logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Aj  
#1 Posted : 16 July 2009 21:01:21(UTC)
Aj

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 28 post(s)
I know there was a thread somewhere about the single, but I listened to the album the other day and i absolutely LOVED it :)
Offline PANIC!  
#2 Posted : 17 July 2009 03:19:46(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

Was thanked: 2741 time(s) in 1013 post(s)
The album is okay, not great in my opinion. A lot of generic material, lackluster lyrics, and auto-tune. But I still think Weightless and Therapy are amazing songs. I admit that these guys are going to have huge success here in the states kind of like how Fall Out Boy had a couple years ago, debuting at #4 is pretty big for them.
UserPostedImage
Offline Aj  
#3 Posted : 17 July 2009 03:33:24(UTC)
Aj

Man

PANIC! wrote:
The album is okay, not great in my opinion. A lot of generic material, lackluster lyrics, and auto-tune. But I still think Weightless and Therapy are amazing songs. I admit that these guys are going to have huge success here in the states kind of like how Fall Out Boy had a couple years ago, debuting at #4 is pretty big for them.

Oh wweeell, a little bit of average is okay sometime. I wasnt so sure about the lyrics though, i didnt think they were THAT bad, although the auto-tune was a bit silly.
Offline PANIC!  
#4 Posted : 17 July 2009 03:38:31(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

Aj wrote:
PANIC! wrote:

Oh wweeell, a little bit of average is okay sometime. I wasnt so sure about the lyrics though, i didnt think they were THAT bad, although the auto-tune was a bit silly.

Their was no need for auto-tune I mean Alex could sing really well without it, but that's the producer(s) fault. I could listen to about half the albums but I HATE with a passion Too Much that song is just too much.
UserPostedImage
Offline bikz  
#5 Posted : 17 July 2009 03:47:28(UTC)
bikz

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman

Was thanked: 94 time(s) in 78 post(s)
*the ATL sabretooth creeps around ready to kill anyone who says a word against this magnificent piece of music*
UserPostedImage
There is only one Rockstar Game - and it's your home! <-- still true (:
joshy, neon bras and full frontal neck nuzzling | blacked out by sean smith's neck | startled by joshy's furry presence
Offline Aj  
#6 Posted : 17 July 2009 04:06:17(UTC)
Aj

Man

bikz wrote:
*the ATL sabretooth creeps around ready to kill anyone who says a word against this magnificent piece of music*

Come on Bikz, Panic hit the nail on the head, Too Much is too much, however i agree with you on the rest of the album
Offline The Nimrods  
#7 Posted : 17 July 2009 04:28:31(UTC)
The Nimrods

Was thanked: 59 time(s) in 36 post(s)
Strike me down sabretooth, ATL is just too commercial.I'm not gonna lie, my friend showed me some early ATL songs and I thought they were alright, didn't love them, didn't hate them.But auto-tune, this is too much.
The Nimrods (Progressive Death Metal,Progressive Metal,Progressive Rock.Think Opeth/Dream Theater/Tool/Pink Floyd)
Jimmy Him- Lead Guitar,Vocals,Primary Songwriter
Davey Matlock- Bass,Guitars,Vocals,Primary Songwriter
Kit Saunders- Drums,additional percussion
Jaska Latvala- Rhythm Guitar,Vocals,Primary Songwriter
Jack Burton- Keyboards,Keytar

Satyr in the Frost(Melodic Black Metal,think Satyricon/Mayhem/Early Dimmu Borgir/Immortal)
Sigmund-Vocals and Rhythm guitar
Celt-Drums
Saxon-Lead Guitar
Sauron-Keyboard
Gris-Bass
Rincewind wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
I knew you'd be back! *cries*

now now, *hugs and steals wallet*

xNightsidex wrote:
Oops I stumbled over and hit the "extend ban" button.

UserPostedImage

Gildermershina wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
xNightsidex wrote:
Sooo...

What's everyone else do in the real world?

Sell pot and jerk off

JK, or am i?

At the same time?

Rincewind wrote:
Synxhard wrote:
I don't believe in jeans...

well your shit out of luck because they believe in you.....

Offline xNightsidex  
#8 Posted : 17 July 2009 05:58:36(UTC)
xNightsidex

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 20 post(s)
PANIC! wrote:

I felt autotune was minimal where present anyway so that didn't niggle me so much.

But as I said in the other thread, that's pretty much my opinion of the album too...

It'll sell, by heavens it will, but that doesn't make "good pop" for my own personal enjoyment...

Therapy, Weightless and Hello Brooklyn are probably my favourite three.
Offline flipside x  
#9 Posted : 17 July 2009 06:07:07(UTC)
flipside x

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I like the music, but I never could get into his whiny voice. Why can't Valencia be getting this success instead?
archaic couture. is:
Mila Ahtisaari - Vocals; Chris Sekine - Drums; David Reese and Tyler Westbourne - Guitars; Devin Perccone - Bass

the no time left for sleeping tour is:
UserPostedImage
Offline PANIC!  
#10 Posted : 17 July 2009 06:11:13(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

flipside x wrote:
I like the music, but I never could get into his whiny voice. Why can't Valencia be getting this success instead?

Because Valencia didn't have they're album promoted like crazy on MTV and they don't have Mark Hoppus and Pete Wentz supporting them. Granted I could go either way between ATL and Valencia not a huge fan of neither.
UserPostedImage
Offline xNightsidex  
#11 Posted : 17 July 2009 06:16:26(UTC)
xNightsidex

Man
United Kingdom

Both of Valencia's albums are extremely underrated and under-promoted, sadly...

I've met Valencia, when they were on tour with Kids In Glass Houses here last year. Exceptional live show, and such lovely boys.
Offline flipside x  
#12 Posted : 17 July 2009 06:58:23(UTC)
flipside x

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
xNightsidex wrote:

I've met Valencia, when they were on tour with Kids In Glass Houses here last year. Exceptional live show, and such lovely boys.

Valencia's "We All Need a Reason..." has to be my favorite pop-punk release of the last couple of years. One of the few albums where after a song ends I can look forward to the last one. Given I had the last All Time Low album, but I don't know, they don't sound refined, and his voice is too childish compared to bands like Valencia, Dangerous Summer, even Houston Calls or Hit The Lights. Admittedly i like some of All Time Low's stuff, but I don't get the hype.
archaic couture. is:
Mila Ahtisaari - Vocals; Chris Sekine - Drums; David Reese and Tyler Westbourne - Guitars; Devin Perccone - Bass

the no time left for sleeping tour is:
UserPostedImage
Offline old.gregg  
#13 Posted : 17 July 2009 07:05:24(UTC)
old.gregg

Man

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 6 post(s)
xNightsidex wrote:

As did I ^_^

I've seen ATL and Valencia, though, and All Time Low totally put Valencia to shame..

As for the album, it's alright (and am I the only one who actually likes Too Much?!)
-
Offline xNightsidex  
#14 Posted : 17 July 2009 07:13:41(UTC)
xNightsidex

Man
United Kingdom

flipside x wrote:
xNightsidex wrote:

Valencia's "We All Need a Reason..." has to be my favorite pop-punk release of the last couple of years. One of the few albums where after a song ends I can look forward to the last one. Given I had the last All Time Low album, but I don't know, they don't sound refined, and his voice is too childish compared to bands like Valencia, Dangerous Summer, even Houston Calls or Hit The Lights. Admittedly i like some of All Time Low's stuff, but I don't get the hype.

Valencia produce solid song after solid song I reckon, it's a shame no label gives them the right push!

We All Need A Reason To Believe was easily one of my top 5 last year looking back. I prefer their first album in terms of energy and variation though really.

Plus Shane's side project, Promise Of Redemption, influenced a lot of my writing, and I love his two albums with that too.