logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages123>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline C4AJoh  
#1 Posted : 03 June 2012 01:43:04(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8533 time(s) in 2672 post(s)
UserPostedImage
– From left to right, Jason Greenberg, Amy Meyer, Adam Benjamin –

HomeVideosDiscography │ Photos │ Tour Dates │ Lyrics │ Store

Origin: Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
Genres: Alternative rock, pop-rock, pop-punk, emo, rock
Years Active: 2010 - present
Labels: Nomad Records! (2011 -2012), North Hill Records (2012 - 2015) Studio60 Records (2015 - present)
Influences Blink-182, The Pretenders, No Doubt, Jimmy Eat World, U2, The Cure, Blondie, The Pixies, Stevie Nicks, Taking Back Sunday

‘Riot! In The Boulevard’ is an American pop-rock band from Las Vegas, Nevada, formed in high school in 2008 by Amy Meyer and Justin Mullen. The band consists of Amy Meyer (lead vocals, keys, primary lyricist), Jason Greenberg (bass guitar), Justin Mullen (lead guitar), Nathan Mullen (drums, percussion) and Adam Benjamin (rhythm guitar). They all went to the same high school and formed a close friendship which eventually led to the formation of the band during their final year of high school.
As an alternative rock band, Riot! In The Boulevard draw influences primarily from 1990’s pop-rock and the pop-punk explosion of the 2000’s with their own modern spin. They’re main elder music influences are cited as bands like The Pretenders, U2, The Cure and Blondie. They’re also heavily influenced by modern bands like Death Cab For Cutie, Foo Fighters, Kings Of Leon, 30 Seconds To Mars and All American Rejects.

They signed their first record deal with the relatively unknown at the time indie label ‘Nomad Records!’ and released a demo/E.P titled ‘Sin City Serenade’ and began to rapidly gain a following after supporting ‘Fathers Of Fury’ on their UK tour in February 2011. With the release of two hugely successful singles in ‘Sweet Little Fantasy’s’ and ‘All The Non-Believers’ as well as a number of high profile performances at several music festivals the anticipation for the teenage band built quickly ahead of the recording and release of their self-titled debut album in July 2011. Their debut went straight to number #1 and went on to sell over 4 million copies worldwide and spawned another two huge hit singles in ‘Long Distance Conversations’ and ‘Something Old, Something New’. Within months of their debut album’s release the band had become one of, if not the most talked about rock band of recent memory, awards followed hit singles with the band achieving the prestigious ‘Best Band’ award at Chaos Awards 3 and 4 and ‘Best Live Act’ at Chaos Awards 3 as well as ‘Best Band’ at The Fans Choice Awards. For a first year in the music industry it was clear that they had made an impression.

In early 2012 they released their sophomore effort, ‘Cradle To The Grave’ with its blend of catchy pop-rock tunes and heavy guitar riffery it enhanced their reputation even further and the album has since become another number #1 hit, selling over 3 million copies to date. Lead single ‘Trying, Crying, Smiling And Dying’ was released as the lead single, the seven minute song peaked at #2 creating yet another hit single for ‘Riot!’ the single came amid speculation of in band difficulties which were later resolved and at just 19 years old it would appear that the band have a bright future ahead of them providing they continue in a similar vein.

Background: 2008 – 2010 – Formation

In 2008 at the age of 15, Amy Meyer was a high school student living in Las Vegas, Nevada, she wasn’t particularly popular in school, “I never got heavily bullied but I was just sort of invisible to most people at school.” She became friends with Jason Greenberg at the age of eight and she later became friends with Nathan and Justin Mullen at the age of eleven. This eventually led to the formation of Riot! In The Boulevard towards their final year of high school.
Each member had all separately learnt music instruments in their spare time and youth but it wasn’t until 2008 when Amy decided to form a band that they decided to think about a career in music professionally. They would spend almost all of their spare time in Jason’s parents garage practising and writing songs together, it became evident that Amy had a talented for songwriting, but they wrote the majority of the songs together, during this time they claim to have at least 20 songs written and spent the summer of 2009 and 2010 performing in shopping malls, café’s and teen dances within their hometown.
During the period between 2008 and 2010 they crafted their live performances and quickly became comfortable with performing live, however at this point they had never performed in front of more than 200 people.

Background: 2011 – present – Breakthrough

On March 4th 2011, Riot! Became part of the Underground.com, a scheme which helps unsigned acts get record deals and on March 13th, they were offered a two album record deal with the indie label Nomad Records which they duly accepted. The announced that they would begin recording an E.P on 15th March and expected the E.P to be completed within a week. They also confirmed that they would release a debut single, entitled Sweet Little Fantasy’s on 20th March 2011, after a string of festival performances the single peaked at number 2 on the Top20 Airplay Charts. Their first major televised performance was at the 21st IMA's where they performed Sweet Little Fantasy's and garnered praise for their energetic performance.
Their first major tour was in support of Fathers Of Fury, beginning on April 30th and ending on June 1st, it helped break the band in the UK music scene and despite them being an American band it was the UK where they first found fame. They then announced their second single All The Non-Believers on 6th May 2011 which was a moderate chart hit briefly before the single jumped from #20 up to #1 on the Top20 Airplay Charts following the bands announcement of their debut album and their televised performance at the Field Trip Festival 2011. They began recording their self-titled debut album in June 2011 and it was released on July 24, it peaked at number #1 and spent two weeks there following the release as well as going on to sell just under 5 million copies worldwide, making it one of the most successful albums of the year. They then toured alongside bands such as Suburban Sunrise, Big Light Show and Reported Failure. On August 7, 2011 the band released their third single Long Distance Conversations, the single peaked at number #1, continuing on from the success of previous singles, Sweet Little Fantasy's and All The Non-Believers. On September 25, the band released their fourth single Something Old, Something New which debuted at number #1 on the Top20 Airplay Charts, making it three number #1 singles in succession for the teenage rock band as the year came to a close, the band confirmed that they were working on a follow-up album.

They began writing and recording their sophomore album ‘Cradle To The Grave’ from November 2011 to January 2012 and it was released on February 5, 2012 with high expectations. They toured in support of Lily Abbott for the first half of 2012 as the album continued to sell in large numbers and became yet another #1 and has gone on to sell over 3 million copies and continues to sell in large number. They released the lead single in May titled ‘Trying, Crying, Smiling and Dying’ which peaked at #2 and proved that the band have the ability to have chart success without compromising their rock roots.
With another single to be released in the near future, a prestigious headlining slot at ‘Field Trip Festival 2012’ and each member still under the age of 20, it seems like there could be a lot more to come from Riot! in the future.

Band Members
Amy Meyer – Lead vocals, piano, keyboard, guitar, songwriting (2010 – present)
Jason Greenberg – Bass guitar, backing vocals, songwriting (2010 – present)
Adam Benjamin – Rhythm guitar, keyboards, backing vocals, songwriting (2010 – present)
Justin Mullen – Lead guitar, backing vocals, songwriting (2010 – 2013)
Nathan Mullen – Drums, percussion (2010 – 2013)

Discography

STUDIO ALBUMS

"Riot! In The Boulevard" (July 24, 2011) [#1]
"Cradle To The Grave" (February 5, 2012) [#1]
"Crossroads" (November 18, 2012) [#1]
"Wild Young Things" (September 22, 2013) [#1]
"Boycott Love" (October 18, 2015) [#1]
"Young Cardinals" (February 2, 2019) [#1]

SINGLES

Sweet Little Fantasy's (March 20, 2011) [#2]
All The Non Believers (May 8, 2011) [#1]
Long Distance Conversations (August 7, 2011) [#1]
Something Old, Something New (September 25, 2011) [#1]

Trying, Crying, Smiling And Dying (May 13, 2012) [#2]
Remember Me As A Place In Time (June 17, 2012) [#3]
Somewhere On The Horizon (October 14, 2012) [#1]
I'll Be Praying For Blood This Christmas (December 16, 2012) [#2]

How Did We Get Here? (January 13, 2013) [#1]
A Place Called Home (The Leaving Song) (February 17, 2013) [#6]
To All Of The Names Written On The Inside Of My Arm (June 2, 2013) [#1]
We Are The Half-Moon Kids (July 28, 2013) [#3]
You're The Poison, I'm The Antidote (November 24, 2013) [#5]

This Is A Hostile Takeover (April 25, 2015) [#1]
To Write Love On Her Arms (May 17, 2015) [#2]
Boycott Love (June 13, 2015) [#3]
The Saviour They All Think I Am (July 25, 2015) [#5]
Revolt/Resist (feat. Rum & Coke) (December 13, 2015) [#2]

Poster Kids of Pop-Punk (feat. Kara Romero) (February 8, 2016) [#6]
Asylum (August 6, 2016) [#1]

Swinging for the Fences (February 4, 2017) [#2]
Pop Culture x Hungry Vulture (May 6, 2017) [#2]
Comeback Kids (June 17, 2017) [#1]
Fireworks Over Vegas (August 19, 2017) [#2]
Young Cardinals (December 30, 2017) [#1]

Dead On Arrival (July 17, 2018) [#1]
Faking Happiness Until It's Found (July 17, 2018) [#4]

Nomads (January 26, 2019) [#1]

E.P’S/LIVE ALBUMS/COMPILATIONS

Sin City Serenade (March 19, 2011) [#8]
Riot! Live From Field Trip Festival 2012 (September 30, 2012) [#1]
Boycott Love: Hostile Takeover Edition (January 24, 2016) [#4]

Edited by user 20 October 2020 02:36:21(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 2 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 03/06/2012(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 01/01/2014(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#2 Posted : 03 June 2012 03:23:13(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
OOC: Looks better than ever :)
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 03/06/2012(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#3 Posted : 03 June 2012 21:10:25(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: RoseJapanFan Go to Quoted Post
OOC: Looks better than ever :)

OOC: Thaaaanks :)
Offline C4AJoh  
#4 Posted : 03 June 2012 21:17:52(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

BAND PROFILE: A-M-Y - M-E-Y-E-R

UserPostedImage

Favourite Music: Death Cab For Cutie, The Pretenders, The Cure, No Doubt, Blondie, The Pixies, Belle & Sebastian, Stevie Nicks, U2, The Ramones, Misery Loves Company, Lily Abbott, Dead Roses, Infinite, Ryan Ross Hernandez
Favourite Movies: The Graduate, Into The Wild, Fight Club, Donnie Darko, The Green Mile, Requiem For A Dream, Lion King, The Hangover
Favourite Places: My Home, New York City, Dublin
Favourite Quotes: “Our duty as men and women is to proceed as if limits to our own ability did not exist. We are collaborators in creation” by Teilhard de Chardin
Hometown: Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
Interests: Music, Writing, Performing, Shopping, Fashion
What was the last book you read? It’s Kind Of A Funny Story by Ned Vizzini

Quote:
“I was born in Berklee, California but raised in Las Vegas, Nevada. We moved out to Nevada when I was three years old so Nevada is all that I’ve ever known. I’ve always been a dreamy type of person even when my dreams weren’t all that likely to come true and I’ve always dreamt of seeing as much of the world as I can, thankfully I’m now in a position to make most of my dreams come true and I’ve been blessed to be able to see a lot of the world while touring which has definitely been an amazing experience.
I’ve got a great group of friends and despite the fact that I’ve always been a solitary type of person it’s great to know that there’s people there for you. The majority of my free time is spent pretty much the same as any other person of my age, I spend my free days with friends whenever I can. I always carry a notebook with me wherever I go because I learnt from an early age that inspiration doesn’t have a time schedule, (That’s quite possibly the nerdiest thing I’ve ever said!) But all in all I’m a regular person that has been able to live her dream thanks to amazing fans.”
Offline C4AJoh  
#5 Posted : 03 June 2012 21:32:37(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

BAND PROFILE: J-U-S-T-I-N – M-U-L-L-E-N

UserPostedImage

Quote:
“I was born and raised in Las Vegas, Nevada, I have an older sister and a twin brother that happens to play drums in the band, I’ve often been called a quiet and shy person which I guess I’d have to agree with but I’ve always been fascinated by music and other forms of entertainment and creativity and began learning to play guitar at a young age which I guess helped me with a lack of self-confidence.
I’ve been friends with Amy since the age of 11 and we bonded over a love of similar music, it wasn’t until high school when Amy asked if I wanted to form a band together and that’s kinda when our lives changed for the better. I was never a popular person in high school but I just about managed to blend in with everybody else. I spend my spare time playing various different instruments as well as sports like Hockey and Baseball and I also enjoy swimming. But whenever I have any downtime from the band I’m usually thinking about the band and all of that stuff that comes with being in a band.”

Favourite Music: Mayday Parade, All American Rejects, The Offspring, Pearl Jam, Jacks Mannequin, Plain White T’s, The Who, Klaus Badelt, Suburban Sunrise
Favourite Movies: Trainspotting, Good Will Hunting, The Wrestler, Once, Ace Ventura, Road Trip, Schindler’s List, Shawshank Redemption
Favourite Places: Las Vegas, Wal-Mart
Favourite Quotes: “Never say goodbye because goodbye means going away and going away means forgetting” by J.M. Barrie
Interests: Music, Performing, Reading, Swimming, Hockey
What was the last book you read? Love In The Time Of Cholera by Gabriel García Marquez

Offline C4AJoh  
#6 Posted : 03 June 2012 21:38:25(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

BAND PROFILE: J-A-S-O-N – G-R-E-E-N-B-E-R-G

UserPostedImage

Quote:
“I play bass guitar in ‘Riot!’ and was born in Las Vegas, Nevada. If you ever see me then there’s probably a very high chance that I have headphones on as I’m almost always listening to music, I would say that I’m slightly different from the rest of the band in terms of my musical tastes. I have always preferred a heavier sound than the rest of the group and tend to avoid the pop genres as much as possible.
I’ve known Amy since the age of 8, so we’ve been through a lot together and we somehow haven’t managed to kill each other over that time which speaks volumes for the amount of patience that I must have, she can be very infuriating at times but when all is said and done we both know that I love her like a sister and will strive to protect her because let’s face it, she’s very small.
In my spare times I like racing and I’m steadily building a pretty solid motorcycle collection, I also enjoy spending my weekends at sports bars or sports events, particularly boxing and wrestling and often take part in those sports whenever I can but obviously the busy nature of being in a band makes it difficult to find time for that sort of thing, having said that I have to say that I feel proud to be part of such a great band.”

Favourite Music: Led Zeppelin, 30 Seconds To Mars, Soundgarden, The Ramones, Metallica, The Replacements, Marilyn Manson, Kiss, Infinite, Mind
Favourite Movies: The Godfather, Saving Private Ryan, Jaws, Wayne’s World, The Shining, Shaun Of The Dead
Favourite Places: Las Vegas, Berlin, Los Angeles
Favourite Quotes: “The boundaries which divide life from death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?” by Edgar Allan Poe
Interests: Music, Racing, Fast Food, Drinking, Wrestling, Boxing
What was the last book you read? The Dark Tower VI: Song Of Susannah by Stephen King
Offline C4AJoh  
#7 Posted : 03 June 2012 21:42:25(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

BAND PROFILE: N-A-T-H-A-N – M-U-L-L-E-N

UserPostedImage

Quote:
“I’m Nathan Mullen and I’m the drummer for ‘Riot! In The Boulevard’ and a few other small bands whenever I get the time. I was born and raised in Vegas along with my older sister and twin brother Justin and I guess it’s true to say that I’m not exactly the quintessential Rockstar. I was a pretty quiet and lonely child all the way into my teens and into high school. I was really chubby which gave me confidence issue’s but I learned to play the drums which gave me the chance to express myself whenever I was dealing with stuff and was too afraid to say anything out loud.
I was asked to be part of the band by Justin and Amy when they had decided to form a rock band and that changed my whole world, I prefer classic rock music and I like to play Football during my spare time although I wouldn’t say I’m particularly good at it. But I feel like I was put on the planet to play drums and I’m lucky that I get to be part of the band because it really has changed my life.”

Favourite Music: Blink 182, Metallica, The Who, AC/DC
Favourite Movies: American Pie, Chucky, Flubber, Beauty And The Beast, Finding Nemo
Favourite Places: Home, Anywhere With Food
Favourite Quotes: “I don’t need to fight, to prove I’m right, I don’t need to be forgiven” by The Who
Hometown: Las Vegas, Nevada
Interests: Music, Food, TV, Sports, Drumming
What was the last book you read? The Perks Of Being A Wallflower by Stephan Chbosky
Offline C4AJoh  
#8 Posted : 03 June 2012 21:48:05(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

BAND PROFILE: A-D-A-M – B-E-N-J-A-M-I-N

UserPostedImage

Quote:
“Hi, I’m Adam Benjamin, the beautiful member of the band … no not the one with boobs and red hair, what’s wrong with you?! I’m the one that plays Rhythm Guitar and will forever be known as the 5th member of the band. I was born in Las Vegas, Nevada and I went to the same high school as Amy, Justin, Nathan and Jason but I wouldn’t say I was particularly close to either of them because … well I had a reputation back then, I was waaaaay too cool to be seen with those losers but nevertheless they tracked me down after high school and slowly placed a black hand gun to my head and said, “You’re either gonna play in our rock band or have your brains smeared all over this garden” and … well in hindsight I probably made the wrong decision … buuuuuut I’m hot and almost rich so every cloud and all of that.

I joke of course … but that’s just a defence mechanism to make people look past the fact that I have no real emotions, I’m a robot … see my parents couldn’t have kids and my dad was a whiz with technology and such and hey presto they created a robot child, again I’m only joking, I’m not a robot *does Elephant man voice* I am a human being! … Ohhh I digress again, see what happens when a laptop distracts me with so many pretty buttons, I guess it’s less embarrassing than being distracted by internet porn … *shouts into the next room* Isn’t that right Amy!
She knows what I mean, seriously she may look all sweet and innocent with that red-hair of hers but she’s disgusting, playing with herself every second of the day, you’d think she could control herself!

Ha! I promised to delete that last part but I’m gonna leave it and make everybody think that Amy’s a sex addict, I’m what they call an evil genius. Kinda like Pinky and The Brain … Awww I miss childhood :(
Ohhh I’m supposed to be doing that band profile thing, right? Oh well … you win some, you lose some”

Favourite Music: Sigur Rós, Death Cab For Cutie, Belle & Sebastian, She & Him, Of Monsters And Men, Damien Rice, Mayday Parade, Book Of Love, Kids In Glass Houses, Misery Loves Company,
Favourite Movies: Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind, Once, Donnie Darko, Garden State, Lost In Translation, The Butterfly Effect, Star Wars
Favourite Places: New York City, California, Neverland
Favourite Quotes: “I am the walrus, I am the eggman” – The Beatles
“That’s what she said” by Anybody cool
“Never say goodbye because goodbye means going away and going away means forgetting” by J.M. Barrie
Interests: Music, Performing, Writing, Reading, Surfing, Soccer, Swimming/Drowning
What was the last book you read? Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie
Offline Mckenzie-  
#9 Posted : 03 June 2012 22:38:41(UTC)
Mckenzie-

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 1511 time(s) in 943 post(s)
OOC: Great work here again. Writing all this out must have taken a while.

Ryan: Woah! Amy, are you kidding me? Not only have you got the most awesome taste in music.. by the way, thank you for considering us in the bracket along with some of those huge artists and one of my favorites, Death Cab. BUT, you have an incredible movie preference in Donnie Darko, Requiem etc. Also.. my friends called me Alexander Supertramp for a year because I was so obsessed with going on the epic American adventure.. I love that movie!

Nate: Man.. really? Benjamin is probably our missing band member. Like seriously.. we love all that music and those movies. And anyone who's favourite quote includes The Beatles, I like. Jason actually looks like the dude from Of Monsters And Men though, weirdly. Anyway, it's good to see you guys have got off your little hiccup I read abut in Culture Uncut. I can't wait to see what else you guys are going to go on and achieve this year!
retired x
thanks 1 user thanked Mckenzie- for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 04/06/2012(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#10 Posted : 04 June 2012 02:00:01(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: Mckenzie- Go to Quoted Post
OOC: Great work here again. Writing all this out must have taken a while.

Ryan: Woah! Amy, are you kidding me? Not only have you got the most awesome taste in music.. by the way, thank you for considering us in the bracket along with some of those huge artists and one of my favorites, Death Cab. BUT, you have an incredible movie preference in Donnie Darko, Requiem etc. Also.. my friends called me Alexander Supertramp for a year because I was so obsessed with going on the epic American adventure.. I love that movie!

Nate: Man.. really? Benjamin is probably our missing band member. Like seriously.. we love all that music and those movies. And anyone who's favourite quote includes The Beatles, I like. Jason actually looks like the dude from Of Monsters And Men though, weirdly. Anyway, it's good to see you guys have got off your little hiccup I read abut in Culture Uncut. I can't wait to see what else you guys are going to go on and achieve this year!

OOC: Thanks I'm glad you like it :)

Amy: Haha, thanks Ryan! I have the most awesome taste in music and movies because I'm the most awesome person :P Nah but you can't go wrong with those artists and movies, particularly Into The Wild, Chris McCandless is a total hero, you were obsessed with going on the epic American adventure too?! lol We should go do that sometime we could become a couple of recluses and move out to Alaska! I always wanted to stand on the snowy mountains and shout "Is there anybody here!" ... I'd be up for that ;)

Adam: :O let me join your band, pleaaaase! Anything to get away from Amy, she's a freak! I'm totally joking ... kinda. But yeah, I like my movies and indie music and The Beatles own of course! ... Haha! Jason totally does look like some icelandic folk singer ... I only just noticed that now. Yeah, we managed to get through a slightly rough patch but things are looking up, headlining in front of 150,000 people next Sunday, should be fun. I'll also be taking a keen interest in MLC's set too!
thanks 1 user thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
Mckenzie- on 04/06/2012(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#11 Posted : 11 June 2012 22:45:56(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

THE CONQUERERS PLANT THEIR FLAG IN THE GROUND,
THEY SCREAM AT THE TOP OF THEIR VOICE!

Monday 11th June, 2012

UserPostedImage

Hey wonderful people, how are you all enjoying your Monday?

We’ve only just arrived back in South America this morning for the final show of the Demand And Supply world tour with the likes of Lily, Book Of Love and Metallic Swan and it’s been a very memorable couple of months for each of us, it’s been great being on the tour with those awesome people but at this point I think we’re definitely ready to take a couple of weeks out to rest and recuperate before we begin planning what’s next on the agenda for Riot! In The Boulevard.
However I can confirm to you beautiful and highly dedicated people that we have the second single ‘Remember Me As A Place In Time’ taken from Cradle To The Grave being sent to the airwaves on Wednesday and will be available to buy or download on Sunday 17 June, It’s quite a change of pace from our lead single ‘Trying, Crying, Smiling And Dying’ as it’s a more softer/acoustic track, but hopefully you can all relate to the songs theme and lyrics.

We performed it last night in front of one hundred and fifty thousand people at ‘Field Trip 2012’ which was quite possibly the greatest night of my life, I’ve never seen a crowd like it and I gotta say a huge thank you to all of those people that stuck around and for everybody at the festival that made it possible for us to perform, it was definitely a memory that I won’t ever forget and now it’s something I won’t ever have to forget as the full performance will be posted on our video’s page at some point in the next couple of days.
I also want to give a massive thank you and a million hugs and kisses to those who keep supporting ‘Cradle To The Grave’ It’s now spent over five months in the album’s chart and continues to sell in large numbers, I have no idea who is still buying the album but the fact it’s still in and around the top 5 is just a mind-blowing thought, It’s reportedly sold close to four million copies and could even eclipse the album sales of our debut. All of this stuff still feels incredibly new to us and when we hear all of these great things about our work it just amazes us, we never expected to be at this point in just one year, but it’s just crazy, I can’t really explain how or why it’s happened but we all appreciate it.

In terms of what we have planned now that our touring is about to finish, I have absolutely no idea. I plan on taking a small vacation (Any suggestions as to where I should go would be appreciated :P) but after that it seems like there’s a number of options for us to consider, we’ve spoken to people about taking our first major headlining tour in the US but we’re also looking at supporting slots so if anyone is in need for support in the next couple of months then I’d be glad to give it some consideration.
In regards to new music being released, I don’t have much news to give about that possibility, We hope to get into a recording studio towards the end of the year but we don’t plan on rushing into anything, we’re gonna enjoy a little free time and then hopefully tour a little more before the end of the year.

I think that pretty much covers everything for now, so thanks for listening.
Bye xxx

- Amy Meyer

Edited by user 11 June 2012 23:24:01(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline C4AJoh  
#12 Posted : 29 June 2012 01:25:48(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

CONSEQUENCE OF SOUND│INTERVIEW WITH ADAM BENJAMIN
Consequence Of Sound sat down with rhythm guitarist Adam Benjamin as he discusses touring, his band mates, his inability to talk to girls, why people take the industry too seriously and laying on his bedroom floor in the foetal position. Check it out!

UserPostedImage

You’ve recently finished up a world tour with Riot! alongside the likes of Lily, Book Of Love, Metallic Swan and Faking Our Own Destiny. How do you think the tour went?

The whole experience has been pretty great, I mean to see the effort that goes into getting everything ready for each show was definitely an eye opener, I think the roadies and the techs and all the little people that get the venues ready didn’t like me all that much though, I got into a lot of trouble from those guys I dropped my soda onto one of the electrical wires once and the guy screamed at me … It’s cool though, I gave him a big old cuddle and everything was alright.

What about the bands on the tour, did you get along well with them?

It was a little difficult because you’re always rushing around when you’re on tour but they all seemed like decent people. I got to spend a whole lot of time watching their performances though which was pretty awesome but I think we mostly just kept to ourselves throughout the tour and it’s probably best that I don’t talk to people all that often because it never seems to end well.

And why do you say that?

Well despite my devilishly handsome appearance and confident persona I’m just a very, very social awkward type of human. It’s a shame because I’m really quite a lovely person if you can look past the awkwardness but not many people get to see that.

There’s often been tales of romance blossoming between musicians while on tour, is that something that you noticed? Or perhaps even happened with yourself?

Not really, I didn’t see any sex at all … That’s what you mean right? Oh you mean people flirting and falling in love and all that sad mushy crap? Nope, there was some very attractive females on the tour though, there was Lily, she’s very hot but I think she’d probably eat me up. Of course there was Laura Paige but she’s a drummer and one of my rules is that I should never date someone with bigger arms than me. Of course there was the pretty twins Harmony and Taylor, Harmony seems a little too sweet so I fear that if we ever dated I’d probably get diabetes and Taylor is cool, she seems like a rather angry young girl but that’s kinda hot … sadly I was too afraid to make a move.

And what about Amy?

Ewwwwww, god no! That would be like sleeping with Elmo!

Okay, we’ll just move on then

I think that would be best.

It’s been documented earlier in the year that there was some sort of difficulties within the band that have now been resolved, how would you describe your band mates?

They’re evil, every single one of them is pure evil. Nah, Justin and Nathan are generally both quiet people, they have been for as long as I’ve known them, they’re always overthinking things but they’re usually fun to be around, they’re kinda like the reliable friends, the type that won’t drink at a party so that they can carry you home when your completely wasted … true story.
Jason is very confident and cool, he’s also a very funny guy and he’s into his heavy rock music, he’s like that guy that you wanna be, he never has any embarrassing moment and he’s so darn good at talking to women it’s kinda infuriating for me to see but he’s awesome.
Amy is the weirdest human being I have ever known, she’s somewhere between the cool girl that everybody wants to be friends with and the nerdy girl that just wants to sit in her PJ’s all day and watch Star Wars, she’s kinda remarkable it’s crazy.

What’s next in store for Riot! In The Boulevard?

Right now we’re on a little vacation time if you want. We’ve spent a lot of time together for the past eight months and so we’re just gonna take a couple of months to spend away from each other. I guess we’ll start planning what’s next for us when we next meet up. Right now it could be anything, there’s talk of us hitting the road again, starting work on a new album, putting out a live album and all kinds of things but the we’ve not spoken about any of that stuff yet so only time will tell.

I see, so what are your plans while the band is having a short break?

Well I have to keep my options open, right now my focus is mainly on getting an audition to be the sixth member of Weekend. The only issue is the fact that I’m too normal for the band, I mean I’m not engaged, I haven’t impregnated a woman and I haven’t been stabbed but still … I’m hoping they’ll offer me an audition, I mean I’d even offer to impregnate a woman if that would increase my chances in any way.

I sense some sarcasm.

Yeah … it’d be funnier if I was being sarcastic, right?

I would think so. What are your current thoughts on the music industry?

I think people take it a little too seriously. It gets completely out of control sometimes, people seem to complain and care way too much about things that aren’t very important.
I really do not care if you dislike Suzie, I don’t care if you a multi-billionaire, I don’t care if you’ve released nothing successful and act like you’re a superstar, I don’t care if you claim to be a superstar musician but fail to make music despite thousands of attempts, I really don’t care who you’re sleeping with unless it’s me, I don’t care about how the media has it in for you, I don’t care if you don’t tour because it gets lonely on the road, I don’t care if you’ve run out of inspiration to continue to make music, I don’t care if you think someone isn’t as good as you are, I don’t care if you have a twitter account, I don’t care if you have to show your breasts to sell records or gain attention, I don’t care if you die every week only to make a major comeback in the coming months, I don’t care how you look, I don’t care what you think and honestly I don’t care what you do. Give me Led Zeppelin II and IV and shut up! … too much?

Perhaps, what do you think you would be doing if you weren’t part of Riot!?

I’d probably be working in Burger King or something like that but I’d still be socially awkward and forever alone so it’s not entirely different to my life now.

How do you generally spend your time if you’re not working?

I spend most of my time curled up on my bedroom floor in the foetal position while crying my eyes out … it gets lonely sometimes.
But I plan on moving to Los Angeles or New York City in the next few months because it’s nice to have a change sometimes and Vegas is becoming a little too familiar now. I’m not entirely sure if I’d manage to fit into the LA lifestyle but I don’t wanna just settle for normality.

Well that’s an admirable statement, thank you for your time today.

Edited by user 29 June 2012 01:26:22(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline C4AJoh  
#13 Posted : 27 July 2012 05:25:24(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

“WHERE DID ALL THE HERO’S GO??” …
“THEY’VE BEEN REPLACED BY NAMELESS CELEBRITIES ON TMZ AND TWITTER!”

Thursday 26th July, 2012

UserPostedImage
> Because our fans are more artistic than your fans ;) <

“Hey, where did Riot! go?” may be a question some have pondered during the past month, the replies probably go along the lines of “You mean that band with the tiny red haired chick? Maybe they peaked too soon” Well the truth is that we’ve took ourselves out of the music industry for the best part of a month, the timing was pretty great considering the way things have gone in the industry recently, don’t you find it pretty screwed up that the artists actually making the music are no longer getting the attention that their work so rightly deserves and instead it’s the people with the money? The word lawsuit has probably been mentioned more times in regards to the music industry in the past few weeks than a lifetime of conversations with a Yale graduate.

Seriously? How about we start paying attention to the actual music that is being made rather than the pathetic little drama’s going on via twitter and the ever so important “media”. Also whatever happened to grace and dignity and respect? That seems to have gone out of the window, didn’t people used to meet privately to discuss anything remotely business related? I guess things aren’t done the way they used to be, it’s a sad state of affairs that a twitter conversation gets more attention than the work that many musicians have spent months and months trying to perfect. People seem more interested to know who the famous are dating rather than the inspiration for their latest works. There’s also people out there who have the audacity to call themselves musicians despite the evidence being rather clear that they aren’t, how about you get yourself in a recording studio and make some music then? Seriously? You think just because you’ve got the financial backing of a record label that you don’t need to work hard? You're probably more interested in seeing your name on TMZ rather than on the cover an album, if you call yourself a musician then prove it!
We may only be 19 years old and we may have only been part of the music industry for just over a year but we’ve got two studio albums to our name, with combined sales of nine million and a bunch of hit singles, we’ve spent months and months in recording studios from morning to evening working hard on our music and then when we’ve finished with that we’ve spent practically all of our time on tour buses, millions of miles away from family, friends and any sort of normality because we believe in what we do and we work incredibly hard to achieve everything that we’ve managed to achieve, yeah the labels put the money into studio time and promotion and they do have an important role in the process but you’ve gotta put in the effort to make it successful.
So what I guess I’m trying to say is that if you’re gonna call yourself and artist then start acting like one and please for the love of god let the music industry be about the actual music once again, push the focus onto the people making the music not the people wielding the cash in their gigantic egotistical hands.

Onto more work related matters now, as a band we’ve taken a month out, we’ve enjoyed the downtime and our own little vacations but we’re ready to get busy once again and we have some news to give to our wonderfully insane fanbase. Firstly you may have seen our headline performance at the Field Trip Festival in June but for those of you who haven’t or just want to relive the experience then we bring you good news, we’ll be heading into a studio in the next week to begin production on a live CD/DVD of that performance, it will be our first concert release and so hopefully it will be something that you all enjoy, we’ll be hoping to have that particular release on shelves sometime in August.
Also I feel like we should mention the fact that this will be our fourth release and therefore the final release of our recording contract, what happens in regards to this and the future will remain to be seen but it’s something that we hope to get resolved sometime soon, having seen the ridiculous nature of such similar situations recently it’s something we’d like to avoid, right now we don’t have any preferences but we will listen to all offers should any come our way, we refuse to be part of any sort of media circus so we’ll hope to have things dealt with rather swiftly.

And finally and perhaps more importantly for our fans out there, we plan on heading into a recording studio around September/October to begin writing material for our next studio album, with the view to releasing some brand new material at the beginning of 2013, firstly we’ll be scouring the world to find a recording studio that impresses us and we’ll be keeping our eyes open over the coming weeks and months to find the producer of our next record.
We’ll hope to play some occasional shows throughout the rest of the year and look to debut new material, so keep an eye out on our official website for any future concert dates.

So until we meet again, I bid you a fond farewell. Peace and love, live long and prosper and other such life-affirming phrases ;)

Amy Meyer – xoxo
thanks 2 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 27/07/2012(UTC), DistortedAudio on 27/07/2012(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#14 Posted : 27 July 2012 05:37:40(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Lily: Thank you, you're about the only person that's spoken some sense in forever. 2013? I dislike you for that, now I have to wait almost a whole year to hear my favorite band? I guess you'll be on repeat for a while.
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

C4AJoh on 27/07/2012(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#15 Posted : 27 July 2012 07:11:18(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: RoseJapanFan Go to Quoted Post
Lily: Thank you, you're about the only person that's spoken some sense in forever. 2013? I dislike you for that, now I have to wait almost a whole year to hear my favorite band? I guess you'll be on repeat for a while.

Amy: Haha, thanks Lily! Crazy, right? Teeny little Amy got annoyed :O But it’s like the industry lost sight of what it’s supposed to be, I’m just fed up of people taking the attention and recognition from those that are actually doing something worthwhile. It’s almost like nobody’s listening to music anymore and it’s been replaced by gossip columns and twitter feeds, it sucks and it’s about time that it becomes all about the music once more. Haha, I’m sorry to make you wait so long but we gotta take our time to make it as good as possible, who knows, maybe we’ll have enough material to release an E.P before the end of the year, we’ll try not to make you have to wait so long though, just because it’s you and we love you ;)
thanks 1 user thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 27/07/2012(UTC)
Offline MATTT  
#16 Posted : 27 July 2012 10:46:40(UTC)
MATTT

Man

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 99 post(s)
Matt Urie: Can't wait to hear whats next from you guys!
MY ARTISTS

hindsight.
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked MATTT for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 27/07/2012(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#17 Posted : 27 July 2012 21:00:28(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: MATTT Go to Quoted Post

Amy: Heeey Matt, it's nice to see you around again, it's been so long :) Thanks, hopefully we can come up with something pretty great!

Adam: :O It's Matt! He gave me my first beer on our first ever US tour, It's good to see your back with the band, dude! We should hang sometime.
Offline MATTT  
#18 Posted : 29 July 2012 11:30:18(UTC)
MATTT

Man

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 99 post(s)
Originally Posted by: C4AJoh Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: MATTT Go to Quoted Post

Amy: Heeey Matt, it's nice to see you around again, it's been so long :) Thanks, hopefully we can come up with something pretty great!

Adam: :O It's Matt! He gave me my first beer on our first ever US tour, It's good to see your back with the band, dude! We should hang sometime.

Matt: @Amy Its been a really long time ahaha I'm sure you guys will make something amazing like usual!

@Adam Whats up man! ahaha hope every things good! We should definitely hang sometime!
MY ARTISTS

hindsight.
UserPostedImage
Offline C4AJoh  
#19 Posted : 26 September 2012 05:47:48(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

“THE PROPHETS STAND TALL WHILE THE CROWD AWAITS WITH BAITED BREATH
THE WEAK BEGIN TO FALL … TO THEIR DEATH!”

September 25, 2012

UserPostedImage

“Kiss a rose and throw it in the sea
Just pray that the rose will find its way to me
We’re both young with a lot to learn
A heart beats heavier when it’s forced to yearn
Maybe we were stupid for getting into this
I sometimes wish I never met you
Because it’s only you that I can miss”

Riot! In The Boulevard; Somewhere On The Horizon

Hello fans, friends, enemies and foes

It’s a real pleasure to be speaking to you all for what feels like has been forever, in truth it’s only really been two months, but being buried in the deepest, darkest depths of a recording studio can make you feel like you’ve been hidden away from the world for a lifetime but hopefully the productivity and various ‘gifts’ that I come bearing for you all makes the minor absence from your own worlds worthwhile or at least that’s the hope, otherwise our efforts become pointless but I’m very much a glass-is-half-full type of person and I’d like to think that you all are too, oh and Adam had a message that he wanted me to give, he says “Hi, fellow earthlings, we’ll be re-emerging very soon, like a flower in the spring or a group of rather stubborn cockroaches, whichever you feel suits us most” … he’s certainly got a way with words, hasn’t he?

Anyway, I feel that I’m beginning to drag this out and so it’s time to announce some hopefully great news, firstly, we have our first ever live album being released on Sunday (30th September), in CD/DVD form of course and we certainly hope that you enjoy watching it as much as we enjoyed making it and the second and probably more important news is that we’re working hard on our third studio album and we hope to have that released before the end of the year, perhaps sometime in November, it’s been an absolute pleasure for us to be joined by Isaac Lovelock in the production of the album and as an added bonus I can confirm a couple of song titles, they are as follows; “The Webs That You Weave”, “This Doesn’t Feel Like Home Anymore”, “Walk Away With Your Head Held High” and our lead single from the album “Somewhere On The Horizon”. Hopefully they can find all find a place in our setlist for future tours.

As briefly mentioned we have already chosen the lead single “Somewhere On The Horizon”, I’m not entirely sure when you can expect it to be released but I’d guesstimate that it would be released sometime in October and so hopefully we can live up to that potential release date. Also in addition to the releases that we have planned, I’m delighted and extremely excited to confirm that we’ll be joining some of the best musicians around currently on the No Venues II tour, a line-up including our great friends Lily Abbott, Reported Failure, Suburban Sunrise and James Urie as well as the most exciting new band around TopLads and the duo that I’ve fallen head over heels with Hey Lolita, it’s sure to be an incredible tour and we hope to see many of you join us for the journey.

I think that pretty much covers everything, although we’d also like to give a thank you to our label North Hill Records for allowing us to do our own thing without constantly questioning when we’ll be ready with some new music, it’s a whole lot easier to work without pressure.
So until the next time, thank you all for listening.

Amy ~ xoxo
thanks 3 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
Mckenzie- on 26/09/2012(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 26/09/2012(UTC), mebeme101 on 26/09/2012(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#20 Posted : 26 September 2012 07:09:20(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Lily: Let's give people a reason to believe in music after our performances. I don't know about you but I'm not holding back this time.. ;)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

C4AJoh on 26/09/2012(UTC)