logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

6 Pages«<3456>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#81 Posted : 31 July 2009 12:46:53(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)
Gildermershina wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:
TP wrote:
Gildermershina wrote:
The birth certificate concerns should have quickly been quashed by the fact that several archived Hawaiian newspapers carried the announcement of his birth.

American politics is utterly absurd at times.

Media will do anything for a quick buck.

X10 I agree big time

and Gildermershina that's also everywhere not just America.

Well yes, but American politics is uniquely petty.

Just like the UK and the other countries.

Edited by user 31 July 2009 12:47:48(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

User is suspended until 11/08/4747 07:32:36(UTC) TP  
#82 Posted : 31 July 2009 12:47:02(UTC)
TP

Man

Gildermershina wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:
TP wrote:
Gildermershina wrote:
The birth certificate concerns should have quickly been quashed by the fact that several archived Hawaiian newspapers carried the announcement of his birth.

X10 I agree big time

Yes, only one leading political party, and another fairly major one, and a few other minor parties. Very petty how the American government is almost unified. lol
UserPostedImage

Singles Certified By BPI:

"Bats!" (Silver)UK
"Ballad of the Fallen" (Silver)UK
"Split Up" (Silver)UK (Silver)World

Albums Certified By BPI:

White Rain (Silver)UK
DreamScape (Silver)UK
Just Suck It! (Silver)UK
#83 Posted : 31 July 2009 12:48:33(UTC)
TP

Man

stephaniewazhere wrote:
Gildermershina wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:
TP wrote:
Gildermershina wrote:

X10 I agree big time

Just like the UK's and the other countries.

The Labor (or Labour in everyother country) party is working class party, and seems to work well for England, despite the hate for Gordon Brown.
UserPostedImage

"Bats!" (Silver)UK

Albums Certified By BPI:

White Rain (Silver)UK
DreamScape (Silver)UK
Just Suck It! (Silver)UK
Offline Rincewind  
#84 Posted : 31 July 2009 18:39:17(UTC)
Rincewind

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man

Was thanked: 124 time(s) in 87 post(s)
TP wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:
Gildermershina wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:
TP wrote:
Gildermershina wrote:

X10 I agree big time

The Labor (or Labour in everyother country) party is working class party, and seems to work well for England, despite the hate for Gordon Brown.

you are joking?

every single time the labour party comes into power for a long peroid of time in the Uk they manage to bankrupt the country..

also if it wasn't for Scotland, Labour would not get the votes needed to form a goverment. So they are not really the party of England...
I hate it when people see me at the supermarket and they are like:
Hey, what are you doing here?
and im just like:
Oh you know, hunting elephants
Offline Aj  
#85 Posted : 31 July 2009 20:10:46(UTC)
Aj

Man

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 28 post(s)
Rincewind wrote:
TP wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:
Gildermershina wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:
TP wrote:
Gildermershina wrote:

X10 I agree big time

you are joking?

every single time the labour party comes into power for a long peroid of time in the Uk they manage to bankrupt the country..

also if it wasn't for Scotland, Labour would not get the votes needed to form a goverment. So they are not really the party of England...

Basically, British Politics is fucked. We have a bunch of theives and fraudsters for a government, and not one of them deserve to be in power. We've got a pussyfied immigration handling technique because Britain is 'multi-cultural', and we have a law system where twats who are too cowardly to actually DO something, and so instead they go to soldiers homecoming's and preach about blowing them and England up, and THEN they go back to their fucking council houses that WE pay for.

I hate England.

/rant.
Offline forkboy  
#86 Posted : 31 July 2009 22:25:14(UTC)
forkboy

Was thanked: 107 time(s) in 82 post(s)
stephaniewazhere wrote:
Gildermershina wrote:

*Sigh* No Steph. UNIQUE. Look up the definition of the word. d'oh!

All countries have unique political problems. America's are different from the UKs. And seeing as you know diddly squat about British politics, you really aren't in a position to comment on them. Where as we know lots about your countries national politics because they have a direct effect on our own nation.

Anyway, the whole thing is just desperation from the far right. It's been proven many times over already that Obama was born in Hawaii. I cannot believe such BS would even be given oxygen.
#87 Posted : 01 August 2009 02:09:14(UTC)
TP

Man

Rincewind wrote:
TP wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:
Gildermershina wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:
TP wrote:
Gildermershina wrote:

X10 I agree big time

you are joking?

nobody understands my sarcasm today. :(
UserPostedImage

"Bats!" (Silver)UK

Albums Certified By BPI:

White Rain (Silver)UK
DreamScape (Silver)UK
Just Suck It! (Silver)UK
#88 Posted : 01 August 2009 02:09:53(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

forkboy wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:
Gildermershina wrote:

All countries have unique political problems. America's are different from the UKs. And seeing as you know diddly squat about British politics, you really aren't in a position to comment on them. Where as we know lots about your countries national politics because they have a direct effect on our own nation.

Anyway, the whole thing is just desperation from the far right. It's been proven many times over already that Obama was born in Hawaii. I cannot believe such BS would even be given oxygen.

Oh shut up I know what unique means.

I don't know much about British Politics, because it is unnecessary to know, unless a mayor thing happens.
It isn't my fault United States ha a big impact on political news. It is a huge country, of coarse your going to know whats going on. When a bombing happens here the whole world knows the same day, the UK has a bombing it takes like a week for me to know.

And just because I don't know much (Because I know some) about British Politics doesn't make me dumb. I mean its a small country (compared to US), I'm never going to live there, I can't judge it anyway because I don't live there. What I don't understand is how could people judge other places when they haven't been there. And for some reason people in here want to talk about problems in the US only, every country has its problems It gets boring after a while just talking about United State's especially when I live here and its all old news to me.

Lets talk about problems in the North Korea, UK, Colombia, Cuba ect.

Edited by user 01 August 2009 02:15:13(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#89 Posted : 01 August 2009 02:20:50(UTC)
TP

Man

stephaniewazhere wrote:
forkboy wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:
Gildermershina wrote:

I don't know much about British Politics, because it is unnecessary to know, unless a mayor thing happens.
It isn't my fault United States ha a big impact on political news. It is a huge country, of coarse your going to know whats going on. When a bombing happens here the whole world knows the same day, the UK has a bombing it takes like a week for me to know.

And just because I don't know much (Because I know some) about British Politics doesn't make me dumb. I mean its a small country (compared to US), I'm never going to live there, I can't judge it anyway because I don't live there. What I don't understand is how could people judge other places when they haven't been there. And for some reason people in here want to talk about problems in the US only, every country has its problems It gets boring after a while just talking about United State's especially when I live here and its all old news to me.

Im 13 and I live in the US, yet I wake up to CNN. lol Like my history teacher says, just watch at least 10 minutes a day, and you'll be updated. I watch more though lol but still

Edited by user 01 August 2009 02:21:59(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage

"Bats!" (Silver)UK

Albums Certified By BPI:

White Rain (Silver)UK
DreamScape (Silver)UK
Just Suck It! (Silver)UK
#90 Posted : 01 August 2009 02:26:33(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

TP wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:
forkboy wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:
Gildermershina wrote:

Im 13 and I live in the US, yet I wake up to CNN. lol Like my history teacher says, just watch at least 10 minutes a day, and you'll be updated. I watch more though lol but still

Lol, that's good and for your age keep doing that. You must have a lot of interest and thats good. Me I don't. I don;t watch CNN one because my own problems are enough for me and I get more depress hearing bad stuff. IT just me.

This is directed to fork boy:
Not everyone is interested in political news, but again that doesn't mean they aren't smart.
#91 Posted : 01 August 2009 02:33:10(UTC)
TP

Man

stephaniewazhere wrote:
TP wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:
forkboy wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:
Gildermershina wrote:

well politics really is just a knowledge to know if you're not involved in it much. It is just something I know, i'm not involved in politics, mainly since I'm 13, but still, to me and others, it's like reading a textbook. It just gets you to know something new and that's it for us. Now if it's a politician, than it's really important for him to know.

Lol, that's good and for your age keep doing that. You must have a lot of interest and thats good. Me I don't. I don;t watch CNN one because my own problems are enough for me and I get more depress hearing bad stuff. IT just me.

Not everyone is interested in political news, but again that doesn't mean they aren't smart.

UserPostedImage

"Bats!" (Silver)UK

Albums Certified By BPI:

White Rain (Silver)UK
DreamScape (Silver)UK
Just Suck It! (Silver)UK
Offline Aj  
#92 Posted : 01 August 2009 03:54:38(UTC)
Aj

Man

The reason Steph, as you said, is because the US is the only world superpower at the moment, which is why the world always pay's more interest in US news, however saying that the UK is a small nation isnt actually very true, although geographically it may be small it does have a impact on the way the world turns, especially as we kiss your ass's. The US would be but a set of small tribes if it was not for the British and other nations coming and colonising it, and we were still very powerful up until the war, where we spent all our money and you took over. However, saying that UK polotics dont matter isnt a very wise thing to say, it's very importent. I may not know a lot about French polotics, but i recodnise that it still affects the world.

Just thought I'd stand up for meh nation there ;)

Anyway, my point was that the reason everyone wants to talk about US polotics is because they basically control the UK's actions as well, and seeing as a LOT on this forum live in the UK, the US have a direct impact on all of us therefore we want to talk about it. I mean who the hell wants to talk about UK polotics, its shit, we already know their all wankers. ALSO, the reason we dont talk about problems in the UK is because there are none in here that you dont have over in the US or anywhere else in the world. Knife crime - you've got it, selfish poloticians - you've got them.
#93 Posted : 01 August 2009 03:58:40(UTC)
TP

Man

The Russians are another superpower. They got more nukes than the US as a matter of fact. The Chinese are also another superpower. They got alot of resources, plus they give the US most of the things the US needs. And they have the largest army in the world also, the Chinese. Japan also has a fair amount of troops, plus better technology and a better economy. I don't see the US as the only superpower in the world just because they won the Cold War.
UserPostedImage

"Bats!" (Silver)UK

Albums Certified By BPI:

White Rain (Silver)UK
DreamScape (Silver)UK
Just Suck It! (Silver)UK
Offline Aj  
#94 Posted : 01 August 2009 05:14:30(UTC)
Aj

Man

TP wrote:
The Russians are another superpower. They got more nukes than the US as a matter of fact. The Chinese are also another superpower. They got alot of resources, plus they give the US most of the things the US needs. And they have the largest army in the world also, the Chinese. Japan also has a fair amount of troops, plus better technology and a better economy. I don't see the US as the only superpower in the world just because they won the Cold War.

Russia aren't a superpower and China isnt a superpower yet. However Russia are still a very serious threat as they aren't big fans of the west, and China are very quickly becoming a superpower. Not yet though.
#95 Posted : 01 August 2009 05:16:33(UTC)
TP

Man

Aj wrote:
TP wrote:

Russia aren't a superpower and China isnt a superpower yet. However Russia are still a very serious threat as they aren't big fans of the west, and China are very quickly becoming a superpower. Not yet though.

Both are very developed countries. US will be replaced as the superpower in a matter of 20 years in my opinion.
UserPostedImage

"Bats!" (Silver)UK

Albums Certified By BPI:

White Rain (Silver)UK
DreamScape (Silver)UK
Just Suck It! (Silver)UK
Offline forkboy  
#96 Posted : 01 August 2009 06:31:53(UTC)
forkboy

stephaniewazhere wrote:

I am perfectly aware of this fact and I have not actually said that anyway.

What I said was that you were ignorant of British politics, which is perfectly. I'm not complaining that you are ignorant of it, I understand perfectly why you and other Americans are ignorant of British politics. Most British people are ignorant of British politics after all.

Ignorance is completely different to stupidity. Lets not forget that.
#97 Posted : 01 August 2009 06:38:03(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

forkboy wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:

What I said was that you were ignorant of British politics, which is perfectly. I'm not complaining that you are ignorant of it, I understand perfectly why you and other Americans are ignorant of British politics. Most British people are ignorant of British politics after all.

That is true, I actually remember arguing with someone about that in this forum lol!!
Offline Aj  
#98 Posted : 01 August 2009 06:52:50(UTC)
Aj

Man

stephaniewazhere wrote:
forkboy wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:

That is true, I actually remember arguing with someone about that in this forum lol!!

'Ignorant' is used too much on this forum. People use it so much that it loses all meaning.
#99 Posted : 01 August 2009 07:10:17(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Aj wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:
forkboy wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:

'Ignorant' is used too much on this forum. People use it so much that it loses all meaning.

I don't care if people use it to much.

I will keep using it because Ignorant still means ignorant whether an ignorant person uses it or not, lol.
Offline forkboy  
#100 Posted : 20 February 2012 07:21:04(UTC)
forkboy

So it's been 3 years of Obamamania in America & he's coming up for re-election in October/November (I forget when the US elections are held). So what's the assessment of his government so far?

Personally, I can't help but feel it's all been a disappointment, all the talk of "change" came to naught as he proved himself to be firmly in the grasp of business as has been the case of every American president since FDR. His health care reforms were a small victory, but badly watered down from what they should have been. Part of this is not his fault, as working against the Senate & House isn't easy. But part of it...US liberals just never seem to have the same levels of backbone as conservatives for whatever reason. And he's had to work against the worst economic recession since the 30s, but it is inescapable, inequality is rising.