logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#1 Posted : 19 July 2009 03:39:52(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)
******this is not a battle to see which sit is better, this is to see if we really should make the transition***

TRSG = The Rock Star Game
TBSG = The Bikstar Game

Okay we really haven't discuss this. This is a big step here.
Me I think the features of TBSG are better only because there are more features, we already have worked up things int TRSG and yes we could transfer the stuff but that would only be a headache. Not only that people are excited for the birdies and there are certain festivals that are coming up. Not only that, Carl is paying for this site to run, should we be greedy and do that to him.

I think this TBSG idea only comes in handy when TRSG forums are down.

Edited by user 19 July 2009 03:48:38(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Aj  
#2 Posted : 19 July 2009 05:42:40(UTC)
Aj

Man

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 28 post(s)
I don't see why we cant run the forums the same as we run tbsg whilst the charts are down, that way we have a whole mod team to do it as well, not just bikz. because that way she wont get as bogged down by the pressure of it.
All we've got to do is have a chart sticky and every week update it. Also, if we wanted to we could also when we announce single releases we could send a link to prove the singles rating and to prove the popularity you have in certain areas.
#3 Posted : 19 July 2009 05:46:04(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Aj wrote:
I don't see why we cant run the forums the same as we run tbsg whilst the charts are down, that way we have a whole mod team to do it as well, not just bikz. because that way she wont get as bogged down by the pressure of it.
All we've got to do is have a chart sticky and every week update it. Also, if we wanted to we could also when we announce single releases we could send a link to prove the singles rating and to prove the popularity you have in certain areas.

I had said that before, I so agree with this. All the features that the bikstar game has can be simply added to here.
Offline Aj  
#4 Posted : 19 July 2009 05:51:51(UTC)
Aj

Man

stephaniewazhere wrote:
Aj wrote:

I had said that before, I so agree with this. All the features that the bikstar game has can be simply added to here.

Ah well, great minds think alike ;)
#5 Posted : 19 July 2009 05:53:43(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Aj wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:
Aj wrote:

lmao. ;)

Edited by user 19 July 2009 05:57:17(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline troymazing  
#6 Posted : 19 July 2009 05:56:01(UTC)
troymazing

Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
stephaniewazhere wrote:
Aj wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:
Aj wrote:

lmao. ;)

iu weaint tou suicuek youire dieuuiceik.

.......?
GirlSpice wrote:
Oh well.. she sits outside then. LOL!

#7 Posted : 19 July 2009 05:56:56(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

troymazing wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:
Aj wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:
Aj wrote:

lmao. ;)

iu weaint tou suicuek youire dieuuiceik.

.......?

I just went crazy typing. So random.
Offline troymazing  
#8 Posted : 19 July 2009 06:07:29(UTC)
troymazing

Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
On topic...

I don't want to move all of my stuff from here to there. No way. I like it here, sorry bikz.
GirlSpice wrote:
Oh well.. she sits outside then. LOL!

Offline bikz  
#9 Posted : 19 July 2009 06:08:52(UTC)
bikz

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman

Was thanked: 94 time(s) in 78 post(s)
Right. I said I'd stay out of this forum, but ....

The only reason that TBSG is so strongly associated with TRSG is because I made the game as a place to go, starting off busting my back trying to make it as similar as I could to TRSG in v1, running around reading every post and seeing how it might edit your ability/popularity, then in v2 (the most similar old version to the current one), I decided to stop trying to copy Carl's ideas and build my own game. Then there was v3, when I finally got too exhausted to run it on my own, and instead of doing what I should have done and employed mods, I failed. That lasted two days before TRSG came back with brilliant timing, and we had an interregnum. Now, we have The Bikstar Game v4 beta.

So, that's the history of Bikstardom. The Bikstar Game has very few similarities to The Rockstar Game. In TRSG, the forum is optional to the game - in TBSG, the game is based in the forum. In TRSG, ingame you click buttons and can choose to roleplay in the forums if you want - in TBSG, the whole game is an RPG. See the difference?

The Bikstar Game, like any other music game (Music Maven, Project Rockstar, Popmundo, Music Wars, Chart Wars, etc.), is separate to TRSG. There's no law saying that you can't have the same characters in two games, but if you had the same characters in TRSG and Music Maven, would it be a big deal, that Carl's paying for TRSG, you've bogged down his server with that one extra account, and you are off playing Music Maven? No - probably because the connection isn't so strong between the two games, but what can you do. I'm always going to have this stick about TBSG, simply because it started during TRSG downtime.

From my point of view, there's nothing to discuss really, but feel free. (As for the idea that we could just bring the features over. Do you seriously think that we could really fit all 10 roleplay forums in TBSG in the one 15-topics-per-page roleplay forum here?)
UserPostedImage
There is only one Rockstar Game - and it's your home! <-- still true (:
joshy, neon bras and full frontal neck nuzzling | blacked out by sean smith's neck | startled by joshy's furry presence
#10 Posted : 19 July 2009 06:14:23(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

bikz wrote:

The only reason that TBSG is so strongly associated with TRSG is because I made the game as a place to go, starting off busting my back trying to make it as similar as I could to TRSG in v1, running around reading every post and seeing how it might edit your ability/popularity, then in v2 (the most similar old version to the current one), I decided to stop trying to copy Carl's ideas and build my own game. Then there was v3, when I finally got too exhausted to run it on my own, and instead of doing what I should have done and employed mods, I failed. That lasted two days before TRSG came back with brilliant timing, and we had an interregnum. Now, we have The Bikstar Game v4 beta.

So, that's the history of Bikstardom. The Bikstar Game has very few similarities to The Rockstar Game. In TRSG, the forum is optional to the game - in TBSG, the game is based in the forum. In TRSG, ingame you click buttons and can choose to roleplay in the forums if you want - in TBSG, the whole game is an RPG. See the difference?

The Bikstar Game, like any other music game (Music Maven, Project Rockstar, Popmundo, Music Wars, Chart Wars, etc.), is separate to TRSG. There's no law saying that you can't have the same characters in two games, but if you had the same characters in TRSG and Music Maven, would it be a big deal, that Carl's paying for TRSG, you've bogged down his server with that one extra account, and you are off playing Music Maven? No - probably because the connection isn't so strong between the two games, but what can you do. I'm always going to have this stick about TBSG, simply because it started during TRSG downtime.

From my point of view, there's nothing to discuss really, but feel free. (As for the idea that we could just bring the features over. Do you seriously think that we could really fit all 10 roleplay forums in TBSG in the one 15-topics-per-page roleplay forum here?)

Yes we can, It doesn't have be like the bikstar game we simply just make a thread about movies like we were doing with the Poptart one. Everything else is just the same as TRSG except the sales formula thing which we could just make a sticky of. All the Bikstar game has that TRSG at the moment is the sales thing.

In other words, we don't have to bring all those 15 topics, its unnecessary.

Edited by user 19 July 2009 06:15:33(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Aj  
#11 Posted : 19 July 2009 06:25:34(UTC)
Aj

Man

stephaniewazhere wrote:
bikz wrote:

Yes we can, It doesn't have be like the bikstar game we simply just make a thread about movies like we were doing with the Poptart one. Everything else is just the same as TRSG except the sales formula thing which we could just make a sticky of. All the Bikstar game has that TRSG at the moment is the sales thing.

In other words, we don't have to bring all those 15 topics, its unnecessary.

EXACTLY my point :)
Offline bikz  
#12 Posted : 19 July 2009 06:48:56(UTC)
bikz

Woman

Was thanked: 94 time(s) in 78 post(s)
If I were to help out with sales, I would have to invent an entire new formula. This formula is appropriate to TBSG, but wouldn't work for TRSG. Also, in case you've forgotten, I'm a hard worker, but I'm not a computer. I'm not even the best person for the job, health/fatigue issues would get in the way, and by the time I'd worked out the sales for every single, the game would be fixed and I'd throw away weeks on end of hard work.

There's no need to get in a pap about it. Relax. It's just a game, and I'm not trying to copy TRSG, I'm trying to bring together something different.
UserPostedImage
There is only one Rockstar Game - and it's your home! <-- still true (:
joshy, neon bras and full frontal neck nuzzling | blacked out by sean smith's neck | startled by joshy's furry presence
Offline asdf  
#13 Posted : 19 July 2009 06:52:01(UTC)
asdf

Man

Was thanked: 539 time(s) in 290 post(s)
I like the Bikstar game for its different features that TRSG doesn't have. I think in the end TBSG will be a much different thing, heck its all ready a lot different.

(Bikz, check your pms on Bikstar.)
Proud member since September 6th, 2007!

Proud to be a mod since May 5th, 2011!

Currently writing the longest Solo-Written RP in Rockstar Game History
Offline Aj  
#14 Posted : 19 July 2009 07:03:33(UTC)
Aj

Man

bikz wrote:
If I were to help out with sales, I would have to invent an entire new formula. This formula is appropriate to TBSG, but wouldn't work for TRSG. Also, in case you've forgotten, I'm a hard worker, but I'm not a computer. I'm not even the best person for the job, health/fatigue issues would get in the way, and by the time I'd worked out the sales for every single, the game would be fixed and I'd throw away weeks on end of hard work.

There's no need to get in a pap about it. Relax. It's just a game, and I'm not trying to copy TRSG, I'm trying to bring together something different.

Why wouldnt they work? its simple, good advertising/good roleplay as a whole/good song ratings/good popularity = good sales? The mods could have something where they all vote for their opinions on chart positions, however many places there were, and then you could have like points for certain positions the mods give you, and then you add all the points the mods give you and then divide them or do whatever and work it out that way. Woah, im getting too into this..
#15 Posted : 19 July 2009 07:04:37(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Ok then we should just wait, I don't mind waiting for the game. I don't like the formula anyways because like I said before if people don't like you nor find interesting they wont comment on your threads. Its basically like a popularity contest between the users not the actual characters. Its just not as realistic as TRSG. And no only that people have worked their but off in this website.
#16 Posted : 19 July 2009 07:06:30(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Aj wrote:
bikz wrote:

Why wouldnt they work? its simple, good advertising/good roleplay as a whole/good song ratings/good popularity = good sales? The mods could have something where they all vote for their opinions on chart positions, however many places there were, and then you could have like points for certain positions the mods give you, and then you add all the points the mods give you and then divide them or do whatever and work it out that way. Woah, im getting too into this..

I like the idea but it is too biased. It wouldn't work. I think all of us need to keep contacting Carl even if it bothers him, maybe we would get his attention more.
Offline asdf  
#17 Posted : 19 July 2009 07:07:14(UTC)
asdf

Man

Was thanked: 539 time(s) in 290 post(s)
Its a popularity contest in real life music industry too though.
Proud member since September 6th, 2007!

Proud to be a mod since May 5th, 2011!

Currently writing the longest Solo-Written RP in Rockstar Game History
Offline Aj  
#18 Posted : 19 July 2009 07:07:39(UTC)
Aj

Man

IMO, we should spam the bugger til he hurries up. Didnt someone twitter him once? Find it, and just, twitter til the little birdie in the corner bursts into flames.
Offline Aj  
#19 Posted : 19 July 2009 07:11:00(UTC)
Aj

Man

asdf wrote:

Yeah, but there arent genre restrictions in real life, for instance say the team who decide upon the sales dislike the genre of the band, but they like everything else, but they still dont put them high cos of the genre, thats a bit unfair. also if someone has an argument with someone and they put them a shittty place in the charts, but they would usually like them, thats going to cock things up.
#20 Posted : 19 July 2009 07:12:12(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

asdf wrote:

Yeah but, this isn't real life meaning we don't have actual people that decide to buy albums.
For example, if there was a virtual community that we can't control and they decided which albums to buy then it would work because it isn't biased.
We are basing sales on whether or not people comment or like your threads and that is biased.

Edited by user 19 July 2009 07:15:51(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified