logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline FiveT  
#1 Posted : 25 November 2020 06:29:10(UTC)
FiveT

Groups: Registered
Man
Italy

Was thanked: 3231 time(s) in 1294 post(s)
UserPostedImage

"I Will Listen"
is the fifth single released by Pop group The Jollies on November 30th 2020, taken off their debut album 'Squad Goals' under the Five Pesky Kids record label. The song was produced by Den and Claire Becker
and co-written by Den and the whole group.

This song was written and recorded around February 2020 and it was confirmed by Den Walnut to be made out of one of his unreleased songs for his last album 'Don't Be A Pain In My Sky'. The lyrics were then later edited and arranged to fit the group sound and theme, making the song less personal and more general, which is more relatable for everyone. The group main appeal is in fact to talk about uniting people and the whole meaning of the song shows another part of that as it hints at friendship and the importance of having someone always there to listen when something is not right.
Also, after many issues the group had to face this year going from starting their group project through the pandemic, to Rose being harrassed by an unknown stalker, David facing important issues with his ex-partner Silver Spoons that are yet to be revealed fully, Natasha facing a strong media bullying and controversial issues with her father, the Russian tycoon Igor Stanovski always trying to bring his daughter down or having to deal with an harsh stint on La Isla, Zafari facing racism and standing right against it in the protests for the #BlackLivesMatter after George Floyd's murder and Fabriano dealing with his family being away and unreachable during the long 2020 pandemic. So it's safe to say that despite some success reached and a large support by their community, the group faced the dark 2020 too but with "I Will Listen" they are holding on to their strong bond within each other, showing exactly what the song says - facing difficulties TOGETHER, because what their message is also about is that unity and cooperation between different people is a strong power, or what they call Self-power.

To underline the feeling of the song, the group harmonizes and blends their vocals strongly in the chorus, which takes the sound to an high uplifting level while sitting well with the background music that has instruments and melodies carefully picked to provoke a strong feeling to the listener. The overall singing of the group this time sounds more coehesive and less focused on the differences of the vocals, which enhances the idea of unity. In the verses they mostly sing lower notes that raise and increase the tension towards the choruses, where the choir explodes.
Another important note is how the middle 8 is almost not existant in the song but there is a nice devolpment of the melody and the chorus that changes words at the end and replaces the usual song structure.

UserPostedImage

For its new single version, the Jollies decided to team up with the London Community Gospel Choir which enhances the feeling of unity of both the song and the group, giving out an even more coehesive sound and deeper impact when one would listen to the song. The song becomes more emotional, more heartfelt and all the voices blend well, like a real gospel tune singing about joy, hope and solidarity. Zafari's vocals kinda stand out in the end with his soulful ad-libs, creating a whole new beautiful section for the song.

UserPostedImage

The video of the song released on TheJOLLiESvevo, youtube channel of the group, a week before the release of the single, shows exactly what the song speaks about. It is very strong and emotional as it impacts who watches immediately - a kid suffering of leukemia is shown smiling in his bed at the very beginning of the song. This strong image is the biggest symbol of fighting against a pain that seems so evil and hard to face, a little innocent kid facing such an enormous monster of illness. The Jollies then appear in his TV singing. They start appearing and doing funny things in other kids' TVs as well.
Mostly, when the video starts, ill kids and children are shown. They are mostly in hospital beds, laughing and smiling at the Jollies in the TV. They sing with them. They dance with them. They look hypnotized but one thing they definately look is happy, distraught from their monsters and problems.
Then as the song goes on and the Jollies keep shining with their different personalities through the video, more different kids are shown. This time kids who are at their home too appear, kids who would seem to live a 'normal' life but you can tell some of them have their parents fighting behind them, some of them have a drunk father behind them, some of them have a father or a mother trying to take them away from the TV - metaphor for the fact that for any reason a parent will want to control a kid's life.
The Jollies in the video look relaxed as they sing while doing funny things, taking tea together, David and Zafari playing a Playstation, Fabriano taking selfies, Natasha training and kick-boxing, Rose gardening while watching Disney, David again dancing funnily, Zafari playing basketball and so on. They all shine in their different ways and almost want to inspire others, showing their message again of equality between differences, this time on a stronger level with this song meaning.
At the end, the London Community Gospel Choir appears in front of a fountain while it rains in The Jollies' place as well. Everyone seems happy though, especially the kids watching their TVs. The song has gotten to its emotional climax.
Doctors hug kids, parents make peace, a mum kisses her leukemia kid on the forehead. A beautiful piece that impacts so strongly though is different kids running all together in an empty field, they hold huge rainbow-piece flags and all look happy. This ending the video could probably be its biggest image yet.

LEGEND:
πŸ‘±πŸ»β€β™‚οΈDavid πŸ‘§πŸ»Natasha πŸ‘©πŸΎβ€πŸ¦²Zafari πŸ‘±πŸ»β€β™€οΈRose πŸ‘¨πŸ»Fabriano

πŸ‘±πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ
And here it is
The lesson, burning pain that you feel
Something so insecure, you need to cure
Where it is
You gotta know just how to move
What you gonna prove, just cry
Just cry

πŸ‘¨πŸ»
Keep it real
Keep the fear, don't lie to me
Tellin' me all I need to hear
Let it be
Everything you think you feel
Take my hand, I am here
I am here
Right here

πŸ‘±πŸ»β€β™‚οΈπŸ‘§πŸ»πŸ‘©πŸΎβ€πŸ¦²πŸ‘±πŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸ‘¨πŸ»
Why don't you tell me
Why ain't you gonna be telling me
About the fire, the knife, the poison
I will listen
Friend, lover, family
I will be there
'Cause united we stand
Divided we fall
Away

Oh, Oh oh
Oh oh oh
Oh, oh

πŸ‘±πŸ»β€β™€οΈ
Wake up dear
Don't lie down in this big hole
We can go where you wanna go
It's cool, see
There is so much more in life to feel
Things always change, never same you'll see
The light

πŸ‘©πŸΎβ€πŸ¦²
And laugh with me
After you felt it all you need
'Cause things will make you a better being
Know what I mean
I love you good and bad, you know that
I will be there indeed
I will be there
Right there

Why don't you tell me
I will listen
Friend, lover, family
I will be there
'Cause united we stand
Divided we fall
Away

Oh, Oh oh
Oh oh oh
Oh, oh

πŸ‘±πŸ»β€β™‚οΈπŸ‘§πŸ»πŸ‘©πŸΎβ€πŸ¦²πŸ‘±πŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸ‘¨πŸ» [+ LONDON COMMUNITY GOSPEL CHOIR]
Why don't you tell me
I will listen
Friend, lover, family
I will be there
'Cause united we stand
Divided we fall
Away

πŸ‘±πŸ»β€β™‚οΈπŸ‘§πŸ»πŸ‘©πŸΎβ€πŸ¦²πŸ‘±πŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸ‘¨πŸ» [+ LONDON COMMUNITY GOSPEL CHOIR]
Oh, Oh oh
Oh oh oh
Oh, oh

πŸ‘±πŸ»β€β™‚οΈπŸ‘§πŸ»πŸ‘±πŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸ‘¨πŸ» [+ LONDON COMMUNITY GOSPEL CHOIR]
Fear is ok to have
I will listen (πŸ‘©πŸΎβ€πŸ¦² Tell me everything, my friend)
Friend, lover, family (πŸ‘©πŸΎβ€πŸ¦² Every little thing)
Nothin' is bad to me (πŸ‘©πŸΎβ€πŸ¦² Yeah)
'Cause united we stand
Divided we fall
Away (πŸ‘©πŸΎβ€πŸ¦² No way, no way, no way)

πŸ‘±πŸ»β€β™‚οΈπŸ‘§πŸ»πŸ‘±πŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸ‘¨πŸ»
Oh, Oh oh
Oh oh oh
Oh, oh
πŸ‘©πŸΎβ€πŸ¦² No way

SOUNDS LIKE

Edited by user 25 November 2020 06:34:18(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

MY ACTIVE ACTS
Titans (Laurence, Jo, Martina, Den, Tanya)
Kegan Dawson - Actor, presenter, radio speaker, model, showman
Cj Frankson - Youtuber, Actor, model, showman
Rashai Mari - Model, Dj
Igor Stanovski - Russian tycoon, businessman
Claire Becker - Writer, vocal coach, presenter, radio speaker
Augusto Lincoln - Enterpreneur, model, manager
Lukas Paradiso - Model, Actor

The Jollies
Zafari Mari πŸ‘©πŸΎβ€πŸ¦², Rose Hemsworth πŸ‘©πŸ»β€πŸ¦°, David Hernandez πŸ‘±πŸ», Natasha Stanovski πŸ‘§πŸ», Fabriano Galore πŸ‘¨πŸ»

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Creating Sims content here on my YouTube channel! -----> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7Tq0J8bDFMidZWlrFK0gtQ
thanks 8 users thanked FiveT for this useful post.
2001clay on 25/11/2020(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 25/11/2020(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 25/11/2020(UTC), erich hess on 26/11/2020(UTC), BrownSugar on 26/11/2020(UTC), GirlSpice on 27/11/2020(UTC), kandii on 23/12/2020(UTC), Andre Gandra on 30/12/2020(UTC)
Offline 2001clay  
#2 Posted : 25 November 2020 06:34:23(UTC)
2001clay

Man
United States

Was thanked: 3541 time(s) in 1267 post(s)
Tika Mays: AAAAH!!! MY FAVORITE SONG OF ALL TIME!!!!

OCC: Love it by the way
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

My Character:
Jade Trembay,
Ava Tuffin,
Gabby Love,
Jamel Jones,
Tamar Gilbert (TikaBKilla),
Rose Harris,
Liam Russell,
Natalie Mays,
BabyCrush
FRESH MIGUEL CA$H
Face2Face,
Murda Bling,
Cosmic Blue,
Camille Preston,
Chanel C. Fox,
Aubrey Cassidy,
Sophia Delaney,
Midnight20,
Sally Parkwood,
Tika Mays,
Diego Lopez,
Samantha Stevens,
Crescendo,
Paige Wesley,
Mr DJ Hurricane,
Keshia Love,
Stardom Boys,
Milian,
Sau'ron,
Alexis Brooke,
JasmineCharm,
Christina Moreno,
iCandy,
Slim Money,
Fatima Amari,
David Dankworth,
Ciara Lovett
thanks 1 user thanked 2001clay for this useful post.
FiveT on 25/11/2020(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#3 Posted : 26 November 2020 12:28:51(UTC)
erich hess

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 17917 time(s) in 10411 post(s)
erich: if you're like me,and i know i am, you subscribe to the thought that: children are our future,unless we stop them now. at least until you have children of your own. the world of the jollies would be a good one,indeed.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
FiveT on 26/11/2020(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#4 Posted : 26 November 2020 17:15:56(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
OOC: Awwww this track is SO uplifting and released at a perfect time of such uncertainty. I really enjoyed reading this whole RP. Really top notch stuff. The consistency of the Jollies is truly commendable. Loving all that you are doing with them. This a definitely a favorite of mine. You are having Squad Goals live on!!! I love to see it. Great job x
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina Lake β€’ Aubrey Mikkel β€’ Sabina β€’ James Urie β€’ Austin Nimmo β€’ Mandy Williams β€’ The Wolverines
β€’ Jerry Holmes β€’ Marina Balan β€’ Miamiβ€’ BYS β€’ Naomi β€’ Suzie β€’ Aaron Styles β€’ Cory Dionne β€’ The Kittens
β€’ Brittany Knox β€’ Dennis Shaw β€’ Gemma β€’ Payton β€’ Cassie Valentine β€’ JT Rodriguez β€’ Jay-C β€’Nick Urie β€’ PRÓXIMO

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
FiveT on 26/11/2020(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#5 Posted : 30 November 2020 06:59:03(UTC)
BrownSugar

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19122 time(s) in 7592 post(s)
Riley: What a beautiful, uplifting and inspiring track. Really glad this was pushed as a single. Definitely my favourite song from you lot. It's also something that we need to hear during these uncertain times and especially with the holidays coming up, where a lot of people feel uncertain and lonely. Won't lie, I teared up watching the video. Truly beautiful work, Jollies.
UserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY β€’ DUSTYN β€’ OSCAR β€’ RILEY β€’ SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU β€’ CARTER LEE β€’ JAKE β€’ MYLES β€’ ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN β€’ CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE β€’ CHRIS β€’ JASON β€’ LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE β€’ LINCOLN β€’ LAYLA β€’ MERCEDES β€’ MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA β€’ DENEIL β€’ CHICAGO NOBODY β€’ BLOOM β€’ SONNY β€’ VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN β€’ ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS β€’ ALFIE SUMMERS β€’ MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON β€’ KONSTANTIN β€’ FAYETTE β€’ SAYYID

thanks 1 user thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
FiveT on 01/12/2020(UTC)
Offline FiveT  
#6 Posted : 18 December 2020 01:33:38(UTC)
FiveT

Man
Italy

Was thanked: 3231 time(s) in 1294 post(s)
Originally Posted by: BrownSugar Go to Quoted Post
Riley: What a beautiful, uplifting and inspiring track. Really glad this was pushed as a single. Definitely my favourite song from you lot. It's also something that we need to hear during these uncertain times and especially with the holidays coming up, where a lot of people feel uncertain and lonely. Won't lie, I teared up watching the video. Truly beautiful work, Jollies.

Rose: Thank you Riley! <3 'I Will Listen' was definately a song we are very attached too for many reasons and meanings. It feels very special to us as whole... I really do hope it can shine a light for many in darkness. x x

Originally Posted by: 2001clay Go to Quoted Post
Tika Mays: AAAAH!!! MY FAVORITE SONG OF ALL TIME!!!!

OCC: Love it by the way

Fabriano: Hey, thank you ;) Glad you like.

OOC: Thank you!

Originally Posted by: erich hess Go to Quoted Post
erich: if you're like me,and i know i am, you subscribe to the thought that: children are our future,unless we stop them now. at least until you have children of your own. the world of the jollies would be a good one,indeed.

David: It really would mr Erich. Glad you could get the meaning behind it, I am not a father and who knows if I could ever be but I know how many look up to me, my bandmates and other stars in the industry. We have a duty with what we show and with kids getting inspired. We have a word for the future!

Originally Posted by: Famouss7x7 Go to Quoted Post
OOC: Awwww this track is SO uplifting and released at a perfect time of such uncertainty. I really enjoyed reading this whole RP. Really top notch stuff. The consistency of the Jollies is truly commendable. Loving all that you are doing with them. This a definitely a favorite of mine. You are having Squad Goals live on!!! I love to see it. Great job x

OOC: Thank you so much, even if it may look like the usual RP written around it really holds a special meaning for me for some reasons. I am really glad you are enjoying my work with them, I really love writing for them and their story. :)

MY ACTIVE ACTS
Titans (Laurence, Jo, Martina, Den, Tanya)
Kegan Dawson - Actor, presenter, radio speaker, model, showman
Cj Frankson - Youtuber, Actor, model, showman
Rashai Mari - Model, Dj
Igor Stanovski - Russian tycoon, businessman
Claire Becker - Writer, vocal coach, presenter, radio speaker
Augusto Lincoln - Enterpreneur, model, manager
Lukas Paradiso - Model, Actor

The Jollies
Zafari Mari πŸ‘©πŸΎβ€πŸ¦², Rose Hemsworth πŸ‘©πŸ»β€πŸ¦°, David Hernandez πŸ‘±πŸ», Natasha Stanovski πŸ‘§πŸ», Fabriano Galore πŸ‘¨πŸ»

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Creating Sims content here on my YouTube channel! -----> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7Tq0J8bDFMidZWlrFK0gtQ
Offline kandii  
#7 Posted : 23 December 2020 13:09:33(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 10467 time(s) in 3435 post(s)
Dakota: This song reminds me of home. Its so powerful, not just the lyrics but the music too. I could spend all my days just dancing and belting this out. Much love