logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline C4AJoh  
#1 Posted : 17 July 2018 22:28:40(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8536 time(s) in 2673 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Title: “Dead On Arrival”
Artist: Riot! in the Boulevard
Album: “Young Cardinals” (2018)
Release Date: July 17, 2018
Length: 4:29
Format: CD Single, Digital Download, Weekly Airplay, 7” Single
Recorded: March 2018 - Village Studios - Los Angeles, California, USA
Genre: Alternative Rock
Label: Studio60 Records
Written: January 2018
Writer(s): Adam Benjamin, Amy Meyer, Jason Greenberg
Producer(s): Riot! in the Boulevard, Cara Zayn, Christian Fallon

“Dead On Arrival” is a track written and recorded by American alternative rock trio 'Riot! In the Boulevard' as part of their sixth studio album 'Young Cardinals', set to be released before the end of 2018. With this latest release, 'Dead On Arrival' becomes the bands seventh single taken from the upcoming album in a move unprecedented by the popular music act. It's reported that the band have decided to opt for a new tact this time around and they feel that releasing so many songs from the album prior to it's release will give each individual song it's merits before merging them together to see a bigger picture. Although we're seven months into the year, a release date for the record still has not been agreed upon and it's been reported that the album isn't yet 100% completed, making it the longest recording sessions taken by the band in order to finish an album. This is a huge change from the band that used to be prolifically productive.
In recent interviews, lead singer Amy Meyer indicated a possible reason for this, “I think between the three of us, there's this awareness that this could possibly be our last album together and I think we're just dragging out the process because it's so difficult accept that finality. Of course we've not sat down together and had that discussion, but I think we all feel that this is the time for a true extended hiatus at the very least and that we'll put out this record, tour it and move away from the juggernaut and focus on other aspects. It's tough, it's been tough and letting go just isn't so easy to do. But we don't want to put out sub-par stuff and just stagnate. I think the vibe is that we're giving this album our very all in anticipation that this is our last one.”

“Dead On Arrival” was written in January 2018 by the trio of Amy Meyer, Adam Benjamin and Jason Greenberg and later recorded in March at Village Studios in Los Angeles, California with production from Cara Zayn and Christian Fallon. With the track being released in a variety of different formats on July 17, 2018 through Studio60 Records.

SONG REVIEW;

It's hard to believe that we're eight years deep into the music career of Riot! In the Boulevard and yet here we are listening to another brand new track from the three upstarts from Las Vegas. You'd think that resting on their laurels would be a viable option, how often have we seen promising young bands begin to tread water after the third album but Riot! Are currently in the middle of their sixth record and they continue to just add more layers to their back catalogue with every release. I think they've proven themselves to be capable of hitting all of the notes over the years, they marvel with an emotionally charged rock ballad and they feel triumphant when they're a little pissed-off. They can write an upbeat song too but with their latest album, it feels like they're truly coming of age. They're melancholic and reflective, often fun and certainly never boring and with the release of 'Dead On Arrival', we're given more of that.

Soaring guitar riffs and a keyboard backdrop are set off perfectly with a thunderous drum beat, this is the band delving into the power and majesty of their rock roots. Moving away slightly from the frenetic pace of pop-punk and not slow enough to be considered a ballad, it feels like this latest offering sees the band focussing more on a powerful modern rock sound, it's somewhere between the power of In Your Honor era Foo Fighters and the rawness of The Killers “Sam's Town'. With peaks and valleys in terms of vocal delivery, Amy Meyer shows off her powerful range during the chorus and seamlessly switches to slow and melodic during the verses. It's a little different from the group but still feels massively like a Riot! In the Boulevard song. Another fine effort.

LYRICS;

“I'm jaded of this person I'm meant to be
Inside I'm feeling numb but I've learnt to keep my brave face on
And I sometimes wish you didn't expect so much of me
Maybe you should try walking a mile in my shoes
Perhaps you'll realize that this strong exterior has been known to bruise

I feel like I've become dead on arrival
For so many years my mode has been survival

It's hard to explain the things I can't understand
I just feel so trapped, I just can't breathe
I know you think you're helping when you take hold of my hand
But I'm trying my best to explain
But you just can't see
This is not the person I thought I'd become
I feel so numb
Knowing this is not truly me

If I could take back the last three years
I would with all my heart
If I could go back to when we started falling apart
Believe me when I say that I would
I know in the end I seemed cold to you
But that love was always beneath the surface
It was true on the inside
I was just searching for my purpose

For so many years my mode has been survival”

PERSONNEL;

Amy Meyer – lead vocals, organ, lyrics, composition, production
Adam Benjamin – rhythm guitar, backing vocals, lyrics, composition, production
Jason Greenberg – bass guitar, lyrics, composition, production
Billie Langdon – drums, percussion
Cara Zayn – production, mixing, engineering
Christian Fallon – production, mixing

SOUNDALIKE;

Imagine Dragons - “Radioactive”

UserPostedImage

Title: “Faking Happiness Until It's Found”
Artist: Riot! in the Boulevard
Album: “Young Cardinals” (2018)
Release Date: July 17, 2018
Length: 4:56
Format: CD Single, Digital Download, Weekly Airplay, 7” Single
Recorded: May 2018 - Village Studios - Los Angeles, California, USA
Genre: Alternative Rock, Pop-Rock
Label: Studio60 Records
Written: March 2018
Writer(s): Adam Benjamin, Amy Meyer, Jason Greenberg
Producer(s): Riot! in the Boulevard, Cara Zayn, Christian Fallon

“Faking Happiness Until It's Found” is a track written and recorded by American alternative rock trio 'Riot! In the Boulevard' as part of their sixth studio album 'Young Cardinals', set to be released before the end of 2018. With this latest release coming alongside 'Dead On Arrival' as the bands first double single, “Faking Happiness Until It's Found” becomes the bands eighth single taken from the upcoming album. Their latest offering is seen as somewhat of a contradiction with the lyrics to the song being rather downbeat with the music for the song being upbeat and one of the more pop-based songs from the bands catalogue. Amy discussed the reasons for this in a recent interview with 'Alternative Press', “I think these days, certainly from what I've experienced from myself and my closest friends and from a lot of talking to fans. There's this expectation that the young should be happy and definitely in the past two years or so, it's become so abundantly clear that so many of us are not only unhappy but unhealthily so. With mental illnesses and depression becoming more and more common in this modern age. So I kind of wanted to show a little of that contradiction with this song. Write a song about how we pretend to be happy and have these emotive lyrics (at least from my point of view) being sung over this upbeat and energetic backdrop. Whether we've achieved what we set out to achieve remains to be seen. But I thought it was a fascinating idea for a song.”

“Faking Happiness Until It's Found” was written in March 2018 by Amy Meyer and Adam Benjamin and later recorded by the band together in May at Village Studios in Los Angeles, California with production from Cara Zayn and Christian Fallon. With the track being released in a variety of different formats on July 17, 2018 through Studio60 Records.

SONG REVIEW;

We have the second of two brand new singles from Riot! In the Boulevard and this one feels like a huge change up on first instinct with it's keyboards and rhythm guitar taking a more prominent role in a pop-vibe instrumentation but when you listen to the lyrics of this track and their previous one, “Dead On Arrival” you can see that they come from the same place emotionally. It's from a couple of young people that are still trying to figure out their feelings, young people that have become a little numb to the pain and have been trying to hide their true feelings and emotions. “Faking Happiness” has all the hallmarks of a classic Riot! Song. At this point they have found a formula that works and they just keep adding little elements here and there to keep things fresh.
But here, this feels a little more from Amy's heart than anyone else's. Yes it was written collaboratively by Amy and Adam this time around but if you've ever heard their frontwoman speak in interviews or onstage between songs, you know that she's someone that has a little more of these feelings and emotions running through her head. She's a firecracker of emotions at times and I think this comes across on this track more so than many of their others. But vocally she manages to hide that sensitivity when she delivers these emotional words in an upbeat and energetic way. None of that vocal pop-punk fire on this track as she manages to show off a more mainstream pop vocal range. The message is well delivered but won't break any new ground but the beat is infectious and could stick in your head for quite some time.

LYRICS;

“We can paint on a big old smile if that's what you need
To tell yourselves it's all okay this time around
Hey let's face it, we've been known to fake it for the Airplay
Bust-up's and dust-up's, we know a little something about cover-up's
And we can tell you that it's okay and make you believe
We can tell you that it's okay
Tell you that it's okay

We raised our flags like the triumphant leaders
Never have I felt more like a fraud
Acting like we knew what we were fighting for
Truth is, we knew nothing at all
And somehow we're still standing here
Minus two and that still kinda hurts
When we started out we made our oath together
No solider left behind
Was that just one big lie?

My heart has been held by those that have seen it
It's now charcoal and crumbling
From all of the lighters and matches
Why would you burn
What is not yours in the first place?
Why would you burn

So I guess that I have been faking happiness
Until it's found
Hold me down until it comes around
I guess that I have been faking happiness
Until it's found

I'm a little older these days and the road has taken it's toll
With many loves and heartbreak felt along the way
It's a long way down to fall
When you're so far away from home
And everything you've ever known

My heart has been held by those that have seen it
It's now charcoal and crumbling
From all of the lighters and matches
Why would you burn
Why would you burn

So I guess that I have been faking happiness
Until it's found
I guess that I have been faking happiness
Until it's found
Hold me down until it comes around”

PERSONNEL;

Amy Meyer – lead vocals, keyboards, lyrics, composition, production
Adam Benjamin – rhythm guitar, backing vocals, lyrics, composition, production
Jason Greenberg – bass guitar, lyrics, composition, production
Billie Langdon – drums, percussion
Cara Zayn – production, mixing, engineering
Christian Fallon – production, mixing

SOUNDALIKE;

Paramore - “Hard Times”

thanks 6 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 17/07/2018(UTC), erich hess on 17/07/2018(UTC), freestylechamp on 18/07/2018(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 18/07/2018(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 18/07/2018(UTC), kandii on 27/07/2018(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#2 Posted : 23 July 2018 21:58:02(UTC)
BrownSugar

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19124 time(s) in 7592 post(s)
Oscar: The wait for this album is killing me haha! You never fail to deliver and I must say that this double whammy of songs is stellar. Really love the more rock oriented vibes of Dead on Arrival. In fact, I dare to say that the song is my favourite from the Young Cardinals era. Can't wait for the full record!
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

thanks 1 user thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 29/07/2018(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#3 Posted : 29 July 2018 05:21:17(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
OOC: YESS!! I love this!

“We raised our flags like the triumphant leaders
Never have I felt more like a fraud
Acting like we knew what we were fighting for”

I love that lyric. Great job as usual and it’s nice to see you still posting stuff here. Seeing people post more has given me more of an urge to take time out from IRL and start RPing more like I had before. Great song from Riot!
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 29/07/2018(UTC)