe I'm trying to be honest now?

The stage goes completely dark and quiet at the same moment the second Ryan stops singing. After a moment of silence, bright lights shine on the empty stage again, two dozen members of a drum line are walking down the aisles between the crowd, playing a hypnotic, repeated melody. Hernandez, now with his long sleeved shirt removed and just in a plain white t-shirt and black pants, is seen sitting down on the stairs towards the stage as the drummers pass by him on both sides.

Are you Amadou Diallo? Are you Eric Garner? Are you Ezell Ford? Are you Tamir Rice?
Are you Philando Castile? Are you Bettie Jones? Are you George Floyd? Are you Botham Jean?
Are you Amadou Diallo? Are you Eric Garner? Are you Ezell Ford? Are you Tamir Rice?
Are you Philando Castile? Are you Bettie Jones? Are your George Floyd? Are you Botham Jean?
Are you Philando Castile? Are you Bettie Jones? Are your George Floyd? Are you Botham Jean?

As Ryan sings the hook for the recent remix from Kara Romero, Jay-C, and Stephanie Fierce's single "Are We One?" with each new line Hernandez's voice growing in strength, up until the last few lines where he is almost yelling out the words, his facial expression showing anger. The drum line continues to play when RRH finally stands up and returns to the mic, strapping an electric guitar around his shoulder. "I know we are currently in the UK but the issue of racial justice and social reform for BIPOC needs to be something where we all come together and fight for it, regardless of where you're from, your background, your skin color. This is a song for anyone who is just sick and tired of hearing about another black person being killed at the hand of cops. This is a song for anyone who is sick of how much hate there is in this world. That needs to stop. The system is rigged and to everyone here or watching from home that has the right to vote in the US this November, I urge you to partake in the elections because change starts at the national level and we who live in America don't have competent leadership right now. This song is called In Hate We Trust, USA." After delivering his first banter of the night, carrying a powerful message on the current state of things, Hernandez starts to perform a gentle guitar section, as a piano, drums, bass, and second guitar join in to create a beautiful, airy sound.

Let’s take a trip down memory lane for a minute if I may
It was the spring of ‘91 and I was walking home from school
I was a quiet kid who kept to himself
I didn’t have many friends ‘cause most of my days were spent locked away in my room playing guitar
I saw some assholes push a kid to the ground and kicked his ass
They called him a fucking faggot just ‘cause he listened to different music and wore a lot of pink to class

They were some kids who lived on the better part of town in a neighborhood where everybody looks alike
The world is at their feet and they could never be wrong
That’s what their parents instilled in them
It’s just what they learned from their parents too
They see nothing wrong with how dangerous it is to teach hate and prejudice

Most of those kids I grew up with now have children of their own
They never left the same town where they felt safe
They all married within their own race
The entire family goes to church on Sunday mornings
The same one where the archbishop covered up the pastor's pedophilia case some thirty years ago
Can you show me the Bible that approves of that behavior?

It is clear that this is one of the most honest songs Hernandez has written yet, this time around not focusing on his problems or relationship failures, instead giving for the first time in his career an insight of where he grew up and what he saw as a child up to his adulthood. As the pre-chorus starts, the music gets louder all around, Hernandez playing a more complex guitar melody.

(Pre-Chorus)
I thought most of us had stride to be a better person
How wrong was I to think that?
When these days people are still getting beaten and killed ‘cause of race and sexuality
You should probably check again your faith if it taught you to be an asshole

(Chorus)
All the children that lost a parent
All the parents that lost a child
All ‘cause the color of their skin was hated by some racist fucks
The same who keep waving confederate flags when they have no idea what they even stand for
It’s all about pride in this country
Nobody wants to be told what to do or lose their right to bear arms
Cops are trying to start a war with every senseless murder of another black person
In the stolen land of the free
Only if you’re white will you feel safe leaving your house
Only if you’re white will you have no trouble here

The pre-hook and chorus tackles police brutality, racism, and homophobia. Once Ryan starts singing the chorus we see behind him, the drum line coming back into play this time all of them wearing Black Lives Matter shirts as they start to performing again.

Driving back home with a few drinks in my system
It was a quarter after three in the morning
I hear the sirens behind me and see the cop car through my rearview mirror
They pull me over to side of the road and I kept my hands on the wheel
They didn’t even ask me to take a breathalyzer test
They told me to slow down by ten miles and gave me a smile as they waked off
Only ‘cause the color of my skin did not scare them

For eight minutes and forty-six seconds we watched a white man kneel on the windpipe of a black man
Until the soul of that son, that father, that friend, that human faded away before our eyes
And if you’re not pissed off about it, you’re clearly not listening and you don’t care
‘Cause it does not directly affect you
You were born with the right color skin

Hernandez steps away, submerged in his guitar playing as he performs a small solo between the verses and the next chorus, his head hanging back and eyes closed as he puts all his emotions. The instrumentation behind him following his rhythm as the drum line plays a rolling beat that continues through the next chorus.

(Pre-Chorus)
When these days people are still getting beaten and killed ‘cause of race and sexuality

(Chorus)
The same who keep waving confederate flags when they have no idea what they even stand for
Cops are trying to start a war with every senseless murder of another black person

Ryan steps out of the limelight he was under and continues to play in the shadows as various news clips are shown in the background of the recent murders of blacks committed by law enforcement across the United States, sprinkled with BLM movement protests and fights raging between protesters and riot police. Hernandez along with his band perform an extended solo piece while the clips play, the sounds mixing together and echoing in and out through the arena.

(Bridge)
All you achieved with your rhetoric was making hate acceptable
A safe space for every racist, every misogynist, every xenophobe
They see you as a protector for all their fucked up values
People are dying, people are killed
But you’re too busy playing fucking golf
The sight of a MAGA hat makes me sick to my stomach
It shows that all you trust in is hate
In hate is all we trust, America

(Pre-Chorus)

(Chorus)

“Black lives matter. Goodnight,” he says as soon as the music stops, the drum line and backing band walk off the stage. Hernandez stands and looks out at the audience for a few seconds, running a hand through his pitch black hair. He takes off his guitar and places it down on the ground as the Black Lives Matter banner returns behind him while he walks off the stage.

RRH Setlist

Earfquake (Tyler, the Creator cover ) > The Younger Heart
Are We One? (Kara Romero, Jay-C, Stephanie Fierce (cover)
In Hate We Trust, USA (new song)
UserPostedImage
thanks 10 users thanked PANIC! for this useful post.
Famouss7x7 on 31/08/2020(UTC), freestylechamp on 31/08/2020(UTC), Read hard on 31/08/2020(UTC), erich hess on 31/08/2020(UTC), 2001clay on 31/08/2020(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 31/08/2020(UTC), BrownSugar on 31/08/2020(UTC), kandii on 31/08/2020(UTC), FiveT on 31/08/2020(UTC), C4AJoh on 31/08/2020(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#134 Posted : 31 August 2020 08:05:00(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Nick Urie was seen clapping for Ryan Ross Hernandez, an artist he's admired for many years growing up.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline 2001clay  
#135 Posted : 31 August 2020 08:06:44(UTC)
2001clay

Man
United States

David Dankworth clapping to Ryan
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

My Character:
Jade Trembay,
Ava Tuffin,
Gabby Love,
Jamel Jones,
Rose Harris,
Liam Russell,
Natalie Mays,
BabyCrush
FRESH MIGUEL CA$H
Face2Face,
Murda Bling,
Cosmic Blue,
Camille Preston,
Chanel C. Fox,
Aubrey Cassidy,
Sophia Delaney,
Midnight20,
Sally Parkwood,
Tika Mays,
Diego Lopez,
Samantha Stevens,
Crescendo,
Paige Wesley,
Mr DJ Hurricane,
Keshia Love,
Stardom Boys,
Milian,
Sau'ron,
Alexis Brooke,
JasmineCharm,
Christina Moreno,
iCandy,
Slim Money,
Fatima Amari,
David Dankworth,
Ciara Lovett
Offline Famouss7x7  
#136 Posted : 31 August 2020 08:10:03(UTC)
Famouss7x7

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

The lights go down on what appears to be an empty stage. Sections of the crowd mumble, discussing the possibilities of what they may be about to witness. Suddenly, seductive shades of pink and red lighting begin to flash in correspondence to the slowed down into of the classic instrumental piece, "The Stripper" by David Rose. A platform slowly rises from the centre of the stage, revealing Karoliena, Payton, two showgirls and a large Martini glass prop. Payton appears to be tied to a chair, each of the showgirls stand either side of him yielding a huge white feather fan each while Karoliena is stood behind the rapper, clad in a bejewelled ensemble, straight out of the glory days of the 1920s with a white and gold feather boa around her neck. "The Stripper" kicks into its usual tempo and the showgirls saunter off to either side of the stage, leaving just Payton and Karoliena.

"Liverpool is feeling very...HOT...tonight..." Karoliena begins, fanning herself with her hand as she walks around Payton in a sultry manner. "I'm burning up!" Karoliena dabs at her chest before sensually removing her long, sheer gloves, hanging them over Payton's shoulders. "But don't worry, it's just the raw sexual magnetism of this Puerto Rican Prince. I was tested for that other thing before I came in." Karoliena steps out of her silver, glittery high heels before strutting behind Payton. "Was all very intrusive..." Karoliena then leans over Payton's shoulder and places her lips dangerously close to his ears, "...in VERY tight spaces." Wolf whistles erupt from within the crowd and Karoliena winks before placing a foot on Payton's lap, slowly pulling off her left stocking. She then switches to the other side and does the same for her right stocking. Karoliena then wraps her boa around Payton's neck and gives him a quick kiss on the cheek.

Karoliena's showgirls return, moving in time with the beat of the jazz piece, while Karoliena stands in front of Payton, sensually swaying her hips from side to side as she reaches around her back and begins to undo her corset. The girls wave their fans, covering and then uncovering Karoliena frequently as she undoes the laces at the back, before throwing the fans off to the side of the stage, now revealing the star in just her sparkling bra and panties. Karoliena walks to the edge of the stage, teasingly playing with the straps of her bra and giving seductive looks into the cameras, bringing the viewers at home into the equation. She pulls down the left strap a little and then the right before cupping under her breasts and turning around, walking back towards Payton. In time with the music, Karoliena turns to face the camera again, unhooking her bra from the back and pulling it off swiftly, revealing sparkling pasties. She throws her bra into the audience and playfully drops her jaw and covers her mouth, feigning shock.

Her showgirls then help Karoliena up into the martini glass, which is filled with bubbles, water and an inflatable olive. "It's time to cool off!", she exclaims before sinking into the water and writhing around in time with the music. Karoliena picks up the big inflatable olive and bites on the edge of it, letting water fall from it and down her chest. She then drops the olive back into the glass and hangs her legs over the edge before spinning herself around in circles. As the music track nears its end, Karoliena gets on her knees and starts splashing the water in time with each beat. For the finale, Karoliena dips into the water before throwing it out over the rim of the glass and soaking the tied up Payton down below. She holds her arms up in victory as the crowd whistle and applaud.

Edited by user 31 August 2020 08:10:54(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 9 users thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 31/08/2020(UTC), erich hess on 31/08/2020(UTC), kandii on 31/08/2020(UTC), freestylechamp on 31/08/2020(UTC), BrownSugar on 31/08/2020(UTC), Read hard on 31/08/2020(UTC), FiveT on 31/08/2020(UTC), C4AJoh on 31/08/2020(UTC), PANIC! on 01/09/2020(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#137 Posted : 31 August 2020 08:10:36(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

erich resumes drinking after rhh's set. he gives the man a standing ovation. or,in his case,a wobbly ovation. the set was nothing short of amazing. it was surprise to see ryan onstage again and seeming to have not missed a beat in his time away.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline BrownSugar  
#138 Posted : 31 August 2020 08:11:18(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Joshua watches Ryan, an artist he admires greatly, from backstage as he's still drying off from a very wet performance.
UserPostedImage

Offline kandii  
#139 Posted : 31 August 2020 08:14:25(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 10467 time(s) in 3435 post(s)
Anniken whistles for Karoliena.
Offline Famouss7x7  
#140 Posted : 31 August 2020 08:16:03(UTC)
Famouss7x7

The boys of PROXIMO are in awe of Karoliena as they watch her give a sexy striptease to her co-host Payton. They are happy for their manager and boss, who is getting a nice treat on a big night.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage