logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline C4AJoh  
#1 Posted : 26 September 2012 23:06:56(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8536 time(s) in 2673 post(s)
Riot! In The Boulevard
Live From Field Trip Festival 2012

UserPostedImage

Title: Live From Field Trip Festival 2012
Release Date: September 30, 2012
Recorded: June 10, 2012
Genre: Alternative Rock, Pop-Punk, Live Performance
Length: 2:11:27
Label: North Hill Records
Producer: Riot! In The Boulevard, Samuel Cavallo

“Live From Field Trip Festival 2012” is the first ever live album and DVD by American rock group “Riot! In The Boulevard”, set for release on September 30, 2012 through North Hill Records it was recorded on June 10, 2012 during Riot! In The Boulevard’s headlining performance at the ‘Field Trip Festival’, the CD features all eleven songs that were performed by the band during their high profile headlining performance and the DVD documents their entire performance from the festival which was in front of over 100,000 fans, the largest audience the teenage rock band have ever perform in front of to date and it’s a performance that is widely considered the best live performance that the band have done in their short history.
The DVD will feature an exclusive 40 minute, in-depth interview with the band that was recorded specifically for the release of the DVD to not only accompany the live performance but to give their fans an exclusive never before seen interview where they discuss a number of topics from the release of the live album to their previous work and the rather quick and sudden success of the band, they also talk frankly about the personal difficulties that they’ve gone through along the way, most notably the highly documented in-band troubles that threatened to destroy the teenage rock band earlier this year and how they managed to work through those problems and still remain a close group of friends.

The CD/DVD features a large selection of songs from Riot! In The Boulevard’s self-titled debut and their most recent sophomore album ‘Cradle To The Grave’ and it marks their first official release under North Hill Records following the labels transition from Liberation/Nomad. It’s been expected that the live album/DVD will serve as a stop gap release for fans as the band prepare to begin working on their third studio album throughout the final months of 2012. The CD/DVD was produced by Riot! In The Boulevard in July and August 2012 alongside Samuel Cavallo who also directed the vast majority of footage that appears on the DVD performance.

SETLIST
1. Something Old, Something New
2. Twilight Of My Youth
3. Kiss Goodbye To The Harvest Moon
4. Dear Diary
5. A Moment, An Hour, A Lifetime
6. Remember Me As A Place In Time
7. The Rules Of Love And The Games You Play
8. The Echoes Of My Soul
9. All The Stars And Boulevards
10. All The Non-Believers
11. Sweet Little Fantasy’s

Bonus
12. 40 Minutes With Riot! In The Boulevard [Interview]

PERSONNEL
Amy Meyer – lead vocals, keyboards, piano, lyrics, production
Adam Benjamin – rhythm guitar, backing vocals, lyrics, production
Jason Greenberg – bass guitar, lyrics, production
Justin Mullen – lead guitar, lyrics, production
Nathan Mullen – drums, percussion, production
Samuel Cavallo – production, direction
thanks 2 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 27/09/2012(UTC), Mckenzie- on 27/09/2012(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#2 Posted : 26 September 2012 23:09:13(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

RIOT! IN THE BOULEVARD
FIELD TRIP FESTIVAL 2012 [HEADLINERS] (PART 1)

UserPostedImage

Something Old, Something New/Twilight Of My Youth/Kiss Goodbye To The Harvest Moon

It’s day two of the weekend of live music at ‘Field Trip Festival 2012’ and with another large selection of music on show during the course of Sunday afternoon and evening, it would appear that the audience have been well and truly warmed up for the second headline act at the festival, not only in the metaphorical sense but in the literal sense as the sun has continuously beat down on the large crowd throughout the weekend and the atmosphere has been rather incredible as a result, there’s a sense of ‘we don’t want this to end’ in the air as the crowds gather in their numbers for the final act of the two day music festival and as they audience are finally assembled all that is left to do is wait.

As darkened figures can be seen moving things around onstage it leads to murmuring from the crowd as they anticipate the arrival of the teenage rock band, the day has only recently turned to night and as the moments continue to slowly pass it appears that some members of the crowd have decided to create a little extra entertainment ahead of the performance, a couple of lone voices can be heard singing the opening lyrics to ‘Sweet Little Fantasy’s’ the debut hit from Riot! and those lone voices start to increase as more slowly begin to join in and rather unexpectedly it has led the majority of the audience into a rousing chorus of the hit single and it’s managed to create an almost camp-fire sing-along type of situation but the voices then start to die down one by one as the air of anticipation builds once more and the wait is finally over.

The lights begin to flicker into action around the stage and the large backdrop with the band’s familiar name design in full view for the 150,000 plus crowd and it lights up in a dark red colour, the stage is completely cleared for what is always a highly energetic performance by the teenagers from Vegas and right on cue is the arrival of the band to the stage, the first person to appear onstage is the drummer ‘Nathan Mullen’ wearing a basic black t-shirt with a green logo emblazoned upon it, he meekly raises his hand up at the audience before making his way to the drum kit located near the back of the stage and prepares his area for the performance, next to appear on the stage is his brother and lead guitarist ‘Justin Mullen’, a relatively quiet personality he jogs across to the far left of the stage where he’s handed an electric guitar, he adjusts the string slightly and nods out at the crowd and gives a small smile as he begins to play a riff which is then followed by soft drumming from his brother.

The next appearance is by the bassist ‘Jason Greenberg’, his facial hair and loud bass playing give him the tag as ‘the masculine one’ in the band and he applauds the crowd as he runs out to the left of the stage, receiving his bass guitar from one of the techs, he places the black leather strap over his shoulder and says something in Justin’s ear before walking slightly towards the center of the stage, he adjusts the strings and begins playing along with Justin and Nathan at this extended introduction.
The next appearance gets the second loudest reaction from the audience as ‘Adam Benjamin’ runs out to the stage with a large smile on his face, he waves frantically at the audience, he too walks over to the left of the stage, high-fiving Justin and Jason as he walks past them to receive his rhythm guitar from the tech at the side of the stage, he walks across to the right of the stage and jumps up and down for a couple of moments before starting to play his guitar along with the others, he turns to look at the wings of the stage where the audience are unable to see and smiles, he raises his hand in the air and counts from five down to one with his fingers, he shouts something out at the audience and their cheers start to increase, the band then move from playing the extended introduction into the familiar opening to one of their singles.

As the introduction begins, lead singer of the band ‘Amy Meyer’ runs out to the stage, wearing a black t-shirt with a short denim jacket placed over her small shoulders and tight leather trousers with one leg coloured black and the other coloured white, she runs to the center of the stage and begins jumping up and down as the crowd erupt at her arrival, the band power their way through the song as Amy sings out the lyrics with energy and enthusiasm;

“Wearing boots and dark black leather/Don’t feel so good, under the weather
Come over and see me, I’m on my own/This burning house doesn’t feel like home
A message left on my answer machine/You’re not gonna be around, you’re the leaving scene
A bottomless pit is where I’m falling/I’m slowly dying and you’re not calling
I’ll give you everything, all of my heart/You’ll take it fully and tear it apart
This pain I feel is quite like dying/I can’t love you but I’m still trying”

Amy continues to jump up and down throughout the song, her trademark vocals create the mix of vulnerability and aggression as she spits out the words with a venom but places emphasis on key words that make you feel for the person in the song, the band continue to play the song with an ease that shows that they’ve managed to perfect their craft as a live band over the past year incredibly well, the lyrics and instrumentation of the song appears to be like second nature to each member of the band and it allows a freedom for Amy to essentially do whatever she wants with the song, evident as she sways her arms back and forth during the pre-chorus and chorus and encourages the crowd to sing along with her;

“Will you regret me, will you forget me/Will you kiss me, will you miss me
Will you regret me, will you forget me/Will you kiss me, will you miss me
Something old, something new, something fragile/Will my broken heart do?
Something old, something new, something dying/It’s sent to you
Will you regret me, will you forget me/Will you kiss me, will you miss me
Will you regret me, will you forget me/Will you kiss me, will you miss me”

As Amy leads the crowd into the 150,000 people chorus she stops singing and stands center stage with a awestruck look on her face as she hears her words echoing back to the stage like never before, she shakes her head and mouths the words, “wow” to Adam Benjamin who has now moved closer to the front of the stage with Amy as he plays the closing melodic riff on his rhythm guitar as the song nears its end.

UserPostedImage

No time for a brief break for the band or even the audience as Justin slowly moves closer to Amy and Adam and begins the powerful and aggressive opening guitar riff to the next song, Amy lowers her head slightly and grips the microphone tightly with both hands, “ENGLAND!! … are we gonna start a Riot!?” Amy asks, bellowing out the words in the hope that the crowd can hear her, “We’re a group of misfits and losers, hailing from the west coast of the United States of America … born and raised on the dusty planes of the Nevada desert, we’re unfamiliar with your British ways.” She says with a childlike grin, “So we’re gonna need you to help us put on the greatest live performance of all time.” The crowd erupt into cheers, “You guys think you’re up to the task?” she asks with a large smile on her face, her question is met with an emphatic roar from the crowd and she nods her head, “Alright then … Let’s do this!” and as she say those words, the band fully thrash into the song and Amy begins jumping up and down at the center of the stage, encouraging the crowd to do so too as she begins singing the opening lyrics;

“Sat on a bench with a body full of hate/Wondering when this loneliness ends, I guess I’ll just wait
Dreaming of a fantasy that will never come true/Dreaming of a Fairytale in the form of you
When the day begins, I find myself on my own/When the night ends, I’m still alone
Wanna be saved from myself and everything around/I stare at my empty home, I wanna burn it to the ground
The nights fade with the emptiness and the days go by so slow/I feel like I’m missing out on something I will never know
I’m not living, I’m just getting by/It gets more painful the harder I try”

The pounding of the drums add emphasis for the song and help to create an almost anthemic feeling onstage, perfectly matched with the guitar playing from Adam, Justin and Jason but it’s the sheer energy that’s being provided by the teenagers that are the biggest tools to their performance, the energy in particular by Amy as she jumps up and down and moves across the stage with the confidence of someone who has been doing this type of thing for the 18 years that she’s been alive, the reality is that she’s only been performing in big venue’s for a little over a year, but it doesn’t deter the red-haired front woman of the rock band and she moves around the stage with ease and somehow still manages to sing very well whilst moving around so much shows testament to ability and she continues to work the crowd effortlessly as she directs the microphone towards them for them to bellow out the chorus;

“The carefree times have gone/Nights under the stars are no more
Instead I’m just a travelling girl/Every night brings a different show
While I am in the twilight of my youth/I want to make most of this time while it lasts
I can’t keep holding onto you for much longer/It’s time to let go of the past”

As the music begins to die down towards the end of the song, Amy catches a flag thrown from the audience and drapes it around her shoulders, the audience cheer as she takes a little bow and laughs along with the rest of the band and as the song ends, she takes the flag from her shoulders and places it over a large black box near the front of the stage.
The band finally close out the song with the final drum beats from Nathan Mullen and a couple of brief moments pass as Adam and Justin switch to acoustic guitars for the next set of songs, the change of pace quickly becoming evident to the audience as Amy stands center stage with her head lowered slightly, she waits for the opening introduction to the song before raising her head slightly and edging closer to the front of the stage where the audience cheer loudly, she brings the microphone up to her mouth and softly begins to sing in hushed tones the opening lyrics to the song but appears taking by surprise slightly as the crowd erupt in song as they bellow out the words, “You are the winner and now it seems/You’re not the sinner, you’re the stuff of dreams.” Amy glances across at the guys and mouths the words “Wow” and shakes her head in amazement and as they continue to tenderly play their acoustic guitars, creating an emotional feel during the song Amy continues to stand front center singing the words with the audience in full voice singing them back to her;

“You will, you will, you will/Kiss goodbye to the harvest moon
With a smile on your face, singing a new tune/Just kiss goodbye to the harvest moon
You’re living the good life, making six numbers/Kissing your kids goodnight to the sound of golden slumbers
The woman of your dreams is standing by your side/Your life is at ease, your swimming with the tide.”

The audience again in full voice throughout as the band pluck the string to their guitars and tenderly close out the first slow burning song of the evening, any worries that the ballads wouldn’t fit in well with the audience have proven to be pointless and even more so any worries that they couldn’t handle the magnitude of the festival and it’s large crowd have proven to be pointless too, after the opening three songs they already have the audience on their side and in full voice.

Dear Diary/A Moment, An Hour, A Lifetime/Remember Me As A Place In Time

UserPostedImage

The soft tones of the acoustic guitar begin once more, backed by the now very gentle drumming from Nathan Mullen and the tender bass line provided by Jason Greenberg, Amy places both hands on the microphone and smiles widely at the audience in front of her, “You guys are amazing!” she continues, “These next bunch of songs are ballads but hopefully you can all join in with me.” She smiles once more, “Let’s make this a night that none of us ever forget.” The audience cheer and she bows her head slightly as any daylight that we may have had has well and truly vanished, Amy places her arm on the shoulder of Adam Benjamin and smiles as he plays his acoustic guitar, she appears relaxed as she begins singing;

“Dear diary, it’s that time again/I’ve got my thoughts and my poisonous pen
I feel like I’m dying as this person I’ve become now/I’m feeling so much anger, I don’t wanna be here anyhow
I know it’s almost over, two years left to endure/I could have left a while ago, I could have been on tour
But instead I wake every morning with fear and loathing instead/I don’t know what’s stopping me, feels like I’m hanging from a thread”

Amy slowly moves around on the stage as the audience sway their arms from side to side, some are holding their cell phones in the air and singing along with Amy, but it’s as the chorus arrives where the song hits its peak, Justin and Adam begin to play their acoustic guitars slightly faster and with more urgency and the drum beat becomes slightly more louder, Amy steps to the very edge of the stage and looks out to the crowd with enthusiasm, “England!!!” she screams, “I wanna hear you sing!” and they respond emphatically as they sing the songs chorus along with Amy;

“I know some say that time is short, but it’s never felt so long/I guess it’s hard to feel alive in a place where I don’t belong
I’m counting down as the days go by/Hope it’s all over in the blink of an eye
So dear diary, you listen so well/I know I probably bore you but I know you’d never tell
So without you by my side, helping me stay in control/I owe everything to your pages, I owe it all
So dear diary, I won’t forget/You helped me grow up from the outset
I owe a lot to your white blank pages/You helped me grow up, through the ages.”

Amy steps back as the song finishes and raises her hand at the audience in appreciate for their enthusiasm while singing the song, she turns to look at Justin and smiles before walking over towards the drum kit, she takes a bottle of water and quickly quenches her thirst while Adam, Justin and Jason gather together by the drum kit, they can all be seen talking about something and as Amy finishes taking a drink she joins them, seconds pass as the assemble back into position ahead of the next song, Amy places her arm on Justin’s shoulder and says something in his ear, he nods his head slightly as they begin to play the introduction to the next song, Amy moves closer to the edge of the stage and raises her hand in the air, gripping the microphone with her other hand, “This is called, A Moment, An Hour, A Lifetime.” She shouts, smiling as the audience cheer loudly while the band begin to play another acoustic introduction to the song, Amy begins waving her arm from side to side to encourage the crowd to do so before singing;

“I’m playing this game called love/And it’s messing with my heart
I’ll fight my instincts, fight my feelings/But I’m just falling apart
I’ll close my eyes and let my mind run free/Because holding you is where I long to be
I’m trying to keep calm and fight what I feel/But a space in my heart is harder to heal
So I’ll try to move and pretend that everything’s fine/But I know what I feel and I want you to be mine
Tell me what you’re feeling, is it the same/If I get hurt, you won’t be to blame.”

Amy looks at the audience with a huge smile upon her face, her red hair shining brightly underneath the spotlight of the stage as Adam plays an acoustic filler alongside Justin, Amy slowly edges even closer to the front of the stage, she sway’s her arms from side to side once more and shouts, “I wanna hear you sing!”, the crowd cheer again at this comment and as the song’s chorus arrives, almost the whole one hundred and fifty thousand people in front of Amy and the rest of Riot! In The Boulevard erupt once more as they bellow out the songs chorus ferociously back to the band;

“So if it takes a moment to like/And an hour to love
A lifetime to forget/Then it’s easier to regret
If I’m tearing apart at the seams/If your longing to be in my dreams
If I want to feel free/I’ll need your love to comfort me
So if it takes a moment to like/And an hour to love
A lifetime to forget/Then it’s easier to regret.”

UserPostedImage

The song fades out with the soft acoustic twang of Justin and Adam’s guitar and they replace their acoustic guitars once more with the electric guitars, they adjust the strings slightly and both walk over towards each other and stand facing each other, they look at each other when Justin starts to play a little riff, Adam looks at the audience and arrogantly points at Justin and shrugs his shoulders before playing a little riff, Justin smirks and shakes his head as he then plays another riff but Adam once more looks at the audience and raises his hands in the air to encourage them to cheer him on, which they duly oblige and Adam turns and starts walking towards the front of the stage while playing a riff, Justin then begins walking towards the front of the stage too, also playing a riff and the they both look at each other and shrug their arms before playing into the opening riff to the next song.

As the drums powerful beat signals the introduction and the bass riff begins from Jason Greenberg, Adam and Justin step back slightly with Amy stood between them as they play the electric guitar riff to the song, Amy holds the microphone close to her mouth and brushes her glimmering red hair out of her eyes, she stares far out into the audience and introduces the song, “This is a song that I think we can all relate to, It’s called ‘Remember Me As A Place In Time’” She says, the echoing sound of her voice amidst the extended guitar introduction and audience cheers is quite an eerie natured feeling, “Sometimes we lose people from our lives as we grow older, we just lose touch with people for whatever reason, maybe with work or family or studies, whatever it is we just lose them.” She sighs a little before continuing, “But every now and again something triggers deep within us that reminds you of them, it could be a photograph or a place or a movie or a song.”
She lowers her head slightly and continues once more, “And it can be difficult to let go, you wonder where they are and how they’re doing … if they ever still think about you. It’s just one of those things that happens with growing up, I’m sure we’ve all felt it at some point in our life and it’s hard because missing someone is one of the most painful things to deal with … But we have to deal with it because it’s part of life, we all miss somebody sometimes and sometimes it helps to cry”
She raises her head and stands confidently, pushing out her chest like a warrior with a look of determination mixed with sadness in her eyes, she closes her eyes for a couple of seconds before continuing, “But sometimes … sometimes it helps to let out your frustrations and scream … scream at the top of your voice about how you really feel.” She looks around at the large crowd in front of her, “So If you’ve ever felt like you’ve lost someone or if you’ve ever felt abandoned and scared and alone and worried, if you’ve ever felt hard done by and angry, if you’ve ever felt like you don’t belong, if you’ve ever felt hurt and depressed, if you’ve ever felt like nothing, if you’ve ever felt cold and worthless without friends, if you’ve ever felt like you deserve to be remembered but aren’t, if you’ve ever felt any of this then I want you to sing this song back to me.” She stands center stage with the audience hanging onto her every word before she continues once more, “I want you to sing this song back to me, I want you to sing it, so loud that everyone that’s ever hurt you will hear it!!”, And with that rallying cry from Amy the band lead into the opening lyrics of the song as Amy and the 150,000 capacity crowd bellow out the lyrics together in full voice;

“Hello my former friend/It’s nice to see you here again
What brings you back around these parts/Are you here to see the broken heart you left
Does it make you feel guilty, lonely and bereft/Does it make you feel sad, knowing what you’ve done
With those words that you said, does it make you feel numb
Remember that smile that you loved so much/Remember how my hands would shake when we’d touch
Remember that feeling when we were together/It’s the feeling that I wanted forever”

The audience echo the sentiments back to Amy in full voice, her rallying cry seems to have ignited a fire within the vast majority of the crowd, their voices combined with Amy’s and the instrumental backdrop create a thunderous roar within the venue and its surrounding areas and you can’t help but feel compelled by the experience as close to one hundred and fifty thousand people who have been hurt at some stage in their life come together to create a sound that may probably never be heard again, Amy is almost the image of a desolate pariah stood center stage with only her band mates, but gathered in front of her are the people willing to listen to her and take her as their prophet, after a brief instrumental break in the song, the lyrics return to the lips of the energetic front woman and her audience of disciples;

“My friends looked down on me with pity in their eyes/They don’t know the pain that comes with goodbye’s
A million words would not bring you back/I know because I tried
Neither would a million tears/I know because I cried
I just kept telling myself/The memories are worth the pain
But it was just no use to me/I knew I wouldn’t see you again.”

Again the audience roar with ferocity at the lyrics and the comfort of these five musicians onstage in front of an audience of this magnitude is remarkable, the fact that the leader, the often talked about ‘Voice of her generation’ lead singer Amy Meyer is still only 18 years old makes the situation that we find ourselves in even more remarkable, not only the control of the audience who at this point are eating out of the palm of her hand but also the energy to perform a vast range of the band’s music without any problems is an incredible feat and judging from this performance, you’d find it hard to believe that they only have two album’s worth of material to draw upon, the fact that the audience have sung along almost word for word throughout this headlining performance is a testament to the quality of work that they have, it’s difficult to find the peak moment of a concert but the epic roar of this song would certainly be up there as the crowd roar furiously again through the songs final set of lyrics along with Amy;

“Will you remember me as a place in time/Brought together as our souls entwined
Will you remember me with a smile on my face/Will you remember me as a time and place
So I’ll just take a deep breath and fake a smile/Keep telling myself it was all worthwhile
But when it’s late at night and I’m wide awake/And I’m fighting those feelings that I just can’t shake
I’ll remember you as a place in time/When we were brought together as our souls entwined
If you remember me in a picture that’s true/that’s the way I’ll remember you!”

The emotional and sombre lyrics that close the song has created an almost instantly vulnerable feeling within the crowd, lights and cell phones were raised in the air with arms being swayed from side to side as Amy and the crowd came together in unison for quite possibly the most emotional moment of the entire festival, any people that considered the band too inexperienced to be headlining the final day of the festival have been proven wrong and anybody that has ever dismissed ‘Riot! In The Boulevard’ as just another emo teen rock band have surely been proven entirely wrong as they’ve shown not only a maturity in their song lyrics but the ability to hold a crowd over an extended period of time, you’d have to say on the basis of this performance alone that it’s time to say goodbye to supporting slots on tours and a big hello to headlining their own world tours, they’ve definitely proven to be capable so far.
thanks 1 user thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 27/09/2012(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#3 Posted : 26 September 2012 23:10:20(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

RIOT! IN THE BOULEVARD
FIELD TRIP FESTIVAL 2012 [HEADLINERS] (PART 2)

The Rules Of Love And The Games You Play/The Echoes Of My Soul/All The Stars And Boulevards

UserPostedImage

As the audience slowly quieten down a little after the emphatic nature of the previous song, Nathan Mullen begins to play a loud and adventurous drum solo or could perhaps be seen as an extended introduction to the next song and after almost three minutes of freestyle drumming, Adam Benjamin joins in as he plays the opening riff to the next song on his guitar and is quickly joined by Justin and Jason which concludes the extended introduction and has now became what is a familiar opening, particularly to the die-hard ‘Riot! In The Boulevard’ fans that are in the audience, as the song progresses towards the opening lyrics of the song, Amy is sat on an amplifier as begins singing the opening lyrics, although it’s more like she’s talking fast rather than singing on the first verse of the song;

“My mind is in a different place these days/It’s like I’m tangled in your web and I can’t get out
I’m losing strength right now and I’m struggling to shout/Because I just can’t seem to figure you out
One moment you’re crazy about me/And the next I barely seem to exist
One moment, you wrap your arms around me/Then your pulling away from my lips
I’m just worried of losing you/It’s not something that I’d choose to do
I’m trying my hardest right now, but it looks like I’m gonna lose/It seems like I’m not enough anymore”

As the band slow down the pace of the song, almost to a standstill, Amy takes the instrumental break as an opportunity to address the song and perhaps even an insight into her own deep lying emotions, she raises her head slightly, not quite managing to out on a smile in this moment as she says, “It’s funny how your own song lyrics can come back to haunt you, huh?” She stands up from the amplifier and walks backwards slightly, closer to Adam, Justin and Jason and shouts, “Let’s do this!” and they begin to play with a heavier and more raucous rock sound as the chorus arrives, Amy begins jumping up and down and moving around the stage as she starts to scream out the chorus;

“These are the rules of love and the games you play/It drives me crazy every single day
But I guess these are the rules of love and the games you play/If we’re gonna be together then I’ll have to get used to it someday
I’m just worried of losing you/Because that’s not something I’d choose to do
I’m trying my hardest but it’s getting too tough/It seems like maybe I’m not enough”

She stops jumping up and down and moving around with energy as the music breaks down for a brief moment for the next small set of lyrics, she edges closer and closer to the front of the stage and addresses the audience, “These words are probably the most important and honest words that I’ve ever written in my life, and sometimes it doesn’t have to be articulate or deep and meaningful and full of metaphors, sometimes it’s just gotta be honest and real and this next line is very real to me … so I’m gonna need you to help me sing them, if you know them.” She closes her eyes, clearly gripping the microphone tightly as she prepares herself for the next set of lyrics, she opens her mouth and bellows out the following words, “Love is a word that can die/if we use it too much/But you see, the problem is/We don’t use it nearly enough” she opens her eyes again and smiles as she was joined once more in chorus by the vast majority of the crowd, the band play out the rest of the song with their trademark energy and enthusiasm.

UserPostedImage

Adam Benjamin walks over towards the front of the stage with his guitar hanging low over his shoulders, he continues to walk forward and begins playing a powerful opening guitar riff as he stands next to Amy, she watches him play the opening guitar riff and turns to signal the drum beat from Nathan, as the drum beat begins Justin and Jason start playing their guitar parts of the song, Amy stands confidently, her small frame looking incredible out shadowed by the magnitude of the audience in front of her and the huge stage that herself and her band mates have inhabited for the evening’s entertainment, she lifts the red microphone up towards her mouth and starts swinging her arm in the air while she begins singing the opening lines to the song with the fiery nature that we’ve come to expect;

“A huge insecurity burning deep inside/As I try to bury this pain, it’s impossible to hide
Instead they move up to the surface, threatening to break free/Threatening to tell the world, who I used to be
Is this pain really here, or is it all in my head/Will this worry last, I could tell the world instead
It brings me back to that place and the truth I have to face/Instead of living, I’m dying slow, instead of coming, I’ve gotta go”

She shouts out the words to the backdrop of the screaming audience and powerfully intense guitar riffs, she raises her hand in the air and shakes her head up and down, as the music progress she runs to the left side of the stage and encourages the audience to jump up and down, as they respond emphatically by doing so, she then runs across to the right side of the stage and encourages those in that vicinity to do the same and they respond in the same way. With a smile on her face she makes her way back to the center of the stage and begins jumping up and down along with the vast majority of the crowd as she starts singing once more;

“So if you believe what you want/Can someday come true
Open your heart and mind to the possibility of it all/And it will make its way to you
You may get what your wishing for as long as you believe/So make a wish and you will receive
The world is full of magic, if you open up your mind/You could be surprised with what you see
Surprised with what you find/So this is not the end of your dreams, this is just the start
Believe in the echoes of your soul/Believe it with all of your heart.”

The previous song ends on a sombre note as the music slowly and softly fades out before the guitarists rapidly play into the opening of the next song, another from their self-titled debut and it’s energy and modern guitar sounds mix perfectly with its lyrics and tender but fiery lead vocals from Amy. Jason, Adam and Justin use the stage to its fullest as they move around with confidence and as Adam and Justin run past each other and entertain the left side of the audience and the right side of the audience respectively, Amy stands center stage and begins jumping up and down and run back and forth slightly as she sings the opening lyrics to the song along with the audience;

“Sleeping on the grass, looking up at the moon/Letting my mind wander free tonight because we’ll be gone soon
So sit beside me and we’ll sing underneath the stars/I’ll give you the backing vocals, you can play guitar
A Loveletter unopened, is a Loveletter unwritten/It’s not vampire’s and werewolf’s I refuse to be bitten
So with a heart of stone, I will soon die/Will I buried in the ground or an angel in the sky
I’ve never felt love and I never want to/Forget about confessing your deepest emotions, that’s not what I ask from you
So find yourself someone with a heart of gold/Find someone to turn to”

A blistering guitar solo mid-way through the song by Justin Mullen has the audience cheering hugely and jumping up and down as the attention falls onto another member of the band other than Amy, something that has happened more often since the release of their debut album but of course it isn’t long until the spotlight falls back onto the red-haired starlet standing front and center but it seems like the band are comfortable with that, in fact it appears that the rest of the band prefer it that way as it gives a freedom for the rest of the group to express themselves without any pressure, as the guitar solo ends and the instrumentation gets back on track for the chorus, Amy takes the reigns once more and encourages the audience to “Scream so loud that everybody back home can hear you tonight!”;

“Some say love can conquer all/But it seems to set you up to fall
So forgive me for being heartless to you/But it’s for your own good, at least I’m being true
I’m gonna be leaving here tomorrow/So forget about me, forget about your sorrow
I’ll kiss you once, before I go/But after that, it’s no more
So look into your soul, you’ll see what’s on the cards/And for one night only, we’ll look up to
All the stars and boulevards/All the stars and boulevards”

As the guitar parts end along with Amy and the crowd’s vocals, it’s just left to the crashing of the drum cymbals to signal the very end of the song and with three powerful strikes the song ends and with it also seemingly the performance from ‘Riot! In The Boulevard’. Amy steps backwards a little and raises her arms out and is quickly accompanied by Jason and Justin on her left and Adam and Nathan on her right, they have their arms outstretched and connection together as they take a couple of steps forward to bask in their triumphant headlining set and they take a bow amidst the roaring cheers from the capacity crowd with huge expressive smiles on their faces as they leave the stage one by one, each of them raising their hands in appreciation of the efforts put in by the crowd the likely happens as they bellow out the name and begin chanting ‘Riot!’ in their large numbers.

All The Non-Believers/Sweet Little Fantasy’s

UserPostedImage

A couple of moments pass before Amy makes her way back onto the stage, she stands on one of the amplifiers at the front of the stage and sways her arms back and forth before bringing the microphone up to her mouth, “England!” she roars, “You’ve been truly incredible tonight and we cannot thank you enough for sticking with us throughout the past three hours, this has been the most incredible experience we’ve had so far as a band and it’s really all down to you.” She smiles widely, “But we ain’t done yet!” she yells as the crowd erupt, “So I just wanna introduce you all to the best musicians you’ll ever find.” She laughs as the crowd cheer once more, “On drums is the guy who weighed almost 400 pounds when I first met him, but look at him now, rocking out on the drums in front of 150,000 people, ladies and gentlemen … Nathan Mullen!” She screams as Nathan runs back out onstage without a t-shirt this time, he assembles himself at his drum kit and begins to play a drum roll while Amy addresses the crowd.
“On bass guitar is without doubt the coolest man I’ve ever had the privilege of meeting, he’s introduced me to some of the best rock music I’ve ever heard over the years, the amazing … Jason Greenberg!” the crowd cheer again as Jason runs out onstage and begins to play a bass line along with Nathan’s drumroll.
“This next guy is probably one of the most quiet people I’ve ever known, he’s not afraid to voice his opinion and stand up for what he believes in and even though sometimes it’s caused friction between us both I would not have him any other way, we love this guy with all of our hearts, so please give it up for … Justin Mullen!” again the crowd cheer as Justin walks out onstage with his guitar, he walks over towards Amy and gives her a hug and a kiss on the cheek and he then walks across to the left of the stage and begins to play a guitar riff alongside the others.
“And finally, he’s the best friend anyone could possibly ask for, he’s one of the funniest guys you’ll ever meet and when you’re feeling lonely and homesick while touring he’s always there with a hug and a smile, he’s also the saviour of the band. Put your hands together for the wonderful … Adam Benjamin!” the crowd erupt into cheers as he runs out to the center of the stage and begins to play the opening riff to the next song.
Amy begins jumping up and down along with the crowd in front of her and starts singing;

“If you’ve got nothing, nothing worth fighting for/Then pick up your stuff and I’ll show you the door
Don’t ever worry, I’ll be around/I’ll come pick you up when you’re feeling down
And here’s something’s that I’ll say/Don’t ever lose hope, don’t ever worry
Don’t ever lose hope/It’s our love story
Will you still believe in us, if I don’t make a fuss/Will you still believe in us, if I don’t make a fuss”

Amy then runs towards the drum kit and stars jumping up and down, before running from right to left across the stage and throwing her head back and forth as if she was standing in a mosh pit rocking out to her favourite band, the audience are now jumping up and down furiously which is incredible considering how energetic they’ve been throughout the performance and the fact that we’re coming up towards midnight but their energy levels along with the band’s haven’t wavered at any point during this mammoth set and they show no sign of letting up as Amy bellows out the chorus along with the crowd;

“We are all the non-believers/We are just losers and leavers
We are the lovers and breeders/We are all the non-believers
Don’t ever lose hope/Don’t ever worry
Don’t ever lose hope/It’s our love story
We are all the non-believers/We are just losers and leavers
We are the lovers and breeders/We are all the non-believers”

As the song ends with a crash of the drums, the next song quickly begins with the hugely recognisable guitar introduction and fast-paced drumming by Nathan Mullen, Amy throws herself around the stage with massive energy levels almost as if she’s lost herself in the moment, she runs across to the front of the stage and jumps up onto an amplifier again and waves her arms back and forth as she begins singing the famous opening lines to what has always been seen as the bands biggest hit;

“She wears her hair down low/She walks the streets once more
She writes up little fairytales in her head/It’s so tragic because they always end up dead
She’s got sweet little fantasies of running away with me/She’s got sweet little fantasies of coming away with me
They said her face, could launch a thousand ships/They guys were desperate to kiss her red lips
Instead she walks the streets at night, looking for tips/Show some skin once more and we’ll call it quits”

As Amy jumps up and down and runs around the stage with boundless energy, you can’t help wonder how someone so small can provide so much power and effort, the time frame of the red-haired front woman even in comparison to her band mates looks so small, not to mention in comparison with the size of the stage that they’re performing on, but it’s not something that is even a slight issue with the way that she uses the stage and throws herself around so comfortably and then as the thunderous drum beats signal the chorus, Amy jumps in the air and drops to the floor and she screams, “England” before singing;

“It’s all just a game they play/They’ll play it until your old and grey
They’ll mess with your head tonight/They’ll scream louder, “Hold on tight!”
I’ve got sweet little fantasies/Running away with me
Those sweet little fantasies/Are coming away with me
But tonight, your all alone/Your castle has turned into a home
There’s cracks in the fabrics and tears in their beers/You think you’d have learnt this time, that girl ain’t worth a dime
With sweet little fantasies/Running away with me
Sweet little fantasies/You can’t take them away from me.”

And with that, Amy stands to her feet as the band finishes the instrumentation to the song and they gather together at the center of the stage, they raise their hands in the air to the crowd and take a couple of moments to take in the magnitude of what they’ve just experience, They all bow once more and continue to stand together with a look of amazement and relief on their faces as the crowd beckon out the name “Riot! Riot! Riot!” and their joy and enthusiasm is evidently clear, there’s also a tinge of emotion on their faces but the lasting impression on the audience or anybody who questions them as just a teenage rock band will have surely changed after this performance, they aren’t just a teenage rock band anymore, their ages shouldn’t come into your thoughts anymore and despite Amy not turning 19 years old for another month it’s clear that they’ve proven that they’re more than just a group of teenage misfits and losers but instead they’re already a rock band that could become one of the greats, that’s in their own hands and as of right now they’ve already proven to be the most influential band of their generation.

SETLIST;
Something Old, Something New
Twilight Of My Youth
Kiss Goodbye To The Harvest Moon
Dear Diary
A Moment, An Hour, A Lifetime
Remember Me As A Place In Time
The Rules Of Love And The Games You Play
The Echoes Of My Soul
All The Stars And Boulevards

ENCORE;
All The Non-Believers
Sweet Little Fantasy’s
Offline C4AJoh  
#4 Posted : 26 September 2012 23:13:17(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

RIOT! IN THE BOULEVARD – THE INTERVIEW

Amy Meyer
Adam Benjamin
Justin Mullen
Jason Greenberg
Nathan Mullen

* This interview was recorded at the beginning of August. *

UserPostedImage

This will be your first ever live release, do you have any apprehensions with the release of something that doesn’t bring new material to the table?

Amy: “It’s definitely an interesting prospect for us, we’ve covered so much ground already that we’re always looking at new things to try out and this would be one of those new things. It’s exciting for us on a creative level because we’ve had the opportunity to sit in the studio and put almost all of the video footage of our performance together which has been real fun and it’s a chance for us to relive what we’d probably consider to be our biggest and best live performance.”

Jason: “Everything you do can become scrutinised, so I think it’s important to not put too much thought into things like that, if we feel like it’s got the potential to be something really great then we’re happy to take on the challenge. I mean I could see why people may think it’s just an easy option to put out a live album, but we’ve put a lot of time and effort into the release, we’ve been in the studio and we’ve worked out the contents of the DVD shot by shot to give the best impact and attempt in some way to recreate the energy of that live performance on video and I think we have achieved that.”

You talked about how you want to try new things, why exactly? You could just sit around and enjoy your life now without putting much work into anything.

Justin: “That’s not really an option though, yeah so we may have sold way over 10 million records but it’s important to not let that effect what you do, you know? Like you say we could sit around and do nothing, we could buy Malibu beach houses and lay out in the sun for the rest of our lives but it’s not about that for us, we didn’t wanna be in the industry so we could get rich quick, we wanted to make music and put in the effort to make a long standing career out of our abilities, however limited they may be, and I think we’ve already proven that we’re willing to put in the effort to have the sort of longevity that you don’t see so much of in the music industry these days.”

Adam: “He’s not saying that the Malibu beach houses and sunbathing aren’t an option in the future though, ain’t nobody gonna trample on that dream of mine. But we wanna have this incredible back catalogue of music to look back on, not when we’re twenty five and too lazy to work but when we’re like sixty five and we’re about to hit the road for the ten millionth time and we need to work on a Setlist that covers our long and distinguished career as a band. We’re not gonna just let something like this die, I mean, my plan is to actually die onstage with these four people around me, it could be something that happens in November or something that happens in another forty years, who knows.”

Does it not seem a little crazy to look that far ahead, you guys aren’t even twenty years old yet but you still find yourself looking far ahead.

Amy: “Perhaps, you’ve got to have something to aim towards, the way I see it is that if we make five albums together as a band and just break up and go do other things then in my opinion this would be a band that is unfulfilled, as a fan of music I want to fall in love with a band passionately and to have that it has to be a long term thing, I don’t wanna fall in love with some band that has a couple of hits and just disappears, I wanna fall in love with a band that creates a lasting legacy and that’s the aim here, I know there’s always gonna be rumours flying around online and stuff that question how long we’ll last because I think we’re expected to burn out pretty soon, I don’t see that happening though”

Nathan: “I think it just comes down to creativity, if it gets stale then you put an end to it and you go off and do other things. Creativity is one of the most important things, we don’t wanna keep repeating ourselves with each new record that we make and I think the whole process of creating a new album is a lot more difficult that people seem to think. The fact is that first and foremost we are best friends, we’re young and we have dreams and we envision ourselves being around for a long time. That’s it, really.”

You spoke then about the difficulties of preparing to write and record a new album, that’s the process that you guys are in right now, how is that going?

Jason: “We’re about five days into the recording sessions for our third album and we haven’t had an argument yet, it’s going very well so far, we haven’t laid down instrumentation or vocals yet because we’re working hard on crafting the songs before the actual recording begins but we’ve probably spent every minute of the last five days in the studio together and we’re yet to argue, I’m pretty proud of that achievement.”

Adam: “Yaaaay, look at us growing up!”

Amy: “ [laughs] It’s true that when we are put into a recording studio together we fight a lot, I’d say over half of the recording time on our previous album was spent arguing with each other, but so far so good. We’ve probably jinxed it now [laughs] but we’re working extremely hard to find the bulk of songs that will form the next record, some things that we’ve written have been thrown out because they don’t bring anything new to the table, but there’s a bunch of songs that we have already that we’ve fallen in love with and hopefully by the end of September we’ll have a huge task of deciding what goes on the album and what doesn’t.”

Not only have you had the critical and commercial success that comes with charts, reviews, public opinion and such but you’ve also won a number of awards already, more recently you took home the ‘Best Band’ award at the Fan Choice Awards, how important are awards to you guys?

Justin: “It’s always a very nice thing to be acknowledged for your work in that way, although I feel like I should state the fact that awards and number #1 singles don’t really define you as a musician or as a band or artist. Of course it’s incredibly humbling to be rewarded on such a huge scale as like you stated ‘The Fan Choice Awards’ and we treasure those moments, but I think if you said to us “you can have a steady forty or fifty year music career in which you don’t win anything or have mainstream success” or “You can have a brief four year music career that brings countless number #1 singles and albums as well as awards and recognition” I’d definitely take the first option, I think there’s too much focus on the glory of it all sometimes.”

Amy: “I agree with that, I think the focus on achievements and hits and awards should really be something that the people in suits at the label should be worried about, it’s a complicated thing because once you’ve hit your peak there’s nowhere to go but down, which I think is why we don’t set ourselves any goals in that aspect because once we’ve achieved them then it’s just a case of “What next?” … you know?”

Let’s talk briefly about touring and performing live, clearly it’s something that you enjoy as it seems to be the main focus of your lives and obviously the main focus of the DVD, what is it about live performance and touring that you enjoy so much?

Jason: “For me, it’s about getting out there onstage and seeing how new songs transmit and intersperse with the older more familiar songs, feeding of the reaction from the crowds while that almighty bright spotlight is shining down on us, it’s an irreplaceable high and something that not only dominates our career but pretty much dominates our lives. A week ago I found myself on a Sunday morning, sitting at home on the sofa, with only my shorts on, a remote control in one hand and a bowl of cereal in the other and I was completely bored out of my mind, that used to be my idea of perfection”

Adam: “Dude! What’s wrong with you? … that just sounds like a Friday night to me, rock on brotha, rock on!”

Amy: “In terms of the DVD, I think the main thing was for us to translate that incredible evening to the screen, in the hopes that those fans that have been unable to see us perform live in the past for whatever reason will get to get a glimpse into what a live show from Riot! is like and I think the idea of putting together a live CD/DVD was something that was mention back in 2011 but didn’t give it all that much consideration, however once we performed at the Field Trip Festival it was clear that if we are gonna do this then that’s the concert that we’ve gotta highlight because for me it was definitely our best performance in our small existence as a band.”

And what made the Field Trip performance stand out more than any other previous performances, was it the simple fact of the largest audience you’ve ever played in front of or was it something a little more than that?

Amy: “I think everything was just set perfectly for that performance, we were at the end of the tour with Lily and so although this performance wasn’t a part of that tour it definitely felt like it was our chance to say a brief goodbye to the fans and we wanted to do that in the best possible way, it was in front of over one hundred and fifty thousand people and everything just fell perfectly for us, it was definitely a memory that I won’t be able to forget and now it’s a memory that we can all relive over and over again if we wanted to. Also the fact that we played the festival the previous year and we were sort of new and upcoming, I think we were given the three-thirty performance slot on the Sunday afternoon and we got about thirty minutes and managed to just about perform four songs to maybe two hundred people and then a year later and we’re headlining the Sunday evening slot in front of the biggest audience we’ve ever perform to and it was a little emotional too, it was like insane and maybe it capture the magnitude of the previous year and just how far we had come in order to be in that position.”

Being a young band, you’re all likely to go through difficult periods and we heard earlier in the year about tensions running high between you guys, how do you deal with that sort of thing?

Jason: “Arguments and disagreements are always gonna happen because we aren’t always gonna have the same opinion as each other and therefore we’re likely to disagree with each other, it’s true that there was a moment around February this year when we avoided each other, it was a few weeks before we were set to go on tour and myself, Justin and Nathan felt that we shouldn’t be going back out on such a major tour so soon which led to us falling out with Amy who, obviously is insanely ambitious but we worked through things with the help of Adam locking us in a room together.”

Adam: “[laughs] Yeah, well I figured you’d either talk things through with each other and work things out or you’d kill each other, I wasn’t all that bothered which of those events occurred so long as I got some quietness. Amy’s extremely infuriating at times simply because of her work ethic, she’s yet to understand that we sometimes need to take a little break every now and then, but we love her very much and the guys managed to work through their frustrations and we’re probably as close a group as we’ve ever been right now.”

Amy: “See, they can be sweet when they want to be [laughs]”

Was it true that you came close to breaking the band up?

Nathan: “Yeah, Justin called me at like 3:30 one morning and said that he’s not going on the tour that we had been announced on and so the next day I made sure I spoke to him and I basically said that if he doesn’t take part in this tour then he’s pretty much done with the band and thankfully he changed his mind”

Justin: “I don’t think people realise just how much effort goes into what we’ve done as a band, our first record was an indication of how much hard work we’re gonna have to take part in because we were recording from eight in the morning right the way through to eleven at night, we slept in the studio a couple of times and then you think once the album is finished you can sort of relax and enjoy a little break, but you’ve gotta get back on the road and start performing these new songs and before that, you’ve gotta promote the album and rehearse for the tour and so it takes it out of you, you don’t have time for a love life which is something that I came to realise pretty quickly and it’s difficult, I’m not saying it’s a terrible way of living, I’m more than aware of how insanely privileged I am but it’s not all glory and sunshine, it’s incredibly hard work, you no longer have a home for a six or seven month period of touring and recording, I wouldn’t change it for the world but it’s not as easy as some may think.”

And the hard work won’t stop there, you’ve finished the direction and production of the concert CD/DVD and you’re already back in a recording studio working on the third studio album, I’m sure that the hard work pays off and your future will benefit greatly from it, Riot! In The Boulevard!, thank you for your time.
Offline genocidal king  
#5 Posted : 27 September 2012 00:39:04(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
Scott RH: In many years to come, people will look back on Riot! as the forefathers (and mother) of something massive. This band will have an influence that will far outlive our generation, in the same way that Led Zeppelin or, as much as it pains me to say it, The Beatles, have done in the past. You guys carved your own path through music without being just like everyone else,and it is wildly amazing. I never got the chance to catch this show first time around, but I gave myself some time to sit down and watch it, and it really was outstanding. The energy you convey and receive from your fans, and the way you all perform is perfect. I loved it. A huge hand to you guys.

OOC: Great read.
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked genocidal king for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 27/09/2012(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#6 Posted : 27 September 2012 00:54:04(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: genocidal king Go to Quoted Post
Scott RH: In many years to come, people will look back on Riot! as the forefathers (and mother) of something massive. This band will have an influence that will far outlive our generation, in the same way that Led Zeppelin or, as much as it pains me to say it, The Beatles, have done in the past. You guys carved your own path through music without being just like everyone else,and it is wildly amazing. I never got the chance to catch this show first time around, but I gave myself some time to sit down and watch it, and it really was outstanding. The energy you convey and receive from your fans, and the way you all perform is perfect. I loved it. A huge hand to you guys.

OOC: Great read.

Amy: Woaaah! That's like one of the biggest statements anyone could make about another band, to mention us in the same breath as a band like Zeppelin is well ... put it this way, if you were anyone other than a music god then I'd be giving you the number to a medical specialist because I'd have been sure that you are certifiably insane :P but because it's you, I wouldn't even question it because you've seen bands come and go over the years and I'm pretty certain that you have incredible judgements when it comes to the industry, so instead of giving you that number I'll just instead thank you for such a statement and hope that we can live up to that sort of expectation in the future, thank you once again, it means the world to us especially coming from someone of the stature yourself!

OOC: Thanks man, I really appreciate it :)

Offline RoseJapanFan  
#7 Posted : 27 September 2012 01:55:03(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
Lily: Somewhere all the Riot! fans are crying tears of joy and are very prideful of such an amazing band. You guys have certainly made your mark in music and you didn't need the controversy to do it, it was just pure music. People always remember the music.
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
Offline Mckenzie-  
#8 Posted : 27 September 2012 03:03:45(UTC)
Mckenzie-

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 1511 time(s) in 943 post(s)
Ryan: You guys have always been a band that we look up to, despite being a few years younger than us all! Age means nothing though when it comes to talent and that my friends, you have in abundance. We were lucky enough to catch you guys at Field Trip this year and everytime we see you, you just keeps getting better. Your chemistry and energy on stage is something for us to relish, the way you can control the crowd and interact whilst playing is fantastic! We've always had the same path or been on the same road as each other (both albums were released around the same time and we're now also recording) but you guys are always a band that we'll turn around and listen to on any occasion. Long live Riot! may you continue playing together for a long, long time.

OOC: Excellent work with the whole album + interview.
retired x
thanks 1 user thanked Mckenzie- for this useful post.
Offline Moquel  
#9 Posted : 27 September 2012 06:25:43(UTC)
Moquel

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1391 time(s) in 964 post(s)

Radio: So happy to see an band doing an live album because it's so refreshing getting to see the raw vocals and just talent on stage heard on an full-length album. Good luck! xo.
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked Moquel for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 28/09/2012(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#10 Posted : 28 September 2012 01:15:38(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: RoseJapanFan Go to Quoted Post
Lily: Somewhere all the Riot! fans are crying tears of joy and are very prideful of such an amazing band. You guys have certainly made your mark in music and you didn't need the controversy to do it, it was just pure music. People always remember the music.

Amy: Thanks Lily, I'd hope that our fans can feel proud of their favourite band, I'd like to think that we are good influences on them in some way and hopefully show newer bands that you can actually become sort of succesfull without creating any sort of controversy, hopefully it makes people believe in music once more and that music is the most powerful art form, that's the hope anyway
Offline C4AJoh  
#11 Posted : 28 September 2012 01:21:43(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: Mckenzie- Go to Quoted Post
Ryan: You guys have always been a band that we look up to, despite being a few years younger than us all! Age means nothing though when it comes to talent and that my friends, you have in abundance. We were lucky enough to catch you guys at Field Trip this year and everytime we see you, you just keeps getting better. Your chemistry and energy on stage is something for us to relish, the way you can control the crowd and interact whilst playing is fantastic! We've always had the same path or been on the same road as each other (both albums were released around the same time and we're now also recording) but you guys are always a band that we'll turn around and listen to on any occasion. Long live Riot! may you continue playing together for a long, long time.

OOC: Excellent work with the whole album + interview.

Adam: Thanks man, that means a whole lot to us because you're a band that we respect greatly, we look up to you guys just as much as any other act and the way that you carry yourself and make it all about the music is something that we admire greatly and hopefully have in common with each other, it's great to be part of an industry alongside people like yourself and hopefully we can all leave a lasting impression, and hey, if we're both still making music into our old age then I couldn't choose a better band to grow old alongside, haha. Seriously though, we appreciate your support hugely and hope that we can continue to travel down that very same road as yourselves!

OOC: Thanks, I'm glad that you enjoyed it!
Offline C4AJoh  
#12 Posted : 28 September 2012 01:22:57(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: Moquel Go to Quoted Post

Radio: So happy to see an band doing an live album because it's so refreshing getting to see the raw vocals and just talent on stage heard on an full-length album. Good luck! xo.

Amy: Thanks Ms Vine, I'm glad that you liked the idea of it, it's something we haven't done before, so it's always nice to hear that people are enjoying it :)