logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Gildermershina  
#1 Posted : 03 July 2009 12:09:28(UTC)
Gildermershina

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 76 post(s)
For reference, the forum's moderators are:

asdf
C4AJoh
genocidal king
Laurelles1
GirlSpice
RoseJapanFan
erich hess
BrownSugar
Princess_Valentine

If you have any problems with other members breaking rules or causing havoc, chances are one of us will catch it within a couple hours. However, we are not present 24/7. If you need to get our attention, send one of us a PM, and we will do our best.

That being said we are here to enforce the rules and make sure the board stays friendly. That doesn't mean you can just ask us to ban people you don't like, or make other people into mods. We will suspend people when there is no other choice. If you receive a warning, pay attention, or you will be suspended. If you are suspended, and you set up a second account, that account will be indefinitely suspended, and your original account will receive an extension to the suspension.

The point being: play nice, and don't take it to seriously. If an argument runs on for 10 pages, it's simply not worth our time to delete all the individual posts, so it'll just get locked. If you do find yourself getting angry, leave the computer, go take a walk, whatever. It's not the end of the world. If someone's harrassing or bullying you, PM us, and then take a break. We'll deal with it.

Anyway, just trying to clarify for everyone what our job is. We'd rather be hands-off about it than rule with an iron fist. The mods are not all the same person, some of us have shorter tempers than others, some of us are quicker to jump to suspension, but we're all enforcing the same rules for your benefit.

Edited by moderator 04 September 2014 18:03:54(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage
Offline asdf  
#2 Posted : 03 July 2009 13:08:07(UTC)
asdf

Man

Was thanked: 539 time(s) in 290 post(s)
I think everyone is over reaction about my thread about how I should be a mod. I wasn't trying to knock any of you. Just stating that I though considering I am her 24/7(because I have no life) that I would be a good filler while you were all gone. True there me be 5 mods, but only 3 of them are actually on regularly and even they aren't on all the time like I am. Not saying that's bad. It just means you have a life and I don't. There was no reason for my thread to be locked other than the stupid fight that took place with in it.

Sorry if I made you angry, I wasn't trying to. I was only saying that there are a lot of times when I am here and there are a lot of fights going on when you all aren't on and I am. If it make you angry that I said this then maybe you should take a deep breath and think about it.

Also, I am not sure but it sounds like you are saying that you would suspend me for mentioning something like this...if that is true and you are saying that then...wow, talk about being a little power hungry. But, I am not saying if you are or aren't cause I don't know if that's what you meant.

Anyway, that's my opinion and if it makes you mad. Too bad.

Edited by user 03 July 2009 13:21:04(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Proud member since September 6th, 2007!

Proud to be a mod since May 5th, 2011!

Currently writing the longest Solo-Written RP in Rockstar Game History
Offline Rincewind  
#3 Posted : 03 July 2009 19:29:45(UTC)
Rincewind

Man

Was thanked: 124 time(s) in 87 post(s)
i am on a lot more than you think asdf... Its just i only post when i see a point to it... No reason in my opinion making a non-sensical point in a non-sensical topic, I'd rather just reply and talk about the things i want to :)
I hate it when people see me at the supermarket and they are like:
Hey, what are you doing here?
and im just like:
Oh you know, hunting elephants
Offline xNightsidex  
#4 Posted : 03 July 2009 23:03:53(UTC)
xNightsidex

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 20 post(s)
asdf wrote:
I think everyone is over reaction about my thread about how I should be a mod. I wasn't trying to knock any of you. Just stating that I though considering I am her 24/7(because I have no life) that I would be a good filler while you were all gone. True there me be 5 mods, but only 3 of them are actually on regularly and even they aren't on all the time like I am. Not saying that's bad. It just means you have a life and I don't. There was no reason for my thread to be locked other than the stupid fight that took place with in it.

Sorry if I made you angry, I wasn't trying to. I was only saying that there are a lot of times when I am here and there are a lot of fights going on when you all aren't on and I am. If it make you angry that I said this then maybe you should take a deep breath and think about it.

Also, I am not sure but it sounds like you are saying that you would suspend me for mentioning something like this...if that is true and you are saying that then...wow, talk about being a little power hungry. But, I am not saying if you are or aren't cause I don't know if that's what you meant.

Anyway, that's my opinion and if it makes you mad. Too bad.

I don't recall anyone saying they'll suspend you for mentioning things in this vein?

On the other hand, the topic was locked because there was indeed, an argument going on within it.
Offline asdf  
#5 Posted : 04 July 2009 00:12:03(UTC)
asdf

Man

Was thanked: 539 time(s) in 290 post(s)
True, there was an argument going on in it. But it had ended and started somewhere else. My thread had just started to get back on topic and you locked it.
Proud member since September 6th, 2007!

Proud to be a mod since May 5th, 2011!

Currently writing the longest Solo-Written RP in Rockstar Game History