logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Andre Gandra  
#1 Posted : 20 November 2020 12:51:03(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 3513 time(s) in 1683 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Title: “Killing me Softly”
Release Date: November 20, 2020
Genres: Electronic (Incorporate elements of Deep House and Techno subgenres), Ambient pop, Indie pop
Length: 35:62
Label: Independent
Executive Producers: Magie Lena, Drake Anton Zaslavsky (mISTER_b)
Songwriters: Magie Lena, Lily Stuart, Abie Lena, Drake Anton Zaslavsky (mISTER_b)
Song Producers: mISTER_b, ElectroLightz

Background Information

“Killing me Soflty” is the third studio album by Brazilian born singer Magie Lena, it’s also her comeback to music scene after a four years hiatus which Miss Lena had been undercover living a normal life in her hometown, a port city on the South Coast of Brazil. During her years of absence she has married and had her first son who’s four years old now, recently she has moved back to L.A. with her son after her marriage split due to irreconcilable differences alleged on her side. The music produced for the record is a compilation of all the experiences she had lived ever since.

It was entirely produced independently having Magie as the executive producer of the project alongside her lifetime friend Drake Anton Zaslavsky aka “mISTER_b”. The first announcement made for the record was the buzz single “Revisiting” released in October, the follow up lead single “Anger” was released in November with the support of a B-side entitled “Is it hard for you too” which ended up receiving widespread acclaim for its lyrics and sound.

The album is being released in a standard format in all digital platforms with a total of ten tracks all co-written by Lena and Lily Stuart her formed fellow group member back at the days of ElectroDeath. Production on the tracks were done by mISTER_b and ElectroLightz, the last one being a team of three producers part of her management team which has also been working with the singer since her debut solo album “Remember me”. The album is being released without the support of a record label and it marks a shift on Miss Lena’s career.

Sound wise this album is mainly electronic, but it also incorporates elements of other genres such as indie pop music, ambient and oriental sounds with a touch of modern moody melodies. Miss Lena delivers a mature vocal performance on all tracks, her tone is lower compared to her previous work, she also has provided all the backing vocals presented on the songs, effects on her voice are subtle if not by the fact that in some songs Lena had her timber altered to work as beats or estranged sounds for the tracks.

Lyrically the songs are a compilation of Miss Lena’s analyses and reflections about her personal life and views of the world and society that surrounds her. The topics covered range from abusive relationships, insecurities, death of loved ones, media exposure, loss of control over life, depression, love, resilience and maturity. Lena’s writing skills were always straightforward by the music she had released as a soloist before, but for this album she has worked closely with Lily Stuart and its well perceived in the lyrics with the use of analogies, metaphors, aphorisms and a little spicy sarcasm on songs about abroad topics such as society and media exposition.

The album was named after the 6th song on its track listing, Miss Lena explanation about this title is that the dark, heavy and sometimes depressive topics covered on the songs had been a struggle for her which certainly has made her mature as a woman, at the same time that she felt herself dying little by little. The metaphor of being killed softly meets the realization of the first step taken to become stronger. She also declared that nothing lasts forever and these "mild murders" serve as tools for the person to overcome and reframe what had made her suffer, in search of emotional intelligence and self-knowledge.

Tracklisting

UserPostedImage

Thank you

Quote:
Again I am in the best position that an artist aspires to be, the release of an album. It is necessary to say that no melody or sentence is made by itself, many incredible people are behind the best ideas.
I like to start by thanking the universe, the gods, the goddesses and the spirits of light that guided me in the darkness and catapulted me to maturity and personal growth.
I thank you who are listening to these songs and who have been with me for almost ten years, we grew up together and I am forever grateful for that.
I thank my team of producers, Drake, Mark, Carlos and Melany. The best hits always come out of your creative minds.
My blood sister and my heart sister, Abie and Lily, thank you for the nights of wine, paper and pen.
My loving mother, my late but never forgotten father and most importantly my son, the person I love the most in this world.
I also thank you who made me suffer, love, smile, cry, feel, live fully and imperfectly as a human being too human.

Alternate cover

UserPostedImage

Edited by user 21 November 2020 09:21:29(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

I was gone for a while, but I'm back (not that you care about LOL)
thanks 8 users thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
2001clay on 20/11/2020(UTC), BrownSugar on 20/11/2020(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 20/11/2020(UTC), erich hess on 21/11/2020(UTC), FiveT on 21/11/2020(UTC), C4AJoh on 21/11/2020(UTC), GirlSpice on 22/11/2020(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 25/11/2020(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#2 Posted : 21 November 2020 07:10:23(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

UserPostedImage

Song: Revisiting
Written By: Magie Lena, Lilly Stuart
Produced by: ElectroLightz
Genre: Synthpop, Electropop
Length: 4:09

Song Description

First track of the record is an allusion about coming back to past moments revisiting them in your mind as if they were movies or novels, if you pay attention to the first and second verses, you may find some references of situations in real life such as a “life painted to be a perfect dream” which is about the expectation of marriages, relationships and other human social interactions.
The soft melody of a guitar can be heard as the introductory sound of the track, but in the course of almost five minutes guitar riffs, sax sounds, electronic drums and synthesizers are added to that initial melody, which makes the track overall sound up beating at points but it doesn’t make the sad tone go away completely.
By the end of the track there’s a breakdown hard electronic shift to the track where the drums get heavier and the synths louder. Vocally Miss Lena has given one of her most dramatic performance.
This track was released as the first single of the album and it received a music video where Magie is seen eating burguers.

Lyrics

These things I’ve been dreaming about
These memories that I can’t get rid off
Every night I’m coming back to the beginning
Revisiting
Revisiting

It looks like a forgotten movie
Or a book that was never written
Revisiting
Revisiting

Long ago
A perfect life was planned to be the perfect dream
But as we walked on thin ice our intentions were fading
So much thinking made we waste too much energy
I was afraid of admitting that we’d failed
Instead, I stood the lies that you’d veiled
Drowning deep in an ocean I couldn’t sail

Revisiting
Revisiting

It looks like an old movie
Revisiting
Revisiting

Guess that I was too naive to see the truth
And you made me weak, so that I’d only rely on you
I was blindfolded
Waiting for a miracle
But It would never happen
Never

Revisiting
Revisiting

It looks like an old movie
Revisiting
Revisiting

Single Cover

UserPostedImage

Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

thanks 7 users thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
2001clay on 21/11/2020(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 21/11/2020(UTC), BrownSugar on 21/11/2020(UTC), FiveT on 21/11/2020(UTC), erich hess on 21/11/2020(UTC), GirlSpice on 22/11/2020(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 26/11/2020(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#3 Posted : 21 November 2020 07:24:56(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

UserPostedImage

Song: The Wrong Lane
Written By: Magie Lena, Lilly Stuart
Produced by: mISTER_b
Genre: Electronic, Techno
Length: 4:03

Song description

A keyboard riff accompanied by some high tone vocalization starts this electronic fast tune. The melodic structure of this track is quite simple, it consists of an electronic drum sequence in a mixture of keyboards, synths and programing which makes it also a Techno song. Lena’s vocals are deep in a comfortable zone without any effects but backing vocals also performed by her.
With a smart use of metaphors, it seems that something has gotten out of control in Miss Lena’s life. She pictures herself in the track driving a runaway car in the wrong lane, although she is the driver it seems that she either doesn’t care the cars against her or the warning signs. It’s just a metaphor for the situation of not being in control of your own actions, a human perception of our limits, whether it’s when we are in love or hating someone else.

Lyrics

At 100 km per hour, ‘cause time isn’t ours
Driving in the dark, we’re nothing but a spark
A shooting star sparkling in the night

I’m holding the wheel pretending that I lead
Neglecting the signs of the road ahead of me
I barely hear the horns
When windows are closed, it's easier to ignore ’em

And so, I keep running
I keep on running
‘till I run out of gas
Or ‘till I suddenly crash
And so, I keep running
I keep on running
Just like a runaway car
About to crash in the wrong lane
One last time

Like a runaway car
Like a runaway car
Like a runaway car

If it wasn’t a shame, I’d believe or pretend
That It would be ok to drive in the wrong lane
But there’s always a red light
For a long-winded mind

It’s easy to see if you’re the passenger
But it's hard to see when you’re the driver
And there’s always a stopping sign
Telling me it’s time to slow down

But I just keep running
I keep on running
‘till I run out of gas
And so, I keep running
I keep on running
Just like a runaway car
One last time

And so, I keep running
I keep on running
‘till I run out of gas
And so, I keep running
I keep on running
Just like a runaway car
One last time

Like a runaway car
Like a runaway car
Like a runaway car

Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

2001clay on 21/11/2020(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 21/11/2020(UTC), BrownSugar on 21/11/2020(UTC), FiveT on 21/11/2020(UTC), erich hess on 21/11/2020(UTC), GirlSpice on 22/11/2020(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 26/11/2020(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#4 Posted : 21 November 2020 07:41:36(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

UserPostedImage

Song: The weight of the world
Written by: Magie Lena, Abie Lena
Genre: House
Length: 3:36

Song Description

Miss Lena has delivered one of the most personal tracks of the album with “Weight of the world”. She opened up about her selfishness saying through the lines of this track that she has been the one who was used to say the goodbyes. However as the song goes by she reveals that deep down she was just trying to find a savior for her own insecurities and lack of confidence, when she finally met that person the weight of her shoulder had been taken away.
Melodically this track is a house electronic pop song, it has a very common programmed drum throughout the 3 minutes and a half or its length, Its also something that we would have recognized as mISTER_b’s producing due to the usage of repetitive house beats and the slower BPM which has almost transformed this track to an actual deep house than just house overall.

Lyrics

(The weight of the world)

I hid behind cries and catchphrases
I regret them
In fact, I was careless about what they meant
Words in vain

I also thought I was always right
Saying the goodbyes
Speaking words that were meaningless
I built a character for the play
My disgrace

I wanted to be saved
From the fears of the day
And you could’ve been the one
To make me feel safe
You were Ready to heal me
From my worst pains
And you took off my shoulders
The weight of world
I was lost in the chaos I’d done by my own
And I couldn’t scape that vicious cycle
You could’ve been the one
You were ready to heal me
You took off my shoulders
The weight of the world

The weight of the world

The weight of the world

You came in and I fell in love
All at once
I didn’t have a shot against your charm
I was lost

I said that I was ready to love
One month and I was yours
You said that I was pretty and sad
You knew that
I let you in by lowering my guard
You had my heart

I wanted to be saved
From the fears of the day
And you could’ve been the one
To make me feel safe
From my worst pains
And you took off my shoulders
The weight of world
I was lost in the chaos I’d done by my own
And I couldn’t see any other future at all
You could’ve been the one
The weight of the world

The weight of the world

The weight of the world

Edited by user 21 November 2020 07:43:26(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

BrownSugar on 21/11/2020(UTC), 2001clay on 21/11/2020(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 21/11/2020(UTC), FiveT on 21/11/2020(UTC), erich hess on 21/11/2020(UTC), GirlSpice on 22/11/2020(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 26/11/2020(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#5 Posted : 21 November 2020 07:51:33(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

UserPostedImage

Song: Is it hard for you too?
Written By: Magie Lena and Lily Stuart
Genre: Electropop
Length: 3:12

Song Description

Ambient sounds mixed with an oriental vocalization starts this track, which leads to miss Lena’s layered vocals. If it wasn’t for the bass line and the electronic drums the track could be the perfect choice to practice Yoga. The oriental vibe, which is incorporated in a mix with synths, is the perfect combination to add into the track a melodic mood even more highlighted by the sad timber of Ms. Lena.
Structure is simple, here, there are two verses and two choruses which last 3 minutes and 12 seconds making it a fast tune. The mid-tempo beats contrast to the other two previous tracks released by Ms. Lena so far. She has clearly been showing us the versatility of this new body of work.
In her last single “Anger”, Lena sings about being mentally abuse in her past relationship and it seems that in “Is it hard for you too?” the theme remains the same. The difference for this track is that here she is being vulnerable, instead of analyzing what her love interest has done to her, she has taken the time to reflect on how she had behaved while she was being the victim of the situation. That can be seen by the first line of the track “I thought that I was stronger […] I thought that I was smarter than you”.
At the choruses, Ms. Lena sings about the outcome of the situation which has taken her into a rehabilitation moment of her inner traumas, she is trying to imagine how is it like for the person that’s been on the other side, “It’s hard to face the truth, Is it hard for you too?”. Compared to Anger, the A-Side single, this track takes us to a dark and vulnerable side of the situation, the side where we are all placed after a break-up.
This song was released as a B-side of the single "Anger"

Lyrics

I thought that I was stronger, I thought that I was braver, but no
I thought that I was wiser, I thought that I was smarter than you
But in the end, I was the one taken by a fool
Yes, In the end, I was the one who ended up being abused

How could you be so cruel?
How could I be such a fool?
It’s hard to face the truth
Is it hard for you too?
How could you be imprudent?
How could I be indulgent?
Is it hard for you too?

Is it hard for you too?

Everything was-in-between, all the longing and the demanding
I was just a puppet in the hands of a puppeteer
And in the end, I never thought I’d be so weak
At the very end, I never thought you’d only watch me bleed

How could I be easily fooled?
Is it hard for you too?
How could you be imprudent?
How could I be complacent?
Is it hard for you too?

Is it hard for you too?
Is it hard for you too?

Single Cover

UserPostedImage

Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

2001clay on 21/11/2020(UTC), BrownSugar on 21/11/2020(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 21/11/2020(UTC), FiveT on 21/11/2020(UTC), erich hess on 21/11/2020(UTC), GirlSpice on 22/11/2020(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 26/11/2020(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#6 Posted : 21 November 2020 08:08:54(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

UserPostedImage

Song: Deep cuts
Written by: Magie Lena
Genre: Pop
Length: 3:02

Song Description

This track feels rather melancholic compared to the previous tracks, its melody is smooth and mature with a mixture of violin, programmed drums, synthesizers and koto a Japanese instrument similar to an acoustic guitar. The oriental vibe of this track is even more evident than its predecessor.
Clear Miss Lena is coming on terms of her psychological abuser continuing the story she has started on the track “Is it hard for you too”, its an obvious choice as a follow up to the previous track by the way. Declaring that she is still hurt that her scars still bleed, she is taking her pain and showing off without any filter all the times she had been underestimated. By the second verse of the track emotional intelligence is put on perspective when Lena says that she has failed and that it’s another part of her “deep cuts”.

Lyrics

You cut me deep
In my heart
I still bleed
Inside
You cut me deep
In my heart
I still bleed
Inside

Marks
Linger than what I expected
I still hear your sour tone
Bouncing me back and forth
And your devilish mind games
Intoxicate my lungs
I inhaled your hurt
And now I’m cold as a stone

You cut me deep
In my heart
I still bleed
Inside
You cut me deep
In my heart
I still bleed
Inside

All your rejection
Added an excruciating projection
Of the plans that I once had in progression
My salty tears
Taste in my mouth so bitter
Like your poisoned kisses

You cut me deep
In my heart
I still bleed
Inside
You cut me deep
In my heart
I still bleed
Inside

You cut me deep
In my heart
I still bleed
Inside
You cut me deep
In my heart
I still bleed
Inside

You cut me deep
In my heart
I still bleed
Inside
You cut me deep
In my heart
I still bleed
Inside

Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

stephaniewazhere on 21/11/2020(UTC), BrownSugar on 21/11/2020(UTC), 2001clay on 21/11/2020(UTC), FiveT on 21/11/2020(UTC), erich hess on 21/11/2020(UTC), GirlSpice on 22/11/2020(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 26/11/2020(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#7 Posted : 21 November 2020 08:26:45(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

UserPostedImage

Song: Killing me Softly
Song: Killing me Softly
Written by: Magie Lena, Lily Stuart
Genre: electropop
Length: 3:18

Song Description

Coming along with the healing of her personal emotion struggles there’s the tittle track of the album “Killing me Softly”. The unusual electropop track starts with a vocalizing performed by Miss Lena followed by synth and keyboard beats to a burst of programmed drumming and other oriental elements which combined formed into an incredible catchy tune despite its unusuality. Magie vocal performance is edgier in this track, she ventures herself into some sort of rapping in the verses of the track, it’s very subtle but it’s still different from what she has done before.
Lyrically this track is far from hurting or crying but yet finding the required strength to say and state somethings to certain situations, even if it’s by saying that all the situation is “killing me (Miss Lena) softly”.
In the press release of the album Miss Lena explained that she decided to name the album after this track because she thinks that all the pain and hurting she had experienced only has made her stronger, she said that there were times where she felt like someone was brutally murdering her but in fact it ended up being a “soft kill” and the needed strength came after every hardship.

Lyrics

Everything has been said
There’s nothing left to share
Shouted words are like little despairs
It’s time to breathe fresh air

When the haze is out,
When memories are burnt out
And the arguments have run out
We’ll be away from this thread
For a brand-new test

No, I don’t need your excuses
They cannot take back what you said
Scars within my heart are bleeding
And you’re killing me softly

No, I don’t want your bad poetry
No rhymes can close this verse for me

Have you thought about the way you talk?
Did you realize that you haven’t changed at all?
Don’t bother on picking your words carefully

Nothing that you might say
Will make me mistake again
You wasted the time that I’d waited
This is the game I decided to lose

No, I don’t need your excuses
They cannot take back what you said

No, I don’t want your bad poetry
No rhymes can close this verse for me

So I’m saying goodbye
‘Cause this is the last time
You said the poem
But I have the best rhyme
And this is killing me softly

Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

2001clay on 21/11/2020(UTC), FiveT on 21/11/2020(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 21/11/2020(UTC), BrownSugar on 21/11/2020(UTC), erich hess on 21/11/2020(UTC), GirlSpice on 22/11/2020(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 26/11/2020(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#8 Posted : 21 November 2020 08:35:16(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

UserPostedImage

Song: Anger
Written By: Magie Lena, Drake Anton Zaslavsky and Lily Stuart
Produced by: mISTER_b (Drake Anton Zaslavsky)
Genre: Electropop, Techno
Length: 3:15

Background Information

In “Anger”, the official lead single of the album, Miss Lena is talking about her abusive relationship but with a different perspective this time. The first verse of the track shows off that Magie was ready to set limits for the violence she was in. The first line: “I’ll be setting limits so you cannot cross them” is obviously from the perspective of a person who has put an end to a traumatic situation. At the chorus of the track Magie declares that what had made her to move forward from that situation was the anger she had kept inside her for a long time. It’s clear that she has found strength in herself to make the movement of putting an end to whatever was happening with her back then.
In the second verse of “Anger”, Magie analyses and reflects on what marketing and society talks about the romantic love. She refers to it as being cruel and that even when she was silenced, she was seeing everything that was happening in her surroundings, which clearly was important for her to make the decision she had to. The lines “Can you see the fire? Yes, I’m turning red […] You aren’t allowed to forget this sentence” are about the source of strength Magie needed to overcome the struggles she was in. Anger after all in her words: “Is the most powerful feeling one can rely on to move or change something that needs to be change for one own’s sake.
This track takes reference of 2000’s and 2010’s electropop rhythms. It was produced by mISTER_b and it carries the status of being a track made by him. The 2000’s vibes of the riffs and the synthesizers used in the track also take reference from ElectroDeath’s early material but with a twist when it also incorporates a bassline often used in modern contemporary electronic music of subgenres such as deephouse and techno. Magie sings the track with a soft yet confident tone, she almost speaks the verses of the track as if each sentence was a statement. Her vocals sound mature, compared to her previous works. There’s a keyboard riffs throughout the song quite catchy enough to make it sound commercial and ready for radio stations despite its heavy and dark tone.

Lyrics

I’ll be setting limits so that you cannot cross them
‘Cause all this time I’ve been understanding
I’d listened to your cries and I made them mine
I’d done everything for you to be fine

Now my glass is full of your misery
I feel like I absorbed your insanity
In my attempt of comprehending your flaws
I ended up being drained from of all hopes

All this anger that I have inside
Has made me move forward one more time
All the anger I kept inside my heart
Overflows from the edges of my mind
Look like ten thousand knives piercing my heart
All the anger I’ve been containing inside
Spills out of my guts and clears my mind

For every empty word I kept a meaningful silence
Gazes are more worth than a thousand words
Can you see the fire? Yes, I’m turning red
This is way too heavy for me to bear

They say: “love is good”, I say: “Love was cruel”
Am I being clear? Can you hear my statement?
You aren’t allowed to forget this sentence
Nothing takes me back, ’cause I found my independence

Has made me move forward one more time
All the anger I kept inside my heart
Overflows from the edges of my mind
Look like ten thousand knives piercing my heart
All the anger I’ve been containing inside
Spills out of my guts and clears my mind

All this anger…

Single Cover

UserPostedImage

Edited by user 23 November 2020 01:48:48(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

2001clay on 21/11/2020(UTC), FiveT on 21/11/2020(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 21/11/2020(UTC), BrownSugar on 21/11/2020(UTC), erich hess on 21/11/2020(UTC), GirlSpice on 22/11/2020(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 26/11/2020(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#9 Posted : 21 November 2020 08:56:21(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

UserPostedImage

Song: Social Awareness
Written by: Magie Lena, Lily Stuart
Length: 3:15

Song Description

The only time you’ll catch Miss Lena reflecting about humanity and social media is with “Social Awareness”. Lena has been in the business for over ten years now and being in the public eye for that amount of time can cause a range of traumas, this track is about that particularity of modern life where we are all trying to speak our minds without paying attention to the people who are in our surroundings. It might sound a little off for this album as a whole but Lena links this track with the main plot of her traumas and hardships by saying that she is a bully in deconstruction which clearly talks deeply with her maturing and understanding.
An echoing cry opens up this track following by a fast-programmed drum pattern, melodically this track isn’t a standout but there’s some magic on Lena’s vocal performance that is undeniably catchy easy to get along with. The choruses can be memorized in seconds due to its repetition and sarcastic tone.

Lyrics

Did I hurt you with my lack of social awareness?
Did I made you feel underestimated or biased?
I was posting nonsense; I didn’t mean what I said

Was I being careless? Was I being pointless?
I was just posting an rt
It wasn’t all mine, the hate

Behind an opaque lens, you only see what you want
Why would you bother to mince your word when you know it all?
And power is at your hands, who cares who is hurt?
Supported by all the reasons, you feel like you’re in service
I once was in your position, but I consider myself a bully in deconstruction
In the end I realized that we are not perfect
And that being respectful is much more worth it

Did I made you feel underestimated or biased?
I was posting nonsense; I didn’t mean what I said

Was I being careless? Was I being pointless?
I was just posting an rt
It wasn’t all mine, the hate

(Do you hurt people with your lack of social awareness?)
(It’s never too late to learn)

Do you hurt people with your lack of social awareness?
Did you ever put yourself in someone else’s shoes?
Are you just being honest or are you just being cruel?

Are you pointing fingers just to feel better?
It’s never too late to learn
You could use some manners

Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

BrownSugar on 21/11/2020(UTC), 2001clay on 21/11/2020(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 21/11/2020(UTC), erich hess on 21/11/2020(UTC), GirlSpice on 22/11/2020(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 25/11/2020(UTC), FiveT on 26/11/2020(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#10 Posted : 21 November 2020 09:08:20(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

UserPostedImage

Song: Nothing lasts forever
Written by: Magie Lena, Abie Lena
Length: 3:00

Song Description

Starting with a classic organ riff, the ones you can listen to in funerals, this track is a fusion of electropop beats with oriental koto acoustic melodies. Lena’s vocals are clean and higher than previously listened. She is singing about death.

Lyrics

It was raining and it was cold
We were lying on the floor
You looked at me and I could see
The light of you was burning in me

In that moment you were right by my side
It’s a shame that time went by
And now I cannot reach you anymore
There ain’t time for setbacks or goodbyes
I face the finite of this life
There won’t ever be a day like that anymore

So long
Nothing lasts forever
Nothing lasts forever

Back in the day how could I know
All the moments are just a blurred
If I knew it’d be the last time
I’d have thanked you for the love

We’re off limits in this transition
I can only remember your decisions
Why did you decide to go it alone?
There ain’t time for setbacks or goodbyes
I face the finite of this life
There won’t ever be a day like that anymore

Once together
But nothing lasts forever
Nothing lasts forever
Nothing lasts forever

It’s raining and I’m cold
And I’m alone lying on the floor

Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

BrownSugar on 21/11/2020(UTC), 2001clay on 21/11/2020(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 21/11/2020(UTC), erich hess on 21/11/2020(UTC), GirlSpice on 22/11/2020(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 25/11/2020(UTC), FiveT on 26/11/2020(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#11 Posted : 21 November 2020 09:19:03(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

UserPostedImage

Song: Alone
Written by: Magie Lena
Genre: Electronic
Length: 4:30

Song Description

The last track on the album starts off with a quiet, haunting piano melody. Miss Lena comes in 30 seconds into the track, her voice barely above a whisper. Compared to her other songs, this one uses autotune and some effects which can be understood by the concept behind the melodies and the style of it. It sounds more experimental but has the same melancholy feeling that lingers throughout the entire record.
There’s a moment in the track where Miss Lena is completely singing a capella although it doesn’t last long enough, the backing track comes in, building more and more as the song continues. It’s far the weirdest song of the album.
“Alone” is not about feeling alone or unloved but actually is about growing up, Lena sings about the wrinkles I her face the aches of her body and the decaying of her soul and her youthful spirit, after all she has just turned 40 last September and that means something for a person’s life.
The curious case of this final track is that it suits the album where it is, closing the chapter or leaving it open for a continuation.

Lyrics

I’m all alone
Inside this empty room
But I’m not feeling blue
And I look at the mirror
Talk to my reflection
Like an old dear friend

It’s been a long time
The wrinkles in my face can’t hide
The fact that I’m not the same
And that time hasn’t been a friend
My body aches

Dreams got lost in resentment
The future I had imagined was illusionary
No, it wasn’t.
I had to live the ups and downs to see
That things might flow naturally

No, I’m not saying that it was all a big waste
No, I’m not grieving about the losses and the pain
No, It wasn’t in vain
Yes, I’m determined to be resilient
Yes, I’m agreeing that I have changed
Even though it’s a cliché

I’m all alone
Inside this empty room
But I’m not feeling blue
And I look at the mirror
Talk to my reflection
Like an old dear friend

How can we ever be prepared to what is coming next?
How can we bear the remaining years after all that happened?
If there was something to be learned
I don’t think I have quite learned yet
I still struggle with all these remnants
Can I declare that I have survived?
I’m only 40, but is this time mine?
Are these wrinkles for me to remind?
I guess I’ll never know the reasons why…

I’m all alone
Inside this empty room
But I’m not feeling blue

Edited by user 21 November 2020 11:17:54(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

stephaniewazhere on 21/11/2020(UTC), BrownSugar on 21/11/2020(UTC), 2001clay on 21/11/2020(UTC), erich hess on 21/11/2020(UTC), GirlSpice on 22/11/2020(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 25/11/2020(UTC), FiveT on 26/11/2020(UTC)
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#12 Posted : 21 November 2020 09:35:01(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)

Daniel: I just purchase your album and I have to tell you! Not dissatisfied with my purchase! Every single track had a moment of its own but it all flowed so well! Such a great cohesive project! I would love to work with you in the future!

ooc: I can tell you put your all into this and I ha e to say it came out really good! really enjoyed the soundalikes and lyrics, they were easy to read and enjoyable! It really amazes me and intrigues me how vastly different everyone’s taste in music is in here in today’s climate of the forum! It’s such a good thing! I’m glad you decided to come back and add another awesome layer to the recent mass of releases :) this has been such an enjoyable week in the forums!
thanks 1 user thanked stephaniewazhere for this useful post.
Andre Gandra on 21/11/2020(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#13 Posted : 21 November 2020 10:04:43(UTC)
erich hess

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 17917 time(s) in 10411 post(s)
Mariko: i think magie is my favorite artist that isnt named vara or cara. these songs are something i can feel and i dont like it,but sometimes it is nice to hear someone else's take on an experience that nobody should ever have.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
Online 2001clay  
#14 Posted : 21 November 2020 11:08:27(UTC)
2001clay

Man
United States

Was thanked: 3543 time(s) in 1268 post(s)
Sophia Delaney: AAAAAH!!!! I finally got this album & this is good oh my god this is my favorite album!!!!!

OCC: Amazing job
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

My Character:
Jade Trembay,
Ava Tuffin,
Gabby Love,
Jamel Jones,
Tamar Gilbert (TikaBKilla),
Rose Harris,
Liam Russell,
Natalie Mays,
BabyCrush
FRESH MIGUEL CA$H
Face2Face,
Murda Bling,
Cosmic Blue,
Camille Preston,
Chanel C. Fox,
Aubrey Cassidy,
Sophia Delaney,
Midnight20,
Sally Parkwood,
Tika Mays,
Diego Lopez,
Samantha Stevens,
Crescendo,
Paige Wesley,
Mr DJ Hurricane,
Keshia Love,
Stardom Boys,
Milian,
Sau'ron,
Alexis Brooke,
JasmineCharm,
Christina Moreno,
iCandy,
Slim Money,
Fatima Amari,
David Dankworth,
Ciara Lovett
thanks 1 user thanked 2001clay for this useful post.
Offline GirlSpice  
#15 Posted : 22 November 2020 22:58:23(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 7399 time(s) in 2464 post(s)
Vanity: Magie darling, this is totally my realm of music - EDM with meaning! Your lyrics are always so thoughtful and if you take away the beat, which often times in dance music can help mask poor writing, they more than stand up on their own and that's a real sign of a great writer. It may only be your third album, but you already feel like a veteran and this record really cements your status. SO excited for you and all the success this record will surely bring you... now if you don't mind me, I'm off to dance my ass off to these album tracks. ❤

OOC: Andre! You really killed this, and like Daniel said, it's great to see such a variety of sounds on the forums these days. Such a well written and cohesive record that could surely be real, you should be very proud! :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
thanks 1 user thanked GirlSpice for this useful post.
Andre Gandra on 23/11/2020(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#16 Posted : 25 November 2020 12:25:45(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

Originally Posted by: stephaniewazhere Go to Quoted Post

Daniel: I just purchase your album and I have to tell you! Not dissatisfied with my purchase! Every single track had a moment of its own but it all flowed so well! Such a great cohesive project! I would love to work with you in the future!

ooc: I can tell you put your all into this and I ha e to say it came out really good! really enjoyed the soundalikes and lyrics, they were easy to read and enjoyable! It really amazes me and intrigues me how vastly different everyone’s taste in music is in here in today’s climate of the forum! It’s such a good thing! I’m glad you decided to come back and add another awesome layer to the recent mass of releases :) this has been such an enjoyable week in the forums!

Magie: Thank you so much for the kind word mister Daniel, you have been such an influence for me in the bussiness, I still remember the song we have recorded together back in 2011 when I was still part of ElectroDeath, I'l be more then honored to work with you again!

OOC: Thanks you, I've tried to do a simple RP so that it'd be easy to read and I'm so happy that you have taken some time to read it Dancing

Originally Posted by: erich hess Go to Quoted Post
Mariko: i think magie is my favorite artist that isnt named vara or cara. these songs are something i can feel and i dont like it,but sometimes it is nice to hear someone else's take on an experience that nobody should ever have.

Magie: Thank you Mariko, I really hope that the more you listen to the songs the better they'll make you feel, I know that sometimes it's hard to listen to certain topics, but I'm so glad that you managed to listen to my songs.

Originally Posted by: GirlSpice Go to Quoted Post
Vanity: Magie darling, this is totally my realm of music - EDM with meaning! Your lyrics are always so thoughtful and if you take away the beat, which often times in dance music can help mask poor writing, they more than stand up on their own and that's a real sign of a great writer. It may only be your third album, but you already feel like a veteran and this record really cements your status. SO excited for you and all the success this record will surely bring you... now if you don't mind me, I'm off to dance my ass off to these album tracks. ❤

OOC: Andre! You really killed this, and like Daniel said, it's great to see such a variety of sounds on the forums these days. Such a well written and cohesive record that could surely be real, you should be very proud! :)

Magie: I gotta a lot of inspiration from your work Vanity, it's such a huge thing for me to get to know you have enjoyed the music I made, I feel honored for it.

OOC: Thank you so much for the lind words, I'm really glad that you have read it. Dancing

Originally Posted by: 2001clay Go to Quoted Post
Sophia Delaney: AAAAAH!!!! I finally got this album & this is good oh my god this is my favorite album!!!!!

OCC: Amazing job

Magie: Thank you Delaney, I hope I have made you dance.
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

thanks 2 users thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
2001clay on 25/11/2020(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 27/11/2020(UTC)
Offline FiveT  
#17 Posted : 26 November 2020 12:32:40(UTC)
FiveT

Man
Italy

Was thanked: 3231 time(s) in 1294 post(s)
Den sending Magie a private message.

"Mag... You know that, now I've listened to your whole album and it just hit me hard. Like real hard. There are some tracks I could just relate to for this whole mess I've been into. One thing is to write a song and let it out artistically knowing what you wrote and that you wrote it, but another is to listen to a whole other album of songs and relate to it, it's like a different therapy for feeling better, I always think of it that way. But most songs on your album just came in the right time, at the right moment. And your voice... It sounds so calming, almost angelic. I have to thank you again for saving me, now with music as well. But I will not thank you for making me cry right at the end with 'Alone', it killed me. 😜🙏"

OOC: Andre you have an interesting way of writing songs, the whole album feels coehesive and fitting to the theme and like Den said, 'Alone' is a killer track, not only a perfect ending but it seems so sad and it makes me think of anxiety issues.
My other faves are 'Social Awareness' because I like how Magie talks about celebrity issues and makes it so realistic, fame is definately something not easy to cope with in real life! So I'm glad to see that being explored on RP more. And I also really like 'Killing Me Softly', it so fits with the whole sound idea and the lyrics revolving about poetry and fake talk seem so cool! 'Anger' is also one of the faves, but I've already told you before why Tongue
Nice job!

MY ACTIVE ACTS
Titans (Laurence, Jo, Martina, Den, Tanya)
Kegan Dawson - Actor, presenter, radio speaker, model, showman
Cj Frankson - Youtuber, Actor, model, showman
Rashai Mari - Model, Dj
Igor Stanovski - Russian tycoon, businessman
Claire Becker - Writer, vocal coach, presenter, radio speaker
Augusto Lincoln - Enterpreneur, model, manager
Lukas Paradiso - Model, Actor

The Jollies
Zafari Mari 👩🏾‍🦲, Rose Hemsworth 👩🏻‍🦰, David Hernandez 👱🏻, Natasha Stanovski 👧🏻, Fabriano Galore 👨🏻

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Creating Sims content here on my YouTube channel! -----> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7Tq0J8bDFMidZWlrFK0gtQ
thanks 1 user thanked FiveT for this useful post.
Andre Gandra on 26/11/2020(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#18 Posted : 26 November 2020 17:26:07(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
OOC: True art from start to finish. Wow. Can I just say that you have slayed this COMPLETE Magie comeback. I really appreciate the story you’re telling through music. This is not just any ole regular album, this is a story being told with deep lyrics that really lets us know what Magie has been feeling leading up to this moment as well as when she was gone. I love albums like that. Each one of these tracks seems to be carefully thought out. I really enjoyed this body of work from Magie. Great job!! The lyrics, the roll out, the aesthetic and artwork all really good stuff!!!! My favorite track is Social Awareness because Magie really speaks the truth on that record. This is all so good. Nice work again x
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
Andre Gandra on 26/11/2020(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#19 Posted : 27 November 2020 09:18:59(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

Originally Posted by: FiveT Go to Quoted Post
Den sending Magie a private message.

"Mag... You know that, now I've listened to your whole album and it just hit me hard. Like real hard. There are some tracks I could just relate to for this whole mess I've been into. One thing is to write a song and let it out artistically knowing what you wrote and that you wrote it, but another is to listen to a whole other album of songs and relate to it, it's like a different therapy for feeling better, I always think of it that way. But most songs on your album just came in the right time, at the right moment. And your voice... It sounds so calming, almost angelic. I have to thank you again for saving me, now with music as well. But I will not thank you for making me cry right at the end with 'Alone', it killed me. 😜🙏"

OOC: Andre you have an interesting way of writing songs, the whole album feels coehesive and fitting to the theme and like Den said, 'Alone' is a killer track, not only a perfect ending but it seems so sad and it makes me think of anxiety issues.
My other faves are 'Social Awareness' because I like how Magie talks about celebrity issues and makes it so realistic, fame is definately something not easy to cope with in real life! So I'm glad to see that being explored on RP more. And I also really like 'Killing Me Softly', it so fits with the whole sound idea and the lyrics revolving about poetry and fake talk seem so cool! 'Anger' is also one of the faves, but I've already told you before why Tongue
Nice job!

Magie: Own my dear friend Den, you know that you're stronger than you think, braver and wiser, don't ever let anyone tell you the opposite. I'm so honored and touched by the fact that my songs made you feel better, even if you cried in Alone, crying is still good and liberating. Call me if you need anything, I'll always be here to help you.

OOC: Thank you so much, I think I was never so complimented as I have been recently in the forum and it gives me so much joy and when people share thoughtful opinions like you just did. I kind love 'Alone' too it's more about me than it is about Magie LOL. Once again thank you for the kind words.

Originally Posted by: Famouss7x7 Go to Quoted Post
OOC: True art from start to finish. Wow. Can I just say that you have slayed this COMPLETE Magie comeback. I really appreciate the story you’re telling through music. This is not just any ole regular album, this is a story being told with deep lyrics that really lets us know what Magie has been feeling leading up to this moment as well as when she was gone. I love albums like that. Each one of these tracks seems to be carefully thought out. I really enjoyed this body of work from Magie. Great job!! The lyrics, the roll out, the aesthetic and artwork all really good stuff!!!! My favorite track is Social Awareness because Magie really speaks the truth on that record. This is all so good. Nice work again x

OOC: Thank you so much, I couldn't be happier with comments from people whom I admire so much in this forum. I'm so excited about the things you've been doing with Naomi, that performance was magnificent.
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

thanks 1 user thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
FiveT on 27/11/2020(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#20 Posted : 03 December 2020 04:31:50(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19124 time(s) in 7592 post(s)
OOC: You really came back SWINGING!! You always were a great writer and highly creative but since your return, you've really been knocking it out of the park extra hard. Sorry it has taken me so long to get around to commenting but I've been in album mode myself. I really love your lyrics. There's a very sophisticated simplicity to them that just gets right to the point but without being too blunt. Also love that you came back with a real story to tell. It feels like a real, genuine comeback. I love it when artists get personal both in the real world and in the RP universe. Really develops a deeper connection and makes the payoff even more satisfying in the end, after sharing their story with the world. Such a solid, well-rounded project you've pieced together. Amazing job here, Andre!
UserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

thanks 1 user thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
Andre Gandra on 09/12/2020(UTC)