logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline BrownSugar  
#1 Posted : 13 November 2020 23:49:05(UTC)
BrownSugar

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19116 time(s) in 7587 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Artist: Sonny
Title: New Game
Genre(s): Electropop, Alternative Pop, Synthpop
Length: 22:42
Writers: S.Bardot
Producers: Sonny Bardot, EaziiBoi
Format(s): Digital Download, Streaming
Label: Independent
Singles Released: Sonny Falls Into the Void [#6], Cyber Sweat [Remix] (feat. Deneil) [#1]

New Game is the debut EP by Norwegian singer, producer, actor and adult entertainer Sonny Bardot, known mononymously as Sonny (born Søren Kjelland). Bardot released the EP independently on November 13, 2020 on all streaming platforms, with physical copies set to arrive at a later date. The EP was crafted entirely by Sonny and his roommate, Marcus Slate (EaziiBoi), during England's first national lockdown as a result of the 2020 Coronavirus pandemic. The EP is Bardot's first foray into music after a number of unsuccessful and unfulfilling acting and modelling stints. "New Game" was entirely funded and composed by Bardot and Slate, with recording taking place in their London home. The loose concept of the record revolves around technology and the internet. Bardot says that he was inspired by both his work as an online adult entertainer and the vast amount of conspiracy theories people have been sharing in regards to the ongoing pandemic and possible vaccine while penning some lyrics and creating the visuals for the project. The EP is rooted in electropop - marrying alternative and quirky styles with modern synthpop trends. The lead single; "Sonny Falls Into the Void" was released to critical acclaim on November 2, 2020 and has so far peaked at #6 on Chart Heat. The second single, a remixed version of "Cyber Sweat" featuring British rapper Deneil, was released on January 27th 2020.

Quote:
"I'm not a huge conspiracy nut. I'm just fascinated by it all. Sometimes I imagine what it must be like if someone from the beginning of the 1900's were transported and dropped into our world. I think they'd self combust. It'd be a culture shock to first of all explain what computers and mobile phones actually are and THEN show them apps that can swap your face with another person's. Think some would even faint at the sight of my blue hair. We're such a technology-oriented society. We're all plugged in. Fuck, I made this EP with online software and I'm a cam model! We don't think twice about it. This is our norm and it's awfully chaotic and cold at times. It's a theme that runs throughout most of the EP. I love the whole aesthetic and the sonics of this glitchy little world I made. At heart though, most of the stories told are relatable. Heartbreak, love, sex, conflict...it's all there on "New Game", just wrapped up in wires and crunchy beats."

Bardot had always wanted to pursue a career in music but never managed to find his footing within the industry. A "born performing", Sonny always yearned to make it within the entertainment industry from a young age. In school, Bardot admits to being "lucky enough" to find his calling at an early stage of his life, devoting a lot of his time and attention to performance subjects such as Drama and Music as opposed to more academic classes, which Sonny had a hard time concentrating in on account of his dyslexia and then-undiagnosed ADHD. Bardot would have a difficult time in his teenage years, failing to obtain any success in the acting world. He would then go on to develop drink and drug addictions by the tender age of 18 after falling in with a "bad crowd" and growing jaded by the constant failure and rejection within the industry. Sonny would later lose his place at his performing arts academy and then give up on acting entirely. Bardot started a successful career as an adult entertainer after beating his battle with addiction. In 2019, he met Marcus Slate at a party and the pair quickly formed a close friendship. Slate, an aspiring producer with the alias of EaziiBoi, soon became Sonny's roommate a few months down the line and their musical partnership was born.

Sonny initially recorded demo vocals for EaziiBoi's beats and often offered advice as his roommate worked on tracks. EaziiBoi often DJed around local clubs and had a small following on SoundCloud, where he posted some of his work. Sonny admits to "thoroughly enjoying" dabbling in music from time to time but did not believe pursuing a career in it would be "feasible" on account of him never writing a song before, the stigma of being a cam model and the very limited budget he and Slate had. When the UK entered its first national lockdown in March 2020, however, Bardot was encouraged by Slate to work with him on some tracks as a way of "keeping the mind active" for the forthcoming months. The pair already had an established chemistry and after successfully penning "Sonny Falls Into the Void", which would then go on to become a top 10 hit, Sonny realised that music was indeed a possible avenue for him to pursue.

Sonny wrote:
"You don't know unless you try. That was my motto for a long time. I have dabbled in acting, modelling, sex work, blogging and a lot of very different fields. When it came to music, however, I was really fucking intimidated. I love music and it was the only thing I hadn't really pursued but with a lot of failure on my record, I was apprehensive about fucking that up and getting stung by that too. Also, it always seemed so artsy and intricate. Never thought my chaotic mind would be able to cope with all the small details and pressures to come up with something good. Acting, you get sent a script and you portray it. Music, unless you are lucky enough to just fall into a multi-million dollar contract with a huge team of writers willing to hand an entire album over to you, you pretty much have to make it all up on your own. I didn't believe in myself at first but after the first hour or so, I eased into it and suddenly all these stories, ideas, words, melodies from somewhere in my brain were just spouting out all over the place! We got down most of what would become "Sonny Falls Into the Void" that day and the rest is history..."

T R A C K L I S T

UserPostedImage

HAVE YOU SWITCHED IT OFF AND ON AGAIN?
CONSTANT CRAVING
THINK
GLOO
CYBER SWEAT
SONNY FALLS INTO THE VOID
SOMEWHAT RELIABLE

Edited by user 11 March 2021 09:07:32(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

thanks 13 users thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
FiveT on 13/11/2020(UTC), erich hess on 14/11/2020(UTC), PANIC! on 14/11/2020(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 14/11/2020(UTC), 2001clay on 14/11/2020(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 14/11/2020(UTC), C4AJoh on 14/11/2020(UTC), GirlSpice on 14/11/2020(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 15/11/2020(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 17/11/2020(UTC), freestylechamp on 17/11/2020(UTC), Andre Gandra on 17/11/2020(UTC), kandii on 23/12/2020(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#2 Posted : 14 November 2020 00:33:49(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Artist(s): Sonny
Title: Have You Switched it Off and On Again?
Genre(s): Electropop, Synthpop
Length: 3:15
Writer: S.Bardot
Producer: EaziiBoi
From The EP: New Game

Have You Switched it Off and On Again? is a song by Norwegian singer, producer, actor and adult entertainer Sonny Bardot, known mononymously as Sonny. It appears as the opening track on his debut EP, "New Game". "Have You Switched it Off and On Again?" was written by Sonny in the May of 2020. Production of the song was also handled by musical partner and roommate, EaziiBoi. The track was composed once Sonny developed the technology and internet inspired theme for the EP. "Have You Switched it Off and On Again?" is a mid-tempo electropop track, featured a "dark" and "foreboding" underlying beat accompanied by a "soft and hazy" vocal delivery by Sonny. As the track progresses, more vocal effects are layered on as well as increasingly "glitchier" production quips, giving the track a more "frantic" nature towards the climax. The song was written in response to some conspiracy theories regarding the government allegedly watching and tracking people through devices. It was also inspired by Sonny's realisation of the amount of time he spends online and how dependent he and everyone else is on technology.

Sonny wrote:
"I try not to think too much about what may or may not be happening every time we log on, input personal info and all that shit. I'd fall down the rabbit hole and start having panic attacks. Ironically, I had to tap into that mindset to create this song. "Have You Switched it Off and On Again?" is structured like a paranoid flurry of negative thoughts. You sort of go around in a vicious circle within your mind but that looping is also physically happening. You can't escape the way of the world and how processed, systematic and clinical it is. Even if you aren't the type to use the internet or any sort of device, you're still handing over bank details and addresses for things like insurance. Your medical information is still on databases. Your CV with information about yourself is being passed around to employers. Although all that sort of stuff is supposed to be confidential, data breaches DO happen. Can you really trust a total stranger with your details? The song plays into the growing paranoia and the lines are delivered very quickly and consecutively, throwing one train of thought at you and then another before even having time to process the previous one."

"There's also a little bit of irony in there. I remember seeing shit on Twitter about how COVID-19 isn't real and that a vaccine would just be a way of the government implanting chips to control and monitor us. I had to laugh because the Tweets then said "sent from iPhone". The same people who think they're so smart, independent and above us "mere sheep" then sweep up that free Google Nest and imprint their voice onto their Alexa, telling her to play "New Game". People chat in "private" messages, openly search up and post about conspiracy theories online, Google personal medical symptoms they have. If it is to be believed, privacy and confidentiality do not exist. No vaccine will change that. We're all hooked up in the system. Try not to lose any sleep over it and enjoy the song!"

HAVE YOU SWITCHED IT OFF AND ON AGAIN?

A rush of blood straight to the head
Put bright ideas onto the internet
Wading through an inbox of major threats
The virus looms, here comes the sweats
In my system through the headphones
An invisible grip around the neck bones
Searching for a remedy on the iPhone
Do you ever get the feeling that you're not alone?
"Have you switched it off and on again?"

It's in my head and not paying rent
They say it's all connected to the government
Accepting the cookie is a covenant
I was just looking for quotes of encouragement
And now I'm just growing more frustrated
Flash in the pan trends left me jaded
Now everything around me is looking dated
Stuff I only bought 'cause I was persuaded

Looking for solace in a chatroom
Never knowing what else might loom
Therapy in private chats all through Zoom
Picking up footage of my own bedroom
Still want to keep my finger on the pulse
But the breaking news makes my veins convulse
Smash out fighting words out of impulse
All wired up and needing avulsed

Put bright ideas onto the internet
Looking for solace in a chatroom
Never knowing -
It's in my head and not paying rent
They say it's all connected to the -
A rush of blood straight to -
Put bright i-

Can Be Compared To:
UserPostedImage

thanks 11 users thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
FiveT on 14/11/2020(UTC), erich hess on 14/11/2020(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 14/11/2020(UTC), 2001clay on 14/11/2020(UTC), PANIC! on 14/11/2020(UTC), C4AJoh on 14/11/2020(UTC), GirlSpice on 14/11/2020(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 15/11/2020(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 17/11/2020(UTC), Andre Gandra on 17/11/2020(UTC), kandii on 23/12/2020(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#3 Posted : 14 November 2020 01:52:06(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Title: Constant Craving
Length: 3:02

Constant Craving is a song by Norwegian singer, producer, actor and adult entertainer Sonny Bardot, known mononymously as Sonny. It appears as the second track on his debut EP, "New Game". "Constant Craving" was written by Sonny in the May of 2020. Production of the song was also handled by musical partner and roommate, EaziiBoi. It was the first track that Bardot penned which heavily referenced technical jargon which would then fuel further ideas for forthcoming songs and eventually become a huge factor in the visuals for his work. The track is noted for having two separate chorus hooks, both with different melodies and structure. "Constant Craving" features "staggered vocals", a prominent distorted horn and 80's inspired synth lines over an underlying trip-hop bassline. The volume of the track often fades in and out at points, creating a distorted and tampered effect. The song is about trying to impress someone deemed as out of your league and the nerves that go along with trying to approach them. Bardot uses robotic analogies, describing his love interest as a far more powerful machine that may be too much for his smaller capacity to handle.

Quote:
"In essence, the song is about wanting to get with someone who you probably have little chance with. It's not about simply a hook-up. You genuinely like this person but they are in a totally different league. Smarter than you are, richer than you are, more accomplished than you are, far sexier than you are. You feel like they'd eat you alive but that could be part of the fun! I was actually inspired to take the whole robotic approach after playing some Fallout 4. Why the fuck are those Assaultrons built like THAT? Who are they trying to impress with those curves? They only serve to kill other lifeforms...so why the rather obvious titties? Who is that for? Do robots find other robots attractive? My mind started going down that whole weird and irrelevant road. All those images being conjured up in my mind and the idea of these deadly robots having sex appeal just bewildered me. Of course I had to create a track about it. Making the song was an absolute blast. It was pretty much all off the cuff and I was so invested in this little cyber world I created that I decided to sticj with the theme for a bunch of the songs.

CONSTANT CRAVING

I just wanna touch ya but I just keep on glitchin'
I just want some lovin' but could I handle all the friction?
Looking for somebody to go down and man my station
You're always on my radar, yeah you're my constant craving
Always on my radar, yeah you're my constant craving

Put the plug in the socket, we're taking off in this rocket
Put the plug in the socket, full speed, ain't no stopping

I need some morphine to numb my system
Burning all my fuels on this red hot mission
They can't even try to cool my emissions
Maxing all the gauges, way beyond cognition
Motor malfunction, I can't communicate
X's and O's on my tongue but they can't escape
Interference fucking up all my mainframes
Can we press rewind and stop the tape?

I'm not the most advanced, you don't make it easy
Trying to find the answers in my library
Overloading with all your codes said in binary
Mixed signals, crossed wires, it's gonna fry me
Already blown out yet another charger
Your love's too tough for this power armour
I'm ringing alarms as motors grow warmer
Better watch your step, I'm only on charter

You don't make it easy when you're made of metal
Wearing your heart of steel just like a medal
But power me up, feel it running through my circuits
So electrifying, I know I could really work it
Jagged thorns, ain't no flower petal
But can't fool me, you're no empty vessel
Let me on board, we'll push some buttons then you'll see
That we could have it all, yeah you and me

Think I need a reboot, I'm struggling to function
Throwing me sideways with the encryption and the fluxion
Need a softer touch before I hit that self destruction

Can Be Compared To:

Edited by user 14 November 2020 01:52:43(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage

thanks 10 users thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
erich hess on 14/11/2020(UTC), PANIC! on 14/11/2020(UTC), FiveT on 14/11/2020(UTC), 2001clay on 14/11/2020(UTC), C4AJoh on 14/11/2020(UTC), GirlSpice on 14/11/2020(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 15/11/2020(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 17/11/2020(UTC), Andre Gandra on 17/11/2020(UTC), kandii on 23/12/2020(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#4 Posted : 14 November 2020 02:14:41(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Title: Think
Length: 3:25
Producer: EaziiBoi, Sonny

Think is a song by Norwegian singer, producer, actor and adult entertainer Sonny Bardot, known mononymously as Sonny. It appears as the third track on his debut EP, "New Game". "Think" was written by Sonny in the April of 2020. The initial version of the track was produced entirely by Bardot's collaborator EaziiBoi. However, after revisiting the track in August, Sonny found the flow of track to be "too linear" and believed it needed revamped. The singer then co-produced a new version with Slate, adding in "harsher" production, "quirky" vocal effects and rewriting several lines. "Think" is a mid-tempo electropop song. The chorus of the song features soft, airy vocals from Bardot, pitched backing vocals, lush strings and serene instrumental arrangements while the verses of the song contain a gritty, grumbling synth line with a deeper, attitude filled delivery from Sonny. The contrasting production with the song represent the confliction within Sonny's heart and mind. "Think" tells the story of a person who believes that they are being used and treated as second best. However, due to their emotional connection with the other person, they can't seem to let go and live in hope that this other person really does hold deeper feelings for them.

Sonny wrote:
"This is the first time I get really personal on the EP. A lot of the first songs I ever penned were naturally ones from the heart. I had a lot of shit to say and I had to pour all that out before I could even think about being more experimental and edgier with my music. The personal ones always come so easy to the forefront of my mind but actually admitting them and letting the words roll off your tongue? Not so much. I never admitted to being in this situation before. I felt, and still feel a little bit embarrassed about how blindsided and ignorant I was. When I was just coming out of recovery, I entered this "relationship" with a girl and...well, as the song states, I was clearly just one of many options. She'd call at the strangest times, I wouldn't hear from her for ages, she'd be aloof and then suddenly extremely invested. "Sonny Falls Into the Void", my first song, was about the same person. It was a mindfuck. I had all these feelings and I felt so special when we were together. She made it seem that way too...and then she'd go ghost for weeks. This song is about feeling so torn. There's something amazing there at the core. We both felt and experienced it. It was just wrapped up in so many lies, insecurities, uncertainty that we could never fully embrace it and it's sad. I still think about it from time to time today. Really could've been something but there's also so much shit you can endure before you have to step out of the ring."

THINK

Who do ya, who do ya
Oh who do ya, who do ya
Yeah who da ya, who do ya

Tell me is it really me that you're missing
Or am I just the only one who will listen?
And is it all upon me that you're wishing
Or do you pray it's someone else that you're kissing?
Stuck on loop with high hopes and low blows

Am I the only one who knows what we do?
What we do, what we do, what we do, yeah
Am I just another in a long line of fools?
Just a fool, just a fool, just a fool, yeah
I know that I should really help myself
But I just can't help myself

I'm still holding out for all your invitations
How the hell did it get this way?
Guess I want it bad enough, let you screw with my emotions
Tell me what's the name of this game?
I'll play along for the thrills and sweet sensations
But who do you think of at the end of the day?
Who do ya, who do ya
Oh who do ya, who do ya
Who do you think of at the end of the day?

Why can't we hold hands walking certain streets
Flaunting that K-I-S-S-I-N-G, yeah baby, you and me?
I'm not for that kiss kiss, bang bang, straight down on one knee
But what is the problem with even being seen?
Wedged between a sweet dream and harsh reality

I question why I endure what I'm put through
What I'm put through, oh what I'm put through
Then I realise that nobody else could ever be you
They'll never be you, they'll never be you
I know that I should really help myself
But I just can't help myself

Who do ya, who do ya
Oh who do ya, who do ya

Say you don't know what you're looking for baby, yeah, right!
Acting all clueless like you don't know what you're doing, yeah, right!
Flutter of the lashes like butter wouldn't melt, yeah, right!
You're just a twisted angel, purveyor of danger, yeah that's right

Say you don't know what you're looking for baby, yeah, right!
Acting all clueless like you don't know what you're doing, yeah, right!
Flutter of the lashes like butter wouldn't melt, yeah, right!
You're just a twisted angel, purveyor of danger, yeah that's right

Do you call to hear my voice or is it just another lonely night?

Who do ya, who do ya
Oh who do ya, who do ya

Who do ya, who do ya
Oh who do ya, who do ya

Who do ya, who do ya
Oh who do ya, who do ya

Can Be Compared To:

Edited by user 14 November 2020 02:42:07(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage

erich hess on 14/11/2020(UTC), PANIC! on 14/11/2020(UTC), FiveT on 14/11/2020(UTC), 2001clay on 14/11/2020(UTC), C4AJoh on 14/11/2020(UTC), GirlSpice on 14/11/2020(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 15/11/2020(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 17/11/2020(UTC), Andre Gandra on 17/11/2020(UTC), kandii on 23/12/2020(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#5 Posted : 14 November 2020 02:41:42(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Title: Gloo
Length: 3:18

Gloo is a song by Norwegian singer, producer, actor and adult entertainer Sonny Bardot, known mononymously as Sonny. It appears as the fourth track on his debut EP, "New Game". "Gloo" was written by Sonny in the April of 2020 and became the first song he ever co-produced, after working with and being inspired by his good friend and collaborator, EaziiBoi. He described the process as "cathartic", "chaotic" and "extremely liberating" and states that he is "forever indebted" to Slate for educating and believing in him. "Gloo" is a synthpop song, heavily inspired by 1980's pop music and current day production techniques. Sonny believes that "Gloo" features his best vocal performance due to him utilising many different elements of his voice, from his melisma skills, vibrato, a powerful chest voice, to light, airy falsetto. The multiple techniques are said to reflect the different feelings of pain. "Gloo" is about losing a good friend and someone you once had sexual chemistry with to another. While still yearning for their love and missing the close connection once had, the person has moved on and only has romantic feelings and intentions for their new love.

Sonny wrote:
"The story of "Gloo" is by far the oldest story on here. It's not something I think about but the whole situation was a big part of my teenage life. It had to be written about. I had this really great, great connection with a girl I went to school with. We had a really strong friend group but her and I in particular just had a real spark. We would do date-like activities, we would playfully flirt and we even kissed while playing a game once. Everyone around us kept saying we should go for it and make it a thing. We never did. I think we were too scared to go the extra mile in case we ruined our amazing friendship. I know that was how I felt, anyway. When she started dating a guy, I was devastated. Then, as fucked up teenage minds like to do, feelings grew stronger. I kept kicking myself for not asking her out and now that she was taken, that was all I wanted. To be with her. We completely lost contact about 8 years ago now. Essentially, the song is about torturing yourself over someone who has moved on and is happy while you're left behind, stuck on nostalgia and clinging to "what if?" instead of "what is". It's a sad one."

GLOO

I'm not even gonna try to read your mind
I've seen the signs, I know you're wrapped up in him
But tonight I just gotta lay it all out on the line
It's eating me alive, all these burning thoughts of sin
Tired of coming around and playing happy families
Three's a crowd so let's just do it, you and me

Can we break these damn chains?
I've forgotten what freedom really is
Can we just race off in the fast lane?
Through out all the fucks and live it shameless
You know fine well I'm the one who makes you smile
Don't shatter it all and tell me I'm in denial

I know he's the one but I just can't;
Shake this off, you're in my system, I depend on you
If I could turn away, know that I would
It's not so easy when I'm wired up and hooked on you
And when I fall apart,
I pray that you'll glue me back together again
Even just for that temporary fix
Yeah when I'm all torn up,
Hope you'll stitch me back up at the seams
Then glue it all with a kiss

I know he's the one but I want you to
Squeeze me, hold me, stick to me, yeah, just like glue

Spent one too many nights out just dancing on my own
Tragic soul, feeling like a murder on the dance floor
I was always there when there wasn't his hand to hold
When I feel alone, all I get is a closed door
Guess that you're having your own party for two
But he doesn't get it started quite like I do

Can we break these damn chains?
I've forgotten what freedom really is
Can we just race off in the fast lane?
Throw out all the fucks and live it shameless
You know fine well I'm the one who makes you smile
Don't shatter it all and tell me I'm in denial

And when I fall apart,

And if you're going down, down is where you're taking me too
Like prey in the web, moth to a flame, I'm trapped, it's no use
And I can't even try to run, coming undone, wading in the glue

And when I fall apart,

Ooh, oh, la, la, la, love
And if you're going down, down is where I'm going too

Can Be Compared To:
UserPostedImage

2001clay on 14/11/2020(UTC), FiveT on 14/11/2020(UTC), erich hess on 14/11/2020(UTC), PANIC! on 14/11/2020(UTC), C4AJoh on 14/11/2020(UTC), GirlSpice on 14/11/2020(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 15/11/2020(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 17/11/2020(UTC), Andre Gandra on 17/11/2020(UTC), kandii on 23/12/2020(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#6 Posted : 14 November 2020 03:32:33(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Title: Cyber Sweat
Length: 3:11

Cyber Sweat is a song by Norwegian singer, producer, actor and adult entertainer Sonny Bardot, known mononymously as Sonny. It appears as the fifth track on his debut EP, "New Game". The song was written by Sonny in the June of 2020, becoming the last song created for the project that made the final cut. Production was handled by both EaziiBoi and Sonny which the latter described as "the breeziest experience" and dubbed the song's recording as "the most fun" session the pair had. "Cyber Sweat" is an electropop song featuring looped and distorted synths, electric guitar basslines and breathy, sexual vocals from Sonny which are almost spoke-sung in the verses, showcasing his unique Norwegian/English crossover accent. Lyrically, "Cyber Sweat" uses Sonny's profession as an online adult entertainer as its inspiration. The track is filled with very sexually suggestive lyrics and takes place in the setting of one of Sonny's cam shows where he addresses his sexually charged viewers.

Sonny wrote:
"Although the dirtiest track on the EP, "Cyber Sweat" is definitely the most important one in my eyes too. It marries the concepts together; being human and living in a world of technology. It talks about my personal job and how I use a webcam. It talks about real human needs like sex and attention and how we can fulfil some of those through a screen. I love the contrast between the real, gritty, steamy, sexual aspect against the cold process of it all being through a webcam filled with a tip jar, ads, a timer and stuff like that. I know my job is a talking point for a lot of people. Some will turn their noses up and use it against me but I embrace what I do. No idea why it took me a few months to realise that I should totally write about it. Beat people to the punchline. Yeah, here's an overtly sexual song about me pleasuring myself on camera. Deal with it. There's nothing profound, thought-provoking or upsetting about the song. It's just pure filth and fun. I want people to embrace their inner freak. I want people to get turned on by this track. I want people to fuck to this track. I want everyone to feel comfortable in their sexuality and desires. There's nothing wrong with being a sexual being or getting involved in sex work. Get freaky. Get down. Get into it!!!!"

CYBER SWEAT

Bet it makes you want to kiss and not tell
Bet it makes you want to loosen your belt
Click notifications and ring that bell
Don't be alarmed if you start to swell
Secret's safe with me, no, I won't spill
Well, maybe if the session is going well

Type your fantasies in the bar below
I can send you a link to my private show
Waiting for you camera to activate
So we can get down to it face to face

What's your pleasure?
What's your kink?
I wanna leave you tickled pink
Cyber sweating, it's time to strip
Button down, please leave a tip

I could dress up or I could dress down
I could meet your eyes or turn right around
So fucking vocal or won't make a sound
Gentle strokes or you could watch it pound
Do it how you like or tread new ground
This chatbox, it knows no bounds

Play with it 'til your heart's content
Watch you work up into your ascent
This room is getting all hot and steamy
Good thing I like it all whipped and creamy

What's your pleasure?
What's your kink?

Is this view better?
Does it make you tick?
Does it make you tighten up that grip?
Cyber sweating and we start to drip
Bet you wanna go save that clip

Do you have some daddy issues?
I think you're gonna need another tissue
We can be even naughtier the next time
Providing that your card doesn't decline
I really enjoyed this session
Now clean yourself up, cut the connection

What's your pleasure?
What's your kink?

Is this view better?
Does it make you tick?
Does it make you tighten up that grip?
Cyber sweating and we start to drip
Bet you wanna go save that clip

What's your pleasure? Ah, hah!
What's your kink? Ooh, la, la!
What's your pleasure? Ah, hah!
What's your kink? Ooh, la, la!

Can Be Compared To:
UserPostedImage

2001clay on 14/11/2020(UTC), PANIC! on 14/11/2020(UTC), erich hess on 14/11/2020(UTC), C4AJoh on 14/11/2020(UTC), GirlSpice on 14/11/2020(UTC), FiveT on 15/11/2020(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 15/11/2020(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 17/11/2020(UTC), Andre Gandra on 17/11/2020(UTC), kandii on 23/12/2020(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#7 Posted : 14 November 2020 03:36:17(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Title: Sonny Falls Into the Void
Length: 3:00

Sonny Falls Into the Void is a song by Norwegian singer, producer, actor and adult entertainer Sonny Bardot, known mononymously as Sonny. It appears as the sixth track on his debut EP, "New Game". It was released as the project's first single on November 2, 2020 and has so far peaked at #7 on the Chart Heat Singles. "Sonny Falls Into the Void" was written by Sonny, becoming the first full song he had ever penned. Production was handled by roommate and music collaborator, EaziiBoi. "Sonny Falls Into the Void" is an electronica influence pop song with distorted vocals, glitchy effects, scattered violins and a buzzing, heavy riff. Lyrically, the song tells us that Sonny is falling for someone who isn't looking for anything serious and, rather than walk away before inevitably getting hurt, he continues to live in the moment and hopes that this other person will eventually want to be exclusive.

Sonny wrote:
"I wasn't sure if this track was actually going to make it onto the EP. The body of work has an overall theme of technology: being online, being part of a system, feeling robotic, the internet bringing us closer, the internet tearing us apart, stripping on a camera and so on. Wasn't sure if there was space for it but I just couldn't let go. It's why I gave it this new, fucking long winded title to make it sound like a crappy old computer game and tie in with the theme. This track made me realise, "Shit! I CAN do music!", after all these years of doubting myself and thinking that it was never going to happen. I owe a lot to it and want to give it its own little moment before I drop the entire project."

"I guess "Sonny Falls..." is lyrically the most universal of the songs Marcus and I created. Love. Emotions. They fucking suck, right? It's definitely a very personal song. I put my fucking name in the title for a start. Anyway, a few years back I was in this so-called "relationship" with a woman. It was in an awkward stage between a bootie call and an actual relationship. We'd see each other a lot, have fun, express our fondness of one another but would never label it. She'd flake on me from time to time and it'd hurt because there were feelings there. I knew she liked me too and the reason why she'd go ghost or cold is because she got scared. We could've been something great but she just wouldn't commit and take the leap of faith. This song is all about the period where I was infatuated with her, feeling on top of the world whenever we were together...and fucking lying to myself on loop, pretending I wasn't going to get hurt in the end."

SONNY FALLS INTO THE VOID

The lease of life felt fresh as a daisy
And the kiss lingered a taste of strawberry
Kinda like the way it drives me crazy
You're just filling time but this is my heyday

I'm aware that this embraced is borrowed
Bittersweet with just a dash of sorrow
Should run for the hills before it turns cold
But I know I'll drop you a message tomorrow

Yeah, and you're about as steady as storm
I spin with you 'cause I don't mind where I'm blown

Ooh, ah, ooh
Ah, ah, ooh, ah, ooh
I'm happy to go down with this ship
Lead me to the depths with your sweet voice
I should be so much smarter than this
But here I go, headfirst into the void
The world around me is feeling apocalyptic
I'm falling deaf to the outside noise

Ooh, ah, ooh
Ah, ah, ooh, ah, ooh
Ooh, ah, ooh
Ah, ah, ooh, ah, ooh

Trail of your lipstick starts at my neck
Spirals around and down onto my chest
Like a map of the places I've been blessed
Would lay forever but our time is so pressed

Take it all just like a thief in the night
While I start to battle with my fight or flight

Ooh, ah, ooh
Ah, ah, ooh, ah, ooh

Ooh, ah, ooh
Ah, ah, ooh, ah, ooh
Ooh, ah, ooh
Ah, ah, ooh, ah, ooh

And if you're finally gonna let me go
I think that I'd rather not know
Leave me high then go all ghost
I'll always leave a light on in my home
Pressing down on what I've always known
But I enjoyed pretending you were my own

Ooh, ah, ooh
Ah, ah, ooh, ah, ooh

Ooh, ah, ooh
Ah, ah, ooh, ah, ooh
Ooh, ah, ooh
Ah, ah, ooh, ah, ooh

Ooh, ah, ooh
Ah, ah, ooh, ah, ooh
Ooh, ah, ooh
Ah, ah, ooh, ah, ooh

Can Be Compared To:
UserPostedImage

2001clay on 14/11/2020(UTC), PANIC! on 14/11/2020(UTC), erich hess on 14/11/2020(UTC), C4AJoh on 14/11/2020(UTC), GirlSpice on 14/11/2020(UTC), FiveT on 15/11/2020(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 15/11/2020(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 17/11/2020(UTC), Andre Gandra on 17/11/2020(UTC), kandii on 23/12/2020(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#8 Posted : 14 November 2020 03:58:14(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Title: Somewhat Reliable
Length: 3:31

Somewhat Reliable is a song by Norwegian singer, producer, actor and adult entertainer Sonny Bardot, known mononymously as Sonny. It appears as the seventh and final track on his debut EP, "New Game". "Somewhat Reliable" was written by Sonny and co-produced by Bardot alongside good friend EaziiBoi in June 2020. Being one of the more personal tracks on the EP and after developing competent skills with the music software, Sonny stated that he "had" to be heavily involved in the production and arrangement of the track. It is a mid-tempo electronica track with light synthpop smatterings. The choruses of the song are filled with heavy bass and an "angry", "punchy" tone in Sonny's voice whereas the chorus subdues to a very light, quieter pulsating beat with Sonny delivering a very "tender" and "sorrowful" vocal over BVs that heavily utilise a vocoder effect. "Somewhat Reliable" is written with analogies and metaphors as someone who is scared of being human, mortal and experiencing all the pain that comes with it, instead wishing to live like a machine and be cut off from the world. The track was inspired by Bardot's mindset during his battle with substance abuse.

Sonny wrote:
"Wow, this is one is difficult to talk about. Like "Cyber Sweat", this is one that combines the human/computer theme together. This one is really raw, however. I talk about personal things on the EP and in real life all the time but this is a subject I tend to keep under wraps. When I started abusing drink and drugs, it was because I was pissed at the world and trying to be cool. It was a big "fuck you!" to my dad, the education system, the industry...but then the rebellion became a lifestyle. It got boring and wore thin and yet, I couldn't walk away from it. It became my friend. Being closed off and relying on my vices were all I knew. I couldn't trust anyone or the outside world. I was tired of getting hurt, I was tired of losing people, I was tired of failing, I was tired of people having expectations I couldn't reach. As much as I wanted to be loved, to give love, to be a great person, to not be constantly smelling of vodka and getting high off of junk I bought from a guy named "Walshy", I felt like I would never be good enough. I feared that it would slip from my hands and send me spiralling even harder. Therefore, in my mind, it was safer to stay in my rut than dare venture out."

SOMEWHAT RELIABLE

I've tried to live like a machine
Suppress everything that's inside
Swallowing a pill to hit delete
Won't be long before it's all wiped
Start a new game before this one's complete
This file needs a huge overwrite

Running away from my lessons
Blocking out any potential love
Hiding my weakness with aggression
Facing reality's just too tough
What I wouldn't give for some affection
But I'm too fucking scared of being hurt

Just another faceless account
Key smashing my frustrations out
A nobody wanting to be a somebody
But have no clue what all this is about

I wonder what it's like to be a whole lot more
To pick myself up off of the floor
I wonder what it's like to be somewhat reliable
And not one of life's undesirables
Afraid to change, afraid to miss the dream
The scaredy-cat who never got the cream
Why does it always look easier through a screen?
This shit makes me want to fucking scream

It's easier when standards are lower
They won't be surprised by all of my mess
Hate the fact that I'm growing colder
But you wouldn't expect anything less
Fighting the urge to cry on a shoulder
Circuits will fry with any more distress

Spent so long building an armour of steel
But the robot only ever wanted to feel
A nobody wanting to be a somebody
But the world outside is just a little too real

Think I'm needing a bit of tech support
Motors are failing and it's all going haywire
Truth be told, I don't even think if it's fixable
Fans can't battle an internal fire

I wonder what it's like...

Can Be Compared To:
UserPostedImage

thanks 9 users thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
2001clay on 14/11/2020(UTC), erich hess on 14/11/2020(UTC), C4AJoh on 14/11/2020(UTC), GirlSpice on 14/11/2020(UTC), PANIC! on 15/11/2020(UTC), FiveT on 15/11/2020(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 17/11/2020(UTC), Andre Gandra on 17/11/2020(UTC), kandii on 23/12/2020(UTC)
Offline 2001clay  
#9 Posted : 14 November 2020 04:03:53(UTC)
2001clay

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 3540 time(s) in 1266 post(s)
Tika Mays: Well i gotta say I loving this ep & this is it!!!

OCC: Love what you did to Sonny & can't wait to see what next for Sonny
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

My Character:
Jade Trembay,
Ava Tuffin,
Gabby Love,
Jamel Jones,
Tamar Gilbert (TikaBKilla),
Rose Harris,
Liam Russell,
Natalie Mays,
BabyCrush
FRESH MIGUEL CA$H
Face2Face,
Murda Bling,
Cosmic Blue,
Camille Preston,
Chanel C. Fox,
Aubrey Cassidy,
Sophia Delaney,
Midnight20,
Sally Parkwood,
Tika Mays,
Diego Lopez,
Samantha Stevens,
Crescendo,
Paige Wesley,
Mr DJ Hurricane,
Keshia Love,
Stardom Boys,
Milian,
Sau'ron,
Alexis Brooke,
JasmineCharm,
Christina Moreno,
iCandy,
Slim Money,
Fatima Amari,
David Dankworth,
Ciara Lovett
thanks 1 user thanked 2001clay for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 14/11/2020(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#10 Posted : 14 November 2020 04:30:59(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Was thanked: 17915 time(s) in 10409 post(s)
Nina: too right. it's time that sex work stops being a scarlet letter,love. Most of the world consumes the product,so why are the producers looked down on?

Erica: jealousy from frumpy people? Sorry nobody wants to see you fuck,harold.

Nina: pretty sure that's still someone's kink,love.

Erica: so get out there,guy named harold who I made up. Film yourself and reap the benefits.

Lydia: this little album makes me want to do E. Lots and lots of E.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
Offline C4AJoh  
#11 Posted : 14 November 2020 19:04:43(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8533 time(s) in 2672 post(s)
Madison: Sonny! This is probably one of the most original pieces of work that any of us have heard in quite some time. You'll get the credit for the lyrics because they're so unique, clever and just perfect but actually I think the strength lies in the composition of the music and that's where the true genius of this E.P comes from in my opinion. The choice of beats and the production tricks used throughout really give this release something unique that separates it from almost everything else around right now. You have another side career in production and composition or failing that EaziiBoi has just seen his schedule get pretty full up due to this.

"Constant Craving" is genius, it's so witty without falling into the dreaded "comedy-song" bracket and is probably my favourite from the E.P. Your mind is fucking genius and you've blown every door open for yourself with this. I can definitely see you becoming the breakout star of 2021 and I'm here for it. Amazing work!

OOC: Unlike crazy Donald, in regards to the Friday night release battle I'm more than willing to concede. This is genius, everything about it works, from the technology concept and how you manage to weave that with real human meanings and emotions to the lyrics that are at a level that I just couldn't even fathom being able to come up with. You sir, are on a different level! Amazing stuff perfectly executed as always! :)
thanks 1 user thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
Offline GirlSpice  
#12 Posted : 14 November 2020 21:40:42(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 7399 time(s) in 2464 post(s)
OOC: Ugh, your lyrics, I'm quittinggggg! Also why is this one of my favourite things you've ever done?! I loooove Sonny & the whole vibe you took with this EP, I love how cheeky some of his lyrics are without coming across as novelty, and in most parts they're just really damn clever and well written. He definitely has his own style and you did a great job of differentiating him from all your other acts and making something that just really stands out. So excited to see more from him and eventually getting his debut album! Applause
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
thanks 1 user thanked GirlSpice for this useful post.
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#13 Posted : 17 November 2020 02:42:21(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)

OOC: As always fantastic job with lyrics and the detail you do with your RPs! I love the direction you are taking with Sonny as a character. I love how he is having an organic start with fame. In a way, it reminds me of how I started with Daniel The Freenerd; I didn't want him to have immediate fame and success and just kind of develop him over the years! Those tend to be my favorite characters :) Aside from that the music selection is really captivating as well as the artwork! I'm a visuals guy; I feel that they always tie everything in and you did an amazing job capturing his personality with the music! I really hope you continue with Sonny! He's probably my favorite character from you now lol
thanks 1 user thanked stephaniewazhere for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 17/11/2020(UTC)
Offline freestylechamp  
#14 Posted : 17 November 2020 06:06:05(UTC)
freestylechamp

Man
United States

Was thanked: 6094 time(s) in 2656 post(s)
OOC: I'm going to talk about the EP in the Review but first off major props for the Artwork on this. The Cover looks so dope.

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked freestylechamp for this useful post.
Offline Andre Gandra  
#15 Posted : 17 November 2020 09:14:47(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

Was thanked: 3513 time(s) in 1683 post(s)
Julia: I could sense a rock and roll attitude on this EP, even thought melodically it matches the pop scene of radio stations with a plot twist on every song, which makes it sound unique and different in a very positive way. You are crazy man and I thought that I was the only one who was obsessed with conspiracy and controlling over technology and governments but you actually has given voice to my inner worries. The whole idea of balancing personal human emotions with such an abroad theme like tech, internet and all that stuff made the whole fucking sense to me, no surprise that you have made this EP during the first lockdown. My two top favorites are "sony falls into the void" because of the first verse, man those lines are catchy and disconcerting at the same time, and "somewhat reliable" which for me sounds as the most personal track of the record even thought you probably disagree with it. Amazing job Sony, really impressive with your songwriting and producing skills. By the way may I see you around on welcome anytime? Drool
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

I was gone for a while, but I'm back (not that you care about LOL)
thanks 1 user thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
Offline BrownSugar  
#16 Posted : 19 November 2020 01:19:50(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: 2001clay Go to Quoted Post
Tika Mays: Well i gotta say I loving this ep & this is it!!!

OCC: Love what you did to Sonny & can't wait to see what next for Sonny

Sonny: thank you, tikaaaaa! real happy you like it :)

OOC: Thank you! I'm very excited what's to come next too because I have absolutely no idea lol

Originally Posted by: erich hess Go to Quoted Post
Nina: too right. it's time that sex work stops being a scarlet letter,love. Most of the world consumes the product,so why are the producers looked down on?

Erica: jealousy from frumpy people? Sorry nobody wants to see you fuck,harold.

Nina: pretty sure that's still someone's kink,love.

Erica: so get out there,guy named harold who I made up. Film yourself and reap the benefits.

Lydia: this little album makes me want to do E. Lots and lots of E.

Sonny: exactly! we all have sex...or at least yearn for it in the case of unloved tory scum. shouldn't be taboo. i'm not singing about this for shock factor. i want to normalise it for sure. hoping this record either made you frisky, reflective or wanting to consume something, in the case of lydia.
UserPostedImage

thanks 2 users thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
2001clay on 19/11/2020(UTC), erich hess on 19/11/2020(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#17 Posted : 19 November 2020 01:37:37(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: C4AJoh Go to Quoted Post
Madison: Sonny! This is probably one of the most original pieces of work that any of us have heard in quite some time. You'll get the credit for the lyrics because they're so unique, clever and just perfect but actually I think the strength lies in the composition of the music and that's where the true genius of this E.P comes from in my opinion. The choice of beats and the production tricks used throughout really give this release something unique that separates it from almost everything else around right now. You have another side career in production and composition or failing that EaziiBoi has just seen his schedule get pretty full up due to this.

"Constant Craving" is genius, it's so witty without falling into the dreaded "comedy-song" bracket and is probably my favourite from the E.P. Your mind is fucking genius and you've blown every door open for yourself with this. I can definitely see you becoming the breakout star of 2021 and I'm here for it. Amazing work!

OOC: Unlike crazy Donald, in regards to the Friday night release battle I'm more than willing to concede. This is genius, everything about it works, from the technology concept and how you manage to weave that with real human meanings and emotions to the lyrics that are at a level that I just couldn't even fathom being able to come up with. You sir, are on a different level! Amazing stuff perfectly executed as always! :)

Sonny: thank youuuu!!! wow, i am such a fan of your work! bizarre that you've checked out my own little project. anyway, geeking out aside, i want to thank you so much for really listening to the lyrics and focusing on the sonics. we both wanted to create our own little world and storybook with this ep. don't want to sound like a pretentious dick by saying eazii and i wanted to "create something different" but, honestly, who wants to waste time and money making something generic and samey?! creating this record was such a buzz for me and i wanted to reflect that mania, excitement and joy within the soundscape of the project!

on and thank you for the note on "constant craving"!! it is indeed a very kooky song and i also had the worry that it'd just sound like a comical track about robots fucking haha. after a lot of red bull and fine tuning, i got the track down in the end haha.

OOC: Oh please, this doesn't even TOUCH Amy's work! haha. Thank you, though. I'm really taken aback by the response to Sonny and his music. This was all created on a whim and as a way of unleashing bottled up creativity. So happy you enjoy the through line of the EP. I have written concept records before but they mainly just told a linear story of events. Never tackled such bold imagery like this before. Had a fear it'd become repetitive so I tried to jump around from different subjects like technology consumption, sex, overwhelming human emotions etc just to offer some variety within haha. Thank you for your lovely comments as always.

Originally Posted by: GirlSpice Go to Quoted Post
OOC: Ugh, your lyrics, I'm quittinggggg! Also why is this one of my favourite things you've ever done?! I loooove Sonny & the whole vibe you took with this EP, I love how cheeky some of his lyrics are without coming across as novelty, and in most parts they're just really damn clever and well written. He definitely has his own style and you did a great job of differentiating him from all your other acts and making something that just really stands out. So excited to see more from him and eventually getting his debut album! Applause

OOC: Oh stahppp! I've told you before, your writing and early releases inspired me to step my game up! It became more than just typing out words that rhymed. I wanted to create better visuals, stronger backstories behind records and expand my vocabulary because of your work! Thank you so much! The creation of Sonny was on a whim. Initially just claimed him as a writer but I had a lightbulb moment of inspiration and rapidly developed him. It's great to have such a fun, sparky and shiny new character. He really gave me a buzz, which I think inspired some of the oddball and cheeky lyrics haha. Thank you so much for your comment and support :)

UserPostedImage

Offline BrownSugar  
#18 Posted : 19 November 2020 01:48:32(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: stephaniewazhere Go to Quoted Post

OOC: As always fantastic job with lyrics and the detail you do with your RPs! I love the direction you are taking with Sonny as a character. I love how he is having an organic start with fame. In a way, it reminds me of how I started with Daniel The Freenerd; I didn't want him to have immediate fame and success and just kind of develop him over the years! Those tend to be my favorite characters :) Aside from that the music selection is really captivating as well as the artwork! I'm a visuals guy; I feel that they always tie everything in and you did an amazing job capturing his personality with the music! I really hope you continue with Sonny! He's probably my favorite character from you now lol

OOC: Thank you very much! When randomly launching him, I wanted to do something a little bit different yet again. I always try to create unique backstories for my characters. Sometimes it is a struggle but Sonny just wrote himself. With his FC's vibrant dyed hair, I knew this character would be far from subtle lol. Also, launching an act in 2020 during this shitshow of a pandemic, I knew I had to tap into the DIY, lockdown, stuck at home vibes. It all just happened so organically and I can't believe the response he and his work has received! Thank you so much for the lovely comment and I'm so happy that he's your fave! Honestly not expected at all!

Originally Posted by: freestylechamp Go to Quoted Post
OOC: I'm going to talk about the EP in the Review but first off major props for the Artwork on this. The Cover looks so dope.

OOC: Thank you!! I await patiently, sir! :P

Originally Posted by: Andre Gandra Go to Quoted Post
Julia: I could sense a rock and roll attitude on this EP, even thought melodically it matches the pop scene of radio stations with a plot twist on every song, which makes it sound unique and different in a very positive way. You are crazy man and I thought that I was the only one who was obsessed with conspiracy and controlling over technology and governments but you actually has given voice to my inner worries. The whole idea of balancing personal human emotions with such an abroad theme like tech, internet and all that stuff made the whole fucking sense to me, no surprise that you have made this EP during the first lockdown. My two top favorites are "sony falls into the void" because of the first verse, man those lines are catchy and disconcerting at the same time, and "somewhat reliable" which for me sounds as the most personal track of the record even thought you probably disagree with it. Amazing job Sony, really impressive with your songwriting and producing skills. By the way may I see you around on welcome anytime? Drool

Sonny: jesus, julia?! listening to MY songs?? whoa. that's a huge honour in itself. you are a legend, ms julia! so happy to read your thoughts on my own project. even if it were negative, i'd still appreciate honest feedback from someone of your calibre. "new game" is definitely reflective of the balance between being human and trying to stay afloat in a very technology filled, clinical, cold, rule-filled world and, as bleak as it is, i am so happy you can relate. it's fucking hard out here trying to navigate as young, growing, flesh and blood mortals in this constantly evolving world. you are also spot on with your thought on "somewhat reliable". while it's not something i feel anymore, it truly is the deepest and most personal track on the record.

thank you so much for your words! oh and you can see me anytime! i'm always online.... ;)
UserPostedImage

thanks 2 users thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
Andre Gandra on 19/11/2020(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 19/11/2020(UTC)
Offline FiveT  
#19 Posted : 21 November 2020 08:11:04(UTC)
FiveT

Man
Italy

Was thanked: 3231 time(s) in 1294 post(s)
OOC: FINALLY BEING GETTING TO COMMENT ON SONNY'S EP AFTER DAYS! LOL I really loved the thought and the whole theme of computers, electronic devices linked to emotions and real life. I like how you searched and studied even single words to address this, like for example 'cyber sweat' or being 'wired', in a 'system'. It's all connected (OK, I'm getting into the vibe! Haha :P).
Also when I first read 'Sonny Falls Into The Void' it felt like a Blackoutney but now hearing a whole EP sound it reminds me of an Italian artist that I love who feels totally like Sonny music-wise. She's famous here and groundbreaking, she also goes deep in her lyrics using word connections, metaphors and particular themes. I like this type of stuff.
Also the Sonny's comments really give an insight of his personality and character, like he seems so nerdy and philosophical but wihtout sounding too boring. This is a good job Sean!

MY ACTIVE ACTS
Titans (Laurence, Jo, Martina, Den, Tanya)
Kegan Dawson - Actor, presenter, radio speaker, model, showman
Cj Frankson - Youtuber, Actor, model, showman
Rashai Mari - Model, Dj
Igor Stanovski - Russian tycoon, businessman
Claire Becker - Writer, vocal coach, presenter, radio speaker
Augusto Lincoln - Enterpreneur, model, manager
Lukas Paradiso - Model, Actor

The Jollies
Zafari Mari 👩🏾‍🦲, Rose Hemsworth 👩🏻‍🦰, David Hernandez 👱🏻, Natasha Stanovski 👧🏻, Fabriano Galore 👨🏻

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Creating Sims content here on my YouTube channel! -----> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7Tq0J8bDFMidZWlrFK0gtQ
thanks 1 user thanked FiveT for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 21/11/2020(UTC)
Offline PANIC!  
#20 Posted : 26 November 2020 06:45:17(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

Was thanked: 2741 time(s) in 1013 post(s)
RRH: Man, that album cover takes me back. The year was 1992. I was fifteen years old and my mom bought me a computer. The monitor weighed about twelve pounds and the visual quality was shit, while the case weighed another twenty some pounds. Nothing like waiting thirty-six minutes for that low quality picture of some naked lady. Those were the days... anyways, enough of me rambling and showing my age. This EP and the concept around it are cool. Back in high school I used to be the nerd that would try to build his own computer motherboards and all that jazz, so as I've gotten older and seen technology becoming an everyday thing we all consume, I do appreciate the references to it all found throughout this project. I could listen to the entire EP without skipping a song, it just flows effortlessly together. I'm looking forward to what you may have up your sleeves in the future. This is a great first step in your music career.
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked PANIC! for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 26/11/2020(UTC)