logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Pg_Tips  
#1 Posted : 15 July 2009 20:17:47(UTC)
Pg_Tips

Groups: Registered
Man

i like mine as nature intended strong, black and with no sugar.....

unless im upset in which case i need it strong wth loads of milk...
*may have anger issues... be carefull*

UserPostedImage
Offline bikz  
#2 Posted : 15 July 2009 20:49:05(UTC)
bikz

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman

Was thanked: 94 time(s) in 78 post(s)
I like mine with three sugars, after putting teabag (PG Tips, always) and water in I stir it 14 times, then add a TINY bit of goat's milk (I usually quickly count to three when putting it in, cannot overdo it), then stir 14 times again and - you have a NaTeaDriMo leading cuppa!
There is no sound greater than that of a kettle boiling, no music can top it. (Not even All Time Low.) And of course .... no drink greater than a nice cuppa tea.
UserPostedImage
There is only one Rockstar Game - and it's your home! <-- still true (:
joshy, neon bras and full frontal neck nuzzling | blacked out by sean smith's neck | startled by joshy's furry presence
Offline Gildermershina  
#3 Posted : 15 July 2009 20:53:03(UTC)
Gildermershina

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 76 post(s)
I like mine cold, no milk, no sugar, no tea, and with a couple icecubes.
UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage
Offline Pg_Tips  
#4 Posted : 15 July 2009 20:53:36(UTC)
Pg_Tips

Man

i agree, as does kippling, gladstone and loads of other famous people.

sugar in tea is anathema though. It ruins the sublime brilliance that is the humble cuppa. I have never grasped why people have sugar in tea, i'm obviously just sweet enough allready :D

UserPostedImage
Offline bikz  
#5 Posted : 15 July 2009 20:55:10(UTC)
bikz

Woman

Was thanked: 94 time(s) in 78 post(s)
Gildermershina wrote:

I like mine not double-posted. ;)
UserPostedImage
There is only one Rockstar Game - and it's your home! <-- still true (:
joshy, neon bras and full frontal neck nuzzling | blacked out by sean smith's neck | startled by joshy's furry presence
Offline Gildermershina  
#6 Posted : 15 July 2009 21:01:13(UTC)
Gildermershina

Man
United Kingdom

bikz wrote:
Gildermershina wrote:

Connection dropout.

Also, I said no tea. Tea is a good cup of water ruined.

Edited by user 15 July 2009 21:02:04(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Pg_Tips  
#7 Posted : 15 July 2009 21:04:37(UTC)
Pg_Tips

Man

Gildermershina wrote:
bikz wrote:
Gildermershina wrote:

Connection dropout.

Also, I said no tea. Tea is a good cup of water ruined.

then you sir are an idiot.

Golf is a good walk ruined, but tea is water perfected.

UserPostedImage
Offline Lepelbos  
#8 Posted : 15 July 2009 21:29:20(UTC)
Lepelbos

I only drink coffee.
B O S L E P E L R E C O R D S
NEW ALBUMS

UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage
Offline Gildermershina  
#9 Posted : 15 July 2009 21:38:55(UTC)
Gildermershina

Man
United Kingdom

Tea is addictive, and habitual. Drinking lots of tea is nothing to be proud of, and yet people are like "I can't do anything till I've had a cup of tea" or whatever, and if you replace cup of tea with shot of heroin you begin to realise what's going on. Not as bad as coffee, but still, it has no magical powers, indeed it doesn't even have an taste, it's water that smells. The flavour of tea is entirely smell, unless you add milk and sugar. So I for one resent the ubiquity of it, and the fact that in the UK people in the construction industry (but one example) stop for teabreaks, as though they are a necessary part of the day, and those along with fag breaks, and we're left with builders who spend two or three times longer to build a fucking toilet cubicle than our continental neighbours.

I am proud to say I am not a habitual tea drinker.
Offline Lepelbos  
#10 Posted : 15 July 2009 21:42:49(UTC)
Lepelbos

Pg_Tips wrote:
i like mine as nature intended strong, black and with no sugar.....

unless im upset in which case i need it strong wth loads of milk...

Strong and black is the connection in this tea subject. :) Sorry man.
NEW ALBUMS

Offline Pg_Tips  
#11 Posted : 15 July 2009 21:48:57(UTC)
Pg_Tips

Man

now i know you don't know what your talking about.

Yes tea does have a taste, you would have to either be
a- an idiot
or
b- - someone who has never actually tried different kinds of tea
to think otherwise.
Darjeeling tastes very different to Earl grey, both of which taste very very different to green tea or red tea..
Tea is an amazing drink that can cool you down if you are hot and heat you up if you are cold. It can help people relax and become less stressed.
tea can rehydrate you better than water by itself, and also has health benefits according to the European Journal of Clinical Nutrition.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/5281046.stm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/4551748.stm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/4261558.stm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/4298403.stm

http://www.nbtea.co.uk/health-benefits-tea.php
http://www.healthcastle.com/tea.shtml
http://www.teabenefits.com/

not to mention that tea is a very social drink and helps ease social situation and ease conversation between people who have never met before.
Just because you do not like the drink yourself does not give you the right to make up spurious facts about it without thinking.

hahahaha strong and black... i like it fogiven man :D

Edited by user 15 July 2009 21:49:39(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
Offline Gildermershina  
#12 Posted : 15 July 2009 21:52:57(UTC)
Gildermershina

Man
United Kingdom

Tea does not have a taste. Taste occurs on the taste bud. You're thinking of flavour, which is a combination of taste and smell.

Yes, tea has some medicinal benefits. A bit like cannabis, or heroin. Doesn't stop it being a drug.
Offline Pg_Tips  
#13 Posted : 15 July 2009 22:00:19(UTC)
Pg_Tips

Man

Gildermershina wrote:
Tea does not have a taste. Taste occurs on the taste bud. You're thinking of flavour, which is a combination of taste and smell.

Yes, tea has some medicinal benefits. A bit like cannabis, or heroin. Doesn't stop it being a drug.

im sorry, is it even possible for a water based drink with additives not to have a taste? i personally disagree.

Flavor is a combination of two sensory perceptions: taste and odor or aroma. The first part of the flavor duo of taste and aroma is perceived by the taste buds and other sensory tissues on the tongue. One theory of flavor perception, although somewhat antiquated, is Amoore 5 Stereochemical Theory. It is an old theory but it remains a good model for explaining many aspects of flavor perception. . A chemical (in tea, an enzyme or an essential oil or a combination thereof) which has the property of being able to stimulate differently-shaped sites at once is said to be a secondary aromatic compound (call it "after taste" if you like). The analogy here is that primary odorants or flavorants are like letters of the alphabet, and the secondary odorants or flavorants are like syllables. I like that description — it almost sounds as though tea talks to one as it allows itself to be drunk (as I'm sure it does).

so in simple terms, Yes the aroma of tea plays a part in the overall flavour of the fine brew that is tea. BUT so does the various compounds found in the tea itself, the various metalic compunds, salts, minerals, etc etc all combine to give us a taste sensation. Which is why different tea's taste differently

UserPostedImage
Offline Lepelbos  
#14 Posted : 15 July 2009 22:12:01(UTC)
Lepelbos

Well, i drink tea. I dont hate it. But i just prefer coffee. At work i drink tea, but not that much.
NEW ALBUMS

Offline cam  
#15 Posted : 15 July 2009 22:53:00(UTC)
cam

Tea is possibly the blandest drink in the world. Except coffee. What a waste of a nice cup of water :(
The artist formerly known as forkboy

UserPostedImage
Offline Gildermershina  
#16 Posted : 15 July 2009 22:53:11(UTC)
Gildermershina

Man
United Kingdom

Pg_Tips wrote:
Gildermershina wrote:

im sorry, is it even possible for a water based drink with additives not to have a taste? i personally disagree

Irrelevant, since everything you described suggests a different flavour sensation and not a different taste sensation. Obviously it has some taste, but it's almost imperceptible in regular quantities. In a documentary I saw several years ago, they brought in tea experts, blindfolded them, put on noseplugs and asked them to identify teas by taste. They were indistinguishable from hot water. There are sensations beyond taste that people ascribe to taste, many of which are psychological, even placebo effects. For example, if halfway drinking a cup of tea the host casually mentioned that the spoon they had used to stir the tea had also been used to stir catfood, suddenly your tea seems to become less "tasty". The point that I'm trying to make is that tea is ascribed qualities it simply does not have. Yes it's good for you in certain ways, but it's bad for you in others. Yes it's theraputic, and relieves stress, but an order of magnitude below cannabis or even mild adrenaline. Speciality teas are a tradition that seems more mysterious and spiritual than it is because of its association with Eastern spirituality. Meanwhile, regular bog standard tea has become a British tradition because it's a quick hit.

I'm not trying to wage war against tea drinkers, I just question the nature of it as a tradition. The psychology of this mild drug is fascinating. Surely you can have a conversation without a cup of tea, but with it you can fill awkward pauses with tentative sips, you don't have to fidget with your hands because you've got somewhere to put them, if the topic dries up you can always say "Mmm this is nice tea"... It's a farcical ritual that people take for granted. If you enjoy it, fine, but I honestly don't understand how it's something to be proud of.

Edited by user 15 July 2009 22:53:54(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Regan  
#17 Posted : 15 July 2009 22:56:31(UTC)
Regan

Man

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Use to drink Tea a lot. Don't anymore. All I drink now is water, orange juice, or apple juice.
thecerebral_collection:
quarantine | thewaitingroom | bunker18
Offline Pg_Tips  
#18 Posted : 15 July 2009 23:01:21(UTC)
Pg_Tips

Man

Gildermershina wrote:
Pg_Tips wrote:
Gildermershina wrote:

im sorry, is it even possible for a water based drink with additives not to have a taste? i personally disagree

Irrelevant, since everything you described suggests a different flavour sensation and not a different taste sensation. Obviously it has some taste, but it's almost imperceptible in regular quantities. In a documentary I saw several years ago, they brought in tea experts, blindfolded them, put on noseplugs and asked them to identify teas by taste. They were indistinguishable from hot water. There are sensations beyond taste that people ascribe to taste, many of which are psychological, even placebo effects. For example, if halfway drinking a cup of tea the host casually mentioned that the spoon they had used to stir the tea had also been used to stir catfood, suddenly your tea seems to become less "tasty". The point that I'm trying to make is that tea is ascribed qualities it simply does not have. Yes it's good for you in certain ways, but it's bad for you in others. Yes it's theraputic, and relieves stress, but an order of magnitude below cannabis or even mild adrenaline. Speciality teas are a tradition that seems more mysterious and spiritual than it is because of its association with Eastern spirituality. Meanwhile, regular bog standard tea has become a British tradition because it's a quick hit.

I'm not trying to wage war against tea drinkers, I just question the nature of it as a tradition. The psychology of this mild drug is fascinating. Surely you can have a conversation without a cup of tea, but with it you can fill awkward pauses with tentative sips, you don't have to fidget with your hands because you've got somewhere to put them, if the topic dries up you can always say "Mmm this is nice tea"... It's a farcical ritual that people take for granted. If you enjoy it, fine, but I honestly don't understand how it's something to be proud of.

and at no point have i or anyone else for that matter asked you to be proud of it. You have simply seen an opertunity to rant and rave and attempt to show how intelligent and wise you are compared to us mere plebs, by picking an argument over something as simple as what kind of tea do you like... Its pathetic in a way, at no point have you backed up your argument with any sort of proof, Do you just expect people to believe you, because you are you? its a bit of a circular assumption really. I'm not ranting at you, im ranting at how you are portraying yourself in this thread. If you were to show me evidence to back up your point of view then i would be more than happy to read it, listen to you and maybe even change my point of view.

When it comes down to it, Tea is Tea. Some people like it, some people don't. Some people hate it even. But as this was supposed to be a thread where we talked about the tea's we liked, and how we like them do you really see a point in turning the whole thing into a how big is your cock because mines bigger thing? I know i have only just joined this place, but overall it has a nice feel to it, i like the game from what ive played so far and do hope to become a member of this forum properly (and not just a one day johnny). But if in every single thing i post i have people jumping in just to contradict for the sake of contradiction whats the point in trying to talk about anything on here because it will all end up the same way?

Edited by user 15 July 2009 23:02:41(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
Offline cam  
#19 Posted : 15 July 2009 23:06:05(UTC)
cam

Well no, you've had him "jump in" (ie post a reply) because it's something that he feels.

You decided to call him an idiot. It escalate.
The artist formerly known as forkboy

UserPostedImage
Offline Gildermershina  
#20 Posted : 15 July 2009 23:13:42(UTC)
Gildermershina

Man
United Kingdom

Woah, calm down. This is a discussion about tea. The reason I went into those depths of discussion is that this is not the first thread about tea. You don't see threads about orange juice and all the different varieties of that, or even coffee, but tea, that's somehow special. But thanks for assuming I'm arguing out of some kind of cock-contest. I assure you however, my penis is of entirely average size. Well average for an elephant. No, I'm joking.

But are you trying to tell me you're not proud of your tea drinking when your name, avatar and signature are all tea-related and one of the first threads you made was about tea?