logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#1 Posted : 24 February 2021 10:18:10(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)
S I N G L E
A Freenerd Studios Production

UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

Title: “Architect”
Album: The Architect Tapes
Release Date: February 23, 2021
Length: 4:01 (Minutes:Seconds)
Formats: Digital Download, Streaming
Recorded/Production: October 2020; Freenerd Studios Orlando, FL
Genres: Dance-Electronic
Label: Independent
Writers: Daniel The Freenerd
Producers: Daniel The Freenerd

A R C H I T E C T is the lead single from Daniel The Freenerd's upcoming studio album titled "The Architect Tapes"; which is set to be released May 2021 as an independent release. The album is set to be a concept album that will have a comic book illustration feel and storyline. The official song premiered on February 23, 2021 and immediately became available on all streaming/digital platforms. The song was solely written and produced by Daniel The Freenerd at his home recording studio Freenerd Studios in Orlando Florida.

C O N C E P T : I N T R O D U C I N G T H E A R C H I T E C T

The Architect: Featuring robotic headgear and metallic gloves, The Architect is an electronic robotic DJ that uses his creativity to engineer music for a planet called "Planet Nerd". The Architect is held captive and killed by the planet's leaders. While most of the tapes are destroyed, various tapes are then found by one of the planet's undisclosed fans.

"I always felt it was kind of cliché and gimmicky to create an alter ego. I always tried not to do that in the past because I didn't want to create a character within my music. I wanted each song I created to kind of stand on it's own two legs and not be dependent on an alter ego or some gimmicky character but I learned over time that sometimes that's no necessarily a bad thing. I know I've done that for other artists I've worked with for fun and to add personality to a record but I can't say this character is an "alter ego" per say. For me I wanted to create a new musical persona that's not necessarily an extension of me like an alter ego but just a made up character like the one from a comic book. I don't know if its one that I will revisit and continue in the future but just something I created out of pure fun".

W R I T I N G / L Y R I C S

With a play on words, the song talks about an architect obsessed with one of his designs. The song also introduces The Architect and his lewd obsession over one his designs Radio Mine. The character is heavily inspired by Radio Vine whom Daniel dated and managed during her early music career.

"I wanted to write a song about creators. People that like to create art and just kind of turn that concept into a love song. I would often think of myself as a music architect. A lot of my music I've created on my own and the songs I've done for other artists as well. However, I've had experiences in the past when I created a song that I didn't want to give away. It's kind of like love. You want to hold on to someone you know it's not destined to be with you. Letting them go just kind of becomes the challenge. That's what The Architect faces with his design Radio Mine".

P R O D U C T I O N / I N S T R U M E N T A T I O N

Daniel began production for the song as early as October 2020 at his home recording studio Freenerd Studios in Orlando, FL. The song was the first to be written and recorded to set the tone for the album. Initially the song was expected to be a fast paced dance electronic record but the song's pace was slowed down to combat the cliché comparisons to his aspirations.

The song starts with a standard drum beat and hi-hat, that similar of Michael Jackson's "Billy Jean" but is quickly joined by a disco flavored violin. The drum beat is then joined by a deep thumbing bassline and electronic keyboards that mimic horn sounding instruments. A quirky flute like sound is also heard throughout various parts of the song. Various handclaps are also heard subtly throughout the song. In 80's fashion the song's productions draws inspiration from Disco and vintage alternative electronic sounds.

In signature fashion, Daniel's vocals are low and effortless. Despite its relaxed fashion Daniel is heard vocalizing and belting during the choruses of the song but most of the track has a settled pitch that is almost monotone.

"The sonic personality of this song is that of a throwback feel but it also has that indie dance scene vibe that I'm know for in my early albums. I think it was appropriate to dive into that direction. I usually don't like to remake my old sounds, but I think with this recording it was done to elevate what I've previously done. That's kind of my comfort zone when I think of music I want to make for myself and not for other artist. I think the drum beat is what makes it stand out from anything I've ever done. I don't usually go that pop and basic but It just feels right with his track. I was definitely inspired by Michael Jackson's Billy Jean for that."

A R C H I T E C T
UserPostedImage
You're my cruel obsession
I want to study all your veins and nerves
cruel but sweet obsession
study all your shapes and curves
I want you as my proud possession
my greatest drawing board session
let me be your architect

I'm most creative when I'm taking the pissing
cause you give me something I'm missing
You fill up my bloodstream with intensity
You got me riding off insanity
cause you know I need it
you could be radio vanity

We were the creators, young gods in disguise
cut them so deep baby with your influential eyes
and you could of chosen any other guy
but something about it keeps me hypnotized
So praise the architect
praise the architect
All I want to know is
Would you like to get in the mind of the architect
Architect, architect
praise the architect
praise the architect

No matter what season
No matter what time of day
I'm always craving you
cause you got me daydreaming
daydreaming of my greatest design
your sharp edges and lines
My sweet radio mine

So praise the architect
praise the architect
All I want to know is
Architect, architect
praise the architect
praise the architect

no one could design such a love story
with all its heartbreak and all its glory
felt so lonesome til god created you
I've traveled around the world but no one comes close to you

You're my cruel obsession
I want to study all your veins and nerves
cruel but sweet obsession
study all your shapes and curves
I want you as my proud possession
my greatest drawing board session
let me be your architect

So praise the architect
praise the architect
All I want to know is
Architect, architect
praise the architect
praise the architect

God took his time making you but maybe the God was me
Do you wanna feel my blueprint
I'll be your architect baby

Sounds Like:

UserPostedImage

Edited by user 24 February 2021 10:20:36(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 10 users thanked stephaniewazhere for this useful post.
Famouss7x7 on 24/02/2021(UTC), erich hess on 24/02/2021(UTC), 2001clay on 24/02/2021(UTC), BrownSugar on 24/02/2021(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 24/02/2021(UTC), RadioVine on 24/02/2021(UTC), PANIC! on 25/02/2021(UTC), FiveT on 25/02/2021(UTC), chaotic_princess on 27/02/2021(UTC), C4AJoh on 20/03/2021(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#2 Posted : 24 February 2021 10:36:12(UTC)
erich hess

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 17918 time(s) in 10412 post(s)
Mariko: i really like this. its the sort of thing that a just a tiny change of inflection could change the entire meaning. like screaming jay hawkins' "i put a spell on you." it could be sweet,but done in a different way? its threatening.

Erica:i want to see a radio vanity. you two.. get on it. mate for the greater good.

nina: i dont know if i want to live in that world,love..i think i am justified in being a bit scared.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
stephaniewazhere on 24/02/2021(UTC)
Offline RadioVine  
#3 Posted : 24 February 2021 13:02:28(UTC)
RadioVine

Was thanked: 1056 time(s) in 339 post(s)
RadioVine: My Daniel, I remember the nights that we spent together and you told me all these dope ideas my love. And I believed in it so strongly because who you are. You are a creative mind that can transforms into an atmosphere that’s brilliantly made. This record is set you apart from all the rest. Congratulations my love. You did it like we always talked about. I knew you were! :)

OOC: Daniel, I really think this is a Funhouse sequel because the way Radio delivery was for Funhouse, this is just a perfect follow up. The ways the things are already going with Freenerd, I’m so excited! Omg this is about to be sooo good! Come on now. The lyrics the way it all come together like a full picture matched so well with the concept of the song. You painted a picture for this role play. Love it!

Edited by user 24 February 2021 13:05:58(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage

PRE SAVE NOW!

thanks 1 user thanked RadioVine for this useful post.
Offline freestylechamp  
#4 Posted : 24 February 2021 13:40:14(UTC)
freestylechamp

Man
United States

Was thanked: 6094 time(s) in 2656 post(s)
Kidd: A nerd of music and comics, I can't wait to hear this.

OOC: I really like this concept, I even like the first track on here. Reminder to have this stuff backed up and save somewhere that you can get to it in case anything happens you won't lose anything. I'm excited.

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked freestylechamp for this useful post.
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#5 Posted : 25 February 2021 00:20:27(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)
Originally Posted by: erich hess Go to Quoted Post
Mariko: i really like this. its the sort of thing that a just a tiny change of inflection could change the entire meaning. like screaming jay hawkins' "i put a spell on you." it could be sweet,but done in a different way? its threatening.

Erica:i want to see a radio vanity. you two.. get on it. mate for the greater good.

nina: i dont know if i want to live in that world,love..i think i am justified in being a bit scared.

Daniel: Thank your Mariko! I didn't even know you were into this type of music. So flattering thank you :)

Erica, you might just get your wish!

Nina, a Daniel The Freenerd sextape though. I can bet mines is better than Kim Kardashian and Ray J. That has to be most boring; non arousing few minutes of my life. But I'm sure there's worse.

Originally Posted by: RadioVine Go to Quoted Post
RadioVine: My Daniel, I remember the nights that we spent together and you told me all these dope ideas my love. And I believed in it so strongly because who you are. You are a creative mind that can transforms into an atmosphere that’s brilliantly made. This record is set you apart from all the rest. Congratulations my love. You did it like we always talked about. I knew you were! :)

OOC: Daniel, I really think this is a Funhouse sequel because the way Radio delivery was for Funhouse, this is just a perfect follow up. The ways the things are already going with Freenerd, I’m so excited! Omg this is about to be sooo good! Come on now. The lyrics the way it all come together like a full picture matched so well with the concept of the song. You painted a picture for this role play. Love it!

Daniel: Radio! I'm always flattered that you think so highly of me. I feel Like I'm still trying to catch up with you. Thank you babe!

OOC: I promise that is unintentional lol but I love it even more now! I been working on this since October, not this song in particular but the concept and just trying to come up with something cool for him so I appreciate it! Radio's new album is probably my favorite release in a while. The way you married the gifs with the sound a likes and song descriptions was so visually enjoyable.

Originally Posted by: freestylechamp Go to Quoted Post
Kidd: A nerd of music and comics, I can't wait to hear this.

OOC: I really like this concept, I even like the first track on here. Reminder to have this stuff backed up and save somewhere that you can get to it in case anything happens you won't lose anything. I'm excited.

Daniel The Freenerd: Huge fan of your music Kidd! I actually have been wanting to work with you for the longest but I'm sure there's opportunities that will present themselves in the near future! Thank you!

OOC: I learned my lesson this time lol I now back up everything, so I guess things happen for a reason and thank you man!
thanks 1 user thanked stephaniewazhere for this useful post.
erich hess on 25/02/2021(UTC)