logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Famouss7x7  
#21 Posted : 26 November 2020 17:29:29(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
OOC: WHAT. A. DEBUT. Can we just take a second to appreciate how much you have slayed with this debut? From the very first interview, to the debut single and now his first project. No one saw Sonny coming and now we cannot forget him. You always introduce and RP such interesting characters and Sonny just continues to prove that. Each lyric on here is top notch. I don’t know how you do it. Really enjoyed these quality pop records that are far from cookie cutter. This is quality. All the tracks are awesome but I love “Somewhat Reliable”, really ended off the EP with a bang. So excited for what’s in store for Sonny and props to you for getting another amazing body of work out to us. Get it sis!!
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 26/11/2020(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#22 Posted : 20 December 2020 04:49:18(UTC)
BrownSugar

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19114 time(s) in 7586 post(s)
Originally Posted by: FiveT Go to Quoted Post
OOC: FINALLY BEING GETTING TO COMMENT ON SONNY'S EP AFTER DAYS! LOL I really loved the thought and the whole theme of computers, electronic devices linked to emotions and real life. I like how you searched and studied even single words to address this, like for example 'cyber sweat' or being 'wired', in a 'system'. It's all connected (OK, I'm getting into the vibe! Haha :P).
Also when I first read 'Sonny Falls Into The Void' it felt like a Blackoutney but now hearing a whole EP sound it reminds me of an Italian artist that I love who feels totally like Sonny music-wise. She's famous here and groundbreaking, she also goes deep in her lyrics using word connections, metaphors and particular themes. I like this type of stuff.
Also the Sonny's comments really give an insight of his personality and character, like he seems so nerdy and philosophical but wihtout sounding too boring. This is a good job Sean!

OOC: And I'm finally getting around to responding! lol. Been wrapped up in GOLDENHEART, other people's work, the charts, Christmas stuff...WHEW!! Thank you so much for the lovely comment! Yeah, it was really fun to do a concept record. Once I had the idea and the different topics I wanted to touch on, it all wrote itself very quickly. Although, it was difficult not to repeat myself. Only so many times I can mention "wires" and a "system" lol. I greatly appreciate your comment and compliments. This was a really spontaneous and rather different project for me and I'm soooo happy that you enjoy it as well as the character of Sonny! :P

Originally Posted by: PANIC! Go to Quoted Post
RRH: Man, that album cover takes me back. The year was 1992. I was fifteen years old and my mom bought me a computer. The monitor weighed about twelve pounds and the visual quality was shit, while the case weighed another twenty some pounds. Nothing like waiting thirty-six minutes for that low quality picture of some naked lady. Those were the days... anyways, enough of me rambling and showing my age. This EP and the concept around it are cool. Back in high school I used to be the nerd that would try to build his own computer motherboards and all that jazz, so as I've gotten older and seen technology becoming an everyday thing we all consume, I do appreciate the references to it all found throughout this project. I could listen to the entire EP without skipping a song, it just flows effortlessly together. I'm looking forward to what you may have up your sleeves in the future. This is a great first step in your music career.

Sonny: FUUUUUUUUUUUUCK! as if THEE RRH has listened to my shit!!!?? dude, i was the nerd too but not the typical brainbox. had one or two severe electric shocks trying to take apart and rebuild stuff. pretty sure those shocks altered my mind at some point and, in turn, influenced the weird sonics of this music. a full circle moment! seriously though, the fact that you even cared to take the time out of your day to give me a chance is an honour. you liking my musical vision is just above and beyond. can't describe how much that means to me! thank you so much. i will never forget your words.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

Offline BrownSugar  
#23 Posted : 20 December 2020 04:55:24(UTC)
BrownSugar

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19114 time(s) in 7586 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Famouss7x7 Go to Quoted Post
OOC: WHAT. A. DEBUT. Can we just take a second to appreciate how much you have slayed with this debut? From the very first interview, to the debut single and now his first project. No one saw Sonny coming and now we cannot forget him. You always introduce and RP such interesting characters and Sonny just continues to prove that. Each lyric on here is top notch. I don’t know how you do it. Really enjoyed these quality pop records that are far from cookie cutter. This is quality. All the tracks are awesome but I love “Somewhat Reliable”, really ended off the EP with a bang. So excited for what’s in store for Sonny and props to you for getting another amazing body of work out to us. Get it sis!!

OOC: THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! Sound like a broken record at this point but Sonny really was a spur of the moment creation. I just struck while the iron was hot and fired out his interview, single and then this EP. The reaction he and this little project has received really warms my heart. Making me blush with all the compliments, lol!! Seriously though, I do appreciate the feedback. Always try to do something new and different in RP every so often. Glad that Sonny quickly resonated with people. Happy to hear that you enjoyed the content of the EP. Now I just need to figure out his next move lol.
UserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

Offline kandii  
#24 Posted : 23 December 2020 15:00:45(UTC)
kandii

Groups: Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 10467 time(s) in 3435 post(s)
Anniken Dahl-Smith: Lovely concept. I love when the lyrics, the music, and the image all come together to create one big beautiful cohernt project. Can't help but fall head over heels when an artist puts actual thought into what they're putting out, especially when doing so without even the slightest of help from a label. Im impressed. I'll have someone give you my contact. Anything you need, I'm good for it.
thanks 1 user thanked kandii for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 23/12/2020(UTC)