logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline C4AJoh  
#1 Posted : 13 December 2012 00:33:08(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8533 time(s) in 2672 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Title: I’ll Be Praying For Blood This Christmas
Genre: Pop-Punk, Alternative Rock
Length: 4:52
Format: CD Single, Digital Download
Recorded: December 11, 2012 – Avatar Studios, New York City, NY
Release Date: December 16, 2012
Label: North Hill Records
Written: December 2012
Writer(s): Amy Meyer, Adam Benjamin, Justin Mullen
Producer: Riot! In The Boulevard

‘I’ll Be Praying For Blood This Christmas’ is a festive single and is the eight official single to be released from American alt-rock superstars ‘Riot! In The Boulevard’. Following a sting touring in support of their most recent album the band decided to write and record a charity single in time for Christmas, the track was quickly written and recorded by the band on the 11th December 2012 at Avatar Studios in New York City and released under North Hill Records. It is set for release on December 16, 2012 as a CD Single and Digital Download in preparation for the Digital Christmas Singles Chart. All proceeds from the single will go to a charity in the form of ‘Feeding America’ which was the primary reason for them penning a Christmas single. It was bluntly described by Amy Meyer as ‘A masochistic Christmas single’.

The song was written on December 11, 2012 by Amy Meyer, Adam Benjamin and Justin Mullen as they got together at Avatar Studios following the end of their touring commitments. As the band were figuring out their holiday plans they were ask about the possibility of a Christmas single, the band were initially hesitant as they felt that the general nature of a Christmas song doesn’t quite fit the Riot! mould and they didn’t want to release a cover song, but after consideration they decided that they would attempt to write and record a as Amy puts it, “A festive single with a difference.” and they all began working on writing a quintessentially Riot! In The Boulevard style holiday single.

The song begins with a soft drum beat and the sound of bells jangling in the background, quickly followed by the twinkly and festive sounding piano introduction provided by Amy Meyer, she opens her voice and tenderly sings the opening lines of the song which feel relatively sweet and Christmassy as they make it seem like it’s gonna be just another typical Christmas song, “The snow is fallin’ all around/Resting perfectly on the cold hard ground/I’m picturing our future family all sat around the fire/Writing your name inside of my arm next to mine/My sweet, my only desire.” The piano playing continues alongside the soft drumming throughout the opening verse, but as the second verse arrives the music become more urgent as a driving lead guitar riff from Justin Mullen brings the change of pace and theme of the song, Amy then fires into action with loud and aggressive vocals, “You ran away/When the snow began to dry/You didn’t look back/To see the tears that I would cry/Christmas had gone/You found someone new/But now that it’s back around/I’m praying for blood/And it’s gonna come from you.”

The leading guitar riff continues and is joined by the full combination of each member of the band with Adam Benjamin and Jason Greenberg joining the party on rhythm guitar and bass guitar respectively, bringing an energy and powerful rock feel to a Christmas song as Amy belts out the chorus in typical rocker chick style, “Ohhh, the children sing/Hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah lord above/Ohhh, the children sing/Hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah lord above/Ohhh, the children will sing/Hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah lord above/Hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah I’m praying for blood.”
The instrumentation stops briefly before firing back into action, Amy is now adding more melody to the song with her vocal delivery, “When the children sing Hallelujah/And those winter bells chime/I’ll remember a holiday/Back when you were mine/But you cut me open/And you left without a kiss/So I’ll be praying for blood this Christmas.”

The lead guitar riff becomes the main feature for the rest of the song combined with Amy’s vocals as she sings, “Blood on the snow/The gifts will be set ablaze/People say this too shall pass/But this ain’t no phase/I’m marchin’ around this merry town/And boy I’m gonna bring you down/I’ve got blood on my mind/And you’re the one that I plan to find” the guitar riff continues as Amy bellows out the chorus once again, leading the song into its powerful fade out.

LYRICS

“The snow is fallin’ all around
Resting perfectly on the cold hard ground
I’m picturing our future family all sat around the fire
Writing your name inside of my arm next to mine
My sweet, my only desire

You ran away
When the snow began to dry
You didn’t look back
To see the tears that I would cry
Christmas had gone
You found someone new
But now that it’s back around
I’m praying for blood
And it’s gonna come from you

Ohhh, the children sing
Hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah lord above
Ohhh, the children sing
Ohhh, the children will sing
Hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah I’m praying for blood

When the children sing Hallelujah
And those winter bells chime
I’ll remember a holiday
Back when you were mine
But you cut me open
And you left without a kiss
So I’ll be praying for blood this Christmas

Blood on the snow
The gifts will be set ablaze
People say this too shall pass
But this ain’t no phase
I’m marchin’ around this merry town
And boy I’m gonna bring you down
I’ve got blood on my mind
And you’re the one that I plan to find

Ohhh, the children sing
Ohhh, the children sing
Ohhh, the children will sing
Hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah I’m praying for blood

When the children sing Hallelujah
And those winter bells chime
I’ll remember a holiday
Back when you were mine
But you cut me open
And you left without a kiss
So I’ll be praying for blood this Christmas”
thanks 6 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
stephaniewazhere on 13/12/2012(UTC), GirlSpice on 13/12/2012(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 13/12/2012(UTC), mebeme101 on 13/12/2012(UTC), FiveT on 13/12/2012(UTC), erich hess on 13/12/2012(UTC)
Offline genocidal king  
#2 Posted : 13 December 2012 01:15:01(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
Stelios: Bollocks! Andros said we'd be the only rock band releasing a Christmas song. "Sing a Christmas song Stelios, it will be fun" they said! Now we won't only be not the only rock band releasing a Christmas song, we won't even be the second best, since you buggers are good enough to be first and second. Bah! Humbug and all that Scroogey business!

Andros: Excuse my bitchy little cousin...he's on his period or something. Fantastic track guys, and a really great take on the whole Christmas cheer thing. Love it. I'll be buying it, as well as buying two of ours...ya know, to balance out the chartage. Lovely song though. You are on top form as always. And also....them boobs....sorry, just saying ;)

Edited by user 13 December 2012 01:35:05(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users thanked genocidal king for this useful post.
erich hess on 13/12/2012(UTC), C4AJoh on 14/12/2012(UTC)
Offline GirlSpice  
#3 Posted : 13 December 2012 01:50:33(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 7399 time(s) in 2464 post(s)
Sophia: OH MY BLONDE! Babes! This is like... sooooooooooo good! Love love love it! Love Christmas babes! But umm... why are you praying for blood babes? If I opened a present at Christmas with blood in, I would cry! That would be soooooo sad and yucky! Don't murder babes! Jesus loves you! Hehe!
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
thanks 1 user thanked GirlSpice for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 14/12/2012(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#4 Posted : 13 December 2012 04:15:18(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
OOC: Amazing job on this as always :)

Hayden: Well I think the Christmas tree needs work but the single was great. Yes, nothing screams 'Holiday spirit' quite like some blood and guts! :)
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
Offline mebeme101  
#5 Posted : 13 December 2012 05:14:55(UTC)
mebeme101

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 5703 time(s) in 2512 post(s)
Alex: I love you guys and I think the world definitely needs more Christmas songs like this also where did you guys get your tree?
My Acts

Layla Sanchez|AJ|Brandon Grey|PRÓXIMO|Carmen V|SZ|DREAM

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked mebeme101 for this useful post.
Offline FiveT  
#6 Posted : 13 December 2012 07:29:54(UTC)
FiveT

Groups: Registered
Man
Italy

Was thanked: 3231 time(s) in 1294 post(s)
Jessica (Hard Sugar): Oh yeah! Finally a good Christmas song I can listen to too!

Tanya (Teen Titans): Ok, that second verse quite scared me at first but with a second listen I love this song now. ^__^

MY ACTIVE ACTS
Titans (Laurence, Jo, Martina, Den, Tanya)
Kegan Dawson - Actor, presenter, radio speaker, model, showman
Cj Frankson - Youtuber, Actor, model, showman
Rashai Mari - Model, Dj
Igor Stanovski - Russian tycoon, businessman
Claire Becker - Writer, vocal coach, presenter, radio speaker
Augusto Lincoln - Enterpreneur, model, manager
Lukas Paradiso - Model, Actor

The Jollies
Zafari Mari 👩🏾‍🦲, Rose Hemsworth 👩🏻‍🦰, David Hernandez 👱🏻, Natasha Stanovski 👧🏻, Fabriano Galore 👨🏻

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Creating Sims content here on my YouTube channel! -----> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7Tq0J8bDFMidZWlrFK0gtQ
thanks 1 user thanked FiveT for this useful post.
Offline C4AJoh  
#7 Posted : 15 December 2012 00:42:51(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: genocidal king Go to Quoted Post
Stelios: Bollocks! Andros said we'd be the only rock band releasing a Christmas song. "Sing a Christmas song Stelios, it will be fun" they said! Now we won't only be not the only rock band releasing a Christmas song, we won't even be the second best, since you buggers are good enough to be first and second. Bah! Humbug and all that Scroogey business!

Andros: Excuse my bitchy little cousin...he's on his period or something. Fantastic track guys, and a really great take on the whole Christmas cheer thing. Love it. I'll be buying it, as well as buying two of ours...ya know, to balance out the chartage. Lovely song though. You are on top form as always. And also....them boobs....sorry, just saying ;)

Adam: Haha, don't worry about it Stelios. We're praying for blood this Christmas, not a number 1. To be honest though, ours isn't exactly an incredible song, I don't think anybody needs to worry about us being in contention for the number #1 spot, we figured we'd write a Christmas song just for funsies :P

Amy: Thanks dude, I'm glad that you like the song, yeah your cousin definitely needs to work on his festive spirit a little. haha, thank you, that costume was pretty tight but they're quite lovely aren't they :P
Offline C4AJoh  
#8 Posted : 15 December 2012 00:45:09(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: GirlSpice Go to Quoted Post
Sophia: OH MY BLONDE! Babes! This is like... sooooooooooo good! Love love love it! Love Christmas babes! But umm... why are you praying for blood babes? If I opened a present at Christmas with blood in, I would cry! That would be soooooo sad and yucky! Don't murder babes! Jesus loves you! Hehe!

Adam: Thank you! you're adorable, I think I want you for Christmas :)
Offline C4AJoh  
#9 Posted : 15 December 2012 00:49:18(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: RoseJapanFan Go to Quoted Post
OOC: Amazing job on this as always :)

Hayden: Well I think the Christmas tree needs work but the single was great. Yes, nothing screams 'Holiday spirit' quite like some blood and guts! :)

OOC: Thanks! :)

Nathan: Shut up! I make a wonderful Christmas tree ... grinch! Not talking

Amy: Thanks Hayden, yeah well that Christmas tree was gonna get thrown on the fire if nobody bought it ... so we figured since it's the season of good will and such it would be nice to save it. Yup, definitely screams holiday spirit, I'm just waiting for a group of children to show up at my door and start singing this future classic! that would make me smile :)
thanks 1 user thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 15/12/2012(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#10 Posted : 15 December 2012 00:51:11(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: mebeme101 Go to Quoted Post
Alex: I love you guys and I think the world definitely needs more Christmas songs like this also where did you guys get your tree?

Amy: Awww, thanks Alex. I'm glad that you like it! ... The Christmas tree? he was on a farm, they were gonna throw him on a fire, we figured it would be nice to save him but it turns out that he smells pretty badly, you can have him if you want! :)

Nathan: ... :(
Offline C4AJoh  
#11 Posted : 15 December 2012 00:56:01(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: FiveT Go to Quoted Post
Jessica (Hard Sugar): Oh yeah! Finally a good Christmas song I can listen to too!

Tanya (Teen Titans): Ok, that second verse quite scared me at first but with a second listen I love this song now. ^__^

Adam: Yeah, it's just like a modern version of "All I Want For Christmas" but instead of wanting "you" we want your blood ... it's actually quite beautiful when I put it like that, isn't it? ... I sometimes wonder how I'm still single.

Amy: Haha, thanks. We enjoy scaring people however briefly. Thanks Tanya, I'm glad that you like it! :P