logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Online BrownSugar  
#1 Posted : 03 October 2022 13:17:42(UTC)
BrownSugar

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19114 time(s) in 7586 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Artist: Lincoln
Title: The Party Never Dies
Genre(s): Pop, Dance
Length: 3:50
Writers: L.Keaton, C.Hudson, R.Waterman, P.Carling
Producer: Maddox
Label: Permanent Reminder
From The Album: Sorry to Interrupt

The Party Never Dies is a song recorded by British-Azeri singer Lincoln Keaton-Paria, known mononymously Lincoln. The song was released on October 2nd, 2022 after being announced by Lincoln across his social media accounts on September 20th. It serves as the fifth single from his forthcoming debut album, "Sorry to Interrupt", which is due for release in late 2022. The song follows the release of "Tears of a Dancefloor Darling", his collaboration with American singer and entertainer Eilidh which went on to become Lincoln's fourth consecutive #1 record. "The Party Never Dies" also sees Lincoln reunite with frequent song-writing collaborator Christopher Hudson. Up and coming songwriters Rachel Waterman and Patrick Carling also have writing credits on the track. The production of the fast-tempo, dance-pop song was handled by Maddox. "The Party Never Dies" is a socially conscious and politically charged track running alongside the theme of escapism. The song sees Lincoln provide social commentary on many negative aspects and controversial topics of today's world such as climate change, recession, mental health, political affairs, poverty and capitalism while expressing his yearning for change and encouraging others to hang on to what hope and means of joy they have left.

"The Party Never Dies" is an uptempo dance-pop song which juxtaposes serious social commentary against "joyous" and "euphoric" synth pop beats. In an interview with ThatMusicSite prior to the song's release, Lincoln described the song as his "biggest banger yet", a sentiment which was further supported by the publication. Like all of Lincoln's material, the track nods towards 1980's synth pop but unlike prior releases, "The Party Never Dies" is mainly rooted in modern day dance-pop with its heavy, "bombastic" production and high energy chorus. The verses contain the most "negative" and "dystopian" lyrics of the track, referencing many of today's societal issues and the slower, emotive vocal performance hovering over subdued yet rumbling beats help to create a feeling of "anxiety" and "anticipation". The song continues to build before "erupting" into an "explosive" chorus which echoes a call to arms and evokes feelings of hope and triumph for the common man. Producer Maddox stated that his intention for the track was to create something "dark-edged" and "urgent". "The Party Never Dies" was originally recorded in 2021, however, following the death of Queen Elizabeth II, the track was partially re-recorded in 2022 to switch the word "queen" for "king" in the bridge after the appointment of King Charles III. The anti-monarchy sentiment has drawn slight criticism from Royalists in Lincoln's native United Kingdom.

Lincoln wrote:
"I think that this is the song I've been most scared to release! I'm so proud of it and I do think it's one of my favourites on the album, maybe even my top song on there! I just haven't released anything this "real" and honest before. A lot of my songs are just stories that I think will make people happy or comfort them. I talk about a lot of grown-up stuff on this song. These are things that are in the news all the time these days. This stuff has a huge effect on people's lives. I know I'm not the smartest cookie. I don't know much about complicated science stuff and a lot of politics just hurts my head. I do know that bad people get away with stuff if they have lots of money, though. So many evil people can do what they like just because they are in a lucky position. Regular people get punished. Most of the time they don't even do anything wrong! It's just because a lot of people who have power are nasty and cruel and very ignorant. I don't think that's fair. I wanted to say all that in the song but also tell people that we still have each other, OK!? We are all wonderful and incredible and we shouldn't let these nasty people stomp over us and make us feel bad. We have to tell them "no!". They are killing the poor Earth with their big planes and companies but they make all of us use paper straws. They go all mushy in my McDonald's milkshakes and that makes me sad."

Critical reception of "The Party Never Dies" has been almost universally positive since its release. Many critics have lauded the high energy production with specific praise towards the lyrical content, often being cited as "intelligent", "mature" and "sharp". Orin Zhang of Wonderland called it an "anthemic release of frustration rewarded by an afterglow of euphoria". In a highly positive review for The Line of Best Fit, David Sinclair wrote; "References to climate change, cocaine, unprotected sex, corrupt politicians and mental health isn't something one would expect from a Lincoln song and yet he tackles each taboo with great conviction while making us yearn to be on the dancefloor simultaneously. The boy who banged the drum is now blowing the whistle and on his way to becoming one of modern pop's most intriguing artists." In Slant Magazine, John Karpan labelled it an "effervescent earworm that offers both froth and substance in equal abundance". For Nylon, Maria Isobel praised the energy and intention of the song before dubbing it "political pop done right". In The Guardian, Rupert Sinker applauded Lincoln's growth as an artist and stated: "Despite his cutesy and ditsy persona, one mustn't count Lincoln out as a serious artist and entertainment heavy hitter. He has more than proven his pop sensibilities in the past and with "The Party Never Dies", it appears that the bubbly pop star has his ear to the ground and being what all the greatest pop stars should be; in touch with the world."

"The Party Never Dies"

One too many rumbles to ever settle in
Walking through fire with skin like paraffin
London's burning, Cali's trees all ablaze
Selfishly getting in all the VIPs ways
They think a little cash is all it needs
But that dollar's contaminated;
And the pound's looking weak

Open the curtains to witness more history
Unprecedented times unfolding on the streets
Emotions at a high when empathy's obsolete
Everyone for themselves, vultures don't miss a beat

Lucky for us, the party never dies
Always got to look over to the bright side
Sure, it's fictional, nothing physical
Dreaming big is the whole point of life
Gospel of Jack putting it all to rights
It's not happening if we're not tapping in
Yeah, the world still spins tonight

I heard that we know too much too young
But not enough to ever become someone
Wading through the hoarders' debris
We cut back while they get off free
All these fake signals in a manmade mist
Is it any wonder why our minds play tricks?

Wallet's starved to keep them in dinner jackets
Moral lectures while they often skip the packet
Surely we're allowed one little bad habit?
Open your eyes, you'll see everyone's at it

La-da-di, la-da-da
Da-da-di, da-da-da
It's a whole lot clearer in morning's light
La-da-di, la-da-da
Da-da-di, da-da-da
But nothing pauses with a simple kiss goodnight
La-da-di, la-da-da
Da-da-di, da-da-da
A losing battle doesn't mean it's not worth a fight
La-da-di, la-da-da
Da-da-di, da-da-da
You should know by now that the party never dies

All the King's horses, all the King's men
They try to put themselves together again
Immediate action to protect the very few
Taken from our plates with a big silver spoon
Legs are buckling and there's an air of danger
Do you feel like things are a little stranger?

(Know by now)
The party never dies

Can Be Compared To:

Edited by user 03 October 2022 15:14:45(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

thanks 8 users thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
2001clay on 03/10/2022(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 03/10/2022(UTC), erich hess on 03/10/2022(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 04/10/2022(UTC), C4AJoh on 05/10/2022(UTC), PANIC! on 05/10/2022(UTC), Welat65 on 06/10/2022(UTC), kandii on 16/10/2022(UTC)
Offline Welat65  
#2 Posted : 06 October 2022 21:51:48(UTC)
Welat65

Groups: Registered
Man
Germany

Was thanked: 2936 time(s) in 783 post(s)
Ezra: Your evolution as an artist and individual is crazy to witness, each release seems like an upgrade of your previous one. Proud is understatement, can't wait to see what the future holds for you! I will keep this on repeat!
Aliya RoseBarbie DollEzra Allan • MOON • NicoleYumiRealTalk.com (Talk Show)

• VENUS •

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked Welat65 for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 07/10/2022(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#3 Posted : 10 October 2022 03:11:48(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
OOC: The way that you can craft up pop bliss is INSANE. You just consistently find ways to make of your releases different from one another while providing wonderful lyrics, artwork and background. I can tell this was meticulously planned out and executed and you just continually raise the bar. From the start of his career, Lincoln has always demonstrated how to make the perfect pop song and this is no different. The quality and complexity of the lyrics here are just astounding, I could never! lol! What I really like is that there are different subject matters mixed into the song while still being a feel good, party song. You really snapped. Amazing work as usual :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 10/10/2022(UTC)
Online BrownSugar  
#4 Posted : 10 October 2022 04:39:44(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: Welat65 Go to Quoted Post
Ezra: Your evolution as an artist and individual is crazy to witness, each release seems like an upgrade of your previous one. Proud is understatement, can't wait to see what the future holds for you! I will keep this on repeat!

Lincoln: Hiiiiii Ezra! I have always loved your name, it's so cool, hehe! Thank you soooooo much for your kind words and it makes me feel all happy that you're proud of me. I'm proud too! It has been a long journey to get here but the album is finally coming and I'm so glad people are liking all my recent music! Thank youuuuuu

Originally Posted by: Famouss7x7 Go to Quoted Post
OOC: The way that you can craft up pop bliss is INSANE. You just consistently find ways to make of your releases different from one another while providing wonderful lyrics, artwork and background. I can tell this was meticulously planned out and executed and you just continually raise the bar. From the start of his career, Lincoln has always demonstrated how to make the perfect pop song and this is no different. The quality and complexity of the lyrics here are just astounding, I could never! lol! What I really like is that there are different subject matters mixed into the song while still being a feel good, party song. You really snapped. Amazing work as usual :)

OOC: You're too kind!! Thank you so much for your lovely words! Yeah, this was a labour of love lmao. I knew that I wanted it to be very mature in lyrics but also very pop. Took a while to get the balance right! I do want to make Lincoln my main straight up mainstream pop act so I appreciate your comment about the perfect pop song so much! So kind! I really do try my hardest when it comes to his releases...hence the huge gap between them haha. Thanks for the constant love and support, Jaime!

UserPostedImage

Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#5 Posted : 10 October 2022 16:02:41(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 3949 time(s) in 1347 post(s)
Malik: My girlfriend loves this song, I am all here for a bop and this definitely is one…nice job my man can see this doing well for you!

Ooc - I love Lincoln as a whole his whole personality is adorable, your lyrical content always blows my mind how do you write so many dang good bops so quickly like I need your formula!
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked AmyJayneXoX for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 10/10/2022(UTC)
Online BrownSugar  
#6 Posted : 17 October 2022 00:01:24(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: AmyJayneXoX Go to Quoted Post
Malik: My girlfriend loves this song, I am all here for a bop and this definitely is one…nice job my man can see this doing well for you!

Ooc - I love Lincoln as a whole his whole personality is adorable, your lyrical content always blows my mind how do you write so many dang good bops so quickly like I need your formula!

Lincoln: Hehe thank you so much! I'm glad that your girlfriend loves the song!

OOC: Awww thank you so much! There's no formula, just a lot of overthinking and stress haha. I really appreciate your kind words!!
UserPostedImage

Offline kandii  
#7 Posted : 20 October 2022 10:41:49(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 10467 time(s) in 3435 post(s)
Mae: Every time I hear a new Lincoln song it fills me with so much life. I love how energetic and youthful your sound is and you shine the best when you uplift the radio waves with such positive messaging. Thank you for sharing your gift!
thanks 1 user thanked kandii for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 20/10/2022(UTC)
Offline PANIC!  
#8 Posted : 25 October 2022 11:47:54(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

Was thanked: 2741 time(s) in 1013 post(s)
Ryan: Well color me impressed, kid! This is one of the best songs of 2022 and I say that with all the confidence in the world. On a personal level, this may just be my favorite song of yours up to this point. I know it may seem out of left field given your past releases, and for the pop field in general thematically this song does not fit the typical mold, yet that's what makes it standout so much. I won't get further into that aspect of it because everyone will have their own opinions on the wide range of subjects mentioned throughout the 4 minute track. However, I love that listening to it still makes me tap my foot and bop my head, regardless of the heaviness. Those moments are to me the height of pop music itself. You, Christopher Hudson, and everyone else involved did an excellent job. I'm very much looking forward to that album.
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked PANIC! for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 25/10/2022(UTC)
Online BrownSugar  
#9 Posted : 06 November 2022 20:34:06(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: kandii Go to Quoted Post
Mae: Every time I hear a new Lincoln song it fills me with so much life. I love how energetic and youthful your sound is and you shine the best when you uplift the radio waves with such positive messaging. Thank you for sharing your gift!

Lincoln: Awww thank you so much, Mae! That is exactly what I want to do with my music. I love making people smile and just bringing good times to all :)

Originally Posted by: PANIC! Go to Quoted Post
Ryan: Well color me impressed, kid! This is one of the best songs of 2022 and I say that with all the confidence in the world. On a personal level, this may just be my favorite song of yours up to this point. I know it may seem out of left field given your past releases, and for the pop field in general thematically this song does not fit the typical mold, yet that's what makes it standout so much. I won't get further into that aspect of it because everyone will have their own opinions on the wide range of subjects mentioned throughout the 4 minute track. However, I love that listening to it still makes me tap my foot and bop my head, regardless of the heaviness. Those moments are to me the height of pop music itself. You, Christopher Hudson, and everyone else involved did an excellent job. I'm very much looking forward to that album.

Lincoln: Wow that is such a big compliment! Thank you sooooooo much, Ryan! I think this is one of my favourite songs too. I love to make fun music that people can dance to but I also have a lot of thoughts about real world stuff that I want to talk about too. I was worried that it wouldn't work but Christopher really helped make the song what it is. Very proud of this song and I'm so happy you enjoy it! Can't wait to share the album with youuuu!!
UserPostedImage