logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages«<234
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline C4AJoh  
#61 Posted : 31 January 2017 00:18:57(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8533 time(s) in 2672 post(s)
Title: “Swinging for the Fences”
Date: January 30, 2017

They say the strongest people are not those who show strength in front of us, but those who win battles we know nothing about. There is more to us than the faces that we choose to show and sometimes you just have to realize that maybe there's more to a certain situation, or moment, or place or feeling. Simply put, there is more than the eye can see and buried deep down inside of us are feelings and vulnerabilities that we just aren't ready for the whole world to view upon and judge so harshly and ignorantly. Now, I can't speak for the wider world and I can only speak from my own experiences with our own fans and I have to say that I truly appreciate and love that you guys seemingly put it all out there for us, every emotion you can possibly have, every feeling you can possibly feel and it makes me feel so proud to be a part of that in some way but it also hurts me deeply to read stories of struggles, young men and women struggling with depression before their life has even had a chance to begin. Young girls and boys struggling with disorders that they never expected or deserve to have to deal with. Young men and women all around the world afraid to be who they are for fear of judgement. This is 2017 and we should not be living in a world still littered with prejudices and judgement and hatred and ridicule, we should be living in a world where we lift each other up not bring them down, in a world where we fight for what we believe in and what we want and we don't give up until we have achieved all that we hoped.

Believe me when I say this, my strength comes from the love of our fanbase. Before this all started, I was one of you guys and girls struggling with my adolescent troubles and those that know better out there, please don't brush them off as just teenage emotions. What we feel, is very real from the very moment we are born. What you feel is real, no matter what anybody tells you. You have a right to feel the way that you do, but you also have the strength to become everything you hope to be. I read the message boards and timelines and believe, you're more than just a username and hashtag to me.

UserPostedImage

Swinging for the Fences - Brand New Single - February 4, 2017

“Everything they throw at me
I send it straight back
Everything they aim at me
I’m prepared for their attack
Cause, everything they throw at me
I send it straight back
And everything they aim at me
I’m prepared for their attack

So, if you were swinging for the fences
What would you do?
When all of your wildest dreams come true”

Edited by user 31 January 2017 00:27:55(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 7 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
Atonic Records on 31/01/2017(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 31/01/2017(UTC), freestylechamp on 31/01/2017(UTC), BrownSugar on 31/01/2017(UTC), kandii on 31/01/2017(UTC), erich hess on 31/01/2017(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 02/05/2017(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#62 Posted : 02 May 2017 03:45:02(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Title: “Coming Soon"
Date: May 01, 2017

UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage

• Self-Titled [2011]
• Cradle to the Grave [2012]
• Live from Field Trip Festival [2012]
• Crossroads [2012]
• Wild Young Things [2013]
• Boycott Love [2015]

... what's next?!

Edited by user 03 May 2017 03:43:43(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 3 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 02/05/2017(UTC), erich hess on 02/05/2017(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 02/05/2017(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#63 Posted : 02 May 2017 04:33:52(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Title: “Young Cardinals"
Date: May 01, 2017

UserPostedImage

1. ??
2. “Swinging for the Fences” (4:02)
3. ??
4. “Asylum” (4:12)
5. ??
6. ??
7. ??
8. ??
9. ??
10. ??
11. ??
12. ??
13. ??
14. ??
15. ??
16. ??
17. ??
18. “Pop Culture x Hungry Vulture” (3:58)
19. ??
20. ??
21. ??
22. ??
thanks 4 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 02/05/2017(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 02/05/2017(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 02/05/2017(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 03/05/2017(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#64 Posted : 11 June 2017 21:23:31(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Title: “Comeback Kids”
Date: June 11, 2017

“In this crazy industry that we're a part of it's often so easy to just keep on going. In fact a lot of us are definitely encouraged to just keep on going. I'm one of those people, but recently it has occurred to me that maybe that's not the best way to do this. As a musician you are creating a legacy and I think it's important for you to occasionally take a step back and look at what you have done and what you have achieved and take that time to appreciate it and enjoy the fruits of your labour. Take time off for a few months and I'm certain you will find a greater appreciation for what you've done. We've been in this industry for seven years and it's only now that I've started to pay attention to our history as a band and what we've achieved and this song is essentially that feeling written to the soft backbeat of acoustic guitars.
It was winter last year when we as a band went home for three months and re-connected with the people we love and the places that made us who we are and this was probably the longest period of being all back home together that we've had in seven years and during that time I looked back on all of our albums and magazine articles and tours and awards and all that kind of stuff that you take for granted in the moment and realized the magnitude of what we've done. I stalked fan accounts on Twitter and Instagram and read stories from our supporters and got a feel for what this band means to them and I found a re-invigorated love for this band and our music that I have to admit, I was starting to lose. Reading those stories and listening to our discography from beginning to end made me feel nostalgic for those early days and the feeling that we were taking on the world. As the years went on, it became less grandiose and epic to us, it was just what life had became for us and I despise the fact that we took those years after the first and second album for granted. I wrote this song with Adam and Jason after opening up about this and I was surprised to see that they had those same feelings. They hid it well because every familiar venue and every achievement always seemed to fill them with joy on the outside but I guess they hid it all pretty well. It's that familiar thing isn't it. It's a shame we don't realize we're in the good old days when we're in them. And that's a crazy thing to be saying at twenty-four years old but alas I don't think I'm the only one that feels this way. The point is, this song is a reminder to me to appreciate everything when it's here. Hopefully it will bring you all some sort of meaning and solace in some way.”

UserPostedImage

"Comeback Kids" | Brand New Single | June 17, 2017

“We were just kids that were handed the keys
Told that we could be everything that we ever wanted to be
And as time went on, it just became routine
Somewhere along the way
We lost part of who we were supposed to be”

UserPostedImage

1. ??
3. ??
5. "Comeback Kids" (4:49)
6. ??
7. ??
8. ??
9. ??
10. ??
11. ??
12. ??
13. ??
14. ??
15. ??
16. ??
17. ??
18. “Pop Culture x Hungry Vulture” (3:58)
19. ??
20. ??
21. ??
22. ??
JohnnyBBB on 11/06/2017(UTC), freestylechamp on 11/06/2017(UTC), Atonic Records on 12/06/2017(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#65 Posted : 21 January 2019 06:43:01(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Title: “Nomads”
Date: January 21, 2019

“Friends, this is the part we've been dreading for the longest time. In 2010 we made the decision to hire a van and Adam's parents booked and drove us to gigs at malls and proms and all kinds of events that we had no right to be performing at all around the mid-west. It was almost a year later when we were signed by Nomad Records and ever since that day all of our lives changed. They put us on tours with the likes of 'Reported Failure', “Suburban Sunrise”, “Dead Roses”, “Infinite” and “Mind” in just over a year and were kind enough to get five kids into a recording studio and begin to live this sort of messed up fantasy life. We put out or self-titled debut album in July 2011 and everything changed from that moment on in the best and worst ways (mostly best though!)

Since signing that record deal and a few other deals along the way, (Nomad, North Hill and Studio60) we've released five studio albums and twenty-seven singles, one e.p and one live album. Completed four headlining world tours and a whole bunch of supporting tours and festival performances. I think we may have seen every corner of this world and had people sing our words back to us which is just crazy. We've been through a whole lot of ups and downs and from a bunch of kids that were thrust into this world sooner than any of us would have ever expected, I think we did alright. We've had our share of sadness and struggles along the way, two original members left the band and took with them their friendship. We've personally lost loved ones over these years and blamed ourselves for not being around enough despite not ever truly being able to kick the habit of travelling and working.

From a personal point of view, 2017 and 2018 was the most difficult period that I have faced and the songs from this next record will shed some light on that. I apologize that an album that was initially supposed to be released in 2017 hasn't came out yet, from a band well known for their productivity we've really that reputation slide over the last couple of years however unintentional. I hope you can forgive that and I hope that these new songs will go some way to appease the delay. I've hated it as much as you's have.
But I thank you for your support over the years, it's been everything. The passion will live on forever, but sadly the band will not. There was always going to be a time when we had to draw a line under the banner of 'Riot! In The Boulevard' and with the release of “Nomads” on January 26 and the long-awaited release of “Young Cardinals” on February 2. We say goodbye. Unfortunately we will not be in a position to play these songs live but would certainly hope to play them for you one day. I can't say when that day will be, I definitely don't see it being any time in the near future. This band isn't dead, it's just resting it's eyes. We're calling it an indefinite hiatus, let's hope that it is.

Always with love.

Riot! In The Boulevard xoxo

UserPostedImage

“Nomads” / Brand New Single / January 26, 2019

“Lived our lives like nomads
Always running away
Little did we know
That this would all be gone someday”

UserPostedImage

“Young Cardinals” / Final Album / February 2, 2019

1. “Young Cardinals” (4:29)
3. “Down with the Ship” (4:36)
5. “Comeback Kids” (4:49)
6. “Bring on the Rapture” (6:17)
7. “My Silent Reputation's On the Line” (3:14)
8. “The Face You Fear The Most” (4:49)
9. “Fireworks Over Vegas” (2:11)
10. “Mercenaries” (4:38)
11. “Dead On Arrival” (4:29)
12. “Fake a Smile” (4:11)
13. “Nothing Lasts Forever” (4:02)
14. “Pop Culture x Hungry Vulture” (3:58)
15. “Faking Happiness Until It's Found” (4:56)
16. “Perfect Melodies and Hardcore Breakdowns” (3:04)
17. “What Will Your Legacy Be?” (5:02)
18. “Nomads” (5:22)
freestylechamp on 21/01/2019(UTC), erich hess on 21/01/2019(UTC), BrownSugar on 21/01/2019(UTC)