logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages<1234>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline cam  
#41 Posted : 18 July 2009 04:53:46(UTC)
cam

Groups: Registered

bikz wrote:
cam wrote:
Who made what? Love? Nobody "made" it.

I disagree with this point of view and am just being a troll.

Excellent and admirable contribution their Bikz, well done.

No, utter pish. If you take a soundbite of my post, fair enough. Try read the whole thing to understand my point of view slightly better.

But well done anyway. Surely if I'm doing nothing but trolling I should be getting barred, I mean trolling shouldn't be allowed should it?
The artist formerly known as forkboy

UserPostedImage
Offline Gildermershina  
#42 Posted : 18 July 2009 05:45:52(UTC)
Gildermershina

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 76 post(s)
cam wrote:
Gildermershina wrote:
He's just being a troll.

Blah blah.

You don't just let people voice opinions, you jump on their opinions and actually mock and ridicule them.

Like so:
"I heard a joke at church today"
"YOU WERE AT CHURCH! HAHA YOU FUCKING IDIOT THERE IS NO GOD!"
UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage
Offline cam  
#43 Posted : 18 July 2009 06:07:51(UTC)
cam

Gildermershina wrote:
cam wrote:
Gildermershina wrote:
He's just being a troll.

Blah blah.

You don't just let people voice opinions, you jump on their opinions and actually mock and ridicule them.

Like so:
"I heard a joke at church today"
"YOU WERE AT CHURCH! HAHA YOU FUCKING IDIOT THERE IS NO GOD!"

I think everyone has the right to believe what they want. But the great thing with freedom of speech is it has to go two ways. So while I will accept (could never honestly respect it) that it is your right to believe in whatever you want, it is my right to point out how stupid that is. And yes, I have little tolerance for religion. Religious people aren't all bad. The vast majority of them aren't bad. That doesn't mean religion it's self isn't bad though, blind faith in anything is a horribly dangeous precedent.

And yes I can be horribly obnoxious on the matter, but I don't think that suddenly renders everything else I say irrelevant.

Incidentally, your example is poor because I like humour far too much. I'd listen to the joke before pointing and laughing at the fact they were at church.

I laugh at 11/9 conspiracy theorists because I don't think they are living in reality, and seeing as I feel exactly the same way about religious people it is only natural I would laugh at them too.

Wish someone would steer this topic back on course anyway.

Edited by user 18 July 2009 06:09:50(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
Offline old.gregg  
#44 Posted : 18 July 2009 06:12:22(UTC)
old.gregg

Man

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 6 post(s)
cam wrote:
So while I will accept (could never honestly respect it) that it is your right to believe in whatever you want, it is my right to point out how stupid that is.

It's your right to point out that in your opinion, their beliefs are stupid, not to plain dismiss them as wrong. Don't get me wrong here, I am an athiest, I believe in evolution, no afterlife etc, but I can tolerate anyone, as long as they're not shoving their beliefs down my throat (and you don't have to be religious to do that!).
-
Offline cam  
#45 Posted : 18 July 2009 06:16:02(UTC)
cam

old.gregg wrote:
cam wrote:
So while I will accept (could never honestly respect it) that it is your right to believe in whatever you want, it is my right to point out how stupid that is.

It's your right to point out that in your opinion, their beliefs are stupid, not to plain dismiss them as wrong. Don't get me wrong here, I am an athiest, I believe in evolution, no afterlife etc, but I can tolerate anyone, as long as they're not shoving their beliefs down my throat (and you don't have to be religious to do that!).

No. No more derailing of this thread. I'll happily discuss theological arguements until the cow goes home, but I'd much rather see someone actually try to refute my point on the previous page, because nobody seems to have even read it except for Bikz who just went TROLL because she read one line.

UserPostedImage
Offline old.gregg  
#46 Posted : 18 July 2009 06:18:53(UTC)
old.gregg

Man

cam wrote:
old.gregg wrote:
cam wrote:

No. No more derailing of this thread. I'll happily discuss theological arguements until the cow goes home, but I'd much rather see someone actually try to refute my point on the previous page, because nobody seems to have even read it except for Bikz who just went TROLL because she read one line.

I was just subtly warning you that you're bordering on discrimination, which IS against the rules, but I'm sure you were smart enough to get my hint...
-
Offline cam  
#47 Posted : 18 July 2009 06:35:11(UTC)
cam

Well yes. I also discriminate against people who think that the September 11th attacks were fake, and people who think we didn't land on the moon, and people who think that "psychics" can talk to deceased family members. Is THAT against the rules? Do we have to pretend that people don't have prejudices?

Incidentally, surely you got that mixed up? I'm allowed to dismiss them as wrong as opposed to calling their entire belief system is stupid because I'd assume the latter is wrong? I mean if I was out-of-hand dismissing religion without knowing anything about it I'd be ignorant, but there's still nothing wrong with it.

UserPostedImage
Offline Gildermershina  
#48 Posted : 18 July 2009 06:46:13(UTC)
Gildermershina

Man
United Kingdom

I think Love is an influential band most active in the latter half of the 1960s around Los Angeles, led by one Arthur Lee, who formed a new lineup in the 2000s after his release from prison and toured extensively before his death in 2006 allowing me to witness their splendour and glory on two separate occasions, one of which was backed by string and brass sections for a full performance of their seminal "Forever Changes" album and which was preceded the night before (for 'twas a festival) by thee Robert Plant who included in his set an extended cover of the Love hit "Seven and Seven Is".
Offline cam  
#49 Posted : 18 July 2009 06:47:17(UTC)
cam

Gildermershina wrote:
I think Love is an influential band most active in the latter half of the 1960s around Los Angeles, led by one Arthur Lee, who formed a new lineup in the 2000s after his release from prison and toured extensively before his death in 2006 allowing me to witness their splendour and glory on two separate occasions, one of which was backed by string and brass sections for a full performance of their seminal "Forever Changes" album and which was preceded the night before (for 'twas a festival) by thee Robert Plant who included in his set an extended cover of the Love hit "Seven and Seven Is".

Rincewind should log back in just to ban you for going off-topic.

UserPostedImage
Offline old.gregg  
#50 Posted : 18 July 2009 06:58:24(UTC)
old.gregg

Man

cam wrote:
Well yes. I also discriminate against people who think that the September 11th attacks were fake, and people who think we didn't land on the moon, and people who think that "psychics" can talk to deceased family members. Is THAT against the rules? Do we have to pretend that people don't have prejudices?

Incidentally, surely you got that mixed up? I'm allowed to dismiss them as wrong as opposed to calling their entire belief system is stupid because I'd assume the latter is wrong? I mean if I was out-of-hand dismissing religion without knowing anything about it I'd be ignorant, but there's still nothing wrong with it.

You know what I meant, stop acting up and always trying to be clever.
-
Offline cam  
#51 Posted : 18 July 2009 07:12:56(UTC)
cam

old.gregg wrote:
cam wrote:

You know what I meant, stop acting up and always trying to be clever.

No, it was a genuine question. Where's this line? How is discriminating against Nazis or moon hoaxers any different to "discriminating" (your own choice of words) against religion and the religious? Because I honestly can't see the difference. Nazis are a group of people who I think are severely wrong on many, many topics, who believe in things that I would describe as fantasy nonsense (such as the idea that the holocaust never happened), and many of those accusations I could also point towards the religious. So where is the line?

If I knew what you meant, I'd have not bloody well asked. PM me. Tell me what is unacceptable to say? Do I have to respect everybodies opinion? Or just opinions that are represented on the forum? I'd like to know.

UserPostedImage
Offline Chimp Records  
#52 Posted : 18 July 2009 07:38:07(UTC)
Chimp Records

cam wrote:
Gildermershina wrote:

Hey can't. Gildermershima's a mod
UserPostedImage UserPostedImage
Artists Signed To Chimp Records:

Moonwalkers
Raven
Meta
Lycant
Delirium
Eclipse
MC Donalds

Offline Gildermershina  
#53 Posted : 18 July 2009 07:56:33(UTC)
Gildermershina

Man
United Kingdom

Chimp Records wrote:
cam wrote:
Gildermershina wrote:

Hey can't. Gildermershima's a mod

Actually he could.

But hey, I brought the thread back on topic like you suggested and you complain and go on arguing? Thanks Cam. Thanks a bunch.
Offline bikz  
#54 Posted : 18 July 2009 09:30:12(UTC)
bikz

Woman

Was thanked: 94 time(s) in 78 post(s)
cam - who's to say I didn't read your whole post? And get back on the rails.

Chimp - you are correct, mods can't be banned, except possibly by Carl. (I know this because I tried to give Gildy a two-minute ban for going off-topic, just as a test.)

bikz - stay out of Serious Debate from now on .... and tell everyone to go back on topic.

Back on topic, please.

Edited by user 18 July 2009 09:33:18(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
There is only one Rockstar Game - and it's your home! <-- still true (:
joshy, neon bras and full frontal neck nuzzling | blacked out by sean smith's neck | startled by joshy's furry presence
Offline Aj  
#55 Posted : 18 July 2009 09:51:39(UTC)
Aj

Man

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 28 post(s)
As I said earlier (though no body seemed to notice :P) Love to me is the most importent thing in the world, but i cant be assed to copy my previous post again so go back and read it if you want to know why i think it is. Basically though, without love, there would be nothing (meaning art,literature,music).

Edited by moderator 18 July 2009 09:53:19(UTC)  | Reason: jus' getting us back onnn track - old.gregg

Offline Gildermershina  
#56 Posted : 18 July 2009 10:37:02(UTC)
Gildermershina

Man
United Kingdom

bikz wrote:
I tried to give Gildy a two-minute ban for going off-topic

So let that be a lesson to you.
Offline xNightsidex  
#57 Posted : 18 July 2009 10:52:02(UTC)
xNightsidex

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 20 post(s)
bikz wrote:

Chimp - you are correct, mods can't be banned, except possibly by Carl. (I know this because I tried to give Gildy a two-minute ban for going off-topic, just as a test.)

bikz - stay out of Serious Debate from now on .... and tell everyone to go back on topic.

Back on topic, please.

On the last note of unrelated matters, I also tried to ban Elliot once :P

Now, this love business...
Offline old.gregg  
#58 Posted : 18 July 2009 10:57:38(UTC)
old.gregg

Man

xNightsidex wrote:
bikz wrote:

Back on topic, please.

On the last note of unrelated matters, I also tried to ban Elliot once :P

To be fair, I did ask... :P
-
Offline Lepelbos  
#59 Posted : 18 July 2009 11:07:31(UTC)
Lepelbos

Chimp Records wrote:
I see love as an emotion made by god for us to feel in order to interact and created bondages and alliances. Really, it's the tool that keeps cooperation intact.

Maybe so, but hate is an emotion too. Did he made that also?
B O S L E P E L R E C O R D S
NEW ALBUMS

UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage
Offline Aj  
#60 Posted : 18 July 2009 20:01:44(UTC)
Aj

Man

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 28 post(s)
Lepelbos wrote:
Chimp Records wrote:
I see love as an emotion made by god for us to feel in order to interact and created bondages and alliances. Really, it's the tool that keeps cooperation intact.

Maybe so, but hate is an emotion too. Did he made that also?

Thats a veeeeeery good question their lepelbos :)
If you follow the whole christian god thing, then i suppose your could just say that it was created by humans through the fear of people being different to you or condraticting your ideas or challenging you, therefore you dislike them and are less likely to share things with them and more likely to fight them.