logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline C4AJoh  
#1 Posted : 15 August 2015 04:25:25(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8533 time(s) in 2672 post(s)
UserPostedImage UserPostedImage

Title: “Boycott Love”
Release Date: October 18, 2015
Recorded: February - July 2015 - Half-Moon Studios, Las Vegas, Nevada
Genres: Pop-Punk, Alternative Rock
Length: 60:08
Label: Studio60 Records
Producers: Riot! In The Boulevard, Avil Hartman

“Boycott Love” is the fifth studio album released by American rock band ‘Riot! In The Boulevard’ and sixth overall album released from the Las Vegas based trio of Adam Benjamin, Amy Meyer and Jason Greenberg. Produced by Riot! In The Boulevard alongside Avil Hartman once more following their work together on 2013’s “Wild Young Things”. The release of “Boycott Love” comes after the band took a year-long break from each other in order to try out different things and get themselves re-inspired. The break came after the band released four studio albums and toured excessively for almost four years, becoming one of the biggest and most productive names in the music industry in the process. During the break, each member of the band pursued their own things away from the band environment, both Adam and Amy released solo albums to differing levels of success while bassist Jason Greenberg launched a clothing label with his wife Alaina and the couple welcomed their first child in October 2014.
Speaking about the decision to take a break, the band stated that they needed to take the time away to try out different things and find some sort of inspiration in avenues away from the Riot! In The Boulevard environment, they always noted that this wasn’t necessarily a break-up but rather just time apart to gain a different perspective and become re-inspired. Discussing the decision to not go back into their studio and record a follow-up to 2013’s “Wild Young Things” Amy spoke of tiredness and becoming a little disillusioned with a repetitive routine being one of the main reasons, “I think there was always gonna be a time when we all decided that we had had enough of Riot! For a little while and I’m quite surprised that we managed to get to the fourth record before feeling that way. But it was eventually the whole cycle of things that had worn us down, it was pretty much album, singles, tour, album singles, tour, album, singles, tour for almost four years straight and after a while it was getting to the point where we were visiting these incredible places and doing these incredible things but we weren’t truly appreciating it all because it was just what we do, at that point. I know we didn’t too much time out, but we took the amount of time that we needed to feel energised and ready to enjoy it all again like we did for the first two years.”

At the beginning of 2015 the three musicians decided to meet up for writing sessions in their hometown in order to see if the break had done enough to clear their minds, these initial sessions went well in January and the three musicians agreed to head into their recording studio in late February to try out recording some songs that they had written and to continue writing more songs together in order to see if they were capable of coming up with material worthy of another studio album. Again the sessions went well and the band begun to start up the process of recording the album, by March they were already working out the track listing for the record and a number of songs were agreed upon by the band as they continued to write and record together in secret. The early songs included “This Is A Hostile Takeover”, “Here’s to the Kids”, “First Class Saints” and a re-arranged version of “The Poster-Kids of Pop-Punk” which they had initially started writing prior to their downtime. These songs were all considered exciting enough for the band to head full speed into the recording of their next album and by the end of March they had already made major decisions regarding the bands future.
The beginning of April saw the band sign to Studio60 Records on an album-by-album contract, giving both the label and the band the freedom to part ways at any point, all of this was kept under wraps and by the end of April they had finished recording a couple of songs, shocking their own die-hard fanbase with the unannounced release of first single “This Is A Hostile Takeover” which peaked at the top spot of the singles chart marking a triumphant return, the band had doubts about how their return would go and Adam Benjamin even stated that he was afraid of getting the band back together, “It happens all the time, when a band takes some time off after a really impressive run, they’re usually not quite the same band any more and that was the only doubt that I had in my mind. I thought the music we were creating was as good as anything we had done and our minds were exactly where they needed to be, but I always had that lingering fear of, what if we’re like ‘Boom! We’re Back!’ and we just hear crickets. But thankfully it worked out.”
The trio continued to remind the music industry of why they had such a good run previously, they showcased their hard-work, consistency and uniqueness, promising fans a brand new single each month until the albums release date. The stayed true to their word and a little under a month after their return single they followed that up the charity track “To Write Love On Her Arms” peaking at number #2 on the singles charts and the third being the albums title song, “Boycott Love” which peaked at number #3 on the album charts, the interest in the band simmered slightly after the initial enthusiasm of their return, but they have continued to work hard recording their latest album and they recently put out their fourth single from the album, the track titled “The Saviour They All Think I Am” which is also a featured track on the Evangelion soundtrack and was written specifically for the movie, that track saw a peak position of number #5 on the singles charts but saw an unimpressive response from their standards for the first time in the bands career, garnering little interest and only just scraping the top five position in the singles chart.

Following the release of those promotional singles in order to re-welcome the band back to the industry, the band continued to work tirelessly in their ‘Half-Moon Studios’ to finish up the recording of the record. The album was officially completed at the end of July and is expected to be released at the beginning of September 2015, through ‘Studio60 Records’.

Message;

Quote:
“Wow, is it really that time already?

It feels just like yesterday that the three of us decided to re-group after the new year break and see if we could come up with something interesting! See, we weren’t away for too long, we always said we’d be back sometime soon, but the industry had changed so much since we were last writing an album and we aren’t gonna lie to you guys, we thought this return had the potential to be car-crash, a disaster right in front of your very eyes. We could picture the headlines already, ‘Fallen Idols Not What They Once Were’, but we managed to get over those initial fears after we started writing together again and quickly we started putting the pieces of the puzzle together and to our surprise we had the basis of our next record! Of course there’s more to it than just the words you write or the melodies you create, you never know if what you hear is what everybody else is gonna hear, sometimes things just don’t land, (Amy Meyer solo career anybody?) but life is about taking the chances and seeing what you are capable of!

Riot! has and always will be our main focus, we believe passionately about what we sing about and we are truly proud of our legacy in the music industry already, but we aren’t done by any stretch of the imagination and along the way we may very well create albums that don’t quite land, heck we’ll even go out there and say it right now, 2012’s “Crossroads” is one of those records. We aim to hit it out of the park on every occasion we’re at bat, but sometimes it just doesn’t work out for whatever reason. Thankfully we feel like we’ve not had too many of those and we feel like the legacy we have already created throughout our careers is something to be extremely proud of.
When looking at Riot! In The Boulevard we enjoy the fact that our music is so completely unique to ourselves and that is what gets you to the level you aspire to be on. We’re hesitant to call this veteran advice, considering our ages, but in an industry overflowing with talent, what will really get you there is hard-work and individuality.

So, album number five? Who’d have thought those snotty little Vegas kids would have gotten here, right?
But here we are and we’re extremely excited to put these songs out into the world for you to listen to, analyse, embrace and criticise. We feel like this record stands alongside our best work, but of course you may have differing opinions.
But we feel passionately about the songs that we’ve written, all of which came from a place within the three of us that is very real, it’s the first record where we have fully put our hears out their for the world to listen to our innermost thoughts and fears and dreams.
And we hope that you enjoy it!”

- Riot! In The Boulevard

Tracklisting;

1. Boycott Love (4:22)
2. Las Vegas, NV (3:57)
3. Here’s To The Kids ... (4:19)
4. Revolt/Resist (4:32)
5. This Is A Hostile Takeover (5:42)
6. First Class Saints (4:02)
7. When We Were Believers (4:39)
8. We Aren’t Lost, Just Misguided Slightly (3:57)
9. Where Did All The Heroes Go (2:41)
10. Bury The Hatchet (4:58)
11. Poster Kids of Pop-Punk (5:19)
12. It’s True What They Said, Romance Is Dead (4:41)
13. Bury Me In Memory (3:48)
14. With Clear Eyes and Full Hearts (5:03)

Bonus Tracks;

15. This Is A Hostile Takeover (feat. Drew Westbrook) (Remix) (6:48)
16. To Write Love On Her Arms (6:29)
17. The Saviour They All Think I Am (4:32)

Personnel;

Amy Meyer - lead vocals, piano, lyrics, composition, production
Adam Benjamin - rhythm guitar, lead guitar, keyboards, backing vocals, lyrics, composition, production
Jason Greenberg - bass guitar, lyrics, composition, production
Billie Langdon - drums, percussion
Avil Hartman - production, programming, engineering
Cara Zayn - mixing, photography
Drew Westbrook - guest vocals (track 15)

Edited by user 18 October 2015 22:48:13(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 12 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
erich hess on 15/08/2015(UTC), kandii on 15/08/2015(UTC), freestylechamp on 15/08/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 15/08/2015(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 16/08/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 21/08/2015(UTC), Atonic Records on 22/08/2015(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 25/08/2015(UTC), chaotic_princess on 31/08/2015(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 05/09/2015(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 07/09/2015(UTC), Andre Gandra on 24/09/2015(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#2 Posted : 22 August 2015 10:57:19(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
Jennifer: Preordered about a thousand times!
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 23/08/2015(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#3 Posted : 23 August 2015 23:23:24(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: RoseJapanFan Go to Quoted Post
Jennifer: Preordered about a thousand times!

Adam: Yaaaaay! Thank you super-fan! This means that we will at least sell 1000 copies! That's like 999 copies more than we were expecting to sell! x)
Offline C4AJoh  
#4 Posted : 23 August 2015 23:23:56(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Track: # - 01
Title: “Boycott Love”
Genres: Alternative Rock, Pop-Punk
Length: 4:22
Writer(s): Adam Benjamin, Amy Meyer, Jason Greenberg

The song begins with a solitary piano introduction, the voice of Amy Meyer and the melodic sound of the piano keys are the only things that can be heard as she delivers the lyrics to the opening verse of the song, “We will chant these words of scripture/Until they echo through the hearts of the lost and the lonesome/This is not another teenage mantra/Because broken souls killed the kids that once were wholesome/Instead we’ll be scrawling our mantra of love and heartbreak on walls/Until the message comes across.” she sings with a passion and fire in her vocals, before delivering truth in the form of the following words, “We’re always too blind to see what we’ve gained/But always aware of what we’ve lost.” and as the opening verse comes towards it’s conclusion the sound of the lead guitar, bass guitar and drums enter as she bellows out, “So, boycott love/Boycott love.”

The guitar and drum inclusion continues as we move into the pre-chorus, it’s typically Riot! With words of wisdom drenched in sadness and emotion, it’s catchy and repetitive as you’d expect, “They say love will fly away/To make room for something new/They say love will fly away/But what if we don’t want it to?/What if we don’t want it to?” and you can picture this song becoming an instant live favourite as it’s the sort of song that the band relish greatly.
The guitars continue to crash around the background with the drums and Amy again reverts back to poignant mode as she sings out more lyrics drenched in melancholy sadness, “Photographs and memories leave the biggest scars/Watching sunsets over the Vegas strip leaves the biggest hole inside my heart/And I promised not to love again/Won’t fall into that trap/As soon as the wings of my heart start fluttering/I’ll tear it all apart/Now I’m not looking back/No, not looking back.”

The instrumental combination continues to provide a musical tour-de-force as the band erupt into full blown Riot! Mode and that familiar combination of catchy lyrics and driving guitars combined with melodic tones and passionate vocals all point towards another classic Riot! In The Boulevard song, it feels like this song could become a set-closer for years to come and the chorus in particular is memorable and meaningful enough to remain in your memory long after the band have left the stage, “So, boycott love/Lets minimize that self-destruct/Just boycott love/And tear the final chapter from the book/If we boycott love tonight/Then maybe we’ll learn something new/If we boycott love/Maybe just maybe, we’ll make it through.”
And just to end things on a high they fire out their final offerings for the song, “So we will do the preaching tonight/If my congregation wants to gather round the stage/Hold your hands up to the sky/These are the chants that you need to say/So, boycott love, just boycott love/Woah-oh-woah/Boycott love.” which helps to further add to the thought that this could become a set list mainstay, it seems like Riot! Have picked up directly where they left off.

Lyrics;

“We will chant these words of scripture
Until they echo through the hearts of the lost and the lonesome
This is not another teenage mantra
Broken souls killed the kids that once were wholesome
Instead we’ll be scrawling our mantra of love and heartbreak on walls
Until the message come across
We’re always too blind to see what we’ve gained
But always aware of what we’ve lost
So, boycott love
Boycott love

They say love will fly away
To make room for something new
But what if we don’t want it to?
What if we don’t want it to?

Photographs and memories leave the biggest scars
Watching sunsets over the Vegas strip leaves the biggest hole inside my heart
And I promised not to love again
Won’t fall into that trap
As soon as the wings of my heart start fluttering
I’ll tear it all apart
Now I’m not looking back
No, not looking back

To make room for something new
But what if we don’t want it to?
What if we don’t want it to?

So, boycott love
Lets minimize that self-destruct
Just boycott love
And tear the final chapter from the book
If we boycott love tonight
Then maybe we’ll learn something new
If we boycott love
Maybe just maybe, we’ll make it through

So we will do the preaching tonight
If my congregation wants to gather round the stage
Hold your hands up to the sky
These are the chants that you need to say
So, boycott love, just boycott love
Woah-oh-woah
Boycott love”

SOUND ALIKE;

PANIC! AT THE DISCO - “THIS IS GOSPEL”

Edited by user 23 August 2015 23:25:18(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 9 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 24/08/2015(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 25/08/2015(UTC), Atonic Records on 26/08/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 29/08/2015(UTC), chaotic_princess on 31/08/2015(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 01/09/2015(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 05/09/2015(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 07/09/2015(UTC), Andre Gandra on 24/09/2015(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#5 Posted : 29 August 2015 18:25:26(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Track: # - 02
Title: “Las Vegas, NV”
Length: 3:57

The second song from “Boycott Love” begins with a powerful pop-punk opening guitar riff, filled with energy and the fast-paced delivery that you’ve come to expect from Riot! In The Boulevard. It’s accompanied by a marching band-esque drum delivery. You can hear the drum being struck in the background slowly at first and as the voice of Amy Meyer arrives, the pace of the drum beat increases to add a little more urgency to the song, creating a scene ready for the angsty and melancholic lyrics delivered emotively and passionately by Meyer, she bellows out the opening, ““Bright lights and city nights, shining down over the Vegas skyline/The noise echoes through the neighbourhood like the dreams as a child that were always mine/Those dreams were once enough to keep me alive/But tonight it seems like those big city dreams in my mind have all but died.” and it’s a familiar tone from Riot!, one we have come to expect over the years as they’ve grown from teenagers to adults in front of our very eyes.

The cavalcade of instrumental delivery is in full force on the latest track from their album during the second verse, the slow and booming drumming has been replaced by a rapid-fire delivery while the lead guitar and bass guitar combination is as fast both Adam Benjamin and Jason Greenberg can possibly go without getting dizzy, it creates the mood for the second verse which appears to centre around failed dreams, a questionable choice considering the success that the band have continued to have, but perhaps it’s a not-so-subtle shot at former members Justin and Nathan Mullen who abruptly left the band just after their previous studio album. The lyrics seem to indicate Amy’s own personal feelings on the matter as she sings out, “We said one day we’d take over the world together/But instead we just crumbled apart/They say the dreams we make as children never truly last forever/Now I’m just questioning where to start/And I wanna be a hero/With all my friends standing by my side/I wanna be a hero to the masses.”

And as we reach the songs chorus, we are truly in our early 2000’s pop-punk mode, you can picture the band jumping around the stage at this point in the song and as all the instrumental combination of Adam and Jason look set to continue we’re given a a surprise halt as it drops almost to a sudden stop. The sound of the bass droning over a soft leading guitar riff which sounds more like a breakdown sets up what is an unexpected emotional delivery from Amy Meyer during the chorus of the song, to switch from aggressive and angst-ridden to soft and thoughtful is a surprise move, but it’s saved by the passion as Amy sings with a crack in her voice, “So here we are right now/All of our dreams are washed up in Las Vegas/We wanna make it somewhere, somehow/We don’t ever wanna fake this/Here we are right now/Dreams washed up in Las Vegas/No matter how much we tried to get out of here/This will be the first place we ever made it.” which proves to have more emotion due to the fact that it didn’t feel forced.
Essentially the song is a tribute to the bands hometown and even the slight “intentional/unintentional” digs at their two former members came from a place of reality. The wounds may still be raw from the departures of former childhood friends and although perhaps not painting their hometown in the most positive light, it feels like there is part of the trio that are just trying to say in their own sort of way, this place is still home. The line in particular, “No matter how much we tried to get out of here/This will be the first place we ever made it.” seems to showcase their appreciation.

Lyrics;

“Bright lights and city nights, shining down over the Vegas skyline
The noise echoes through the neighbourhood like the dreams as a child that were always mine
Those dreams were once enough to keep me alive
But tonight it seems like those big city dreams in my mind have all but died
And I’m left with scattered paper on my apartment floor
Memories of friends that are just no more
And I’m pondering
What I’m left fighting for
Lying alone on the cold hard floor

We said one day we’d take over the world together
But instead we just crumbled apart
They say the dreams we make as children never truly last forever
Now I’m just questioning where to start
And I wanna be a hero
With all my friends standing by my side
I wanna be a hero to the masses
Not this haunted mess
Destined to hide

So here we are right now
All of our dreams are washed up in Las Vegas
We wanna make it somewhere, somehow
We don’t ever wanna fake this
Here we are right now
Dreams washed up in Las Vegas
No matter how much we tried to get out of here
This will be the first place we ever made it

These days, this City doesn’t look the same to me
Just haunted visions of failed reality
Everybody I ever knew were just trying to make it out of here
But something pulled them back
Something called fear
But we’ll stay strong and we’ll stand our ground
We’re gonna find a way outta here
With a familiar sound

We said one day we’d take over the world together
But instead we just crumbled apart
They say the dreams we make as children never truly last forever
Now I’m just questioning where to start
And I wanna be a hero
With all my friends standing by my side
I wanna be a hero to the masses
Not this haunted mess
Destined to hide

So here we are right now
All of our dreams are washed up in Las Vegas
We wanna make it somewhere, somehow
We don’t ever wanna fake this
Here we are right now
Dreams washed up in Las Vegas
No matter how much we tried to get out of here
This will be the first place we ever made it”

SOUND ALIKE;

A DAY TO REMEMBER - “ALL SIGNS POINT TO LAUDERDALE”

thanks 8 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
Welat65 on 29/08/2015(UTC), Atonic Records on 29/08/2015(UTC), chaotic_princess on 31/08/2015(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 01/09/2015(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 05/09/2015(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 07/09/2015(UTC), Andre Gandra on 24/09/2015(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 19/10/2015(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#6 Posted : 05 September 2015 05:08:38(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Track: # - 03
Title: “Here’s To The Kids ...”
Length: 4:19

For the third song from their latest album, we find the pop-punk trio going with a sombre angst-ridden approach with the track titled “Here’s to the Kids”. It begins with an opening rhythm guitar introduction which sets the slightly slower pace of the song and the general tone which is expected throughout the four minute track. The melodic guitar intro is met with the opening lyrics of the song, delivered by Amy Meyer with an air of maturity beyond her age as she sings softly, “Lights going down in this familiar old town/With the sound of the young desperately trying to get out/Everything changes in time they say/But we always promised we’d never end up that way.” she takes a a five second break before continuing, “So we sing with all of our heart/And we’ll raise our hands and we’ll march in the dark/Maybe we’ll call it a revolution and you’ll call it youthful rebellion.” which proves to be somewhat thought provoking from the band that exploded onto the scene as teenagers and have gone through periods of inner conflict. That final line appears to symbolize the fact that the band had a primarily teenage fanbase that believed in their message while older fans were harder to come by for Riot!, the line suggests that the band don’t believe an older audience bought into what the Vegas trio were all about and shrugged them off as a bunch of kids.

But as the first verse ends, we’re lead into a rapturous pre-chorus which is signalled by the inclusion of a drum and bass combination while Amy once again delivers lines that are based around the Riot! Mantra and teenage individuality, she delivers the lines like a Christian preacher, “Here’s to the kids standing on their own two feet/Standing our ground/We’ll march to our own beat/We are the renegades and wanderers/We’ll never fall apart/Blazing our own trail/We are the gypsy hearts.” which leads almost perfectly into a chorus that signifies the aim of the band from day one, “Call it reckless abandon if you will/They all say we’ve got a little too much time to kill/But we’re searching for stories and memories to hold onto forever/Here’s to the kids/Marching along together/Here’s to the kids/Marching together.”

And as the songs chorus comes to a close, the music once again softens slightly and the overall feeling is that of wistfulness and youthful dreams, Amy once again reminds her fans to live in the moment, to live in the here and now, which is something the band as a whole have put across in their music from the beginning, the theme of their previous album was based around youthful exuberance and embracing your youth while it’s still there. The soft instrumental delivery from Adam Benjamin on the rhythm guitar sets the scene for Amy’s delivery once more, “So lets take this time for being young/Spending endless nights under that setting sun/There’s time to worry when we’re old and we’re grey/Life is too precious to waste away/For we’re brought here to create memories/This is our destiny.” and their message has been well and truly hammered home, some may say that the band are continually rehashing old themes but their young and they’re singing about being young and trying to keep that youthful spark. There’s no doubt when they’re in their mid-thirties with families of their own, they will be writing songs about that stage of their life, but for now, they have a formula that appears to work.

LYRICS;

“Lights going down in this familiar old town
With the sound of the young desperately trying to get out
Everything changes in time they say
But we always promised we’d never end up that way
So we sing with all of our heart
And we’ll raise our hands and we’ll march in the dark
Maybe we’ll call it a revolution and you’ll call it youthful rebellion

Here’s to the kids standing on their own two feet
Standing our ground
We’ll march to our own beat
We are the renegades and wanderers
We’ll never fall apart
Blazing our own trail
We are the gypsy hearts

Call it reckless abandon if you will
They all say we’ve got a little too much time to kill
But we’re searching for stories and memories to hold onto forever
Here’s to the kids
Marching along together
Here’s to the kids
Marching together

So lets take this time for being young
Spending endless nights under that setting sun
There’s time to worry when we’re old and we’re grey
Life is too precious to waste away
For we’re brought here to create memories
This is our destiny

Here’s to the kids standing on their own two feet
Standing our ground
We’ll march to our own beat
We are the renegades and wanderers
We’ll never fall apart
Blazing our own trail
We are the gypsy hearts

Call it reckless abandon if you will
They all say we’ve got a little too much time to kill
But we’re searching for stories and memories to hold onto forever
Here’s to the kids
Marching along together
Here’s to the kids
Marching together”

SOUND ALIKE;

CHUNK! NO, CAPTAIN CHUNK! - “GET LOST, FIND YOURSELF”

thanks 9 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
erich hess on 05/09/2015(UTC), Atonic Records on 05/09/2015(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 05/09/2015(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 05/09/2015(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 07/09/2015(UTC), chaotic_princess on 07/09/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 12/09/2015(UTC), Andre Gandra on 24/09/2015(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 19/10/2015(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#7 Posted : 12 September 2015 03:12:51(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Track: # - 04
Title: “Revolt/Resist”
Length: 4:32

Track number four starts off in a very sombre mood, the sound of strings can be heard faintly behind the melodic keys of a piano. On first glance, “Revolt/Resist” feels like a continuation of the previous track “Here’s to the Kids ...” with it’s anthemic theme of youthful rebellion transitioning into the aftermath. A song about former friends now separated over time replaces the glorified call to arms of the former track. But nevertheless it feels like a bigger story is being told throughout the album and this song continues that theme onwards. With the beautiful tones of the piano keys playing straight into the opening verse and Amy’s honest lyrics, “The years we spent together seem to be worth nothing now/A former friend has turned to enemy/And it seems I’m just left here wondering how/You said a lot has changed since then/And people grow apart/But I still think back to the promises made/For both of us to never part.” and it’s clear for those that are looking for the digs and hints towards the unpleasant exit of both Justin and Nathan Mullen, this song has that in abundance. It makes for an interesting moment hearing Amy sings these lyrics, as it feels less like a song and more like somebody reading torn out pages from a diary. But nevertheless the lyrics say things very clearly.

As the second verse arrives we are met with a lead guitar and bass combination to add a little more urgency and fire into the heart of the song. Turning the sombre mood into more of an angry goodbye as Amy’s voice raises to louder levels and she bellows out, “Messes form inside open hearts/And things often end before they start/But they say the good things are what will remain/But I’m left feeling nothing but pain/And I hate to say goodbye/It’s just not for me/I hate to say goodbye/To someone that meant so much to me.” and you can’t help but feel like we’re seeing classic elements of Riot! In The Boulevard at work here, they’re writing songs directly about their life but making the lyrics open to be interpreted in a way that their young audience can relate them to their own life. It’s a tried and tested formula.

And as the music continues to power into life, we are suddenly hit with a stop as the guitars and piano come to halt. A couple of seconds of silence is then met with loud repetitive drum beats as Amy sings over them the songs chorus, “Revolt or resist/Is this all there is?/Revolt or resist/Is this all there is?/Revolt or resist/Is this all there is?.” it’s short and repetitive and catchy and it’s taken directly from the path used on the bands debut album, where the mentality was to just put as many catchy choruses in their songs as possible, it worked a treat back then and it seems to do the job here. It gives you a break from the emotional lyrics and gives you something that you can easily sing along to, even if you don’t know the song.
And as the chorus ends, we’re joined by the rhythm and bass guitar to set the scene for the final stages of the song and again the emotional side of the song appears once again, “It’s hard to walk away from someone/When you feel like there’s still something there/It’s hard to give up all you love/But you realize they just don’t seem to care/And they don’t talk to you any more/They don’t smile at you like they used to do/They don’t even remember your name/You only have yourself to blame.” and with that the song begins to fade out with the repetitive chorus once again.

LYRICS;

“The years we spent together seem to be worth nothing now
A former friend has turned to enemy
And it seems I’m just left here wondering how
You said a lot has changed since then
And people grow apart
But I still think back to the promises made
For both of us to never part

Messes form inside open hearts
And things often end before they start
But they say the good things are what will remain
But I’m left feeling nothing but pain
And I hate to say goodbye
It’s just not for me
I hate to say goodbye
To someone that meant so much to me

Revolt or resist
Is this all there is?
Revolt or resist
Is this all there is?
Revolt or resist
Is this all there is?

When you walked away, you left these wounds open
And there’s an empty space in my heart where you used to be
All of my soul is telling me to carry on
But it feels like what we once had has now all but gone

Revolt or resist
Is this all there is?
Revolt or resist
Is this all there is?
Revolt or resist
Is this all there is?

It’s hard to walk away from someone
When you feel like there’s still something there
It’s hard to give up all you love
But you realize they just don’t seem to care
And they don’t talk to you any more
They don’t smile at you like they used to do
They don’t even remember your name
You only have yourself to blame

Revolt or resist
Is this all there is?
Revolt or resist
Is this all there is?
Revolt or resist
Is this all there is?

Revolt or resist
Is this all there is?
Revolt or resist
Is this all there is?
Revolt or resist
Is this all there is?”

SOUND ALIKE;

FALL OUT BOY - “THE KIDS AREN’T ALRIGHT”

thanks 6 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
Welat65 on 12/09/2015(UTC), Atonic Records on 12/09/2015(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 22/09/2015(UTC), Andre Gandra on 24/09/2015(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 19/10/2015(UTC), chaotic_princess on 19/10/2015(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#8 Posted : 20 September 2015 02:59:28(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Track: # - 05
Title: “This Is A Hostile Takeover”
Length: 5:42

The song begins with a pounding drum beat provided by the bands session/touring drummer Billie Langdon and is followed by the combination of both bass guitar and lead electric guitar provided by Jason Greenberg and Adam Benjamin respectively, this gives the song a dramatic feelings as all three major instruments are heard very early on in the songs opening, as we reach the thirteen second mark we hear the voice of Amy Meyer and her familiar energetic rock vocals as she delivers the opening lyrics, “We aren’t the gutter punk kids of this corporate generation/We’re the poet laureates of the young-blood nation/We’ll give you the songs to sing to/Ones that you can believe in/We’ll give you the songs that you can sing to/To save this young-blood nation/Save this young-blood nation.” which is heard over the pop-punk backdrop provided by her band mates, the instrumental delivery showcasing Amy’s voice perfectly to close out the opening verse of the bands comeback song.

As the first verse ends, the band unexpectedly jump ahead to the chorus rather swiftly, the dominance of lead guitar and drums feature heavily during the songs chorus as Amy sings against the backdrop “This is not a call to arms, this is a hostile takeover/This is not a call to arms, this is a hostile takeover/This is not a call to arms, this is a hostile takeover/Did you really think we’d be gone for long?/Guess what ... the breaks over!.”
Amy shows her front woman credentials as she bellows out the lyrics with passion, which helps to give the song an anthemic feel to it, once again helped by the instrumental performance from her cohorts. The verse after the chorus is catchy and energetic and one that could no doubt become a high point of live shows, there’s interesting imagery used in the songs lyrics as Amy once again sings, “Put your weapons on the ground/Place your hands into the air/There’s no use in fighting for the lost and lonely/We’re sorry that we weren’t there.” which sees the band using rhyme to their advantage as they have done so successfully in the past, but it’s the reference of the fact that the band took time off which is really worth noting with the lines, “We’re sorry that we weren’t there/But we’re back now/We don’t need the throne/We know where we came from/It feels good to be back home.” which not only sees the band sort of give an apology for the brief time they spent apart but also sees them emphasizing the fact that they have not forgotten their roots or became too big for their audiences.

The following verse sees the pace of the music slower briefly as we reach the ‘breakdown’ of the song, the vocals from Amy are wistful and emotive to go with the lyrics of the bands own strength and humility, she sings out, “See, we crafted psalms in the pop-punk playbook/But we’re re-writing our own history now/We’re the epitome of never giving up against the odds/And I guess this is our sacred vow/We’re swinging for the fences/Aiming for those stars in the sky/Home-runs and touchdowns/Glory only ever comes to those who try.” and it feels refreshing to hear positive lyrics, those words have a more meaningful effect when they’re coming from a group of friends who not only made it but set the bar along the way.
With the close of that final verse, the music picks up again and we’re treated to Riot! At their pop-punk best, rapid-fire guitar riffs and a drumming delivery that encourages you to move your body to the beat, the repetitive lyrics and delivery from Amy Meyer close out the song and deliver on the intention of letting everybody know that Riot! Are most definitely back.

LYRICS;

“We aren’t the gutter punk kids of this corporate generation
We’re the poet laureates of the young-blood nation
We’ll give you the songs to sing to
Ones that you can believe in
We’ll give you the songs that you can sing to
To save this young-blood nation
Save this young-blood nation

This is not a call to arms, this is a hostile takeover
Did you really think we’d be gone for long?
Guess what ... the breaks over!

Put your weapons on the ground
Place your hands into the air
There’s no use in fighting for the lost and lonely
We’re sorry that we weren’t there
But we’re back now
We don’t need the throne
We know where we came from
It feels good to be back home

See, we crafted psalms in the pop-punk playbook
But we’re re-writing our own history now
We’re the epitome of never giving up against the odds
And I guess this is our sacred vow
We’re swinging for the fences
Aiming for those stars in the sky
Home-runs and touchdowns
Glory only ever comes to those who try

We aren’t the gutter punk kids of this corporate generation

Guess what ... the breaks over!”

SOUND ALIKE;

FALL OUT BOY - “THIS AIN’T A SCENE, IT’S AN ARMS RACE”

thanks 8 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
Welat65 on 20/09/2015(UTC), erich hess on 20/09/2015(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 22/09/2015(UTC), Andre Gandra on 24/09/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 28/09/2015(UTC), Atonic Records on 28/09/2015(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 19/10/2015(UTC), chaotic_princess on 19/10/2015(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#9 Posted : 28 September 2015 00:42:56(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Track: # - 06
Title: “First Class Saints”
Length: 4:02

A soft piano introduction signals the beginning of the sixth track from ‘Boycott Love’, the tender approach to the beginning of the song works wonders for the songs overall theme. As Amy sings over the piano background, she sings out the opening verse, “Maybe this was all just a game to you/But this is life and death and everything above to the fragile hearts that believe in true love/And you just build people up, only to knock them right back down/You’ll take a match and strike it fast/And watch everything you claim to love burn right to the ground/And you’ll be smiling through the flames/Watching memories turn to dust/And we’ll still be fighting through all this pain/In love and faith we trust/Love, faith and trust.” and it feels very true. Some have already said that this is shaping up to be Riot!’s most honest work to date and it certainly feels that way on this track in particular.

And the faint sound of the drums and guitars are heard as we hit the chorus rather early into the song, Amy sings again, “We are the first class saints/Picking up the pieces/Mending broken hearts one by one/This is where we belong/We are the first class saints/Picking up the pieces/Mending broken hearts one by one/I guarantee you’ll miss this/When it’s all gone.” and it certainly feels like this is perhaps another shot at former band mates Justin and Nathan, in particular the final line of the chorus, “I guarantee you’ll miss this, when it’s all gone.” it seems to ring true to Amy’s passion for the band and what they stand for and look to achieve for their insanely dedicated fanbase, although it may be a shot at those former band members, this track could also be seen as a track for the fans, perhaps it’s the band saying to their audience that they feel just as disappoint in those former members.

It certainly feels even more evident in the next verse too, as Amy again sings over the piano and guitar backdrop, “See, don’t you remember how it felt/When you had the world at your fingers and the stars all in reach/Now you’re just left with nothing but those shallow and empty words that you preach/When you look out over Vegas, tell me what do you see/Just those neon lights reminding you of all that you could have been/Well maybe you’ve learnt not to throw stones/But it’s too late now you’re alone.” which seems like the most direct lyrics aimed at the brothers, it’s clear that there is still some anger deep inside and rightly so and with another chorus we hit the final verse and it’s one that seems to be based around the feeling of letting go.
Amy sings once more, “So remember when you run away/Please take the knife from my back soft and slow/Because we’re all done carrying the weight of the love that we once used to know/The love that we once used to know/And perhaps we’ll go our separate ways, never to see each others face/But the day that we meet again/When our eyes reconnect with you/I know we’ll be able to hold our head up high/But is that something you think that you can really do.” and with that final shot, we hear the pre-chorus for one final time, before the song fades out.

Lyrics;

“Maybe this was all just a game to you
But this is life and death and everything above to the fragile hearts that believe in true love
And you just build people up, only to knock them right back down
You’ll take a match and strike it fast
And watch everything you claim to love burn right to the ground
And you’ll be smiling through the flames
Watching memories turn to dust
And we’ll still be fighting through all this pain
In love and faith we trust
Love, faith and trust

We are the first class saints
Picking up the pieces
Mending broken hearts one by one
This is where we belong
Picking up the pieces
I guarantee you’ll miss this
When it’s all gone

See, don’t you remember how it felt
When you had the world at your fingers and the stars all in reach
Now you’re just left with nothing but those shallow and empty words that you preach
When you look out over Vegas, tell me what do you see
Just those neon lights reminding you of all that you could have been
Well maybe you’ve learnt not to throw stones
But it’s too late now you’re alone

We all are inside
We’ll keep fighting to the very end
In love, faith, trust and pride
Woah oh-oh-oh
In love, faith, trust and pride

So remember when you run away
Please take the knife from my back soft and slow
Because we’re all done carrying the weight of the love that we once used to know
The love that we once used to know
And perhaps we’ll go our separate ways, never to see each others face
But the day that we meet again
When our eyes reconnect with you
I know we’ll be able to hold our head up high
But is that something you think that you can really do

Picking up the pieces
This is where we belong
Picking up the pieces
I guarantee you’ll miss this
When it’s all gone”

SOUND ALIKE;

PVRIS - “HOLY”

thanks 7 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
JohnnyBBB on 28/09/2015(UTC), Atonic Records on 28/09/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 30/09/2015(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 03/10/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 06/10/2015(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 19/10/2015(UTC), chaotic_princess on 19/10/2015(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#10 Posted : 06 October 2015 00:14:55(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Track: # - 07
Title: “When We Were Believers”
Length: 4:39

The pace changes drastically for the pop-punk trio as we arrive at track number seven from “Boycott Love”. In a dramatic change of pace, we hear the soft twang of an acoustic guitar being played by rhythm guitarist Adam Benjamin and the tones of Amy’s voice is lowered to a soft melancholic almost whisper as she begins singing, “How can they claim, that we’re fighting a losing battle?/That we’re swimming against the tides/And instead of swinging for the fences, we’re just clinging on for our dear lives/And when the friction starts to show, they think they can explain it/And when the blood begins to draw/All they can do is blame it/And we’re going down, down, down/Just as quickly as we rose/Soon they’ll burn us to the ground, ground, ground/Now that they’ve uncovered each of our flaws.” and it feels like this is a very self inflicted attack on the band, it feels like this is a song that could have been written prior to the announcement that the band were going to take a break as she sings about trying to hold on to something that is seemingly moving further and further away from their grip.

The acoustic tones continue as we arrive at the second verse and the self-inflicting wound theme continues, “It seems like we can have our name scratched from the history books/With just a couple of choice words and some sharp looks/Well the kids have gotten older/And they don’t wanna play/I guess they’ve grown up somewhere along the way/They no longer cling to every word we say/And we have nothing left to give/We have nothing left to prove/It’s a battle that we only have to lose.” again it feels rather biographical as Amy questions whether the same people that were listening to the band in the past will still listen to them in the present or possibly the future. It makes for an interesting thought, to think that this song was written before they made their comeback and Amy and the guys perhaps had this fear that the fans wouldn’t be as interested the second time around as they’ve gotten older.

The acoustic guitar tones begin moving a bit faster as we reach the chorus and Amy sings the repetitive lyrics almost as a call to arms to the fans that they were fearing they may have lost in the downtime, “Oh, oh, oh (shout it loud)/Looks like we’re falling apart at the seams/Oh, oh, oh (sing it proud)/Guess we’re clinging on to our dreams/But I believe that all the hope we had can’t have just gone/We were believers together/It’s where we belong.” which continues with a pre-chorus, “Remember when we were believers/When we had the world waiting/Remember when we were the believers/The voices of a generation/And moments like that don’t just fade from view/This is our battle cry/And we’re calling out to every one of you.” before the songs softly fades out.

LYRICS;

“How can they claim, that we’re fighting a losing battle?
That we’re swimming against the tides
And instead of swinging for the fences, we’re just clinging on for our dear lives
And when the friction starts to show, they think they can explain it
And when the blood begins to draw
All they can do is blame it
And we’re going down, down, down
Just as quickly as we rose
Soon they’ll burn us to the ground, ground, ground
Now that they’ve uncovered each of our flaws

It seems like we can have our name scratched from the history books
With just a couple of choice words and some sharp looks
Well the kids have gotten older
And they don’t wanna play
I guess they’ve grown up somewhere along the way
They no longer cling to every word we say
And we have nothing left to give
We have nothing left to prove
It’s a battle that we only have to lose

Oh, oh, oh (shout it loud)
Looks like we’re falling apart at the seams
Oh, oh, oh (sing it proud)
Guess we’re clinging on to our dreams
But I believe that all the hope we had can’t have just gone
We were believers together
It’s where we belong

Remember when we were believers
When we had the world waiting
Remember when we were the believers
The voices of a generation
And moments like that don’t just fade from view
This is our battle cry
And we’re calling out to every one of you

Oh, oh, oh (shout it loud)
Looks like we’re falling apart at the seams
Oh, oh, oh (sing it proud)
Guess we’re clinging on to our dreams
But I believe that all the hope we had can’t have just gone
We were believers together
It’s where we belong”

SOUND ALIKE;

PARAMORE - IN THE MOURNING

Welat65 on 06/10/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 06/10/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 06/10/2015(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 19/10/2015(UTC), chaotic_princess on 19/10/2015(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 23/10/2015(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#11 Posted : 18 October 2015 21:13:19(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Track: # - 08
Title: “We Aren’t Lost, Just Misguided Slightly”
Length: 3:57

LYRICS

“Tired of living in a town
Where all the lights are bright and they shine for the pretty
But tonight we’re gonna head out to the city
Where they let love blossom and dreams shine through
Not just for the beautiful and rich
But for the alternatives, the screw-ups, people just like me and you
It’s our only hope

We aren’t lost
We’re just misguided slightly
Looking for the answers
Day and nightly
Fighting our way to the front of the crowd
Just get a glimpse of hero’s
That make us feel proud
And we wonder
We dream
That it’ll be us up there someday
And the kids will listen to every word I say

But the famous and wise
They say be careful what you wish for
Because you might work your whole life to get it
To realize that it’s a real war
And that growing up in the spotlight
Is not all that it seems though
It can cut you apart at your very seams
Take away
Your youthful dreams

We aren’t lost
Looking for the answers
Day and nightly
Fighting our way to the front of the crowd
Just get a glimpse of our hero’s
That make us feel proud
And we wonder
We dream
That it’ll be us up there someday
And the kids will listen to every word I say

Yeah, but we aren’t lost
Looking for the answers
Day and nightly”
JohnnyBBB on 18/10/2015(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 19/10/2015(UTC), chaotic_princess on 19/10/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 19/10/2015(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 23/10/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 25/10/2015(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#12 Posted : 18 October 2015 22:39:46(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Track: # - 09
Title: “Where Did All The Heroes Go?”
Length: 2:41

LYRICS

“At twenty-one years we think we know it
At thirty-one years we still don’t know
At twenty-seven years they’ll die a legend
Where did all the heroes go?

At twenty-one years we think we know it

Where did all the heroes go?”
thanks 5 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
Princess_Valentine on 19/10/2015(UTC), chaotic_princess on 19/10/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 19/10/2015(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 23/10/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 25/10/2015(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#13 Posted : 18 October 2015 22:41:30(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Track: # - 10
Title: “Bury The Hatchet”
Length: 4:58

LYRICS

“You’re a victim of your own success
Thought you were the one sitting behind the wheel
What once was a heart so pure and true
Has forgotten how to feel
And now where are you tonight?
Did everything work out according to plan?
I tried to fix the mess you caused
I offered you a helping hand
Yeah, I offered you a helping hand

They say that everybody leaves
But sometimes it gets better

They say we must bury the hatchet
Put an end to this pointless war
Get things back to how they were before
But I feel like I’ve done all that I possibly can
But it looks like jealousy has broken an honest man

So with all of that being said
I don’t think I should be carrying this weight
I’m just a girl with a heart full of dreams
That wanted to show the world that five misfits could someday be great
And I’ve tried and tried and tried and tried
To put the pieces back together
But we’ve had to mould a new shape
With the pieces that are left

Put an end to this pointless war
Get things back to how they were before
But I feel like I’ve done all that I possibly can
But it looks like jealousy has broken an honest man"
Princess_Valentine on 19/10/2015(UTC), chaotic_princess on 19/10/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 19/10/2015(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 23/10/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 25/10/2015(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#14 Posted : 18 October 2015 22:42:22(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Track: # - 11
Title: “Poster Kids Of Pop-Punk”
Length: 5:19

LYRICS

“Somebody once told me
That I wouldn’t amount to nothin’
Yeah, they always told me to give up while I’m still young
They say the kids don’t listen to music anymore
But my stubbornness sent me away
Told everybody I’m gonna make it on my own
Staring out at the empty skyline
In my apartment all alone
Dreaming of winning
I kept on singing

They say I need to write a song
That the kids could dance to
Doesn’t matter what it’s about
Cause they’ll never listen to the words
Just a melody and a beat for the kids on the street
A melody and beat
For the kids on the street

But I’m a kid myself
Just looking for something to believe in
Looking for a song with a meaning, a song that I can sing
And I believe that if we sing it loud
That we’ll feel like we’re part of a crowd
That’s all in this together
Street youth forever

They call us the poster kids of pop-punk
The puppeteers of this scene
Teaching the heartbroken youth how to dream
And understand that we’re more than just the image they show
So let’s put our voices together
Sing in unison like a choir
Let’s ignite each other with love and desire

A melody and beat
We’ll provide the melody and beat
A melody and beat

We can be so much more
Than the image that they always show
The majority stand with pride
While all the scene kids come together
They collide
And set the sky on fire
Vagabond hearts
Vow to stay young forever

They call us the poster kids of pop-punk
The puppeteers of this scene
Teaching the heartbroken youth how to dream
And understand that we’re more than just the image they show
So let’s put our voices together
Sing in unison like a choir
Let’s ignite each other with love and desire

A melody and beat
We’ll provide the melody and beat
A melody and beat
For the kids on the street”
Offline C4AJoh  
#15 Posted : 18 October 2015 22:43:19(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Track: # - 12
Title: “It’s True What They Said, Romance Is Dead”
Length: 4:41

LYRICS

“They warned you that maybe there’s more than meets the eye
Don’t fall for the girl that writes of wounds and lies
Cause maybe you’ll find yourself tangled inside my web like all of the other victims along the way
And maybe you’ll hear my voice echo inside your head
With all of the sharp little words that I say
Just let them echo inside your head
Every word I’ve ever said

I’m going down in a spiral
And I wish that I could take you with me
But apparently absence makes the heart grow fonder
So stay away from me a little longer

Maybe it’s true what they said
Romance is dead
Don’t bring me flowers
I’d rather have a gun to the head
Romance is dead
Don’t bring me flowers

Perhaps it’s true
I don’t have a heart like the others
I’ve had my share of pain enough times to know when to find shelter from the rain
And now I’ve become cynical, hollow and filled with regret
I’m only reminded of love and faith from that cross hanging from my neck
And although my wrists may not be clean and my eyes may not be dry
The scars deep inside my heart are the ones that I’ll always hide
Because I know I have been burnt one time too many
I’ve had enough of holding onto a memory

Romance is dead
Don’t bring me flowers
Romance is dead
Don’t bring me flowers
I’d rather have a gun to the head”
Offline C4AJoh  
#16 Posted : 18 October 2015 22:44:05(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Track: # - 13
Title: “Bury Me In Memory”
Length: 3:48

LYRICS

“Gimme a second to take all of this in
Everything happened so fast, I dunno where to begin
Like a rolling thunder, we tumbled and crashed
A love like ours
Was never really meant to last

We will take our memories
We will bury these
Six feet deep
Underground
Listen to the heartbeat
Because it’s more than just a sound

Put your hands up, only if you feel too much
Just put your hands up, only if you feel too much
And throw it all away
Don’t let it come back to me
I’d rather not feel that love again
I’d rather you just bury me
Bury me in memory

I know that we were one of the same
But they say opposites attract
So maybe that’s why this love burnt out
Maybe it’s why it didn’t last
And I’m left crying tears on a pillow
And you’re long gone
Somewhere I’ll never know
And I’m lost again
Without hope of a resurrection
I’m lost and alone
Without direction

We will take our memories
We will bury these
Six feet deep
Underground
Listen to the heartbeat
Because it’s more than just a sound

Put your hands up, only if you feel too much
Just put your hands up, only if you feel too much
And throw it all away
Don’t let it come back to me
I’d rather not feel that love again
I’d rather you just bury me
Bury me in memory”

Edited by user 20 October 2015 04:11:14(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline C4AJoh  
#17 Posted : 18 October 2015 22:44:53(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Track: # - 14
Title: “With Clear Eyes and Full Hearts”
Length: 5:03

LYRICS

“There comes a time when the dark clouds need to pass
Tired of always seeing the pain
And realizing that the good times just don’t last
And we have to fight to regain a sense of who we are and where we are going
But in this life it seems there is no way of knowing
I’m just clinging on
And you’re just clinging on
For dear life

But I think we need a change to come
To learn that not everything is a pain that we just can’t numb
And we are stronger than we think
We’re warriors and we’re on the brink
And this is our time now
Let us make a change somehow

So here we are now
With clear eyes and full hearts
Here we are now
Here we are now

It’s time to start feeling better
The past is the past and it’s out of control
Put on a smile and put on a show
Wipe those tears from your eyes now
And let your heart get wild now

So here we are now
Here we are now
Here we are now

So here we are now
Here we are now
Here we are now

So here we are now
Here we are now
Here we are now
With clear eyes and full hearts”
Offline C4AJoh  
#18 Posted : 18 October 2015 22:45:58(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Track: # - 15
Title: “This Is A Hostile Takeover (feat. Drew Westbrook)
Genres: Alternative Rock, Pop-Punk, Rap
Length: 6:48

LYRICS

“We aren’t the gutter punk kids of this corporate generation

Put your weapons on the ground
Place your hands into the air
There’s no use in fighting for the lost and lonely
We’re sorry that we weren’t there
But we’re back now
We don’t need the throne
We know where we came from
It feels good to be back home

Look I was tryna be nice to yall, tried to make good music, give life to yall
Tried to keep my mouth shut so I didn't bite off the little bit of pride inside of yall
Tried to please the GP, drop a lil something for all of yall but that shit yall talk is distasteful, every single on of yall is ungrateful
Over here claiming you the king of the apes but the way you let these females run you is disgraceful
Too busy dickriding the next fool, I'm not surprised you got a mouth full
Ignorance attracts, all I can do is witness the gravity pull
Tell them lil bitches in your fanbase to stop @'ing me, yo why they mad at me?
Is it because they know based on the fact that I won, you probably wouldn't have lasted a round on Starfactory?
Spend just one round in the ring with me, watch how fast it becomes the lion's den
I may scrap half of my shit, but the rhymes I write stay penned in
Can I get to stoning these mothafuckas now?
All my ducks on death row, this fool is just getting out
I [i]am the concept of time, I can't with you just figuring this out!
Cause that's all this is, the notion to run an empire that'll never be yours
Even the kid yall let stand-in for me can't handle all of his chores
Looks like I'm the old dirty bastard and yall are the ones on all fours
Shit, I'm the one with the gun, yall are still talking, "Four score..."
Sonnet 87 bitch, this rap game is too good for you, I'm getting rid of you
Got ahead of myself trying to make amends with you
Why do I see a little boy inside of you every time you claim to be a grown ass man?
I bet you're cringing up now, bitches hate when the dealers raise their hands
Got my Quarter Notes together and the wait's over
Gave all you fool's a chance, now for my takeover

See, we crafted psalms in the pop-punk playbook
But we’re re-writing our own history now
We’re the epitome of never giving up against the odds
And I guess this is our sacred vow
We’re swinging for the fences
Aiming for those stars in the sky
Home-runs and touchdowns
Glory only ever comes to those who try

We aren’t the gutter punk kids of this corporate generation

Guess what ... the breaks over!”
Offline C4AJoh  
#19 Posted : 18 October 2015 22:46:53(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Track: # - 16
Title: “To Write Love On Her Arms”
Length: 6:29

It becomes instantly clear that Riot! In The Boulevards latest release is a a quintessential Riot! track, drenched in all the familiar elements of the bands pop-punk roots with rapid-fire drum beats and a rhythmic bass delivery only just matched by a raucous and instantly recognizable lead guitar riff. The opening to the song begins with a solid bass-line intro and is quickly accompanied by repetitive drum beats, quickly followed by an opening lead guitar riff that reminds you of American Idiot-era Green Day. Within the first 15 seconds of the track you can feel that it’s going to be a traditionally powerful Riot! track and we are proven right as soon as Amy delivers the emotive opening lines to the song which instantly offers a feeling of positivity, “Hope is real, help is real, your story is important/Yeah, hope is real, help is real, your story is important” which are taken from one of the charity organisations mantra’s.
But the band begin to deliver their own version of that message with their very own penned manifesto as Amy sings passionately, “Even when it feels like nobodies listening, know that we will always have a voice/When you feel like there’s no other option/Know that you still have a choice/That things can be better/Faith is real/You’re not alone in this/Sadness is something we all feel.” and those words strike to as you can’t help but believe that Amy is singing from experience, singing from the heart.

The pace of the music picks up with a traditionally catchy Riot! pre-chorus as Amy bellows out with the backing of her cohorts, Adam Benjamin and Jason Greenberg, “Wake up because you’re alive/We are on your side, we are on your side/Wake up because you’re alive/We are on your side, we are on your side.” and you can’t help but imagine audiences of teenagers singing those lyrics passionately back to the band, letting them know that they want to fight through their struggle which is one of the reasons why this band seems like a perfect fit to deliver a song of this nature, a band that have recently gone through a tricky situation and seemingly came through it, just as strong as they have ever been. Not to mention personal circumstance like losing a parent or going through depression at young ages, it works because of the audience that the charity is generally seen to be helping and it feels like Riot! are the face of strength and positivity despite struggle and conflict and sadness.

As the guitar and drum combination build up to a moment of anticipation, they quickly crash down and revert back to a slightly slower breakdown which leads to the songs moment of reflection and emotion as the music softens for the seconds verse and leads way for Amy to allow her voice to dominate with the following, “When our hearts are heavy and light at the same time/We laugh and scream and sing and cry/Show every range of your emotions, wear that heart upon your sleeve tonight/Because nobody deserves to go through pain and sadness alone/Raise your voice, let it be known.” and the music begins to build up once again, the bass and drums combining to add a dramatic build effect as Amy fires out the following lyrics, “Maybe somebody will take the time to listen/Sometimes that’s just all that you need/If we help each other on this mission/Maybe someday we’ll succeed.”
And the music comes crashing down from the crescendo once more and once again is fast-paced and full of energy as that catchy pre-chorus arrives once more, but this time it’s emphasised by the songs chorus, as Amy delivers the lines, “To write love on her arms/We are not alone/Please don’t silence the truth/Someday we will find our path back home.” which repeats.
The music continues in a similarly fast-paced progression and the pre-chours/chorus combination dominates until fade.

LYRICS

“Hope is real, help is real, your story is important
Yeah, hope is real, help is real, your story is important
Even when it feels like nobodies listening, know that we will always have a voice
When you feel like there’s no other option
Know that you still have a choice
That things can be better
Faith is real
You’re not alone in this
Sadness is something we all feel

Wake up because you’re alive
We are on your side, we are on your side

When our hearts are heavy and light at the same time
We laugh and scream and sing and cry
Show every range of your emotions, wear that heart upon your sleeve tonight
Because nobody deserves to go through pain and sadness alone
Raise your voice, let it be known
And maybe somebody will take the time to listen
Sometimes that’s just all that you need
If we help each other on this mission
Maybe someday we’ll succeed

To write love on her arms
We are not alone
Please don’t silence the truth
Someday we will find our path back home
We are not alone

Break the silence, scream if you need to
Make sure that your voice is heard
Never suffer in the silence
Make use of every second, every single word
Because no matter how loud the voices in your head are sounding
They’ll never be louder that the beat of your heart pounding
Break the silence
Scream if you need to
Make sure your voice is heard
Make use of every second
Every single little word

We are not alone
We are not alone

We are on your side, we are on your side”
Offline C4AJoh  
#20 Posted : 18 October 2015 22:47:34(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Track: # - 17
Title: “The Saviour They All Think I Am”
Length: 4:32

The song opens up with a melodic piano introduction and is quickly accompanied by the soft emotive tones of the voice of Amy Meyer, it feels slow and sombre to begin with and sets the mood during the first verse as the female vocalist delivers the lyrics of the opening verse in her unmistakable voice, “Some people were born to love, others born to fight/Maybe some were born to be heroes while others were born to be saved/I can’t figure out which path I’m on but I don’t think I have a choice/I’ve been chosen to be the one, it’s time to find my voice/Time is running down and they’re all looking at me to be their saviour/I’ve got the weight of a city upon my shoulders”. She sings with passion and as the first verse comes towards the end, the energy suddenly picks up with the introduction of lead guitar, bass guitar and drums as they combine to provide the fire-power to the song as Amy now raises her voice and shows real passion in her vocal delivery of the opening verse’s final lyrics, “Maybe I can make this right/I’m feeling a little out of my comfort zone/But I’ve just got to fight!/Fight!/To fight!/To fight! To Fight!.”

Now as the second verse arrives and the true mood of the song has been set, the additional instrumental delivery from both Adam Benjamin and Jason Greenberg have changed what seemed to begin as a soft ballad has evolved into an anthemic rock track and Amy once more shows the very range of her vocal ability, delivering her next lines with such energy and passion, it feels as though she truly believes in what she is singing as she bellows out lyrics drenched in religious imagery, perhaps her Christian upbringing is being channelled in this track as she sings, “I’ll wear this cross close to my chest and I’ll do what I can/I’ll try to be the saviour that they all think I am/And I’ll fight with my soul/I’ll do what I can/For every child, woman and man/I’ll hold this cross close to my heart and I’ll do what I can/I’ll try to be the saviour that they all think I am.”
The end of the second verse is complemented with a back and forth between Amy’s vocal and the lead guitar provided by Adam Benjamin with a repetitive delivery of the lyrics, “Fight! Fight! Fight!/Woah-oh-woah-oh-woah.” and a brief opportunity for the instruments to get a bit of spotlight as the lead guitar and drums lead us into the next verse.

The song slows a little as we can hear the soft tones of the piano keys, still highlighted by the guitar and drums combination, the song finds a balance between ballad and rock track and Amy dominates vocally once again, “They all need a saviour and they’re looking at me/To be the one to bring them the gospel of a brand new century/But I’m just a normal kid, unaware of destiny’s/I’m just a normal kid, is this really what I’m meant to be?/Suddenly I must find my place/Somewhere among the pantheons of greats/I may be scared/But I must be brave.” and as that verse comes to a close we’re treated to the songs pre-chorus and second verse lyrics repeat to the fade-out. It seems like the band have been clever related the Evangelion movies theme into their own evolution and status as a band, in particular that final verse where Amy sings about being a normal kid, but having people look to follow her. It’s a nice way to end the song and wrap up the connection between movie and music.

LYRICS

“Some people were born to love, others born to fight
Maybe some were born to be heroes while others were born to be saved
I can’t figure out which path I’m on but I don’t think I have a choice
I’ve been chosen to be the one, it’s time to find my voice
Time is running down and they’re all looking at me to be their saviour
I’ve got the weight of a city upon my shoulders
Maybe I can make this right
I’m feeling a little out of my comfort zone
But I’ve just got to fight!
Fight!
To fight!
To fight! To Fight!

I’ll wear this cross close to my chest and I’ll do what I can
I’ll try to be the saviour that they all think I am
And I’ll fight with my soul
I’ll do what I can
For every child, woman and man
I’ll hold this cross close to my heart and I’ll do what I can

Fight! Fight! Fight!
Woah-oh-woah-oh-woah
Fight! Fight! Fight!
Woah-oh-woah-oh-woah
Fight! Fight! Fight!

They all need a saviour and they’re looking at me
To be the one to bring them the gospel of a brand new century
But I’m just a normal kid, unaware of destiny’s
I’m just a normal kid, is this really what I’m meant to be?
Suddenly I must find my place
Somewhere among the pantheons of greats
I may be scared
But I must be brave

Fight! Fight! Fight!
Woah-oh-woah-oh-woah
Fight! Fight! Fight!
Woah-oh-woah-oh-woah
Fight! Fight! Fight!

I’ll do what I can

I’ll do what I can
I’ll try to be the saviour that they all think I am”